(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 404.
#10451 3 years ago

# 551,just got my extras sheet. Is there a difference between the bill acceptor door vs non bill acceptor door other than the bill acceptor ready? Is the quality the same between the two? The other decision I'm struggling with is butter vs no butter cab.

#10452 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

# 551,just got my extras sheet. Is there a difference between the bill acceptor door vs non bill acceptor door other than the bill acceptor ready? Is the quality the same between the two? The other decision I'm struggling with is butter vs no butter cab.

same door. one simply has the knockout plate and wiring for the bill acceptor (120v ac)

#10453 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Is there a cliffy set available for this game?

No.

#10454 3 years ago

I am checking my email like a monkey in a crack cocaine study...

#458 has got to be ready soon?

#10455 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Pretty sure the non-acceptor door will come with the Peace Among Worlds sticker in the middle while the other does not.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/12#post-5482033
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/17#post-5488769

#10456 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am checking my email like a monkey in a crack cocaine study...
#458 has got to be ready soon?

42x butter constantly refreshing email

#10457 3 years ago

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Just noticed this showed up since the last time I was browsing Pinball Life's site:

https://www.pinballlife.com/rick-and-morty-upgraded-shooter-lane-wireform-kit.html

#10458 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Just noticed this showed up since the last time I was browsing Pinball Life's site:
https://www.pinballlife.com/rick-and-morty-upgraded-shooter-lane-wireform-kit.html

This is new. As much as I appreciate Pinball Life making this "mod", I would have to agree that this should be included with the game, if it is not. With that said, I would swap out my current launch wireform with this one.

#10459 3 years ago

That’s a major bummer. He seems to have them for every other game...

#10460 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

What the...

#10461 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

So is this in new builds going forward?

#10462 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So is this in new builds going forward?

No, this is a mod for the game and not required.
--Scott

#10463 3 years ago

Be nice if they actually explained what was different with it? Is it that it is circular at the end?

#10464 3 years ago

So, I hadn't got a tilt yet...tried to tilt..didn't tilt, but I think I put my shoulder out.

#10465 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, I hadn't got a tilt yet...tried to tilt..didn't tilt, but I think I put my shoulder out.

Have you checked the tilt bob? Reach under and flick it and see if it tilts.

#10466 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

What does it do differently to the stock one? Does it allow the ball to travel further around the loop, or all the way round like a regular ball launch?

#10467 3 years ago

--Scott

What does this mod accomplish?

#10468 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What does it do differently to the stock one? Does it allow the ball to travel further around the loop, or all the way round like a regular ball launch?

Seems like it would be the opposite, replacing the loop at the end of the wireform with an angled reverse scoop to direct the ball downward instead of the loop at the end being the "catch" for the ball and hoping it drops down. With the proper coil power it seems like no issue but I'd love to hear more from the source...

#10469 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Have you checked the tilt bob? Reach under and flick it and see if it tilts.

Yes, it does.

#10470 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

What does this mod accomplish?

All it appears to do is reinforce the end so the wires don't bend over time. At least, that's what it looks like from the pictures.

#10471 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes, it does.

you can adjust the bob to make it tighter if you want it to tilt easier.

#10472 3 years ago

Seems like it would be the opposite, replacing the loop at the end of the wireform with an angled reverse scoop to direct the ball downward instead of the loop at the end being the "catch" for the ball and hoping it drops down. With the proper coil power it seems like no issue but I'd love to hear more from the source...

Yeh, that’s why I’m wondering- my original one just drops the ball down - never had an issue. But you’re right, can’t see this new one allowing the ball all the way round the loop either. Obviously some people were having issues with the original.

#10473 3 years ago

What does this mod accomplish?<

Hey Guys,
This is correct. It is also reinforced. It will work at almost any coil power as well.

#10474 3 years ago

If you were following the game from launch (see what I did there) the ball would sometimes shoot into the "R" shot because the prongs from the shooter wireform would sit too low and miss the loop that was meant to stop the ball and have it drop onto the playfield. The fix at the time was to slightly bend the prongs upwards so that the ball would squarely strike the loop and drop down.

The improved shooter wireform was formed to direct the ball downwards towards the playfield, instead of counting on the loop of the original wireform to do this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/44#post-5597788

#10475 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Should be putting these in games going out. The original one is no bueno.

Ordered, of course. Drrr.

#10476 3 years ago

Purple Wireform ordered.

... with a Quiet fan, No Fear Disc, Replacement/Backup Ship Plastic, Airball Protector and a few things that were langouring in my PL cart.

Feel free to sign my Airball protector or backup Ship Plastic, Scott!

#10477 3 years ago

Hey Guys,
This is correct. It is also reinforced. It will work at almost any coil power as well.

This is what the new part fixes.

With the old wireform, you cannot dial in the launch power to work 100% of the time. Softer settings will result in the ball sometimes not making it to the end, because the rails closest to the player won't seat firmly in the playfield which sometimes robs power from launch. Harder launch settings will bang off the end and roll back to the shooter lane. It is impossible to get it 100% consistent in factory configuration.

#10478 3 years ago

I have not had any issues at all as of yet, and I didn't change any shooter settings.

#10479 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have not had any issues at all as of yet, and I didn't change any shooter settings.

You're lucky. I've rebent the bottom seating part a bit and fiddled with the launch power... it works probably 95% of the time, but never 100%. Always fun watching your ballsaver timer wind down as the game re-fires the launch...

#10480 3 years ago

For me the current shooter rails are mostly consistent, but not always. Sometimes the ball will trigger the loop-back lane switch, sometimes it will continue all the way around the loop-back, and occasionally during multiple, the auto-plunge won't make it all the way to the top. I'd say it works as intended 9 our of 10 times. I'll probably order the upgrade.

#10481 3 years ago

When I had ramp issues I bit the bullet and just done one TNA style, it works great.

2021-02-04 07.08.44 (resized).png2021-02-04 07.08.44 (resized).png

20201225_003028.jpg20201225_003028.jpg

Also gives an unobstructed view of the Cromulon and right orbit!.

One of the things that really gave me the s#its, and why I did this, was the ball exit from the backboard after completing left ramp. Too often the ball comes out airborne with pace and kept bouncing off the end of wireform and would go up back around the right orbit and dribble out through the spinner. This changed the launch wire "adjustment" too sometimes, requiring a re-tweak again. It was in need of a solution from my perspective, the stainless ramp seemed like the go so I did it.

Works properly across a range of coil power settings, but stock value works 100% as well. Also clears 3 balls from the shooter lane without any going the wrong direction. It ramps up til 2 eventually pass together, then the third flies up at high power after that. The last ball at high power still launches the right way as well though.

I point this one out because I have had airballs go to shooter lane in multiball, and had the game with multiple shooter lane balls, you know ... pinball. lol

I'm very happy with how it works and looks. Just a proto though really of course. I should be removing it and finishing properly, but it gets played too much! Lol

#10482 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

When I had ramp issues I bit the bullet and just done one TNA style, it works great.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
One of the things that really gave me the s#its, and why I did this, was the ball exit from the backboard after completing left ramp. Too often the ball comes out airborne with pace and kept bouncing off the end of wireform and would go up back around the right orbit and dribble out through the spinner. This changed the launch wire "adjustment" too sometimes, requiring a re-tweak again. It was in need of a solution from my perspective, the stainless ramp seemed like the go so I did it.
Works properly across a range of coil power settings, but stock value works 100% as well. Also clears 3 balls from the shooter lane without any going the wrong direction. It ramps up til 2 eventually pass together, then the third flies up at high power after that. The last ball at high power still launches the right way as well though.
I point this one out because I have had airballs go to shooter lane in multiball, and had the game with multiple shooter lane balls, you know ... pinball. lol
I'm very happy with how it works and looks. Just a proto though really of course. I should be removing it and finishing properly, but it gets played too much! Lol

Wow that's a nice and clean way to do it !

#10483 3 years ago

I think I want to grab the new purple wireform to stick in my upcoming Standard edition! (Since it appears the other option is just black)

#10484 3 years ago

I've battled with my shooter wireform and power settings since day 1 - that was June.

#10485 3 years ago

Hey Guys,
Just a clarification... This ramp that was posted today is a mod for people that want it, and is not at all necessary for the game to function properly. These are not made by Spooky Pinball and will not be put into the games. This is no different than a ramp cover or quiet fan mod.
--Scott

#10486 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is definitely an interesting mod. Does it bounce around a bunch before getting to the flipper????
--Scott

#10487 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

All I've ever had to do is adjust the coil strength +1 notch because I had the incline pretty aggressive when I first got it. But the action was never inconsistent, and I've since changed the pitch to about 6.7-6.8 and still, never an issue.

Now, OTOH, if we consider my ability and skills... yep, issue. You could say that I got 99 problems but that wireform ain't one.

#10488 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

All I've ever had to do is adjust the coil strength +1 notch because I had the incline pretty aggressive when I first got it. But the action was never inconsistent, and I've since changed the pitch to about 6.7-6.8 and still, never an issue.
Now, OTOH, if we consider my ability and skills... yep, issue. You could say that I got 99 problems but that wireform ain't one.

Exactly. This is not an issue for most.
--Scott

#10489 3 years ago

That is definitely an interesting mod. Does it bounce around a bunch before getting to the flipper????
--Scott

The deflector strategically sends the ball into the void below the backloop exit, so that it hits below the post. It rattles in the orbit lane there then settles and runs down the guide smoothly to the flipper. The ball only really comes to strike the deflector and playfield post when there is excess launch power applied, deadening it's energy. Most launches just drop from the ramp to the playfield in a gentle fasion.

It actually worked better than I had hoped. Shooter power not finickey anymore, and launches very consistent even with varying power. I'm pretty happy with it. Needs to be finished by putting incorporated fixing at the top in the original woodrail hole. I added a bit, retrofitted for prototyping. I'll probably start again for my final.

A requirement for me was fully reversible with no new holes as well, I managed that.

In general the OG ramp was launching okay (most times). The problem I had that I was really trying to solve was the balls coming from the left ramp return and bouncing off the prongy wires and going back up the right orbit or switchback. It was annoying the upper flipper shot setup being ruined too often. It also ended up "unadjusting" my ramp prongs, which then would lead to needing to adjust the ramp again sometimes as well.

Nobody else have any problems with the ball exit velocity from the backboard, and getting alot of air?... deflections back up the orbit and wrong way to the spinner? . With my mod this is not happening anymore.

Game has a PF protector too, it played even faster once that was fitted. Could be one aspect making some bits of my game have higher velocities, and that bad ball behaviour after it is sometimes airborne from the backboard. It was because of the ramp though (bouncing back off of its end), and doesn't happen anymore. Never had stuff like balls flying out of ramps like others have, though.

Game is Awesome!!

#10490 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I think I want to grab the new purple wireform to stick in my upcoming Standard edition! (Since it appears the other option is just black)

Black looks good, blends in with the black vinyl wrapped wood rails on the game. I put black on my game even though I have the purple armor.

#10491 3 years ago

My son succeeded in smashing his prior high score of 138m. I think it's safe to say the pin is dialed in now!

20210203_212622 (resized).jpg20210203_212622 (resized).jpg
#10492 3 years ago

Morty-est Morty, Indeed!

#10493 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My son succeeded in smashing his prior high score of 138m. I think it's safe to say the pin is dialed in now!
[quoted image]

What pitch is yours set at?

I saw 6.9 key posted, but that seemed like a meme response, so I’m at 6.5 currently.

#10494 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

What pitch is yours set at?
I saw 6.9 key posted, but that seemed like a meme response, so I’m at 6.5 currently.

We're at 6.8.

#10495 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

[quoted image]

That is simply Incredible. Wish my son played more but even if he did our combined score time 5 would not be as good as your son. Wow.

#10496 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That is simply Incredible. Wish my son played more but even if he did our combined score time 5 would not be as good as your son. Wow.

Thanks. I honestly don't know how he does it, he doesn't even live here - he comes over for dinner once or twice a week and plays for an hour or so. All I know is all my pins have high scores that I can't come close to breaking LOL!

#10497 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

[quoted image]

I got all excited for finally filling the card and hitting 49 mil today. Than I come here and see this.

#10498 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Does this look correct?
[quoted image]

No.. are you sure you cannot slide glass up farte

Quoted from arzoo:

[quoted image]

I think If I took the glass off and just pushed the ball around the playfield by hand I couldn't score 328M.

That's amazing

Do you have the Tibetan breeze mod ? How is flipper fade ?

#10499 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

No.. are you sure you cannot slide glass up farte

I think If I took the glass off and just pushed the ball around the playfield by hand I couldn't score 328M.
That's amazing
Do you have the Tibetan breeze mod ? How is flipper fade ?

LOL!

Yes the Tibetan fans on the flippers are one of the key reasons the pin is playing so well. I would say the following five tweaks were the most effective for us;

1) Adjusting the rails on the garage, inner orbit, and feed to the upper flipper. This was mostly trial and error and I'm guessing it's unique to each pin.
2) Setting the flipper angle; lowering the bottom flippers to align with the marker holes was critical. Also setting the upper flipper so the ball transitions smoothly from the rail to the flipper.
3) Modifying the flipper bushings so the flippers are closer to the pf.
4) Tibetan Breeze fans on the lower flipper coils.
5) Fixing the metal ramp protectors so they lay flat against the plastic ramp wall. This reduced the spring/ricochet effect causing the ball to reject when the shot was not clean (mostly on the left ramp).

The pin was perfectly playable from day one, but these changes definitely help get our scores up!

#10500 3 years ago

Does anyone make mirror blades for this game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/210?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.