(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 405.
#10301 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

How much was your shipping cost ? Just curious as I should receive my bill soon, in canada also. Thanks

$450 USD plus border fee's and Canadian taxes.

#10302 3 years ago

#481 invoice paid. All options butter cab. Should be out on the route soon in or near Roanoke, VA somewhere.

#10303 3 years ago
Quoted from NoRefunds:

#481 invoice paid. All options butter cab. Should be out on the route soon in or near Roanoke, VA somewhere.

Butter Cab on route!! Very ballsy. Should draw some attention

#10304 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm having difficulty installing mine, how did you line up the hole to drill so it's in the right spot?

I didn't even drill mine in. They fit so snuggly in the slot I figured I'd leave them unscrewed.

If they ever fall out ill screw them in, but I dont see them going anywhere

#10305 3 years ago

Looks like my bro in law will be picking up #493 on Monday. WOO!

#10306 3 years ago

Invoiced today for #544 and paying in full with a projected build and ship in February.

Everything but butter and coin box.

#10307 3 years ago

#473 is being delivered on Friday

#10308 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

This was my first NIB, but a part of the reason why I got into pinball was to learn to fix and troubleshoot something new. I also enjoy building racing drones and modding game consoles

What is a good off-the-shelf, bang-for-the-buck racing drone?

#10309 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They refer to them as RTF (ready to fly) or BNF (bind and fly)

My first drone was an Eachine RTF and I hated it, ended up building a few of my own. This was 4 years ago though, I'm assuming they have improved considerably.

I'm sure you would enjoy one from EMAX or Eachine, but I'm more knowledgeable with parts and components.

Id start with a Whoop (fits in your hand)

My latest build is a 5 inch using an APEX frame with KISS components, it flies perfectly, but now it just sits on my shelf and I play pinball instead.

#10310 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The DJI Mavic Pro nothing else. Love ours, simple to fly, folds up in seconds, Crazy range. Best I have ever used and the camera is amazing.

111222 (resized).jpg111222 (resized).jpg12121 (resized).jpg12121 (resized).jpg
#10311 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The DJI Mavic Pro nothing else. Love ours, simple to fly, folds up in seconds, Crazy range. Best I have ever used and the camera is amazing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I second this for a regular drone, but he was asking for a racing drone. I have the Mavic Mini which is awesome for the lower price point. Not sure anything in the Mavic line qualifies as a racing drone though. Awesome for photography, filming, and fun though!

#10312 3 years ago

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLk14H2WT4pUm2UBA

Made a back box flasher mod today.

I enjoy it.

Excuse the spinner, waiting on a replacement part.

#10313 3 years ago

Oooooeeeee this game is kicking my ass. Great fun when things start flowing, but it's brutal for a beginner like me.

Has anyone tried enabling the scoop eject ball save? It doesn't seem to work, or at least not all the time. I'm running on the latest build.

Also, since I'm already posting, did Spooky confirm they were going to send out new bushings by request? Or should I take the plunge and sand mine?

In reply to the previous post about random extra balls being plunged, I noticed that during a few games tonight, not sure what caused it either.

#10314 3 years ago
Quoted from hustle:

Oooooeeeee this game is kicking my ass. Great fun when things start flowing, but it's brutal for a beginner like me.
Has anyone tried enabling the scoop eject ball save? It doesn't seem to work, or at least not all the time. I'm running on the latest build.
Also, since I'm already posting, did Spooky confirm they were going to send out new bushings by request? Or should I take the plunge and sand mine?
In reply to the previous post about random extra balls being plunged, I noticed that during a few games tonight, not sure what caused it either.

Sand em. Might be awhile before we get them

#10315 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I second this for a regular drone, but he was asking for a racing drone. I have the Mavic Mini which is awesome for the lower price point. Not sure anything in the Mavic line qualifies as a racing drone though. Awesome for photography, filming, and fun though!

Mavik is not a racing drone. top speed is like 30-40 and you can't fly them in acro mode meaning you can't pitch or roll past a certain degree on the mavik.

Hook your transmitter up to a simulator and spend at least 30 hours on it and then give the real thing a try, its a rush for sure
Maviks good for filming, but it gets boring. They handle like crap compared to a custom racing. Mine can hit 120mph with a 6s 1100mah lipo

#10316 3 years ago

Take this drone talk to the drone owners club

#10317 3 years ago

Listening to Slam Tlit today, Ron was talking about R&M being a clunkfest. I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered so personal experience is limited, but from the gameplay I've seen streamed, it doesn't seem clunky. The Garage shot and left orbit don't look butter smooth, but the rest look good.

#10318 3 years ago
Quoted from hustle:

My scoop eject ball save works fine...I'm also running the latest. Spooky said they would send out new bushings upon request.

On 12/16, I sent "[email protected]" an email entitled "Add me to the list to get new flipper bushings...#175"" with my address.

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Listening to Slam Tlit today, Ron was talking about R&M being a clunkfest. I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered so personal experience is limited, but from the gameplay I've seen streamed, it doesn't seem clunky. The Garage shot and left orbit don't look butter smooth, but the rest look good.

Not clunky...just brutal. For some players, it might just be too brutal and I can see those players dismissing it as a clunk fest (especially if they are playing a game that hasn't been dialed in).

#10319 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My scoop eject ball save works fine...I'm also running the latest. Spooky said they would send out new bushings upon request.
On 12/16, I sent "[email protected]" an email entitled "Add me to the list to get new flipper bushings...#175"" with my address.

If anyone can confirm they are seeing the new bushings installed on any recent builds they receive, that would be fantastic!

Or if Spooky can let us know when the switch over occurs in production to help everyone understand when the new bushings by request will be available?

Thank you!

#10320 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

If anyone can confirm they are seeing the new bushings installed on any recent builds they receive, that would be fantastic!
Or if Spooky can let us know when the switch over occurs in production to help everyone understand when the new bushings by request will be available?
Thank you!

Send them and email or pick up the phone and give them a ring.

#10321 3 years ago

Regarding the "clunky" comment. I think a bunch of people define this word differently and that is ok. Rick and Morty was physically designed to be a pretty tough layout. This game does not have any wide shots like a direct up the middle bank of targets, or super wide ramps. Instead, it has more smaller sized shots. By designing it this way, the game will force you to make your shots count. If you miss a shot, it will hit a post and now you are no longer in control.

My playing tips for Rick and Morty are to make sure to trap up when possible, take a breath, and then make your shots. If you panic flip, this game will eat you alive. Obviously, you cannot trap up every time, but you will get better and better as you play more and you eventually and naturally trap up less.

I just cannot bring myself to design an easy game. I personally get sick of easy shooting games very quickly and I feel a bunch of other people do as well. Part of the "one more time" factor is a game that can hand your ass to you if you deserve it.

I can honestly say I am very proud of how this game turned out. <3

--Scott

#10322 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

You should be! This is my first Spooky/Danesi game and I just love the vibe, flow and difficulty. Amazing use of the upper flipper. My son will be visiting me next week...can't wait to play it with him and get his perspective on the game. With COVID, it's said that I'm the only one that has played it.

#10323 3 years ago

I love my R&M and yeah it is tough. The feeling you get though to hit that garage shot, or to hit any one of the 3 shots from doing a quick trap/stop on the upper flipper, is awesome. It does sound a bit "clunky" hearing the mechs underneath, but I like all the things it does and that's even before the theme integration. Full disclosure I did remove the screw to the garage rail and moved it a bit, but that is the only adjustment I had to make. I did replace the flippers and post rubbers though.

#10324 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I love my R&M and yeah it is tough. The feeling you get though to hit that garage shot, or to hit any one of the 3 shots from doing a quick trap/stop on the upper flipper, is awesome. It does sound a bit "clunky" hearing the mechs underneath, but I like all the things it does and that's even before the theme integration. Full disclosure I did remove the screw to the garage rail and moved it a bit, but that is the only adjustment I had to make. I did replace the flippers and post rubbers though.

Thank you guys for the kind words!

Yeah, the extra screws on the metal rails for the garage shot and the inner loop were totally a mistake on my part in the design. My engineering brain wanted to make those as sturdy as possible, but by doing so, it causes the ball to bounce off of them instead of them guiding the shots nice and smoothly through. The Spooky team is aware of this and they have changed to omit these extra screws and make the game play much better out of the box.

I am constantly learning all the crazy engineering challenges that happen in pinball machines that they just don't teach you in school.

--Scott

#10325 3 years ago

Thank you guys for the kind words!
Yeah, the extra screws on the metal rails for the garage shot and the inner loop were totally a mistake on my part in the design. My engineering brain wanted to make those as sturdy as possible, but by doing so, it causes the ball to bounce off of them instead of them guiding the shots nice and smoothly through. The Spooky team is aware of this and they have changed to omit these extra screws and make the game play much better out of the box.
I am constantly learning all the crazy engineering challenges that happen in pinball machines that they just don't teach you in school.
--Scott

Scott, this game is another homerun! I followed some of the steps outlined in this thread to dial in some of the shots, and it really shoots nicely. I was afraid that the layout might not live up to the (dream) theme for me, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Not that I didn't have faith, I love TNA which resides right next to R&M, it is just a huge theme to live up to. I think you nailed it. Integration is amazing. Layout is unique but very shootable and fun. And the game rides a fine line of being brutal and playable, kinda like TNA. Sometimes you can really get ahold of a game, and sometimes it just beats you up. Either way you're coming back for more!

One question. Is there any plans on updating the Morty Adventure when you reach the 10th stamp? I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but it would be awesome if it was a choice of a 'Morty' adventure rather than normal game modes. Sort of like an 'end of the line' choice on MET. Just a thought. I'm sure you get this stuff all of the time. Sorry to add another one.

#10326 3 years ago

Not sure I'd call R&M a "clunkfest" but when a shot cleanly enters an intended pathway and then deflects between the two sides and rolls back out, I can see how some players would be annoyed with that type of rejection. This happens on the left orbit and garage shots due to the geometry; relatively wide entrance followed immediately by a very tight turn. It just depends on the angle and position the ball enters these two pathways, it either makes the curve or it rejects. Sure, there are tweaks to improve how well these shots flow, but none (imo) will prevent all the rejects, you just need to learn how to make those shots, basically play better. That's what I love about R&M, it forces you to play better or it kicks your ass!

#10327 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Take this drone talk to the drone owners club

I was waiting for this comment

#10328 3 years ago
Quoted from hustle:

I've actually been meaning to bring this up in this thread.

I tried to enable the scoop eject ball save, and it does not work on my pin either. Anyone else have this issue?

#10329 3 years ago

Just an FYI everyone: If you want to see a video of an R&M playing really nice and a guy having a great game on it to the tune of a 143 million score, you should check out the video at the link below of Gary from Wild Dog Arcade on Twitch playing their R&M a few days ago. In my opinion, the R&M in the video doesn't look "clunky" at all, and the game play on it looks like an adrenaline filled helluva good time.

The video is 25 minutes long: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/879336437

#10330 3 years ago

I never had issues with the scoop SDTM ejects so I didn't activate the ball save. I did on the car loop though and it has really helped my enjoyment. Scores aren't much higher but I do love hitting that loop and not losing the ball every time. It was always backhanding right flipper to right entry and left exit would go SDTM every time at 100MPH. I was going to do some adjusting to it per posts in this thread but just decided 1.5 ball saver is just fine. I'll turn on the scoop tonight and see if that works on there.

#10331 3 years ago

#458 should be getting to the Loading Dock, soon.

I think building it entirely out of Butter has slowed them down a bit...

#10332 3 years ago

Regarding the "clunky" comment. I think a bunch of people define this word differently and that is ok. Rick and Morty was physically designed to be a pretty tough layout. This game does not have any wide shots like a direct up the middle bank of targets, or super wide ramps. Instead, it has more smaller sized shots. By designing it this way, the game will force you to make your shots count. If you miss a shot, it will hit a post and now you are no longer in control.
My playing tips for Rick and Morty are to make sure to trap up when possible, take a breath, and then make your shots. If you panic flip, this game will eat you alive. Obviously, you cannot trap up every time, but you will get better and better as you play more and you eventually and naturally trap up less.
I just cannot bring myself to design an easy game. I personally get sick of easy shooting games very quickly and I feel a bunch of other people do as well. Part of the "one more time" factor is a game that can hand your ass to you if you deserve it.
--Scott

You nailed it, Scott!
Love your game sooo much.

#10333 3 years ago

Actually when you hit the garage shot from the upper flipper just right, it is *extremely* smooth and satisfying! Especially if you can do it right after hitting the inner orbit shot with the same upper flipper. Light the garage with the inner loop shot first, then BAM another shot straight to the garage to start a new dimension.

It's got to be one of the most satisfying two shot combos ever.

Damn, I love this pin.

#10334 3 years ago

Agree, orbit to garage has to be one of if not the best feeling combo in pinball

#10335 3 years ago

Arg... still trying to narrow down my right flipper fuse blowing problem. I’ve ran the coil test a couple dozen times and nothing blew. 12 games in, flippers on the right dead again. I made sure no switches were touching anything, even putting a small strip of electrical tape on the back of some. Waiting on a reply from spooky support with any ideas, but.....

1. Do you guys know what else is on the fuse the right flipper is? (I know the shooter is). I’d like to narrow it down just to things that fuse powers, and more importantly, not miss anything.

2. Any other ideas what it might be? I’m sure I checked nothing was touching, even when switches or coils were active. I am sure it’s something simple.

Thanks!!!!

#10336 3 years ago

--Scott

Feel very chuffed you’ve replied to my post and clarified what I thought to be true I can’t wait to get my R&M... damn delays!!

Scott, if you’re at Spooky, I’d love your signature on the backglass. Mines being built now #494

#10337 3 years ago

Is this the right place for new game issues?

RHS ship orbit opto seems to trigger LHS opto. LHS opto triggers LHS. (verified with switch test)

Also when game starts RHS ship orbit drop target attempts to trigger 3 times then gives up.

RHS does eventually come up during game play for lock hold but only after being triggered by LHS fondle.

So not sure it's a physical issue of stuck drop.

0128211754 (resized).jpg0128211754 (resized).jpg
#10338 3 years ago
Quoted from SPAMP:

Is this the right place for new game issues?
RHS ship orbit opto seems to trigger LHS opto. LHS opto triggers LHS. (verified with switch test)
Also when game starts RHS ship orbit drop target attempts to trigger 3 times then gives up.
RHS does eventually come up during game play for lock hold but only after being triggered by LHS fondle.
So not sure it's a physical issue of stuck drop.
[quoted image]

Some people report that the wires are plugged in wrong.

#10339 3 years ago

#543 final invoice paid for. In addition to the options list, I asked if I could add 2 sets of all the decals to have as a backup, as I anticipate keeping this pin for a long time. They had no problem accommodating this request and it only cost $25.

#10340 3 years ago

What a great game!
Game 1 score... 3mil.
Game 2 score... 4 mil.
Game 3 score... 60 mil.

I may have skipped exercise due to a good game and running out of time but who needs health when you have pinball!

20210129_064832 (resized).jpg20210129_064832 (resized).jpg
#10341 3 years ago

Today is the day

Screenshot_20210129-075218_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210129-075218_Chrome.jpg
#10342 3 years ago

I voted for R&M in every category. Was hoping it took home some awards.

#10343 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I voted my honest opinion in every category. R&M was top of the list in almost every one.

#10344 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Won best sound and callouts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2538&v=AdHxNaESHq8&feature=youtu.be

#10345 3 years ago

Mailing out the initial ship mounts has been slow (Chicago distribution has been hit or miss lately). One person got theirs installed, no issues with installation or ship movement so I'm going to be pulling the trigger soon on more. Those that want to see what it looks like installed:
metal_ship_mount (resized).jpgmetal_ship_mount (resized).jpg

The left half is already covered with the 3d printed cone. The only art the metal mount is blocking are 2 tiny screws, a nut, and a crushed can
clear_mount (resized).pngclear_mount (resized).png

#10346 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Mailing out the initial ship mounts has been slow (Chicago distribution has been hit or miss lately). One person got theirs installed, no issues with installation or ship movement so I'm going to be pulling the trigger soon on more. Those that want to see what it looks like installed:
[quoted image]
The left half is already covered with the 3d printed cone. The only art the metal mount is blocking are 2 tiny screws, a nut, and a crushed can
[quoted image]

I think it looks pretty good. Somebody could probably make a sticker for the top of the mount to help it blend in

#10347 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I think it looks pretty good. Somebody could probably make a sticker for the top of the mount to help it blend in

My thoughts exactly. Someone could probably take the exact same art it covers and make a fitted sticker. Cosmetic problem solved, and potential breakage problem solved. That would be a win win.

#10348 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Agree, orbit to garage has to be one of if not the best feeling combo in pinball

I'd have to disagree. My vote would go to the left ramp, to orbit, to garage

#10349 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'd have to disagree. My vote would go to the left ramp, to orbit, to garage

Yes of corse,the best got better!

#10350 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes of corse,the best got better!

There is a way that gets even better, tell me how you feels when that upper orbit is repeated Multiple times after the left hamp ... then finishing into the garage!

Yep, got better can get even better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/207?hl=mariobeans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.