(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 404.
#10201 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So this is in regards to the my own post above...
I went ahead and changed out the pop bumper skirt and pop bumper housing to the blue ones available from PBL. Reached out to Scott to get the exact part numbers (thanks Scott!
It took me about an hour. And I took my time with it.
Looks really nice (I think) and I threw in some blue flipper rubbers to compliment the blue pop bumper parts too.
Here’s the pics of my machine now and I’m adding the part numbers from PBL if anyone is interested to do the same.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I may need to try that. I went with that blue for flipper rubbers and purple for the other rubbers and like the look.

#10202 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks great, the light blue Titan Flippers match the playfield blues perfectly. Not sure how it works with the blue housing but will report back.

Thanks.

Did you get the skirt and the base? And what colors?

#10203 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Looks great! I may need to try that. I went with that blue for flipper rubbers and purple for the other rubbers and like the look.

For anyone thinking about doing this, just an FYI, after removing the pop bumper cap you will need to remove the white pop bumper body along with the RGB LED and pull through all four of the wires for the RGB LED.

***The wires will need to be removed from the harness so you can pull them through and out if the existing skirt and base. Then you can route them through the new colored pop skirt and base.

Besides that the pop bumper solenoid, leaf switch, metal ring and rod also needs to be removed/separated from the pop bumper base. ***I also removed the left metal playfield support bar before starting all of that just to get it out of the way.

C9F0A949-6F97-4FE6-8604-AB09433A1298 (resized).jpegC9F0A949-6F97-4FE6-8604-AB09433A1298 (resized).jpeg
#10204 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd make a cliffy if I had my game to take measurements. I assume Scott could make some up since he has the CAD data.
I had some ship mounts fabbed in fatigue resistant 301 stainless. Posted it as a reply to a R&M facebook group because I didn't want to advertise (and I would think Spooky would want to do the same if they are having to keep replacing them).
[quoted image]

i also want to be added to this list. please and thank you

#10205 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

i also want to be added to this list. please and thank you

If anyone has posted here or PM'd me, I haven't replied but I have added you to the orginal post.

Good news, I've found a source to lower the price back down to $15 (plus shipping). Not looking to profit off Scott's hard work, just wanted to offer an alternate solution to what seems like a lurking problem. I may want to wait a week or two for the first dozen buyers to install it and make sure there's no issues before I pull the trigger on a large order from a brand new vendor.

#10206 3 years ago

Thanks.
Did you get the skirt and the base? And what colors?

I bought all colors for the skirt, but no base. I figured I could use the one supplied, no?

#10207 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I bought all colors for the skirt, but no base. I figured I could use the one supplied, no?

Yep but it’s black.

#10208 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Are you directly with spooky or a distributor ? #501 here and haven't received a message. Non butter cab by the way
Thanks !

Ordered from a distributor.

#10209 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL, maybe someone should get this to Cliffy??

I think Kerry would make up a few at Mantis.

It would be awesome if one got sent to him to copy.

#10210 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think Kerry would make up a few at Mantis.
It would be awesome if one got sent to him to copy.

Cliff said he would want to defer to Kerry.

#10211 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Cliff said he would want to defer to Kerry.

So, can a sample be sent to him?

#10212 3 years ago

You asking me? Sounds like only one "sample" exists. Someone probably should contact Kerry, I don't know him.

#10213 3 years ago

It was only a matter of time before this bare board got in the way of gravity or stupidity.

Gonna mess with the text a bit more and I have a translucent filament to use next time. Anyone else want to keep the sparky bits covered?

0122210001 (resized).jpg0122210001 (resized).jpg
#10214 3 years ago

It was only a matter of time before this bare board got in the way of gravity or stupidity.
Gonna mess with the text a bit more and I have a translucent filament to use next time. Anyone else want to keep the sparky bits covered?
[quoted image]

That would look WAY better with a colored piece of PETG and a 3D printed frame only.

#10215 3 years ago

I'm happy to send dimensions/details if it helps, or create a drawing.

Can someone PM contact details?

**I think I've got it, I'll send off an email...

#10216 3 years ago

Pinsiders:

This is a club thread. This is not a thread to further any crusade. Club threads are happy upbeat places. In the case of this particular club thread, it is a great place to interact with the manufacturer, the game designer, and the game coder...all of whom are here voluntarily.

If you want to complain about something over and over relating to R&M go to the hype thread and do it there. It has over 10,000 posts. I’m going to eject anyone else who wants to turn this club thread into their personal outhouse. There will be no more warnings and no chances.

If you see someone trolling this thread or using the thread as their personal outhouse, do an abuse report or just send me a PM. Thanks.

#10217 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I have an odd issue with fuses blowing randomly after about 60 games. What usually happens is the right flippers become unresponsive. I usually check all the fuses just in case, but that one is always blown and the other fuse that is on the right side usually has a bubble on the strand. I've lifted the playfield a bunch of times and checked and rechecked nothing is touching anything else when any flippers are fired or buttons pushed. Any ideas? Spooky support suggested i check to make sure the flipper button switch wasn't touching the ball launch coil, but everything looks good. It's just odd it happens so many games in between. I would think if there was an issue, I would see it every couple of games the minimum. My flipper power settings are only 2 above the default.
Thanks all!

Hmm, maybe thats why they went with a plastic leaf. I swapped mine out with a metal one and it does come close to the plunger coil. No issues though

#10218 3 years ago

Yep but it’s black.

Ah, I didn't realize, it looks like there are just two colors... Black and Blue. Could you please take a closeup of the blues, I'm trying to see if they are similar or different, and if it's worth me placing a separate order (and paying more, separate shipping fees). My inclination would be to go with the black anyway for contrast, but would be curious to see.

#10219 3 years ago

Waiting for my 596!!! Guess...5 weeks, maybe?

#10220 3 years ago

Has anybody tryed to used a sub under the game Polk 10 and disconnect the woofer in cab that is causing all the vibration?

#10221 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anybody tryed to used a sub under the game Polk 10 and disconnect the woofer in cab that is causing all the vibration?

Yes, some folks have done this. delt31 IIRC. I prefer this solution (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/159#post-5975793), since the cabinet woofer works great.

#10222 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You could do that but it’s really not necessary. The subwoofer on Rick and Morty is a really good sounding sub A lot of deep rich bass coming from it.

Get some anti-rattle tape and wrap it around both sides of the glass (left and right) make sure you overlap on the top and the bottom a couple inches so that when you slide the glass and it doesn’t just come off. I also put some anti-rattle tape on the inside of my panel fir the LCD.

I used the antirattle tape from Amazon that Northerndude suggested a few pages back.

Sounds really good now I can blast the volume and get no rattle.

#10223 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Ah, I didn't realize, it looks like there are just two colors... Black and Blue. Could you please take a closeup of the blues, I'm trying to see if they are similar or different, and if it's worth me placing a separate order (and paying more, separate shipping fees). My inclination would be to go with the black anyway for contrast, but would be curious to see.

I’m at work right now so I can’t take more pics but here’s one zoomed in and the pic from PBL. It looks purple on PBL’s picture but it is actually blue... ish.

246C9B3A-2277-4F9A-963E-740225178F13 (resized).png246C9B3A-2277-4F9A-963E-740225178F13 (resized).pngF4C56307-AA40-4D06-B6B8-88F370A2FED1 (resized).pngF4C56307-AA40-4D06-B6B8-88F370A2FED1 (resized).png
#10224 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I don't have my game yet for reference. What board is under there and where is that located? Trying to assess the need. I know you said you were going to tweak the design, but as is, it is very hard to read with minimal contrast.

#10225 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I don't have my game yet for reference. What board is under there and where is that located? Trying to assess the need. I know you said you were going to tweak the design, but as is, it is very hard to read with minimal contrast.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread

#10226 3 years ago

I'd be into one of these. If you forget to take the balls out when you put the playfield up, guess where the balls end up? Right on top of that board. Not speaking from experience or anything.

#10227 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would look WAY better with a colored piece of PETG and a 3D printed frame only.

Good call. We were considering either backing it with a translucent plastic but could also have the top cut of it.

#10228 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

So ... I am about 570. My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly. He has played it and I have not - but will do so Thursday. He is a much better player than I am. He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.
While I will make my decision after playing it on Thursday I am interested in the opinions of this austere group on his perspective? Thanks!

So. I've not been very active on Pinside for a while and, given the responses I received I now remember why!

In any case, for those that showed a maturity level above HS and provided meaningful feedback, I did play about 10 games on R&M yesterday and this describes by reaction:

- The overall look of the machine has been well documented so not much to say - It looks great.

- The playfield - I can see my son's perspective as the playfield is not extremely creative. For someone at his level of play I can see it might get boring.

- The gameplay - Again, I am a very average player and this game kicked my ass. 10 games did not amount to an awful lot of time

- Theme integration - possibly the best theme integration of any game I've ever played. This, I believe, is the not so hidden value of this game.

Outcome - I like it. I think it is a novel and interesting compliment to our collection (TZ, MET, JP2, LORT, WOZ, Shadow, STTNG, MM). My son has pointed to people we know and Pinside data showing how many people who have had it in their collection and have moved it on. Right now I'd say I am still leaning in.

To the 70% who will knee jerk offer berating responses, have at it if it makes you feel "Mo betta"

#10229 3 years ago

BTW - it would be great if someone who has been through it could put together a consolidated list of the recommended adjustments to dial in this game. Perhaps that has been done????

#10230 3 years ago

#435 just arrived and got set up to play!

My upper flipper alignment is not perpendicularly align with the plastic on its right. Is this normal?

Also, on all three flippers, I having extremely bad flipper drop when slightly tapped by the ball. Most notably firing out of the scoop and instantly killing the right flipper upon impact (even though the button is pressed in still)

I saw some mention of a bushing adjustment that could possibly fix this. Wasn’t sure if there were any other solutions, but if someone can direct me to key # posts that would help this, that would be great!

Thank you!

0D52EE5B-0416-4100-AF0B-6F955B26A592 (resized).jpeg0D52EE5B-0416-4100-AF0B-6F955B26A592 (resized).jpeg63BF07EF-11B8-4D11-B3CB-C7A6D13A8DFD (resized).jpeg63BF07EF-11B8-4D11-B3CB-C7A6D13A8DFD (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10231 3 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

#435 just arrived and got set up to play!
My upper flipper alignment is not perpendicularly align with the plastic on its right. Is this normal?
Also, on all three flippers, I having extremely bad flipper drop when slightly tapped by the ball. Most notably firing out of the scoop and instantly killing the right flipper upon impact (even though the button is pressed in still)
I saw some mention of a bushing adjustment that could possibly fix this. Wasn’t sure if there were any other solutions, but if someone can direct me to key # posts that would help this, that would be great!
Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's a semi-instructional video we made that talks about the process. Basically just remove the bushings, shave them down and reinstall.

#10232 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

BTW - it would be great if someone who has been through it could put together a consolidated list of the recommended adjustments to dial in this game. Perhaps that has been done????

Use the key posts, that will help

Btw, his pin never gets boring

#10233 3 years ago

Hoping it’s ok that I post this here... (if not, kindly delete)
I’m quite certain this game is overhyped and will quickly drop in value.
For that reason, please sell me your prebooked spot for an LE.
: )

I’ve created a Wanted ad in the market section as well.
If anyone’s having second thoughts, please reach out.
Thanks and happy flipping.

#10234 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Just go to the topic index and click on "Keypost summary" to sort by keypost name (it's alphabetical by keypost after you do this), then scroll down until you get to "TECH" and that should have all the tech tip posts grouped together for you.

#10235 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just go to the topic index and click on "Keypost summary" to sort by keypost name (it's alphabetical by keypost after you do this), then scroll down until you get to "TECH" and that should have all the tech tip posts grouped together for you.

We should key post this, I was having a pain in the ass time sorting through them

#10236 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

We should key post this, I was having a pain in the ass time sorting through them

It's a new development. Robin added the keypost sorting to the pins on TV/Movies thread, which made this possible, so I went and added "TECH" to the keyposts here that related to fixes/adjustments so they can be grouped with one click for easy reference. It's a kludge band-aid way to handle sorting of keyposts which become a mess of tech, news, and general information the longer a thread gets. But it works to cut through the clutter and get to the tech. Hopefully it's adopted in other owner threads.

One refinement I'd like that I'll ask Robin about is to use upvotes as a secondary sort so it puts the most upvoted posts first in the keypost sort, meaning you'll see the most liked tech posts first in the sorted listing.

#10237 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

My son has pointed to people we know and Pinside data showing how many people who have had it in their collection and have moved it on.

The pinside data will be grossly overinflated due to all those that are flipping their pre-order spots or flipping the machine in general, having never even played it.

#10238 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make that a Keypost!

But in all seriousness, that's a great feature I'd no idea existed, and I'd been wondering how I'd finally weed back through the pile of keposts once I get my R&M. Just yesterday I was trying to find a particular one I recalled about the rattle tape (since I finally have a different project that could use some now) and was like "wait, that's not the one... is it? Was that even a keypost? Gadzeus this is a huge list now, what a first world morty problem... "

#10239 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Make that a Keypost!

I can't. People around here have complained when I keypost my own posts. I was asked not to do it, so I don't now.

Yes, it's dumb. Welcome to pinside.

#10240 3 years ago

Pickle Rick sighted in Palestine!
https://i.redd.it/dg7o8qb2dwc61.jpg

Another sighting in Berlin!
https://imgur.com/gallery/1AkYbcx

Thread is on reddit if you want more...

#10241 3 years ago

#508 and just received request for my Add On selections!!!

#10242 3 years ago

What has the Add On request to Delivery time been for most people?

#10243 3 years ago

Has Spooky said that they will announce when games start being manufactured with the revised flipper bushings?

#10244 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

What has the Add On request to Delivery time been for most people?

Around 4 weeks, I believe.

#10245 3 years ago

Around 4 weeks, I believe.

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen or heard any official word on this since they announced they were going to do it.

#10246 3 years ago

Butter cabinet placement plays a big part of the timeline.

#10247 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen or heard any official word on this since they announced they were going to do it.

He was asking about delivery on his machine from options list.

#10248 3 years ago

For those keeping track (I know I was!!), I just submitted my options list for #544 to Joe at PinballStar. Everything except the butter cab and the coin box. Butter would be nice, but with my setup, its wasted as you cannot see the sides of the cabs.

On a side note, I am Joe's very last BSE. So every PinballStar order after mine is a standard.

#10249 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

For those keeping track (I know I was!!), I just submitted my options list for #544 to Joe at PinballStar. Everything except the butter cab and the coin box. Butter would be nice, but with my setup, its wasted as you cannot see the sides of the cabs.
On a side note, I am Joe's very last BSE. So every PinballStar order after mine is a standard.

Got my email as well #530.. February/March build date (which is what I estimated from the beginning).

#10250 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks great, the light blue Titan Flippers match the playfield blues perfectly. Not sure how it works with the blue housing but will report back.

Also kinda goes with the colour scheme for Ricks hair!

Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm happy to send dimensions/details if it helps, or create a drawing.
Can someone PM contact details?
**I think I've got it, I'll send off an email...

email sent ... :3

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.