(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,972 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by wizard1974
  • Topic is favorited by 325 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C93DC0-F621-43CF-AFF6-B787925158AE (resized).jpeg
33F0A1A0-4EB8-46A3-A3B6-179FEE482D7F (resized).jpeg
E591E29F-D7F3-4FD6-BD5A-EFEA2EFFF577 (resized).jpeg
2461E9D8-EEB4-42BC-B8C7-653AEDA68BEA (resized).png
BF27D857-8A47-404A-962B-99177FC4FC72 (resized).jpeg
C3F7615D-2EDE-41AF-98AC-E9B101FAE5F8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0231 (resized).jpeg
A6460614-ECE7-430B-ADB7-271176E4A916 (resized).jpeg
F705BEEE-684C-4EA3-8A72-88B8E0B760B0 (resized).jpeg
8FE123B4-5C4B-40D5-BE79-52A91F783FBC (resized).jpeg
51C18A16-D581-4FC6-A4E2-A30C1792DABE (resized).jpeg
88F39836-6A92-4B72-A7C2-0C974BA3793E (resized).jpeg
AEA7950D-C38E-428F-B4F0-06B82C26876E (resized).jpeg
0E14E050-2B14-4341-A434-7769F4073DA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1117 (resized).JPG
IMG_1115 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

84 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 340.
#10051 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I did the bushing shave (heyo) and if you haven't I suggest you do before you keep playing. I have one done and the other undone and it's night and day. I was complaining how there was no way I could casually hit shots consistently in this game without trapping the ball. I'm no twitch streamer but I can do ok on a good day and it's easy to tell the difference. My wife also agreed. Flipper now sits nicely just above the playfield and the ball hits the center of the rubber. The flipper is no longer weak at the tip and doesn't get pushed down as much. There isn't as much play in the flipper when the ball strikes it.
I replaced the pawl with a single nut type without the hex cap screw, personal preference. I also stuck on some of those captive metal nut things to attach the apron to the hangers. I don't understand the screw and nut setup there, no way I'm undoing that more than once before I figure out a different solution. I think these were laying around from a set of car speakers, finally I kept something that was useful.
Oh yeah, put the trough and backboard lighting in. With RGBW strips it can be ridiculously bright if you want.
Here is my very unhelpful instructional video: [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the vid!

Can you expand on the lighting you added? It looks bright and fantastic. Is this a substitute for pinstadiums?

#10052 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thanks for the vid!
Can you expand on the lighting you added? It looks bright and fantastic. Is this a substitute for pinstadiums?

I'll be adding it to our site shortly, I'll add a link here when I do. Plug and play trough and backboard with wireless RGBW control. So RGB and white diodes double stacked in both places. Similar to this but RGBW now: https://pinballmods.co/jjp-trough-backboard-pinball-lighting-mod-kit?search=trough

*Edit - here it is: https://pinballmods.co/pinball-lighting/rick-morty-trough-backboard-lighting-upgrade

#10053 1 year ago

Has anyone checked TNA flipper bushings? Are they also too high? My game is in storage and I cant check.

#10054 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has anyone checked TNA flipper bushings? Are they also too high? My game is in storage and I cant check.

It would be interesting to know. Is this playfield thinner than all other Spooky games? Or wrong part specs? I can't recall if that was posted and well, search is whatever.

#10055 1 year ago

I did the bushing shave (heyo) and if you haven't I suggest you do before you keep playing. I have one done and the other undone and it's night and day. I was complaining how there was no way I could casually hit shots consistently in this game without trapping the ball. I'm no twitch streamer but I can do ok on a good day and it's easy to tell the difference. My wife also agreed. Flipper now sits nicely just above the playfield and the ball hits the center of the rubber. The flipper is no longer weak at the tip and doesn't get pushed down as much. There isn't as much play in the flipper when the ball strikes it. I'm thinking this is why Spooky was setting the flippers to that weird location from the factory and Scott said to use the dots. Don't know why there isn't consensus there but this seems plausible. I can hit the backhand shots on the flipper I changed even with it aligned at the dots (well, if a toothpick were in the hole kind of alignment) whereas I had to have the flippers canted upward like from the factory to hit those shots. Right flipper to right ramp, no problem.
I replaced the pawl with a single nut type without the hex cap screw, personal preference. I also stuck on some of those captive metal nut things to attach the apron to the hangers. I don't understand the screw and nut setup there, no way I'm undoing that more than once before I figure out a different solution. I think these were laying around from a set of car speakers, finally I kept something that was useful.
Oh yeah, put the trough and backboard lighting in. With RGBW strips it can be ridiculously bright if you want.
Here is my very unhelpful instructional video:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I get a lot of knock-down currently. I’m going to do this change this week - interested to see how it affects my flippers. Been a little frustrated with it lately.

#10056 1 year ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

So ... I am about 570. My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly. He has played it and I have not - but will do so Thursday. He is a much better player than I am. He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.
While I will make my decision after playing it on Thursday I am interested in the opinions of this austere group on his perspective? Thanks!

It’s a difficult game that is very rewarding when you are playing it well. Modes are great, dimensions/ collecting mega seeds is awesome, theme integration is fantastic. Not everyone is going to like it and your son is someone who didn’t. I like it a lot, but I do prefer tougher games with shorter ball times. Oh well, if everyone liked the same thing the world would be a pretty lame place.

#10057 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It’s a difficult game that is very rewarding when you are playing it well. Modes are great, dimensions/ collecting mega seeds is awesome, theme integration is fantastic. Not everyone is going to like it and your son is someone who didn’t. I like it a lot, but I do prefer tougher games with shorter ball times. Oh well, if everyone liked the same thing the world would be a pretty lame place.

Your collection is killer, man.

#10058 1 year ago

Does anyone happen to have a link to download an older version of a public release of the code?

#10059 1 year ago
Quoted from pmppk:

Does anyone happen to have a link to download an older version of a public release of the code?

I too am looking for a older code. We picked up a very early game and the new code is not loading. even with trying twice.
Tried all sort of different usb drives.

Game just says update required.

Magicchiz

#10060 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Your collection is killer, man.

Thank you! I try to have a variety of eras and manufacturers.

#10061 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I too am looking for a older code. We picked up a very early game and the new code is not loading. even with trying twice.
Magicchiz

20121205 was the prior code to current
https://www.dropbox.com/s/noop75zs90ud2tu/rm-gamecode-20121205.pkg?dl=0

#10062 1 year ago

When I click on your link it takes me to the 2021 01 05

magicchiz

#10063 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

When I click on your link it takes me to the 2021 01 05
magicchiz

You beat me, I deleted it. Not the right link.

#10064 1 year ago

You beat me, I deleted it. Not the right link.

Do you have a good link?

#10065 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Do you have a good link?

Only bad links here.

Nope, it's deleted from Dropbox so either it's renamed/unshared or no longer hosted. Maybe epthegeek will list an archive somewhere.

This was the link for 20201012, the last version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0z6fplig3odg2x/rm-gamecode-20201012.pkg?dl=0

#10066 1 year ago

I was over at the pub so I whipped out the verniers for a bit of a survey of TNA while I was there.

20210120_195746 (resized).jpg

20210120_195933 (resized).jpg

Then back at the workshop I took the same pics for RaM.

20210120_200945 (resized).jpg

20210120_201322 (resized).jpg

TNA playfield is about 1/16" thicker, but with less plies.

Both games are fitted with playfield protectors that are 0.70mm.

RaM flipper bushes have been trimmed by 1.5mm (about 1/16"). This made an extremely noticeable difference to how well the flippers worked.

Both games flip beautifully.

I identified (confirmed) a while ago that the left RaM flipper is not sitting quite square because the bat is not moulded exactly square to the shaft. It still works just fine though.

So, my bats are now 2.2mm or so closer to the play surface, than a box game with the original bushings that does not have a protector.

*BTW Anyone considering a "Playfield Protectors" protector, they don't fit without a whole bunch of trimming. I emailed them with basic details of the half dozen or more places where changes were obviously made (from early prototype I assume) and where fairly dramatic changes are needed. I offered to send detailed pics, but I have never heard back from them.

#10067 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I was over at the pub so I whipped out the verniers for a bit of a survey of TNA while I was there.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Then back at the workshop I took the same pics for RaM.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
TNA playfield is about 1/16" thicker, but with less plies.
Both games are fitted with playfield protectors that are 0.70mm.
RaM flipper bushes have been trimmed by 1.5mm (about 1/16"). This made an extremely noticeable difference to how well the flippers worked.
Both games flip beautifully.
I identified (confirmed) a while ago that the left RaM flipper is not sitting quite square because the bat is not moulded exactly square to the shaft. It still works just fine though.

Thanks for the data! That answers that.

#10068 1 year ago

I think I win the award for weirdest place to lose the ball! I lost a ball under the playfield during play. In a multiball I saw 2 balls collide, one go airborne, and fly down the left side between the apron and the side rail. I never would have found it if I wasn't watching closely.

#10069 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I think I win the award for weirdest place to lose the ball! I lost a ball under the playfield during play. In a multiball I saw 2 balls collide, one go airborne, and fly down the left side between the apron and the side rail. I never would have found it if I wasn't watching closely.

20210120_060948 (resized).jpg20210120_061044 (resized).jpg
#10070 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

You can also get a ... "field goal" (is it?) if you can get it in here!?

3499e94c8907172c84c74c0e7142d66bb258fd3a (resized).jpg

I was going to fix it, but it almost seemed like someone getting it... could be worth like some kind of award for the player at the venue!

#10071 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Jesus! Is this the fault of bad design or poor quality control?
I’m expecting my game in a few weeks and I’m not looking forward to tinkering for a full work week worth of hours

Building a pinball machine is complex (stating the obvious. Distinguishing between "bad" design, manufacturing, and QC is really only possible by people closely involved with the project. For me, two of the most impactful changes in gameplay were lowering the scoop and flippers (you don't have to make all the changes at once...my tweaks were made incrementally over 4-6 weeks).

The root cause of why the scoop and flippers all needed to be lowered was the R&M PF is considerably thinner than Bally/Williams PF's (e.g. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/184#post-6024109). Since Spooky reuses Bally/Williams parts designed to work with PF's that are at least 1/2", it's not surprising these key mechs needed to be lowered. From where I sit, it's impossible to know if the thinner PF on R&M was done consciously (design) or unconsciously (manufacturing). Either way, Spooky manufacturing needs to make their scoop and flipper mechs work harmoniously with their PF (which I believe they are signed up to do). At this point in time, I have no idea what changes are being made on the line.

#10072 1 year ago

I have been tweeting my previously owned game and not seen much on the right orbit exit,I have some rattle on exit ,I slow motioned and saw that it was bouncing off of the plastic on top of the orbit and then bouncing on to the playfield,I made a very thin bent plastic guide to correct the path it’s very hard to see with the ramp installed.

Clear with be ideal but I did not have any like the smoked stuff I used.

3CF0BFB8-2A8F-4C8E-9089-3EB243188EA3 (resized).jpeg

#10073 1 year ago

I looked into the video I posted a couple of pages ago, at about 38 seconds there is a right orbit portal jump "jump"... I put it in slo-mo, and here's what I saw ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/199#post-6078258

#10074 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Building a pinball machine is complex (stating the obvious. Distinguishing between "bad" design, manufacturing, and QC is really only possible by people closely involved with the project. For me, two of the most impactful changes in gameplay were lowering the scoop and flippers (you don't have to make all the changes at once...my tweaks were made incrementally over 4-6 weeks).
The root cause of why the scoop and flippers all needed to be lowered was the R&M PF is considerably thinner than Bally/Williams PF's (e.g. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/184#post-6024109). Since Spooky reuses Bally/Williams parts designed to work with PF's that are at least 1/2", it's not surprising these key mechs needed to be lowered. From where I sit, it's impossible to know if the thinner PF on R&M was done consciously (design) or unconsciously (manufacturing). Either way, Spooky manufacturing needs to make their scoop and flipper mechs work harmoniously with their PF (which I believe they are signed up to do). At this point in time, I have no idea what changes are being made on the line.

So are we only talking about flipper mechs and center scoop? Bushing adjustment or washers under the flipper mechs and then washers under the scoop mech?

#10075 1 year ago

Can someone please confirm which

Quoted from razorsedge:

I looked into the video I posted a couple of pages ago, at about 38 seconds there is a right orbit portal jump "jump"... I put it in slo-mo, and here's what I saw ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/199#post-6078258

I wonder if placing an adhesive clear cabinet door bumper behind the part of the diverter that opens and closes (narrowing the gap), will serve to slightly slow then velocity of the ball?

bbumper (resized).jpg
#10076 1 year ago

If anyone is interested I've been slowly updating our progress on the garage portal mod in our product development thread. Here is the latest video of v0.7. Getting very close to a beta product ready for market testing. Some cool/trick lighting effects we are doing that have stock game integration. All will be revealed shortly. The portal spins based on the lit portal status and the lights give motion and depth to the portal. Looks 100 times better in person than these quick youtube phone video tests.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread/page/8#post-6084292

#10077 1 year ago

If anyone is interested I've been slowly updating our progress on the garage portal mod in our product development thread. Here is the latest video of v0.7. Getting very close to a beta product ready for market testing. Some cool/trick lighting effects we are doing that have stock game integration. All will be revealed shortly. The portal spins based on the lit portal status and the lights give motion and depth to the portal. Looks 100 times better in person than these quick youtube phone video tests.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread/page/8#post-6084292

That looks really cool. In the video, it looks like the portal is spinning vertically... is it set up like this or more of a camera angle thing?

#10078 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That looks really cool. In the video, it looks like the portal is spinning vertically... is it set up like this or more of a camera angle thing?

Combination of things. It's a two way mirror effect and the mirror was a really quick slap together by me. So with the brightness of the light in a dark room on a camera sensor and the reflection being crappy, I think that is what you get. Next version will have proper lighting setup and a glass smooth reflective pane which should solve that visual. The goal is to have a portal around the center of the garage depending on where you are standing. Due to limited space it ends up being a bit more vertical (think dancing ghosts at the haunted mansion, sort of) so we can't fully get the right angle and size at the same time while still being inside the garage.

#10079 1 year ago

So are we only talking about flipper mechs and center scoop? Bushing adjustment or washers under the flipper mechs and then washers under the scoop mech?

Practically speaking, yes. Nevertheless, ANY B/W part is prone to being "off". For example, when I was tweaking my Meeseeks target to avoid ball traps, I was struck by how high is was. Doesn't effect gameplay...might just wear in a different location.

The other insidious side-effect is you can't use standard 1/4" screws to uniformly fasten these mechs (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/184#post-6023979). If newbies start taking these mechs off and tweaking them, they need to be painfully aware of making sure they don't put the 1/4" screws in visible areas (which Morty thinks is really "weird". This is not only a PITA for us, but for Spooky manufacturing, obviously!

IMG_3051 (resized).jpeg
#10080 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Do you have a good link?

I have all mine sitting in my "downloads" folder on my pc. I can create something i'm sure in google for someone to grab if they wanted.

#10081 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I have all mine sitting in my "downloads" folder on my pc. I can create something i'm sure in google for someone to grab if they wanted.

Perfect. If you need space I have a very large Google paid plan.

#10082 1 year ago

Does anyone know the screw size that goes into the top of the posts with the sleeves throughout the playfield?

#10083 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Does anyone know the screw size that goes into the top of the posts with the sleeves throughout the playfield?

#6-32 x 1/4". I just replaced the ones near the ship with #6-32 x 1/2", since they were just barely long enough to accommodate the plastics with protectors (which led to them falling out).

#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

#6-32 x 1/4". I just replaced the ones near the ship with #6-32 x 1/2", since they were just barely long enough to accommodate the plastics with protectors (which led to them falling out).

Thats exactly why I’m buying too. Thank you!

#10085 1 year ago

I have a few 'is it supposed to do that' questions.
I see there are a few threads about the diverter, I'll get in there and look at it - but just wondered if anyone else has it completely stop the ball?
Usually once a game, I'll hit the right loop and the diverter seems to catch the ball completely. The ball eventually rolls though, but is going so slow that unless I start shaking the machine it goes perfectly down the right outlane every time. Can I assume its not supposed to do that?
The second is with the horseshoe. Mine seems to have a little wobble on the left side that will result in a SDTM if I hit the right side hard.
Intended or no?
I've done most of the other tweaks to the game and I think its playing pretty well.

#10086 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

I finally got the update to work with the current code using the fourth USB drive I tried.

#10087 1 year ago

Here's the Oct 12, 2020 code.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bdBHOJlh2IcL0HUuWzCPxjsT6sBgJHp-/view?usp=sharing

Hey Spooky, don't be shy to tell me to fuck right off by me sharing this if you don't want it floating around.

Here's the December 8 code

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nqrKLkIcEfqtjfHKFlGdM0lfWujdCtBs/view?usp=sharing

#10088 1 year ago

Hey Spooky, don't be shy to tell me to fuck right off by me sharing this if you don't want it floating around.

Spooky is too nice to ever say that... since you're in Canada, you'd be much more likely to get this...

a91c3457188765cb18dbc045bf97f9 (resized).jpg
#10089 1 year ago

Can someone rec USB sticks for this sorta thing. (Pref BBuy options over Amazon)
I am a complete luddite with NO computer/tech savvy.
I have no idea what updating will entail, but I am guaranteed to have all sorts of issues achieving one without issue.

#10090 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Can someone rec USB sticks for this sorta thing. (Pref BBuy options over Amazon)
I have no idea what updating will entail, but I am guaranteed to have all sorts of issues achieving one without issue.

There definitely is a best option. If I remember correct, 8gb minimum, (maybe even preferred) a better quality stick best (brand name) and get a fast USB 3

I use this and it works well. Except that one time it didn't, LOL

amazon.com link »

#10091 1 year ago

if you don't want it floating around.

It's a public build. No real harm in it. I just don't understand why anyone would want to go backwards. There have been significant fixes in every public release thus far.

#10092 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Jesus! Is this the fault of bad design or poor quality control?
I’m expecting my game in a few weeks and I’m not looking forward to tinkering for a full work week worth of hours

I've spent a blistering hour or three on "tweaking". Changed the flipper rubbers and replaced the fan that sounded like a Concord landing in the living room.

I "could" fool around with some of the guides but it's playing damn good so I figure I'll wait.

#10093 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Don't get a very large one as you want to format it in the old FAT format. I used a Micro Center 8 gig freebie and it worked perfectly the first time (after I finally found out where the USB input was... lol.

#10094 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't get a very large one as you want to format it in the old FAT format.

This kind of thing right here...I know it probably means something significant.

#10095 1 year ago

Looks nice but I assume that dustbuster whine is the game's original power supply fan and not your mod right? Hearing that whine brought it all back again! Vic's fan kit is a MUST but getting the power supply out with the PF in the way killed my back with the contortions I had to make

Some muscular minion at Spooky had cranked the connectors down so hard that getting them off the power supply was one of the tougher things I had to do lately.

#10096 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a public build. No real harm in it. I just don't understand why anyone would want to go backwards. There have been significant fixes in every public release thus far.

Yeah, me neither, but just lending a hand

#10097 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

This kind of thing right here...I know it probably means something significant.

Nahhh. If you get one less than 32 gigs you really don't even have to format it at all. With a PC you can just right click the flash drive icon when it's plugged in and you'll see the "format" option. Then pick quick format in FAT or FAT32.

You'll be fine. Plus it may come with the recent build already on your machine.

#10098 1 year ago

Thanks Manic. Greatly appreciate the info. (same to you northerndude)

I can do a lot of stuff, but never really done much with the computers.

#10099 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think he was having trouble loading the latest code on a very early build game that had very early code so thought he would try incremental updates to see if that might work.

#10100 1 year ago

Yeah, me neither, but just lending a hand

Might just be habit from video games. Like when you update and find the only "bugfix" was to add advertisements or something. Oops gotta step back!

Certainly doesn't seem needed for this game though... unless Eric gets disgruntled and goes rogue one day

There are 16,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 340.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside