(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 405.
#10001 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought he was referring to the stainless car/ship base that is a replacement for the stock perspex on that always breaks?
Ie: this thing:
[quoted image]
Replaces this thing:[quoted image]

toyotaboy was responding to my original post where I was asking about a cliffy for the garage hole.

#10002 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To be the voice of...well the opposite, I can't imagine that actually looks good? Needs some paint or artwork on it. Too much of it shows to be just a big chunk of metal. I suppose maybe the crystal mod in front might cover it up some?
That being said, it does seem it might be necessary.

No metal isn't necessary. It will stand out and look ugly on top of that. The crystal ship mod I have installed, won't cover it.

The standard plastic on my game, and on most games ... no worries. It's the way it is fitted that makes the difference.

If there were need for improvment, one could at least use upgraded transparent material so that it looks halfway decent.

It was a molehill, that already now has a zero cost working solution, and some cases the thing has just been transformed into a figurative mountain.

It is clear to me however, that if I had not corrected mine out of the box, it would likely have broken a thousand games ago.

My 2c worth.

#10003 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To be the voice of...well the opposite, I can't imagine that actually looks good? Needs some paint or artwork on it. Too much of it shows to be just a big chunk of metal. I suppose maybe the crystal mod in front might cover it up some?

At least in my case, I am thinking the crystal mod should cover most of it. Not sure how it would look for those that do not have the crystal mod, but I'm sure there will be cosmetic solutions that people will come up with.

#10004 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And those 5 sold out.
Starting a list so I can make a larger batch:

Add me to the Australia list pls, thank you.

#10005 3 years ago

I’m in one one. Add me please

#10006 3 years ago

Butter cab invoices are rolling again. Paid for 42x yesterday.

#10007 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And those 5 sold out.
1 - calfdemon
1- gac
1- jonesjb
1 - mikes
1- docquest
1 - USMCSGT0331
1 - attack7
1- monkfe
1 - kidchrisso
1 - jigz
1- estrader
1- eagle14
1- cooked71
1- SR230CC
1- loumatt
1- pinbalt
1 - Jherre6
1 - dendoc
1 - Soulstoner
1 - Chisox
1 - goingincirclez
1- bemmett
1- db666

This is exactly what I was envisioning a few months back as a fix for this issue. I'll take one.

#10008 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah I think it looks awful. All that light up there and the great light show will be blocked by a dark rectangle of metal. Simply loosen the screws and nuts on the right side of the clear plastic and it will probably last forever.

#10009 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought he was referring to the stainless car/ship base that is a replacement for the stock perspex on that always breaks?
Ie: this thing:
[quoted image]
Replaces this thing:[quoted image]

Always?

Mine is still going strong, and I play the shit out of my R&M.

I bought several replacements from PBL when I placed my last order because of all the warnings about it breaking. Haven't had to use it yet.

#10010 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Always?
Mine is still going strong, and I play the shit out of my R&M.
I bought several replacements from PBL when I placed my last order because of all the warnings about it breaking. Haven't had to use it yet.

Same here. I'm over 500 plays on mine with no issues, but I did buy a couple replacements to have on hand.

#10011 3 years ago

I think if you've had the ship plastic break and had to replace it, then the metal one makes sense for the next time it happens. If you have never had your plastic break and had to go through swapping it out then you think people are crazy, haha.

I've gone through it, and maybe the new plastic will never break, since I also left the one side loose as others suggest. It does have more freedom to move, so maybe that will stop it from breaking.

But if it ever does break again, I will be happy to know I have a metal one sitting inside the game to swap it with next time the plastic snaps.

#10012 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep mine has the clear peeling away in a curl from the bevel of the hole, where it has been getting bashed by the ball drops. It won't take long to get bad... needs a cliffy. Might be tricky to make universal though with the apparent variability of ball guide screw placement.
As far as the ship plastic made of metal, no need whatsoever here it's great with the factory part. Just have it installed appropriately.

I thought this might be the case, I suspect this is a common occurrence, it won’t likely be visible to most unless you look close and run your hand to feel the clear peeling away.

At least it’s in a location in the back and easily corrected with a cliffy. Have others seen this? To be clear, this isn’t a manufacturing defect or anything, just looking for added preventative protection to the playfield in a vulnerable spot.

#10013 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I thought this might be the case, I suspect this is a common occurrence, it won’t likely be visible to most unless you look close and run your hand to feel the clear peeling away.
At least it’s in a location in the back and easily corrected with a cliffy. Have others seen this? To be clear, this isn’t a manufacturing defect or anything, just looking for added preventative protection to the playfield in a vulnerable spot.

I noticed it as I seen a "curl" of clear that lifted from the bevel where the bashing happens at the left side of the hole. The curl still being attached at one end, prior to it now having broken off. I noticed it through the garage floor with the game completely together, only the glass was off.

I am currently engineering myself a mantis style protector to fit inside the hole ... also considering how to stop the right orbit portal shot leaping straight across that big hole and comming back down the garage lane so often.

#10014 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

... also considering how to stop the right orbit portal shot leaping straight across that big hole and comming back down the garage lane so often.

Wow...that's never happened to me (and I've been playing a lot). Good luck finding the issue...

#10015 3 years ago

Paid in Full and beyond excited.

#10016 3 years ago

For those interested, I just made another batch of the Rick and Morty Pinball Blue Crystal Scoop Mod. They are back in stock at Pinball Life. Thanks again to all that have supported this project.

#10017 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Wow...that's never happened to me (and I've been playing a lot). Good luck finding the issue...

Happens to me quite a bit. When the ball goes flying around the right orbit, the speed is so fast that it just goes right over the hole.

#10018 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Happens to me quite a bit. When the ball goes flying around the right orbit, the speed is so fast that it just goes right over the hole.

I've had it happen too, only a few times though and was probably after waxing.

#10019 3 years ago

OMG waxing this game is for masochists!

Anyhow, I came here to say that PinMonk's quiet replacement fan is totally worth the effort to install, and I was a skeptic. But for that price it's a no brainer.

I'm not saying it was at all difficult, just inconvenient. And the tiny screws Spooky used for the L brackets strip really easily, not so they fall out but they won't tighten down completely. A few were already loose when I was taking them out, and I found out why putting them back on. I hope this helps others to be careful reinstalling theirs.

#10020 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I noticed it as I seen a "curl" of clear that lifted from the bevel where the bashing happens at the left side of the hole. The curl still being attached at one end, prior to it now having broken off. I noticed it through the garage floor with the game completely together, only the glass was off.
I am currently engineering myself a mantis style protector to fit inside the hole ... also considering how to stop the right orbit portal shot leaping straight across that big hole and comming back down the garage lane so often.

Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from Kevlar:

I've had it happen too, only a few times though and was probably after waxing.

I’ve only seen this happen a few times... I wonder how much the pitch and level affects this?

Also, I haven’t waxed my game yet but I’m planning to do that this weekend (I hope). We’ll see what happens after I wax it!

#10021 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Anyhow, I came here to say that PinMonk's quiet replacement fan is totally worth the effort to install, and I was a skeptic. But for that price it's a no brainer.

I couldn't even buy a fan for much less than that, plug and play made it that much nicer.

#10022 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I could not believe the difference it made, SO much quieter.

#10023 3 years ago

PMC Upgrade Decal sets are ready to ship!

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-decals/rick-morty-target-decal-upgrade

Tired of those old plain targets? Looking for something to spice up your game? Get immersive with our color matched, heavy duty target decals.

These custom designed, hand drawn decals take cues from the colors on the playfield around where they site. Maximized size fit each target correctly. Application is extremely easy (we have a great method in our install video).

The ship figures on the separate sheet are actually transparent. Choose between the entire ship or just the cockpit, you get both.

The material is a triple thick, inner foam, poly coated substance which protects the artwork on the decals from repeated hits. Super high glossy finish looks great against those buttery smooth playfields.

Because of an ordering error each set of decals comes with our v2 (latest) version of HD decals (main sheet and transparent sheet) AS WELL AS a sheet of our v1 decals and corresponding transparent sheet (R&M heads). The v1 sheet was printed on a standard decal which will not hold up over time and you may see with the stock decals. We don't accept less than the best so we went back and had our production partner reproduce these in the proper format. Their loss is your gain! Use them, abuse them, stick 'em all over the place. Yours for free!

DecalSheet-Embedded-v2 (resized).jpgDecalSheet-Embedded-v2 (resized).jpgPlayfield-Meeseeks (resized).jpgPlayfield-Meeseeks (resized).jpgCompare (resized).jpgCompare (resized).jpgPlayfield-Combined (resized).jpgPlayfield-Combined (resized).jpgShip1 (resized).jpgShip1 (resized).jpgPlayfield-RSJB (resized).jpgPlayfield-RSJB (resized).jpgShip2 (resized).jpgShip2 (resized).jpgShips (resized).jpgShips (resized).jpgShips-Clear-Embedded (resized).jpgShips-Clear-Embedded (resized).jpgv2-2 (resized).jpgv2-2 (resized).jpgv2Set (resized).jpgv2Set (resized).jpgCombined (resized).jpgCombined (resized).jpg

#10024 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And those 5 sold out.
1 - calfdemon
1- gac
1- jonesjb
1 - mikes
1- docquest
1 - USMCSGT0331
1 - attack7
1- monkfe
1 - kidchrisso
1 - jigz
1- estrader
1- eagle14
1- cooked71
1- SR230CC
1- loumatt
1- pinbalt
1 - Jherre6
1 - dendoc
1 - Soulstoner
1 - Chisox
1 - goingincirclez
1- bemmett
1- db666
1- JustEverett

Please add me to the list

#10025 3 years ago

toyotaboy Please add me to the list as well.

#10026 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Great idea mariobeans That might help minimize the flipper hum too - do you know which washers size we should you use, I may try this.

There is still a hum and one of my coils still moves a tiny bit, but before they were moving quite a bit.

I got these from pbl Product ID: 20-9612

#10027 3 years ago

Rick: Hey, why do you have Future's self titled album on vinyl?

Balthazar: Look closer

Rick: Oh, shit, he signed it!

Balthazar: Closer

Rick: He signed it in molly and percocet!

20210119_094108.jpg20210119_094108.jpg
20210119_094118.jpg20210119_094118.jpg

Ok, it's not actually molly and percocet, it's glue and crushed up tylenol. I'm going to hang it on the wall next to my Rick and Morty machine!

#10028 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I think it looks awful. All that light up there and the great light show will be blocked by a dark rectangle of metal. Simply loosen the screws and nuts on the right side of the clear plastic and it will probably last forever.

Or just make a spring loaded joint and rivet that to plastic on both sides, so only the joint is the spring loaded metal.

#10029 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or just make a spring loaded joint and rivet that to plastic on both sides, so only the joint is the spring loaded metal.

This is what I did to mine to fix that:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/190#post-6046437

#10030 3 years ago

Yeah, something like that, but with small ramp-flap rivets on both sides at each corner of the flap to clean it up (and a wider flap) would be about perfect.

#10031 3 years ago

So ... I am about 570. My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly. He has played it and I have not - but will do so Thursday. He is a much better player than I am. He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.

While I will make my decision after playing it on Thursday I am interested in the opinions of this austere group on his perspective? Thanks!

#10032 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I am about 570. My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly. He has played it and I have not - but will do so Thursday. He is a much better player than I am. He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.

I will refrain for making jokes at the expense of your progeny...but the pricipals involved in building the game are all in here on occasion and have been pretty open about the game and the license.
Not sure what he could be talking about other than his own personal take on playing the game.
But if he hasn't spent dozens of hours on it, I am not sure that counts for much with many.

#10033 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.

What does that even mean?

#10034 3 years ago

316 is in the house!!

90C9629E-ED88-4D4F-8CA2-D180FC9A7AC0 (resized).png90C9629E-ED88-4D4F-8CA2-D180FC9A7AC0 (resized).png
#10035 3 years ago

Seriously? look at the assets in this game - tons. Listen to the hundreds of call outs. Look at the fun world that Eric/Scott/Bowen created in this game. No, the producers did not take any shortcuts with this game.

Quoted from Hjbondar:

So ... I am about 570. My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly. He has played it and I have not - but will do so Thursday. He is a much better player than I am. He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.
While I will make my decision after playing it on Thursday I am interested in the opinions of this austere group on his perspective? Thanks!

#10036 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What does that even mean?

It means he has an uncle that works for Nintendo, who's brother works for Adult Swim, who was told by the janitor at Spooky that they cut some corners on the production of the game.

Seems reasonable to me.

#10037 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I'm almost curious to know more about your son's extensive pinball background and about his knowledge of said inside information.

But, as Rick (and most of us here on this RM Pinside thread) would say...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Ftv%2F2017%2F09%2F21%2Frick-morty-dan-harmon-female-writers%2F&psig=AOvVaw27x4bsA_LPU_gXnOZ1GH0y&ust=1611185288468000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPCOlYiTqe4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10038 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Is your son an "associate" at Gamestop, by chance? Because this is Gamestop-level "insider" information I overhear the staff there talking about all the time.

#10039 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

#10040 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

So ... I am about 570. My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly.

It doesn't play like everything else, it's a little quirky, it doesn't have lots of "toys" it can be downright mean sometimes. Not everyone is going to enjoy that.
I really enjoy it tho. Still my fav with over 600 plays
Some of my good friends really didn't like r&m at my place when it first arrived, they have all come round over time.
You are going to have to find one and put at least 20 games on it

Quoted from Hjbondar:

He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.

I wonder if he is talking about not having the other actors voices?? Summer Beth and Jerry??

#10041 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

WAIT!!!!.... are you Kaneda's dad?????

(Ha ha just kidding Kaneda)

#10042 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

This is my first Spooky pin...I have pretty deep experience with Bally, Bally/Williams, JJP and Stern.

My son (25) is the one that asked me to get this game last year...I had no prior knowledge of the show. As a result of getting the game, I started watching the show and love it. As far as theme integration goes, it's pretty awesome...way beyond anything Stern has done in the past decade.

From my perspective, this game is a masterpiece. Only 2 (big) caveats:

- It's extremely brutal...hard to warm up to. It's a quirky love/hate game. It kicks your ass, you curse at it, and then come back for more (with a smile on your face). When you get all the shots dialed in and flowing, it's a really satisfying shooter and just pure fun. The callouts are deep and hilarious. I remember playing TRON when it first came out...hated it. Then, as I got more time on it, ended up becoming one of my favorite games. So, either your son isn't a good enough player to appreciate it, or he just needs more time on it, or...

- If you play a R&M that hasn't been dialed in, it might effect the gameplay considerably. My game (#175) required 40-50 hours of dialing in. Based on this extensive thread, other folks had similar experiences. Even though this game might not look complex, it is...there is a lot of subtle ball control/flow that doesn't fly without some love and care.

Considering the popularity of the show and the amazing art package on this game, I'd be amazed it if "devalues quickly". With only 750 worldwide, I imagine there are at most 500 for this country? Maybe less? And the butter cabinet is a feature that no other company is doing and is stunning in person.

In any event, report back when you get a chance to play it!

#10043 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I wonder if he is talking about not having the other actors voices?? Summer Beth and Jerry??

Thats the only thing I could think of also. If that's the case his son and friends would have a hard time with any modern licensed game except B66, Elvira and GNR.

#10044 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Can I be your son?

#10045 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

My son claims this game is overhyped, not fun to play and will devalue quickly... He also claims to have insider info claiming the producers took shortcuts that limited the potential of the game.

the only conclusion one can come to is ...
this kid must have played an ACNC instead of a RM.

#10046 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Add me as well please good sir. Thanks.

#10047 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

- If you play a R&M that hasn't been dialed in, it might effect the gameplay considerably. My game (#175) required 40-50 hours of dialing in.

Jesus! Is this the fault of bad design or poor quality control?

I’m expecting my game in a few weeks and I’m not looking forward to tinkering for a full work week worth of hours

#10048 3 years ago

I did the bushing shave (heyo) and if you haven't I suggest you do before you keep playing. I have one done and the other undone and it's night and day. I was complaining how there was no way I could casually hit shots consistently in this game without trapping the ball. I'm no twitch streamer but I can do ok on a good day and it's easy to tell the difference. My wife also agreed. Flipper now sits nicely just above the playfield and the ball hits the center of the rubber. The flipper is no longer weak at the tip and doesn't get pushed down as much. There isn't as much play in the flipper when the ball strikes it. I'm thinking this is why Spooky was setting the flippers to that weird location from the factory and Scott said to use the dots. Don't know why there isn't consensus there but this seems plausible. I can hit the backhand shots on the flipper I changed even with it aligned at the dots (well, if a toothpick were in the hole kind of alignment) whereas I had to have the flippers canted upward like from the factory to hit those shots. Right flipper to right ramp, no problem.

I replaced the pawl with a single nut type without the hex cap screw, personal preference. I also stuck on some of those captive metal nut things to attach the apron to the hangers. I don't understand the screw and nut setup there, no way I'm undoing that more than once before I figure out a different solution. I think these were laying around from a set of car speakers, finally I kept something that was useful.

Oh yeah, put the trough and backboard lighting in. With RGBW strips it can be ridiculously bright if you want.

Here is my very unhelpful instructional video:

ImageCapture-20210119-Photo - Google Photos-Brave Browser-HlWPbI3c (resized).pngImageCapture-20210119-Photo - Google Photos-Brave Browser-HlWPbI3c (resized).png0119211745 (resized).jpg0119211745 (resized).jpg0119211746a (resized).jpg0119211746a (resized).jpg0119211809d_HDR (resized).jpg0119211809d_HDR (resized).jpg0119211809e_HDR (resized).jpg0119211809e_HDR (resized).jpg

#10049 3 years ago

Are the bushings going out fixed now?

#10050 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are the bushings going out fixed now?

When Charlie posted he said several weeks, I think. I don't recall anyone saying they were "in" or available here or on Facebook. Hopefully Spooky will send an email and mail them to everyone without someone needing to "find out" about the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
$ 13,500.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/201?hl=mariobeans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.