(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-obsessed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

412 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinball-obsessed. You are on page 1 of 2.
#32 4 years ago

I’m in with my #653 BSE and it’s a long time away but I’m so f’n happy I got one of these!!!!

Let’s roll mutha fuc#ers!!!

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Heading down with new code to install this morning .
Eric already squanched most of the bugs from stream. Dude is a beast!

That’s awesome!
If I lived nearby I would come by to help test the new code!

#227 4 years ago

Oh man oh geez… Looks like we’re going to have to change the name again Scott!

How about the don’t be a Jerry club or Peace among worlds club?

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I feel like this is holding me back too! lol I have a JP 2019 and I can't get anything done so I can't appreciate any of the late ball progress and this is even putting it on 5 balls!
PS I'm not very good.

I can appreciate this... I have a Deadpool since it came out 11/18 and I still have not gotten to the final wizard mode!

I also have mine set to 5 balls and The special awards a free ball! I guess I’m not very good either.

When I get there (if ever) and beat the final wizard mode its gonna be epic!

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have no interest in “easy”. But code content matching layout/balltimes is a concern for people. The reason TNA & Ironman work with brutal gameplay is because the content & layout gel perfectly that way. In a game where getting through 10 adventures is a goal, it’s not that the game has to be easy - but it has to be “not impossible”. LOTR can be set up brutal, but it ruins the intent of a game with that much content.
In any case, when people own a game, they have every right to set it up to their liking. That’s why games have setup options. Don’t be a p(ickle)rick and shame people over it.

Good points for sure!

In addition to changing settings on a difficult game to match your skill level.

It also helps to have 1 or 2 points based game in your lineup to play so that you can take a break from the more difficult ones.

#277 4 years ago

Now, does anyone have any advice for me on my my Transformers LE???

Because, is it just me or is this an almost an impossible game to progress through all the characters?

I’ve only had it less than a year but i don’t think I ever defeat more than just a couple characters in a 5 ball game including an extra ball or 2!

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My advice is to sell it.

It’s probably not a keeper for me, I think... but i’ve only had it less than a year or so unless I really need to get rid of it for money I’m going to hang onto it for a while.

I enjoy playing it a lot.... the Music and call outs are very cool the sound is amazing (I upgraded the speaker system)

Sometimes I think I just focus too much on the characters to defeat instead of just playing and enjoying the experience.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is me and AC/DC.

If anything, it keeps you coming back right? Even if you are coming back for more punishment!

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Well stated. Great point. I just have a feeling that a fella who stated “I feed on pinball players tears” is gonna make a game that’s all too easy to burn through modes. Just like acnc.

My question is how does Scott know how to do this if he himself is not very good at pinball????

Or is this just all an act?

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The drains will continue until the shooter improves.

And that’s the painful truth.

What really burns my ass though,
even besides the fact that I have improved… Is when my wife comes along and puts up a score is good as mine if not better and she doesn’t even play as much as I do.

Some people are just naturally good at pinball or I just naturally suck!

#292 4 years ago

Quoted from luvthatapex2:This will help you get further with transformers. Sorry for going off topic.
http://pinball.fi/2012/05/bowens-tutorials-transformers/

I think I watched this Before I actually bought my transformers so I’ll have to rewatch it again.

Thanks!

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Way to much dick sucking and not nearly enough ball fondling going on in this thread...but maybe that's just me.

Don’t break your arm jerking yourself off...

Love that call out in the game! It was even funnier that it happened when Charlie was playing.

#451 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Time link to that callout? I think I remember it.

33:55

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Damn these look good. Ordered. Guess I'll be looking at a couple spare hinges for a few months.

I like the Rick and Morty hinges a lot... but I was really looking forward to having the spooky Lemmy ghost hinges and maybe getting them lit up like on the TNA.

Is that even a mod they offer?

Hinges with the Lemmy ghost lit up definitely look better black though... hmmmm so many things to choose from.

Do the Rick and Morty hinges light up?

It would be nice to see a picture of the RM hinges on a BSE RM to help us decide!!!

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I like how they made it look like I'm checking out my wife's butt. [quoted image]

Or maybe you’re looking at her gun thinking hey yours is bigger than mine (I know it’s a portal gun but still funny)

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How tall is it with the topper..beginning to wonder if my ceiling is high enough

I thought someone posted the dimensions after it was shown ready to be boxed at spooky.

Not 100% sure but I think it was Luke maybe.

Anyone here remember that?

Should maybe be a key post?

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Im on my way to go play R&M on location! I will definitely be posting after i get some game time. Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Jealous...

Don’t forget to “show us what you got” and take pics of your high scores!

D1F6E41F-A881-44A3-B3F4-9FFBFBA77913 (resized).jpegD1F6E41F-A881-44A3-B3F4-9FFBFBA77913 (resized).jpeg
#572 4 years ago

No RM machines on location in Chicago yet???? WTH???

I thought we were the pinball Capitol of the world!

Nothing yet on pinball map.... anyone know or hear anything?

Did Brixies get theirs yet?

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

someone posted this on the facebook group, handy to compare black vs purple coin door.
[quoted image]

Here’s another couple pics for comparing...
6D07DA87-B353-4C7C-8B39-C69AA4D2736E (resized).png6D07DA87-B353-4C7C-8B39-C69AA4D2736E (resized).pngE4EE78D2-662C-4A5C-9F60-59BF49C6B9E5 (resized).jpegE4EE78D2-662C-4A5C-9F60-59BF49C6B9E5 (resized).jpeg

Which one, which one, which one...

E9A2A6B5-9081-4FBF-8AFA-027BB9F57EFC (resized).jpegE9A2A6B5-9081-4FBF-8AFA-027BB9F57EFC (resized).jpeg
#622 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

YOU KALAXIAN PURPLE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS! THEY SELL MORE BLACK COIN DOORS THAN ANY OTHER COLOR!!! ALL THE TOP 10 MACHINES HAVE BLACK COIN DOORS! YOU'RE RUINING PINBALL!
Shots fired
/fake pinball wars

Kalaxian colored coin doors will obviously play much smoother, require less maintenance and therefore RM owners with black coin doors are obviously the idiots!!!!

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The real question no one is asking: how secure is the latch on purple vs black?

Definitely purple!!!

Unless I decide to get black...

Oh and of course if it’s not latching you can just return it to Spooky I heard they’ve taken returns for that reason.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Still eagerly awaiting the answer to this one.

If something doesn’t pop up here soon may have to take a ride up to Madison!

The wife might call me a Jerry for driving 2 hours away to go play a pinball machine though....

1917B930-AE1A-4B16-8D9F-149603580301 (resized).jpeg1917B930-AE1A-4B16-8D9F-149603580301 (resized).jpeg
#632 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Thanks for all that! Good to hear you're enjoying it.
I keep hearing from people that either the left ramp is too steep, or the upper flipper shots (namely the power one) just brick a lot.
Spooky, is this not something worth adjusting slightly in the factory, seeing that operators/owners are sharing that they're tweaking games?
Doesn't it make sense to have this game more satisfying and respect to shots? Doesn't that put a game like this in top 10 standing as opposed to being in the top 100 because people stepping up to this game find it frustrating?
I have my deposit in on a game so I want nothing more than for you guys to succeed. But from all of the reactions coming out it seems like this is something that maybe should be addressed or at least considered.
I'm a first-time spooky buyer, and I'm really looking forward to getting my game. Thanks for all the great work

Per Scott’s podcast interview with kaneda... the upper flipper shot to the house is supposed to be the most difficult shot, it was designed that way.

And, in addition to that he also said that’s why that Shot was also made available through the right orbit for that very reason. You only need to make that shot from the right flipper to get a super jackpot it’s not needed for progression in the game so there shouldn’t be any frustration in regards to gameplay and progression.

Another edit***

I think it will be feel more rewarding/satisfying when you make that shot rather than frustrating… IMO.

Kinda like the Kitana shot in DP.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

I noticed in the most recent pictures that the Coin door still cuts off the top of the "Rick" on the Rick and Morty Lettering, i remember a while back there was talk that was going to be recentered so it was not cut off on the top. Does anyone know if that was ever addressed/fixed or are the final machines going to have that slight overlap? Love the look of the machine either way, just something I thought of with all this coin door talk!

FYI... my pics were NOT current.

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Yeah, I get it. Probably my most realistic options are to either sell my spot or farm the game out. Maybe I’ll keep it at a fellow pinhead’s house and rotate through some of their games on temporary trade. That sounds more fun than selling outright. Or find a local spot to route it?

You’ll regret it if you sell it.

Best advice yet for your situation that I saw was cover the screen and turn the volume off for your kids to play. This works better if you have a nice loud system near your pin to play music. If you do, you might even be able to play the sound low and drown it out with the loud music.

Or just make it your late night pin until the kids are ready.

I have a 12 year old and a 14 year old. I did let them watch movies where swearing and violence was present but always with advice and a reminder that movies are not real life! They turned out ok (so far). As long as they know it’s just ok in the movies and you cover all basis with how they behave after; I think kids are smart enough to differentiate and still act appropriately for their age.

My 12 year old still does not swear and is reluctant to say anything close to a swear word near my wife and I. My 14 year old on the other hand is in HS now and well.... that’s a different story but we still address him when he is excessive with it.

Not trying to push my way on anyone here.... especially about parenting!

Just sharing my experiences.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly, this game is the whole package.
What I like broken down a bit >>
Intergation: Best theme integration since TAF. Lights, sounds, callouts, annimations, music. All combining to bring your IN TO the game. World under glass gets over used, but this game really makes you like you are part of the experience. Very few games capture this.
Geometry and Risk v Reward: The game is on par IMHO with TWD for unique geometry that is challenging but very doable. The game has both flow and control needed and the software compliments it perfectly. The game is exactly what I would expect from Scott D, Eric P, and Bowen combination and we are just seeing the foundation at this stage. I know some of the things that are coming in code and I can hardly wait. I think TWD is the best comparative for 'feel' of this game and TWD is one of my favorite Sterns ever made. TWD you must be able to hit all three drop targets (top 2 are easy but bottom can be challenging). R&M you need to find the ramps (right is easy, but you have to find the left). When you make shots in each game, you need to be ready for both offense with a quick return that requires you to shoot on the fly (flow) or the possibility of a need to gain control. This game keeps you on your toes. It is for sure a players game. TLDR of this point> the game fucking rocks to play and is challenging but rewarding. This is exactly what I look for in modern pinball.
Light show: WOW o WoW! Seriously the best lightshow in all of pinball
Animations: David is by far the best animator in the business. He just gets 'it' for pinball. He has great assests to use with R&M but his layering and understanding of theme integration in a way that the player readily understands what to do is amazing. Most modern games have so much shit going on with the screen that it takes me months to even know where to look and what it is telling me. R&M (and ACNC) are good because David has it figured out. Appealing to the eye and easy on the brain. He seems to understand that the screen is entertainment for onlookers, information gathering for the player, and should also keep you engaged when you have down time (waiting on mode start) in the game.
Callouts: are fucking hilarious! Tons of them. From the show and unique. I can not stress how important real voice actors with actual pinball call outs are for theme integration. This game is not simply a R&M pinball. It is part of the R&M storyline and if anyone has not realized, it has continuations or extensions of the storylines in cool ways. It is like the "what may have been" if the episodes were longer or they revisted a storyline. I dont think any pinball has done that yet?
Sounds: Fantastic. Scott D is great here obviously and his real passion. It shows. This game is a mini dance party and light show combined. I can hardly wait to have my personal one and late night jam out sessions with the wife while sipping on good boubon and in a dimly lit pinball room. Going to be a blast.
Comedy: Pinball has sorely been missing comedy. It died with MM and AFM for some reason. DP had a poor attempt at some 1 liners but they all feel forced. R&M is just plain funny shit and the callouts and timing of those callouts are enough to pull you out of your own head while playing. What good comedy in pinball is supposed to do. Serious , "what did it just say?" moments and LOL times where I am giggling to myself as I walk away and the game just kicked my ass.
Build quality: Best built spooky ever and they keep making improvements. Better mechs. PF is best ever. While some companies are using thinner gauge metal to save a nickel on each build, spooky is going the opposite direction and asking themselves what can they make better. They are even making brand new mechs (in pf trough for staged ball).
1 con: This really only applies to the first batch as I think all aspects will come out of the factory much improved with each successive batch. There are some fine tunings that need to be done for the game to shine. Sadly, many pinheads are not comfortable with this and will be disjointed. They walk in to a bar and that example is not exactly how they think it should ( it may not shoot exactly as intended if not leveled and pitched accurately) be and then think every single game "has a spinner that rejects shots" (Granted, many of these guys are pissed they missed out and also ragging on the game because they want one; they also suck at pinball and like games where they can close their eyes and hit a shot on the first time because it is always in the sweet spot of the flipper). To be clear, these fine tunings are 1/64' to 1/8' adjustments for how a ball guides sits. This game has so much in it, that the physical placements are important. Factory workers are not pinheads and don't think about these things until they are laid out.
Fine tunings I suggest for each owner of the first 40 that were built if you are interested in fine tuning the game:
To be 100% clear, these are all MINOR adjustments. These are normal things I do for every game I touch. These are things that have been fed back to factory and they use this feedback for future games. Spooky is always improving.
I am hesitant to even write these as a few douchebags will fixate on them. Dont be a fucking Jerry. I am sharing these to help those operators that complained till they got and early game, but then need the help to learn how to make adjustments.
-Ensure the right orbit feeds the ball smoothly so it rides down the upper right flipper in direct parallel to the flipper.
-Adjust your upper right flipper angle to ensure it feeds cleanly to the upper spinner orbit and the left garage portal shot (too low and spinner shot is wrong; too high and portal is wrong)
-Ensure the inner spinner orbit guide rails have a little curvature (not a flat spot at entry) that extends the length of the entry for the shot. This will make this shot easier for noobs/complainers as increased curve will change that later movement into vertical and push the ball through the inner orbit. Go ahead and balance and juice your spinner if you think it is slowing your ball. On my route game, the shot is correctly balance and when you hit it clean, then it will come around so quick you have likely missed it. When you hit is somewhat sloppy, it will still make it around. When you bonk it, then you suck and it is not the game.
Another good indicator you have this shot tuned is a right orbit with diverter to spinner should hit the tip of the UR flipper.
-Check the height of your center scoop. This is designed to sit high to protect the pf wood. Basically a built in cliffy. If this is sitting too high then it will increase rejects. Lower it or bend your scoop hood to tune yours as you see fit.
To be 100% clear, these are all MINOR adjustments. These are normal things I do for every game I touch. My list for TWD was 2x as long and that is my favorite Stern. Again, don't be a Jerry.
This game fucking rocks!

Awesome overview/review and advice!

I can't wait to own this pin!!!

Thanks!

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You son of a bitch , I’m in .[quoted image]

Aww bitch... no topper?

FDB89080-0329-40EB-9712-40EFBD60772A (resized).jpegFDB89080-0329-40EB-9712-40EFBD60772A (resized).jpeg
#899 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I’ve got a topper , but I also have 7 foot ceilings. I will come up with something to modify the topper when I get time .

I figured... I was just messing around.

Actually, I haven’t even checked to see if mine is going to fit but I have another year to worry about it.

#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Totally get it man and we absolutely appreciate feedback. I get question/comments/ concerns all the time and love it! The mount that holds the rail is actually welded in 4 places to those 2 wires. There is about 3 inches left on the end so that the end user can give it an easy tweak if they need to. The whole guide is not flimsy its made from 1/8th inch steel and the powder coat baking process also seems to really harden them. I actually make the rails myself and i can assure you if i thought it would increase performance i would add another mount in a heartbeat!
The reason i made this video was for the customer to be able to solve it if it does happen. Not shipping them if they are not working but most customers do not set their games to the correct angle or level either so it affects the ball guide. We also had a few people update the code and it reset the coil settings to default which has since been solved. So the video could help them get the game back to set properly.
You wouldn't believe how many service calls i get that are solved by the game being set to proper pitch and level. The videos are meant to be helpful if you are having an issue not an announcement that ALL games are wrong. I'm adjusting them in under 60 seconds here and having no issues for the duration of testing.

I just want to say...
Spooky, You guys are awesome!!!!

So much great info, tips/advice and involvement with your customers and pinsiders. It’s so great!

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Had a few drinks the other night and decided I needed to order 13 cans of Pickle Rick pringles off eBay[quoted image]

What flavor are they?

Pickle?

#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Staring to get the hang of this game. My typical game is now around 3mil with more regular big games near 10mil
Still have not been able to string together a blow up yet, but it is coming... I can feel it

Hoping to make it over to the launch party... unfortunately I have nowhere to practice playing RM so I probably will suck at it if I join in on the tournament.
17523D94-0BE4-44BB-95AB-A30A6A3E6935 (resized).jpeg17523D94-0BE4-44BB-95AB-A30A6A3E6935 (resized).jpeg

I heard Pulp Fiction is a rumored game out there... man that would be awesome if Spooky could obtain the rights to that one!!!

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please say hello and help me put a face to a name/ online name.
Always great meeting new pinball people/ making the connection to online and IRL.
The launch party is all about fun!
If you get there at the start/ before the start, then plenty of time to get a few in and get the hang of it before things get busy.
In my experience, these launch parties start out pretty chill and if you are there at start, you can get a few games in short order before the line gets linger.
Also, this is not a hardcore competition. All about fun, but IFPA for those that want to grab a few points also. Should be a casual but competitive for those that want it sort of thing.
Best part is getting the Spooky crew to relax and enjoy in the good times. Always puts a smile on my face to see the team seeing other enjoy the fruits of their hard work. It really is a special thing to experience in the community and I feel fortunate to have spooky so involved and part of the greater pinball family. They take this all to heart and are genuine pinheads. It is all about the feels.
well, outside of my goal to do better than Bug He will likely crush me, but i think I have a shot.

I will definitely say hello!!!

Looking forward to meeting fellow pin heads!

What time does the tournament start and what time can I get there to get a few games in?

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

https://www.facebook.com/529448038/posts/10156050046293039/
Homeboy Gavin is bringing some games to this, I think he might have a r&m too[quoted image]

Thanks for the info!

This will take place at the same time as the launch part though...

If he does have one and brings it do you know if it will stay over the weekend?

I could always go on Sunday.

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Not sure if he’ll leave any games there, I think it’s just for this

ok, thanks.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bar opens at 11am.
Tourney qualifying form noon-4pm
Playoffs to follow.
Depending on if stream is happening, we may be doing some gear set up (hopefully done well before noon)

Great!

I’ll plan to be there at 11am!

Can’t wait

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

For those in the Minneapolis area, looks like Tilt is getting their game setup today
Not sure if I'll have time to make a trip up there before moving to Portland in a few weeks (speaking of, anyone know of any games heading to Portland in the near future?), but at least my buddies will be able to tell me what they think of it soon.[quoted image]

Wow I never realized how nice the left side looks!

I must’ve overlooked that in the original pictures they sent out or I never zoomed in on it...

It looks so awesome!!!!

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Could the flipper be mechanically binding? Hilton had to rework his to get it working right.

It could just be a coil sleeve improperly seated...

I’ve had that happen on 2 of my machines

#1137 4 years ago

Any Rick and Morty machines in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs yet???

“I’m asking for a friend”

I can’t find any...

F4A69503-DDDC-4CF8-82E0-2047E1831310 (resized).jpegF4A69503-DDDC-4CF8-82E0-2047E1831310 (resized).jpeg
#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Brixies should have theirs <emphasis>VERY</emphasis> soon, I heard.*
*That is unless Rob doesn't put it out right away - I really don't know his plan. I just heard about his pick-up.

Ok, thanks.

I’ll try to reach out to them.

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I drove from Ohare to Madison, not a bad drive. You can do it!

I am, tomorrow!

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was thinking the same thing!
Seems like he lives super close, and can even go to the party on Saturday. And he's always posting about be super excited about the game. Get driving..!
I'd drive 2-3 hours both ways to check one out in my area.

I was hoping to practice locally if possible before going to the launch party on Saturday. Sheesh!

Also, I wouldn’t call 2 hours each way “super close.”

And, don’t be a buzz kill by questioning my excitement about the game. I’m driving to Spooky next week (just for a visit) even though I won’t get my machine until a year from now!

So remember...
706DDC2C-5872-4605-A5E9-5C7997317252 (resized).jpeg706DDC2C-5872-4605-A5E9-5C7997317252 (resized).jpeg

Totally kidding by the way.

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

No worries mate. Hilton was already really comforting about people just playing freely. Plus, wouldn't you rather have your first go at an event like that? Definitely something to remember!
I prefer some quiet reflection to absorb that experience, no candles though! Saw Wonka at MGC last year at the debut, and yeah....it's not ideal, but it was a one of a lifetime experience!
Now with the double bird action, I'm putting in a formal request for you and a photo at the event..!!!
And I didn't know you were 2 hours away. Akin to you not knowing how far I'm away from I/O. Even I don't know that, haha!

It’s all good… Appreciate the upvote and the sense of humor!

Request noted!

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope. Not at this stage.
All good though as plenty of launch party fun And now none of it can be documented so we can get silly and not have to worry about

90919645-3528-4087-A731-4DE221B7FD3D (resized).jpeg90919645-3528-4087-A731-4DE221B7FD3D (resized).jpeg
#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

No worries mate. Hilton was already really comforting about people just playing freely. Plus, wouldn't you rather have your first go at an event like that? Definitely something to remember!
I prefer some quiet reflection to absorb that experience, no candles though! Saw Wonka at MGC last year at the debut, and yeah....it's not ideal, but it was a one of a lifetime experience!
Now with the double bird action, I'm putting in a formal request for you and a photo at the event..!!!
And I didn't know you were 2 hours away. Akin to you not knowing how far I'm away from I/O. Even I don't know that, haha!

I’ve only played 3 times... about to be 4 but it is awesome!!!

133D2C81-0519-48E3-AD4B-D9CB2E7DC90E (resized).png133D2C81-0519-48E3-AD4B-D9CB2E7DC90E (resized).png
#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Art blades or mirrors?

The art blades look really nice in person! And, they match the rest of the cabinet/play field theme.

I’m getting the spooky art blades for sure!

#1229 4 years ago

I also had a great time at the RM launch party today!

Everyone I met from Spooky was super nice and so was everyone else that was there for the launch party.

WindRaidor and Whysnow ... it was cool to meet some pinsiders! I had a good time talking with you guys and playing RM

I/O Arcade bar is an awesome place!!! if you're nearby there ever & have the chance to stop in and play... I highly recommend it!

I can't really review RM yet as I don't think I played it enough to do that but I can say that I definitely enjoyed it and I'm SO happy that I'm in on owning one, even if its not for another year!

I wish I could've played it a bunch more times than I did... especially one player games on my own. I only had a few 1 player games while placing for the tournament. All the rest I played were 4 player games and for me, personally, I always feel like I never play well in that scenario. I'm not sure if it's just in my head or it just gets me out of any grove I might have going... I had one decent game (my second game I think) where I scored 3+ million. It was great! For the 6/7 games or so that I played today I was able to make the house portal shot from the upper flipper and the steep left ramp shot multiple times.

The game is super fast and a lot of fun! Especially because of that pop bumper above the left flipper! I LOVE that pop bumper in this game! It adds a whole different element of game play. This pin plays/feels soooooo nice! All the shots are makable & work fine you just have to be dialed in on them to make them more often and I'm sure that will happen with practice. Anyone worried about gameplay from watching a stream or what TWIP said (also just based on first their first impressions from watching the stream ) that's just silly!!!! You just need to play the game and you will know that it plays great!

AWESOME JOB SCOTT & EVERYONE @ SPOOKY!!!!
10CD4D7A-401F-49DA-AB97-93988D275C47 (resized).jpeg10CD4D7A-401F-49DA-AB97-93988D275C47 (resized).jpeg8C804AF6-8BF8-4A86-AFFE-61E0874952FA (resized).jpeg8C804AF6-8BF8-4A86-AFFE-61E0874952FA (resized).jpeg9D43A935-2268-4774-9E48-020EFEBBDF58 (resized).jpeg9D43A935-2268-4774-9E48-020EFEBBDF58 (resized).jpegB77C3BC9-E377-4CD1-9659-3E2049AA731F (resized).jpegB77C3BC9-E377-4CD1-9659-3E2049AA731F (resized).jpeg

#1230 4 years ago

I'm going back and forth. The purple is freaking awesome but it might be a bit much on the door as well.

The purple IS FRICKING awesome!

It's not too much.

I haven't decided if I will get it yet but it looks great.

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok since nobody else is going to say it I will! R&M is a fricken ass kicker sadistically designed and build to demoralize you with every plunge! All while insulting you and stripping away Any assumption you may have had that you were a decent player!! Yeah I said it!! I played it for 5 hours today at home and while it does let you get one high score (mine was 4 mil ish) the rest of the time it makes you walk away like a bitch! Scott and Charlie conspired this evil machine to destroy positive thoughts of victory and force you to walk away with your tail between your legs! Aside from it playing as if the pinball was a meteor on fire, an amazingly fun game and the code to this point is absolutely brilliant. Hats off guys we are not worthy.....
Off note to Eric. The newer "Fart" code made the game reset every time. Needs a bit of polish...

Agreed, it’s not an easy game by ANY means but IMO I never felt like it kicked my ass. It’s tough to gain control of the ball and I feel like I was forced to make more shots off the fly. The layout of the play field, the return of the ball on missed shots and that pop bumper all keep you struggling to get control and or not drain it. But it’s fun as hell (no pun intended). I’m not a professional player, far from it, I’m just maybe a little better than average and felt like I was able to play it well enough and enjoy it. I was super excited just to play it! so yeah it’s a really tough game but a in a good way because you want to come back for more.

As far as scoring, I also mentioned on my previous post that my best game was a 3+ million game out of only the 6/7 games I was able to play. But, many people including myself had some low scoring games but this also not a typical high scoring game like a stern DP or JP.

The RM at the launch party also reset multiple times but it seemed to happen more when we were Starting new games and adding credits. Hilton, Scott and Eric were on it though and I’m sure they have a fix for that bug soon!

Now.... onto my my dilemma; where do I go to play this beast without having to drive 2 hours each way!!!

#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from QsharkQ:

I'm the same way... It's tough to get a groove going in a multi-player game, especially when my ball times were in the under 1-minute range. At any rate, it was great to meet you and share some terrible games with you. Hope you get some in Chicagoland soon!
Sharkey

Thanks!
It was a blast! Enjoyed meeting you and your husband and sharing some game time on RM with you guys!

If my wife and I get a sitter for the kids and get out there sometime... I’ll let you guys know!

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The ship does move during the ball search. It moves with the 'up-post' in the back of the lock, which does fire. Sounds like the new-to-pinball friend just didn't know to wait for the ball search. If you're not familiar, why would you?

Hey Eric....

What’s a ball search???

D2717571-0DA2-4096-96A7-1F4DCCD2E48D (resized).jpegD2717571-0DA2-4096-96A7-1F4DCCD2E48D (resized).jpeg
#1278 4 years ago

Incase anyone is interested…

Game Stop has T-shirts on sale/clearance for $7.99 plus they are buy one get one free.

I just happened to stop in at a store to browse and I picked up 2 Rick and Morty (official Adult Swim) T-shirt’s for less than $9 bucks!

That’s a good deal!

401F6446-870D-4D3D-9BF0-E6FCC560280A (resized).jpeg401F6446-870D-4D3D-9BF0-E6FCC560280A (resized).jpeg4273D35B-8885-4DFB-AB77-1B9D77E22A97 (resized).jpeg4273D35B-8885-4DFB-AB77-1B9D77E22A97 (resized).jpeg
#1306 4 years ago

Just called Brixie’s and spoke to someone.... he didn’t say or give a exact date but he said they will have Rick and Morty there to play in another week or two.

7D65C8EE-1A99-4E37-9F2D-EF14BE74D74F (resized).jpeg7D65C8EE-1A99-4E37-9F2D-EF14BE74D74F (resized).jpeg
#1309 4 years ago

Got about 10/15 games in today at Pinball Life and my wife got to try it. She liked it a lot too! On a side note, she REALLY liked ACNC so I think one might be in our future.

Back to RM... I had a few very good scoring games today (5+ million) and I was able to get the super skill shot a couple times!

It’s a tough game but so fun to play! I hit the loop with the spinner off the upper flipper a lot today and same for the right and left ramps. Such great flow when you get on a roll!

Love it and can’t wait to get mine.

Funny side note... I was in a multiball and Scott Danesi walks by and says hey what’s up. (He remembered me from I/O bar) I totally forgot he works there! It was a nice surprise. Scott’s such a nice guy!

Thanks to Terry @ pinball life for letting us play today!!!

#1312 4 years ago

Us west coasters have pinball envy.

Sorry!!!

#1337 4 years ago

Poor Jerry... he’s got no voice in the game and now he gets booted off the Whirly Dirly ride too???

E5999BA4-8A86-4BC0-8B33-DF3025EA765A (resized).jpegE5999BA4-8A86-4BC0-8B33-DF3025EA765A (resized).jpeg
#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dam straight! lol No call outs No coaster ride!

Hilarious!

Nice mod!!!

looks cool.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Ooh Baby! You just MADE my offday, and they're open today!
I was just in Reading last week, and thought about a late night JackBar run in Brooklyn!
Juuuuust a bit closer! Thanks again so much Alex!

Don’t forget to get a picture!

Have fun... you’re going to love it!

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How are the inner orbits on this on, are they getting dialed in?

When I played last week, I hit that inner orbit from the top flipper twice a bunch of times. But, it comes around fast!

I have the Getaway and it has the same loop but on RM the ball has to be shot sooner off the flipper which makes it tougher (but still makable).

I think once you play it enough you'll be able to hit that loop multiple times but just like Getaway it's definitely never an easy repeatable shot because of the limited time you have to prepare and the speed. My loop record on the upper flipper orbit on the Getaway is 6 loops for a 2/3 years now. Granted I don't play my Getaway enough but I think that will be a solid record for a while.

I wonder if they'll have a loop record for that shot on RM?

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Definitely a lot of fun!
No matches set up here yet, and the foam is still on the ship.

what's the deal with the foam???

why aren't they removing it?

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It protects the spring, duh!

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That's good to hear, I'm guessing they are getting the geometry right? Perhaps something is being done different during the manufacture. The one I played would bounce and deaden off of strait part of the inner loop outer wall and lose most of the momentum (on a legit shot).

I played 2 different machines and I hit that shot off of both machines and the loop to the house. my gameplay on the 1st machine was limited so I didn't get enough chances and there were the jitters from playing it for the first time to also consider...

*** wanted to add this extra tidbit*** I know I made those shots on the 1st time I played because I paid close attention to how makable those shots were off the upper flipper. I was also concerned of this after watching the stream with JD

1 week later
#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

dam you corona![quoted image]

Aww geez, aw man... I was already looking at a long wait and now this!

Oh well.

With all this Covid-19 stuff going on, pinball is not that important, I guess.

Right now, I'm thankful that me and my family are still healthy, and that my wife and I are also still able to work and pay the bills.

I hope we "all" get through these tough times and are able to move on with our normal lives and pinball soon!

But for now, it all makes me sad...

crying (resized).pngcrying (resized).png
#1679 4 years ago

I don't have a problem waiting but if any of you need more time and wants to do an even swap for builds with me; I am #653.

Just putting it out there.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Would you do an even swap for someone in the low 720s?

I’m pretty sure you’re kidding but I’ll rephrase my previous post...

If anyone needs more time and wants to trade their “sooner” build for my later build, let me know.

Some other pinsider’s have posted they have to or are considering selling their spot. So I figured maybe more time might be helpful for them, but maybe not. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

I’m not trying to take advantage of anyone here nor am I trying to spend more money. Fortunately, for me and my wife, we are able to keep working. Although both us have to interact with many people everyday so that’s not so fortunate my wife’s a nurse and I am in the service business. That’s why I said I’m ok waiting. It’s not a rush especially now with all that is going on.

Again, I hope all this is over soon and we are all able to get back to our normal lives and playing pinball.

#1692 4 years ago

It’s a shame we can’t use Rick’s portal gun to all go to a non Covid-19 dimension!

E6CFD3AE-AE8B-48EA-8368-36654DC6AC79 (resized).jpegE6CFD3AE-AE8B-48EA-8368-36654DC6AC79 (resized).jpeg
#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Ever stop to think this is all Rick's fault?

You suspect more pink eggs???

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Ever stop to think the "r" in "rmarmol1," stands for Rick?

That’s awesome and coincidentally true!

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Isn't the video from Louisville Arcade Expo a few weeks ago?

Yes that was from March 6/8th

#1716 4 years ago

Quoted from FatPanda:It's COVID, it has to do with everyone in any part of the world right now. It was just an example.

yup! Everyone is on edge and it's understandable. I hope it all gets better soon.

Let's just try to enjoy the little things like the RM Threads that have been mostly upbeat since they started. It's a good escape from all the Corona virus crap...

How' are you enjoying your Rick and Morty???
What's your highest score to date?

can I come over to play it?

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll be honest, when I was playing it over Friday/Saturday, I was getting really frustrated with the shots, even though I had played it several times before on location and knew exactly what to expect. I was thinking to myself, can I really enjoy this? Then I start getting a better feel for the shots without having to think about it as hard. I still miss quite a bit, but I have adjusted and know where to expect the ball to go. I still wish some shots were smoother. The inner orbit I can hit about 50% of the time. I'm getting MUCH better at the garage shot from the upper flipper. The ramps on both sides are fine. So it's definitely growing on me. I'm excited to see where the code goes over time.
My best is only around 6.5M?? Not great, I know. Like trilogybeer said, you need to get your balls locked, qualify a mode, get to another dimension to have Megaseeds lit, then start the craziness at the scoop to start your mode and MB all at the same time.

Just curious, did you make the adjustments to the guide rail on that inner loop shot from the upper ramp? I’m talking about the adjustment where you remove some screws to give that rail a more rounded shape.

I know when I played it at I/O barcade the shots were more difficult but I still made them a few of them over the few games I played there.

But, when I played the one at pinball life (the one that Scott Danesi said he had made adjustments to) that one the shots were very smooth and My wife and I were making both those difficult shots frequently.

It is a little discouraging when your not Making any high scoring games but I think I noticed the game time on a relative higher score game for Rick and Morty was similar to what you might have on any other game. RM just doesn’t score like Deadpool or some other Stern games.
Just my opinion.

Either way, it is an ass kicker that’s for sure.

I wish I could play it more though!

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

i haven't made any major adjustments yet. I can hit the inner loop and my best is 2 consecutive with a shot into the garage on the 3rd (I'll tell you it was intentional but... ) I think it's more my shot making than the game setup itself. I did take a look to see where the screw was and it seemed like it was opened up all the way. I didn't check the garage shot, but I can hit that successfully enough where I know it's my poor playing vs that game itself.
The game scoring is fine. I'm not so easily fooled by inflated numbers For me, I generally play for progress vs points anyway.
Now that I say that, I'll have to pop off that plastic and see if I can adjust further out more, on both the garage and the inner loop.

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

i haven't made any major adjustments yet. I can hit the inner loop and my best is 2 consecutive with a shot into the garage on the 3rd (I'll tell you it was intentional but... ) I think it's more my shot making than the game setup itself. I did take a look to see where the screw was and it seemed like it was opened up all the way. I didn't check the garage shot, but I can hit that successfully enough where I know it's my poor playing vs that game itself.
The game scoring is fine. I'm not so easily fooled by inflated numbers For me, I generally play for progress vs points anyway.
Now that I say that, I'll have to pop off that plastic and see if I can adjust further out more, on both the garage and the inner loop.

I have The Getaway HS2 and that upper loop is similar to RM just hits at a much lower/easier spot on the flipper. The most loops I’ve made on that is 6 loops because it speeds up ever time. Usually when I play I’ll hit it 2 or 3 times maybe 4 once in a great while.

The RM is the same but harder because it so soon on that upper flipper. But man is it great when you rip that more than once! Especially with the spinner on RM, it’s so awesome!

Edit*** I just wanted to add that I definitely do NOT play my GHS2 enough and I probably should play it more just to practice that upper loop. If I did I think I can beat my 6 loop record. That pin is technically my wife’s pin (I bought it for her since it was her favorite pin from back in the 90’s) honestly though I love playing it every time I do and I would never sell it.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I couldn't see if this was answered, but as of tomorrow Wisconsin has shutdown all non-essential businesses, Spooky included.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Stay safe and healthy Spooky!

We will be waiting patiently for production to start back up!

DDD1DCDD-4AFC-4510-83C1-88D8BBC562ED (resized).pngDDD1DCDD-4AFC-4510-83C1-88D8BBC562ED (resized).png
#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Here's a short video of my 4 yr old getting an Add-a-ball, then a super jackpot shortly after

That’s awesome... And he’s pretty good!

So no one else should complain about the house shot anymore because even a four year old can do it!

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This was before.

Dad must be teaching him the skills... he was trapping balls!

Love it!

#1760 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will there be a more long term solution for playfields yet to be built such as adjusting the orientation and placement of how the metal bits (tabs and screws) are put into the playfield?
It would be great if Spooky explored this possibility. What do others think?

I’m pretty sure they already said the new builds would already have this addressed.

I think it was on a post or i heard it on a podcast?

Spooky Luke or Scott i think

#1831 4 years ago

I got my new Rick and Morty “official” pinball glass dust cover today!

Now I just need my machine...

1FBE51B9-21A3-4FC9-932E-976CAC24774D (resized).jpeg1FBE51B9-21A3-4FC9-932E-976CAC24774D (resized).jpeg
#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

rmarmol1, Where could I purchase an "official" Rick and Morty pinball dust cover?

I got it on amazon.

I'll look for it and post it soon

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

rmarmol1, Where could I purchase an "official" Rick and Morty pinball dust cover?

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I got it on amazon.
I'll look for it and post it soon

here you go;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WT96XVK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_2e-EEb76QJ059

They have other designs.
Also just an FYI... it ships from China so it took a few weeks to get here.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/615e25wnNbL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1848 4 years ago

Also ordered this one for my Transformers Autobot LE.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61byiZcNS-L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have an idea to toss out there for consideration.
Even without the economic shutdown, my delivery date for R&M is still a long ways away and made even longer now. Despite that, I'm thinking of paying Charlie and Company in full, right now, as my way to help float their boat during this difficult time.

Would love to do this but as things stand I'll be fortunate enough to fulfill my payment a year from now - feeling sheepish all the while for buying a NIB pinball if too many neighbors friends and family are struggling then - so I'd rather not tempt fate much less crow about it. Too many unknowns for the weeks and months ahead. It's a good idea and if you can swing it I'm sure it would help, but given the amount of pain being felt and shared everywhere quiet discretion might be better for now.

I was thinking about doing this too but actually sending partial payments as time passes.

But, I agree with Goingincirclez... better to wait and see what happens with all that is going on, at least for now.

#1924 4 years ago

This is pretty funny I thought I’d share it with everyone here on Pinside.

Hope it doesn’t get removed…

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-TtIjJjvlg/

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thank you.
I’ll be listening to it tonight after the kids are in bed.

It’s a great interview with Charlie Emery, tons of info.

Very lengthy, I’ll have to finish it tomorrow.

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

To keep positive hopes flowing a Huge shout out to the man himself Mr #KingPinGames. Rain nor snow nor pandemic will slow his Always amazing effort and commitment to keeping the pinball world happy! Fully suited in his Harley hazmat suit delivering a match set of three beautiful Rick and Morty's to my door. (Group purchase not That big a collector....) Maintained a perfect triangle distance compliance for a ballet of pinball cheer. Looked like "The Dorkcracker Ballet" lol 63-4-5 have now safely landed to be quarantined for Fun. Can't thank or say enough good words about the fast, friendly, and professional service from Christopher at KingPinGames. 5 Star distributor that always comes through. Safe travels my friend, I am off to a distant galaxy to hunt for more seeds to defeat this virus boredom!
[quoted image]

Wow 3 RM machines in your group and all in my area!

Looks like I need to make 3 new friends

after the lockdown, of course!

Seriously though, that’s awesome that Kingpins was able to deliver to you Guys and you now have something new to enjoy.

We are all jealous!!!!

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I would like it as a poster. Just doesn't fit the rest of the game.

I’m not gonna say I wouldn’t put it in my pin to see how it looks but I agree with everyone here it doesn’t gel with the pins art and feel.

I would probably buy it and frame it.

#2021 4 years ago

It’s neat how they are all coming out of a portal and so the green from that plus the purple edges do line up with the the colors on the pin...

Maybe someone that has a RM already will buy one and post a pic of it on their machine, that would be nice!

Photo shop anyone...???
I’m out at work otherwise I would try it if I was home on my computer.
660A713E-2F83-4BF2-A358-8F278B8BBF48 (resized).jpeg660A713E-2F83-4BF2-A358-8F278B8BBF48 (resized).jpeg6D05D363-286F-4B11-AE1D-8584F888FB54 (resized).jpeg6D05D363-286F-4B11-AE1D-8584F888FB54 (resized).jpeg

AAE017B3-30F9-43DA-BEB4-DEAAEE99D98B (resized).jpegAAE017B3-30F9-43DA-BEB4-DEAAEE99D98B (resized).jpeg
#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just a quick cut/paste. It's too much for me personally.[quoted image]

thanks!

Yep, I agree, too much.

Cool artwork though. I’m sure it would like nice lighted and framed.

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

To the start of an Amazing game we wanted to create a fitting launch to fun with our "And Awaaaay we Go" shooter lane Mod. Highly detailed mod created with perfect resin for the ultimate 3D look. Each is hand painted to exacting detail down to each planet. Launch into the next Spooky universe with our shooter lane mod available Now!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe a better picture (zoomed out) so we can see the portal gun and your Mod might be good here.

Nice Mod’s!!!

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just curious what that mod covers? I know there is a green decal there that says something but I don't have my game yet and internet pictures don't show that spot well. Any chance of a photo of the location as it comes stock? I like the mod but want to see what I would be covering if I get it. Thanks!!

5916680F-BE36-4EF7-BA30-DA0D61202F3D (resized).jpeg5916680F-BE36-4EF7-BA30-DA0D61202F3D (resized).jpeg
#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

First season was good and improved as it went along. But the show only gets better after Season 1, so don't stop there. So much good stuff ahead for you!

Why hasn’t he watched all the seasons already? There’s no excuse!

He needs to get his shit together!
Get all his shit, put it together and put it in a backpack. All his shit so it’s together!!!

Finish all the seasons then come back and comment!

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Actually, that picture showing the trim finish on R&M standards shows why I ordered a standard (and will have to wait more than a year for it). I just like that hammered metal look more than the BSE's purple trim. And standards should be the more limited model.

I’ve seen both in person and although the standard does not look bad, by any means, the purple just looks so amazing in person and blends so well with the artwork and colors of this pin.

Here’s another pic of the standard I played at Pinball Life in Huntley, IL.
303CEA4B-DB1F-4142-9E99-649EB88EF570 (resized).jpeg303CEA4B-DB1F-4142-9E99-649EB88EF570 (resized).jpeg

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can't say for sure but my three games 63-64-and 65 to my knowledge were the last ones to leave as they were the last on the line as of last week.

Let me know when they get to the 600’s

312FC23E-55C7-4888-A12B-4C73422830A5 (resized).jpeg312FC23E-55C7-4888-A12B-4C73422830A5 (resized).jpeg
#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, I just finished the 1st season of Rick & Morty last night. LOL!
Now I'm hooked! I'm buying the next 3 seasons.
So there are only 4 seasons now with more coming I hope?

Quoted from Zablon:

season 4 isn't finished yet...

Season 4 continues on Sunday 5/3

Can’t wait!!!

#2094 4 years ago

Where can I find an archive of the stream? Missed it live.

It’ll be accessible on his twitch channel by tomorrow in the previous videos and might me posted to YouTube as well but not always on YouTube

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/591359240

It’s available at link above

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Had fun watching the stream last night. When he tilted for the first time, holy shit! I had never heard that call out before LOL!!
Jack's game is tuned very well. He was hitting orbits into garage shots very smoothly, which is what I would expect to happen. I only watched up to a bit after he scored 20+ million then went to do other things but a good time was had.
Still pretty early code from what I understand. Hopefully we can get more modes and multiballs in there and more coding done with the horseshoe lock.
One request I have for Eric is that when you're in MB and a mode stacked, there are not Jackpot callouts. Would be nice to still have Rick give us Jackpot callouts so that we know when we've hit shots.

I expected Jack to play well too and I wasn’t surprised how well he was hitting those shots everyone had been so concerned about. When I played the RM at Pinball Life in Huntley I had given feedback that those shots were working really well. Of course, it is the machine that Scott Danesi works with and had tweaked but still, it just proved that the machine is a great shooter! And, if you watched Jacks entire stream last night you’ll see that even he says multiple times that RM has great flow! I think I watched him make a 4 To 5 shot combo off the ramps, orbits and garage shot. So awesome to see that pulled off. But, I really thought Jack would be able to rip that Right upper loop with the spinner more than he did (I think he only hit that loop twice in a row the whole night).

On the other hand though.... even for Jack Danger RM was an ass kicker, you could tell he was getting a little frustrated, he had to kinda gather himself and stay positive.

I love that this game is difficult and or not easy. Even if you get frustrated it’s fun as hell and I think everyone can tell that now just by watching this stream.

Additionally, I think any RM machines out there for sale right now; Jacks stream Is going to help make them sell!

Can’t wait to play this again on location or get my #653 but that’s a long ways away, sadly. But, at least there’s one in my future and at least we have another stream to watch for those of us that don’t have our machines yet.

Awesome stream last night Jack Danger!

Stay safe everyone!

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What I have been having problems with is the plunge. Sometimes it is stopped correctly by the wireform, other times it bounces back to the plunger, and at times it will miss the stop all together and go around the corner of the little loop. I think a wider stop is needed at the end of the wireform from the plunge.

Did you catch this video? Or is the problem you’re having different?

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve tried adjusting that. But the ball does all in my post without me adjusting anything. It’s just very erratic at launch.

Ok, good luck anyway.

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you have more of those mod kits? I was holding out since I've probably got a year+ wait If nothing else, I'd like the coin door labels.

I looked yesterday he had 4 left

It’s down below these posts Under promoted items;
B9781335-BD40-4B58-B24A-17C727DCA6B7 (resized).jpegB9781335-BD40-4B58-B24A-17C727DCA6B7 (resized).jpeg

#2207 4 years ago

Mr Meeseeks on trying to keep this thread upbeat and positive...

Lighten up people... lot worse things going on in the world right now.

Let’s at least try keep our fun hobby that we escape to more positive!
2E370890-C781-4D20-ADD3-20AD8CA954F0 (resized).jpeg2E370890-C781-4D20-ADD3-20AD8CA954F0 (resized).jpeg

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

... don't they immediately start trying to kill one another?

Ha ha, I don’t remember, really. I guess I’ll have to watch that episode again.

I love the Meseeks call outs in the game!

How are you enjoying the game so far Bowen? Charlie said on a podcast he had sent his game to you since you needed it more because you’re working on the rules. And how are the rules coming along? Any interesting tidbits for us while we all go crazy waiting for production to start again?

I‘m looking forward to when the game is done and you do one of your videos on it!

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but a revelation from the Jack Danger stream was that one of the pending modes in review is based around the Blood Dome.
BTW, this was a great promo:

I know BK hates video modes ... but wouldn't something like this be awesome?

(or maybe just me, I'm a long time fighting game fan)

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Cromulons asked me to "Show Me What You Got" from the mod couple. Here are some flipper tops, a Mega Tree cap, and a Cromulon.
I couldnt find the ideal spot to place the Cromulon. I decided I liked him better up in space so I put in front of the planet above the right ramp. He's still pretty bouncy up there as you nudge the game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Cromulon looks awesome there!!!

I like what you got!

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ok, I am liking the Comulon separated from the planets that he was made with. It just never looked right to me with the planet "body" and the 2 other planets on wires (the scale bothered me for the game). But where you have it placed is PERFECT!! Makes me want to order it that way with just the head. Can you show another picture of how you attached it there? I am still a long way from my game, but acquiring the mods I want now and storing them away.

Maybe the mod couple can offer it separately with a small discount?

In thinking the same and would order it to install this way too.

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You must be a blast at parties.

Why is he quoting this post from you that’s 2 months old?

#2296 4 years ago

just posting this info here in case you guys didn’t see it on the other Rick and Morty thread;

F124CDAE-24CC-4E98-832D-E63E3DD4DF0F (resized).jpegF124CDAE-24CC-4E98-832D-E63E3DD4DF0F (resized).jpeg
#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It was evidence based
I'm inspired to go hack up my Getaway to make that pesky upper loop a bit easier!

just curious, what's your getaway loop record?

mine is 6 loops and I can honestly say I repeat the loop 2/3 times a lot or with no problem. When its more it always amazes me and feels so great/rewarding because of the speed!

#2513 3 years ago

Scott, your game is great!

So...
BE9366E6-3F2F-4A4C-9376-41657FDF3058 (resized).jpegBE9366E6-3F2F-4A4C-9376-41657FDF3058 (resized).jpeg

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does anyone know the rule or protocol for the Slam Save? Does it only give you a save if it hits that Mean pop bumper and high speed drains without a flip or is it somehow awarded? I have gotten it randomly but really could use it more often lol.

It has to drain immediately for it to register the slam save.

If the ball bounces off anything it goes over the very small window of time you have for it to register.

I’m pretty sure that’s how it works and I remember Scott saying (on a stream) the time is like a second.

#2545 3 years ago

Jeeeezuz! Move your rails or don’t. Get over it if everyone is not in your camp. If you like clunky, rattly shot rejects and think that was Scott’s intention and want to leave it that way, good for you. If you prefer a smoother shooting experience and know how to make it do, thank you for sharing your ideas. We’ve beaten this to death. Get over needing to be right. If you’ve got suggestions that you think improve the quality of play, please post them. Others, please shut the fuck up already with your need to counter every suggestion that Spooky may have produced something that is not perfect in everyone’s eyes. Nothing is.

Couldn’t agree more... well said sir!

50D97408-5C1B-4F4A-95D7-9843D041B7AA (resized).jpeg50D97408-5C1B-4F4A-95D7-9843D041B7AA (resized).jpeg
#2604 3 years ago

Things that go bump in the night the Spooky Pinball documentary.

This is now available to watch for Amazon prime members...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B074MLWZY7/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

Such a great story, it just makes you appreciate everything about Spooky Pinball.

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Like really !?!??
Ffs.[quoted image]

Really Amazon....

booo (resized).jpgbooo (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Highest legitimate score, yes. And Karl got that on the current release code too. Some scoring stuff has changed in current work that makes certain things score better, so scores will go up on average.

wait, did he record this "legitimate" high score?

To me... "seeing is believing" so lets see the video Karl.... Shows us what you got!!!!

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

My cameras were setup on WOZ right next to it so no, no video
It was a phenomenal game though. 9 adventures (I've set it to start with zero) and I was actively avoiding lighting the last one as I didn't want the 10th adventure crash with the score I had.[quoted image]

That’s awesome Karl!

I never doubted your skill and ability to achieve that score. You got some serious pinball skill!!!

I just wanted to see more Rick and Morty gameplay because I don’t have my machine yet.

I enjoy watching your streams.

#2759 3 years ago

PLEASE!!!

For Jerry's sake....reopen tomorrow and start building our RM pinball machines!!!

please (resized).pngplease (resized).png
#2879 3 years ago

So awesome that games are starting to get out again!

It'll be while for me but I cant wait to get mine!!!!

To all of those getting their games... don't forget to show some love and rate it to let Spooky and everyone else know what a great game game this is!

Rick and Morty currently sits at #47 but I'm sure this pin should easily be somewhere in the top 15.

1 week later
#3101 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I just got off the phone with the delivery company and my machine is due to arrive Friday between noon and five.

Oh man that’s perfect!
Get your RM on a Friday and have the whole weekend to enjoy it!

Have fun!!

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

#72 in the house...
I had to adjust the bottom flippers a bit; they were both a bit high. That's a PITA. Very busy under the playfield.
So far the game is brutal, but hilarious. The garage shot is possible, but very difficult.
[quoted image]

Looks great and 2 other great pins right next to it!

NICE!!!!

Don't forget to remove the foam under the space ship!

is that an ACNC behind it to the right???

#3334 3 years ago

loving the new RM thread name!

good one Scott

rma (resized).pngrma (resized).png
#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All depends on how well it sells! New thread called "Spooky Custom Armour Kits" should be up i will update you guys there!

http://shop.spookypinball.com/Special-Cool-Stuff_c_19.html

nice kits Luke!

oops I didn't notice you already posted the link...

oh well, twice is better

1 week later
#3606 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Probably tacky of me to ask the group for their opinion on this but...Is it absolutely mental of me that I’ve turned down three separate offers of $5k (inclusive of deposit) for my spot?

What build number are you?

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, the new code drop has me not wanting to sell at all. It looks like a BLAST.

I’m #312 ...guessing it’ll be ready to ship in November.

Oh yeah I remember now because I have the next build 313

Well I have my original spot #653 as well.

Anyone interested in making me a 5k offer for that one???

I am also interested in owning a TNA so if anyone has a TNA and wants to trade it for my RM BSE #653... PM me.

#3773 3 years ago

Never noticed any of this washed out nonsenses people are talking about and or making a big deal about. I’ve played 3 different RM machines and one one of them was just last week. All the ones I’ve played looked fine. And they were all in different lighting conditions. Very well lit to dark basement lit.

I have a Stern Deadpool for almost 2 years now and that screen looks pretty nice but when I played RM I didn’t notice anything inferior to what I’m used to on DP.

If it’s such a big deal why aren’t all the current owners on this thread complaining about it?

And if you don’t have a RM yet don’t start complaining about it either. Wait to you get yours and you be the judge.

Just my opinion and, I know, nobody cares...

1 week later
#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SPOOKY,Will you please have these small things fixed!!!I have had it with buying a new pin and have to do modifications just to get the pin to play correctly!! Now pay attention here SPOOKY,these are the reasons we are going with SPOOKY,now,because Stern can't put out a pin that works from the factory! AP blew it with "Houdini" and "Willy Wonka" was not that good either!! Thanks!!

Wow!

I don’t think we need to rag on spooky pinball. They’ve been doing a great job of voluntarily fixing things and chiming in here on pinside when owners have issues.

The biggest difference between Spooky and other pinball manufacturers is while the other guys are cutting corners, using cheaper parts, producing overall lesser quality pins and raising their prices.... it seems like spooky is going out of their way to make improvements and produce a product that justifies what you pay for it. And, they listen to their buyers!

Not sure about you but that makes my buying decision a lot easier.

Just my opinion...

#4052 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If you need help with the coin door lock, hit me up.

Don’t you just get a whole new machine when that happens???

#4054 3 years ago

Lol, I loosened the door and removed the top bolt. Tried to push cab decal back down flat but it bubbles back up today.
I’ll maybe try something else tonight or tomorrow
*** in other news, which one of you clowns left to ur cheeseballs container out???
https://apple.news/AiVCk2gkVQDG1yEKiaNlDCA

You probably know this already but in case not… Try heating it up slightly dryer lift it up and re seat it

1 week later
#4192 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Said goodbye to spot 312 today. Bittersweet, but some deals you just can’t turn down. Pray for me that I at least get to PLAY it someday.

I don't know man.... I wouldn't sell it unless I had no choice and I really needed the money. But hey, it was your spot and your choice.

Sorry to say but you're going to regret it!!!!

BTW, totally kidding with the meme.

1214323017242103178080748455306607736362123njpgoh05dabf517cd432ad858051801fcb005aoe5921a8de (resized).jpg1214323017242103178080748455306607736362123njpgoh05dabf517cd432ad858051801fcb005aoe5921a8de (resized).jpg
#4200 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t you currently have Your game spot listed for sale??

Yep I sure do.

But that one I have for sale was from a shitty dimension where I ordered it online 20 minutes after they went up for sale and got a crappy build in the mid 600’s!!!

Couple months ago I used Rick’s portal gun to get myself in a spot about 350 spaces sooner!

D127E6BA-3D1D-4FD5-AE76-A591BC13F593 (resized).jpegD127E6BA-3D1D-4FD5-AE76-A591BC13F593 (resized).jpeg
#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Is it not conceivable for Spooky to offer a quiet fan as a factory upgrade so we don't wind up paying for two fans, besides having to swap them out and jeopardizing our warranty?

Turn up that thumping sound system and awesome Scott D. soundtrack if the fan bugs you!!!

#4292 3 years ago

Finally got my official Spooky Lemmy Ghost pinball machine key holder that I inquired about before the whole Corona pandemic started. Called them up last week to get this going again and they sent it out right away.

It’s awesome!!!

Thanks Luke and Kayte for getting this out to me so quickly! You guys are awesome!

It’s going to look great on the wall proudly holding my Rick and Morty key when that arrives (hopefully around November). My pinball room is in shambles right now because I’m finishing my basement. But, I can’t wait to hang this up as soon as that and my pinball room are done.

Only problem is I need more Spooky pinball machines to fill up the 10 hooks! Only 5 accounted for right now. Hmm... definitely TNA, ACNC, and maybe the next new Spooky pin???

Wife is hoping for Scooby Doo! C’mon Spooky, you know the saying; “happy wife, happy life”!!!

3D66B5EF-E266-4EEA-BBE0-7A9A27F10619 (resized).jpeg3D66B5EF-E266-4EEA-BBE0-7A9A27F10619 (resized).jpeg4778743C-A3CC-4051-971B-745CE57C8D7A (resized).jpeg4778743C-A3CC-4051-971B-745CE57C8D7A (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4476 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This^^^! This is what set's Spooky apart from every other pin manufacturer.

Those other manufacturers don’t have “brain juice”

67BEE804-7313-4D10-81C1-A84B3E1FE7C5 (resized).jpeg67BEE804-7313-4D10-81C1-A84B3E1FE7C5 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4987 3 years ago

knockers go on the front so everyone can see them clearly...

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#5042 3 years ago

Not trying to start any conversation or thread here on RM thread about Kaneda but I just wanted to say as per his usual routine. He couldn’t help himself and takes a dig at whatever he talks about by adding the nonsense about the lcd.
(How typical)

I listened to some of his content to get info but mostly had to skip, skip, skip, through all the BS. Miss the info but not the BS.

Ok, I won’t say any more.

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

#635 checking in...how long?

Roy’s probably gonna be this old by the time you get your #635 and he’ll probably be dead by the time I get #653.
8C513D86-5C81-44B0-A59D-39C05853C49F (resized).jpeg8C513D86-5C81-44B0-A59D-39C05853C49F (resized).jpeg

But seriously probably a year or so.

#5059 3 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of this cup holder on an actual RM machine?

If so, could you please post it?

Thinking about getting it but would like to see how it looks on the machine.

Thanks!

4ECF3BA8-E7D5-48E3-BA6A-896FA4ABC5D5 (resized).jpeg4ECF3BA8-E7D5-48E3-BA6A-896FA4ABC5D5 (resized).jpeg
#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It’s just funny to me the way pinside follows this dudes every move

Well, he is a well known figure in the pinball hobby.

It’s not like he’s just some random guy... wait.

D89C3ED9-1827-4FE2-964C-6A242F094965 (resized).jpegD89C3ED9-1827-4FE2-964C-6A242F094965 (resized).jpeg
#5098 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I am too. I'm also tired of the constant obsessing everyone is doing over what number has shipped everyday. The obsession seems an to be an asinine exercise to me.

I’m totally kidding here...

067244D8-11BE-4A98-BB41-65085D8F898F (resized).jpeg067244D8-11BE-4A98-BB41-65085D8F898F (resized).jpeg

Oh and is it getting closer to #653 yet?

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Ouch. I don’t feel so bad about my number now which I’m not going to reveal on pinside due to my master plans of flipping the game NIB (new in box) for VIP (very immense profits) on Craigslist and avoiding the scorn of pinside

No shame in that!

I have one in the 300s as well so I too will be selling one for VIP…… I hope.

We’ll see.

#5122 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So how good is this pin ?? I promised my 2 boys they get next picks on pins .I had an opportunity to purchase downstroke on a Bloodsuckers that was due by Christmas that would’ve gave me enough time to get $ together.I was talking w nice guy selling and told him I needed till next morn to see if my 2 boys would agree to combine on it .Took them kayaking next day n they agreed but when we got back it was sold now I’m wondering what we missed out on .Please tell ...as if I go after another it will cost me more I’m on the fence .

It is a great fu%#ing game!
It sounds like your boys are older if they are going to be contributing money into the purchase.

If you and your boys are into the theme you’ll love it. If you’ve watched some of the streams on it and think you like the layout and music then when you play it I think you’ll love the game.

Have you read the comments from the top 100 list? I see your fairly new on pinside so here’s a direct link;

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition/ratings

#5196 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

The new leaderboard animation is super cool but the Morty is overlapping the score on my machine.
[quoted image]

WTF Morty, you little piece of $#it...

#5313 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Any mods people are hyped about? I haven’t been paying too close attention as I wanna be naive to a lot of what’s been put into the game since February’.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I think we have a fairly nice selection of custom mods for this awesome game. All are available and in stock from our store.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-custom-mod-collection-new-themodcouple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Yep, I picked these up from The Mod couple last week, now I just need my game to arrive so I can install them!

***The house is not for RM, that one is for Dead Pool, it’s the Hell house mod for the battle scoop).

Great mods from Dave at the Mod Couple!
Thanks Dave!!!

2CF5AF1A-2864-43B1-8015-CE569C91CFDC (resized).jpeg2CF5AF1A-2864-43B1-8015-CE569C91CFDC (resized).jpeg

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:11 every week. Have not stopped or missed a mark.
We did have a 2 week direct print dry spell which i apologize for. I order them 3 months in advance just got burned on it.

B0FDA553-5100-4151-884D-5899E1EAC553 (resized).jpegB0FDA553-5100-4151-884D-5899E1EAC553 (resized).jpeg

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

That's very decent of you, but there's no need to feel any obligation, I did what I needed to do at the time. Circumstances change, and I'm fortunate to find myself in a better position now.

What build # did you have?

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

funny enough, I do tech support on the weekends, and after hours for all the games I sell (and even some that I don't).
game is up and running now.

That’s awesome!
And, good to know!

Glad I’m getting a game from you then!

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

To shorten the waiting time....
[quoted image]

where can one get one of those???

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

In their latest YouTube vid Charley said they are @ 12 per week and will be 15 soon bc they have a better team now and not yet optimised production.

What video was that?

#5714 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The podcast, recorded on video this month.

Yeah I watched it before but just don’t remember the part where they said they would be up to 15 a week. I probably just missed it or I’m old and I forgot

But I hope they do get up to 15 a month! That would be awesome for everyone!

Let’s go Spooky!!!

#5722 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think you guys mean 15 a week, not a month.

Yeah that’s what I meant! I told you I’m old can’t even type what I mean to say.

And Northerndude was just being funny.

1 week later
#5882 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well....i went back to the drawing board. I really didn't like the original or my reprint in translucent green. So. I tried to make a death crystal version. Any better?
[quoted image]

Can you take another picture zoomed out so we can see how it looks while looking at the playfield too?

#5895 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Once again, thanks to all for the feedback. I think the standalone statically mounted crystals was the way to go. It only requires the removal of one lock nut to mount. It will pretty much cover up the original spring mount. I will show some pics of it all back together shortly.

Looks good, great idea!
Looking forward to seeing it with the house installed again. Get a picture with the crystals lit up too, please.

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I set up my R&M yesterday!
Goofy things first:
-Portal on the topper doesn’t work - except for a moment, then it stopped again.
-The bass was WAAAAAAAY too high. Beyond just glass shaking, the audio sounded like a distorted fart. Dialed it down on the amplifier to almost zero, and it sounds good now, still shakes a bit.
-Some of my scoop number segments were out. Found disconnected cable, all good now.
-Pop Bumper froze after like 20 games...one of the nuts fell off. Found it, tightened it up, all good now.
-There was some kind of issue or bug where there was a ball locked, and the targets just kept flicking it...the game didn’t shoot another into play, Rick yelled at me, and even in ball search, the lock wouldn’t let the balls go. I’ve since updated the code, hasn’t happened since - so maybe just a bug.
The good:
-Playfield is like glass. Gorgeous.
-Cabinet decals are thick & glossy. Glad I didn’t get butter, these are perfect.
-I feel like the feedback from earlier games have led to a better tweaked build - sure the shots are hard, but when I was making them, I was getting satisfying combos on all the tough shots. The scoop also sucks in the ball really smoothly.
Anyway, really enjoying the game so far! Gonna go play some more.

Rarehero gettin shwifty!

Congrats man!

6D77F9CA-FC33-4328-B969-BAFD138B4ED2 (resized).jpeg6D77F9CA-FC33-4328-B969-BAFD138B4ED2 (resized).jpeg
#5901 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s in good company.
(For now - this is just a temporary setup...R&M is prob going in another room once we settle in more...although maybe I should keep the 3 animated games together...but ugh, I don’t want to move STTNG again)
[quoted image]

That’s awesome!

If you move the STTNG you’ll have room for a South Park in that line up!

Either way, nice lineup!

#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

R & M Pinball Engine 212 arrived. For those of you thinking of going with standard decals, they look plenty great.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good!

Don’t forget to check the oil level and the coin door lock.

#6002 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Spooky and crew are so cool, I bet they said F it give em all purple!
Ps. Has anyone got cheese puffs?
Pps. Does anyone have RM next to alice, is it the same color purple legs?

ACNC color is dark blue

3B1A4734-3F12-4BEC-AAEB-E3BFF357D56D (resized).jpeg3B1A4734-3F12-4BEC-AAEB-E3BFF357D56D (resized).jpeg
#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree, I'm not that good a player, but this thing is a flow monster. I'm getting 6+ combos with loops, ramps, orbits, and teleportations. It feels great when you get them chained together. No idea why people have commented on this being clunky. Spooky has the pins dialed in!

Haters...

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

While waiting for my r&m i have been messing around with making things. I'm working on a vat of acid cup holder that will light up like my other ones i have made. This will be quick release just have not gotten to that part yet in the design process. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

That would be an awesome cup holder!

Even more awesome with a green LED light at the base of it to light up the entire inside of it green!!! or maybe glow in the dark acid dripping off the sides...

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Spooky (me, in this case) has been trying like hell to "catch it" but so far I can't get my machine have this issue. I'm trying.
Nothing much about these reports is consistent. Nobody has come up with "here's how to reliably re-create the problem".
I'm doing my best here.

Did you try the brain juice?

:3

Also, put your Rick thinking cap on.
Might help!

You’re the best Eric!

06C9D2D6-C71C-4B60-AF69-93DF632091D1 (resized).jpeg06C9D2D6-C71C-4B60-AF69-93DF632091D1 (resized).jpeg
#6178 3 years ago

GNR coming out Monday (possibly ready to ship) others already unboxing other new games. I really wish I had could have my Rick and Morty already.

Would love for Spooky pinball to give us an update here on Pinside, every once in a while, to let us know what the latest build # is.

A lot of meeseeks out here existing in pain...

On the bright side I didn’t have a order in on a RAZA!

2A2E830D-60C0-4F2C-8BF3-E7CDAC113139 (resized).jpeg2A2E830D-60C0-4F2C-8BF3-E7CDAC113139 (resized).jpeg
#6180 3 years ago

Dude, there’s a comprehensive list of delivered and paid for.
Why the need for Spooky to reply?

Dude, I didn’t say they NEED to I just said I would love for them to post the info once in a while. The list I’m sure is not entirely up to date or accurate. I just figured that straight from the horses mouth would be cool.

I wasn’t complaining or nagging or being negative. Just getting anxious waiting.

I guess I’ll get down votes for that....

#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I've been told by a trusted source that my #231 is currently "on the line" if that helps your numbering estimates.

Thanks.

I spoke to Spooky last week and knew where they were then. And your info lines up with that.

Like I said just getting bored and anxious

I’ll go play my other pins, watch streams and shut up now.

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

No need to get anxious. Most people who buy Spooky games understand that they are a small company building in batches, so it take some time. I respect the fact they are pragmatic and don't try to grow to quickly. It's insanely difficult to pull off what Spooky has since its inception, so I trust them to keep doing what they are doing. I would much prefer to seem them absent from the forums knowing they are diligently working than posting pointless number updates. Eric has been super engaged with the community and that says a ton about Spooky. You ever see anyone from JJP, Stern or American on the forums interacting with customers as much as Eric? No. Just let Spooky keep building.

I agree with everything you said 100%! Also, I knew the wait I was in for and I’ve been on this thread since day one. Spooky is awesome there is no comparing them to any of the other pinball companies. Love what they do and hope they keep doing it!

But, that doesn’t mean I can’t be a spoiled pinball baby (insert meme of toddler meltdown here) I just want my Rick and Morty already, damn it!

That’s why I made the post because I can’t wait and the excitement is killing me. Wasn’t knocking them or saying I want another pin instead of this one. In fact I want this one so much I have 2 spots!

#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just saw on FB that they’re in the 300s (woohoo! 335 here) sending out build sheets. I believe that was through a distributor though, not sure if that makes a difference.

I wish!

But This is not accurate.

#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why suffer? You only paid a deposit on your R&M, so use the rest to buy a jjGnR, enjoy it for 3-6 months and sell it before you have to pay for the rest of your R&M. Problem solved.

Ha ha, I’m not suffering. I should have RM end of this month to mid November.

I probably will buy a GNR on Monday if it’s as good as all the hype.

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

So you’re too lazy to look through the thread to see where they’re at, then call bullshit when people try to help. Cool. Enjoy your game.

I didn’t say it was bullshit, as I recall. Just said it wasn’t accurate and actually I quoted your post about the post on FB you saw... not the one you have quoted.

Anyway, I’m in the thread every day so I don’t have to look back. Maybe if you were too you’d know that machines are being built out of # order (in the higher numbers) to go over seas.

In the US were only in the 220’s/230’s.

Chill dude. And yes I will enjoy my RM when I get it.

#6211 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah in hindsight that was pretty dickish, I apologize. They seem to be creeping towards our build dates soon and I can’t wait, cheers!

It’s cool.

431B46D7-3440-46F0-9419-B62B46AB7065 (resized).jpeg431B46D7-3440-46F0-9419-B62B46AB7065 (resized).jpeg
#6212 3 years ago

I love this photo they posted in their FB page of all the RM machines on the line.

I’m jealous of the person getting that #2000 Spooky built machine. That would be cool to get that one! If it’s a pinsider I hope they posts some pics!
80CF5F07-7699-4D87-81E0-B92BAA15F0F2 (resized).jpeg80CF5F07-7699-4D87-81E0-B92BAA15F0F2 (resized).jpeg

#6249 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

A couple of us last night decided to spice up R&M, we played for “most balls fondled” only three rules
1. Fondle the most balls
2. You can’t finish with a last place score
3. Any time you tilt we subtract one from your total balls fondled

Quoted from jbigdoggf:

That is awesome... and that should totally be a 'ball fondling champion' metric tracked in high scores (might already be there i don't remember seeing it

Ehh huh huh... he said most balls fondled.
Yeah, yeah.... ball fondling champion.
F3F0C73B-7079-4DFA-B26D-9179032FAD84 (resized).jpegF3F0C73B-7079-4DFA-B26D-9179032FAD84 (resized).jpeg

I vote yes, for ball fondling champion score!

#6364 3 years ago

Just got the request from Chris at Kingpin games for my options sheet for #313!!!

66154B67-9328-465A-8D4D-BA8B520416A3 (resized).jpeg66154B67-9328-465A-8D4D-BA8B520416A3 (resized).jpeg

#6552 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

#260 expected to be on a truck today!

Nice!

They’re cranking them out!

#6601 3 years ago

I have a 2015 Honda pilot and just picked up my JJP GNR on Tuesday from FedEx it fit with the box and the pallet attached!

***The seats close to the front are Also on a upward incline not flat.

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yeah, I'm not sure why spooky didn't cut the decals around the leg protectors. that would have eliminated the issue altogether. stern and jjp both do it with their cabinets and decals.
the fix is to score the decal about 1/16" outside of where the leg protector rests, remove the 2 screws holding the leg protector in place, strip out that portion of the decal and then re-attach the leg protector. this should be done upon arrival of machine, even before setting it up.

This can even be done years later. Last year I bought a transformers LE off of pin side and the decals were all wrinkled by the legs. Took my heat gun to them lifted them up and set them back in place then cut them just like you stated. They look perfect now!

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well...after several weeks and several mistakes, I have finalized the design. If interested, the mod will be available on the PinballLife website sometime in the the next week or so. I chose to distribute through them as it creates the least amount of work for me.
Many thanks to all the Pinsiders that provided comments and support throughout this process. What a great community we have here! Enjoy.
Link to instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M99yqI-EcPWj1QbXQwtzAMZ-CoG1uaATHaIPvZC7L3Y/edit?usp=sharing
[quoted image]
Note: the mod is always lit blue but combined with the playfield light show, it appears to turn colors.
[quoted image]

very nice!

Can we see a picture of it zoomed out with the rest of the play field in the photo, please?

perfect timing... I need to put an order into PL anyway!

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

[quoted image]

Looks amazing!

Nice work!!!

Maybe, post a link once its a available on PBL? (if that's allowed)

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Thanks for the kind comments. The mod will be $50.

$50 bucks for that!!!

EA652DED-7158-4115-B357-D684346E8093 (resized).jpegEA652DED-7158-4115-B357-D684346E8093 (resized).jpeg

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We were shut down for 3 months... We increased to 15-16 games a week to make up for that. So no not another year.
We have been using the exact same decals, the exact same leg protectors, and the same legs for the last 2000 games.
I am currently looking into what caused the sudden issue as I cannot recall 1 single report of this on any of our other games. I am thinking possible defect in the legs but I am not sure.

50/60% increase in production!
That is awesome!

Keep cranking them out Spooky!

Thanks!

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

#234 was delivered yesterday. I'm starting to get it dialed in and it's playing really well, such a fun pin! Absolute first thing everyone needs to do is dial down the sub! Even so I've ordered anti-rattle tape. You may notice the special edition Jerry legs - I pulled them out of storage because the perty purple legs would have damaged the side-art. Waiting for Spooky to come up with a solution or maybe I'll just try felt protectors. Other than that, no real issues out of the box [quoted image]

What’s up with the black legs?
Why aren’t they Kalaxian purple?

Are all the 230’s Jerry editions?

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

There have been some issues with the legs from spooky having a fighters angle than they are supposed to and as a result, digging into the machine a bit. For those without leg protectors on hand, best to use different legs for now. That's why the different legs here.

I knew that.

Good thinking.... I have a spare set of legs to. I’ll have to keep this in mind when I get mine, hopefully in the next 2/3 weeks.

#6804 3 years ago

I have this handy tool I bought from Home Depot for when I was installing floor trim in my basement. I think I’ll try to use this on the legs when I get mine to make sure they are not less than 90 degrees. Pretty sure it will fit.

I’ll have to try it on my spare legs when I get home from work today.

The tool is only like 5/6 bucks. Works great for cutting trim at the right angle though!
3B4199FA-5FF0-42C8-B0B2-E90E47CC3E18 (resized).jpeg3B4199FA-5FF0-42C8-B0B2-E90E47CC3E18 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#7084 3 years ago

This is a great episode with Charlie Emery on the show and Jack danger. Charlie talks about how they’re going to hopefully be able to get all the Rick and Morty’s done earlier than they had planned… I think he said they may be done as early as April, May or June.

Also he mentioned they will probably be doing a TNA 2.0!!! Basically TNA on the line again with maybe some new features but same gameplay. Sweet!!!!

If you haven’t listened to this episode of super awesome pinball show check it out… It’s super awesome

https://podcast.app/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-e120399914/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=share

#7086 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

here is the correct link to the podcast mentioned above (the one above is actually for JJP/GnR)
https://podcast.app/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-e120399914/

Oops

Thanks for posting that correction!

#7109 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My average was 13 seconds.

#7112 3 years ago

Just received my request for payment today!
Request for build sheet 10/8
Request for payment 10/30
3E9FFDB8-BA68-4DDB-9D19-CB6351AD15E8 (resized).jpeg3E9FFDB8-BA68-4DDB-9D19-CB6351AD15E8 (resized).jpeg

Almost time to get Swifty…

#7121 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome.
I’ll give it a listen when I get into the office today.
I really hope they decide to do TNA 2.0.
I would be in on one for sure.

Long show but a great one!
I love this podcast!

I will also be in on a TNA 2.0 for sure!!!

#7195 3 years ago

My two cents...

I’ve had Dead Pool premium for 2 years now. And the sound was “Meh”

So recently I spent a little money on a speaker upgrade (Flipper Fidelity) to make it better, louder and have more bass. Definitely a plus with the music in this pin.

Well I never had the glass rattle before and now I do! So I have to install some anti rattle tape to address it or turn it down. Go figure.

Spooky puts good speakers in their games and we’re complaining about rattling? Would it be better if they used the cheap shit speakers that Stern does?

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

What the game needs is a box for the sub and port holes out the bottom of the cabinet like TNA has.. I wish they would have continued using them on ACNC and R&M but I'm sure it got axed in the BOM

They should offer it as an option
/add on for a fee.

I would be good with that.

#7227 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I do agree that Spooky needs to just turn it down before shipping games. Look at how it brings out the whiny compainers. It just baffles me that so many people see EQ settings as a design flaw. It's laughable. I adjusted mine day one and there is still a ton of bass and the overall sound is so much better than what any other manufacturer ships (with the exception of maybe the new GNR system...I have only played a couple games so I can't judge that one yet). Speaker Gate 2020!

I have a GNR LE and the bass department is definitely lacking. It’s loud and sounds great but not enough bass and I also don’t think there’s an adjustment for the bass either, unfortunately. I’ve looked for it, but maybe I’m wrong?

I need to attach a sub woofer for sure.

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Where are we at on deliveries and invoices and payments I haven’t seen many updates on this lately?

Spooky Luke said they were putting the 320s on the line about a week ago.

I got number 313 (paid for it last Friday) so I called on Monday to see when I can go pick it up (I probably called to quickly) They told me to call back in a week because it’s still on the line. I think once you pay it still takes them another week or two for it to be done.

***i’m not complaining, just an update where I’m at.

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can someone please tell me how tall is the green disc?

https://images.pinside.com/b/24/b24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5/resized/large/b24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5.jpeg

b24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5 (resized).jpgb24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5 (resized).jpg

#7367 3 years ago

That’s a bummer dude.

Was the delivery insured?

Sounds like damage from transportation like Northerndude stated.

#7373 3 years ago

Driving to Spooky on Wednesday to pick up my game... YAY!!!!!!!

Can’t go inside though because of Covid... BOO NOT COOL!!!!

Does anyone know if the spooky box is the same size as a boxed JJP pin? I just picked up GNR about a month ago and that fit inside my Pilot (box and all) so I’m guessing RM will fit too with the box?

Appreciate any info on this.

#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

If you are picking it up, they will have it wrapped (no box). If you asked for the box, it will be strapped to a pallet (and can't be placed on its side).
BTW...Congrats on your game!!!

Cool, thanks.

I guess I don’t really need the box...

#7412 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm on the fence here. If you're inclined to comment or vote... please do.
Thanks
Kerry
Trade R&M BSE #556 for GnR's LE? (link below)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-rampm-bse-nib-position-556-for-nib-gnr-s-le-position

I think it’ll come down to which theme you love more. They are both great pins. I can’t really answer honestly because I don’t actually own RM yet (tomorrow).

I have played it multiple times so if I had to choose after playing both I’d go RM. I’ve owned GNR now for a few weeks and I love it but I know I had a lot more fun gettin my ass handed to me by RM and wanting to play it more.

If you want, ask me again in another week or so after I pick up RM tomorrow.

#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Maybe a probe that lets you know you crammed those megaseeds way up your butthole?

Lmfao. Hilarious!

#7425 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Totally disagree here. I'd play another example. Location game?

I agree, GNR is slower play but it is a great game and the more I play it the more I enjoy it. It’s also not entirely slow play. If you can repeat orbits and the upper loop off the right upper flipper, there’s some speed there. I’ve gotten the left orbit and a couple upper loops and that loop comes around fast just like RM or TGA.

And, you can combo that up with a ramp shot but if course that would slow it back down.

#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Does anyone know what game # Spooky is currently on?

I’d guess they’re in the 350’s

I’m picking up 313 tomorrow.

#7437 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

How long ago did you get contacted about options etc?

Request for build sheet 10/8
Request for payment 10/30
Ready for pick up 11/10

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I paid for 331 on Saturday so I would guess it’s probably on the line this week and will be here maybe late next week?

Yep about 2 weeks.
Just think about something else for now....

#7444 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Sucks you can’t go inside Spooky headquarters when you pick up your game. It was like like a pinball wonderland in there when I picked up my ACNC and got to play the RM prototype with Charlie and friends. Cool day for sure.

Sucks BIG time!

I was really looking forward to going inside, getting a tour, playing some games and doing some shopping.

Oh well, could be worse with Covid ramping up again.

I’m ok with it and we should all try to stay safe. Makes sense and is the right thing to do.

#7458 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Mark sent me some photos of the games as he received them. He states that "They put 8 of the games on top of other games. Yours was one of the ones underneath hence the damage on the top. Travelling 40 days on a ship with 130kg games on top. I think there also must have been some rough weather as it looks like those games on top might have moved around a lot. That’s a lot of weight on the games underneath".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s horrible...

If you look closely in the picture, you can see the guy standing in the background that loaded that thing....

28FBAD8A-5D1F-4F1C-8EAD-EBFCE16CF13F (resized).jpeg28FBAD8A-5D1F-4F1C-8EAD-EBFCE16CF13F (resized).jpeg
#7463 3 years ago

On my way to spooky Pinball to pick up Rick and Morty number 313!

Rick and Morty T-shirt...check!
Krispy Kreme doughnuts and coffee for the minions… Check!

0587C683-900D-45E4-8610-117A0C339825 (resized).jpeg0587C683-900D-45E4-8610-117A0C339825 (resized).jpeg32EEF98F-9E0B-4A31-B7FA-0DDC83BB52E8 (resized).jpeg32EEF98F-9E0B-4A31-B7FA-0DDC83BB52E8 (resized).jpegCC882A9D-15CB-4779-9738-0B1A69B24D90 (resized).jpegCC882A9D-15CB-4779-9738-0B1A69B24D90 (resized).jpeg
#7472 3 years ago

Just picked up Rick and Morty!

Thanks Spooky!

351AF32F-E799-4A30-882C-69A6A4302E5C (resized).jpeg351AF32F-E799-4A30-882C-69A6A4302E5C (resized).jpeg4215AC62-F8C5-4476-85B6-1249BF07E2CD (resized).jpeg4215AC62-F8C5-4476-85B6-1249BF07E2CD (resized).jpegA3B68CA5-7C8A-4175-A675-208B1569E97B (resized).jpegA3B68CA5-7C8A-4175-A675-208B1569E97B (resized).jpegDD8F5AB1-63DC-4CDC-B776-F26064DEA9F4 (resized).jpegDD8F5AB1-63DC-4CDC-B776-F26064DEA9F4 (resized).jpeg
#7475 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Congratulations!
Any idea what #'s were on the line?

Well I couldn’t go inside because of Covid. Total bummer.

But I did ask Morgan and she said what’s on the line are in the 330s.

I thought they would be further along than that.

#7494 3 years ago

Ok... got my RM in the house, down into the basement and “mostly” setup in the pinball room.

Although I got it down my nightmare stairs... it was not without putting a big’ol scratch on my new drywall. So any future pins going up or down I’m going to have to remove the head from now on. Damn it.

I didn’t level it at all because I was too excited just to get it setup so I could play it. Its close because I had a good idea where the legs needed to be because but definitely needs some adjustment.

1st off.... it’s so damn pretty to look at! Hands down the nicest looking pin in my lineup!

Next, it all works ok, as far as I can tell. Even the damn coin lock works!
So no issues. Yay!!!!

I’ve played it about a dozen times. Fuc#in love it!!!! Shots are all working pretty good except for the garage shot from the right upper flipper... I was not able to hit that, not even once yet. I got it plenty from the left flipper and the steep ramp works very good, so far. And, I’m pretty sure I have it set up with too much of an incline. So after I post this and “sometime” tonight I will make all the necessary adjustments to make it play better... maybe. But NO complaints here on “out of the box” operation. Awesome job Spooky!

Lastly, my minor complaints...

The topper is very loud!
The rattle is ridiculous!
And the gameplay is addictive!

Here are some pics from all this crap I’m posting about;

32AA2E25-A421-4982-9C69-F2770CD0EC5D (resized).jpeg32AA2E25-A421-4982-9C69-F2770CD0EC5D (resized).jpegA3C9A9AF-3D30-462A-A197-AA7E8FE9DEF0 (resized).jpegA3C9A9AF-3D30-462A-A197-AA7E8FE9DEF0 (resized).jpegC6B5F13B-BA0B-4D02-A3E7-7B06A8A0CCD1 (resized).jpegC6B5F13B-BA0B-4D02-A3E7-7B06A8A0CCD1 (resized).jpegD2D67614-41A9-44E9-B020-403AF0382FCC (resized).jpegD2D67614-41A9-44E9-B020-403AF0382FCC (resized).jpegD5CA87A0-BB03-4EA9-A7B1-249AEAF649E7 (resized).jpegD5CA87A0-BB03-4EA9-A7B1-249AEAF649E7 (resized).jpegDE025A5D-550E-4F77-A316-7DBBD64FE0C4 (resized).jpegDE025A5D-550E-4F77-A316-7DBBD64FE0C4 (resized).jpegE819C789-E25D-4F50-A2BE-675BF7A66415 (resized).jpegE819C789-E25D-4F50-A2BE-675BF7A66415 (resized).jpegFB43776E-879C-4D9F-881C-743A00E2D3A1 (resized).jpegFB43776E-879C-4D9F-881C-743A00E2D3A1 (resized).jpeg

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Nice lineup! What do you think of GNR?

Thanks!

It’s awesome too.

Lovin it!

#7503 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is that an LE GnR? Where is the LE plate? Interesting never seen an LE without it

I have the plate.

Just been busy
Thanks for reminding me though.

You jinxed it!

I tried putting the numbered plate on and found that they installed screws into the wrong spot!
sent JJP an email about it. Dang it! Another GNR issue...

#7505 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So they supply the plate and screws in a sep envelope and owner screws it in? Never bought a new JJP before. Thought they come like that.

yes, but I'm not sure why?

Maybe it has something to do with their numbering system?

#7506 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Ok... got my RM in the house, down into the basement and “mostly” setup in the pinball room.
Although I got it down my nightmare stairs... it was not without putting a big’ol scratch on my new drywall. So any future pins going up or down I’m going to have to remove the head from now on. Damn it.
I didn’t level it at all because I was too excited just to get it setup so I could play it. Its close because I had a good idea where the legs needed to be because but definitely needs some adjustment.
1st off.... it’s so damn pretty to look at! Hands down the nicest looking pin in my lineup!
Next, it all works ok, as far as I can tell. Even the damn coin lock works!
So no issues. Yay!!!!
I’ve played it about a dozen times. Fuc#in love it!!!! Shots are all working pretty good except for the garage shot from the right upper flipper... I was not able to hit that, not even once yet. I got it plenty from the left flipper and the steep ramp works very good, so far. And, I’m pretty sure I have it set up with too much of an incline. So after I post this and “sometime” tonight I will make all the necessary adjustments to make it play better... maybe. But NO complaints here on “out of the box” operation. Awesome job Spooky!
Lastly, my minor complaints...
The topper is very loud!
The rattle is ridiculous!
And the gameplay is addictive!
Here are some pics from all this crap I’m posting about;
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

*** This is an update to my earlier post;

I played another 25 (or so) more games tonight games but I still have not leveled it or checked the pitch.

*Garage shot from upper right flipper;
The pinball master of the house (my wife) came down and showed me that the garage shot works fine. She made it more than a few times in a just 2/3 games. After that I played again a few times and did the same... so it works just fine with no adjustments. Even my 12 year old son was making the shot too.

*The steep ramp shot worked fine most every time that me, my wife or my 12 year old son hit it. There were a few that didn't make it up but that was because the shots were not clean.

*The loud rattle sound from the bass;
I removed the amplifier (I think thats what it is) because you can't see the controls the way they install them. I adjusted the subwoofer level almost all the way down and I made some minor adjustments to the other controls (bass, treble frequency and sound level) just to make the sound the way I like. Theres no more rattle from the bass in the audio now and the music and game sound is still nice and bass'y (for lack of a better word). The shaker motor does still make the machine rattle a bit but nothing crazy. My GNR does the same when the shaker kicks in. But its tolerable and not annoying like the rattle was from the sub woofer.

*The loud topper; it's still loud and annoying and I'm not sure what I can do for that. I did turn the topper function off while the machine is idle because it was coming on for attraction mode and that was really very annoying.I'm almost tempted to turn the motor off and I would be happy with just the lights maybe. if anyone has a suggestion, LMK please.

Leg issues;
I have one leg only (I think/hope) that I could tell, was too close and pushing into the cabinet and decal. So I removed the 2 front legs and installed some old ones and emailed Spooky a picture of the minor damage from the leg. The rear ones look or seem to look ok but I did not remove them. Maybe tomorrow.

***I had the game on for a good 8 hours and I never had any freeze ups or lock ups either so that’s good. Not sure what code I’m on yet because I haven’t checked.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the gameplay out of the box. Considering, I made no adjustments at all. I did check for loose connections and other stuff before I started it up but everything checked out good. No problems what so ever. So I think Spooky is doing a great job tweaking and improving as they continue to build these machines and work through issues that come up. That or I'm just F'n lucky!

Again GREAT job Spooky Team!!!

Scott Danesi... this game is a blast and its amazing!
Eric and Bowen... the code and all the stuff in this game is also amazing!

#7515 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well the problem is the motor is noisy and totally exposed. I would imagine you could come up with some kind of a cover for it that would dampen the sound a lot, but not completely. Maybe craft a small box our of styrofoam or something that is open on a couple sides to slide over it?
I haven't got my game yet but sounds like a fun project to look at.

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking but just figured I would take the “lazy” way first and see if someone else did something already.

Thanks!

I’ll get around to it sooner or later. If I figure something out I’ll post it.

#7517 3 years ago

Got my mods from the Mod Couple installed. They look really great!

The coaster clips are very tight and I had a hard time getting it on the the plastic ramp. I had to squeeze the ramp pretty good to get it installed. I tried several times to move it around to different places. In the end I had to flip it around (my preference anyway) to get it on and the end of it on one side is not actually clipped on because I didn’t want to squeeze my ramp anymore in fear of breaking. Not sure if this is a ramp issue (consistency of width)or the mod is too tight?

Either way not complaining because I love the way this mod coupled with the Anatomy Park sign/mod transforms the boring ramp into something more fun and brings the game alive a little more. Great mods Yelobird (Mod Couple)!!! Thanks!

8AECFABB-93A1-4F5E-AEE5-DAC76FC3D9F1 (resized).jpeg8AECFABB-93A1-4F5E-AEE5-DAC76FC3D9F1 (resized).jpegEDF02141-AB50-4CB8-9685-5309F9807130 (resized).jpegEDF02141-AB50-4CB8-9685-5309F9807130 (resized).jpeg
#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I am hoping when #544 arrives, I don't have the same issue with the Whirly Dirly mod. I do not want to see the "Funko face" on Rick and would prefer to have mine installed the other way. Love the mod, hate the stupid Funko eyes.

Nah it should be fine. I’m sure I could’ve installed it the other way. Like I said I actually prefer seeing Rick’s face.

Sounds like you dislike Funko pops with a passion. Doesn’t bother me but I get it.

#7561 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Who sells the fan upgrade again? link if you have it...

You can’t hear the fan over the topper!

just kidding, well not really.

I guess the fan doesn’t bother me...

#7587 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I don't know how far away.....can't answer that.
But in Charlies interview on super awesome pinball show a few weeks ago, he talked about new modes already done, waiting on approval. He said he had done some voice acting of a very "spooky" character in a upcoming mode (I really hope it's scary Terry bitch!!). There has also been talk ages ago from Eric of a "Rick potion no.9" wizard mode.
I'm no insider, just what I heard on a podcast

I just picked up my machine on Wednesday and scary Terry is on it already.

#7591 3 years ago

Oh, I just have Scary Terry on the buttons.

Sorry.

#7605 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just an update on Spooky pin flipper coil temp testing with some temps and fade results. I only have a few more beta tests to finish and these will be ready to go. I had to make a custom bracket for Spooky pins since the Spike configuration wouldn't work, and that took extra testing to make sure it was effective. The cooling kit solves the Spooky pin fade problems in all cases.
(These are all at least 60 minutes of continuous play)
Moderate fade with temps in the low-mid 140s:
TNA, Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle
Severe fade with temps in the low-mid 150s (on the right flipper):
Rick and Morty
Still to be tested: Rob Zombie, America's Most Haunted

So I don’t know if this is the same issue some people are having with their right lower flipper or not but I’m sharing this fix I just did on mine because the scenario seemed similar.

So I’m on day 3 of owning RM and yesterday I started noticing the right lower flipper starting to act funny.

Not flipping sometimes, being weak (meaning ball was pushing the flipper back down) not being able to make the left ramp or shoot the ball more than halfway up the playfield and the flipper would also flutter.

So I checked the coil and it was fine, not binding and seemed ok. Then looked at the flipper button and noticed it wasn’t really making good contact because that long plastic bar that gets pressed by the actual button was just barely engaging the leaf switch contacts. So I tried adjusting those but still had issues.

After removing the switch and using what I had on hand here’s a few pictures of what I did to improve the button, lever and switch contact. I just cut some smaller zip ties up and put one small piece of duct tape around it to keep it where I needed better contact.

It’s working great now!

I know there’s a post about a disc or something that’s from the No Fear pin but I didn’t have that and so, like I said, I used what I had on hand.

Also I just want to say thanks to Chris at Kingpin games for helping me out with the issue. I texted him about it and he called me right away to help. Thanks Chris!

****If you make this same fix make sure the zip tie head is placed in line with the top of the closet leaf switch lever. Look closely at the pictures. The picture I took of the plastic lever out where you can see the zip ties and tape clearly is a picture I took of it before I placed in in the correct position.

***I added a pic of the zip tie size that I used 2 of.
24F67161-933E-46F4-8151-EA7BA373DEAE (resized).jpeg24F67161-933E-46F4-8151-EA7BA373DEAE (resized).jpeg3F900806-7923-46EC-B885-0ABCA96D9495 (resized).jpeg3F900806-7923-46EC-B885-0ABCA96D9495 (resized).jpegE401AB7E-9550-4A0D-BA06-22FC577505E6 (resized).jpegE401AB7E-9550-4A0D-BA06-22FC577505E6 (resized).jpegF3F8EBAA-1D94-4FB8-A17F-121421785564 (resized).jpegF3F8EBAA-1D94-4FB8-A17F-121421785564 (resized).jpeg
A91F0194-B72F-4AE8-B5D9-CBE4A9629799 (resized).jpegA91F0194-B72F-4AE8-B5D9-CBE4A9629799 (resized).jpeg

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Now we can see how backwards staging is possible only from adjustment, and without swapped wires
Normally that first switch blade would be longer, meaning it Must close before the second switch can be pushed closed. Not sure why such an unusual reach-over (and short blade?) setup has been used. I suppose there must be some good reason.

The flipper leaf switches sit lower due to the plunger coil mech.

There’s just not enough room for normal placement so they were forced to lower it and use the plastic lever to extend and continue the reach of the strike on the flipper button. Unfortunately, that plastic lever doesn’t do a great job of making contact on both switches/contacts.

IMO....It’s too flexible and when you press the flipper button it gets pushed way up at the top where the flipper button is but the contacts are much lower about halfway down that extended plastic lever. So a lot of the pressure that’s normally applied by the plunger of the button directly onto the switch contacts is lost/wasted at the top.

98E4E418-7965-49E3-8F78-607EBEC41DC1 (resized).jpeg98E4E418-7965-49E3-8F78-607EBEC41DC1 (resized).jpeg
#7627 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Dumb noob question but how do you tighten a lock down bar ? are there adjustments ?

The ones you can tighten have two screws underneath on the machine when you lift off the lock down bar. RM does not.

#7637 3 years ago

They might look pretty nice on top of the back box with a pinball in its arms (instead of butter).

#7651 3 years ago
Quoted from jayfrost:

Thought I would update this thread with delivery info. Machine number 312 is now (rightfully) sitting home in Chicago. As the machine was very cold since it was stored in a trailer for delivery over the weekend, it will be resting and warming up before powering it on. Glad its home and looking forward to trying it out very soon.
[quoted image]

Make sure your machine legs are not pushing into the cabinet. If you look straight down at them you should see a very small gap between the leg and the cabinet. I have #313 and my 2 front legs had the issue.

By the way, did you get the Rick edition?
I think I see a bottle of whiskey under that pinball machine!

Time to get wrecked! For science.

#7796 3 years ago

Just want to report that I have had ZERO freeze ups, lock ups, resets... or, or whatever (Rick voice).

I'm one week in on ownership (picked up #313 on 11/11) and I have 200+ games in on it.

This game is amazing! I have GNR too and this game is getting most all my attention. I've only played GNR a handful of times since I got RM.
Not bashing GNR by any means.... I love GNR too and it is also an amazing game but the game play is so additive on RM compared to GNR. I've had GNR since 10/16 and it only has right around 300 games on it. I'll probably blow pass that amount of games on RM after this weekend.

Besides the 2 front legs and right lower flipper issue that I posted no other issues (at all) and I have made no adjustments. Oh sorry, forgot I turned down the subwoofer to reduce rattle.... but it plays perfect and all shots are good straight out of the box.

#7834 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

FYI. I still have a handful of the blue crystal mods in anyone is interested. The price is $55 shipped. Just send me a PM if you would like to purchase. Keep safe!

These are great and look sweet people!! Don't hesitate.
The only single negative could be is they don't turn off, but the mod gives a great look to the game!!

I just sent you payment on PayPal and sent you PM.

Lmk know if there’s a way to wire it where the light doesn’t always stay on.

Thanks!

#7835 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Then you would obviously choose the option to leave it as it is... how is it wrong to want a simple option to not want it how you want it? Have you no will power so that if the option is there you won't be able to resist flipping it to random and then go and spoil the game for yourself?
It's already random after the first repetitive dimensions, so it would be a piece of cake to make it all random... and satisfy those here that are complaining about repetition... easy code tweak for great improvement for those who want it... and those who don't have ZERO reason to complain at the thought of it because they can simply leave it turned off... win win...

Probably will get some downvotes for this but here go...

I think if Eric was planning to make a change on this dimensions “topic” he would’ve said so already. He was pretty clear in his post about the dimensions and how it operates.

This game is amazing guys and if you don’t own one I don’t think you should be on this thread talking about makings changes to the code. That’s Eric’s job and he does a pretty damn good job with it!

I don’t think he should start making changes to appease a few people complaining about something they don’t like/prefer about a way the game is coded. Honestly, I think Eric was way to nice with his response and he should’ve responded to the suggestions with this meme;

5394B0D9-97ED-43D7-B3DB-15495CFAD840 (resized).jpeg5394B0D9-97ED-43D7-B3DB-15495CFAD840 (resized).jpeg
#7852 3 years ago

The light show is amazeballs. So are the audio/video elements (obviously).

The whole game is Amazeballs!!!

Last night I got my highest score and highest combo!

I’m feeling pretty confident that’s going to take my wife a little bit to top that score... maybe.

When you get all 5 balls in play multi ball is so much fuc#in fun on this game! And, hilarious when Rick has to “adjust his balls”because the one in the trough got used.

576347C0-C7CD-4985-8F73-75C742036AC2 (resized).png576347C0-C7CD-4985-8F73-75C742036AC2 (resized).png8DF1860A-98D4-4489-A0E3-2DFF09932E47 (resized).png8DF1860A-98D4-4489-A0E3-2DFF09932E47 (resized).png
#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Just adjusted the EOS switches. Shots from the tips seemed weak before. Left wasn't too_ bad but the right one the EOS switch was closing either halfway through the stroke or maybe a little less than halfway. No wonder a lot of my shots wouldn't make it up the left ramp frequently even with the flipper strength raised.

Did you install the no fear disc on the right flipper? *Key post

Otherwise you can try what I did with some small wire ties. *Also a key post

I have no issues whatsoever making the left ramp and can make it multiple times.

#7889 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did I read earlier in this thread someone came up with a way to encase the topper motor and make it quieter?

After I got my game I complained of it and someone suggested I come up with a fix.

It really needs something that’s for sure because it is loud. But, we can’t complain too much now.... remember it was free!!!

#7894 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not complaining at all, but I think we can find something to muffle it.

I agree... just not on the top of my list of things to do.

Lmk if you come up with something

#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

This game appears to be for sale if anyone is interested... Facebook post...
[quoted image]

Oh he must’ve gotten one of Spooky’s worst machines.... you know, the ones with a bad coin door lock.

#7934 3 years ago

I know you're making light of that whole situation but really, Spooky has some attention to detail and QA issues. I don't think it's a funny situation especially how they handled it.

So.... was that ever implied by my comment? That it was a funny situation? I don’t think so.... and how does anyone know from a random screenshot of a Facebook post on here how it was handled? I don’t, and I don’t do Facebook so I didn’t go looking into it.

Look, believe me, I feel bad for anyone that has a bad experience with a NIB purchase But, as far as I know, I don’t think that experience was posted here on this thread.

So a little humor about something most are familiar with here on this thread doesn’t mean i’m poking fun at this guys situation or laughing about that. If you’re in the Spooky thread you should appreciate the humor in that comment about the coin door lock and that’s it. Thats all that was intended by my comment.

Lighten up bro... don’t assume I meant something else.

#8028 3 years ago

Just walked by Eric’s office and saw this sign on his door.

26994754-2896-46BD-8D5D-93FE41F0C56A (resized).jpeg26994754-2896-46BD-8D5D-93FE41F0C56A (resized).jpeg

Don’t worry Eric... you still have have some pinsiders that love what you do.

It’s been 2 weeks since I got my RM and I’ve put 330 games on it so far. Running latest code and no freeze ups or issues.

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Answered two of my questions. I feel so special. Happy Thanksgiving. Your game is amazing. One day I hope to come across a TNA.

You will because they are planning to make more of them. (Per Charlie at Spooky.)

I can’t wait to buy that one to!
Love RM can’t stop playing it.

#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

You know whats funny I had the same problem When I got #77. I played maybe 10 games and started tweaking/adjusting the orbit rails and the 3rd flipper basically dialing-in R&M since I had a early build and played another 10-15 games.
R&M was Sitting unplayed for about a week due to work schedule when I finally got the chance to play some R&M I check the audits for shits and giggles and notice I had 273 plays in my audits I was blown away I had so many plays knowing I only played less than 50 games. I thought I was going crazy I even accused my son of playing the game while I was at work he told me he hasn’t even played any games lol. I wasn’t mad I was just confused on what was happening but now I’m glad I wasn’t going crazy I figured the audits had previous plays that wasn’t deleted by spooky before it was shipped.

Damn kids... playing my pinball machines!

Ha ha, that’s too funny!

I’m sure you are like most of us, you wish the kids would play more pinball!

I will say this though, my 15 year old definitely likes RM the most out of my line up of pins. He actually said after playing it “this is the best one.”

The 12 year old still play’s Deadpool more but only because it less of an ass kicker, I think.

#8137 3 years ago

I was somewhat floored that I had to adjust the garage shot on #297. Still need to do the scoop adjust. Had to cut my flipper switch. Cash box rail is not screwed in all the way and for some smart reason they used square heads so I gotta dig one of those out. Sub is stupid loud and even with game volume down to 2 (1 has no sound... I would think that would be zero, but what do I know) and the knobs on the amp fully adjusted it's still annoying. I don't think too much has changed in production from #1.

Wow.... is all I can say to your post.

All the stuff spooky has posted on this thread and their efforts to address issues/concerns... pretty harsh to say nothing has changed since #1 was produced.

Now I know why other manufacturers stay out of the threads

Spooky just got Cronenberged...

68274655-FA9E-4EFA-8957-3F6C1C4C72B1 (resized).jpeg68274655-FA9E-4EFA-8957-3F6C1C4C72B1 (resized).jpeg

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That was a heck of a game by your son and props doing it starting with 0 adventures (default is 4 I believe but I have mine set at 2). You can get a second extra ball after completing the Morty card.
I would love to hear a review of the cooling kits once you get them installed. The game does get harder when the flippers start fading in long games as it becomes almost impossible to backhand the right ramp and you need a near perfect shot to make the left ramp. If they work well I may end up ordering a set as well.

Please tell me your son is at least an adult and not some snot nose 12/13 year old kid

My best game so far is around 32 million!
Are we just all Jerry’s???

#8311 3 years ago

I have a question about Meeseeks mania or multiball...

Whenever I’m in the Meeseeks mania/multi ball I always hear the machine say “I’m counting to three Jerry” and then shortly after that I’ll end up draining usually and get the Looserrrrrrr call out.

So my question is this; is there a shot that I’m supposed to make towards the end of Meeseeks mania? It’s so chaotic I never know what the hell I’m supposed to be doing!

#8465 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You and kermit24 nailed me...I'm definitely more of an "on the fly" type of player, and end up panic flipping! As you say, it's insane (actually feels like the game is attacking me I've actually never had a game humiliate me quite like RAM! This feedback really helps...I'll have to try a different approach...more trapping and breathing! Despite the abuse, you know I love the game and won't give up until I "get it".

Don’t forget more beer!

Just don’t get riggity riggity wrecked!

#8622 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Tried whyisnow's method. it 100% works.
Glass rattle 100% fixed for 5 cents in 5 minutes. 100% reversible and invisible to player.
Step 1. Get some zip ties.
Step 2. Cut end of zip tie to get thinnest part of zip tie. Various sizes can be used to various effect.
Step 3. Cut small slit between glass holder and wood where zip tie will be inserted.
Step 4. Wedge plastic zip tie in open spot.
Step 5. Completely push in.
Doesn't matter what color zip tie you use as you can't see it after installation. Glass is now more firmly wedged in and has no flex in the channel.
Glass rattle 100% removed even at movie theater sound commercial levels.
Good luck!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The zipties under the glass does work really well! I just installed some and no more glass rattle!!!

Yesterday I had installed the subwoofer spacer on my machine that someone else posted but that didn’t really help much on my machine. But no big deal it was relatively cheap and worth the try.

I just want to add on the zip tie trick... you don’t have to cut anything on the machine to add them but definitely you need to cut the large head off the zip tie end.

I just lifted the glass channel slightly with my fingertips/nails and wedged a total of 4 zip ties in underneath the glass. 2 on each side 1 towards the top and 1 towards the bottom.

****after posting this I turned my volume up to 7 and got a little rattle again. So I just added a couple more cut zip ties (total of 6 now, 3 on each side) and sounds great again. No rattle.

You will have to remove them and re-install them anytime you remove the glass but it just takes a minute to do.

It really works great though!!!

Here are some pics;

0F3BC7ED-0271-4E7C-9940-50E889B1314D (resized).jpeg0F3BC7ED-0271-4E7C-9940-50E889B1314D (resized).jpeg58FD575A-A9EE-49F2-9435-86C19A444CB9 (resized).jpeg58FD575A-A9EE-49F2-9435-86C19A444CB9 (resized).jpeg733D5FF3-FB24-4036-A703-506180C573A7 (resized).jpeg733D5FF3-FB24-4036-A703-506180C573A7 (resized).jpegB44E36CD-48CF-48A5-91FC-82A3A3439B8E (resized).jpegB44E36CD-48CF-48A5-91FC-82A3A3439B8E (resized).jpeg

#8624 3 years ago

Ohh I thought it was a spinning fixture. That's what it looked like in that arrangement with the plastic sitting up like that.

That would be really great though... a spinning portal instead of the clear opening on the garage door.

I was thinking of printing a small picture of a portal on a translite like material and putting it there.

Or even better a holographic one like on Ghostbusters!

Would make a great mod!

#8635 3 years ago

How about a plumbus start button???

You could press the dingle bop to start the game. (gross)

I laughed the first time the plumbus tilt warning came up on the lcd screen and my 15 year old was playing.... he was like “eowwwwww” what the hell is that? (He doesn’t watch Rick and Morty) hilarious!

15E01AA5-0BFB-4D16-9E5B-9F4CA97EE1BF (resized).jpeg15E01AA5-0BFB-4D16-9E5B-9F4CA97EE1BF (resized).jpeg
#8655 3 years ago

Wait, am I missing something?

What’s wrong with airing your balls out?
I thought that was a good thing...

Ha ha! All kidding aside, I haven’t had any airballs off my right ramp that I can recall on my machine. I’m a good 400+ games in.

I think I’ve had a couple balls shoot up on top of the plastic under the Rick ship but they just bounced off something else.

#8713 3 years ago

Aww bitch, new code????

Cough, cough... All of a sudden I’m not feeling well. I think I might have to call my boss and go home early.

Ha ha

Can’t wait to check it out when I get home from work tonight!

#8742 3 years ago

Wish I could be home to join in on the fun...

Stupid job!

#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Great, I'm glad to see the updates keep coming !
Can't wait to have mine, #501 here
I'm following this forum, but trying not to look at too much videos so I can discover it for myself !
**For those who have been playing, would you say a way to cool the flipper coil is needed or just nice to have ? (talking about flipper fade)

My personal experience; haven’t seen any flipper power fade on my machine

#8820 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This game just went from A to Fuckin' A.
Love it.

Agree 100%

New code is awesome! I played last night for about an hour and saw some of the new stuff (and heard new Rick call outs) but looking forward to the weekend to see more!

Thanks Spooky!!!

#8899 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just checking do you need to unzip the code in any way before installing?

No you don’t

After I downloaded mine I just dragged it to the folder of my USB stick.

#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Setting some new highs on a snowy Wisconsin Saturday morning!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

194 million...

DA479CE5-19FE-408A-8F08-D1D0E4ADF9D7 (resized).jpegDA479CE5-19FE-408A-8F08-D1D0E4ADF9D7 (resized).jpeg
#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm glad to hear that you appear to have located the issue. I was thinking about you this afternoon when I was playing my R&M and was paying more attention to my left ramp shots...I make them with such ease, the ball sometimes can really go flying up and around to the upper flipper at speed.
On another issue, when I hit the right orbit shot to the garage, the ball sometimes goes so fast through there that it skips right over the hole and comes back down. I'm sure that this happens to everyone to one degree or another, but it really seems to happen more often than I think it should. Maybe 20% of the time.
Is there anything that can be done about this? Seems like the options to fix this would be pretty limited.

This has also happened to me but only a couple times. I am at factory flipper settings. Just figured it was a fluke?

#9033 3 years ago

Can washers be installed below the playfield in-between the entire flipper and coil metal bracket they are attached to? To pull the entire assembly away or down? To bring the flippers closer to the playfield?

#9064 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Yo' pinball people.
Ok... spent some time on the phone with the mfg. We have never changed anything in the flipper mechs and have been running the same everything since day one here at Spooky over the course of well over 2,000 games to date in that regard.
BUT... looking at older Spooky games here vs Rick and Morty ... you pinball maniacs ain't wrong. The flippers do sit a bit higher with this same ol' same ol' Wms style bushing.
ALSO BUT... some of you do see this as a problem. And we all do agree here that this CAN BE IMPROVED REGARDLESS.
So... since it can be improved... our manufacturer has agreed to work with us and yep, we'll be getting our very own Spooky Pinball specific flipper bushing tooling put together.
Anyone who feels they want to change theirs out, give us an email: [email protected] ... it will take a couple months (best guess) to get this tooling change tested, made, and in stock but we'll happily replace your bushings and obviously they'll be factory installed on all future production.
So there you have it... you spoke, we listened. Anyone who wants a set of 3 bushings for Rick and Morty we'll happily ship you them free of charge.
Hope that helps, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Peace, love, and all things pinball ya'll.

Hey Charlie.... sign me up for the next spooky pinball machine!

No seriously, can I put a deposit down on TNA 2.0 yet!!!

You guys are fuc#in awesome!
521786C5-BB9F-491F-9660-C9D953FCDE3D (resized).jpeg521786C5-BB9F-491F-9660-C9D953FCDE3D (resized).jpeg

#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What if mine has always let me shoot the left smoothly & backhand the right? I love it that way!

Mine is fine to.

I can hit the left ramp all day long and I can also back hand the right ramp very easily.

what gives?

Are the people having the issues with the right flipper weakness making the adjustment where they add the No Fear disc or not?

#9132 3 years ago

I like my shaker in R&M, I have it on low, and its a real good subtle but effective shaker action

Agreed, and if you get the base controlled by inserting the zip ties under the glass it’s a huge difference. You can Differentiate the base and the shaker a lot more once you get that base controlled.

I highly highly recommend just lifting the channel for the glass and inserting some zipties just as Whysnow Posted long ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
412 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinball-obsessed. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-obsessed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/1?tu=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.