(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

604 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jonesjb. You are on page 1 of 3.
#37 4 years ago

In to celebrate on the official launch day! In with 143!

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

At least one... there could be more, but at least one

Do we know who’s volunteering to have their game there?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Same for me:
Butter and Krusman.... plus almost every other option- still debating one or two.
First NIB. Might as well go all in!

Which options are you on the fence on?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Bill accepter Space ( I’d use for headphones)
Coin box ( I’d use to keep bits in)

I’d go with the bill acceptor definitely. Even if you don’t install the headphones immediately, you’d have the option for sometime in the future

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

The evil Morty song (‘For The Damaged Coda’) never played during the entire stream. Instead we only heard Scott’s remix of the R&M theme after game over. I hope the song hasn’t been removed.

I was wondering this as well.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would really like to see a mode with Scary Terry.
That and Tiny Rick.

I feel like Scary Terry is one of those voices, that if you couldn't get the original actor, you'd be able to get someone who sounds so close as an impersonation. Such few words would be necessary for the mode.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

ya the art blades seem meh

Are the art blades in Rick and Morty art style? Or just generic planet illustrations?

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Just got email from Spooky, Lyons Classic Pinball's BSE Rick and Morty is ready to ship! Hopefully playable at LCP in a week or so. Will keep ya posted.

ghostbc nice! What number are you?

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This thread needs some key posts. Here, I'll do my best:
Some, but not all of the current game junk as of Today:
SKILLSHOT:
- Regular skill shot is the "Noob Noob" target between the Inner Loop and the Garage.
- Super skill shot is the garage.
- Hitting the Inner Loop will multiply the skill shot up to 9x
SLAM SAVE:
- There's an insert by the pop bumper pointing to the drain. If that's on, you have a slam save.
- If the ball hits the pop and then drains immediately, the slam save returns your ball.
- To re-light the slam save, you have to complete the "S-L-A-M" in/out lanes.
- The Slam save is not used if your Immortality Field is still running
- The Slam save is disabled during multiball.
MEESEEKS:
- Added by hitting the Meeseeks box target on the right just below the upper flipper.
- You can also get a Meeseeks as a Mystery award.
- Up to 3 Meeseeks at a time can be on the PF in normal play.
- Having a Meeseeks on a shot, BEFORE it goes bad, will multiply the value of whatever that shot gives you
- Having a Meeseeks on a shot, AFTER it goes bad, will divide the shot
- Those multiplier values are indicated by color on the "2x 3x 4x" lights in the middle. Blue = Multiply / Purple (bad) = Divide
- More Meeseeks = More multiplier, so 3 active Meeseeks is how you get the 4x
- Meeseeks do not go away until collected, but reset when the ball drains.
- There is a vanity high score for most Meeseeks used.
- More fun Meeseeks stuff coming soon.
DIMENSIONS:
- You have to charge up the portal gun (vertical stack of inserts in the middle of the PF) to open the portal.
- Any "loopy" shot will add a bit of charge (ramps, orbits), but the spinner adds the most.
- A combo shot from the inner orbit to the garage is always an instant portal.
- Once the portal is open, you have to get to the garage to change dimensions.
- For the first several, you can get there from the right orbit as well as the garage shot.
- When you change dimensions, overall things about the game change and Megaseeds are lit to collect.
- There are all different kinds of dimensions, some are silly, some are cool, some add scoring, some disable game features. Endless possibilities.
- The Megaseeds are what you really want in the other dimensions. Every seed you collect is 5% of your total ball score in bonus, and they last the whole game.
- The portal gun will slowly drain while you are in another dimension - making shots/spinners can fill it back up.
- If you fill it completely (or collect all the Megaseeds) you can jump to another dimension without going back to C-137 first.
- If you jump dimensions, that new dimension will have 4 seeds instead of 3
- Remember to look for orange flashing lights, those are your seeds.
- The last 2 digits of the player score shows you how many Megaseeds you have at all times
- There is also an instant-info page about what your current bonus value is
- There is a vanity award for both "Most Dimensions" and "Most Megaseeds"
GROMFLOMITE BATTLE:
- Locks are lit with the "flooble crank" (remote captive ball between the Right ramp and Rick's ship)
- Lock 2 balls and the scoop lights to start multiball.
- During the Battle, all shots light for jackpots.
- Collecting jackpots is how you light the Super - first super takes 1 jackpot, 2nd takes 2 and so on.
- Collecting the Super will reset all the other jackpots.
- The Super Jackpot value is a base value PLUS any collected jackpots, so getting more before you collect the super is valuable.
- The Super Jackpot is in the garage. For the first one you can get it from the right orbit, after that it's garage shot only.
- If you hit the inner loop (where the spinner is) before you hit the super, you can multiply the value.
- There is an add-a-ball on the flooble crank during the battle.

I think you mentioned on the stream that there can be a max of 3 Meeseeks, I'm wondering how this works with the insert lighting:

3 good Meeseeks: 4X is blue
2 good Meeseeks, 1 bad: 3X is blue, 2X is purple
2 bad Meeseeks, 1 good: 3X is purple, 2X is blue
3 bad Meeseeks: 4X is purple

If you have 3 bad Meeseeks, is it possible to add additional good Meeseeks (there look to be 8 or so Meeseeks inserts)? Or do you have to clear one bad one before adding a good one?

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So meeseeks are assigned to specific shots, and not over the whole PF, got it. But I'm a little confused about the "divisor" aspect: does that mean a shot is merely only worth 2x instead of 4x, or that it divides a shot's normal value by 2 (or 3, or 4)? And divisors are only assigned to specific shots again, right?
(on a somewhat related note, I keep thinking a "drain in this dimension and your score is divided by x" would be a deliciously evil-fun mode to have )
BTW really appreciated your narration and explanation of gameplay during the stream! Great job from the whole team - everyone richly deserves all the accolades thus far.

For divisors, I take it for purple shots:

2X = half value
3X = a third of the value
4C = a quarter of the value.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

It's not variety of modes I'm concerned with. It's the ability to progress through them and get to a wizard mode.
This is obviously personal, but when I think of any great games, I think of the journey of it. Getting to Valinor in LOTR. Defeating all the king's men to fight the King of Payne in MM. Even killing 115 walkers in TWD to get to what you think might be safety, just to be thrown back into zombie hell again.
I hope that R&M shoots in a way that I keep wanting to play to see that wizard mode. Fingers crossed

Play better.

The more adventures the better. Just change the pre-punched card numbers if you need to get to the wizard mode quickly. I still haven’t completed the Final Battle in my Shadow, and the allure of trying keeps it fresh.

#299 4 years ago

I get the math but not the specific application. Especially when "2x" could be purple (divisor) but "3x" is lit (multiplier) at the same time. Does that apply as "some shots are now divide (what?) by 2 while others multiply (what?) by 3"... or is it like an algebraic equation (multiply all by 3 then divide that by 2)... or something else?
Also, if you can only have no more than 3 meeseeks at a time, and the oldest ones age out to divisor-mode first before disappearing, is it even possible to get a 4x divisor?

I think blue shots equal the total number of Meeseeks on the pin (total good and bad)

Purple shots is the divisor math I shared previously.

#301 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think blue shots equal the total number of Meeseeks on the pin (total good and bad)
Purple shots is the divisor math I shared previously.

So if there are two blue Meeseeks and one purple, blue shots would be 4x, and purple shots would be half.

It’s clever since it provides enough incentive (using total Meeseeks as opposed to just good ones) to try to add as many Meeseeks as possible, but get them quickly (as opposed to making you think whether or not you want to risk adding a Meeseeks).

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

3 bad meeseeks = 1/4 score on the shot you hit with a bad meeseeks.
No meeseeks = 1x (aka, normal points)
1 meeseks = 2x
2 meeseeks = 3x
3 meeseeks = 4x
Whatever color is on the multiplier/divisor, if you hit a shot with that color meeseeks, that's what you get.

This is accurate. You can choose a normal one if you wish. There may even be incentives to do so; but that's all pending.

Rejuvenate Meeseeks could be a good mystery award (if it doesn’t already exist).

Although, having more meeseeks turn bad means more of the available shots are flipped as well, right? So I guess it would still turn to chaos eventually

There is a three Meeseeks max it seems (good or bad).

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nah, that might get us in trouble with Costco.

Meeseeks Mayhem multiball?

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Purgenol target that raises all coil settings 10-15% for a limited time during the purge mode.
It would be a bloodbath.

Or low gravity dimension with stronger flippers.

Quoted from delt31:

Sorting the Kaneda interview Scott also confirmed the evil morty music has been pulled for now due to licensing but hopeful it will return
Great interview asking the good questions

Agree it was an enjoyable interview with good discussion. It’s worth checking out: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/kanedas-pinball-podcast/id1073821815#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2010%3Atracks%2F762205384

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Bernardspop:

During the new stream, I see that the search light (light beams) during Multiball has double or triple. I rather see it back to one as shown in the Sneak Peak video
~ Less is more!

I respectfully disagree here, if it was to be a spotlight then yes. But I like the new lightshow better - My take on the lighting (from the animation on the display) is that it's not white lights, but red light alarms going off, and the new lighting display simulates multiple red lights.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Sounds like a swinging plumbus in a lit box going where the bill validator would be. That would look pretty disturbing

I don't think it is... I think it's something far cuter.

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Shakers are great and absolutely add to the overall experience. Plenty of recent games use them very well. Jurassic Park with the T-Rex stomping is one example, but there are lots of opportunities to use them in this game.

Shaker dimension or earthquake planet.

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Super struggling to decide on powder coated coin door or not. I really like the look, wifey thinks the black looks better and matches the black of the cabinet flows in better.

Purple is the correct answer. Trust me.

#473 4 years ago

For those who have seen all the episodes, and are waiting for your pin to arrive, here's something to did you over (well at least for six+ minutes). The Rick and Morty: Non-Canonical Adventures. How many films can you name? I got all but two:

#517 4 years ago

I understand that the adventure card can be prepunched a certain amount. But how many adventures is it before Morty get's to pick his adventure? I believe some have mentioned that you can pick the adventure after you've played/lit 10, but shouldn't it be after nine adventures are completed (that you get to pick the 10th adventure - the final on the card)?

Anyway, please excuse me, I'm a bit of a stickler Meeseeks.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

[quoted image][quoted image]
My first game i finished with 2.6 million. Still currently playing but plan on getting them numbers up

I’d like to see some on site video clips! How are the shots?

#636 4 years ago

Where is Pickle Rick? Is he still under the flipper? I thought I saw an image on Facebook of one of the released machines that had Pickle Rick unhidden again.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So this just popped up in my ad stream...[quoted image]

What company is this?

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I wish the game started with a bit of juice in the anti-grav, cause it's so much fun to use!

A fully charged magna-save could be a cool award given for a successful skill shot from a launched ball.

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

For those of us who are in on this and excited about it but have young children, this would be a freaking AWESOME feature. Maybe a menu in settings that could toggle individual modes on or off? epthegeek is that possible? Pretty please?

Just put some cardboard over the screen.

#716 4 years ago

Can anyone post a video of the lightshow of the portal in the garage?

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

like how a lot of locations are getting their games first... hope our location can still make money on this game by the time we get it

Are a lot of people are flying from Miami to WI to try the game?

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

sorry everyone is just super aggressive against anyone with anything short of super positive to say... I spoke to them initially about the way the numbering was going to work and they mentioned locations and events would get priority, I told them that I WAS a location and got no response

Sell it. What number are you?

#753 4 years ago

I’m planning to design an instruction card in the design artwork of plumbus instructions.

#766 4 years ago

Is the preference here for me to add Plumbus images or for me to use the plumbus instruction art style to create images that correspond gameplay instructions?

7F75D599-D5E3-458C-A934-B6A50F8D7357 (resized).jpeg7F75D599-D5E3-458C-A934-B6A50F8D7357 (resized).jpeg
#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

What about something simple?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine would be created from scratch: hand drawn illustration manually converted to vector then packaged in InDesign using best practices in typography and layout.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Show us yours!

I will when done. I have create it first. I'll be waiting for my pin to arrive, so I can align the images with the playfield.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Great, thanks! Matching up to the green of the stickers above the card holders might look good, too.

I like that, monochrome with some slight green tint. I'd want to color match to the pantone color.

#787 4 years ago

I had the opportunity of playing R&M for the first time this evening at Jackbar in NYC and thoroughly enjoyed it. I won't post my full review, but a couple of takeaways:

I like the randomness mode selection, coupled with the distinct rules per mode, and video assets. I can see this really making each game a unique experience since you never really know what mode combo you will jump into (and there is no way to control). This will become more and more impressive as additional modes are added. Love a good mode based game, and this is well positioned to be one of the best. I'm hard pressed to think of another recent mode based game that brought it all together as well as R&M.

I don't think this has been discussed, but there is a cool light show effect in the garage that uses the clear glass/plastic, similar to a Pepper Ghost. There is a ring of 6 or 7 LED's surrounding central LED, it looks like it's within the ceiling and reflects off the glass. I took a photo while a game wasn't active (normally it's green and moving, and at a different more natural, correct angle). It works well.
IMG_3131 (resized).JPGIMG_3131 (resized).JPG

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: I had another look and it's actually 4 LED lights in the ceiling, shaped like a diamond (there was double reflection when I noticed it before). Same effect and beautiful lightshow, but just wanted to clarify.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

You cant really convert a hand drawn pic to vector... You "can" But its not the result you want. If you want that, you have to hand draw your vector. Its also unnecessary for this size.

Yes, correct... This is what I was referring to when I said "manually converted". And yes, it will be small size, but I prefer the vector for the art I'm imagining for the precision I can apply to the different stroke widths (to correspond with an Ikea/Plumbus instruction manual style).

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those considering the custom Rick and Morty back box hinges
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0101-00
And want to see how they look installed heres the stock hinge vs the custom ones.

Thanks for sharing! I think I prefer the default ones. The green clashes with the black and breaks up the unity by adding an other distracting element.

#826 4 years ago

Quick question about the rules... I noticed when I lit the adventure mode start (via ramps), sometimes the mode start is the center shot but other times it's the right orbit or left portal shot. How is the mode start shot decided, is it meant to be different for various modes?

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Right now it's just Pickle Rick, because it made the most sense thematically - Bowen requested that it start from the garage. There's one other adventure planned so far that will likely start from the garage, I think.

That makes sense, and as more modes are added, it will be more random (currently garage = Pickle Rick)

Maybe a summer gets bigger mode!

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'd love to see a Summer mode, Summer Get's Bigger or Keep Summer Safe, would be awesome! But given Spooky doesn't have the rights to the voice assets, I don't see it happening

And between those two, I’d prefer Keep Summer Safe.

#848 4 years ago

And Data East Jurassic Park.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Finally got a good one. Filled up adventure card and visited enough dimensions to get an extra ball![quoted image][quoted image]

Calling attention to the portal lighting affect in your photo, you've captured a great shot of the illuminated bank of 4 LED's reflected into the portal.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Have you seen it in person? Does it warrant an upgrade to an actual reflected video screen? That was the suggestion but with the actual lights there does it serve the purpose/illusion well enough?

harryhoudini I have seen the lights in person, and the effect is subtle but still effective. However, I think a reflected video screen of portal could definitely be a worthy mod and add to the effect. If done right it could be an impressive feature and would likely be a popular mod.

#944 4 years ago

Well gollee shit, why stream anything at all then? A few players posted adequate gameplay write-ups, and none other than the coder himself has posted adequate ruleset descriptions... if that should be enough why are we promoting and asking for more streams at all? Especially when we already had one a week ago?!

WTF?

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome.
That’s sounds like something I would do while drinking.
Quite often packages show up and my wife asks “what did you order now”?

Could be worse: http://www.theonion.com/man-with-complete-mamas-family-video-library-never-goin-1819565279/amp

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Noticed something else. Not sure if this is a coil protection thing or what but the right flipper (might be both) on this game gets weak. Especially in multiball or when center scoop fires at it. I can see the flipper lose hold.

That was happening on the one I played too, not sure if it was just getting overheated from all the gameplay?

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I hope it's something which can be adjusted. I like to play marathon sessions, and overheating issues after less than two hours of play would be a huge bummer.

Actually to clarify, the issue I saw was the right flipper getting weak shooting up the left ramp NOT failing to catch when shot out of the center shot (this I’ve seen on Game of Thrones when the dragon shot kicks out).

#1105 4 years ago

Dang, from the beat up post rubbers and the deep ball track in the spinner shot guide that game has been getting played to death, but the playfield still looks glass smooth!
Wasn't long ago we were being told by other guys that dimpling was just how things would be, and even that "they all did that and self-leveled over time". Ha! Way to go and prove em wrong, spooky!

It’s weird right? Because the Stranger Things playfields seem quite dimpled. Some say this is normal, but I disagree.

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think light blue might look nice, but I get the choice of white by spooky. The game uses so much light, the white probably looks best to reflect the colored lights.

Exactly, white or transparent.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I'll swap you my standard deposit for that Metallica pro!

Hmmm, seems like an oddly win/win trade.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

- Added: Portal eject and Garage flashers now do things!.

Very excited to see these effects in action!

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I hope there is a different long term solution to this issue. Not being able to use the magnasave while cradling the right flipper while in multiball is disappointing...

I agree seems kind of important, especially during multiball.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

A bigger fuse till it doesnt blow.

But if the ability to press the flipper and magnasave is coded out, it still wouldn't work.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeroenos:

I am in! Number 610!!

Nice! How did you get a spot so recently?

#1362 4 years ago

I wonder if we'll see any adventures with more than one ball... Like Discover Hotel Monolith on Shadow or Quill’s Quest in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm hoping so. There are probably a few suitable moments from the show that could fit.

#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can tell you that in the machine config, there are 2 separate switches for the 2 flippers - so if it really only did get one switch on the line, they must both be wired to the same switch (which could be re-done).

Does this mean that some on the manufacturing line might be getting wired incorrectly?

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is there any more details or clarification about the fuse issue preventing the magnet and Right flipper activation together?

Yes, I’d be curious to hear more about this one as well.

#1429 4 years ago

My only gameplay complaint - offered more as a suggestion for a code tweak and not a bitch-gripe per se - is while watching my daughter play, she made the steep left ramp *3 times in a row* (!?!!) while struggling to aim for the lock. Whoops! But as difficult as folks have said that shot can be, I thought maybe there should have been a reward or callout for it. I felt so bad for her - she couldn't make the shot she needed but held her own and fought, but I couldn't tell that making "one of the hardest shots in the game" in sucession actually did anything out of sequence beyond qualifying as a ramp?
My main question is: since Spooky pins have such badass sound systems, can they be used as a sound system in their own right, aka aux line-input? Would make a great party box on those nights you don't want to play pinball, but knock your walls down

It would be great to see combo bonuses and callouts like the five way combo in Shadow or Attack from Mars.

#1430 4 years ago

Not sure what it is, but this game really creates the "just one more game" addiction. Trying to collect more and more megaseeds to set you up for future score reward, and traverse dimensions to see different things really adds to the depth.

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Definitely a lot of fun!
No matches set up here yet, and the foam is still on the ship.
Shots are all somewhat challenging, but fun when hit. Flippers are crisp and responsive. Lcd is really nice and the sound system, even when low, feels bass heavy and high quality!
Code is definitely early, yet still really fun and gives you enough options at this point for quarter pumping.
Met my expectations and superseded them for sure!
That said, if anyone is interested in an earlier spot...PM to swap for #384, lemme know if we can swap. I still owe a decent bit on a couple prior NIB games, and definitely could be okay with buying later.[quoted image]

How are the inner orbits on this on, are they getting dialed in?

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

There are combo bonuses, you can see the awards in the upper right corner of the screen when they happen. There is also a combo champion.
We decided that because there was so much going on, we did not want to interrupt the music or display or other callouts. It’s definitely a game-by-game decision, there is more visible attention to combos in Alice Cooper.

This makes sense. As long as there's a combo champion I'm happy. Well who am I kidding, I'd be happy either way, this pin is so much fun.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

When I played last week, I hit that inner orbit from the top flipper twice a bunch of times. But, it comes around fast!
I have the Getaway and it has the same loop but on RM the ball has to be shot sooner off the flipper which makes it tougher (but still makable).
I think once you play it enough you'll be able to hit that loop multiple times but just like Getaway it's definitely never an easy repeatable shot because of the limited time you have to prepare and the speed. My loop record on the upper flipper orbit on the Getaway is 6 loops for a 2/3 years now. Granted I don't play my Getaway enough but I think that will be a solid record for a while.
I wonder if they'll have a loop record for that shot on RM?

That's good to hear, I'm guessing they are getting the geometry right? Perhaps something is being done different during the manufacture. The one I played would bounce and deaden off of strait part of the inner loop outer wall and lose most of the momentum (on a legit shot).

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Add-a-ball is one of my fav things so hopefully this will come with a long and ample stretch of time to keep pumping them out.
Would also be cool to see the good 'ole white knuckle RESTART multiball timer ticking down on one of the multiballs. You don't see this that often anymore and it's always satisfying to manage to fire it up again at the last second.
-message to EP- Don't forget to add the WMS style "grace period" to these events that we have come to know and love
"JUST managed a last minute jackpot!"
Great job BTW!

Thinking of making duplicate accounts just so I can thumbs up this more , but please yes! I love the chase of going after jackpots, while keeping attention on Add-a-ball!

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You may get moderated just for thinking that. Lol

Well it was just a joke to stress my enthusiasm for the suggestion.

#1527 4 years ago

Maybe I don’t fully comprehend the various issues and opinions in play regarding the plunge since I have zero in person experience on the game. My impressions from watching video of gameplay is that delivery of the plunge is a bit clunky but if tweaked correctly, serves its purpose.
My question regarding the plunge is not so much about the skill shot but about ball save launches. If there isn’t an opportunity to hit a skill shot on a ball save auto plunge, I’d really prefer the auto plunge to launch fast and hard into an area that rapidly feeds into gameplay rather than the rather awkward clunk of the drop and roll to the upper flipper.

Maybe the ball save can be coded (if not already) to only start counting down when the playfield is qualified?

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This game has received its 15th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation! That's in like 3 days and 5 hours.

Any guesses where it ends up?

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This is just a guess. I'm going to say 7th.

I’m going to say 6.

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) came in at the #2 spot in the Top 100.
https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

Wow!

#1583 4 years ago

It’s not just your rating for this game, you are overall an imbalanced rater who seems unable to differentiate between utter turds and games with minor weak spots or which do not speak to your personal style. And yes, if your rating for a game equates to #378 on the list that is supposed to reflect your opinion of the game relative to everything else on the list. If #378 is not your firm opinion at this juncture, you are using the system wrong (and illustrate one of the many significant flaws in the Pinside rating system).

@estrader's ratings are here: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/estrader/ratings

What and how his ratings fall in line with the total list and Pinside average ratings for all games is irrelevant. He's free to rate it as he wishes. Not really a big deal right?

#1603 4 years ago

I'm thinking of creating custom art on a magnetic apron for my Rick and Morty. I was going to wait until I receive my pin later this summer, but have some bit spare time. Would someone with their pin please be able to share the dimensions (in cm/mm if possible) for: 1, 2, 3, and 4?

I'll be creating rough art now with bleed, then will create a precise die-line once I can do accurate measurements.
Rick-Morty-Apron-Default (resized).jpgRick-Morty-Apron-Default (resized).jpg

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

1 = 3/4" - 19 mm
2 = 8 1/8" - 206 mm
3 = 18 1/4" - 464 mm
4 = 3" - 76 mm

Thank you very much for this!

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I know that it won’t fit in my low ceiling basement.

Not with that attitude.

But seriously, I'd like to know too.

#1682 4 years ago

I don't have a problem waiting but if any of you need more time and wants to do an even swap for builds with me; I am #653.
Just putting it out there.

Would you do an even swap for someone in the low 720s?

#1701 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure you’re kidding but I’ll rephrase my previous post...
If anyone needs more time and wants to trade their “sooner” build for my later build, let me know.
Some other pinsider’s have posted they have to or are considering selling their spot. So I figured maybe more time might be helpful for them, but maybe not. Doesn’t hurt to ask.
I’m not trying to take advantage of anyone here nor am I trying to spend more money. Fortunately, for me and my wife, we are able to keep working. Although both us have to interact with many people everyday so that’s not so fortunate my wife’s a nurse and I am in the service business. That’s why I said I’m ok waiting. It’s not a rush especially now with all that is going on.
Again, I hope all this is over soon and we are all able to get back to our normal lives and playing pinball.

Yes, I meant it as a joke - You said you had no problem waiting

I hope all works out for you, these are some crazy times. I may be looking to shift back, slightly... But am waiting to see how the multiple variables at play work out before deciding (manufacturing, shipping, receiving, etc). I'm in the 140s and was thinking of shifting to slightly later number get later in the summer, but with recent effects this may happen naturally so I'm holding off.

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Appreciate the game play footage but that place is teaming with people, all over the place. Germany just imposed a stricter - no gatherings over 2 people and there like 75+ people in that video. Sorry but this is upsetting to me.

What does this have to do with Germany?

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's COVID, it has to do with everyone in any part of the world right now. It was just an example.

Got it, it's just that the video wasn't from Germany, and it didn't look like you are from Germany, and lots of countries are going into lockdown so wasn't sure.

#1721 4 years ago

I notice that adventures that occur on earth start from the garage shot (Pickle Rick), whereas ones that draw on the Space Cruiser/UFO (Purge, Pirates, Whirly, etc) are started at the center UFO shot.

Clever. I wonder if this is intentional or coincidence?

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

i haven't made any major adjustments yet. I can hit the inner loop and my best is 2 consecutive with a shot into the garage on the 3rd (I'll tell you it was intentional but... ) I think it's more my shot making than the game setup itself. I did take a look to see where the screw was and it seemed like it was opened up all the way. I didn't check the garage shot, but I can hit that successfully enough where I know it's my poor playing vs that game itself.
The game scoring is fine. I'm not so easily fooled by inflated numbers For me, I generally play for progress vs points anyway.
Now that I say that, I'll have to pop off that plastic and see if I can adjust further out more, on both the garage and the inner loop.

1. The key change to the inner loop is remove the plastic, and adjust the bottom screw to close the loop as much as possible (unintuitive change, but it gives the smoothest curve to the inner orbit)
2. Remove the two screws to the guide rail, beyond the bottom screw. Keep them out and replace plastic.
3. Enjoy your orbits and dimension hopping.

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Here's a short video of my 4 yr old getting an Add-a-ball, then a super jackpot shortly after

Good playing. Is this before or after the inner orbit adjustment?

#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This was before.

Even better. Please share results of how you go once adjusting.

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not advisable to bend the rails; they'll never be the same shape again. The 'quick fix' is to pull out screw #2 and screw #3 after the first front screw. Gives the rail a bit more give so the ball doesn't bounce off as much.

Will there be a more long term solution for playfields yet to be built such as adjusting the orientation and placement of how the metal bits (tabs and screws) are put into the playfield?

It would be great if Spooky explored this possibility. What do others think?

#1770 4 years ago

Aren’t there tabs that stick vertically into the playfield too, under the rail guide? I haven’t looked up close, but thought I saw them from the images. Whysnow can you please confirm?

Or is this something from a prototype?

Rick-and-Morty_tabs_small (resized).jpgRick-and-Morty_tabs_small (resized).jpg
#1785 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Why is everything you ever post always have a snide, underlying tone to it? Can't you ever ask a question or look for an answer without putting in some sort of BS suggesting how you shouldn't have to be bothered to ask it? Your crap about it being a 8 or 9 grand and what you should or shouldn't have to do really does not need to be in there to get what you are looking for. I guess it is just how you are... Always need to add your crappy inflection into everything. It's no wonder that you have almost as many downvotes as you have upvotes.. Hell of a percentage you have earned yourself there. I know you could probably are less about that factor, but maybe just having a different outlook or approach to things might work wonders in regards to how people respond to you.

I didn’t think his comment was snide.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say that people need to keep in mind that the first 40 were likely built before any were delivered.
The next 20 (they sound like they are batch building 20 at a time?) were built as feedback was just starting to roll in form the first 40.
Once lockdown stops and production starts back up, then they are likely starting on batch 3.
Spooky listens, adjusts and makes improvements. It is huge to have them actively in the conversation!

Agree, it sounds like improvements will be made at the factory. But I'm curious if the adjustments will be to:

A. Optimize the screw setting and end of guide rail location for the bottom screw, and just not add the other two screws during manufacturing.

B. Relocate holes where the screws are placed to give the guide rail more curve naturally?

I'm hoping for B, if feasible. My concern is that with A, with many frequent shots on the inner orbit and less reinforcement, we may find the first screw hole becoming worn and loosening over time. It would be nice to see a more permanent, optimized solution.

Here's some shot data from my post earlier this year: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/208#post-5463422

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

removing screws will have zero impact on long term or loosening. That whole rail can easily be held with 2 total screws and zero concern. It is overbuilt with the 4 (or is it 5) total tabs.
pretty sure the guide is just fine.
any factory adjustment is just as simple as being aware of the placement/curve as set at the factory.
I think people are really making a mountain out of a molehill. Shot was fine even on game #2 to leave the factory. I like to adjust and fine tune games. All games are different and a different playerbase. The factory could do nothing and it would be fine as it is. This is supposed to be more difficult compared to other shots.
That said, they always listen and tweak overtime as they like to make even subtle improvements. I am sure the next batch will be even better. It is what they do and why so many are willing to try and provide the constructive feedback

But is there any downside to readjusting the screw holes and modify the curve, even if it's just one of the screws?

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think people are really making a mountain out of a molehill. Shot was fine even on game #2 to leave the factory. I like to adjust and fine tune games. All games are different and a different playerbase. The factory could do nothing and it would be fine as it is. This is supposed to be more difficult compared to other shots.

I still think it's worth asking questions and exploring - I definitely don't mean any offense. Essentially this game is so much fun, and is a better player than many other pins out there in so many ways (the art, the code, the layout that lets you chain shots together, the audio, the light show). I'd just hate for one small detail to get in the way of getting to that 100% potential.

I only played on the Jackbar pin before adjustments, and was getting many rejects from the orbit shot.

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Finally got all the parts in to make my first batch of Pickle Rick mods. This first batch will include some extra free items with each order. Cost is $40 plus $5 shipping. Available in my pinside shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/03616-pickle-rick-with-fluorescent-green-plastic-and-bonus-items
Pickle Rick is pre-mounted onto a fluorescent green plastic with some Pickle Rick themed art on it. Installation is so easy even simple Rick could figure it out. Just unscrew 2 nuts, remove your existing plastic and put Pickle Rick in place. I include 2 green colored acorn nuts as a nice finishing touch. Pickle Rick adds some pizzazz to that corner of you machine and does double duty by helping to hide the opto wire going to the ramp. In addition to the highly detailed Pickle Rick mod with cosmic green light reactive plastic, you also get the following bonus items at no extra charge:
Custom printed "Squanch Ball" plastic insert. This replaces the launch ball graphic on the game for the more theme appropriate "Squanch Ball" instead.
Custom printed plastic Morty start button. Replace the boring factory start button with the Morty start button. Each button press adds a Morty tot he game so having a Morty on button just makes sense. You will receive two Mortys to choose from: the astonished Morty (when Morty hears where the megaseed is supposed to go) and the pursed lips surprised Morty (Morty after the megaseed was inserted) .
Custom printed plastic coin insert labels, Everyone knows the Galactic Federation doesn't used quarters for currency anymore. Replace the factory coin inserts with the proper denomination of your choice; Flurbos, Schmeckles, or Blemflarcks. I believe most of the games at blips and chitz require 50 Flurobos nowadays.
Also include is a talking ring/jewelry/key holder (ring not included) you can out on your nightstand. Great place to keep you rings, jewelry, or key chains. Press the button and it says "I'm Pickle Ricccckkkk" and "I turned myself into a pickle Morty !"
Also included is a full color 48 page book detailing the story of Pickle Rick. Read about the animators discussing how Pickle Rick came to be as well as the full Pickle Rick story with fantastic images taken from the most popular episode of the entire series. Makes a great bead time story to read to small children or adults who are still children at heart.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done. Looks factory.

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

The "kink" was already there. This photo is before any adjustments were made. I suspect the kink is the result of the guide being hit very hard multiple times from the right.

I wonder if there is a way to prevent this? I'm guessing it may affect the inner orbit shot smoothness after time.

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I'm confused by this. That is the purpose of these adjustments. Bending those guides, making the upper lane wider, prevents the ball from hitting the guide, interfering with the shot, and makes the shots much smoother.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I read your recommendation to lower the lower guiderail, which makes sense. I was referring to the kink (in the blue rectangle), my interpretation was that this was already there/bent like that from shots to the right orbit. My guess is that the kink can't be good for inner orbits, irrespective of how the guiderail is orientated.

Or are you recommending that having the guiderail set like that would avoid the kink?

Morty_jj (resized).jpgMorty_jj (resized).jpg
#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

That guide rail is all one piece, kink and all. The kink no longer exists, again these are before photos.
Let me start over.
The "kink" in the guide was present when I removed the house to reveal the area. It's my theory that the high speed ball coming from the right garage shot, continuously slamming against the far right of the guide caused the kink. It's either that, or it came from Spooky that way.
Either way, balls from the right garage shot would hit the guide, stopping the ball from completing the loop into the garage.
Adjusting the guide so that the upper lane is wider, keeps the ball from hitting the guide and allows the right garage shot to complete the loop as intended.
The same adjustment narrows the lower lane, changing the ball's trajectory from a spinner loop shot, allowing it to completely miss the diverter, and complete the loop back to the upper right flipper, as intended.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Ah, thanks for clearing up, I didn't realize that was the 'before' photo.

#1943 4 years ago

This better not be a cruel (and well produced) April Fool's joke

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nice!
Since you have access to #'s 4,5, and 63 you are in a unique position. It would be interesteing to see if the later built one shoots differently than the two earlier ones. Or if you took a look at some of the guide rails if they were all set the same or not.

Oh yes. Please A,B,C test this for us with photos!

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That is correct just felt lazy typing the extra numbers. lol

Still be curious learn if adjustments have been made in factory to orbits and guiderails. Any insights would be appreciated

1 week later
#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fair input opinion. We were actually favoring a font used in the show for theme vs what was done on the Instruction decals. Just gives it a more Fun look over large font caps. Everyone has there own vision which is what makes it fun. Thanks for the input.

Unity is important. No reason to create different elements that clash - increases gaudiness.

#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Just chatted with Charlie and Bug in Twitch, he said the wire form changes have been implemented. Screws out for flex and other things. Excited for this game...

Do you know if there are garage adjustments too, or just the inner orbit?

#2081 4 years ago

I have an idea for a feature which I think could be very fun for home play, sharing here to see what others think and if it could be a good addition to Rick and Morty:

What: A handicap override, for certain players in a multiplayer game (for home owners). For example in a 4 player game, players 1, 2, and 4 would have default settings, player 3, would have this activated to make the game and scoring easier.

Why: This would make friendly competition more balanced for friends, partners, husbands, wives, etc not as skilled at pinball.

How it could work:

Once the option is activated and profiles set up in overall settings (you choose default setting profile, and handicap setting profile), essentially hold the right flipper button in for 3 seconds after adding a player. This would toggle the handicap on or off for the most recent player. The pin would toggle between two sets of settings: 1) Default settings, 2) Handicap override settings which makes the game easier. For Rick and Morty, this could mean:

-Longer ball saves
-Easier multiball locks
-More accessible (fewer shots) mode starts and completions
-Easier magnasave charge and slower drain
-More initial pre-completed punches on adventure card
-Larger jackpot values
-Higher value mega seeds, more mega seeds per dimension
-Fewer spins to charge portal gun

Owners could have fun finding the right balance for their family/home environment to find the parity. You could even take this idea further and have another non-default setting to make everything difficult.

What do others think?

#2104 4 years ago

Is the right orbit to inner orbit supposed to return to the upper right flipper (when it doesn't go to the garage)? It looks like it goes to the spot below the Meeseeks target, is there a switch there?

Would closing the inner orbit fix this?

Here's an example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/591359240?t=02h44m28s

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mine does the same. I would however Not close or change that orbit any for that return as the loop clockwise is already hard enough and that is the primary shot for that orbit. I Have however considered Trying a larger diameter rubber on the end of that loop in hopes a counter clock orbit shot would ride the rail and effectively bounce up off that rubber and more towards the flipper or at least a bit higher then going to outlane.

Whysnow how does your right orbit to inner orbit shot return, yours is set up quite well... Does it return to right flipper or next to the Meeseeks target?

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I understand, it's just frustrating for those of use with limited mechanical abilities paying for something that is this expensive.
I am still super excited for this game, it's the best theme integration i have seen in a long time.
If you have a fix for JP, i'm listening.
I did the washer fix but it still fails about 10% of the time

There is no downside to being fixed in factory, is there?

#2234 4 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but a revelation from the Jack Danger stream was that one of the pending modes in review is based around the Blood Dome.

BTW, this was a great promo:

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Since one of the next adventures is blood dome. Maybe something with the horseshoe lock and "two balls enter one ball leaves".

This is something I struggle with... There are many cool ways that the horseshoe toy could be used in different modes, just some ideas:

-Loading Rick and Morty into the Ship for any given adventure.
-Rick is trapped in the Intergalactic prison lock and and bash the captive ball three times to release him.
-Shoot open horseshoe orbits repeatedly to go deeper into micro-verses, or emerge from dreams
-Juggle one locked ball left to right and back to punch opponents in the blood dome, or split parallel dimensions as in A Rickle in Time.
-Rest and Ricklaxation - Lock Rick and Morty the left and right spots of the horseshoe (of the special Detox Machine). The lighting starts off as lime green, but after locking and making additional shots, they purify and emerge to a bright white and blue multiball mode.

Anyway, here's what I can't quite figure out... How could any of the above be incorporated into modes, if the horseshoe is also being used for Multiball locks (it might be holding balls from another player, etc)?

Separately: It would be cool to acquire cursed skills in the vein of "Something Ricked This Way Comes" that you could use to help your gameplay.

#2258 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Really looking forward to the next update. Any hints at what the next update may also include?

epthegeek are you exploring ways to use the horseshoe toy to manipulate a ball in different ways for modes? Or is it pretty much reserved for locks? I’m not sure how you could already be holding balls for multiball for the current or another player.

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I have been wondering about this too. Heres some of my thought or speculation...
For any adventures to be able to make full use of the horseshoe, they would need to be locked out any time there are balls in lock. Also, locked balls may need to treated like "bank a ball", where if a player drains with a locked ball then their locked ball(s) are released, so that each ball in play ends with empty locks for the next player/ball.
This way, horseshoe modes (adventures) may be started only when no balls are locked.
Would this lead to some players avoiding locks, to go for a chance at some lucrative special adventure?
Competitive players would be happy to see empty locks at the end of each BIP, I'm sure. Although for me I like the stealing locks concept.
Rick and Morty seems to be tough enough that "bank a ball" should not make things too much easier... ?
I really have no idea what will pan out of course. Just thoughts

Yes, I can think of three possible solutions, Spooky may have others they are considering:

1. At the end of every ball, locked balls drain. When a new mode is selected which requires use of the horseshoe, appropriate balls drain (one or two, in some situations there could be a ball you bash back and forth, so only one ball would drain).

2. Similar to the above, but locked balls that have drained are treated as virtual locks. Anytime there is a locked ball that isn't physically present in the horseshoe but "locked", the Rick, Morty drop target with a virtual lock would pulse blue to signify a virtual lock. This would probably be the simplest and most flexible solution to plan around.

3. Another idea would be to reserve modes that use the horseshoe for selectable wizard mode adventures. These could be more complex staged adventures (similar to pickle rick mode). When you get to select the adventure, there is a bit of ceremony --- Pause, silence and going dark during the selection, draining locked balls, light show, build-up, music. Then the mode starts. These could be build up to mini multiball modes in themselves (kind of like Discover Hotel Monolith in Shadow).

What do you guys think?

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'll be tearing it down again before Saturday's stream to do some additional tweaks and will get better pics showing the changes I made to post here. Not for the faint of heart as old screw holes are visible.

This is the sort of exploration I’ve been requesting for months, with many here casting shade on the suggestion. Glad it works!

A shifted placement of screws really looks like the right and necessary decision to truly rectify any clunkiness. I really hope Spooky considers this. Just a shame to see a pin so close to perfection, with one slight, but critical thing getting in the way.

I really enjoyed your stream, you have your Rick and Morty set up so smooth, flowing like AFM.

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,I'm not in any way impressed by all the tweeks you apparently have to do to get this title working right! If Spooky doesn't fix this junk i'm out

Quoted from davisjl1979:

I sent Spooky a request for information about what they might be modifying at the factory to address these issues. I'll report back what they say if they don't chime in themselves on this thread.

Spooky, please review and adjust where the holes are drilled in this pin. We'd really appreciate it!

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I'm saying pinball isn't a video game, where if you perform the correct button pushes in the correct order you get the same result everytime. If I nail a shot and it rejects out 1 or 2 out of 10 times I chalk that up to being pinball. When I first got into the hobby I used to love watching Bowen's PAPA tutorial videos and there are countless examples of him nailing a shot perfectly and it bricking out. He didn't get pissed, that's just the nature of the game. I'm not saying it's not annoying sometimes but for some games it's also what makes me push the start button again. That desire to get revenge.

Understood, but if you make a clean shot and there is a reject due to clunkiness, this may be more akin to playing a videogame on a controller with inconstant button responsiveness.

You shouldn't shoot a clean inner orbit or garage shot, and feel relief when it successfully works as expected.

#2341 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You need to stop telling people that this is acceptable out of the box. NO it is not at the $$$ of these games.
Yea, you and I have the skills to improve the game but...... WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO!!! Do you ever think before you just spout off?
Clearly you don't....

I agree. Why does Whysnow continue the complacent cheerleading? I mean if it can be fixed at the factory, surely that is the ideal solution, no?

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gotta love people that have not even played the game telling me that I am wrong.
This game is 100% the same amount of tweaking needed as seriously every single NIB I have opened over 5 years. Only difference is people care enough to share the tweaks on a spooky game because they will actually listen and adjust how they see fit.
I could hit every shot the first game I played. Stop whining and play better. FFS

Not sure if you are referring to me, but I've played the game... Not the at your location, but here in NYC.

I respectfully disagree, this is NOT 100% the same amount of tweaking as per every single NIB, especially when you have to bring out the drill to start making new screw holes in the playfield to have shots complete.

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why does it matter to you if people who have a deposit down want things improved?

Maybe some people are worried that if there is an improved version of Rick and Morty released, those who already have a Rick and Morty will have the 'lesser' version of the pin. I'm not sure anyone would admit this, but it's not an unfathomable human response.

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. I have a personal game coming later in the build.
I already assume spooky will have made adjustments since the first few batches. It is what they do.

Good to hear, I wasn't necessarily referring to you.

For reference, the game I played rejected 80-90% of the time when I cleanly hit the inner orbit. @troz's pin with fixes seemed to flow so smooth, like one would expect it's intended to shoot.

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The only issue/question I see that I think needs addressing for the Upper Spinner Orbit, besides removing the two guide screws, is the "rattle" that Regularly rejects the ball back down to return through the spinner again. For Sweetly placed valid shots.
Way too regularly I'm watching "perfect" shots to the spinner fly past it and rip it good, only to brick on some aspect of the diverter transition, and finally dribble back to the spinner. Perfect shots should not be rejected with such frequency.
It is in the streams. All of them.

Why is the crimp at the top of the inner orbit, I'm guessing it's necessary? That seems to me what may be causing the rattle at the top of the upper orbit.

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, Last try here lol. #Whysnow I have not made any statements or claims that you were not telling the truth. I don't Think that is your intention to help. Is it Possible however that (you had an earlier game) that your view and opinion is based on something Different then WE are receiving??? For clarity (and the engineers of the group) Here is a picture of YOUR rail (with your suggested moves) along with OUR games in green (Stock Unmodified!). Please focus on the Primary end screw and tab location by the bulb. You either Moved that screw hole location OR your game had the hole drilled at Least 5/16" back further! Look clearly at the slot and where your tab meets bulb and how close it is to the square ramp cutout. Yours is Clearly Way further back And almost touching the bulb. SOO, is it Possible your game is NOT what we are getting and Maybe not correct?? I am fine with saying your may be ok (even though you did a write up to move the rail) but I can assure you the games are Not the same hole locations. Or you moved it! Can we at Least agree, Your game is Different!!! Also notice where Our rail lines up with the Paint compared to yours..... Possible???

Wow, that is interesting. Yelobird thanks for sharing!

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just trying to help others. I tap out. lol Going to watch the Troz gameplay video tonight and see if I can figure out how he gathers so many dam seeds!

Yeah, whether @whysnow’s game or not, the screws seem to be drilled in different places, factory or not.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
If this is the pic that everyone is having a cow over for some reason, to me it looks exactly like the original spooky hole is hidden beneath the bracket. This doesn't seem to be showing the original screw hole, or position. You can even see marks on the playfield through the uncovered slot, not white clean wood. Like where the toe of the flange used to be clamped against the playfield, at original assembly. The old screw hole would be just out of visibility.
That's just what I see compared to all the other stock photos. Most all others are in a very consisten position from what I see. I'm just looking at this picture of kinda unknown origins.

That’s your hypothesis. We don’t actually know that there is an original hole there or if these are two different original placements of the screw.

No one is having a cow, we’re asking questions and trying to just understand more.

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I was asked what I thought, that's all. What I think, is that it is a picture of a game that has had a screw moved already. That's it. Maybe I'm wrong. Just the observation that was asked for.
People actually are "having a cow" . Assuming, that spooky can't get consistency of better than half inch?.
Or do some people think they were just trying random layout variations/positions? ... after prototype? ... in production? Really?
... and when there is clear evidence that the upper orbit can already be easy enough made 6 times in a row Without making any new screw holes, hmmmm, this layout "redesign" is completely un-necesary. ie, proves to be basicaly achieving nothing additional than what removing screws and minor bending achieves anyway.... pointless.
I digress ...
More likely, the screw in an unexplained spot is just some confused pinsiders, making poorly informed assumptions, about random pictures... whilst making mountains out of molehills. Lol

Looks like your hypotheses was correct. Well done.

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

If you check the ACNC, the guides require adjustment on some games and some games they don’t. I don’t recall people getting so angry about it though.

Who’s angry here though? No one is getting emotional. Seems like discussion and friendly debate.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So it seems that All meeseeks contribute to the Multipliers, but only Bad meeseeks contribute to the divisor value.
The multiplier/divisor is for only the shot that the meeseek is on.

Yes, this is smart because it adequately incentivizes the risk vs reward. The good Meeseeks maintain and build their value, as long as you don’t wait too long.

It would be frustrating to get 3 meeseeks, have two go bad and the remaining good one only be worth 2x. Why even bother? With the way it’s been implemented, this remaining good meeseeks will still give you that 4x value.

Are there any ways of reallocating the meeseeks placement to put the good meeseeks on the highest value shot? Like a mystery award? Or if you continue to hit the meeseeks box target after you’ve maxed out the number on the playfield (3 meeseeks is max during regular play right?)

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you turn on the 'Tournament Mode' setting, it puts the Adventures (and dimensions as of the next update) into a fixed order so that you can plan and play with purpose and a plan ('even though planning is dumb' - Rick) for maximum benefit.
The way the 'Morty card' thing works (again, starting with the next update) is that when you complete 9 adventures, you get to pick the next one. Eventually, there will be at least one (hopefully more) adventure that you can only get via the selector at the 10th stamp, but you can also choose any other adventure. You can set your card to start with up to 8 full, so you would have to play 1, then the next one would be Morty's choice. There's also a setting for if the 10th adventure is 'lit' immediately after completing the 9th. When you hit the scoop for the 10th stamp, you get an interface (think Metallica Crank it up kinda) where you can pick your adventure.

Does the owner/operator get to set the tournament mode order? That would be nice. So you can mix it up every now and then and one tournament mode on a given pin would be different from another?

#2613 3 years ago

The dimensions aspect highlights some of the genius with how this pin has been designed to make the most of the licensed property... Beyond art, music, video, callouts: Moments

While there are certain limitations to what can be included from a mode/adventure perspective (rules, coding, video assets, Adult Swim review and approvals), the dimensions enable Spooky to create many, many 'moments' referencing the show. Elements from Rick and Morty that wouldn't be appropriate for a full adventure, can still be experienced in the pin through clever code and nuance. I suspect the dimensions are even more flexible to incorporate (Things like snake jazz, or the Jerry simulation, or the screaming sun).

The tributes in Cactus Continued Continued, are almost precursors of @epthegeek's dimensions.

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm just implementing.

Well they chose the right person for the job!

#2662 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd say him going on about it, again and again, is quite frankly an over reaction. Customer was an asshat. Try not to compete with them. Rise above and such.
Doesn't seem funny at all to me. I wouldn't want to be that customer, as irrational as they were, they deserve that situation to just lie where it is, not be a banner to be mocked onward and onward.
I only know a bit about the situation, but as an outsider, it doesn't strike confidence in me. Strikes more immaturity and a lack of empathy.

It is funny.

#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry but that guy is a Fing mornon. Does he even own a pinball machine

What is with this needing to own a pinball machine elitism? It’s a lazy way of trying to invalidate an opinion. You’re better than that.

But to @rai’s question, funny you should mention Walking Dead. When I played Rick and Morty, I though of existing pins, it was closest to a cross between TNA and Walking Dead - and I intend that as a compliment.

Spooky is supposedly adjusting the way they put the pins together to accommodate for some of the flow issues that have emerged. Whysnow and a few others on this thread have been quite helpful in play testing the pin in the field and seeing what tweaks improve shots. I wouldn’t let these concerns dissuade you, worst case, you should be able to resell the pin if you don’t like it.

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It wasn’t supposed to be possible to repeat and adventure until all of them have been gone through. There were some issues in the selection logic that could let that happen though. Those have been addressed for the next update.

With COVID-19 happening, I think it's interesting to share some ideas while we wait. @epthegeek's post gave me a couple:

1. What if completion of a given adventure (maybe successfully completed, or just finished), awarded the option to select your dimension the next time you play that specific adventure (activated when it starts). Obviously you couldn't select from all dimensions, but you could either opt choose from feature or higher scoring dimensions, then be given a choice five or so to select from, or just be given 5 to select from. Maybe the duration last for the full mode even, an extended dimension visit.

2. OR as a deeper version of the above. When you complete a mode, get the option to choose one cursed item prize from Mr. Lucius Needful which activates the next time you play the adventure. Awards could be:

-More patient Meeseeks that take longer to get agitated.
-Dimension start and choice (as above).
-Double all timers during the mode.
-Scoring boost to all adventure shots.
-Slam save protection for the duration of the adventure.

I'm sure there are many interesting prize possibilities.

3. Completely separate idea... What about some dimension hopping frenzy multiball.... Basically you sequentially play through 10 random dimensions, each lasting for 20 seconds each before automatically changing. Jackpots increase for each dimension. The goal is to make it to the end (no cradling allowed, or hitting no switches pause the timer) . Hmmm, this could be a suitable unique adventure only selectable when the card is finished. Escape the Council of Ricks video assets would be perfect:

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What is this crap doing in a club thread?

Aw geez, aw man. The posts were removed, now it’s going to look like this is directed to my idea post

And I thought the dimension hopping multiball could be pretty fun, see how far you can last in a gauntlet of 10 consecutive dimensions before draining down to one ball.

#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Well your first two ideas dont work.
The point of the game is not to play the same adventure twice. So for 99% of the games it would force you to make a choice with zero results.
The multiball sounds interesting

True, hopefully there are enough adventures that there wouldn't be repeats - even for a long game. Maybe a successful completed mode (instead of timing out or draining), could give a cursed item that could just be used on any future adventure instead of a hypothetical repeat.

Fingers crossed on some form of dimension hopping multiball though.

#2769 3 years ago

Tonight’s episode. Just. Wow.

#2772 3 years ago

What a fuckin gem!!

There is a sequence that would make a perfect adventure mode, in the vein of Roy: A Life Well Lived. Whoever has seen the episode will know what I'm referring to.

#2777 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Figures are too tall to fit under glass though...too bad, they are great sculpts!

How tall is the portal on the topper? It could possibly work as a topper mod - keeping the lighting and portal and replacing the figures.

#2871 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Happy to report I got the email today.
#34 Buttercab being shipped on Monday along with an Alice Cooper Topper.
So
So so close.

Ok. I love the Alice Cooper Topper. It’s science-y and weird enough to fit into the Rick and Morty universe. I wonder what would happen if one hooked it up to a Rick and Morty?

#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,a lot of us are confused with the numbers of pins already in service!! When everything got shut down,Spooky was in the 10th week of production! 10 pins a week x10 is 100! We now are hearing that #34 is soon to go out???What??

I’m not sure if this is serious or a joke/satire? Patience is such a rare virtue in this hobby.

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a future owner waiting to get my game I’m excited to see the new code. I understand streams were not recorded but did I miss what we can expect?

You missed some interesting things, yes.

#2921 3 years ago

Is anyone else in for a Kruzman playfield for their Rick and Morty? I paid mine off last week.

Yes, I understand that with the high quality of Spooky playfields, so it's probably not necessary. But I like the look. Butter cabinets aren't necessary either, and I figure they will compliment each other quite well.

#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Thought I heard this wasn’t an option anymore. If I’m wrong someone please correct me.

I didn’t know that, where did you hear it wasn’t an option anymore?

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

...No rush, keep the quality and business sustained..

Yes please. No rush!

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagel:

Number #93 here. I'm wondering if I should be concerned I haven't yet received my final build sheet when it appears some in the 100s received them today

Where are you located.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

"Install 1 ball in 2nd trough?" Explain Like I'm 5 please

Put one ball in the garage portal. Watch it disappear.

#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Just checked and I got the email too! #102 will be built soon.
Thinking about getting every ad on. A couple I'm unsure of.
Plastic protectors?
Bill validator door?
This will be going in a home. Thoughts?

Yes to both. Plastic protectors are an obvious to keep in better condition. Bill validator door so you have the option of external headphone and volume control OR the Harry Houdini microverse mod.

#3098 3 years ago

If you could choose one adventure from each season, which would your picks be (of those who haven't been released or announced in Beta)? I'd have to go with:

Season 1: Rick Potion Number 9 (Escape from the Morty's fans, release the gas convert to mantis people, then evolve them to Cronenbergs) The Cronenbergs are such iconic creatures from this show. Lawnmower Dog would be a runner up with Scary Terry but I understand there might be voice licensing issues.

Season 2: A Rickle in Time (it would be interesting to see how the timelines split as shots are made). The Ricks Must be Crazy would be a runner up with keeping Summer Safe (but not sure how much could be done with just the voice of the car since Frasier's daughter isn't one of the licensed voices).

Season 3: I'd go with Rest and Ricklaxation... but specifically the intro where they hunt down the plasma shard.

Season 4: So many great candidates (Dragons, snakes, death crystals, heists), but I'd go with the vat of Acid Episode.

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

#76 is home and is being bolted to the floor.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Can we get some videos, info how it plays, and other details?

#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Decided to sell my BSE preorder slot. Game 246. I can’t wait to play the game someday but I don’t think I need to own it. Please PM me if interested.

Why not sell Simpson’s instead?

#3149 3 years ago

Hey all, never had a Spooky, multimorphic pin so have never heard the issue with power supply fan volume/problem or maybe it's not one at all for home environment.
Is it worth spending the $17 for a quieter fan for the power supply. Thx in advance.

Is that one of the add on options from Spooky?

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

There may even be an art reference to an even more recent episode...

Phoenix person?

#3174 3 years ago

Spooky be offering exclusive modes to those with a topper too. I guess that will be everyone

#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Spooky pleeeease do a Scary Terry mode even if you cannot get the licensed voice actor. Steve Ritchie is a fan of Scott Danesi and would make a fine alternative using his Mortal Kombat voice!

Yes, or the guy that does Wakko Warner from Animaniacs, he’s quite good.

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Not sure if we will get to see Scary Terry in the game and it wouldnt have to do with the voice work. Someone posted a link to basic licensing rules for rick and morty in the past and he was mentioned in it (along with abridolf lincler). I believe one of the rules was he could never be shown by himself, there may have been others

Interesting...

From: https://teepublic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025521634-Guidelines-Rick-and-Morty-

Scary Terry -- as long as his hands are not the focal point of the design and he is shown with Rick and Morty. He should never be solo!

Do not create artwork for the following characters: King Jellybean; Abradolf Lincler; Gazorpazorpfield; Ice-T.

#3233 3 years ago

Do these creatures appear in the pin?

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You seem confused by the concept of a question. Because I was CLEARLY ASKING if the pop bumper was turned on and off by code because it seemed dead. For your reference:
"That lower left pop by the flipper isn't very active at all. Does it turn off and on in code or something?"
That's not a programmer note. In the english language, we generally accept that classic format as a question.

I don't think guitarded is confused by what a question is, it looks like the chain he was replying to is where you state:

"What's the deal with the lethargic pop bumper, though? I was excited to see something NEW being tried, but it looks like a dud. Very little ball action off it from the stream?"

In this sentence, you attribute that the lethargic nature of he pop bumper to it being new.

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

35.00 for plastic protectors? Yes! Reason: Inexpensive and easier than installing them yourself later.
65.00 for interior graphics? Yes! Same reason as above. (Unless you prefer mirror blades or aftermarket artwork.)
45.00 for knocker installed? Yes if coded in any game modes. Personal choice if only used for awarding replays.
120.00 for shaker installed? Yes. Same reason as above. (Unless looking for ways to hold down total game cost.)
95.00 for RGB speaker lights? Yes! Same reason as above. (Unless looking for ways to hold down game cost.)
50.00 for access plate in coin door? Yes if intending to add headphone adaptor or dollar bill validator. Otherwise no.
40.00 for coin box with lid? Yes. (Unless will always be home use only or looking for ways to hold down cost.)
10.00 for target decal set? Yes! Because why not dress the game up a little for only ten bucks?
999.00 for butter cabinet? Only if you can handle the extra grand and the cabinet sides will be visible in your lineup.
225.00 (or 250.00 with access plate) for color-matched coin door? Personal choice if you love the BSE powder coating.

I wonder if there would be a knocker dimension?

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Oh please yes! ... that would be up there with the wilhelm and TNA dimensions!

I feel knocker dimension could most appropriately be referred to as B00b World.

#3332 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

scoop works great!
Bend it up or down slightly if you have issues.
No need to lower the whole unit, which will expose the edge of pf wood.
If you have a bunch of rejects then you could also round the metal edge slight to make it less squared/level w pf so balls drop in.

I wonder if after lowering the lip with washers, it would also be helpful to wrap a strip of Mylar across the playfield wood and over the lip of metal. It would help protect and smooth.

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont really care from a $$$ POV as I will never sell, but honestly think R&M will longer term be one of the most broadly sought after pinball machines of this era.
750 is an insanely low number and the game is just that much fun, with great integration, and of course the huge license.
Like all games there are a certain % that people bought just to flip (it is part of our collector hobby), but when the dust settles I think this will be a keeper for many.

Agree and has very approachable but clever rules.

#3406 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agree to disagree then. I just don't see what would be cool about a dimension that shakes the hell out of your game. And if you dont have a shaker I guess it would do nothing? It just doesn't seem creative for the ruleset. And knocker dimension is a sure fire way to tick off others in your household. And making loud noises just doesn't seen strategic. The game already has the Wilhelm Scream dimension.

Could be a kinetic/it’s alive dimension that’s a combination of vibration, knocker, extra powerful pop bumper and activated topper.

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would make one suggestion to new owners. If you got the target decals, I would recommend adding mylar over them to protect the images. The decals do not have a cutout that goes around the rivet, they just stick on top of the target and rivet. Over time, they might start to wear away, and you'll be left with a line over the decal where the ball continuously hits.
I have added mylar to scoop exits and ball drop areas for additional protection. Completely optional obviously.

What’s a good removable Mylar to put over the decals and drop points?

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for posting. I'm still deciding black or purple door. Leaning towards black. Same question on the speaker lights. They look great but I hate the reflection

Purple. Trust me (I can run through the reasons why, if really necessary, but it is the right decision visually). And get the lights. You can unplug if necessary.

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Honestly, I can't decide between a purple or black door. I'm seeing a lot of unboxings with black doors and then a couple of purples pop up - is there anything I'm missing on deciding on a door color or is everyone having this much trouble?

Go purple, aesthetically it will work better. Trust me. I can give a breakdown of why, if necessary, but it’s the clear winner.

#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's all personal preference. I went with a black coin door because all of my other games have black or stainless coin doors and I didn't want to spend the money. Plus I think colored coin doors look tacky.

I'd rather my door match the pin it's attached to, instead of the ones next to it.

The thing about black is there are may version of black, this won't match the sky exactly... nor should it. A bad thing in design is to try to match match a color, but not get there 100%. Since it won't match. Don't try.

Contrast and unity are critical parts of design. Purple does this, black adds another element which disrupts the look. If you are pimping the pin out with purple, go all the way, don't half ass it.

But yes, it's personal preference

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I got 99 problems but a coin door ain't 1
That being said I went with purple.

The purple door is the top door.
B40F3680-6D4D-4A99-908B-3D87363EAF79 (resized).pngB40F3680-6D4D-4A99-908B-3D87363EAF79 (resized).png

#3672 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’m looking to switch the captive ball behind the flobble crank to something more noticeable.
Maybe even trimming away some plastic to expose it. Anyone have any suggestions on ball replacements?

Yes. I’m thinking of replacing with one of those white ceramic power balls (used in Twilight Zone). I think the light shows reflecting off the white will look good.

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That “before” looks horrible. Mine never looked like that, and after adjusting the settings, my display looks better than the “after”. No screen swap for me.

What, are these mysterious settings you refer to, but don’t actually explain?

#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That before and after image is clearly fabricated nonsense, at least in substantial part. If you are going to take before and after images of displays at least get the view angle within 30 degrees for "before" and "after".
Obviously manipulated photography if you look for a moment, the "before" picture is looking down on the display so severely in comparison so that it can look more "washed out".
Ignore kanada for "tech tips" is my advice. Zak as well by the sounds.
[quoted image]
What you see here is nothing more than a bullshit cunning stunt by a self proclaimed stunning c@n+!!
I bet they didn't even change screens at all, just camera angle. There doesn't look to be much difference really anyway, it's his principle of dishonesty and manipulation that truly sux, not the display.

No.

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No, what?
Please explain

I mean it’s not manipulated photography.

But yes, it’s a matter of preference and not a dealbreaker. Subtle difference but definitely there.

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You've gone well beyond what I was actually posting about, which was Kanedas troll image.
Besides that, you are blowing it out of all reasonable proportion. Where do you want to stop for such minor improvments? ... you can keep going in tiny incriments... then .... $500 screen? . Not everyone buying a pinball is Loaded you know.
I look at the playfield for pinball anyways! Lol

I think this is best viewed as an optional enhancement as opposed to an issue. An enhancement like getting PDI glass... yes it’s not necessary but adds to the overall visual aesthetic.

#3810 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

With single wound flippers, there’s only so much you can do on the hold end when you’re battling against heat buildup. A hard direct shot out of a high power scoop is going to be hard to win against, but the EOS opening should help it recover. When testing against my Ironman, I “sag and recover” from about the same strength hit on both machines; but I’m apparently not getting the same circumstances some people are with the scoop hitting the flipper directly.

I would often see this on the dragon shot to the right flipper on Game of Thrones too.

#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty much am new games, I think??

Am new games?

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Just cleaned everything up and updated to latest firmware.
All I can say out of the first 20 games is wow. It's even better than the hype!
The call out / shot integration is excellent, game play feels very much like I assumed it would. Has it's own unique feel, very fun.
After going through it top to bottom from a wiring perspective, it's looking extremely routable.
The scuffing on the backbox edges was all surface / dust as I hoped, cleaned up immaculately.
I can not begin to describe the responsiveness of service I've had this morning. Exceptional is an understatement.

I’m not sure why this game is so much fun and compelling to play. But it just is. Everything comes together to create something special.

#3895 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've only had my game about 11 days and was on vacation for 3 of those and I just did an audit dump and was surprised to see I already have 169 games played. It's just so addictive! Also had quite a few game restarts, most of those are due to my toddler that likes to start 4 player games but some of those were me as well.-Love the animation and sound clips for this!
Some interesting things from the audit.
-I had nearly the same amount of left ramp shots hit as right ramps.-really balanced. although those numbers seem really low.
-Very few left drains compared to right
-Avg. game of around 4.9 Mil
-65 Super skillshots - based on 584 balls played that's only about 11%.- something to work on.
-I'm only averaging just less than 2 adventures started per game.
-only 7 extra balls.
Now that I've got some more time in I think it's time to write up a review here on Pinside!
[quoted image]

A subtle insight from the data... looks like Spooky places the magnet on the better (correct) side. Makes charging the magnasave worth it when it will likely be put to more use.

#3930 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hey everyone!
Special thanks to thebeavr for taking some glorious shots of the kit I put together on my game. I love the Titan products and the selection, and I think I really got something that you guys might like, I think it suits the game aesthetic quite well! This time I've decided to use all glow in the dark rings. I think they'd look great with some of the lime green acrylic plastic protectors and UV strips on the apron. I'll post more pictures once I get the UV lamps installed!
Kit: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1397
Hope you enjoy, make the game your own!
-- Jimmy
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

I think they look great, subtle but works well with the green portal. I'd go with these or transparent.

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not sure. I can try that. It does seem to rattle in that area.
Is there a diverter back there that changes the path of the ball? Sometimes it goes into the spinner loop but not often.

I have not removed the house yet to see. I was waiting for Kingpin to get back to me as he was going to check with Spooky. Thanks for picture.
Was it hard removing the house? It looks like there are 2 screws from what I can see on the back panel that hold it to the panel. Do you have to remove the left ramp to remove it?
Would love to take the house off and do some slow mo video to see what it is doing.

I’m not really sure how or why this is happening, but from your photo it looks like the ball is getting stuck behind the metal tab. I illustrated in @razorsedge’s photo.

D931C717-A105-42E3-A902-D8899C658E50 (resized).jpegD931C717-A105-42E3-A902-D8899C658E50 (resized).jpeg
#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

They seem to have adjusted the angle/position of the rail, drilling new spots for the screws, rather than just removing the screws as they said they were doing earlier.

Where are the new screws now, do you have photos?

#3972 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Here’s the current angle of shot. Can’t get a good pic of where the empty tabs line up without taking stuff apart. The rail is pushed back further from where it used to be.
[quoted image]

Ah, so the inner orbit has the same holes, they just aren’t screwed in. This was the original change they mentioned of removing the two screws. I had thought you were saying the inner orbit is screwed into a completely different spot.

#3987 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I added a couple of pieces of beer seal foam to my right ramp which makes it flow much smoother but I'd be welcome to a more elegant solution if any molders have any ideas?[quoted image]

I plan on trying something like this, a clear desk blotter cut into a 1 inch x 8 inch strip that I bend a as a ‘U’ around the base. What do others think?

https://www.amazon.com/Leffora-Protector-Waterproof-Protective-Transparent/dp/B07WFM68YD

5956ECDF-8989-4B45-BA63-73E35D17133D (resized).jpeg5956ECDF-8989-4B45-BA63-73E35D17133D (resized).jpeg
#4001 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm at 6.9. I wonder what's different then?

Can you please try taking a slow motion video of what's going on there?

#4015 3 years ago

For when this pin receives it's final code and is complete, just sharing this aspirational wish (not an expectation). I hope that there are enough adventures such that the experience of filling a card is...

A. Play a random selection of 9 adventures from a larger pool of 15-20 adventures, and choose play any adventures from the pool (including some exclusives upon card completion) for the tenth.

As opposed to...

B. Play 9 adventures in a random order, and choose which of the adventures you've already played that you'd like to repeat.

I understand a lot of work goes into this, so it's not like an easy thing (perhaps something like this is already on the cards). How great would it be to play two consecutive games, filling adventure cards, and it just so happens that the adventures on each of the cards were completely different (I guess this would require 20 total)? Each game would be an unknown sequence of mystery.

#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Which is better?[quoted image][quoted image]

The first one. It has atmosphere.

I’d rather play a colorful universe than R&M in the Matrix.

#4089 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Honest question guys... have you ever played a game with pin stadiums on them?

Yes, I have them on my Shadow and think they look great, but for R&M which is lights show dependent... variations and movement in color and brightness, it doesn’t work (in my opinion).

#4095 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Really? So do me a favor... take your ps off shadow and stick them on r&m, then give me your opinion.

I don’t have my Rick and Morty yet.

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

This game is a fricking blast! Made it to the 12th Morty card and tied my high of 21 Megaseeds! Game is now 100% dialed in and playing great.
[quoted image]

Do the game stats track how many cards have been completed?

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think it does. It does keep a leaderboard for Dimensions visited. I got 10 this game. It gets tough after you complete the Morty card because you can only start them via the left orbit.
[quoted image]

Sorry, I got confused with completed cards vs hole punches. 12 completed cards would have been insane.

What's your favorite adventure so far?

#4116 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Sure. I didn't drill any holes or make any major changes but here's what I did:
Set game pitch to 7.2 degrees.
Increased lower left flipper strength to 35
Increased lower right flipper to 40
Increased upper right flipper to 25
Reduced shooter lane coil to 12
Added 2 thin washers to front of scoop, 1 thin washer to each side to lower it and prevent bounce outs. I also pushed the scoop hood down a tad with my hand.
Added a couple drops of super lube to the spinner.
On the guide by the upper right flipper I tapped it slightly to the right (closer to flipper) and the screw point behind that i tapped it slightly under the wood rail. I was still able to use the original screw holes but this helped both the upper right feed and opened up that orbit slightly.
At the back of the game by the rear diverter I tapped that rail slightly closer to the diverter pin. Still using the original screw hole.
I added a piece of beer seal foam to the right ramp exit. Due to the pitch and speed of the game I was getting some balls that would walk over the outlane. The foam stops this and makes for a cleaner exit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really think it's worth using a transparent desk blotter instead of beer foam: https://www.amazon.com/Leffora-Protector-Waterproof-Protective-Transparent/dp/B07WFM68YD

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4153 3 years ago

To anyone that was seen Season 4 of Rick and Morty, watch the new Twilight Zone, Season 2 Episode 9. Not going to say anything else, and I don’t recommend reading the synopsis. No spoilers.

Just watched it. Wow.

#4158 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Has anyone had the game reset on them while playing? I had just finished Meeseeks Multiball and was about to start a mode and the game reset.

Yes, Meeseeks resets your game when it realizes you aren't going to get the shots, finishing all all of them for you at once, and granting your Meeseeks wish. Unfortunately it also ends your game.

#4166 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I don’t think this is true. I’ve not finished every shot in Meeseeks Multiball, and they end up beating the crap out of each other. Jerry whispers “llllooosseeerr”.

It’s not. I wasn’t being serious.

#4212 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Leave it to the wife to get the ball stuck during a great game. Had to remove the glass for this one...couldn’t even tilt it off
[quoted image]

Does the UFO have a solenoid?

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It is Identified, that is Not a UFO.
That is Ricks flying car,or ship.
RaM thread cred dead lol

Ha yes, yes of course. I mean his ship is still inspired by the UFO saucer look, albeit "Identified". Consider it a freudian typo.

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

A few hours ago #8 arrived and we have been playing nonstop!
I have to give it to Spooky for delivering another HIT! First impressions: Incredible, truly incredible.
Can't wait to put in a few more hours tonight and dive in deep!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Beautiful photos. Such a fun game with the way adventures and dimensions play off of each other... With Meeseeks to add to the pandemonium.

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Paid for #142 today!

Hey neighbor! I’m 143!

1 week later
#4402 3 years ago

Interesting artist that does clever off-brand interpretations of characters, with prints for sale.

Here’s Crink and Boaty.

https://shlives.bigcartel.com/product/crink-and-boaty-from-the-tv
60A59977-9821-4186-B003-69D7746401C4 (resized).jpeg60A59977-9821-4186-B003-69D7746401C4 (resized).jpeg

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Are they building them out of order? If all the AUS exports are shipped together - you have to wait until the very last one is ready?

Doubtful. It’s likely that the later numbers would get them earlier (plus any shipping time).

#4419 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone looking for those sold out Rick and Morty Mondo sculpts to replace the plastic R & M on their topper? Mine just showed up but I sold my spot. They look AMAZING, really high quality sculpts and you can change the heads out for different looks. Also there is a pickle Rick and rat that will fit as under glass mods. Will look RAD. Pm me if interested... they are unopened in the box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I recall the figures being too large proportionally for the portal though.

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

So, uh, is no one gonna talk about how awesome the new Blood Dome adventure is? (Latest beta)

Has it been streamed?

#4426 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yes it is, but I thought we weren't suppose to talk about it.

Like Fight Club?

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is the first “Morty’s Choice” adventure that will only be available and when you finish the adventure card.
In progress; coming soon; yadda yadda

Nice! Would love to see some Cronenbergs. I like how it sounds like Spooky is using Morty driven Adventures for "Morty's Choice," which makes perfect sense. Fingers crossed for some Vat of Acid or Dragon action.

#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This 4/5 step is where the problem is. When a ball moves in the ship, I have to have a large delay before I can verify where the balls are in case they roll across the top of the arc slowly (just ask Karl). So, when you hit it from Rick to Morty and then back quickly before that time has expired, the game hasn't decided for sure where the ball is yet because switches keep changing.
After pouring a fair amount of brain juice on it, I've altered the secondary logic that tracks single ball states inside the lock so now it both detects a transfer sooner (time cut in half) has an even longer delay for balls slowly rolling over the top, and will immediately re-raise any drop knocked down when it hasn't solidly located the ball yet. So in the outlined test steps (now) when you hit the non-green target after rapidly re-transferring the ball, it will immediately snap back up preventing the leak.

Sounds like a good solution. Imagine trying to prepare for all contingencies in that idea explored at one point of having three balls locked there

#4492 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I went butter.
I had a butter TNA for a bit and I think it looks amazing.

Butter is better.

#4505 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I got every option except bill acceptor door and plastic protectors. Here's to hoping there is no delay for butter cabs!

Why no plastic protectors?

#4523 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

While I agree the TNA theme fits the colored protectors better, what is it about the lighting effects that make you not want colored protectors in this game when they look amazing in TNA?

Color protectors alters the way the light displays... Twilight Zone or underwater dimension with color all being filtered through a colored plastic changes things for example.

#4527 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There are dimensions that flood the whole playfield with a single color. If you have different colored protectors under some of the plastics it's going to not look as uniform in color.
[quoted image]

Work of art.

#4584 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hence the use of past tense.

It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'was' was.

#4589 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Look up the definition and get back to me.

It was a 90's reference.

#4630 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It plays so much better when you don't get the cheap drains. It really helps in multiball. Only put in 1 game since making the adjustment and set a new Megaseed high.
[quoted image]

Awesome. Going to be a great community in this thread I think... people sharing tips and tweaks.

#4639 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Lol, gotcha.
I’m not sure that I can play this now without thinking about the Sarlac pit eating someone. Lol

Sarlac pit dimension.

#4664 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I don't think that is true... and I think your mould, or "model", seemingly of stern code comparison of what constitutes "normal", or general assumption about what everyone else judges as "layer", or just "good" even, seems a bit limited in whom it aplies to. Doesn't aplply to me you will find, anyway.
To me there are already many layers, not your "usual" layers though. It's Great!! . Just my counter opinion

Agree, while I wouldn’t be disappointed in more, the existing:
...Layer of adventures
...Plus a layer of dimensions and mega seeds
...Plus a layer of Meeseeks

Create a nice balance of depth as well as approachability.

Add in another multiball, more dimensions/adventures and maybe a wizard mode and the pin is pretty much perfection. At this point I think additional dimensions and adventures would benefit the game more than additional complexity. But that’s just an opinion.

#4667 3 years ago

I seriously dont need another multiball. The groflomite multiball isn’t hard to achieve, I’ve also had meeseeks mania during groflomite and that was insane, stack that during another dimension and during an adventure, holy fuck.

Well the other multiballs could be made more difficult to qualify and repeat.

Two (kind of out there) dimension ideas:

-Magnetic dimension, pulses the magnasave on and off (Th3 P0w3r Dimension) adding randomness - Kind of like the way it functions on Addams Family.

-Tiny dimension, everything is tiny, and the ball is relatively huge. Any shot for a Jackpot, Mode Shot, or Meeseeks will also qualify the switch to the left and right as well as the shot. Probably too confusing to communicate or code, but essentially a missed shot that goes to the left or right of the targeted switch would still qualify the switch... 3 switch hits for the price of 1.

#4706 3 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

I've tried a few times but I don't think they are open today

Perhaps next week?

#4711 3 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

I've checked all the cables and can't find a loose cable. I have noticed that all the boards underneath the playfield have blinking LED lights that match the buzzing sound from the power supply

Did the seller have any issues and/or give any suggestions?

#4735 3 years ago

The Spooky team has really done a great job giving each mode it's own unique experience/personality. Blood Dome is a great example. Karl gives a short breakdown of how Blood Dome works here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/696696670?t=00h15m50s

Karl's streams are worth watching, he's a pretty accurate player, and seamlessly interacts with the chat while playing.

#4765 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

To be far I think all the LCD work for Spooky is done just by one guy, David Vaness. Stern on the other hand has a whole department of multiple animators and artists to do all of the LCD work. The LCD work on Rick and Morty is already extremely impressive. Once the code nears completion they might have time to add more variety to the things that happen often like the match sequence, multiball intro, etc.

Interesting, I guess then the main factor becomes opportunity cost of time - if given the option of that time being spent on another adventure or another match sequence, I'd opt for adventure.

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No doubt.
But, if given the option for another commercial during attract mode, of which there are already more than one, or a second match sequence, which would you choose?

Definitely match sequence.

#4850 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There are some really nice additions in the new beta. I'd recommend checking Tom's stream out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What do the different colors on the Morty adventure card represent? I hadn’t noticed this before.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thats close... yellows are awarded cards. They also have to do with the 2nd picture in my post. There is even more incentive now to complete modes and complete your Morty card. Code is really coming together well as the game is feeling deeper and more polished with every release.

So if green are completed adventures (for the Morty choice multiplier) and yellow are awarded stamps, what’s pink?

#4862 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They are either failed or spotted adventures. Only your first 2 spotted adventures are green. In my case I have 3 spotted at the start of my game.-which ill likely move down to 2 now in hopes of obtaining a perfect card.

Curious... what’s the difference between a failed adventure and a non green spotted one? Aren’t both unsuccessful?

#4902 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

As far as a wizard mode goes, it probably isn't needed if I have the potential to carry a 20x multiplier into a special Morty’s Choice adventure. I can't imagine any wizard mode topping that.

Very true! Although I wonder if the Morty’s choice multiplier resets along with the card?

#4929 3 years ago

I have an out-there idea for two dimensions that could either be innovative or miss the mark completely. I'm sharing here to see what others think... Could it work?

The Dimensions:
Low Gravity Dimension and Heavy Gravity Dimension: An optical illusion via light effects would give the effect of the ball traveling faster or slower up the play-field based on the light show.

How it works:
Using horizontal rows of lights that goes across the playfield and the "Chase" lighting effect (seen on marques and movie theaters) where adjacent light bulbs turn on and off to give the illusion of movement. These rows of lights would move upwards or downwards during the dimension - as this happens the ball SHOULD have the illusion of moving faster or slower based on whether the rows are traveling toward the backbox or the player. It would probably work better as a subtle difference in brightness to the moving lines, instead of full on and off.

The disorientation is be similar to the rotating tunnel in funhouses... How even though there is no alteration to the physical movement, the light movement creates the rotation. Just an idea I had, and I'm not even sure if the effect would be possible, but if it COULD happen, it would fit right in the world of Rick and Morty. What do others think?

#4932 3 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I have enjoyed some wild lighting effects on some machines. However, I have definitely noticed the majority of people I see playing do not seem to enjoy strongly distracting flashing lights or when something becomes a different difficulty level due to the lights. It can be really jarring for some to be having a blast flipping away, and all of a sudden they don't know where the ball is and it's game over. It usually doesn't bother me. In some contexts, aggressive light shows can be very pleasing (I've been front row for a couple Aphex Twin shows if you need a reference on how extreme I can enjoy it). It might be a strong detriment for some, though.

Yes that makes sense, but rather than flashing lights (which I agree would be annoying and not work), I'm recommending a subtle pulse/difference in brightness. Something like the current underwater dimension... But movement pulse instead.

#4942 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I agree, this idea is more of an animation by playfield lights. Motion effect.
Like when you're standing stationary on the beach. Then a wave rolls in over where you are standing. The incoming wave not giving the strongest effect, but the outgoing water running back. If you focus down at your feet at this point you get the sensation you are moving when you know you are not. It can unballance you, I guess similar to the intention by having something similar in a game dimension.
This vid is for some other motion effect, but best I could easily find and it helps visualise the playfield lighting behaviour to give the effect. It is more Motion effect than "flashing".

C372A827-A2A5-4B7C-AD0A-AAF46314A17E.gifC372A827-A2A5-4B7C-AD0A-AAF46314A17E.gif
#4950 3 years ago

Rick and Morty Season 4 is being released on DVD in just over a month! September 22, 2020 according to Amazon!

Very exciting!

#4956 3 years ago

There’s still dvds?

Yes... As I recall the DVD's need to have been released before the adventures/assets are available to be used in the pin.

#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Why wait on DVDs? Season 4 is already available to buy on amazon prime.

Yes, I’ve already watched, great season. My comment was regarding assets being avail.

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah I'll pass on the art blades. They are pretty generic. May just do regular mirror blades if they are available.

I may design a set of art blades, along with the apron. Still need to get my pin so I can color match.

I’ll need to decide if I’ll go for environment/ambience to add to the Rick and Morty world under glass or specific characters and such (in which I’d need to submit for licensing approvals with Adult Swim).

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Cant remember reading of that graveyard item that ALL BS should have. Is it there?

Yep. On top of the backbox.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, I acknowledged these issues up front. It's an imperfect calculation for sure.

They will be done when they are done.

A measured approach is better than rushing pins out. I wonder what sort of issues are possible... Print quality inconsistencies? Cracking clear coat? Hmmm.

I trust Spooky.

#5034 3 years ago

I notice on Morty's choice selection, some adventures have the option of being multiplied by the number of green stamps, and others aren't multiplied. What are the rules on how this works?

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You can only have multipliers on the modes you haven't beat in the current game.

MikeS thanks for clarifying, that makes the Morty’s choice exclusive modes all the more important.

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hey, Pinside, it's a freakin' joke.
"Oh the irony". Honestly, how do you guys watch Rick and Morty without having hernias?

Rick and Morty jokes are funny.

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

He has withdrawn his 12k offer only 100k on ebay left. I´m confused seems like he will keep RM ie no GNR.

Or he can have two pins.

#5095 3 years ago

Rick and Morty is moving up in the Top 100 rankings. It's now #18.

#5156 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Correct. $9154 fully loaded with everything but the bill acceptor, plus shipping.

I opted for the bill acceptor. I may use it for the headphone jack or harryhoudini microverse battery.

#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

they are both honor roll students

Makes sense they would enjoy Rick and Morty then - it's an intelligently written show with some deep concepts.

#5170 3 years ago

Oh, I figured you had something more in depth there.
So you asked them to sign it and they signed it, ok.

Yes, he made it sound more intriguing/out there.

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I just found out that no. 158 has been held up by my own stupid special request
note to self: do not, I repeat, do not ask scott to sign any more games. I meant to sign it with a marker!!!
and I won't even go into what eric did

Two questions to clear this up:

1. What did Scott sign your playfield with?
2. What did Eric do?

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I think the flexing piece of plastic is going to need an upgrade or redesign to work long term.
[quoted image]

I wonder if a strip of mylar would deaden some of the pressure that leads to the crack?

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It’s August and year end won’t be much longer. Sure this is a fan/game thread ... but what do you think of R&M’s chances to win TWIPY for best game ??? Most owners and players opinion ranges from pleased to over-the-moon. I’d handicap it at 75% right now, with new releases still to come.

What other serious contenders are there, the only one I could see being competition would be TMNT. I haven't played TMNT yet, so can't comment, but it also looks very fun. Although I really like the approachable, yet complex rules with adventures x dimensions x Meeseeks multipliers.

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Sorry for using PITA skinny initials but I have been using them for 40+ years.

Do your names all start with ‘I’ or is this just a preferred Set of initials?

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Less than 100 plays and it looks like a crack has started to propagate. I am confident Spooky will provide a fix. If not, this will be a fun problem for our community to solve. Challange accepted!
Note: Shaker motor has been off since day one, so not sure it is a contributor.
[quoted image]

Aw geez, aw man... Wonder if I should sell my preorder spot ‘cause of this

Nah.

#5241 3 years ago

How is charging the portal on the inner orbit supposed to work? I saw a stream yesterday where it was looped three times in a row and didn't max.

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A continuous run of the spinner currently maxes at 3x normal shot - so if you loop it and keep it spinning you hit that max and stop. The thing to do is combo the inner loop where the spinner is with the garage shot - that combo will always fill the meter and start a dimension.

You’re doing an incredible job, so please disregard as appropriate (just a humble opinion)... would it be worth resetting 3x normal shot count if the opto switch gets triggered on additional loops?

#5261 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I got a chance to play Rick and Morty for a couple hours yesterday. What a great game. It kicks you in the nuts but you keep coming back for more. I'm really looking forward to getting mine.
I kept having my ball drain just after the immortality field ball saver timed out. I thought it would be funny to have the game play this clip (at the 0:11) mark if you drain your ball within 10 seconds after the immortality field timed out. It would seem to tie in nicely.

Very clever!

#5331 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah that's all fine and good. My point is that up until this point, I thought payment meant shipping is imminent.

Where did you read this? Why not just have patience.

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Crazy idea, paying in full and wanting to have some vague notion of when shipment might occur for a multi-thousand dollar delivery.
People need to plan for delivery. People still take vacations. People still work. People still etc.
For me, if I paid in full, and didn't know THAT day, when payment was accepted, I'd want answers too.

Then ask Spooky, people here won’t know the exact shipment date. I’m guessing it’s be contingent on many variables outside of forum members’ purview... e.g. supplies, assembly resourcing, etc.

#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Definitely. And foreign sales seem to be a huge factor as well.

Coincidently, I just received and paid my invoice for my Rick and Morty less than an hour ago.

Details for those interested:

• #143 - Build sheet completed sent August 12 (I deferred my build while I was planning a move in August).
• Fully maxed.
• I opted for the purple bill accepter door. Purple looks aesthetically better, in my opinion. Bill accepter will be for headphones or the harryhoudini microverse.
• Kruzman playfield.

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I'm #141 , I only use I I I as my high score initials (not really my initials) . Funny though to be nearly back to back numbers with JJJ .

Now I’m curious of the initials of #142.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Had no business with Kruzman yet so kindly ask if this is (only) for clearcoating or is there anything else Kruzman is doing with the playfield?

It's just clearcoating, arranged with Kruzman at the beginning of the year. Spooky clearcoats are supposed to be very good anyway.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

What did the Kruzman option cost, if you don’t mind me asking?
I’m #386 - have a little time on my hands.

It’s probably not my place to comment, I recommend reaching out to Kruzman directly.

#5469 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

That's the computer used in the first builds. The Asrock computer used from about game #80 on, is the one in the image from KingPinGames.

Is there a difference in performance from these two builds?

#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it.

The answer to your question is Yes.

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fixed! It was a stuck microswitch, loosened the screws on it a bit and now it's operating fine. Thanks epthegeek!

Looking forward to your assessment of the game!

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Check out the video in the iCloud photo gallery I posted. It gives a pretty good view of what the butter is like.
I am SUPER happy with it.

I haven't seen anyone regret getting the butter yet!

#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

From my dealings, Pinball Life sells all replacements pretty professionally. I've not has so much as a pun or dad joke out of them.

I have had them include candy in the order though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,500.00
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

604 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jonesjb. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/1?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.