(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 405.
#901 4 years ago

I don't have mine yet. This one is on location. It was a small drive, but I couldn't wait to play this one. Challenging and fun.

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like the guys who are posting wanted ads for this game and say - if you're someone that is having second thoughts and want to get your deposit back, PM me......
Who in their right mind, even if they think this game is terrible, would do that? The game is going for thousands above msrp! Sure! Thank you for allowing me to get my money back....meanwhile the guy just left thousands on the table. haha
If you want the game, expect to pony up.

Not necessarily. My higher number BSE just went today to a friend locally, who will put it on location at our best arcade. My lower number is still coming, so I'm happy. The more people that can play this, the better!

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Here you go , sorry I was busy playing Rick and Morty ![quoted image]

I’ve played that sexy beast on the left a ton at shows.
Thank you.

#904 4 years ago

Finally got a good one. Filled up adventure card and visited enough dimensions to get an extra ball!

468D0200-220E-4D07-B721-1CADDFCD41D3 (resized).jpeg468D0200-220E-4D07-B721-1CADDFCD41D3 (resized).jpeg731DEEAE-5095-4478-A699-711A1CA96F8D (resized).png731DEEAE-5095-4478-A699-711A1CA96F8D (resized).png
#905 4 years ago

Nicely done! How did you light the extra ball?

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Please tell me you’ve invited Bowen. No disrespect to everyone who played in the last stream, but I’m really looking forward to seeing a top shelf player familiar with the game take it on in a focused session.

I live 1000 miles away but I’m not above raising money for travel

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I believe i remember Bowen starting you light extra ball by completing 10 adventures

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Visit either 5 or 6 dimensions I lost track.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I live 1000 miles away but I’m not above raising money for travel

C’mon, man! Go old school. Stick that thumb out and catch a cross country ride. Think of the stories you’d be able to tell!

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Finally got a good one. Filled up adventure card and visited enough dimensions to get an extra ball![quoted image][quoted image]

Calling attention to the portal lighting affect in your photo, you've captured a great shot of the illuminated bank of 4 LED's reflected into the portal.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Finally got a good one. Filled up adventure card and visited enough dimensions to get an extra ball![quoted image][quoted image]

What happened when you got to ten (Tenth ? ) adventures? . How did that work? ... any choices? , multiball adventure? , Morty quotes?

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I’ve got a topper , but I also have 7 foot ceilings. I will come up with something to modify the topper when I get time .

For those who can't fit the topper we have a "low profile" topper being worked on. Let's just say it includes a couch.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Calling attention to the portal lighting affect in your photo, you've captured a great shot of the illuminated bank of 4 LED's reflected into the portal.

Have you seen it in person? Does it warrant an upgrade to an actual reflected video screen? That was the suggestion but with the actual lights there does it serve the purpose/illusion well enough?

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not necessarily. My higher number BSE just went today to a friend locally, who will put it on location at our best arcade. My lower number is still coming, so I'm happy. The more people that can play this, the better!

That’s for a friend which was really nice. I’m seeing people asking randoms saying they’ll help by allowing you to get your money back. Think it’s hilarious

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That’s for a friend which was really nice. I’m seeing people asking randoms saying they’ll help by allowing you to get your money back. Think it’s hilarious

You got a point there, I passed it on to a friend who never sells his machines and is very generous in this community. Different than some anonymous pinball gift.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

But this would be going on location for people to enjoy... Sheesh some people have no compassion. Very greedy of you lol.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

But this would be going on location for people to enjoy... Sheesh some people have no compassion. Very greedy of you lol.

Not sure if this is a serious statement. If it is please reread what I wrote. I'm not talking about the guy giving it to his buddy. That's great and better it's on location. I'm talking about something different. Random pinside people posting wanted ads saying they'll do folks a favor by giving them their deposit back. What a joke.

#918 4 years ago

The hype for this game is strong, and keeps growing. Hopefully Hilton is able to stream the launch party and demonstrate the few concerns have been squanched.

#919 4 years ago

Finished binge watching the first season and really enjoying it. In some ways it's cool to be going in reverse and seeing the references from the game show up in the episodes. So much great content that you can see made its way into the game. Looking forward to watching it all before the game gets here!

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The hype for this game is strong, and keeps growing. Hopefully Hilton is able to stream the launch party and demonstrate the few concerns have been squanched.

Bugs appear all squanched from the 6? updates provided in the past week. Stable build went up on spooky site yesterday.

I am not sure what other concerns people have, but our game plays really well. Ball launches to skill shot, all shots are dailed, makable, and correctly challenging/satisfying.

If any early batch owners have specific issues then feel free to PM and I am happy exchange numbers and chat.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Have you seen it in person? Does it warrant an upgrade to an actual reflected video screen? That was the suggestion but with the actual lights there does it serve the purpose/illusion well enough?

harryhoudini I have seen the lights in person, and the effect is subtle but still effective. However, I think a reflected video screen of portal could definitely be a worthy mod and add to the effect. If done right it could be an impressive feature and would likely be a popular mod.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

What happened when you got to ten (Tenth ? ) adventures? . How did that work? ... any choices? , multiball adventure? , Morty quotes?

I drained out while playing the mode that had completed it so not really sure, to be honest. I was mostly stacking modes with multiball, and making an effort to change dimensions as much as possible. The game is an ass-kicker but makes you want to come back for more. The only thing I haven't enjoyed is that damn screaming dimension, but I don't care much for the invalid mode on JP either. Two games that have amazing sound and then one mode to just destroy your eardrums. I get the humor but holy shit is it grating to the soul.

#923 4 years ago

I think Im officially going to join the butter club on this one. How many butters have shipped?

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I drained out while playing the mode that had completed it so not really sure, to be honest. I was mostly stacking modes with multiball, and making an effort to change dimensions as much as possible. The game is an ass-kicker but makes you want to come back for more. The only thing I haven't enjoyed is that damn screaming dimension, but I don't care much for the invalid mode on JP either. Two games that have amazing sound and then one mode to just destroy your eardrums. I get the humor but holy shit is it grating to the soul.

that is a hilarious to me

Exactly what it is supposed to do and rare enough to love it.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

harryhoudini I have seen the lights in person, and the effect is subtle but still effective. However, I think a reflected video screen of portal could definitely be a worthy mod and add to the effect. If done right it could be an impressive feature and would likely be a popular mod.

There is also a large green flasher under the subway pointed up that I'm not sure if I have wired into the code yet because the one on my janky whitewood doesn't work.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Great game! But unless you were playing on yesterday afternoon's update you really only had 9; there was a bug filling in one too many lights

/not that it matters, I don't have "you finished the card" stuff built yet.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bugs appear all squanched from the 6? updates provided in the past week. Stable build went up on spooky site yesterday.
I am not sure what other concerns people have, but our game plays really well. Ball launches to skill shot, all shots are dailed, makable, and correctly challenging/satisfying.
If any early batch owners have specific issues then feel free to PM and I am happy exchange numbers and chat.

Since you have self-appointed the role of ambassador, I think it's reasonable for you to demonstrate the simple quick fixes if they are indeed that simple. Don't dismiss folks who are new to this. Just take a quick tour at the start, less than 5 minutes and no fancy camerawork, just to point out "here on the pf is the adjustment you can make for the plunge shot. Over here is the other adjustment for X. If your ball gets hung in this spot a lot, adjust this part. If your spinner seems sticky, check this alignment and then play better. Check out the service menu for other settings, we recommend XYZ".

We shouldn't need a "early" game number pass to get this secret info; lots of folks talking about it and Spooky can differentiate themselves further ahead of Stern by acknowledging the concerns and sharing the info, and you would probably earn some personal goodwill too. Win-Win.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

The only thing I haven't enjoyed is that damn screaming dimension

Oh but that dimension is pure genius. It's not even in the show, but it COULD be. It's just a testament to Spooky having a nod to all the things they love (the infamous Wilhelm Scream in like, every horror movie ever) and the incredible flexibility and potential a theme like R&M and a licensor like Adult Swim have to offer. I personally can't wait to see what other fun, not-strictly-canon-but-plausible stuff appears in this game over time!

(If they want to continue the "overused cliche movie sounds" gimmick, they could use that 2-note dopppler-effect semi-truck horn that's in every single movie that shows, well, an approaching semi-truck. Ugh. That stupid horn sound completely ruins the scene for me but is so overused it's almost comedic at the same time... like it's the 21st century and the sound techs can't go record a different horn?).

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There is also a large green flasher under the subway pointed up that I'm not sure if I have wired into the code yet because the one on my janky whitewood doesn't work.

Great game! But unless you were playing on yesterday afternoon's update you really only had 9; there was a bug filling in one too many lights

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! Now I have to go back and play more, shucks.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Alos is that code posted publicly yet?

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Didn't the Jack Danger stream show games starting with 5 adventures completed? What's the default setting for # modes lit now and how many adventures are currently in the new code release?

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Alos is that code posted publicly yet?

The most recent update was posted on spookypinball.com's support page yesterday afternoon.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Didn't the Jack Danger stream show games starting with 5 adventures completed? What's the default setting for # modes lit now and how many adventures are currently in the new code release?

How many are filled in to start is a setting; defaults to 3 - but the error made it look like 4.

#932 4 years ago
GMZ (resized).jpgGMZ (resized).jpg
#933 4 years ago

Any machines out there is the Chicagoland area yet? Really got the itch to give this game a go.

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

That's pretty awesome. Is there a dimension out there where the Orioles are any good? I kid I kid.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Since you have self-appointed the role of ambassador, I think it's reasonable for you to demonstrate the simple quick fixes if they are indeed that simple. Don't dismiss folks who are new to this. Just take a quick tour at the start, less than 5 minutes and no fancy camerawork, just to point out "here on the pf is the adjustment you can make for the plunge shot. Over here is the other adjustment for X. If your ball gets hung in this spot a lot, adjust this part. If your spinner seems sticky, check this alignment and then play better. Check out the service menu for other settings, we recommend XYZ".
We shouldn't need a "early" game number pass to get this secret info; lots of folks talking about it and Spooky can differentiate themselves further ahead of Stern by acknowledging the concerns and sharing the info, and you would probably earn some personal goodwill too. Win-Win.

Hilton did this in a previous post. No need for video as he does an adequate job describing the things that may or may not need attention.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/16#post-5487562

He had game #2 off the line. There will undoubtedly adjustments that will need to be made. Even with the ball launch wireform that I had brought a few posts ago, it's not really something that I would consider a major flaw. Just something that needs tweaking. It's pinball, it will need tweaking.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

That's pretty awesome. Is there a dimension out there where the Orioles are any good? I kid I kid.

I wanted Mr Poopybutthole on my shirt but they said they can't use those images do to copyrights. But they can use the portal/garage and O's logo?

#937 4 years ago

I am just a pinhead with a game. You have decided in your head whom to self-appoint. That is all for you to determine.

I already ran through all the small tweaks I made for the info of all. I am not sure what else you are looking for.
They were clearly pointed out in text in my review post.

I am not sure why you are so confrontational. No secrets here. My time is valuable, but I understand that some people are not as comfortable with understanding how to make adjustments. Hence why I offered to walk things through with them on the phone for the things I have done.

I assume any tweaks are already done on all future games. Only the first batch likely has similar things that owners 'may' want to adjust.

Do you have a game and some sort of concern. I am happy to chat if so.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hilton did this in a previous post. No need for video as he does an adequate job describing the things that may or may not need attention

Well gollee shit, why stream anything at all then? A few players posted adequate gameplay write-ups, and none other than the coder himself has posted adequate ruleset descriptions... if that should be enough why are we promoting and asking for more streams at all? Especially when we already had one a week ago?!

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do you have a game and some sort of concern. I am happy to chat if so.

Information sharing and helping people enjoy their games is the best of Pinside. Thank you for your detailed posts on the fixes and for offering to help others!

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure why you are so confrontational...

Not meaning to be confrontational. But it seems confusing that while you have been Spooky and R&M's biggest cheerleader - let me be clear and say there is NOTHING wrong with that! - by rising to the defense of criticism (being confrontational yourself with folks who have reasonably expressed concerns), promoting updates and reveals and access, etc... posting words upon paragraphs here describing gameplay and tweaks and other things and repeating yourself for the game's benefit...

...yet, as if the previous stream and all your other written efforts weren't enough, to the point where you're going to stream and repeat gameplay again? Well, why not repeat your "tweak" advice too with some added benefit of visual clarification. You just said some folks aren't comfortable, so instead of walking them through with repetitive phone calls, just cover it once in a video and be done for the benefit of all. Broaden your horizons a bit. I'm confused why you wouldn't consider this.

But it's not my show, I was just offering a suggestion within the context of what you seem to be doing. Not being confrontational. FTR I don't personally think the issues are a big deal, I resurrect games and work on my own and other folks'. I have a R&M on order but it will be one of the last off the line so there's nothing I can offer up front here other than my own excitement, and the assumption I am confident any bugs will be resolved by then. I would gladly have been one of the early adopters and helped resolve issues, but "life" has me delayed a bit. I'm just glad to have a spot in line.

#941 4 years ago

But it seems confusing that while you have been Spooky and R&M's biggest cheerleader

I am someone that they trust to hold them accountable. I support all pinball and esp those companies that want to continue to improve and request feedback and make improvements.
I am far from a cheerleader and I find it confrontational and insulting for you to insinuate such.

I am not in charge of streaming anything. Any additional streaming is because people are asking for more of it (understandable as not all can travel for the launch party)

I have not heard back from Jack yet, so if anyone would like to make arrangements and come to the launch party and stream gameplay then please reach out.
Happy to get more content out there for people to see. I am also happy to arrange for early entrance so you can get set up. During launch party, you can let the stream roll but this is a launch party. People will be having fun, competiting, drinking beers, and high fiving. It will be a location based bar stream.

If a streamer would like, we can use a camera and do a close up overview of the entire pf and my personal adjustments to help others with early games that need a video explanation instead of just text details.

#942 4 years ago

We shouldn't need a "early" game number pass to get this secret info;

Pretty sure he was inferring Spooky will tweak a lot of those problems in later production, therefore the offer to help the early adopters.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am someone that they trust to hold them accountable. I support all pinball and esp those companies that want to continue to improve and request feedback and make improvements.
I am far from a cheerleader and I find it confrontational and insulting for you to insinuate such.

Hmm... I'm honestly a little aback at how that would be seen as a confrontational insult? I didn't mean "pom-pom sisboombah" cheerleader but more like... the cheerleading that comes from parents and/or family relatives supporting and promoting their kids but holding them accountable. That's the role I'm personally more accustomed to as a parent with pinball on the side, so that's where my headspace was. To me being properly involved as a "cheerleader" who still holds kids (or whomever) accountable to their failures and improvement opportunities is very far from an insult. "Coach" would be a better term for that action, also implies a degree of vetted / hired authority that doesn't apply here. So if that helps you understand where I was coming from, it sounds like we are actually on the same page.

If I were anywhere close to Madison, I'd be there to participate and happily get my ass kicked in a round of R&M by you. FWIW I visited Madison a couple times just before moving south and even then it was one of the coolest towns I'd ever visited, so I'm always amused to see it such an epicenter of a hobby I only discovered years later.

#944 4 years ago

Well gollee shit, why stream anything at all then? A few players posted adequate gameplay write-ups, and none other than the coder himself has posted adequate ruleset descriptions... if that should be enough why are we promoting and asking for more streams at all? Especially when we already had one a week ago?!

WTF?

#945 4 years ago

Whatever happened to asking nicely, being polite, and showing appreciation?

#946 4 years ago

Talking with Jack and trying to get a stream set up for the launch party...

stay tuned.

Confirmed that Bug and Chuck are for sure coming. Likely bringing some prototype parts to add to the swag basket.

For TNA he gave us a proto backglass to use. For AMH we had Ben's actual ghost model.
Hoping for some fun stuff

Hope lots of pinsiders come.

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think Im officially going to join the butter club on this one. How many butters have shipped?

Pretty sure they have not.

I am machine #34 and I got butter (along with every other option,) and I am waiting to hear from the good folks as to when they are ready to ship.

I am pretty close to certain that the first batch of butters have been printed and are on the line this week.

#948 4 years ago

Hmm... I'm honestly a little aback at how that would be seen as a confrontational insult? I didn't mean "pom-pom sisboombah" cheerleader but more like... the cheerleading that comes from parents and/or family relatives supporting and promoting their kids but holding them accountable. That's the role I'm personally more accustomed to as a parent with pinball on the side, so that's where my headspace was. To me being properly involved as a "cheerleader" who still holds kids (or whomever) accountable to their failures and improvement opportunities is very far from an insult. "Coach" would be a better term for that action, also implies a degree of vetted / hired authority that doesn't apply here. So if that helps you understand where I was coming from, it sounds like we are actually on the same page.
If I were anywhere close to Madison, I'd be there to participate and happily get my ass kicked in a round of R&M by you. FWIW I visited Madison a couple times just before moving south and even then it was one of the coolest towns I'd ever visited, so I'm always amused to see it such an epicenter of a hobby I only discovered years later.

Many of the people who were the first to get machines are in effect trusted individuals and locations that serve as beta testers for bugs and what not.
This sort of level of hands on is an excellent thing in my opinion.
Spooky is in my opinion the mosts hands on company in the industry and really connects with their clients. Having this kind of open line of communication with customers that are going to be constuctinve and help in the process is going to be huge to help the code get “polished quicker” and get any bugs sorted out. Other locations are doing similar things to do their part and report back to Spooky any bugs in the code or adjustments they had to make to the machine. Here is a pucture of a message on the wall next to the Rick and Morty at Ayce Gogi. This sort op open line of communication between Spooky and thier client will help insure that as time goes on games will be coming off the line with issues fixed that were discovered early.
I think it’s a great thing.
E3E54F23-220E-492A-A91F-C291ED635E93 (resized).jpegE3E54F23-220E-492A-A91F-C291ED635E93 (resized).jpeg

#949 4 years ago

To elaborate a little on the copious amount of streaming.
I think this is a good thing, especially early on. If the stream is being recorded than there is documented evidence of any bug that occurs that can be gone back and examined.

Not to mention that when you are playing a game, you might not notice a bug because you are following the ball on the play field and not looking up at the screen when said bug occurred.

Having a bunch of eyes on a game during a stream is a good thing, especially early on.

This will be really helpful in getting things sorted out quicker.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Whatever happened to asking nicely, being polite, and showing appreciation?

That shit only happens in Canada. You got a problem with that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/19?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.