(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 405.
#9501 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I know it's been discussed, but that type of plastic really isn't designed to flex. For the trouble of switching to a more elastic plastic, I have to suspect a piece of die-cut spring steel in the same shape, would work a lot better and last almost forever. To preserve cosmetics they could laminate it with a mylar sticker of the same art currently beneath the transparent part.
Speaking of mylar... has anyone tried laminating a broken part with some mylar strips, or even thick clear packing tape, to see if that would work any better? Thin strips of mylar might make a decent hinge where the range of motion is pretty limited. Certainly couldn't hurt to try this if the original breaks and you don't have a spare. You'd have to laminate both sides of the part across the break... with a small gap between them to allow the laminate "hinges" to flex without forcing the bottom one to stretch (the bottom would flex upward; the top would compress into the gap; both would be needed to keep the parts aligned and prevent the mech/ship from simply flopping over & getting stuck).

I don't have one so I can't tell for sure, but I don't get why there isn't just a tube directly under that cone-like white piece and have two posts or hooks on the cone attached to small springs attached to the tube/pedestal below that pull the cone down to a home position where the inside of the cone it rests on top of the tube, then when it's poked from underneath, the springs pull it back down onto the tube to "home" position. Would get rid of that plastic square on the side completely and make the printed plastic it covers fully visible. You could make the tube top curved so the cone rested somewhat randomly to introduce more jiggliness in the spring above, too.

#9502 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I know it's been discussed, but that type of plastic really isn't designed to flex. For the trouble of switching to a more elastic plastic, I have to suspect a piece of die-cut spring steel in the same shape, would work a lot better and last almost forever. To preserve cosmetics they could laminate it with a mylar sticker of the same art currently beneath the transparent part.
Speaking of mylar... has anyone tried laminating a broken part with some mylar strips, or even thick clear packing tape, to see if that would work any better? Thin strips of mylar might make a decent hinge where the range of motion is pretty limited. Certainly couldn't hurt to try this if the original breaks and you don't have a spare. You'd have to laminate both sides of the part across the break... with a small gap between them to allow the laminate "hinges" to flex without forcing the bottom one to stretch (the bottom would flex upward; the top would compress into the gap; both would be needed to keep the parts aligned and prevent the mech/ship from simply flopping over & getting stuck).

I agree with you (not a wonderful design). It's not that exciting a feature, which is why people are looking for ways to disable it (to avoid plastic breakage).

I imagine the modding community might improve on this...

Given all the other tweaks throughout this thread, I imagine Spooky has more important fish to fry (like the flipper bushings).

#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Very nice!
Mine has not broken yet and creeping up on about 600 plays .
So I have a very important question for you… After you made this repair/modification did it get rid of the clunky sound that the original one made? I really don’t like the clunky sound that thing makes every time it hits the ship.
I mean it’s not the worst thing but it would be cool if your modified part makes that sound go away!

Can’t you just remove the metal plate on the plunger underneath? That’s also the source of the clanking sound on my game.

#9504 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Seems like there have been enough reported cases of this part breaking that Spooky needs to address the issue. I believe there has even been reported cases of the the modified part available from PinballLife (https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0185-00) breaking. And loosening the retaining screws is not a proper solution.

The two "pivot" screws, being without tension (retaining, with set clearance) is perfectly legitimate in terms of engineering, considering the materials. Nylok nuts were designed to meet a need for various applications (where the old metal crimplok nuts were inappropriate).

All that is needed is for those two bolts (floating anchors realistically) to be the guide and passive locator, without having any clamping tension to concentrate fatigue in the plastic part (it is Bad firm fixing these outboard bolts, it inhibits the ability of the part to flex across its whole surface area, promotes failure where distortion is concentrated and becomes extreme). An anchor is needed there, and there isn't really a more appropriate choice for the fixture. Not without over-complicating things anyway.

Spooky would do well to QC this during assembly, the problem would no longer exist. I set mine appropriately the first day out of the box, no problems about a thousand games now .... design seems pretty good in my view, but only if assembled correctly to avoid stress and breakage.

#9505 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t you just remove the metal plate on the plunger underneath? That’s also the source of the clanking sound on my game.

Two more ways that might help snapping or noise, besides a minimal amount of dry lube on the coil bracket where the flap slides and loose bolts, that could be effective:

-Trim 1/8" from the ship pin, less travel would mean even less chance again of the plastic snapping. I don't think this would make heaps of difference in terms of noise though, since most of the movement and rattle seems to come from the violence of the plunger stroke itself.

-Add a PeT-G washer between the Flappy Plate and the bell of the coil plunger. I could see this dampening alot of the flappy plate noise, against the bell.

The lubricating coil bracket, and loosening ship screws, got rid of almost all of the really annoying noises from my ship action. It's not more noticeable than the topper now really, and I haven't tried either of the two other ideas, as yet.

Certainly, the clackky noise (and the ship action) can be disabled by removing the flappy plate itself, and the game remains fully functional. Without animated ship.

I think it adds something though, just the same as the head in Frankenstein Lol

#9506 3 years ago
BB90B2CA-6FBC-45A5-922A-8A4E7A5E04D9 (resized).jpegBB90B2CA-6FBC-45A5-922A-8A4E7A5E04D9 (resized).jpeg
#9507 3 years ago

Heads up! My game has been routed and seen a fair amount of play, and is beginning to wear. It’s a non-butter. I will be removing the side rails and putting Mylar to stop it as-is, but some might wish to prevent wear at all.

3EE04030-5AB5-49F4-95DD-8C00C74DA5B9 (resized).jpeg3EE04030-5AB5-49F4-95DD-8C00C74DA5B9 (resized).jpeg
#9508 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Heads up! My game has been routed and seen a fair amount of play, and is beginning to wear. It’s a non-butter. I will be removing the side rails and putting Mylar to stop it as-is, but some might wish to prevent wear at all.
[quoted image]

I thought that was camera flash shine initially. Yikes, that definitely calls for a mylar round or something under the see-through armor before this happens to other routed ones...

#9509 3 years ago

Happy new year Spooky true believers!

Drinking in the Freeek Kingdom.

#9510 3 years ago

So testing / trouble shooting did confirm bad transistor. Spooky worked with me all day via email to verify it was in fact the transistor. Should ship one out on Monday. Decided I wanted it running sooner so I stole #1 (unused?) and put it in #8(left flipper) Was extra careful with the iron and the solder sucker definitely helped.
Happy new year!

20210101_000842 (resized).jpg20210101_000842 (resized).jpg
#9511 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

So testing / trouble shooting did confirm bad transistor. Spooky worked with me all day via email to verify it was in fact the transistor. Should ship one out on Monday. Decided I wanted it running sooner so I stole #1 (unused?) and put it in #8(left flipper) Was extra careful with the iron and the solder sucker definitely helped.
Happy new year!
[quoted image]

Great news. Running now is better than running next week.

#9512 3 years ago

That guy sure does say bitch a lot

#9513 3 years ago

Just looked at mine, similar story...

LH
20210101_174242 (resized).jpg20210101_174242 (resized).jpg

20210101_174256 (resized).jpg20210101_174256 (resized).jpg
RH

Game count of about 1000

#9514 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought that was camera flash shine initially. Yikes,

Yeah, fortunately it kind of matches the art and blends well, for now

#9515 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Okay, after about 15 hours of play my ship hinge broke. Took it out (what a pain) and used a scavenged leaf spring from an old TZ standup target and created a proper flexible hinge. Ship motion works properly now. Will have to figure out something to cover the screws to clean up the visual look

Yep, mine broke as well. Do you have a bit more detail on how you fixed yours? Thanks.

#9516 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just looked at mine, similar story...
LH
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
RH
Game count of about 1000

Is yours a butter?

#9517 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is yours a butter?

Nope.

I wouldn't expect this to occur with butter.

Might be another argument for the pros to going butter.

#9518 3 years ago

Tech talk, sick of it!
Happy new year!

20210101_002806 (resized).jpg20210101_002806 (resized).jpgdan-akroyd-santa (resized).jpgdan-akroyd-santa (resized).jpg
#9519 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from razorsedge:

Two more ways that might help snapping or noise, besides a minimal amount of dry lube on the coil bracket where the flap slides and loose bolts, that could be effective:
-Trim 1/8" from the ship pin, less travel would mean even less chance again of the plastic snapping. I don't think this would make heaps of difference in terms of noise though, since most of the movement and rattle seems to come from the violence of the plunger stroke itself.
-Add a PeT-G washer between the Flappy Plate and the bell of the coil plunger. I could see this dampening alot of the flappy plate noise, against the bell.

The lubricating coil bracket, and loosening ship screws, got rid of almost all of the really annoying noises from my ship action. It's not more noticeable than the topper now really, and I haven't tried either of the two other ideas, as yet.
Certainly, the clackky noise (and the ship action) can be disabled by removing the flappy plate itself, and the game remains fully functional. Without animated ship.
I think it adds something though, just the same as the head in Frankenstein Lol

Part 2 - Added a post rubber to the bell, made a significant difference. A bit extra material I think would have all but eliminated the bicycle bell like sound the flappy plate gets up to. Perhaps a round profile rubber would work sweet there mate

#9520 3 years ago

https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/
R&M seems like the logical fit for many of these categories.

Just sayin... let’s get Scott, Eric, and team spooky the recognition they deserve for this awesome game!

#9521 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Part 2 - Added a post rubber to the bell, made a significant difference. A bit extra material I think would have all but eliminated the bicycle bell like sound the flappy plate gets up to. Perhaps a round profile rubber would work sweet there mate

That is a great improvement!

Nice work.

#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just sayin... let’s get Scott, Eric, and team spooky the recognition they deserve for this awesome game!

Yes, everyone please remember to vote and keep Spooky in mind as R&M deserves a good deal of consideration.

By the way, is there anywhere to download Scott’s music from R&M? We can’t find it online like TNA is. Thanks.

#9523 3 years ago

Man...I haven't played a single game on those lists....

#9524 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Rick and Morty is easily top choice in many of the categories.

#9525 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, with no shows in 2020 I had pretty limited exposure to new stuff as well. Voting off of streams is odd, but is what it is. I sure hope Rick & Morty wins some things.

#9526 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've played most of the 2020 games and Rick and Morty is easily my favorite among most categories which is saying a lot considering how good the other games are. The game is fun and addictive and puts a smile on my face every time I play it.

#9527 3 years ago

If you're having trouble with coils, check to make sure the wires are soldered to the coil lugs. I had two coil lugs that weren't soldered.

20201222_185449 (resized).jpg20201222_185449 (resized).jpg20210101_140354 (resized).jpg20210101_140354 (resized).jpg
#9528 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

OOF. I’ve had my game for less than a week and now the upper flipper isn’t working anymore. Also getting consistent launch ball rejects on the wire form.. that or it goes sailing out into the back of the game.

Found the post about bending the rail - thanks for posting that seems to be working!

Still cant figure out the upper flipper issue.

I tested the coils and the upper flipper is working fine during the test.. however when in a game it will just stop working, or just start flipping randomly or delayed - no longer in tandem with the lower right flipper. Not sure what else to do or check.

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

however when in a game it will just stop working, or just start flipping randomly or delayed - no longer in tandem with the lower right flipper. Not sure what else to do or check.

See the post right above yours, make sure the wires are actually soldered to the flipper coil lugs and not just wrapped.

Spooky team, might want to slow the pace down a hair.

#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

See the post right above yours, make sure the wires are actually soldered to the flipper coil lugs and not just wrapped.
Spooky team, might want to slow the pace down a hair.

Yeah I checked that first and they are soldered on. Another pinsider suggested adjusting the switch. Here's a pic of my right flipper with the button pressed in.. so the plastic piece needs adjustment?

thumbnail_IMG_5895 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_5895 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_5897 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_5897 (resized).jpg
#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Yeah I checked that first and they are soldered on. Another pinsider suggested adjusting the switch. Here's a pic of my right flipper with the button pressed in.. so the plastic piece needs adjustment?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, just bend that back leaf closer to the rest of the stack so it makes contact easier/quicker and stays engaged. Also, make sure the little "nub" dot at the end isn't jagged or broken off on the inside where it makes contact.

#9532 3 years ago

I just put up my best score. This game is so rad!

49F8800B-EF03-49D9-9D65-96CCBB25C7AC (resized).jpeg49F8800B-EF03-49D9-9D65-96CCBB25C7AC (resized).jpeg
#9533 3 years ago

Did terrible on Rick potion #9.

#9534 3 years ago

I did fondle the most balls with 11 though!

#9535 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up! I checked my game and saw that it was just starting to wear on the right side. I ended up taking out two of the screws on each side rail and put some peel and stick mylar down for protection. You can't tell that its even there and the game should be well protected now. It only took about 10 minutes.

20210101_191231 (resized).jpg20210101_191231 (resized).jpg20210101_200540 (resized).jpg20210101_200540 (resized).jpg
#9536 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks for the heads up! I checked my game and saw that it was just starting to wear on the right side. I ended up taking out two of the screws on each side rail and put some peel and stick mylar down for protection. You can't tell that its even there and the game should be well protected now. It only took about 10 minutes. [quoted image][quoted image]

Spooky making a running factory change and putting a thin piece of die-cut thin circular plastic under the armor there on both sides would stop this in its tracks for the approx 40-50% of machines left to run.

#9537 3 years ago

Wrong thread sorry.

#9538 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks for the heads up! I checked my game and saw that it was just starting to wear on the right side. I ended up taking out two of the screws on each side rail and put some peel and stick mylar down for protection. You can't tell that its even there and the game should be well protected now. It only took about 10 minutes. [quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t you have the butter finish?

#9539 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Don’t you have the butter finish?

I have the standard decals which look great, but I do sometimes regret not splurging for the butter!

#9540 3 years ago

Noooo

20210101_222341 (resized).jpg20210101_222341 (resized).jpg
#9541 3 years ago

Just upgraded the stock lcd to an LG one and installed PinMonk fan .

Both made a huge difference and highly recommended. (Though the screen replacement is definitely a luxury).

Also put the spacer under the speaker - what a pain in the a$$ that was. As usual what seem like simple jobs turn out to be the hardest.

#9542 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just upgraded the stock lcd to an LG one and installed vireland fan .
Both made a huge difference and highly recommended. (Though the screen replacement is definitely a luxury).
Also put the spacer under the speaker - what a pain in the a$$ that was. As usual what seem like simple jobs turn out to be the hardest.

More than the fan? Getting the power supply in a position to work on with the Spooky machines is definitely not convenient...

#9543 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More than the fan? Getting the power supply in a position to work on with the Spooky machines is definitely not convenient...

Power supply was a bit of a pain but I knew what to expect since I had to take one out of TNA a while back. Just have to be slow and methodical and follow your instructions- which are excellent BTW.

What a difference though. Well worth it.

#9544 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Power supply was a bit of a pain but I knew what to expect since I had to take one out of TNA a while back. Just have to be slow and methodical and follow your instructions- which are excellent BTW.
What a difference though. Well worth it.

Yeah, once you get the power supply in a position to work on it, the rest isn't hard, just lots of steps. But that back connector REALLY should be a molex to allow easy removal and attaching without mistakes. Maybe on Ben's upcoming Spooky...

And yeah, people write me all the time about how they knew it would be better, but didn't know how MUCH better it was once the new fan was in. Basically from a vacuum cleaner in the next room sound to almost nothing.

#9545 3 years ago

Here’s some “after” photos of the LG lcd upgrade. Much crisper, cleaner and more vibrant colours, not washed out - much deeper blacks (sounds like a tv ad, but I guess that’s what they’re selling also). Unfortunately Don’t have “before” photos.

0A6244DC-9C68-4C98-9958-8659237592CD (resized).jpeg0A6244DC-9C68-4C98-9958-8659237592CD (resized).jpeg111D1700-CD60-4F40-A136-6E7858BAA9B2 (resized).jpeg111D1700-CD60-4F40-A136-6E7858BAA9B2 (resized).jpeg5BF76FAF-1C87-41D1-A9D1-5A0E751A8B11 (resized).jpeg5BF76FAF-1C87-41D1-A9D1-5A0E751A8B11 (resized).jpeg5F86DA6E-1189-48AA-851E-44AC3041A2B3 (resized).jpeg5F86DA6E-1189-48AA-851E-44AC3041A2B3 (resized).jpeg7EECBC40-E57D-4B71-AC73-5E4B2F9C1BBD (resized).jpeg7EECBC40-E57D-4B71-AC73-5E4B2F9C1BBD (resized).jpegB7953379-0E4E-47FE-A34D-89BED26B6C67 (resized).jpegB7953379-0E4E-47FE-A34D-89BED26B6C67 (resized).jpegD2BB20ED-46EF-4349-BF8C-D98ED13A39B1 (resized).jpegD2BB20ED-46EF-4349-BF8C-D98ED13A39B1 (resized).jpeg
#9546 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here’s some “after” photos of the LG lcd upgrade. Much crisper, cleaner and more vibrant colours, not washed out - much deeper blacks (sounds like a tv ad, but I guess that’s what they’re selling also). Unfortunately Don’t have “before” photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't seen it IRL, but I would assume the stock LCD is a TN panel because they're super cheap. Unfortunately, TN panels have poor color gamut/reproduction and terrible viewing angles, washing out the screen if you're only off angle a few degrees up, down, left, right. I would guess the LG panel is some flavor of IPS or a PVA panel, both of which have better color gamut and much better viewing angles. What's the model on the LG you got?

#9547 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't seen it IRL, but I would assume the stock LCD is a TN panel because they're super cheap. Unfortunately, they have terrible viewing angles, washing out the screen if you're only off angle a few degrees up, down, left, right. I would guess the LG panel is some flavor of IPS or a PVA panel, both of which have better color gamut and much better viewing angles. What's the model on the LG you got?

I’ll dig up the details and post here. Definitely the viewing angle is much better also.

#9548 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’ll dig up the details and post here. Definitely the viewing angle is much better also.

Bit of a shame this is considered a worthwhile mod :-/ Did you fiddle with LCD panels settings before popping in the new panel? I wonder the bulk price difference between buying the OEM R&M panel vs the on you've used.

#9549 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Bit of a shame this is considered a worthwhile mod :-/ Did you fiddle with LCD panels settings before popping in the new panel? I wonder the bulk price difference between buying the OEM R&M panel vs the on you've used.

Adjusting the LCD settings of the stock panel won't help the poor viewing angle that causes a washed out look even a few degrees off angle if it is a TN (as it seems to be). That's why I'm interested in any part number markings on the stock panel to determine what kind of panel it is as well as the model of the LG to confirm it's an IPS flavor or a PVA.

#9550 3 years ago

Anybody else had the thrill of CLUNK lost ball in the cabinet yet?

The ball fits through there rather easily. Didn't take long to figure out what happened!

16095734083814558023954455451759 (resized).jpg16095734083814558023954455451759 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 300.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,500.00
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/191 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.