(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 405.
#851 4 years ago

Curious if Spooky consciously used the British English form of spelling for certain words like “travelling” and “theatre”?

#853 4 years ago

The shop is testing a new update today that should hopefully cork several of those "Cons". Still plugging away at some others.

#854 4 years ago

Really great review and I enjoyed reading. One can give constructive criticism without being an ass. You sir, did a great job at that.

Your thoughts are consistent with my first impressions playing the game on location as well. The game that I played (Hilton's #2 BSE) was tuned pretty well. I also experienced the same launch ball and backspin into the turnaround lane (which we saw a lot of on the stream). I wonder if a piece of rubber at the end of that wireform would stop the backspin that was happening and cleanly feed the upper flipper. Hopefully something that can be tuned out somehow without too much work.

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Really great review and I enjoyed reading. One can give constructive criticism without being an ass. You sir, did a great job at that.
Your thoughts are consistent with my first impressions playing the game on location as well. The game that I played (Hilton's #2 BSE) was tuned pretty well. I also experienced the same launch ball and backspin into the turnaround lane (which we saw a lot of on the stream). I wonder if a piece of rubber at the end of that wireform would stop the backspin that was happening and cleanly feed the upper flipper. Hopefully something that can be tuned out somehow without too much work.

They are tuning super easily here. I made a quick video. Coil settings reset on update so often the games are not set to the correct shooter lane power. They are supposed to hit an drop. We have had some people intentionally try to make it go all the way around the orbit for whatever reason.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

just as a heads up

2 second adjustment is all that is needed.

Bend end of shooter lane wireform down so ball hits it squarely and drops.

On stream, there was 4 cameras mounted and i could not properly reach in to bend it.

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just as a heads up
On stream, there was 4 cameras mounted and i could not properly reach in to bend it.

Speaking of streaming, when will the next one be? Does IO allow any one to come setup? Do you have to call ahead?

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Speaking of streaming, when will the next one be? Does IO allow any one to come setup? Do you have to call ahead?

you would need to coordinate with me if you wanted to.

I think Jack and crew may be coming back this Saturday for the official launch party

#859 4 years ago

I can't imagine they let anyone just come and set up on a machine?

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I can't imagine they let anyone just come and set up on a machine?

Ive been canvassing twitch streams and the majority say if you call ahead and go when its not busy that you can do it any where really.

Quoted from Whysnow:

you would need to coordinate with me if you wanted to.
I think Jack and crew may be coming back this Saturday for the official launch party

Cool, if I get the urge to make the trip Ill drop you a message ahead of time.

Hopefully we get one down here soon.

#861 4 years ago

Ive been canvassing twitch streams and the majority say if you call ahead and go when its not busy that you can do it any where really.

coordinate with me if you want. Happy to help arrange if someone wants to stream

#862 4 years ago

That's killer, I wasn't expecting to hear that but love how friendly the pinball community is.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just as a heads up

I figured it would easy, but I wonder if the ball hitting the wireform repeatedly would cause it to bend out again. For me, not a big deal to have to take the glass off occasionally to adjust (at home), but it was just something that happened when I played yours.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I figured it would easy, but I wonder if the ball hitting the wireform repeatedly would cause it to bend out again. For me, not a big deal to have to take the glass off occasionally to adjust (at home), but it was just something that happened when I played yours.

Maybe one of the mod guys could design some kind of a 3d printed thing that adds on to the wireform to make the stop more reliable? The designed intent is for the ball to come down to the upper flipper for a shot -- going the wrong way around the loopback and coming out away from the flipper is a huge bummer.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe one of the mod guys could design some kind of a 3d printed thing that adds on to the wireform to make the stop more reliable? The designed intent is for the ball to come down to the upper flipper for a shot -- going the wrong way around the loopback and coming out away from the flipper is a huge bummer.

No problem. I'll be at IO bar on Thurs/Fri taking measurements. I'll add this to the list.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

While a mod guy could fix that, it should be properly adjusted and tested at the factory to perform as intended, in my opinion.

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

While a mod guy could fix that, it should be properly adjusted and tested at the factory to perform as intended, in my opinion.

Or just turn the launch power down one notch.

#868 4 years ago

Would it be worth it to have a real plunger?

Full plunge to hit the portal if you have it lit.

Soft plunge for skill shots.

New mod?

Does it become too much like woz then?

#869 4 years ago

And they'll do their best, to be sure. But if it's the kind of thing that gets worked out of whack over time, perhaps something additional wouldn't be a bad thing.

#870 4 years ago

So if the shooter lane coil gets turned down to stop it from going to far and missing the upper flipper feed, which is important for the skill shot. Is the problem where we saw two balls stuck in the shooter lane going to be worse or has something changed code wise to prevent this? Asking for a friend

#871 4 years ago

Spooky to customers: Don't be Jerry

Customers to Spooky: Don't be Stern

In all fairness this plunge shot sounds like the type of thing that simply can get out of whack during shipping, setup, leveling, incidentals, etc... which is not unprecedented. Williams had specific instructions on several games such as Whirlwind to tweak and adjust and the plunger shot. As long as the proper, intended config is documented and communicated, and the adjustment is easy for the customer, I don't see this as a huge problem. As has been said, the early games were bound to unearth some necessary adjustments and QC tweaks, and this sounds like a classic case.

#872 4 years ago

If they have the ability at the factory, then I would like to see them add a second wire loop stacked on top of the single loop at the end of the shooter lane wireform.

This would be a permenant fix.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has anyone ever done a timed multiball mode where after the time runs out flippers die, balls all drain, then shoots 1 ball back into play (not a ball loss, just basically that mode is over)? Seems like this idea would be a candidate for something like that.
I know that Space Station has it's 'extra ball' mode that does this, but it's at the end of the game.

GOTG: Cherry Bomb multiball.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has anyone ever done a timed multiball mode where after the time runs out flippers die, balls all drain, then shoots 1 ball back into play (not a ball loss, just basically that mode is over)? Seems like this idea would be a candidate for something like that.
I know that Space Station has it's 'extra ball' mode that does this, but it's at the end of the game.

The Hobbit Smaug Multiball

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If they have the ability at the factory, then I would like to see them add a second wire loop stacked on top of the single loop at the end of the shooter lane wireform.
This would be a permenant fix.

That's what I was assuming the printed part would do. Would be nice if they were able to fix it.

#876 4 years ago

For any lucky early-birds - todays new build is on the SpookyPinball.com site now. The change log just isn't updated yet, so here's that:

Build 2020.02.22
- Added: Post adventure 'card' update video clips and callouts
- Fixed: If an unwanted 2nd ball sneaks into the lock, the game can now deal.
- Fixed: Ball search wasn't completing a full cycle properly due to an error
- Fixed: logic improved for launch power ramping up to clear excess balls in the shooter lane
- Fixed: It was possible for the music to stop on a scoop shot with no actions
- Fixed: "EASY" setting on Antigrav charge speed was broken
- Fixed: Adventure card on playfield was lighting 1 too many inserts
- Fixed: Display error if changed back to FREEPLAY with partial credits available
- Fixed: Roy intro callout was not playing
- Fixed: In a tilted state, there was a broken call to ball search that could cause a crash
- Changed: Adventure start pauses ball search
- Changed: Tilt video now has audio

#877 4 years ago

Just sayin...

60613632-1376-44A4-A4B9-CA59BC00917C (resized).jpeg60613632-1376-44A4-A4B9-CA59BC00917C (resized).jpeg
#878 4 years ago

So is this thing a sweet shooter with the tweaking or what? Just looking to hear they like to shoot it as much as the craftsmanship, innovation, value, programing, sound, lights, art, and so forth... its legits right? There is a JP premium on location that i go back to every few weeks because those shots are just “there”. We getting that here?

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

So is this thing a sweet shooter with the tweaking or what? Just looking to hear they like to shoot it as much as the craftsmanship, innovation, value, programing, sound, lights, art, and so forth... its legits right? There is a JP premium on location that i go back to every few weeks because those shots are just “there”. We getting that here?

oh yes!

#880 4 years ago

https://www.madisonpinball.com/rick-morty-launch-party

https://www.facebook.com/events/146324173160490/

Official Rick and Morty Launch Party is this Saturday.
Team spooky will be there (Bug has been practicing and will wreck us all )

All invited. Open to the public.

Fun times to be had and a chance to play along with some of the team.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please tell me you’ve invited Bowen. No disrespect to everyone who played in the last stream, but I’m really looking forward to seeing a top shelf player familiar with the game take it on in a focused session.

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Please tell me you’ve invited Bowen. No disrespect to everyone who played in the last stream, but I’m really looking forward to seeing a top shelf player familiar with the game take it on in a focused session.

this is a launch party. All are welcome.

BTW, I am a top shelf player and tossed up 9+million on stream

If you are equally as awesome, then come on by. We may even be streaming the event, so you could be the pickle rick to show the rest of the world.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Doh... I almost flew out on Sat. That should be fun!

#884 4 years ago

Kevin & Carole at Lyons Classic Pinball received #21 today which should be all set up and ready to go Thursday. Thanks to @ghostbc for letting me slide in and play a few games. It’s really a fun game to shoot and I’m a fair player at best. Right ramp to right flipper to left ramp to upper flipper through the spinner is super gratifying. Music is absolutely bumping and the lights are impressive. Good job, Spooky!

B4F80ECB-D0CF-4C79-9811-7B55D30C7CEA (resized).jpegB4F80ECB-D0CF-4C79-9811-7B55D30C7CEA (resized).jpeg05E72105-0E31-41F2-8A75-1BF3CB6C91CD (resized).jpeg05E72105-0E31-41F2-8A75-1BF3CB6C91CD (resized).jpegF95A6152-A5C0-430B-9985-E9F26B20C00D (resized).jpegF95A6152-A5C0-430B-9985-E9F26B20C00D (resized).jpeg
#885 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is a launch party. All are welcome.
BTW, I am a top shelf player and tossed up 9+million on stream
If you are equally as awesome, then come on by. We may even be streaming the event, so you could be the pickle rick to show the rest of the world.

Ha! I am nowhere near top shelf (and live waaaay far from you). I like watching A+ players, though. It’s fun and improves my play. Looking forward to the stream. Show me what you got!

#886 4 years ago

Speaking of that callout....is that a callout at anytime in the game? Like on ball launch?

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Speaking of that callout....is that a callout at anytime in the game? Like on ball launch?

It says that when you put your initials in after a high score.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It says that when you put your initials in after a high score.

I believe he says "Shoot me what you got!".

#889 4 years ago

You son of a bitch , I’m in .

19A6FD35-EB1D-4EE2-87D7-0E6E147AAB1A (resized).jpeg19A6FD35-EB1D-4EE2-87D7-0E6E147AAB1A (resized).jpeg
#890 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You son of a bitch , I’m in .[quoted image]

I'm trying to figure out what that is on the far left? Virtual without a backbox screen?

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm trying to figure out what that is on the far left? Virtual without a backbox screen?

It's much better than that! You can serve up a frosty beverage from it.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Beer pinball

#893 4 years ago

Turn those other games on Doug!

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You son of a bitch , I’m in .[quoted image]

Aww bitch... no topper?

FDB89080-0329-40EB-9712-40EFBD60772A (resized).jpegFDB89080-0329-40EB-9712-40EFBD60772A (resized).jpeg
#895 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Turn those other games on Doug!

Here you go , sorry I was busy playing Rick and Morty !

5ED34FBA-4708-460D-A38C-F3E521A60C77 (resized).jpeg5ED34FBA-4708-460D-A38C-F3E521A60C77 (resized).jpeg
#896 4 years ago

This game is awesome!

20200224_215057 (resized).jpg20200224_215057 (resized).jpg
#897 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Aww bitch... no topper?[quoted image]

I’ve got a topper , but I also have 7 foot ceilings. I will come up with something to modify the topper when I get time .

#898 4 years ago

I like the guys who are posting wanted ads for this game and say - if you're someone that is having second thoughts and want to get your deposit back, PM me......

Who in their right mind, even if they think this game is terrible, would do that? The game is going for thousands above msrp! Sure! Thank you for allowing me to get my money back....meanwhile the guy just left thousands on the table. haha

If you want the game, expect to pony up.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I’ve got a topper , but I also have 7 foot ceilings. I will come up with something to modify the topper when I get time .

I figured... I was just messing around.

Actually, I haven’t even checked to see if mine is going to fit but I have another year to worry about it.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

This game is awesome![quoted image]

What number are you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/18?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.