(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 405.
#9101 3 years ago

Hi everyone!
So I wanted to chime in on this as it has been asked to me many times now. The little adjustment holes are there to help get both flipper resting positions in the proper place. To adjust them, with flipper rubber on the bats, put a tooth pick in both of the adjustment holes and let the flippers rest against them and tighten them up that way. This is the way that I had it configured in all my Whitewood testing and the way I prefer it to be set. By doing this, you may not be able to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper, but I never meant for that to be possible originally. This may help out with the ease of being able to hit the left ramp more smoothly. Thanks everyone!
--Scott

#9102 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hi everyone!
So I wanted to chime in on this as it has been asked to me many times now. The little adjustment holes are there to help get both flipper resting positions in the proper place. To adjust them, with flipper rubber on the bats, put a tooth pick in both of the adjustment holes and let the flippers rest against them and tighten them up that way. This is the way that I had it configured in all my Whitewood testing and the way I prefer it to be set. By doing this, you may not be able to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper, but I never meant for that to be possible originally. This may help out with the ease of being able to hit the left ramp more smoothly. Thanks everyone!
--Scott

What if mine has always let me shoot the left smoothly & backhand the right? I love it that way!

#9103 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What if mine has always let me shoot the left smoothly & backhand the right? I love it that way!

Then you are good to go!

#9104 3 years ago

Now ....

3 pages of Round v Flat Toothpick fighting.

#9105 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Now ....

WTF is a flat toothpick?

#9106 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Now ....

Round. Problem solved.

#9107 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

WTF is a flat toothpick?

It's actually a thing, I had some back in the day. Weird huh?

#9108 3 years ago

It's actually a thing, I had some back in the day. Weird huh?

Today I learned.....

#9109 3 years ago

By doing this, you may not be able to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper, but I never meant for that to be possible originally.

Damn Scott, you are even more evil than I thought you were.

#9110 3 years ago

How much is the shaker integrated into this game?
I love having the shaker on games like TNA, MET, and GB, but find it totally unnecessary on games like Deadpool and IMDN.

It’s almost time for my build sheet and I’m leaning against ordering a shaker.

#9111 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I love having the shaker on games like TNA, MET, and GB, but find it totally unnecessary on games like Deadpool and IMDN.

Can't help with how much the shaker is used, as I don't have one, but can say, that the sub feels a bit like a very mild shaker sometimes

#9112 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Take it with a grain of salt, but I like the shaker. I never would have purchased it in a prior game (seems like an expensive frill that isn't needed to play, right?) but when I started getting them with my JJP games I realized how immersive they are. The shaker integration is different than the sub woofer beating. I did the kit install from PBL, so you can save a bit doing it that way but either way I would get it again.

#9113 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I always wondered about that setting. It confuses me. If in fact this setting makes the inner loop shot smoother, why would it not be a default setting? In fact, why would it even be an option? I.e., what would the advantage be to *not* turning it on?

I had mine on from the beginning and indeed my inner orbit was smooth right out of the box. I didn't love hearing the clack of the diverter with every loop so I then disabled it and the shot is still smooth with no rattling rejects, etc.

So I've left mine off.

#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mine is fine to.

I can hit the left ramp all day long and I can also back hand the right ramp very easily.

what gives?

Are the people having the issues with the right flipper weakness making the adjustment where they add the No Fear disc or not?

#9115 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Mine is fine to.
I can hit the left ramp all day long and I can also back hand the right ramp very easily.
what gives?
Are the people having the issues with the right flipper weakness making the adjustment where they add the No Fear disc or not?

#500 does both ramps then some with the right flipper easily, from trap. On 27 power.

#9116 3 years ago

For those of you less mechanically inclined, who cannot disassemble flippers and grind down bushings in the time it takes to snap a picture (timed myself, 30 seconds)
I offer a quick simple solution....push the flipper rubbers down. Took about 10 seconds per flipper and works like a charm.
I know it looks obscene not having the rubber exactly in the middle of the flipper, but I assure you it has the same effect as grinding down a bushing to lower the bat. I'll leave it like this until the new bushings are made, that way I can spend the 30 minutes it would realistically take to grind down the bushings, playing Rick and Morty

20201217_071448 (resized).jpg20201217_071448 (resized).jpg20201217_071724 (resized).jpg20201217_071724 (resized).jpg
#9117 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

For those of you less mechanically inclined, who cannot disassemble flippers and grind down bushings in the time it takes to snap a picture (timed myself, 30 seconds)
I offer a quick simple solution....push the flipper rubbers down. Took about 10 seconds per flipper and works like a charm.
I know it looks obscene not having the rubber exactly in the middle of the flipper, but I assure you it has the same effect as grinding down a bushing to lower the bat. I'll leave it like this until the new bushings are made, that way I can spend the 30 minutes it would realistically take to grind down the bushings, playing Rick and Morty
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that's a Engineering Marvel.

#9118 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

...but I assure you it has the same effect as grinding down a bushing to lower the bat.

I'm not a mechanical engineer (or physics guru), but I doubt this is true. My bushing is 3/16" off the PF. If the bushing is lowered 2/16", the bat will be sitting 2/16" lower in the clamp, which (I believe) will improve the operation of the flipper.

Flipper tuning/performance is really an art/skill. If you add the proper "flipper gap" to the 3/16" off the PF, the bat ends up being held too close to the end of the bat. By lowering the bushing, the bat will be "choked" at the position it was designed for.

Based on much trial/error over the years, I've seen minor changes to the flipper gap effect flipper performance. DILE is a great example...many folks were complaining about poor flipper performance when the game was released. The problem was the factory "gap" wasn't right...factory flippers were binding (causing loss of power). Simple adjustment improved flipper performance dramatically.

Not saying your lower flipper rubber isn't a good low-effort, short-term improvement...just pushing back on your assertion that "it has the same effect".

IMG_2948 (resized).jpegIMG_2948 (resized).jpeg
#9119 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Just throwing this out there, but that may cause air balls off your flippers due to the now upward angle of the flipper rubber. It's going to act more like a pitching wedge now than a 3 wood. Your mileage may vary though.
--Scott

#9120 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

My right flipper was binding. The gap between the bushing and the flipper (where the flipper spacer tool would go) was about 1/4" travel versus left with 1/8" or so. I reduced the gap, changed the alignment to not be so far from the alignment hole and set the flipper power to 35. I can hit the left ramp every time now. Oh man, game changer.
The plungers on each flipper look drastically different. I'm gonna swap the sleeves and clean out the dust and see how the plunger looks full length. What do you experts have to say about the inconsistent wear? Completely related to the excess gap? [quoted image]

I noticed this on my machine when I first went over it (received it yesterday), and then saw it in your picture. The left flipper mech hits the EOS switch. On mine it seems that when the playfield is down, it doesn't affect it too much, but when it is up, the flipper mech and bolt head catches the switch and can bend it. This might unadjust the EOS if you are working on the machine and don't notice it.

I'm thinking of snipping a small bit of the end of the EOS switch off, so it only hits where it should.

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 8.57.28 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-12-17 at 8.57.28 AM (resized).jpg
#9121 3 years ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

I noticed this on my machine when I first went over it (received it yesterday), and then saw it in your picture. The left flipper mech hits the EOS switch. On mine it seems that when the playfield is down, it doesn't affect it too much, but when it is up, the flipper mech and bolt head catches the switch and can bend it. This might unadjust the EOS if you are working on the machine and don't notice it.
I'm thinking of snipping a small bit of the end of the EOS switch off, so it only hits where it should.
[quoted image]

Don't cut it. Loosen the screws on the EOS switch, move it down a little so it clears the washer, and tighten the screws back down.
--Scott

#9122 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I would say that if you think a shaker on DP and IMDN is totally unnecessary, you would probably feel similar about R&M. I have a shaker, and I'm glad I do, but with all the bass that this pin puts out, I have to admit I don't notice the shaker all that much.

#9123 3 years ago

Hi everyone!
--Scott

Thanks Scott. So an obvious question then is why don't they use this procedure at the factory? My game out of box had the flippers 1/2 inch or more higher than normal. Never seen a game setup that way before and I quickly "fixed" them. BTW my flippers are setup as you described, maybe a hair higher, and I can backhand the *RIGHT* ramp with the right flipper no problem.

#9124 3 years ago

Last night, I pushed my flipper rubbers down a hair (too far and you will get some airballs), took two screws out of the garage rail and adjust my upper flipper a smidge. Next game... I set a GC.
Didn't really think my garage shot was that difficult before, but wanted to try it with the screws removed. Significant difference. Ball was flying up into the garage.

OoooWeee

#9125 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

and I can backhand the left ramp with the right flipper no problem.

Cross playfield backhands FTW.

#9126 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Cross playfield backhands FTW.

lol. Brain fart...

#9127 3 years ago

#423 in the house!

RnM in the house! (resized).jpgRnM in the house! (resized).jpg
#9128 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I don't know what it is, but the only shakers I like are on my JJP's. They have a nice mellow, controlled rumble to them. Every other game I have a shaker on, it's just an annoying jackhammer feeling.

#9129 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Since you posted this yesterday, I've been refreshing my email like I'm shopping for a PS5.
My dates matched yours except for ship notice. Just got the email saying the #427 build is complete and they hopefully will get it on a truck tomorrow!
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

You two are making me antsy! I am number 424 got the invoice the same day and returned it the next day.... didn’t get invoice for a week and a half later (dec 11th)... machine went on the floor for assembly on the 10th.

Hoping they can get the machine finished this week and out early next week. Doesn’t spooky close down for the week after Xmas??

#9130 3 years ago

I like my shaker in R&M, I have it on low, and its a real good subtle but effective shaker action

#9131 3 years ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:

You two are making me antsy! I am number 424 got the invoice the same day and returned it the next day.... didn’t get invoice for a week and a half later (dec 11th)... machine went on the floor for assembly on the 10th.
Hoping they can get the machine finished this week and out early next week. Doesn’t spooky close down for the week after Xmas??

I feel your anxiety brother...

#9132 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I like my shaker in R&M, I have it on low, and its a real good subtle but effective shaker action

Agreed, and if you get the base controlled by inserting the zip ties under the glass it’s a huge difference. You can Differentiate the base and the shaker a lot more once you get that base controlled.

I highly highly recommend just lifting the channel for the glass and inserting some zipties just as Whysnow Posted long ago

#9133 3 years ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:

Now I'm ansty too! I got my build sheet on Dec 6th (#437) and returned it same day, but still haven't gotten an invoice.

I know it shouldn't matter, I was expecting to get the machine around February, but all the recent numbers close to mine got me excited. Curse you Spooky for building all this anticipation!

#9134 3 years ago

Is there any truth to this rumor that a lot of the 400's already went over seas so we might be in for a jump soon?

#9135 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm not a mechanical engineer (or physics guru), but I doubt this is true. My bushing is 3/16" off the PF. If the bushing is lowered 2/16", the bat will be sitting 2/16" lower in the clamp, which (I believe) will improve the operation of the flipper.

It probably wouldn't work long-term due to stresses on it (then again, maybe it will. Who knows?), but 3D printing a gasket to raise the flipper bushing on the flipper plate would lower it on the playfield and should give it the desirable gap until the Spooky bushings are available. As long as the linkage of the flipper mechanism still clears the raised bushing on the underside, it should work fine.

#9136 3 years ago
Quoted from flowcanon:

Is there any truth to this rumor that a lot of the 400's already went over seas so we might be in for a jump soon?

There are even machines in the 500's that are already in peoples hands. This was due to the cost savings of filling out a shipping container.
Pretty sure i read that even a SE machine was already built as well.

#9138 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

There are even machines in the 500's that are already in peoples hands. This was due to the cost savings of filling out a shipping container.
Pretty sure i read that even a SA machine was already built as well.

I think it was a standard that had Kalaxian Crystal legs shipped with it

#9139 3 years ago

#427 is on its way. Shipped out today. Due 12/21

#9140 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

#427 is on its way. Shipped out today. Due 12/21

That’s rad.
You gonna open it up? Or wait till Christmas?

#9141 3 years ago

Happy Solstice, indeed.

#9142 3 years ago

Hi everyone!
--Scott

Hi Scott,
I can't post pass right to left, but it works fine left to right.

Do you think resetting the flippers to this position would address that? Really hurts in modes where everything on the right is lit and I can't dead flip it to the left.

#9143 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That’s rad.
You gonna open it up? Or wait till Christmas?

Bahahahaha. Right. I think i waited long enough this year.
I have next two weeks off, so i got some catching up to do with all these impossibly high scores being posted.

#9144 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hi Scott,
I can't post pass right to left, but it works fine left to right.
Do you think resetting the flippers to this position would address that? Really hurts in modes where everything on the right is lit and I can't dead flip it to the left.

Definitely worth trying. Post passing should be possible in both directions.

#9145 3 years ago

Can someone tell me the right way to play Meeseeks Mania Multiball. Unless I'm missing something, when I'm in an adventure, and I activate Meeseeks Mania, the multipliers don't apply to the adventure shots... It would seem like I'd prefer NOT to go into Meeseeks Mania when I'm in an adventure (so I can take advantage of standard 3X and 4X Meeseeks multipliers to the adventure shots. What am I overlooking?

And when I'm in Mania, should I be focusing on clearing blue shots, or smacking the Meeseeks box?

#9146 3 years ago

Any chance of voices for Gerry, Beth and Summer? Real or voice actor, I don’t mind, but they’re really missed IMO.

#9147 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Any chance of voices for Gerry, Beth and Summer? Real or voice actor, I don’t mind, but they’re really missed IMO.

This game is so far ahead of almost every pinball I've ever owned (in terms of dialogue), I can't say I miss the other characters much. Would definitely be cool if one of the adventures included Gerry/Beth/Summer. Maybe a wizard mode to hold out the carrot?

#9148 3 years ago

Are there other types of bushings available that are the correct height?

#9149 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are there other types of bushings available that are the correct height?

Not for B/W flipper assemblies, apparently. If an existing bushing worked better, it would have been discovered by now. As Charlie said, modifying the bushing requires retooling (which I'm sure they would avoid if possible).

#9150 3 years ago

Pulled my right bushing last night. Going to a friends place to trim it down a bit. Will report back with before and after pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/183 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.