(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,228 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 405.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I was thinking the same thing! This game needs Pinside reviews. There is only one brief review that though positive in tone overall also implies that the game is “clunky” due to geometry.
Hilton - thanks for taking the time to post such an awesomely detailed review! Please take another minute to copy and paste your review to the ratings section for R&M!

I will rate when back and CPU.

My rating won’t count for Pinside since I removed all my other ratings but I think the text will show up?

#802 4 years ago

I actually don’t care so much about ratings, but I am a bit concerned that with most early games going out to locations and the first batch of owners not posting reviews yet that the rating herd momentum could be skewed to a negative bias by players frustrated by what’s sounding like a harder than average pin. Clusters of opinion tend to generate its own momentum even if untrue. The only rating thus far has R&M sitting at 33 between Ghostbusters and Creature. Not shabby but not where it sounds like this game belongs.

If you’ve got one and like it, say so in a rating. Tell others outside of the club what you think. If future code updates and/or factory assembly adjustments make it better or worse, tweak the review.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I actually don’t care so much about ratings, but I am a bit concerned that with most early games going out to locations and the first batch of owners not posting reviews yet that the rating herd momentum could be skewed to a negative bias by players frustrated by what’s sounding like a harder than average pin. Clusters of opinion tend to generate its own momentum even if untrue. The only rating thus far has R&M sitting at 33 between Ghostbusters and Creature. Not shabby but not where it sounds like this game belongs.
If you’ve got one and like it, say so in a rating. Tell others outside of the club what you think. If future code updates and/or factory assembly adjustments make it better or worse, tweak the review.

The ratings are meaningless with so few. It just takes time for a game to settle into a spot in the rankings, as it should. Go look at the ranking history of any game on pinside. They all have large variation early on because there is too little data, then the curve smooths out.

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly, this game is the whole package.
This game fucking rocks!

This is an exceptional review, best I’ve seen. Great summary in addition to some technical advice. Thanks for the detailed impressions, wish we had more reviews like this!

#805 4 years ago

Thanks - Great Review, Hilton (Hamilton).

#806 4 years ago

ok
updated my rating with text now

Also rated some of my other favs to surpass the pinside threshold for approval of ratings.

#807 4 years ago

Nice.

My only quibble would be your TWD fandom. Man, I hated that pin when I played it. Granted, it was a routed pro that likely has/had old code.

Tried to give it a fair shake, but it was just not for me. One of the ugliest pins I have ever seen as well.

#808 4 years ago

The comparison to TWD has me excited. That's one of my favorite Sterns, period... It's that weird sorta-Paradox of brutal, and yet simple with lots to do. By simple I mean "approachable" in that you're not overwhelmed with crap and loops and ramps and geometric time-bending, so it's pretty obvious what needs to be done... Yet it's far more difficult than it appears... And yet it's not unfair either once you figure it out; you can have a riot but can never get complacent either.

If R&M plays like that it should be a great game indeed! But R&M easily wins the appearance category... TWD really is an (appropriately) ugly game to look at.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Many games have crap blinking all over the place that makes it difficult to know what's going on.

I've owned my POTC for over a year and I still don't know why some of the inserts blink the way they do!

#810 4 years ago

+1 to ayci Gogi in Los Angeles. Play it today if you live nearby.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#811 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

You cant really convert a hand drawn pic to vector... You "can" But its not the result you want. If you want that, you have to hand draw your vector. Its also unnecessary for this size.

Yes, correct... This is what I was referring to when I said "manually converted". And yes, it will be small size, but I prefer the vector for the art I'm imagining for the precision I can apply to the different stroke widths (to correspond with an Ikea/Plumbus instruction manual style).

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

These are normal things I do for every game I touch.

Not sure why but this sounds creepy.

#813 4 years ago

This game sounds like it’s hitting on all cylinders, it could end being a timeless classic like the venerable medieval!

736D06F9-C1F3-412F-B52B-5EF96CD75EB2 (resized).jpeg736D06F9-C1F3-412F-B52B-5EF96CD75EB2 (resized).jpeg
#814 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

This game sounds like it’s hitting on all cylinders, it could end being a timeless classic like the venerable medieval![quoted image]

Gav on top of Jay.

Guessing than ain’t a first

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Not sure why but this sounds creepy.

Again!

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gav on top of Jay.
Guessing than ain’t a first

You can be on top and still be a bottom(google it)

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You can be on top and still be a bottom(google it)

Would AltaVista work as well?

#818 4 years ago

Those towers seem to be protected well

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Would AltaVista work as well?

Is that a lube?

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How tall is it with the topper..beginning to wonder if my ceiling is high enough

Topper is a little over 12". Top of back box height will vary based on how you set your rear legs. In my case about 76" so total height needed is approx 88" to 88.5".

20200222_201652 (resized).jpg20200222_201652 (resized).jpg20200222_202336 (resized).jpg20200222_202336 (resized).jpg

The spinning disc has some extra clearance in the bracket (about 1.5") so you could lower the spinning portal and motor if you drilled new holes in the bracket. The front figures are about 11" high so if you lower the portal you could reduce total hopper height by about 1".

20200222_202448 (resized).jpg20200222_202448 (resized).jpg

I have low ceilings in my basement and it fit....kind of. Just required a slight modification to the ceiling.

20200222_201913 (resized).jpg20200222_201913 (resized).jpg

#821 4 years ago

For those interested in the pinnovators headphone, subwoofer, vol control kit, here's how it looks with the black coin door. You can also see the changes I made to the start and launch buttons.

Since each press of the start button adds a Morty to the game I thought a little Morty there made sense.

Launch ball changed to squanch ball is a no brainer.

rps20200223_214318 (resized).jpgrps20200223_214318 (resized).jpg
#822 4 years ago

For those considering the custom Rick and Morty back box hinges

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0101-00

And want to see how they look installed heres the stock hinge vs the custom ones.

20200222_175425 (resized).jpg20200222_175425 (resized).jpg20200222_180400 (resized).jpg20200222_180400 (resized).jpg

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Is that a lube?

Google it.

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Topper is a little over 12". Top of back box height will vary based on how you set your rear legs. In my case about 76" so total height needed is approx 88" to 88.5".
[quoted image][quoted image]
The spinning disc has some extra clearance in the bracket (about 1.5") so you could lower the spinning portal and motor if you drilled new holes in the bracket. The front figures are about 11" high so if you lower the portal you could reduce total hopper height by about 1".
[quoted image]
I have low ceilings in my basement and it fit....kind of. Just required a slight modification to the ceiling.
[quoted image]

Thanks for measuring the topper. My basement ceiling is 88.5" so it should just barely fit!

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those considering the custom Rick and Morty back box hinges
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0101-00
And want to see how they look installed heres the stock hinge vs the custom ones.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing! I think I prefer the default ones. The green clashes with the black and breaks up the unity by adding an other distracting element.

#826 4 years ago

Quick question about the rules... I noticed when I lit the adventure mode start (via ramps), sometimes the mode start is the center shot but other times it's the right orbit or left portal shot. How is the mode start shot decided, is it meant to be different for various modes?

#827 4 years ago

Anybody here received their Standard Edition R&M yet? Or are only the BSE's arriving?

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Anybody here received their Standard Edition R&M yet? Or are only the BSE's arriving?

Only BSE. Standard will be at the end.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Only BSE. Standard will be at the end.

Thanks, I've added the BSE to the IPDB. Our listing for SE will wait until I hear they've begun to ship (likely, when I hear buyers received them).

We could use some owner's pics of BSE about now, hint hint.

Thank you.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Thanks, I've added the BSE to the IPDB. Our listing for SE will wait until I hear they've begun to ship (likely, when I hear buyers received them).
Thank you.

Do they have to be owners pics? I have a gallery of various shots you can take, I believe they are mostly all from Spooky.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/N7sgX8QLEcb1QVhC7

#831 4 years ago

Do they have to be owners pics? I have a gallery of various shots you can take, I believe they are mostly all from Spooky.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/N7sgX8QLEcb1QVhC7

It's just that we insist on having photographer's permission in our archives for the pictures that we show, that's why.

Unfortunately, Spooky Pinball does not return my emails.

Were those pictures in your link all from one source, or did you collect them from various sources?

If any of them came from Spooky's webpages, seems to me they are ok for copying. Stern and JJP are that way.

But I'd prefer to have the URLs to make note then copy them direct and probably you don't have them?

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

It's just that we insist on having photographer's permission in our archives for the pictures that we show, that's why.
Unfortunately, Spooky Pinball does not return my emails.
Were those pictures in your link all from one source, or did you collect them from various sources?
If any of them came from Spooky's webpages, seems to me they are ok for copying. Stern and JJP are that way.
But I'd prefer to have the URLs to make note then copy them direct and probably you don't have them?

Mostly from Spooky's Facebook. They were definitely all from Spooky as they were available before games shipped. I'd think they are fair use and if anyone asks you to take them down that is ridiculous.

#833 4 years ago

Mostly from Spooky's Facebook. They were definitely all from Spooky as they were available before games shipped. I'd think they are fair use and if anyone asks you to take them down that is ridiculous.

Thank you. Good to know.

For others reading this, I still would like pics of your delivered game, if photographed by you.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Thank you.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=morty&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quick question about the rules... I noticed when I lit the adventure mode start (via ramps), sometimes the mode start is the center shot but other times it's the right orbit or left portal shot. How is the mode start shot decided, is it meant to be different for various modes?

I think that some adventures need the garage to start. Like Pickle Rick.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from kermit24:

I think that some adventures need the garage to start. Like Pickle Rick.

Right now it's just Pickle Rick, because it made the most sense thematically - Bowen requested that it start from the garage. There's one other adventure planned so far that will likely start from the garage, I think.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Right now it's just Pickle Rick, because it made the most sense thematically - Bowen requested that it start from the garage. There's one other adventure planned so far that will likely start from the garage, I think.

That makes sense, and as more modes are added, it will be more random (currently garage = Pickle Rick)

Maybe a summer gets bigger mode!

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Maybe a summer gets bigger mode!

I'd love to see a Summer mode, Summer Get's Bigger or Keep Summer Safe, would be awesome! But given Spooky doesn't have the rights to the voice assets, I don't see it happening

#839 4 years ago

Is Mr. Poopybutthole voiced by Roiland? Might be a stretch with mode choices, but he's one of the funniest characters on the show. I see he made the translite, but don't see him on the playfield?

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'd love to see a Summer mode, Summer Get's Bigger or Keep Summer Safe, would be awesome! But given Spooky doesn't have the rights to the voice assets, I don't see it happening

They can use clips as-is. I’m fairly sure they don’t license clip by clip, it’s all in.

But I’m open to being corrected.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

And between those two, I’d prefer Keep Summer Safe.

#842 4 years ago

Keep Summer Safe would be awesome!

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

They could use KT for the voice of the car. She has experience in pinball voice work from AMH.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Agreed!
E4DD9A5F-3D3F-433C-8213-FEBA8D0B777E (resized).jpegE4DD9A5F-3D3F-433C-8213-FEBA8D0B777E (resized).jpeg

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Be a good Multiball.

...with short limits on Flipper Holds.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Be a good Multiball.
...with short limits on Flipper Holds.

Has anyone ever done a timed multiball mode where after the time runs out flippers die, balls all drain, then shoots 1 ball back into play (not a ball loss, just basically that mode is over)? Seems like this idea would be a candidate for something like that.

I know that Space Station has it's 'extra ball' mode that does this, but it's at the end of the game.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has anyone ever done a timed multiball mode where after the time runs out flippers die, balls all drain, then shoots 1 ball back into play (not a ball loss, just basically that mode is over)? Seems like this idea would be a candidate for something like that.
I know that Space Station has it's 'extra ball' mode that does this, but it's at the end of the game.

TZ - LITZ

#848 4 years ago

And Data East Jurassic Park.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

And Data East Jurassic Park.

And CV (wizard mode).

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Monopoly land grab also?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 13,500.00
Trade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/17?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.