(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 404.
#8901 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just tried to update my game but after I rebooted it says update required.
Did I need to unzip the code or do I need to update twice?
It was an empty USB stick.

I went through this updating my game last night. First USB drive I used had the same result as you (Update Required Screen - even tried it 3 times) Found a different drive and repeated the process successfully - so it appears that the system is rather picky on the media used.

Only issue I had other than that was my settings and scores all reverted to factory defaults - realized that on the first game I played on the new code and started hearing beeps...

#8902 3 years ago

When I tried to update the first time it didn't work for me. I had bought bigger storage space drive, then found my daughter's old lady bug drive was able to format it to fat32 and it worked like a charm. So the wife got a nice new drive and I get a lady bug for my future updates.

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

When I tried to update the first time it didn't work for me. I had bought bigger storage space drive, then found my daughter's old lady bug drive was able to format it to fat32 and it worked like a charm. So the wife got a nice new drive and I get a lady bug for my future updates.

The one I have working for my update this week. I got a marker and tape and labelled - Spooky R&M Update, so I don't fuck it up next times

#8904 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The one I have working for my update this week. I got a marker and tape and labelled - Spooky R&M Update, so I don't fuck it up next times

Got the lady bug hanging on my coin door keys.

#8905 3 years ago

I'm happy to say I haven't had any issues with mine.
I've been trying to figure out how use the the anti gravity once it's charged and when to use the 3rd button. I know the button drains the anti gravity and tried pushing it when the ball drains, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a complete rule set written somewhere?

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I've been trying to figure out how use the the anti gravity once it's charged and when to use the 3rd button. I know the button drains the anti gravity and tried pushing it when the ball drains, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a complete rule set written somewhere?

The magnet is near the right outlane. You need to press it before it drains to affect the ball. Once it’s drained, it’s too late.

#8907 3 years ago

This is starting to get frustrating now.

Got my R&M a couple of weeks ago, took a while to get bottom right flipper strong enough to get up left ramp. I think that's finally done now.

Still working on the top right flipper to hit garage regularly but it hasn't worked yet. Adjusted the flipper to be on par with the lane coming down to it, but still no great results. I almost NEVER am able to hit the garage upon launch. 1 out of 100 maybe.

And then today, the bottom left flipper started, well....bugging out! Here's a video below of the issue at hand. Obviously it started to "act up" during a multi-ball because of all the flipping so I wanted to show you what happens in this video. Can anyone diagnose the problem or should I be emailing Spooky? Thanks!

I was flipping the whole way through.

#8908 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I use it most when I see the ball heading in the direction of the right side. If it’s past the A then you’ve waited to long. The worst is snagging the ball and then dropping it at the wrong millisecond of the pulse and burning yourself. It’s so much fun though.

#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The magnet is near the right outlane. You need to press it before it drains to affect the ball. Once it’s drained, it’s too late.

Quoted from JustEverett:

I use it most when I see the ball heading in the direction of the right side. If it’s past the A then you’ve waited to long. The worst is snagging the ball and then dropping it at the wrong millisecond of the pulse and burning yourself. It’s so much fun though.

Sweet! Now I know what to do
Thanks!

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Sweet! Now I know what to do
Thanks!

Best if the ball is moving slow, and looks like it’s gonna go out the right side, kind of tap, tap, tap it, it can suck that ball clean out and to the left flipper if it comes out nice.

#8912 3 years ago

I got the code working with a different USB stick. Thanks.

I’m just sorry because I forgot to check my audits before they got erased.

Only issue is the ball shooter is not as strong and needs 2-3 times to eject. I upped the power and it’s working better.

So glad it’s got more modes but curious why Rick potion is locked out until 10 modes is that because it’s the wizard mode? I like to start with a blank card so I’ll never see it unless I bump the starting number up higher. I’m just curious why that mode is locked out from the normal rotation.

#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only issue is the ball shooter is not as strong and needs 2-3 times to eject. I upped the power and it’s working better.
So glad it’s got more modes but curious why Rick potion is locked out until 10 modes is that because it’s the wizard mode? I like to start with a blank card so I’ll never see it unless I bump the starting number up higher. I’m just curious why that mode is locked out from the normal rotation.

Eric said it's not a normal mode. It's pretty much the wizard mode. Pretty simple.

#8914 3 years ago

A couple times I've been playing and all voice call-outs stop working. The music and background noises continue, but nothing from Rick or Morty. Only fix is a reboot. I'll have to throw in a USB stick next time it happens. Anyone else notice this?

#8915 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

10 adventure is morty’s pick.
Love potion is a Morty adventure.

#8916 3 years ago

Does anyone else find themselves tapping the magnasave button area on their other games now?

#8917 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

Does anyone else find themselves tapping the magnasave button area on their other games now?

Haven't played any of my other games since I got this, but I do occasionally find myself tapping magnasave when the ball is draining on the left.

#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

Def YES, i laughed at myself after i hammered the right side of the cab on my LotR

#8919 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

Not really - I do switch the right diverter on my Shadow a lot more though

#8920 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

Yuppppppp

#8921 3 years ago

Originally leveled my game at 6.9 (per Scott's suggestion IIRC). Too brutal for my skill level. Dropped it to 6.7 a couple weeks ago and didn't notice much difference...still too brutal. Just dropped it to the traditional 6.5 and I'm having much more success. Left ramp is more achievable, speed overall is more manageable. After only 2-3 games at 6.5 got my new high score of 40M. Much happier...I gravitate toward more challenging games, but can't keep up with R&M at the more aggressive angles. YMMV.

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

I was just thinking about Stern BKSOR how the magna save is on the lockdown bar, this is so much better.

#8923 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was just thinking about Stern BKSOR how the magna save is on the lockdown bar, this is so much better.

It sure is. I grew up on the original BK, owned it for decades, and so am wired for the traditional magna-save button location. I freakin' love the implementation on R&M! So fun and analog, far from a sure thing when you use it, takes the midas touch.

I also have a BKSoR and using the Magna-save via the top button is my biggest disappointment with that game. Even when you are successful, it's not as fun or satisfying.

Between the DP, BKSoR, and R&M you just have to get flexible in remembering what button to press, where.

#8924 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Between the DP, BKSoR, and R&M you just have to get flexible in remembering what button to press, where.

I had AcDc premium and the action button would complete whatever shot was most important so you always press it when draining and it may even give you an add a ball. Anyway had a friend over who also has AcDc and he was playing my SW premium and he would always just hit the action button when he drained thinking it would complete a shot but it mostly controls the bonus X location.

#8925 3 years ago

I have a hard time with R&M magna save, I thought it wasn't working, but now and then I press it just right and I do notice its effect. I think it's a lot more subtle than say SOR where it's a big all or none spike.

#8926 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a hard time with R&M magna save, I thought it wasn't working, but now and then I press it just right and I do notice its effect. I think it's a lot more subtle than say SOR where it's a big all or none spike.

I agree. Even when mine is fully charged and I activate it at what should be a reasonable point in time, the ball drains. It does impact the ball path (so I know it's working). As you say, it's more subtle. Wonder if there is a setting to make it more aggressive (so the ball is actually saved

#8927 3 years ago

Thanks Spooky for the best customer service by far!!! I’ve had some minor issues with my speaker lights and pinching legs and they have taken care of me very well each time. Quick to respond and they care, I couldn’t ask for more, thank you!

#8928 3 years ago

Setting some new highs on a snowy Wisconsin Saturday morning!

20201212_094127 (resized).jpg20201212_094127 (resized).jpg20201212_094147 (resized).jpg20201212_094147 (resized).jpg20201212_095018 (resized).jpg20201212_095018 (resized).jpg
#8929 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. Even when mine is fully charged and I activate it at what should be a reasonable point in time, the ball drains. It does impact the ball path (so I know it's working). As you say, it's more subtle. Wonder if there is a setting to make it more aggressive (so the ball is actually saved

Think of it more like a magna flip, it behaves much like the magna flippers on twilight zone, just flicking the ball away rather than grabbing it like other magna saves.

#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Setting some new highs on a snowy Wisconsin Saturday morning!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

194 million...

DA479CE5-19FE-408A-8F08-D1D0E4ADF9D7 (resized).jpegDA479CE5-19FE-408A-8F08-D1D0E4ADF9D7 (resized).jpeg
#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Think of it more like a magna flip, it behaves much like the magna flippers on twilight zone, just flicking the ball away rather than grabbing it like other magna saves.

That analogy helps a lot and explains why I haven't had much success with it! I need to activate it sooner if possible to push the ball away before getting too close to the outlane. I thought it was a magna save that would suck the ball in from the outlane. Thanks!

#8932 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That analogy helps a lot and explains why I haven't had much success with it! I need to activate it sooner if possible to push the ball away before getting too close to the outlane. I thought it was a magna save that would suck the ball in from the outlane. Thanks!

And you're probably aware of this, but I'll mention anyway... The magnet activates while the button is pressed in, and deactivates when released.

#8933 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Originally leveled my game at 6.9 (per Scott's suggestion IIRC). Too brutal for my skill level. Dropped it to 6.7 a couple weeks ago and didn't notice much difference...still too brutal. Just dropped it to the traditional 6.5 and I'm having much more success. Left ramp is more achievable, speed overall is more manageable. After only 2-3 games at 6.5 got my new high score of 40M. Much happier...I gravitate toward more challenging games, but can't keep up with R&M at the more aggressive angles. YMMV.

This is interesting to me. I've had my R&M pitch at several different levels, including as low as the 6.5 that you have your at. I thought the game was unplayable at that pitch, and certainly did not seem any easier.

Went to 6.7 and still did not feel right. Went up to 6.9 and to me this is the sweet spot for speed, flow, and difficulty.

Like you said, YMMV.

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It can suck it out of the outlane - but you have to play this tappy-tap-tap game with the button. Pulsing it gives you more action than just holding it.

#8935 3 years ago

Spent a couple hours yesterday afternoon relocating the amp so I could get to the buttons easier via the coin door. There is nothing special about the scrap wood I had in my garage but if you're interested it's a 1X4. I am also testing a different amp but the approach is the same regardless. I also decided I'd had enough of the really small-gauge wires going to the sub. One of these days I'll replace the ones going to the head too.

While I was at it I also swapped out the wire that provides audio-in from the stereo-out on the motherboard to the RCA plugs on the amp. Doing so cut out a bunch of static/hiss which only manifested when the inputs were plugged into the amp, which I attributed to interference. I simply dug some old, high-quality patch cords out of a box of stuff dating back to the days of analog audio and ran the replacement wire down the player's left side so as to also avoid whatever may have been creating the interference. To plug them in up at the motherboard I just used a small, cheapo adapter like this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WQJMKFT/ (the one I had was smaller and cheaper and still worked just fine.)

Here are a couple pics to show ya how it turned out:
PXL_20201211_215515561 (resized).jpgPXL_20201211_215515561 (resized).jpgPXL_20201211_221552172 (resized).jpgPXL_20201211_221552172 (resized).jpgPXL_20201211_234150527 (resized).jpgPXL_20201211_234150527 (resized).jpg

#8936 3 years ago

144 checking in...just had the ship plastic break. I just ordered the Right ramp air ball cover and a ship plastic from PBL the other day in case this would happen. Just didn't think it would be so soon, haha.

#8937 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is interesting to me. I've had my R&M pitch at several different levels, including as low as the 6.5 that you have your at. I thought the game was unplayable at that pitch, and certainly did not seem any easier.
Went to 6.7 and still did not feel right. Went up to 6.9 and to me this is the sweet spot for speed, flow, and difficulty.
Like you said, YMMV.

Interesting. Did you have to bump the right flipper power to be able to make the left ramp after 20-30 minutes of play?

#8938 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

144 checking in...just had the ship plastic break. I just ordered the Right ramp air ball cover and a ship plastic from PBL the other day in case this would happen. Just didn't think it would be so soon, haha.

Were your ship bolts done up tight?

My suspicion is that bolts being tight breaks ship plastic more easily.

I checked and then slackened of the two farthest from the ship mount almost first thing out of the box, operates much more smoothly and doesn't feel stressed/tight/stiff anymore when operating with finger from underside.

I have the OG plastic without the reliefs update, would be getting to 1000 games now and no problems with ship plastic.

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

All the damn time. The Rick and Morty Phantom magna save effect.

#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting. Did you have to bump the right flipper power to be able to make the left ramp after 20-30 minutes of play?

No, I have no issues hitting the left ramp even after 20-30 minutes of playing.

#8941 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Were your ship bolts done up tight?.

Yeah they all seem pretty tight. The new plastic definitely has some reliefs cut into it, so hopefully it does better. Swapping this thing out seems way more painful then I was expecting so I think I need to step away from it for the night and play some other games.

#8942 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, I have no issues hitting the left ramp even after 20-30 minutes of playing.

anyone having ANY flipper issues, I suggest rebuilding your flipper and use a new bushing. I think there was a batch of bushings about 1/8inch too short that went out (on Spooky, on PBL, on CGC). This causes slight to bad binding. This binding steals power form your flippers and also adds resistance for more heat over time.

Odin posted about this months ago and he was right.
I think we determined that using a classic bally style was the right height, but dont quote me on that. I just used what I had on hand and picked the one that the short side of the busing was 1/8in longer. WAY better

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Yeah they all seem pretty tight. The new plastic definitely has some reliefs cut into it, so hopefully it does better. Swapping this thing out seems way more painful then I was expecting so I think I need to step away from it for the night and play some other games.

Yep the two outboard bolts being tight is a problem. Leave them loose and sloppy, let the nylok nuts keep them from coming undone. Now the plastic isn't so stressed when the coil goes off.

#8944 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep the two outboard bolts being tight is a problem. Leave them loose and sloppy, let the nylok nuts keep them from coming undone. Now the plastic isn't so stressed when the coil goes off.

Thanks for the tip

#8945 3 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

It happened to me a couple weeks ago here’s a few notes about it midway through this post...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/161#post-5981107

#8946 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It happened to me a couple weeks ago here’s a few notes about it midway through this post...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/161#post-5981107

Thanks man!

#8947 3 years ago

Well. I've had my Rick and Morty for about a week.

I have a lot to say.

For now, I just want to say this:

How happy I am with this game is how happy I expected to be with WOZECLE (and wasn't, in case you don't get the inference).

So glad it finally happened. My facial muscles are sore from my shit-eatin' grin.

#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well. I've had my Rick and Morty for about a week.
I have a lot to say.
For now, I just want to say this:
How happy I am with this game is how happy I expected to be with ... [hopes and dreams] .... .... My facial muscles are sore from my shit-eatin' grin.

+1

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Could you get the same effect by simply adding a small rubber washer? Would allow some give yet keep it from flopping around.

#8950 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Were your ship bolts done up tight?
My suspicion is that bolts being tight breaks ship plastic more easily.
I checked and then slackened of the two farthest from the ship mount almost first thing out of the box, operates much more smoothly and doesn't feel stressed/tight/stiff anymore when operating with finger from underside.
I have the OG plastic without the reliefs update, would be getting to 1000 games now and no problems with ship plastic.

I did that with mine a couple of days after getting it too. Hopefully does the trick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
8,800 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/179?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.