(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 404.
#8751 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I didn't change anything about the music in the dimensions - that should still work as intended. 3 of the 4 new feature dimensions use the 'standard' game song (spotlights, dogs, horns) though.

Maybe I am just noticing more "standard" dimensions now. I got the underwater dimension, and the music changed. My bad, thanks for all the hard work!

#8752 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I’ll give an explanation why I threw R&M into the fire for a glimpse of RAZA after the sale is done.

...only a real Rick can explain why he is right.
At most you can argue.

#8753 3 years ago

Scary Terry video please. He is my favorite.

#8754 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Just finished a 6x Rick Potion no. 9 Awesome!!!!!!!!!! However, continuing on playing after that, the last two digits of my score were "76" and I only had 25 mega seeds. It then it froze on me during Total Rick All / MultiBall (2 balls left and 97 million score) and had to reboot.

Oh, dip! This 'last two digits got wrong' thing was mentioned in the beta and I completely failed to look into it. It shouldn't affect anything other than displaying wrong, and we'll get it fixed up in the next release, whenever that is.

#8755 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh, dip! This 'last two digits got wrong' thing was mentioned in the beta and I completely failed to look into it. It shouldn't affect anything other than displaying wrong, and we'll get it fixed up in the next release, whenever that is.

Thanks Man! It was so exciting to get to and get through Rick Potion!!

#8756 3 years ago

ERIC

Thank you so much for a jolly, jolly Xmas !!

#8757 3 years ago

Can someone show me where the USB ports are, to place the USB key to update the code? I've been looking for 10 mins, I must be blind!! :0

IMG_4496 (resized).JPGIMG_4496 (resized).JPG
#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It seems to be picking up a "50" in the last two digits based on what I reported in the beta and what Izzy24 just experienced.

#8759 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Can someone show me where the USB ports are, to place the USB key to update the code? I've been looking for 10 mins, I must be blind!! :0[quoted image]

Far right board on the center bottom.

#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Far right board on the center bottom.

WOW! I honestly would have never guessed that. You can't even see the holes from the front, so odd that Spooky doesn't make it more obvious or AT LEAST put a picture up on their website, pointing it out. Would save newbies a lot of headaches. Thanks for pointing this out.

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Can someone show me where the USB ports are, to place the USB key to update the code? I've been looking for 10 mins, I must be blind!! :0[quoted image]

Screenshot 2020-12-09 163228 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-12-09 163228 (resized).png
#8762 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It seems to be picking up a "50" in the last two digits based on what I reported in the beta and what Izzy24 just experienced.

I think I found the sketchy math spot that is responsible, will have to test to be sure - but dang, I wish I would have remembered to check that before the public update.

#8763 3 years ago

So how many Regular Adventures is the game at Plus the Cronenberg Mode?

#8764 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So how many Regular Adventures is the game at Plus the Cronenberg Mode?

Should be 9 standard adventures and the Morty's choice (Cronenberg). Enough to fill out a complete Morty card with no repeats.

#8765 3 years ago

I sure this has been discussed before, but why do you start a game with 4 mortys on the card?

#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I sure this has been discussed before, but why do you start a game with 4 mortys on the card?

How many you start the game with sets the difficulty for getting to Morty's Choice. Want harder? Lower it. Want easier? Bump it up. It's in the Rick & Morty (Feature) Settings.

#8767 3 years ago

Great, I'm glad to see the updates keep coming !
Can't wait to have mine, #501 here
I'm following this forum, but trying not to look at too much videos so I can discover it for myself !

**For those who have been playing, would you say a way to cool the flipper coil is needed or just nice to have ? (talking about flipper fade)

#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

I'm following this forum, but trying not to look at too much videos so I can discover it for myself !
**For those who have been playing, would you say a way to cool the flipper coil is needed or just nice to have ? (talking about flipper fade)

My personal experience; haven’t seen any flipper power fade on my machine

#8769 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Some of the "do you have problems with heat or not" has to do with playing habits. Because of a certain specific way R&M has to work, if you rapidly flip the same flipper a lot, you will have more trouble than someone who does not do that. Every time you press the flipper button, you get the full power pulse as defined by the settings, even if that full pulse isn't really needed to get the flipper to the end of the stroke, and those full power pulses are where the heat really comes from. The duty-cycle that holds the flipper is not much of a problem. So if you're the type that flips a lot, either for very specific ball control reasons, or just nervous twitchy reasons, or even just habits, you'll get more heat faster.

#8770 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh take your time... this Friday will be fine.

#8771 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So if you're the type that flips a lot, either for very specific ball control reasons, or just nervous twitchy reasons, or even just habits, you'll get more heat faster.

Or if you play a game with a twitchy twitcher.

#8772 3 years ago

I just got to the swamp dimension, I am in love. I wish i could just leave it on I was legit bummed it was over. So relaxing.

#8773 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

So I've been playing non stop since I got mine last Friday. I tested my Temps once and it was 150°f. I think I had a bit of fade, but I quit playing after that to let it cool.

What are normal and high temps?

#8774 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Some of the "do you have problems with heat or not" has to do with playing habits. Because of a certain specific way R&M has to work, if you rapidly flip the same flipper a lot, you will have more trouble than someone who does not do that. Every time you press the flipper button, you get the full power pulse as defined by the settings, even if that full pulse isn't really needed to get the flipper to the end of the stroke, and those full power pulses are where the heat really comes from. The duty-cycle that holds the flipper is not much of a problem. So if you're the type that flips a lot, either for very specific ball control reasons, or just nervous twitchy reasons, or even just habits, you'll get more heat faster.

This approach to controlling the flippers is a sore point for me. I assume it is how the PROC boards operate?

It means that there is no chance to quickly flutter the flipper button to get a lite tap on the flipper, it always fires full strength/duration. I am able to do this all the time on my new Stern's (and classic Sterns, obviously). It's like playing with digital vs analog buttons and I feel that it's actually pretty detrimental to refined/advanced play.

I'd love to hear more about this topic though.

#8775 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

So I've been playing non stop since I got mine last Friday. I tested my Temps once and it was 150°f. I think I had a bit of fade, but I quit playing after that to let it cool.
What are normal and high temps?

And how long approximately did you play for those temps ?
Thanks

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

WOW! I honestly would have never guessed that. You can't even see the holes from the front, so odd that Spooky doesn't make it more obvious or AT LEAST put a picture up on their website, pointing it out. Would save newbies a lot of headaches. Thanks for pointing this out.

The other odd thing about the location is my USB stick barely fit (not much clearance on the bottom and really hard to see). IIRC, the USB ports on on the top in Alice Cooper, making it easier to insert/access.

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This approach to controlling the flippers is a sore point for me. I assume it is how the PROC boards operate?
It means that there is no chance to quickly flutter the flipper button to get a lite tap on the flipper, it always fires full strength/duration. I am able to do this all the time on my new Stern's (and classic Sterns, obviously). It's like playing with digital vs analog buttons and I feel that it's actually pretty detrimental to refined/advanced play.

Me too (would love to hear more). Might be contributing to why I suck so bad, since I'm use to Stern flippers (and have had difficulty adapting to these flippers).

#8778 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Stern flippers fire full power for ‘up to’ 40ms, but get cut off by the EOS. That’s the big difference.

Edit: I should clarify that if you press the button and hold it on R&M you get the full power you set the setting for even if it hits the end — if you let the button go, it disables as quickly as it can.

#8779 3 years ago

Well, no progress for me...

Tried to update at dinner time, it wouldn't seem to boot, I formatted USB, tossed the file back on, tried again to no avail. I am now home after work. I downloaded another file after dinner. Put it on a USB, and I have the same outcome. The game turns on, get a tiny text spill out of the top left corner.

Then the GI comes on and I have a blank screen with a tiny cursor flashing in the very top left corner.

If I put the USB in at this point. I get the full screen of Game Updating, please wait (or whatever it says), and I reboot after and its back to blank screen

p.s. I tried pressing F1 with a keyboard plugged in and it didn't seem get me anywhere

#8780 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm far from a newbie and it took me forever to find it too.

Not sure why this had to be mounted upside down? It's not the easiest thing to get the USB stick in there.

Ok, now that I am done bitching...can't wait to play the new code!

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Stern flippers fire full power for ‘up to’ 40ms, but get cut off by the EOS. That’s the big difference.

I've always been curious how the Spooky implementation differs from how Dutch Pinball's TBL works... same? different?

I ask 'cause they're next to each other and I swear the flippers feel different on TBL. I hated them at first, now I'm more used to them but still very much a love/hate thing.

#8782 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm far from a newbie and it took me forever to find it too.
Not sure why this had to be mounted upside down? It's not the easiest thing to get the USB stick in there.
Ok, now that I am done bitching...can't wait to play the new code!

Just get one of these and run it through the cabinet and up to your coin door and never have to deal with it again.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FJ8Z4TJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_.xw0FbQS96VX6

#8783 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Tried to update at dinner time, it wouldn't seem to boot, I formatted USB, tossed the file back on, tried again to no avail. I am now home after work. I downloaded another file after dinner. Put it on a USB, and I have the same outcome. The game turns on, get a tiny text spill out of the top left corner.
Then the GI comes on and I have a blank screen with a tiny cursor flashing in the very top left corner.
If I put the USB in at this point. I get the full screen of Game Updating, please wait (or whatever it says), and I reboot after and its back to blank screen
p.s. I tried pressing F1 with a keyboard plugged in and it didn't seem get me anywhere

So the OS stuff is still loading - or the ‘detect usb and try to update’ wouldn’t be happening, I think. But if the OS was all fine and the game files were not complete/corrupt, then you’d get the ‘update required’ screen. If it was just the USB connnection to the PROC or a lack of power to the PROC, you’d get a screen about that. So I’m not sure what kind of limbo you’re in. Hopefully the Spooky staff at HQ have seen your situation before and have better insight than the guy who writes the bugs.

#8784 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

And how long approximately did you play for those temps ?
Thanks

Depending on play style, you'll see 150F and up on the RIGHT flipper on Rick and Morty starting at somewhere between 40 and 60 minutes of continuous play based on the tests I've had people do with measuring equipment strapped on to the coils. Someone sent me a video of a flipper just stopping working temporarily once it hit 180F after hours of continuous play. Left flipper is nowhere near as bad, temp-wise.

#8785 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I've always been curious how the Spooky implementation differs from how Dutch Pinball's TBL works... same? different?
I ask 'cause they're next to each other and I swear the flippers feel different on TBL. I hated them at first, now I'm more used to them but still very much a love/hate thing.

Lebowski may be using dual wound coils and actually using both coils - but I don’t really know. Dual wound coils on 50v instead of 70v or whatever they used to run on aren’t great, which is why you get the single wound with a hold patter instead. I think stern went back to dual wound at some point a while back and then reverted to single wound again; but I’m mostly just spitting out things I remember from conversations with Scott and might be wildly incorrect.

#8786 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

GOT IT, thanks to Christopher...
changed to a different USB, re did everything, loaded up!

only bad thing, shes back to square one, lost everything. I was to the point finally where it was exciting to get initials in, for a mode or a high score.
I do have a file with scores and settings I think, i wouldn't mind trying to get settings and high scores back in

#8787 3 years ago

Not the dimension you want to take into Rick Potion with a 6X multiplier. I ended up with a 3.5 million adventure score

Still put up my 2nd best game ever but it should have been so much higher! Loving this game and the new code!

20201209_190115 (resized).jpg20201209_190115 (resized).jpg20201209_191317 (resized).jpg20201209_191317 (resized).jpg

#8788 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yeah I hate it too, voiced my opinion in the beta but I was a lone voice

Gator dimension is one of the best. It’s essentially a black out dimension.

#8789 3 years ago

Definitely more callouts!

#8790 3 years ago

Any videos of the new code?

#8791 3 years ago

Well I just had this game...

It did hard freeze in grom multi ball. And then came out if it 30-45 seconds later.

On the new code.

PXL_20201210_014244243 (resized).jpgPXL_20201210_014244243 (resized).jpg
#8792 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Well I just had this game...
It did hard freeze in grom multi ball. And then came out if it 30-45 seconds later.
On the new code.
[quoted image]

You crammed a lot of megaseeds! Holy crap!

#8793 3 years ago

Confirmed: R&M is even more bad ass than it already was!

This update is definitely a major one. Extremely impressed.

#8794 3 years ago

Can't wait to get my build sheet!

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Didn't know they were going with an actual motherboard, that's awesome. I used that same exact one on my RFM/SWE1 pinbox build.

#8796 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Gator dimension is one of the best. It’s essentially a black out dimension.

Yeah my bad, I was actually referring to the swamp dimension, silly mistake

#8797 3 years ago

Videos please.

#8798 3 years ago

Someone is streaming the new code tonight I saw on a FB soooky page, I’m sure of it

#8799 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Quick rundown of the new adventures:
Scary Terry: You Can Run, But you Can't Hide
The adventure is in 2 phases, Running, and Hiding.
For the "Run" phase, a set of 3 shots is lit and they rove together, indicating the direction it's safe to "Run". You have to make 4 "Run" shots (or let the timer expire) to light the scoop to transition to "Hide". You can continue to make "Run" shots instead of hitting the transition if you wish. "Run" shots raise the value per hour of the "hide" shots.
For the "Hide" phase, the Scoop and Garage are lit to "Hide". Hide shots show the "x Dream Hours Later" text type screen like the episode used. Hiding in the scoop is 1 hour, Garage via right orbit is 2 hours, and Garage directly is 3 hours. Each shot can be used twice. You need at least 6 hours total hiding before the end shot is available. Once you have six, the scoop lights to end the adventure - but you can still collect more hours via the garage if you want to push your luck.
Rick Potion No.9:
The adventure runs in many phases - it's long/challenging because it's a 'wizard' thing.
First Phase: The infection
The infection is triggered by a shot to Morty, which causes him to apply the potion to Jessica. Once she's infected, Morty is out of the picture and you're spreading the virus. 2 shots light, either one will cause the spread. Each spread adds a few more lit shots. After the Morty shot, make 3 infection shots to fully infect the dance.
Second Phase: Escape
Once the infection is spread, you have to get out of there! Shots to Rick or Morty will make progress toward the exit. Shots to the other lit (yellow) shots and the crowd will close in. If you make 4 yellow shots before escaping, they catch you and the mode ends.
Make enough purple shots to escape and the scoop lights to move on.
Third Phase: Mantis Serum
Rick screwed up and the antidote didn't work. So now he's working on a new one. Mix up a new attempt by aligning the colors of the 3 sections: Ramps, Loops, Targets. It doesn't matter what color you get them to, they just have to match. The colors rotate between 3 choices when hit. Once you get the right mix, the scoop lights again to move on.
Fourth Phase: Desperation
The world has gone to hell. Everyone is turning into cronenberg monsters. Rick and Morty will be lit alternately to argue about what to do - the other shots are lit orange and will transform more people into monsters. When you hit and orange shot, it will go out, until they're all done and then they'll re-light. The orange shots raise the value of the argument shots - you can shoot as many as you like, at risk of not finishing the mode. Finish the argument between Rick and Morty and the scoop lights for the final shot.

This update info right here, plus knowing my game is secured and ready to be made earlier then expected makes my Holiday SQUANCH....thanks Eric!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 300.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 13,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/176?hl=jsa2145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.