(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 405.
#8651 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Why plan if an airball is never gonna happen? Like I said, i've never had one. I'm sure many others haven't? maybe i'm assuming things

Agreed. I think its best to wait and see if you have airballs first. I've never had one on either of my ramps before. I have had a few instances when shooting the left or right orbit where the ball has hopped over the portal before but it's few and far between.

#8652 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just to clarify, this is not a Spooky product, this is just a mod. This will not be necessary for most people. I also made something similar for TNA

Lots of airballs off those TNA ramps.

#8653 3 years ago

Just to clarify, this is not a Spooky product, this is just a mod. This will not be necessary for most people. I also made something similar for TNA to avoid ball traps. It is not necessary either, but available if needed.
--Scott

...I'll forward the bill on to Charlie!

#8654 3 years ago

After testing a bunch of different scenarios, we came up with a cover for the right ramp on Rick and Morty. Here it is if you need one!
https://www.pinballlife.com/rick-and-morty-right-ramp-airball-protector.html
Thanks,
--Scott

That one cover alone won't stop the airballs. In fact, some airballs will hit that cover and be rejected.

#8655 3 years ago

Wait, am I missing something?

What’s wrong with airing your balls out?
I thought that was a good thing...

Ha ha! All kidding aside, I haven’t had any airballs off my right ramp that I can recall on my machine. I’m a good 400+ games in.

I think I’ve had a couple balls shoot up on top of the plastic under the Rick ship but they just bounced off something else.

#8656 3 years ago

Here's a 3-piece impact modified acrylic CNC cut set that we are producing for the ramps. Both designed to prevent airballs from flying off the ramps as well as stiffen up the ramp entrances which seems to help with making the ramp shots, especially the left ramp. In our experience the top right cover isn't enough to prevent airballs on the right ramp, as this was the first iteration we created and while investigating the ramp shot issues we found that stiffening the fronts and adding on the front covers completely prevents all airballs.

The top plastic is also being offered in a modified layout for mounting of our lit Cromulon mod, which I'll have video of shortly. Right now that is offered as an add-on option to the 3-piece set. These are at the CNC laser cutter right now and should be shipping in a few weeks.

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/ramp-covers-protectors-rick-morty

Covers1 (resized).jpgCovers1 (resized).jpg
#8657 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

That one cover alone won't stop the airballs. In fact, some airballs will hit that cover and be rejected.

Need to remedy causes rather than symptoms, imho.

Like why some do and some don't. Something is different for some games it seems.

#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Need to remedy causes rather than symptoms, imho.
Like why some do and some don't. Something is different for some games it seems.

Don't tell that to the manufacturers who put ramp covers on stock or as a fix. My Wonka looks like a plastic monster threw up on it.

#8659 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I know this has probably been asked and answered but has anyone hooked up an external subwoofer and bypassed the internal speaker entirely? I've gotten most vibrations out of the cab but I'm interested just to see how it would sound only hooked up to my external.
The internal sub still runs when it's wired from the speaker to the external and I'm not sure how to only run the external alone.
Next will be to tackle my shaker which must be more like a Red Tremor as even on the lowest setting it's a jackhammer that shakes the backglass, speaker panel, etc etc. I suppose I could experiment with the weights to see if that smooths it out a bit.

I have the Pinnovators headphone jack on my R&M. The sound quality through quality headphones is nothing short of amazing. They also have a RCA jack for an external subwoofer, which I am using. I'm not sure if there is a way to cut off the internal sub completely using this system? Maybe by just turning the volume knob on the amplifier down completely?

#8660 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have the Pinnovators headphone jack on my R&M. The sound quality through quality headphones is nothing short of amazing. They also have a RCA jack for an external subwoofer, which I am using. I'm not sure if there is a way to cut off the internal sub completely using this system? Maybe by just turning the volume knob on the amplifier down completely?

Do you have a pic of your connection for the external subwoofer?

#8661 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Super enjoying the pin with only 1 regret on my build sheet.

I regret not ordering the coin door with the bill acceptor. Don’t get me wrong, the one it comes with is fine, but I really wish I had the coin door so I could add the external volume control and headphone jack. While there is an option to turn swearing on or off, the voice callouts are mostly not changed, but bleeped. I don’t feel comfortable playing this thing on full blast as intended next to my 4, 6, and 9 year old playing army men on the floor. There are still plenty of mother ****ers, sh**s, and f**ks. I fully understand not everyone needs family mode, but I do with I had gotten that version of the coin door so I could play during the day when they are around.

When I got my R&M I made sure that it had the coin door that would allow me to add the Pinnovators headphone jack. My two daughters are in college, but that's not to say that the wife or girls would necessarily want to be hearing the expletives coming from the pin, not to mention that it would allow me to play more often (the TV is fairly close to where I have my pins) since I don't have to worry about volume in general.

As I said in my post above, the sound quality to my Sennheiser headphones through the Pinnovators system is incredible. You can hear things using the headphones that you just don't hear otherwise. There's a lot of little detail in the sound design.

The Pinnovator system is not cheap, and it is more involved that what the Stern system requires, but it was definitely worth it in my book.

#8662 3 years ago

You lost me at acrylic. Might be much better out of lexan or PET-G.

#8663 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Do you have a pic of your connection for the external subwoofer?

I can try to remember to take a pic the next time I have the PF glass off.

#8664 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It's impact modified acrylic and quite thick. I can get some PETG ones if people want but I liked the clarity and stiffness of the acrylic. I'll be happy to replace them if they break.

#8665 3 years ago

The only airball I get is off the flubellcrank, mayby one in ten games. Guess my flaps are clean.
Cheers on a monday night.

20201207_193516 (resized).jpg20201207_193516 (resized).jpg
#8666 3 years ago

I’ve been getting some balls stuck in the upper right section of the PF, wedged between the side of the cabinet and the wire form, after it gets ejected from looping through the left ramp. At first, I would remove the glass to free it, but i’ve learned a nudge that jostles the plumbus will save some time and effort. It’s caused a tilt a couple times, but nothing a swig of beer and hitting the start button can’t fix!

I’ll have to pay closer attention to the flap and eject mech to see if there’s an adjustment to make. I was wondering if anyone else gets stuck in same place, and if a post or some type of add-on is whats’s needed.

215A209C-B5B4-4897-B6BB-711FAB2B42F0 (resized).jpeg215A209C-B5B4-4897-B6BB-711FAB2B42F0 (resized).jpeg
#8667 3 years ago

Definitely agree that if there is a major issue, a ramp cover will not work. This is just a simple product I had in the works to help the people that occasionally get air balls jumping from the ramp. If you are hitting this protector on it's edge, the problem is elsewhere and that should be looked into.
--Scott

#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I’ve been getting some balls stuck in the upper right section of the PF, wedged between the side of the cabinet and the wire form, after it gets ejected from looping through the left ramp. At first, I would remove the glass to free it, but i’ve learned a nudge that jostles the plumbus will save some time and effort. It’s caused a tilt a couple times, but nothing a swig of beer and hitting the start button can’t fix!
I’ll have to pay closer attention to the flap and eject mech to see if there’s an adjustment to make. I was wondering if anyone else gets stuck in same place, and if a post or some type of add-on is whats’s needed.
[quoted image]

I'm guessing the exit isn't pointing straight down the lane, check where the ball drops out

#8669 3 years ago

RAZA is out so I sell my spot #357 BS still unproduced due to EU tax slash ie first in line for U.S. customer. Anyone interested pm (1.5k premium).

#8670 3 years ago

Here's a 3-piece impact modified acrylic CNC cut set that we are producing for the ramps. Both designed to prevent airballs from flying off the ramps as well as stiffen up the ramp entrances which seems to help with making the ramp shots, especially the left ramp.

Any chance you'll offer just the left ramp cover as an option? Anything that might help with the left ramp shot I'm willing to give a try.

#8671 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Any chance you'll offer just the left ramp cover as an option? Anything that might help with the left ramp shot I'm willing to give a try.

Ya, I could do that. I'll get it posted.

#8672 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Wubba-Lubba-Dub-Dub!

Time to get Rickety-Wrecked Son!! I just got the email from Squirrel that they are building my game!! I'm so excited!

#8673 3 years ago

for those that haven't been following the "12 days of rickmas", today's prize is this
butter robot (resized).pngbutter robot (resized).png

which you can pre-order through the end of the year here: https://thebutterrobot.com/

#8674 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

RAZA is out so I sell my spot #357 BS still unproduced due to EU tax slash ie first in line for U.S. customer. Anyone interested pm (1.5k premium).

#8675 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Selling a R&M spot to buy RAZA is the Jerriest of Jerry moves.

#8676 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Selling a R&M spot to buy RAZA is the Jerriest of Jerry moved.

Maybe the guy is just a huge fan of...

innovation.

#8677 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Do you wanna develop an app?

#8678 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

innovation.

Is that TMed innovation? Or just the regular kind?

#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

innovation.

snicker.

#8680 3 years ago

Holy! For me, i'm not giving up my R&M spot for a raza.....wowza!

#8681 3 years ago

Quick question, after you spell slam and the pop bumper is flashing again (like the initial seed) is that not supposed to be another mega seed?

#8682 3 years ago

I'll add a question as well.

no joke. How do you collect the jackpot that's building up when you fondle your balls?

-- in before, 'Use a tissue', 'wear a condom' etc

#8683 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Quick question, after you spell slam and the pop bumper is flashing again (like the initial seed) is that not supposed to be another mega seed?

Spelling SLAM lights the slam save (i.e. when the pop bumper drains you it gives you the ball back). Nothing to do with mega seeds.

#8684 3 years ago

Completing the lanes relights the slam save if not lit and adds a 'bonus' hit to the pop. The first 'bonus' hit (and wave) is red. If you complete it the lanes again (without hitting the pop bumper), the next level of bonus is yellow, then orange, then green, then blue. The score for the bonus hit goes up exponentially and raises the value of the 'slam save' points.

Quoted from mrbillishere:

no joke. How do you collect the jackpot that's building up when you fondle your balls?

That jackpot value is for the Gromflomite Battle multiball.

#8685 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Spelling SLAM lights the slam save (i.e. when the pop bumper drains you it gives you the ball back). Nothing to do with mega seeds.

I get the slam save part, but why does it flash until it gets hit again after the first seed is collected (start of game) and you've spelled "slam" the pop bumper flashes.

I will look in the settings menu when I get home

Ep was to quick, thank you.

#8686 3 years ago

So much fun to play... and put mods on too.

IMG_3265 (resized).jpgIMG_3265 (resized).jpgIMG_3266 (resized).jpgIMG_3266 (resized).jpgIMG_3262 (resized).jpgIMG_3262 (resized).jpgIMG_3259 (resized).jpgIMG_3259 (resized).jpg
#8687 3 years ago

Nice job gac.

Love the Whirly Dirly Rick and the Tiny Rick.

#8688 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nice job gac.
Love the Whirly Dirly Rick and the Tiny Rick.

Thanks guitarded. If I only had a Jerry to go on the Whirly Dirly with Rick!

#8689 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

So much fun to play... and put mods on too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the crystal mod, the tiny family in front of the house-(great touch) and the pack 'O Meeseeks

#8690 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I had the same problem and my solution was to put playfield rubbers on the bottom to keep it from rising up. I posted about it a few pages back.

SO< i finally lifted my PF and checked out my shooter lane, THANK YOU so much for the suggestion on the loose-ish shooter lane rail that wasn't tight into the wood. I never noticed it was a bit loose on the inner piece of wire. I put a couple of those 3/16 tiny post rubbers on it, MUCH more consistent now!

#8691 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I really like the crystal mod, the tiny family in front of the house-(great touch) and the pack 'O Meeseeks

Thanks northerndude. The hardest part is figuring out where to put them! But fun nonetheless.

#8692 3 years ago

I get the slam save part, but why does it flash until it gets hit again after the first seed is collected (start of game) and you've spelled "slam" the pop bumper flashes.
I will look in the settings menu when I get home
Ep was to quick, thank you.

He explained it in his answer. It's the bonus pop, and the value builds exponentially.

#8693 3 years ago

Lets make this the word if the day. Exponentially:
(with reference to an increase) more and more rapidly.
"our business has been growing exponentially"
MATHEMATICS
by means of or as expressed by a mathematical exponent.
"values distributed exponentially according to a given time constant"

#8694 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

pinballinreno I ordered a few sets of PETG if you or anyone else is interested in that over the impact modified acrylic.

#8695 3 years ago

pinballinreno I ordered a few sets of PETG if you or anyone else is interested in that over the impact modified acrylic.

My game is still in the box...but I do want one for the ramp someday...

#8696 3 years ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Do you wanna develop an app?

I’ll give an explanation why I threw R&M into the fire for a glimpse of RAZA after the sale is done.

#8697 3 years ago

....and now I have a preorder butter robot spot to match my Rick & Morty preorder spot...

Gotta wonder which will show up first!

#8698 3 years ago

Oooooo... new code with new adventures/dimensions is supposedly out! Lemme know how it is (future owner of #504 here).

#8699 3 years ago

NEW CODE!

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Oooooo... new code with 4 new adventures is supposedly out! Lemme know how it is (future owner of #504 here).

Added Rick Potion No. 9 and Scary Terry adventures plus 4 feature dimensions.

#8700 3 years ago
92F7BAEE-83B3-4C85-AB72-CDE9EFC6BEBA.jpeg92F7BAEE-83B3-4C85-AB72-CDE9EFC6BEBA.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/174?hl=mrcleanhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.