(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 405.
#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I do know that the skill shot to the garage that ends in "like I care" seems to always play at a lower volume.

I wonder if the audio for the callouts are compressed and normalized so they're all roughly the same volume to begin with.

#8552 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wonder if the audio for the callouts are compressed and normalized so they're all roughly the same volume to begin with.

Callouts have all played pretty consistently for me - it's really only the "like I care" one to the garage.

#8553 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They are compressed and normalized, but I will check on the "Like I care" one just in case I missed one.
--Scott

#8554 3 years ago

Hi all, R&M #318 here!

I was able to pick it up from the factory Monday and finally able to get it unwrapped and on its feet today. All in all the pin looks great other than one backbox decal seems to have gotten wrinkled up when the plastic wrap was put on for shipping.

Currently going through the machine and plugging in some connectors that seem to have come apart. On the power distribution board, is there anything that plugs into J7?
I’ve got a couple plugs that could fit it, but I’d rather make the right choice the first time before selecting one at random...

Thanks for any help!

#8555 3 years ago

Just going to post this since a few people asked me directly:

If you are running a public release and your game crashes (the game resets and you see the start up loading screen) and you have the ability to grab a log and send it to me, that would be very helpful. You can email logs to [email protected].

If you just hit a strange behavior that did not crash, the logs on a public build won’t have much info. In that kind of situation, only directions to reproduce the issue will be useful; and I mean exact directions.

To grab a log all you have to do is put in a BLANK usb stick after the crash occurs and the attract mode has restarted. No need to power down. The game will auto dump the log when it detects the usb stick.

I know the game isn’t perfect. I’m doing my best, and will always try to correct identified issues.

#8556 3 years ago

Spooky sent me a new set of legs to replace the ones that would have pinched the corners. I've got no use for the old ones. I'm guessing they could still be used with washers or a double bracket. Technically they're brand new (I put on old legs from day one). PM me if anyone is interested in them. Just pay for shipping. If not I guess it's into the trash.

Thanks Spooky for the new legs!

Update: The legs have been claimed. Glad I didn't have to trash them!

20201205_164421 (resized).jpg20201205_164421 (resized).jpg

#8557 3 years ago

When I test my drop targets I'm getting a reset error on the right target.

The game seems to be working during a game, but I only received mine yesterday.

Anyone know a fix?

16072166418391726649081761113702 (resized).jpg16072166418391726649081761113702 (resized).jpg
#8558 3 years ago

I have a theory that the ramps are too flexible because there is nothing holding them in shape, like many ramps that have gates on the front which bridge the sides and keeps the ramp stiff. Anecdotal evidence (my shitty game playing) seems to indicate this could be the case. Either way, keeps balls from flying off and provides a place to mount a few new mods. All coming soon.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8559 3 years ago

When you are in Whirly Dirly, and Rick is fucking with you to just make the fucking right ramp, and you end up making the right ramp like 1 second late, he should say some shit like You JUUUST. Fuckin. Missed.
Yeah.

Screenshot_20201205-202927_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201205-202927_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

When I test my drop targets I'm getting a reset error on the right target.
The game seems to be working during a game, but I only received mine yesterday.
Anyone know a fix?
[quoted image]

Does the drop go up at all?

Is it lined up correctly?

#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Does the drop go up at all?
Is it lined up correctly?

Yes it seems to work during a game, but its difficult to tell when it should be up or down, but it does go up and down.

#8562 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I have a theory that the ramps are too flexible because there is nothing holding them in shape, like many ramps that have gates on the front which bridge the sides and keeps the ramp stiff. Anecdotal evidence (my shitty game playing) seems to indicate this could be the case. Either way, keeps balls from flying off and provides a place to mount a few new mods. All coming soon. [quoted image]

I need those plastic covers asap. My airballs are INSANE!
Balls are hitting my roof!

#8563 3 years ago

So I fixed my drop target error. The return spring was hyperextended and flipping around seemed to fix the issue, but I like to eventually replace it.
Also my right flipper return spring doesn't have much tension.

Anyone know where to get compatible springs?

#8564 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

That's odd...I have practically no airballs on this game. Have you fiddled with flipper adjustments or settings?

#8565 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Trick for pf glass rattling.
take a small ziptie, cut off and just use the zip part. Push that thin plastic piece between the plastic glass guide and the cab wood along the side of the cab in a few spots. it will hold tight with friction and give that plastic just a few bumps of snugness to hold the glass. Pretty much eliminates any glass rattle from bass.

Tried whyisnow's method. it 100% works.
Glass rattle 100% fixed for 5 cents in 5 minutes. 100% reversible and invisible to player.

Step 1. Get some zip ties.
Step 2. Cut end of zip tie to get thinnest part of zip tie. Various sizes can be used to various effect.
Step 3. Cut small slit between glass holder and wood where zip tie will be inserted.
Step 4. Wedge plastic zip tie in open spot.
Step 5. Completely push in.

Doesn't matter what color zip tie you use as you can't see it after installation. Glass is now more firmly wedged in and has no flex in the channel.

Glass rattle 100% removed even at movie theater sound commercial levels.

Good luck!

20201206_090032 (resized).jpg20201206_090032 (resized).jpg20201206_090044 (resized).jpg20201206_090044 (resized).jpg20201206_090142 (resized).jpg20201206_090142 (resized).jpg20201206_090222 (resized).jpg20201206_090222 (resized).jpg

#8566 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Tried whyisnow's method. it 100% works.
Glass rattle 100% fixed for 5 cents in 5 minutes. 100% reversible and invisible to player.
Step 1. Get some zip ties.
Step 2. Cut end of zip tie to get thinnest part of zip tie. Various sizes can be used to various effect.
Step 3. Cut small slit between glass holder and wood where zip tie will be inserted.
Step 4. Wedge plastic zip tie in open spot.
Step 5. Completely push in.
Doesn't matter what color zip tie you use as you can't see it after installation. Glass is now more firmly wedged in and has no flex in the channel.
Glass rattle 100% removed even at movie theater sound commercial levels.
Good luck!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So you need to do this every time the glass is removed?

#8567 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That's what I was thinking originally, but it seems if you insert the zip plastic under the u-channel that holds the glass (between the u-channel and the cabinet), it should stay in place. This is a much more reasonable solution.

#8568 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I too have this problem. There is a reason Stern uses covers over the tops of their ramps I guess.

I increased my PF angle to 6.9 and it happens less often, but man when it does the ball just goes sailing.

#8569 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Oh yeah, Black Hole next to Rob Zombie. You like brutal slingshot action.

Yea, i think i liked RZ right away because i like Black Hole. Im no master, but i like brutal games.

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Quoted from Fytr:

That's what I was thinking originally, but it seems if you insert the zip plastic under the u-channel that holds the glass (between the u-channel and the cabinet), it should stay in place. This is a much more reasonable solution.

It stays in place and remains hidden.

#8571 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

So I fixed my drop target error. The return spring was hyperextended and flipping around seemed to fix the issue, but I like to eventually replace it.
Also my right flipper return spring doesn't have much tension.
Anyone know where to get compatible springs?

It almost sounds like your flipper spring is on the drop, and the drop spring is on the flipper.

#8572 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Strange. I almost never get air balls on this pin.

#8573 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I too have this problem. There is a reason Stern uses covers over the tops of their ramps I guess.
I increased my PF angle to 6.9 and it happens less often, but man when it does the ball just goes sailing.

I’ve never had one air all from a ramp shot

#8574 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I actually broke the deck railing with my airballs at 6.9%.

Only on right ramp though.

Need to go get acrylic and make a protector... gladly buy one if anyone makes one.

#8575 3 years ago

For the glass rattle, I really love this stuff. I use it on my games at home.

https://www.pinballlife.com/anti-rattle-tape-12-x-25-ft.html

I will look into an air ball eliminator for the right ramp as well. This is not a super common complaint, but it may be worth making something for it.

--Scott

#8576 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

For the glass rattle, I really love this stuff. I use it on my games at home.
https://www.pinballlife.com/anti-rattle-tape-12-x-25-ft.html
I will look into an air ball eliminator for the right ramp as well. This is not a super common complaint, but it may be worth making something for it.
--Scott

People who complain about airballs on the right ramp just aren't man enough to admit too much is too much and turn down the left flipper power. Damn it.

#8577 3 years ago

can I see a detailed pick of your ramp and flap please?

#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

can I see a detailed pick of your ramp and flap please?

Sure, i`ll slide the glass and get some shots later, no probs

#8579 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

People who complain about airballs on the right ramp just aren't man enough to admit too much is too much and turn down the left flipper power. Damn

ya my flaps dont sit well on my pf.

#8580 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

People who complain about airballs on the right ramp just aren't man enough to admit too much is too much and turn down the left flipper power. Damn it.

Mine's on factory settings, what is yours set to?

Real men use protection...

#8581 3 years ago

nvm, you don't have to take a pic, i'm being dumb. Im sure my issue is my flaps. coil strength at 35, pitch 6.5.

got ramp airballs on 30 coil and 6.9 also.

Just tell me how your flaps sit.

Other than airballs I think my game plays pretty well considering I've hit 4 spinner shots in a row then the portal. Dont think I'd be able to do that unless my game is dialed in well enough

#8582 3 years ago

Not sure if my machine is any different to anyone else's but the ramp flap rivets on the right ramp are too far from the ramp side walls, and they're quite pronounced. If I run a ball over them there's quite a lump so easy to understand how an airball can be generated. I don't get many but every now and then I get one. The left ramp on my Jurassic park is exactly the same, and I get the same random airballs. I'm probably going to take a dremel to the rivets on both machines and smooth them out a bit.

#8583 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

This was the first set, I need to make a few changes and I'll get them listed.

Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I actually broke the deck railing with my airballs at 6.9%.
Only on right ramp though.
Need to go get acrylic and make a protector... gladly buy one if anyone makes one.

That was the prototype set, they'll be available shortly.

#8584 3 years ago

Hi All, just became part of the club and I couldn't be happier. Frickin' love the show and the game!
I noticed the game I bought is running on version 8.26. Can I update right to 10.12 or do I need to install each update in order?

#8585 3 years ago

Seeing some weirdness with lights staying lit. These are I think somewhat related to restarting a game by going in to the service menu. Since we know there are issues soft restarting a game this has been my method. It seems like the lighting states aren't being cleared properly or somehow the game is thinking lights need to be on for events that were taking place before the game was restarted. Lights stayed on that shouldn't be on even during new modes.

On that note, can someone tell me why the circle lights in front of the drop targets stay purple even after the Get Schwifty stage ends? Like while you're getting booed/applauded and the other lights all go out those stay on. Is there some bonus or extended time limit to increase scoring or result of that stage?

Thanks to whomever posted about moving the right flipper switch down one "hole". HUGE difference. Looks like spooky started to get the idea this needed a fix with all the holes there but didn't quite get it low enough. Finally my switch isn't hitting the launch coil and I can lower the playfield without fear.

#8586 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

nvm, you don't have to take a pic, i'm being dumb. Im sure my issue is my flaps. coil strength at 35, pitch 6.5.
got ramp airballs on 30 coil and 6.9 also.
Just tell me how your flaps sit.

Reference pic of my flap lol
600 games, never had an air all
39 flipper power, med hold approx 6.7 degs

IMG20201207085746 (resized).jpgIMG20201207085746 (resized).jpgIMG20201207085809 (resized).jpgIMG20201207085809 (resized).jpg
#8587 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Are you a GWAR fan?

Because the superfluous use of the word Flap in this thread has got me laughing and listening to 'Tick Tits'.

...nice flap, btw.

#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

600 games, never had an air all
39 flipper power, med hold approx 6.7 degs[quoted image][quoted image]

Haven't you been warned about putting your flaps online?

#8589 3 years ago

Seeing some weirdness with lights staying lit. These are I think somewhat related to restarting a game by going in to the service menu. Since we know there are issues soft restarting a game this has been my method. It seems like the lighting states aren't being cleared properly or somehow the game is thinking lights need to be on for events that were taking place before the game was restarted. Lights stayed on that shouldn't be on even during new modes.

On that note, can someone tell me why the circle lights in front of the drop targets stay purple even after the Get Schwifty stage ends? Like while you're getting booed/applauded and the other lights all go out those stay on. Is there some bonus or extended time limit to increase scoring or result of that stage?
Thanks to whomever posted about moving the right flipper switch down one "hole". HUGE difference. Looks like spooky started to get the idea this needed a fix with all the holes there but didn't quite get it low enough. Finally my switch isn't hitting the launch coil and I can lower the playfield without fear.

I'm thinking you have the wrong lights plugged into the wrong spot. Not your fault, mine came that way too.

Go into LED test mode, and look at each light one at a time. Pay special attention and make sure the light that's being named on the screen matches the light on the playfield. I'm willing to get you have two wires crossed or something.

#8590 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s bs.

Have tried numerous coil settings and still get them. It’s mostly when nailing the ramp on the fly.

A cover for the ramp would be much appreciated.

#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Mine's on factory settings, what is yours set to?
Real men use protection...

I still only have the white wood, but I turned both left and right down to 28.

#8592 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I still only have the white wood, but I turned both left and right down to 28.

We never saw pictures of the white wood. Care to share?

#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm thinking you have the wrong lights plugged into the wrong spot. Not your fault, mine came that way too.
Go into LED test mode, and look at each light one at a time. Pay special attention and make sure the light that's being named on the screen matches the light on the playfield. I'm willing to get you have two wires crossed or something.

Good call, I'll do a single LED test but this was only coincidental with restarted games and seemed to relate to the last mode active before restarting (through service menu).

*Edit confirmed it is not a problem with LED plugs. Every single LED is correct.

epthegeek let me know if you need anything

#8594 3 years ago

Please do not post any pics of your "White wood"...
Or any color for that matter...

#8595 3 years ago

Good call, I'll do a single LED test but this was only coincidental with restarted games and seemed to relate to the last mode active before restarting (through service menu).
*Edit confirmed it is not a problem with LED plugs. Every single LED is correct.
epthegeek let me know if you need anything

There are changes in the next public build that address LED state weirdness through resets.

#8596 3 years ago

Huh, really? Here’s Janky:

513621D9-AA52-4A5A-A6E4-5C4D8643A68F (resized).jpeg513621D9-AA52-4A5A-A6E4-5C4D8643A68F (resized).jpeg
3D187D4E-E7F2-450D-8434-DDB4C068FB71 (resized).jpeg3D187D4E-E7F2-450D-8434-DDB4C068FB71 (resized).jpeg
55FFAF27-F4F6-49E2-ABF4-D16160D2F7A3 (resized).jpeg55FFAF27-F4F6-49E2-ABF4-D16160D2F7A3 (resized).jpeg
937B08F5-9A56-47C7-B8FF-6E7E9C768B2A (resized).jpeg937B08F5-9A56-47C7-B8FF-6E7E9C768B2A (resized).jpeg
A66A4277-6116-47FB-B720-271AEDEA2E19 (resized).jpegA66A4277-6116-47FB-B720-271AEDEA2E19 (resized).jpeg

#8598 3 years ago

HA there was a portal spinner in the garage!? Awesome.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8599 3 years ago

HA there was a portal spinner in the garage!? Awesome.

Those lights are still there - they’re in the top of the garage pointed down.

#8600 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Huh, really? Here’s Janky:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Here, let me grab some scotch tape and...there, got that fixed....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
$ 300.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/172?hl=mariobeans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.