(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 405.
#8451 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are hundreds of fart effects already available in pro sound FX libraries. Once you work with the FX libraries, you start to recognize specific FX the sound mixers for movies and TV shows are too lazy to pitch or change so they're not stock. Here's some from Hollywood Edge (I added to an internet gif for demonstration purposes)...

It's surprising how little Science knows about farts:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160331-why-we-need-a-better-way-to-measure-farts

Damn, Hollywood Edge. Bringing back some memories!

#8452 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are hundreds of fart effects already available in pro sound FX libraries. Once you work with the FX libraries, you start to recognize specific FX the sound mixers for movies and TV shows are too lazy to pitch or change so they're not stock. Here's some from Hollywood Edge (I added to an internet gif for demonstration purposes)...

It's surprising how little Science knows about farts:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160331-why-we-need-a-better-way-to-measure-farts

I came across this in my quest to find the best technique for recording farts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQ7596JvEo/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

But I'm thinking just some Split Pea soup and a microphone.

#8453 3 years ago

#373 is on it's way! I am a bit annoyed I need to be home tomorrow receive delivery from the shipper... between 10:00 and 6:00 so I have to lose half a day of work, but that's not Spooky's fault. It's my first NIB and I'm excited! I should even get it before it rains agains so I can walk it down to my basement without having to wiat for mud to dry. In the mean time I'll try no to refresh the shipping update page... It's half way from Indiana to Maryland allready!

ship (resized).pngship (resized).png
#8454 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Seems like alot more shipping damage with R&M then ACNC. Are all games going through FedEx now or does it depend on location?

Just a lot more attention on R&M. Alice Cooper owners thread is about 5K posts after 2 years. R&M club thread is not even a year old and 8K+.

#8455 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

"only" 7 from here, but looks like it was worth it. Yours wasn't the only game zapped in f3D-eX

I have been following this tread for awhile now and thinking about picking mine up from Spooky (I'm close to the end of the run so maybe I can get a tour and get some swag if Covid dies down by then). Its about a 8hr drive one way. I have done worse in the 90's for that 'rare' game. I have a 2017 outback and the newer sterns dont fit well, I have to ride with the hatch open about a foot. TNA fit, but it was close.

What is the average price for shipping anyways?

#8456 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I have been following this tread for awhile now and thinking about picking mine up from Spooky (I'm close to the end of the run so maybe I can get a tour and get some swag if Covid dies down by then). Its about a 8hr drive one way. I have done worse in the 90's for that 'rare' game. I have a 2017 outback and the newer sterns dont fit well, I have to ride with the hatch open about a foot. TNA fit, but it was close.

I’m in the same boat as you. Standard edition, end of the run. Hoping for a road trip and spooky tour. Also want to see The House on the Rock. Place looks amazing and not far from Benton.

#8457 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Spooky charged $290 for shipping from Wisconsin to Maryland.

#8458 3 years ago

I closed my right outlane a few days ago...didn't reduce the brutality of the drains one bit. I haven't played my JP2 in a couple weeks...just played it and it felt so easy when compared with R&M (10-15 minute game). My R&M games seem to last 1-2 minutes

#8459 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Shipping was $275 for my R+M from Spooky through RL Carriers.

#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I closed my right outlane a few days ago...didn't reduce the brutality of the drains one bit. I haven't played my JP2 in a couple weeks...just played it and it felt so easy when compared with R&M (10-15 minute game). My R&M games seem to last 1-2 minutes

Not sure your play style, but if you don't slow the ball down R&M is much more likely to be brutal. Extremely difficult to have a huge game playing on the fly. Use live catches, bounce overs, etc as much as possible on this machine.

#8461 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure your play style, but if you don't slow the ball down R&M is much more likely to be brutal. Extremely difficult to have a huge game playing on the fly. Use live catches, bounce overs, etc as much as possible on this machine.

The game is designed to make you panic flip and it will punish you for it. You need to trap up as much as you can and take a deep breath, then make your shot. Its the same way I did TNA. These are the types of games that I think are the most fun. If you want to play it crazy, definitely just try and make shots on the fly, it will be insane.
--Scott

#8462 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The game is designed to make you panic flip and it will punish you for it. You need to trap up as much as you can and take a deep breath, then make your shot. Its the same way I did TNA. These are the types of games that I think are the most fun. If you want to play it crazy, definitely just try and make shots on the fly, it will be insane.
--Scott

Agreed Scott. You made a winner here. Games are fast and fun. I keep hitting the start button over and over. I can spend hours upon hours of my time playing R&M and not even realize it. Absolute winner!

I already put a deposit on SD#3.... mentally...

#8463 3 years ago

--Scott

You and kermit24 nailed me...I'm definitely more of an "on the fly" type of player, and end up panic flipping! As you say, it's insane (actually feels like the game is attacking me I've actually never had a game humiliate me quite like RAM! This feedback really helps...I'll have to try a different approach...more trapping and breathing! Despite the abuse, you know I love the game and won't give up until I "get it".

#8464 3 years ago

I have a spot for a Standard RnM I just realized I’m not going to be able to keep
(Baby # 3 coming)
Please pm me if interested, Thanks

#8465 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You and kermit24 nailed me...I'm definitely more of an "on the fly" type of player, and end up panic flipping! As you say, it's insane (actually feels like the game is attacking me I've actually never had a game humiliate me quite like RAM! This feedback really helps...I'll have to try a different approach...more trapping and breathing! Despite the abuse, you know I love the game and won't give up until I "get it".

Don’t forget more beer!

Just don’t get riggity riggity wrecked!

#8466 3 years ago

--Scott

Soooo, Yoga Pinball vs. Drunken KungFu Pinball......

#8467 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Damn, Hollywood Edge. Bringing back some memories!

Yeah, RIP Hollywood Edge. Sound Ideas is the crappier company, but they bought the corpse. I'm not sure Sound Ideas will be long for the world, either, though.

#8468 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Totally. Can you not flail away when the ball gets into the lower half of the pop bumper? Haha. Or when it comes screaming out of the horseshoe? This game has me on edge for every second of my 45 second long games. And I love it.

#8469 3 years ago

Game 371 in the house!

20201203_152017 (resized).jpg20201203_152017 (resized).jpg
#8470 3 years ago

--Scott

What's awesome is on both of these games I prefer to play on the fly, for the most part. It's fantastic! I love going right at those centre targets on TNA! Makes you a much better player if you can do it, which sometimes I do, sometimes not so much.

R&M is a lightning speed flow monster when your making your shots. Feels like more attention/reward could be given for combos though, I haven't noticed anything in the way of callouts, sound effects, etc. Love the way IMDN rewards combos and the Death Blows.

My attention span is apparently too short to trap up every shot. YMMV.

#8471 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What's awesome is on both of these games I prefer to play on the fly, for the most part. It's fantastic! I love going right at those centre targets on TNA! Makes you a much better player if you can do it, which sometimes I do, sometimes not so much.
R&M is a lightning speed flow monster when your making your shots. Feels like more attention/reward could be given for combos though, I haven't noticed anything in the way of callouts, sound effects, etc. Love the way IMDN rewards combos and the Death Blows.
My attention span is apparently too short to trap up every shot. YMMV.

Definitely need to add to the combos on both R&M and ACNC. Both are tough to string together those 5+ shot combos, but when you do it's solid gold. It would be nice to have some additional rewards when a player manages it.

#8472 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Definitely need to add to the combos on both R&M and ACNC. Both are tough to string together those 5+ shot combos, but when you do it's solid gold. It would be nice to have some additional rewards when a player manages it.

There's a combo champ in R&M i'm sure??

#8473 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

There's a combo champ in R&M i'm sure??

Yeah but big funny callout or something... know where you're up to... you know like counting how many you're at once you get past 3-4 or something.

Like counting out buttwhips Lol ... appropriate for this game.

Rick: "Ooooh, Four! ... yeah whip that dragon again Morty!"

#8474 3 years ago

Just paid for #412! It's really happening!

#8475 3 years ago

The adventures are so well done and hilarious, I'm gunning to get better just to see more. The secret Roy ending I got had me laughing hard. The narrator did a great job with it.

The music is really on point and makes the adventures and dimensions so awesome! The strategy on this game is very unique, I'm really enjoying mixing and matching different focal points to see where my score goes. My best ball had me so in the zone, i didn't realize my score piped up big time, ended with over 19 mil. It's very challenging, but upon finding that zen focus zone where you are crushing shots and portals, it is so damn gratifying.

Just thought I'd throw a few thoughts out there while I was taking a break for a few minutes. Back to the dimension hopping now!

#8476 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

For anyone dealing with the sub woofer issue, here is my fix.
But first, I didn't try this however I noticed that in the Lepai/Lepy amp there are two sub outs. Spooky wired up both of those to the single sub. I am going to venture to guess this is part of the issue. I assume that is for a sub with two inputs or for two subs. I was assuming they used two sets of wires because that wire is hella small for that size sub but maybe those wires should both be going to the same single sub output. I don't want to bend over the cabinet again for a long time trying to put the old amp back in and test.
That aside, I was still very unsettled with the game needing to be on a volume of 2 and the amp turned way down to even get the sub at a manageable level. The outputs from the PC should be at a level that the amp can handle. In either case, I just ditched the stock amp and went with something different. While the Lepai/Lepy amps aren't much different in price or function I screwed with that one enough to question the viability of it.
I tried a few different options and this one seems like the best to me. It has RCA inputs so no change there. It has wire outputs (or banana plug) for the speakers, a single sub out AND it manages/handles the levels properly. Game is on a volume of like 10 or something and I can use the sub and speaker volume controls properly and the sub does not rattle at all. It was also one that I could get quickly from Amazon versus a week.
amazon.com link »
The DC plug the game has in it is a bit too large for the amp. I am using a different DC power supply, I am sure you can get converters on Amazon to change the barrel size. I have a bunch that came with a DC bench supply but they sell them individually or as a kit. Worst case, buy a $10 DC adjustable supply that comes with them (and then you have a spare).

This solution was a game changer for me. Rattling was so bad on the game, and I couldn't find the sweet spot on the amp. Now the audio is super crisp, loud and changes the entire audio experience for me.

#8477 3 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

The adventures are so well done and hilarious, I'm gunning to get better just to see more. The secret Roy ending I got had me laughing hard. The narrator did a great job with it.
The music is really on point and makes the adventures and dimensions so awesome! The strategy on this game is very unique, I'm really enjoying mixing and matching different focal points to see where my score goes. My best ball had me so in the zone, i didn't realize my score piped up big time, ended with over 19 mil. It's very challenging, but upon finding that zen focus zone where you are crushing shots and portals, it is so damn gratifying.
Just thought I'd throw a few thoughts out there while I was taking a break for a few minutes. Back to the dimension hopping now!

Totally agree with the roy callouts and narration.

On the other hand, I am putting my hat in the ring for a "limit screams" option for the screaming dimension. Both mutiballs going during that dimension is horrible.

#8478 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

#373 is on it's way! I am a bit annoyed I need to be home tomorrow receive delivery from the shipper... between 10:00 and 6:00 so I have to lose half a day of work, but that's not Spooky's fault. It's my first NIB and I'm excited! I should even get it before it rains agains so I can walk it down to my basement without having to wiat for mud to dry. In the mean time I'll try no to refresh the shipping update page... It's half way from Indiana to Maryland allready![quoted image]

The thing is your pin is probably on a truck making multiple deliveries and you are only one stop on their route that day.
Whenever I am having a machine delivered I ask them to have the driver call me 30 minutes before they are scheduled to arrive.
I basically just go into the office and when they call I head home to meet them fir my delivery.
They really don’t know how long all the other deliveries will take etc, which is why you get such a large window.
Done this multiple times with various game deliveries.
I suppose it helps that my office is only 10 minutes from my house.

#8479 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Totally agree with the roy callouts and narration.
On the other hand, I am putting my hat in the ring for a "limit screams" option for the screaming dimension. Both mutiballs going during that dimension is horrible.

The non-stop screams during multi ball is part of the mayhem, love it!! Same as the farts

#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The non-stop screams during multi ball is part of the mayhem, love it!! Same as the farts

I think it's that it annoys/distracts the player is the whole point!

This is Rick and Morty!! ... want something unoffensive, or not sometimes annoying as part of the theme... I think maybe this pin is not the right choice then... the repeated screaming/farting is only a problem if you can't choose to block it out when you want to.

Focus better. Play better.

#8481 3 years ago

I created a shooter lane mylar for my Rick and Morty. I'm sharing my template below for those interested. A few notes:

-I extended the one end longer in between the wireform (cropped off the template), but it won't fit on a standard printer paper, so you can probably make the end longer as desired (top right).
-After cutting, I ended up splitting in 3 pieces before applying, in half until the end of the divot in the shooter lane, then a third piece that extended up to the wireform. This helps with the curves.
-Print to 100% size.

Shooter Lane Template_Long.pdfShooter Lane Template_Long.pdf

#8482 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think it's that it annoys/distracts the player is the whole point!
This is Rick and Morty!! ... want something unoffensive, or not sometimes annoying as part of the theme... I think maybe this pin is not the right choice then... the repeated screaming/farting is only a problem if you can't choose to block it out when you want to.
Focus better. Play better.

It reminds me a bit of the secret laugh mode in Shadow - and playing it during Khan multiball.

#8483 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Surprised the other pinball manufacturers haven’t been supplied some faulty legs as well.

It wouldn’t matter for stern. They cut away the art from the legs and have the protectors.

#8484 3 years ago

I've had this pin for almost 3 months, and only now discovered a tweak I needed to make to the game, that makes a BIG difference. If you have this issue, it's not noticeable (you probably wouldn't know unless you checked), and I only discovered when my spinner finally got stuck. I recommend checking...

Essentially the spinner wasn't whirling as much as it should have been... Yes, it went around about 10-20 times per shot, but was still not purring like a car motor. On the left side of the spinner, the wire was grazing the plastic at the top (at the very edge) just enough to slow it down enough to make an impact. I shifted the wire brace slightly toward the player and it clears perfectly fine. I just had my first 80M+ game right after. Coincidence?

Check it out, and let me know... I'm curious if others had this issue on their pin.

#8485 3 years ago

After owning my game for ~2 months I finally realized the shaker wasn't working. Turned out to be a bad crimp at the shaker board in the cabinet. I love spooky and R&M but really something that should have been caught in QC. If someone ordered the shaker and paid for the install it definitely needs to be on the QC checklist.

#8486 3 years ago

Rick is in the house. Been having beer and playing all night. Good news I have tomorrow off. Game plays great thanks spooky and scott. Love the creative Roy deaths. Hilarious. And set swear level to 69. Nice guys. I need to still feel out the shots. I’ll be playing on and off all day tomorrow.

515EF634-12DE-438F-A895-C5E1B6E4BE95 (resized).jpeg515EF634-12DE-438F-A895-C5E1B6E4BE95 (resized).jpeg
#8487 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

After owning my game for ~2 months I finally realized the shaker wasn't working. Turned out to be a bad crimp at the shaker board in the cabinet. I love spooky and R&M but really something that should have been caught in QC. If someone ordered the shaker and paid for the install it definitely needs to be on the QC checklist.

My shaker (self install, but same exact one) resets the game. So, you're winning

#8488 3 years ago

Wait for it...

First test. Still have to work on alignment for best viewing and waiting for cut plastic to get here for floor.

#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Rick is in the house. Been having beer and playing all night. Good news I have tomorrow off. Game plays great thanks spooky and scott. Love the creative Roy deaths. Hilarious. And set swear level to 69. Nice guys. I need to still feel out the shots. I’ll be playing on and off all day tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Wow congrats love that lineup. Should be a fun weekend.

#8490 3 years ago

Final Invoice paid for #423 !

#8491 3 years ago

Here’s a bug has anyone had this happen. It’s never happened before but now twice in the last 20 or so games.

Will be playing normal one ball and for no apparent reason one ball is launched into play. One ball can drain and can keep playing on the remaining ball but when that ball drains the game doesn’t do anything like serve up next ball or do a ball search it just sits there. I was able to add a second player game but nothing happens to current game no ball search it just sits. Then I need to hard reset.

#8492 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here’s a bug has anyone had this happen. It’s never happened before but now twice in the last 20 or so games.
Will be playing normal one ball and for no apparent reason one ball is launched into play. One ball can drain and can keep playing on the remaining ball but when that ball drains the game doesn’t do anything like serve up next ball or do a ball search it just sits there. I was able to add a second player game but nothing happens to current game no ball search it just sits. Then I need to hard reset.

This has happened to me but when it does the game crashes. epthegeek has said it's fixed in the next version

#8493 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I created a shooter lane mylar for my Rick and Morty. I'm sharing my template below for those interested. A few notes:
-I extended the one end longer in between the wireform (cropped off the template), but it won't fit on a standard printer paper, so you can probably make the end longer as desired (top right).
-After cutting, I ended up splitting in 3 pieces before applying, in half until the end of the divot in the shooter lane, then a third piece that extended up to the wireform. This helps with the curves.
-Print to 100% size.
[quoted image]

Are you making these? I'll take one.

#8494 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Are you making these? I'll take one.

I really was just sharing as a template for free - just print to 100%, cut out and trace onto Mylar and then you’re good to go.

#8495 3 years ago

#373 IS IN THE HOUSE... 1 year to the day after the teaser drop!

First NIB and a solid decision.

Loving it. I asked if the minions could sign the backbox and it looks like all of Spooky signed it for me. Sweet!

Only 5 games in, but tons of fun. Can't wait to turn on the adult language after the kids go to bed.

I am looking forward to being that crazy guy that brings a nice pin to a pinball show. I'm bringing this to free-play at Allentown or York if they go this year.

Thanks Spooky!

P.S. To those folks complaining about build quality and shot geometry, I don't see it. I got to play #49 in DC in February, and this one shoots better. Only complaint I have is the glass rattles out of the box, but that's an easy adjustment. Anyone local (Maryland) concerned about build quality is welcome to check it out, just PM me.

I'll have more feedback after I've had more than 5 games.

20201204_121511 (resized).jpg20201204_121511 (resized).jpg20201204_125214 (resized).jpg20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
#8496 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

P.S. To those folks complaining about build quality and shot geometry, I don't see it. I got to play #49 in DC in February, and this one shoots better. Only complaint I have is the glass rattles out of the box, but that's an easy adjustment. Anyone local (Maryland) concerned about build quality is welcome to check it out, just PM me.

Mine is #175 and I'm impressed with the build quality. Best PF and cabinet (butter) I've ever owned. I only had to fix 3 things...lowered the scoop, fixed my diverter (that was installed behind the ramp), and dialed in the audio to stop rattling/convulsing. Now that the audio is dialed in, it's also the best sounding stock audio I've ever heard (and I've owned quite a few over the years).

It's really an impressive achievement. Best theme integration EVER...amazing collaboration with the Rick and Morty creators.

#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Looks like they're pumping the games out pretty good! I am #660, wonder how long i'm looking at until I see mine.

#8498 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Looks like they're pumping the games out pretty good! I am #660, wonder how long i'm looking at until I see mine.

They are building between 10-15 games per week (assume a dozen average)

If invoice #423 was just paid, and I'm 530 I assume 9 more weeks before I pay my final invoice (10 weeks until my game is ready), so mid-February I should be able to pickup my game.

You are probably closer to 20 weeks before you see an invoice, so probably end of April for your game to be complete.

#8499 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

They are building between 10-15 games per week (assume a dozen average)

The way they are coming out, it looks like the Avg is closer to 15...

they are flying down the line at this point.

#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Woah 3 days from options to invoice? I thought the invoice was when it was ready to ship?

Damn I've got to get my Skateball sold this week

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/170?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.