(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,222 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by DanQverymuch
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 405.
#8301 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The pin is set stock with the exception of starting with 0 adventures (stock is 2). Tilt bob is installed, but the pin is on hard floor so slide saves are possible and I'm sure my son used the two tilt warnings on each ball. One extra ball (can you even get more than one?). PF is set to 6.7 degrees. He finished with 33 seeds and had 20 early on. Completed 9 adventures, 5 or 6 successfully.
Also, as the game progressed the left ramp was more difficult due to flipper fade. I've ordered the cooling kits, although I'm concerned that would allow my son to put up an even higher score LOL

Thats impressive. I don't think Karl DeAngelo got a score that high when he had one.

#8302 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I unboxed 10 days ago. I was unaware of the issue until reading this thread a few days ago. The butter decals are slightly crimped on the left sides. All my legs are fine on the right side of the legs. I took vireland recommendation to put a nylon spacer between the leg/cab...leg still seems to be touching the cabinet.
Considering all the care Spooky takes with the metal leg protectors and blanket wrapping, it's unfortunate that something as simple as legs could be defective. Oh well. Emailed Spooky support to see what they suggest. Considering the high cost of the butter cabinet, really want to prevent any further damage!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just a light hit with a blow dryer will settle those creases. I’m assuming felt protectors will stop it happening again.

#8303 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

LOL, yes he's an adult. The thing is, he has his own place, which means over the past 6 weeks since our R&M was delivered, he's only played for maybe 4 hours total. Whereas I've been playing an hour or more almost every day, and well... like you say, most of us are just Jerry's!

Are we sure the game was functioning properly? Did he get through 10 adventures and play the 3x one really well? I've had the game for a 1.5 months and only get around 30 mill on the best games.

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Are we sure the game was functioning properly? Did he get through 10 adventures and play the 3x one really well? I've had the game for a 1.5 months and only get around 30 mill on the best games.

If you get a really good stack going with an adventure/good dimension/multi ball you can BLOW up a score if you're getting seeds while doing it

#8305 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I can say for sure the pin was playing properly. He drained the last ball (#4) during the 9th adventure.

Quoted from northerndude:

If you get a really good stack going with an adventure/good dimension/multi ball you can BLOW up a score if you're getting seeds while doing it

This ^^^

#8306 3 years ago

Agree. I got 63m the other night, and all I really understand is try to collect Meeseeks and megaseeds. Have no idea about strategies yet. Hit the lit shots. So it only happened because I just happened to stack whatever without a clue. I do take credit for keeping the ball alive.

#8307 3 years ago

Megaseeds are the key, and the faster the better since they remain for each ball. A 10 mil ball (which is not hard to achieve with an adventure stacked on a good multi-ball)... add 10 megaseeds and you now have a 20 mil ball, 20 megaseeds becomes a 30 mil ball, etc. Start stacking some meeseeks in the mix and the jackpots really kick in.

#8308 3 years ago

Yea my best score is 48 mil and I think 40 of that came from one ball. I almost restarted my game because I played so poorly on the first ball.

#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Agree. I got 63m the other night, and all I really understand is try to collect Meeseeks and megaseeds. Have no idea about strategies yet. Hit the lit shots. So it only happened because I just happened to stack whatever without a clue. I do take credit for keeping the ball alive.

I’m not sure of the strategies for Meeseeks Mania, how do the multipliers work on the multi ball, is it just Meeseeks jackpots, or all points associated with the shot, such as in adventure?

#8310 3 years ago

Just received the email to pick out options on #423!

#8311 3 years ago

I have a question about Meeseeks mania or multiball...

Whenever I’m in the Meeseeks mania/multi ball I always hear the machine say “I’m counting to three Jerry” and then shortly after that I’ll end up draining usually and get the Looserrrrrrr call out.

So my question is this; is there a shot that I’m supposed to make towards the end of Meeseeks mania? It’s so chaotic I never know what the hell I’m supposed to be doing!

#8312 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I have a question about Meeseeks mania or multiball...
Whenever I’m in the Meeseeks mania/multi ball I always hear the machine say “I’m coming to three Jerry” and then shortly after that I’ll end up draining usually and get the Looserrrrrrr call out.
So my question is this; is there a shot that I’m supposed to make towards the end of Meeseeks mania? It’s so chaotic I never know what the hell I’m supposed to be doing!

Yes. That’s after you drain to one ball... hit the Jerry shot. Miss and hit Summer or Beth and get called a ‘loser’.

#8313 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thats impressive. I don't think Karl DeAngelo got a score that high when he had one.

Karl got that much on a bonus. Over 200 mil total.

#8314 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oooh, ep is back posting. Me thinks a release of an update is around the corner.

#8315 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ah ok - I was referring to the 138M score with 33(?) megaseeds:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/166#post-5986969

#8316 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I can say for sure the pin was playing properly. He drained the last ball (#4) during the 9th adventure.

This ^^^

Not trying to second guess the score, it just seems oddly high given the megaseed count and what you describe. I've had some games with 20 plus megaseeds and finished the adventure card only be in that 30 mill ranges.

#8317 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Not trying to second guess the score, it just seems oddly high given the megaseed count and what you describe. I've had some games with 20 plus megaseeds and finished the adventure card only be in that 30 mill ranges.

It's all about crushing "super fuckin jackpots" while in a good dimension while inadvertently hitting meeseeks, & seeds and in Pickle-Rick!! LOL, thats the payoff

#8318 3 years ago

It's all about crushing "super fuckin jackpots" while in a good dimension while inadvertently hitting meeseeks, & seeds and in Pickle-Rick!! LOL, thats the payoff

Hitting those supers does feel good

#8319 3 years ago

That score is are possible if you can stay alive collecting adventures and mega seeds. I got 148 million last week and it was basically on 2 balls. I drained the last 3 balls almost immediately (2 extra balls). I got 36 mega seeds and an 80 million bonus on my second ball. Had a 6x morty’s choice. I tried to get multiball (super jackpots are key) for every adventure and was able to complete 3 of 4 adventures on the second ball. Default 4 card stamps and a loose tilt. The big thing was hitting that big mega seed bonus which took me from 60 mill to 140 mil

#8320 3 years ago

WOOHOO! Just submitted my build sheet.

Sh#t just got REAL!

#8321 3 years ago

458 can't be far off!

#8322 3 years ago

New code yet? Seems like it's been forever, there was pretty regular releases going on back thru summer.

#8323 3 years ago

Got the email for my build. Trying to decide whether or not to butter it. I have a 2 yr old who as of now won't be around it. When they do come into contact with them as they get older (crayons, goo, stickers), I assume the butter is easier to fixup and clean?

#8324 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Got the email for my build. Trying to decide whether or not to butter it. I have a 2 yr old who as of now won't be around it. When they do come into contact with them as they get older (crayons, goo, stickers), I assume the butter is easier to fixup and clean?

<Googles chainlink fencing for children>

I chose not to go Butter, as much as i like how it looks it will be safely fit between another pin and a wall.
Kind of hard to showcase that gloss there. If it were standalone where folks might gather around, i may have considered it.

#8325 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

This comment gives me chills just thinking about. If you even have to make that comment I'd not do butter personally. I had my youngest and was always watching him like a hawk around my games. Avoided major disasters for 5 years until he could be trusted not to do something really stupid with them like markers or stickers or things as you mention. Best of luck.

#8326 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

New code yet? Seems like it's been forever, there was pretty regular releases going on back thru summer.

Last code was labeled 2020-10-12 I believe. Not quite 2 months.

#8327 3 years ago

Rules question: I just had my best game thanks to a strong Pickle Rick adventure (35M). I rarely get Pickle Rick. What's the algorithm for determining when/if you get Pickle Rick? How are the adventures selected? If it were purely random, I think I'd see Pickle Rick more often...

#8328 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

This comment gives me chills just thinking about. If you even have to make that comment I'd not do butter personally. I had my youngest and was always watching him like a hawk around my games. Avoided major disasters for 5 years until he could be trusted not to do something really stupid with them like markers or stickers or things as you mention. Best of luck.

Haha that's fair. Thanks for the input

#8329 3 years ago

Biggest payoff I've seen is gromflomite supers in a 3x dimension (garage for left, right orbit for right). Stack your MB and mode, get meeseeks added in and try to get (and stay) in one of the 3x dimensions collecting supers.

Haven't figured out yet if meeseeks + dimension is multiplicative or additive. 3x right side with a blue 4x meeseeks light = 7x or 12x shot?

#8330 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The butter decals are slightly crimped on the left sides.

Butter decals? Isn't the butter artwork supposed to be directly printed onto the wood, meaning no decals at all?

#8331 3 years ago

anyone know how to remove the house? i recall seeing a post not too long ago, but cant find it.

#8332 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Rules question: I just had my best game thanks to a strong Pickle Rick adventure (35M). I rarely get Pickle Rick. What's the algorithm for determining when/if you get Pickle Rick? How are the adventures selected? If it were purely random, I think I'd see Pickle Rick more often...

It's random, except for the first adventure allotment (it's only possible from 2nd and beyond)

#8333 3 years ago
Quoted from pmppk:

Butter decals? Isn't the butter artwork supposed to be directly printed onto the wood, meaning no decals at all?

Don't believe so. I believe butter decals are similar in spirit to Mirco "Rad Cals"...very thick, very glossy decals that are layered/glued to the cabinet. The leg indentations clearly show the artwork isn't directly printed onto the wood...wood doesn't ripple like that

#8334 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

anyone know how to remove the house? i recall seeing a post not too long ago, but cant find it.

Never mind, I figured it out pretty simple just remove both ramps and then it's two quarter inch screws
On a good note, was able to confirm I spent suspicion that might diverter was not working correctly as posted previously in the thread, just had to lift it up and over so it had full range of motion

20201130_202141 (resized).jpg20201130_202141 (resized).jpg
#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Never mind, I figured it out pretty simple just remove both ramps and then it's two quarter inch screws
On a good note, was able to confirm I spent suspicion that might diverter was not working correctly as posted previously in the thread, just had to lift it up and over so it had full range of motion
[quoted image]

I fixed the same exact problem over the weekend (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/164#post-5984455).

Spooky support said they would tell the build folks, since accessing the diverter is a PITA.

#8336 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I fixed the same exact problem over the weekend (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/164#post-5984455).
Spooky support said they would tell the build folks, since accessing the diverter is a PITA.

Wonder how it passed the play test with the diverter not working?

#8337 3 years ago

Seriously folks, how deep is the appreciation for how great playing and addicting this game is for you guys?
I find it after 5 months owning it as fantastic as the first day still and I’m as still as addicted to pressing Start.

*Even though I can’t seem to get my shooter lane perfected, even as I’ll have 30 perfect shooter lane games, the power seems to be a little volatile from press to press of launch (or Squanch in my case)

#8339 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Don't believe so. I believe butter decals are similar in spirit to Mirco "Rad Cals"...very thick, very glossy decals that are layered/glued to the cabinet. The leg indentations clearly show the artwork isn't directly printed onto the wood...wood doesn't ripple like that

Butter cabinets are directly screen printed (or digital, not sure) to the cabinet and then clear coated.

The leg indentations are the same problem as pooling on Playfields. They can be also flattened with heat, like pooling on Playfields.

#8340 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Butter cabinets are directly screen printed (or digital, not sure) to the cabinet and then clear coated.
The leg indentations are the same problem as pooling on Playfields. They can be also flattened with heat, like looking on Playfields.

Although heat won't help in relation to dented wood.

#8341 3 years ago

Seriously folks, how deep is the appreciation for how great playing and addicting this game is for you guys?
I find it after 5 months owning it as fantastic as the first day still and I’m as still as addicted to pressing Start.
*Even though I can’t seem to get my shooter lane perfected, even as I’ll have 30 perfect shooter lane games, the power seems to be a little volatile from press to press of launch (or Squanch in my case)

Check the ball isn't catching the wooden rail on the left side of the shooter lane. I spent a few weeks trying to get my shooter lane working properly, I was convinced it was the worst design ever ( it probably still is! ). Ultimately the problem with my machine was this rail was only a hair away from the ball as it passes by, so the ball could just touch it and that would affect the ball speed so it was impossible to get working reliably like that. I had to move the wooden rail slightly towards the right outlane which was more work than it could have been because 1 or 2 of the screws ( below the playfield ) have boards mounted on top of them. You need to remove the portal gun to get a good look as it's directly on top of it.

IMG_20200626_153819 (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_153819 (resized).jpg
#8342 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The leg indentations are the same problem as pooling on Playfields. They can be also flattened with heat, like pooling on Playfields.

If that's true, WOW. Even more respect for the craftsmanship that went into the cabinet! I guess it would explain the cost as well. Don't recall who told me butter was based on RadCal-like technology. Thanks for the clarification!

#8343 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wonder how it passed the play test with the diverter not working?

Play testing isn't even required to find the diverter issue...test mode would uncover the very audible plunger binding.

I doubt much play testing is done, since then people would freak out over a NIB game with a few dimples.

#8344 3 years ago

This is so true and I can't put my finger on it.

We have a club and we got a new Avengers AIQ Premium, which is the other game I badly wanted this year. I play them both but I can't stop thinking about R&M. I keep hitting the start button and I don't know why. It's like an addiction. Several times I walked in there and said "I'll just play one game" and 2-3 hours later I'm still there.

It's addicting. And when you adjust the inner loop and garage shots and make everything smoother, the portal lights up more often and dimensions are easier to hit and travel through, which makes the game more fun and more dynamic. I've played it for 5+ months now and just hit a brand new dimension the other day. I was in awe! SO FUN!

#8345 3 years ago

#398 will be on the line this Thursday. Just in time for my birthday!

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

#398 will be on the line this Thursday. Just in time for my birthday!

Mine (#373) was put on the line 2 weeks ago, so I'm guessing that means mine is shipping out Wednesday(ish). Yay!

#8347 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I've experienced this when I force a restart on Ball 2, if you do it enough times the LED colors will get out of whack - sometimes the portal green/yellow spin of the entire playfield will stay on constantly; only fix I've found is rebooting.

Funny that this is mentioned, as I experienced this exact situation for the first time just last night. The LED colors were all "stuck" in a yellow color after a restart on ball 2. Rebooting fixed it, just as you mentioned.

#8348 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny that this is mentioned, as I experienced this exact situation for the first time just last night. The LED colors were all "stuck" in a yellow color after a restart on ball 2. Rebooting fixed it, just as you mentioned.

Also have been seeing this issue.

#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This is so true and I can't put my finger on it.
I was in awe! SO FUN!

I have played R&M at LCP and got the same vibe i get from my TNA.
IMHO, I believe it has to do with the way the games play sort of like video games.
It's weird to think of a pin playing like a vid, but the goals are clear and the sound ties it all together.

#8350 3 years ago

#351 paid in full today expected to ship beginning of next week for those keeping track of builds. Almost there pretty excited to play this pin again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 300.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Trade
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/167?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.