(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 405.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The gap does make a difference but mostly with knockdowns, as far as I'm aware.
If the flipper is up and switch closed, a ball deflecting the flipper won't cause a re-energise until too late when the EOS switch activates too early.
My game was unplayable before adjusting, could barely trap, horseshoe shots would cause a held up flipper to collapse.
Fixing the EOS setting solved all this for me.

I've been getting that unusual behavior where the ball hitting an extended flipper causes it to retract. Is that what you are saying you've fixed?

Any additional info (or photos) or links would be great. The ball knocking down my flipper hasn't been a huge issue so far, but would be nice if they were more resilient to the ball hitting them. Never experienced this on any other games.

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I appreciate you trying to help but I don't know what an EOS switch is, or where to find or whether to know if it's "engaging too soon" or what a leaf switch is. I'm basically a guy who just bought a new car but has no idea how it works or how to fix it, which is probably the difference between some owners in this thread being somewhat miffed at all the stuff they need to fix and those who understand how pins work and how to fix them. It's kinda frustrating for us newbies. Usually you're not asked to work on your engine after you purchase a $10k car, but alas, I love Spooky and wanna support them but this can get frustrating. I think some people in this thread need to be a little more patient with newbies like myself. We're not all techies. I just bought the game because I love playing pinball and loooooove Rick & Morty.

I guess the first question is are you comfortable safely lifting the playfield into the upright position? If not, then I would suggest finding a friend with pinball experience who can show you the basics.

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep, all my posts I use (replace) urethane as it exhibits the best durability by far, and plays just fine. I gave up on silicone a long time ago, it's just too weak as piss to give good value for pinball machines, especially the energetic kind like TNA or RaM.
Mostly I use Superbands, but others make good urethane rings as well, I think Cliffy uses the good stuff too.
Superband slim post sleeves fitted fine (not loose) on my TNA, and I ordered the same for RaM. On TNA they already outlasted the originals by 4 fold and still look brand new. Same for flipper rings. Chewed up post sleeves and flipper rings... that isn't a thing anymore if you go to a suitable material, well so I've found anyway.

Where's the best place in Aus to order these Superband sleeves? Thanks.

#8254 3 years ago

I just put some BaronBall Ninja pinballs in my Rick and Morty and it flows like a dream. Jury is out if they will magnetize too much on Rick and Morty. I guess I'll see.

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I appreciate you trying to help but I don't know what an EOS switch is, or where to find or whether to know if it's "engaging too soon" or what a leaf switch is. I'm basically a guy who just bought a new car but has no idea how it works or how to fix it, which is probably the difference between some owners in this thread being somewhat miffed at all the stuff they need to fix and those who understand how pins work and how to fix them. It's kinda frustrating for us newbies. Usually you're not asked to work on your engine after you purchase a $10k car, but alas, I love Spooky and wanna support them but this can get frustrating. I think some people in this thread need to be a little more patient with newbies like myself. We're not all techies. I just bought the game because I love playing pinball and loooooove Rick & Morty.

This is for you:

#8256 3 years ago

For anyone dealing with the sub woofer issue, here is my fix.

But first, I didn't try this however I noticed that in the Lepai/Lepy amp there are two sub outs. Spooky wired up both of those to the single sub. I am going to venture to guess this is part of the issue. I assume that is for a sub with two inputs or for two subs. I was assuming they used two sets of wires because that wire is hella small for that size sub but maybe those wires should both be going to the same single sub output. I don't want to bend over the cabinet again for a long time trying to put the old amp back in and test.

That aside, I was still very unsettled with the game needing to be on a volume of 2 and the amp turned way down to even get the sub at a manageable level. The outputs from the PC should be at a level that the amp can handle. In either case, I just ditched the stock amp and went with something different. While the Lepai/Lepy amps aren't much different in price or function I screwed with that one enough to question the viability of it.

I tried a few different options and this one seems like the best to me. It has RCA inputs so no change there. It has wire outputs (or banana plug) for the speakers, a single sub out AND it manages/handles the levels properly. Game is on a volume of like 10 or something and I can use the sub and speaker volume controls properly and the sub does not rattle at all. It was also one that I could get quickly from Amazon versus a week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W97C7B1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

The DC plug the game has in it is a bit too large for the amp. I am using a different DC power supply, I am sure you can get converters on Amazon to change the barrel size. I have a bunch that came with a DC bench supply but they sell them individually or as a kit. Worst case, buy a $10 DC adjustable supply that comes with them (and then you have a spare).

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

For anyone dealing with the sub woofer issue, here is my fix.
But first, I didn't try this however I noticed that in the Lepai/Lepy amp there are two sub outs. Spooky wired up both of those to the single sub. I am going to venture to guess this is part of the issue. I assume that is for a sub with two inputs or for two subs. I was assuming they used two sets of wires because that wire is hella small for that size sub but maybe those wires should both be going to the same single sub output. I don't want to bend over the cabinet again for a long time trying to put the old amp back in and test.
That aside, I was still very unsettled with the game needing to be on a volume of 2 and the amp turned way down to even get the sub at a manageable level. The outputs from the PC should be at a level that the amp can handle. In either case, I just ditched the stock amp and went with something different. While the Lepai/Lepy amps aren't much different in price or function I screwed with that one enough to question the viability of it.
I tried a few different options and this one seems like the best to me. It has RCA inputs so no change there. It has wire outputs (or banana plug) for the speakers, a single sub out AND it manages/handles the levels properly. Game is on a volume of like 10 or something and I can use the sub and speaker volume controls properly and the sub does not rattle at all. It was also one that I could get quickly from Amazon versus a week.
amazon.com link »
The DC plug the game has in it is a bit too large for the amp. I am using a different DC power supply, I am sure you can get converters on Amazon to change the barrel size. I have a bunch that came with a DC bench supply but they sell them individually or as a kit. Worst case, buy a $10 DC adjustable supply that comes with them (and then you have a spare).

Wow lots of detail here. I appreciate the time it took you to write this up, but this should absolutely not be needed for an $8K+ pinball machine.

#8258 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wow lots of detail here. I appreciate the time it took you to write this up, but this should absolutely not be needed for an $8K+ pinball machine.

It isn't needed. 7 days ago, I posted a really simple solution that worked great for me (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/159#post-5975793). From my perspective, the audio system provided by Spooky is first rate...it just needed to be dialed in! Replacing the amp to solve the subwoofer issue is nonsense.

My RAM audio system sounds AWESOME...have it currently set on 11...not 2! As good as PinWoofer systems, which I have in many of my games.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

but this should absolutely not be needed for an $8K+ pinball machine.

I'm just sucking it up and moving past this. I don't think the fixes are going to be coming for this kind of thing so I'm just going to fix it if I am going to keep the game. Next up, redesigning the shooter coil mounting situation so I don't keep screwing up the switch when I lower the playfield, don't feel the coil through the flipper button and don't get pissed off each time I look at it.

#8260 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It isn't needed. 7 days ago, I posted a really simple solution that worked great for me (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/159#post-5975793). From my perspective, the audio system provided by Spooky is first rate...it just needed to be dialed in! Replacing the amp to solve the subwoofer issue is nonsense.
My RAM audio system sounds AWESOME...have it currently set on 11...not 2! As good as PinWoofer systems, which I have in many of my games.

Except your solution is a pain to implement and doesn't resolve the fact that the current amp (at least mine) can not be used to adjust the levels on the sub anything past "just on"... it just isn't right and I'm anal enough to not live with "just isn't right". Plus it's not the sub that's causing the issue, it's the thing driving the sub to that level.

#8261 3 years ago

Except your solution is a pain to implement and doesn't resolve the fact that the current amp (at least mine) can not be used to adjust the levels on the sub anything past "just on"... it just isn't right and I'm anal enough to not live with "just isn't right". Plus it's not the sub that's causing the issue, it's the thing driving the sub to that level.

Trust me, when it comes to audio, you ain't more anal than I am. My cars, my homes, and my pins have the best f-ing audio on the planet. Won't bore you with the details...don't want to get into a pissing match with you!

Pain to implement? $10 and 2 hours? That's a pain? You clearly don't know what you are talking about, sir.

As I said above, "My RAM audio system sounds AWESOME...have it currently set on 11...not 2! As good as PinWoofer systems, which I have in many of my games."

#8262 3 years ago

I'll say that the previously linked felt tape on the glass got rid of about 80% of my Rattle, although it did take 2 layers. The glass fits very snug now. The pinnovaters sub ring got rid of another 15%. I tweaked some of the amp settings, but they are not turned all the way down. I can listen at pretty loud volumes with great bass, and nearly any rattle

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'll say that the previously linked felt tape on the glass got rid of about 80% of my Rattle, although it did take 2 layers. The glass fits very snug now. The pinnovaters sub ring got rid of another 15%. I tweaked some of the amp settings, but they are not turned all the way down. I can listen at pretty loud volumes with great bass, and nearly any rattle

Not surprised. My experience was the 3/4" ring I installed from Amazon with tweaks to the amp settings got me 80%...was very playable. Today I installed anti-rattle tape from PinWoofer and it got me the last 20%. The game sounds f-ing AWESOME now...best stock audio in ANY GAME I'VE EVER OWNED.

#8264 3 years ago

I'm just sucking it up and moving past this. I don't think the fixes are going to be coming for this kind of thing so I'm just going to fix it if I am going to keep the game. Next up, redesigning the shooter coil mounting situation so I don't keep screwing up the switch when I lower the playfield, don't feel the coil through the flipper button and don't get pissed off each time I look at it.

I just got my game and set it up yesterday and had the same issue. Could feel the plunger hitting the flipper switch.

IMG_9223 (resized).JPGIMG_9223 (resized).JPG

My solution was to lower the entire switch assembly one "hole". My right switch had 4 holes in the cabinet, and was mounted in the bottom two. But it was still too high and could hit the shooter lane plunger. So by lowering it so the top hole in the switch mounts in the very bottom/last hole, it is at the correct height to clear the plunger. I did have to very carefully drill a small pilot hole in the cabinet for the second lower screw hole and then screwed it in there. Seems to be working well there, though the overall level of resistance provided by the switches is less now because of the lever-action the longer plastic piece is given. Might need to adopt spring-loaded flipper buttons.

62836708736__D815DFDC-6416-430E-AE93-545E79ACE6BE (resized).JPG62836708736__D815DFDC-6416-430E-AE93-545E79ACE6BE (resized).JPG

I also replaced the plastic blade with a thicker variant that has less flex than the original.

I plan to do a larger write-up / review after I have a bit more time on the game (which is a blast!). There are certainly a couple of things I've found that are really questionable, this switch setup being one of them.

#8265 3 years ago

Fytr don't wear regular shoes!

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I just got my game and set it up yesterday and had the same issue. Could feel the plunger hitting the flipper switch.
[quoted image]
My solution was to lower the entire switch assembly one "hole". My right switch had 4 holes in the cabinet, and was mounted in the bottom two. But it was still too high and could hit the shooter lane plunger. So by lowering it so the top hole in the switch mounts in the very bottom/last hole, it is at the correct height to clear the plunger. I did have to very carefully drill a small pilot hole in the cabinet for the second lower screw hole and then screwed it in there. Seems to be working well there, though the overall level of resistance provided by the switches is less now because of the lever-action the longer plastic piece is given. Might need to adopt spring-loaded flipper buttons.
[quoted image]
I also replaced the plastic blade with a thicker variant that has less flex than the original.
I plan to do a larger write-up / review after I have a bit more time on the game (which is a blast!). There are certainly a couple of things I've found that are really questionable, this switch setup being one of them.

Awesome. I keep looking at the assembly wondering how I wanted to move it. I'll check that out!

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Trust me, when it comes to audio, you ain't more anal than I am. My cars, my homes, and my pins have the best f-ing audio on the planet. Won't bore you with the details...don't want to get into a pissing match with you!
Pain to implement? $10 and 2 hours? That's a pain? You clearly don't know what you are talking about, sir.
As I said above, "My RAM audio system sounds AWESOME...have it currently set on 11...not 2! As good as PinWoofer systems, which I have in many of my games."

I'm not anal about audio, I rarely do anything over stock except in my old B/W games I replaced the speakers. I'm anal, at least in this case, about the amp not performing its functions properly. It sounds like some people have this issue to an extreme and some just have shaking cabinets, which the spacer/foam, etc seem to solve. My issue was that I could not turn the sub down far enough to prevent distortion. I had no control over sub volume between off and the slightest bit turned on using the amp knob. The only thing I could do was turn the game volume all the way down (which for some reason is 2) and then turn the amp speakers almost all the way up. Still had no control over the sub but at least I could have some sub and not have it sound like crap.

Now I have full control over the entire range of the amp on both the sub and speakers.

Turned off, the game sounded ok. Turned just slightly on and not only did the cabinet rattle like others have but any time the sub had audio it made everything sound horrible.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BWCeZcEwi6Lp9LHK7

#8268 3 years ago

I was so happy with my 72mil score. But alas, it did not hold. My son crushed it!

Screenshot 2020-11-29 213358 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-11-29 213358 (resized).png
#8269 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was so happy with my 72mil score. But alas, it did not hold. My son crushed it!
[quoted image]

Holy crap.

#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Spot on there, I finally got back to it just now. As soon as I had a decent look around in the back of the cabinet I soon discovered the culprit, one single connector disconnected on the power distribution board next to the power supply. Game fired straight up. I levelled it and played a first game. Was really happy with the how everything played, interesting shots a and some nice flow around the top of the playfield. Look forward to many more games soon as I load the latest code.

Man that's literally the first thing that stood out to me the big rattle. I am going to have look at mine today as well.

Awesome!! On the bass I also already had a Polk external sub and hooked it up day 1 and it’s amazing. I did play around with the internal sub first and experienced everything talked about in the threads. But if you can swing it hook up an ex sub and never look back! Enjoy watching your friends jaws drop to the bass in this audio package - ex sub $100, total enjoyment and look on your friends faces - priceless((;

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Where's the best place in Aus to order these Superband sleeves? Thanks.

I couldn't find the right size stocked in Oz, all were various larger ones. There is a huge range, unfortunately only a small range stocked here. I just ordered them from US in a regular order of other stuff...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/73#post-5701879

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/73#post-5701866

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I hear you man. Audio (and Home Theater) is another main hobby of mine, I used to do comp car audio as well many moons ago. I had a good tweak of the stock amp and agree it's way too fiddly compared to what it should be for controlling that sub. A good comparison would be Pinwoofer's amp which I just installed in JP2. It's incredibly simple to dial in to get smooth sub output. I got my R&M stock one sounding ok compared to out of the box, but a ways from ideal as the sub volume is far too granular. I might do something similar to your there to help make it easier to get the level right. No point really in putting in a spacer kit if the sub just isn't blending properly with the rest of the audio, since it's actually too loud to begin with due to the difficulty of getting the settings to well blended level.

#8273 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Awesome!! On the bass I also already had a Polk external sub and hooked it up day 1 and it’s amazing. I did play around with the internal sub first and experienced everything talked about in the threads. But if you can swing it hook up an ex sub and never look back! Enjoy watching your friends jaws drop to the bass in this audio package - ex sub $100, total enjoyment and look on your friends faces - priceless((;

Did you just connect wires to the sub connectors and run directly to the external sub? I'm wondering if you did anything other than that. I'm looking to hook up an external sub as well and don't want to mess anything up. Thanks

#8274 3 years ago

I've had that upper right switch issue going for a while and I've been trying to adjust it but I think the space back there is enough that it will always be possible for the ball to slide by the switch. I sat there recording it for a while the other night trying to figure out the exact replication for it and all I can tell is that it is simply the switch wire being pushed to the side. The video goes on for a bit but you can hear the switch test noises and notice when the switch doesn't trigger.

But then also this happened so can't wait to get these loops and switches dialed in.[quoted image]

I initilly had more problems with that orbit switch there not registering orbits and spinner shots. The ball guide was way too close to the switch and any tricklng ball would roll right past it without registering.

2020-11-30 14.09.55.png2020-11-30 14.09.55.png

The curve got smoothed out instead of being like a pointy elbow, and the guide by the switch moved hard up against the woodrail. Also the "fork tounge" bit on the inside helps stop any tricklers missing the switch.

For that switchback I just done the suggested tweaks a few posts back of kinking the end of the loopback guide in toward the loopback switch, and adjusting switch position. Never misses now.

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

[quoted image]

Your son got that score I hope his name is Keith elwin ..lol. That’s a impressive score for R&M

#8276 3 years ago

I plan to bypass the sub if it's not sounding mint, just putting the final touches and covering on my 18" sub build

IMG_5071 (resized).jpgIMG_5071 (resized).jpg
#8277 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I plan to bypass the sub if it's not sounding mint, just putting the final touches and covering on my 18" sub build
[quoted image]

Awwww Geeez ... Brown Note time!!! :3

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I initilly had more problems with that orbit switch there not registering orbits and spinner shots. The ball guide was way too close to the switch and any tricklng ball would roll right past it without registering.
[quoted image]
The curve got smoothed out instead of being like a pointy elbow, and the guide by the switch moved hard up against the woodrail. Also the "fork tounge" bit on the inside helps stop any tricklers missing the switch.
For that switchback I just done the suggested tweaks a few posts back of kinking the end of the loopback guide in toward the loopback switch, and adjusting switch position. Never misses now.

Guess I'll be doing a full tear down of most of the playfield. Need to solve these things to make playing less infuriating.

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

[quoted image]

Just not big enough

#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The leg clearance and angle now look good. Is that how it came out of the box or did you double up the leg mounts or something?

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

[quoted image]

Tell your son to be careful when he puts the glass back on after playing! . I think I'd have to set it to a 10 ball game to get that kind of score.

#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

No point really in putting in a spacer kit if the sub just isn't blending properly with the rest of the audio, since it's actually too loud to begin with due to the difficulty of getting the settings to well blended level.

Well, the spacer helped solve my vibration issues. At the moment, RAM sounds as good as any of my PinWoofer enhanced games (and I'm a big fan of Dan's PinWoofer product...was an early adopter).

Stock Stern speakers have no spacers since the stock speakers are dirt cheap and the system is awful/underpowered. PinWoofer adds spacers since the better speakers/amp demand it. I believe this is true for RAM as well. The backbox speakers have nice spacers and sound great. It's a shame Spooky doesn't have a spacer for the sub, but it was cheap and straightforward to add. The bigger shame is Spooky did do a great job on the audio setup, but the out-of-box experience is arguably crappy. For audio aware folks, not a big deal. For newbies and folks that don't have time to fiddle, it's a darn shame!

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is not needed, but like all the time you try to enhance your machine, it's like taking off the 5,-$ China speaker out of your Stern pin.

#8284 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, the spacer helped solve my vibration issues. At the moment, RAM sounds as good as any of my PinWoofer enhanced games (and I'm a big fan of Dan's PinWoofer product...was an early adopter).
Stock Stern speakers have no spacers since the stock speakers are dirt cheap and the system is awful/underpowered. PinWoofer adds spacers since the better speakers/amp demand it. I believe this is true for RAM as well. The backbox speakers have nice spacers and sound great. It's a shame Spooky doesn't have a spacer for the sub, but it was cheap and straightforward to add. The bigger shame is Spooky did do a great job on the audio setup, but the out-of-box experience is arguably crappy. For audio aware folks, not a big deal. For newbies and folks that don't have time to fiddle, it's a darn shame!

If the spacer is helping there are two reasons for this; either it’s stopping the woofer’s surround from hitting the grill, in which case you could just remove the grill, or it’s decoupling the woofer from the cabinet, in which case a felt or EVA foam gasket will do the same.

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

If the spacer is helping there are two reasons for this; either it’s stopping the woofer’s surround from hitting the grill, in which case you could just remove the grill, or it’s decoupling the woofer from the cabinet, in which case a felt or EVA foam gasket will do the same.

Exactly, but I believe your second reason (decoupling) was much more important. I'm sure there are other products that can do the same...3/4" MDF might be overkill for this application, but it worked great for me and was priced right ($10). The Pinnovators product will do the job as well, I'm sure.

#8286 3 years ago

I know, right!

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Just not big enough

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The leg clearance and angle now look good. Is that how it came out of the box or did you double up the leg mounts or something?

Yes, my legs were fine out of the box. I do have a set of felt mounts on just because I had them but they wouldn't be necessary.

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yes, my legs were fine out of the box. I do have a set of felt mounts on just because I had them but they wouldn't be necessary.

Mine were also fine. I don't know what they look like if they aren't, I just saw a pic of the damage but I don't see any way the legs on my game could make that damage.

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

[quoted image]

It’s official... I suck at pinball!

#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I unboxed 10 days ago. I was unaware of the issue until reading this thread a few days ago. The butter decals are slightly crimped on the left sides. All my legs are fine on the right side of the legs. I took PinMonk recommendation to put a nylon spacer between the leg/cab...leg still seems to be touching the cabinet.

Considering all the care Spooky takes with the metal leg protectors and blanket wrapping, it's unfortunate that something as simple as legs could be defective. Oh well. Emailed Spooky support to see what they suggest. Considering the high cost of the butter cabinet, really want to prevent any further damage!

IMG_2756 (resized).jpegIMG_2756 (resized).jpegIMG_2757 (resized).jpegIMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It’s official... I suck at pinball!

Yep. I fired up a game and got 10M this morning and felt good Yesterday, I had quite a few 1 minutes games where I scored 1M or less. Just brutal. I consider myself an above average player and have played in Florida and SoCal tournaments with some pretty good players. This game is just killing me, but I love it! I'm not giving up...

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I know, right!

Was this score achieved with stock settings and a tilt bob installed? How many extra balls?

#8294 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Was this score achieved with stock settings and a tilt bob installed? How many extra balls?

The pin is set stock with the exception of starting with 0 adventures (stock is 2). Tilt bob is installed, but the pin is on hard floor so slide saves are possible and I'm sure my son used the two tilt warnings on each ball. One extra ball (can you even get more than one?). PF is set to 6.7 degrees. He finished with 33 seeds and had 20 early on. Completed 9 adventures, 5 or 6 successfully.

Also, as the game progressed the left ramp was more difficult due to flipper fade. I've ordered the cooling kits, although I'm concerned that would allow my son to put up an even higher score LOL

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The pin is set stock with the exception of starting with 0 adventures (stock is 2). Tilt bob is installed, but the pin is on hard floor so slide saves are possible and I'm sure my son used the two tilt warnings on each ball. One extra ball (can you even get more than one?). PF is set to 6.7 degrees. He finished with 33 seeds and had 20 early on. Completed 9 adventures, 5 or 6 successfully.
Also, as the game progressed the left ramp was more difficult due to flipper fade. I've ordered the cooling kits, although I'm concerned that would allow my son to put up an even higher score LOL

That was a heck of a game by your son and props doing it starting with 0 adventures (default is 4 I believe but I have mine set at 2). You can get a second extra ball after completing the Morty card.

I would love to hear a review of the cooling kits once you get them installed. The game does get harder when the flippers start fading in long games as it becomes almost impossible to backhand the right ramp and you need a near perfect shot to make the left ramp. If they work well I may end up ordering a set as well.

#8296 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You can get a second extra ball after completing the Morty card.
I would love to hear a review of the cooling kits once you get them installed.

I tested these out for PinMonk

They work well. That left ramp is really hard to hit especially when you stack MBs. It did not lose strength after the fan kit was installed. Would recommend it.

#8297 3 years ago

Just received my machine, got it set up and level, and mylar in the shooter lane. The legs look good, like a piece of paper could slide between them and the cabinet. I'm letting it warm up for a bit before switching on since it came in from outside and is still a bit cool. If all looks good when I switch it on, only other thing I'll do is put a ball drop square where it lands from launch, then get flipping! I can finally stop telling everyone I talk to that it's almost here!

#8298 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Considering all the care Spooky takes with the metal leg protectors and blanket wrapping, it's unfortunate that something as simple as legs could be defective

True. But the legs would come from a supplier, all boxed and ready to put into the pin box before shipping. Same as as Stern, JJP etc .. they all use the same leg supplier.

So not something that Spooky would even notice. Until they were shipped out.

Surprised the other pinball manufacturers haven’t been supplied some faulty legs as well.

rd

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That was a heck of a game by your son and props doing it starting with 0 adventures (default is 4 I believe but I have mine set at 2). You can get a second extra ball after completing the Morty card.
I would love to hear a review of the cooling kits once you get them installed. The game does get harder when the flippers start fading in long games as it becomes almost impossible to backhand the right ramp and you need a near perfect shot to make the left ramp. If they work well I may end up ordering a set as well.

Please tell me your son is at least an adult and not some snot nose 12/13 year old kid

My best game so far is around 32 million!
Are we just all Jerry’s???

#8300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Please tell me your son is at least an adult and not some snot nose 12/13 year old kid
My best game so far is around 32 million!
Are we just all Jerry’s???

LOL, yes he's an adult. The thing is, he has his own place, which means over the past 6 weeks since our R&M was delivered, he's only played for maybe 4 hours total. Whereas I've been playing an hour or more almost every day, and well... like you say, most of us are just Jerry's!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 300.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.