(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 404.
#8051 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I am having this exact same problem. Everything else is perfect. Frustrating when you’re in the middle of a great game. Solution?.

I updated to the latest software hoping it was fixed. If you've seen this on the latest software, I guess the bug is still lurking...

#8052 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The only annoying tweak I'd like to make is adjusting the VUK to reduce the rejections. Some folks say lower the VUK (under the PF), some folks say bend the scoop? Are you getting annoying VUK rejects?

Indeed I am. I need to adjust the scoop.

#8053 3 years ago

I added washers below mine myself as an early recipient. I believe you newer folk has them installed? I also bent my scoop top down a bit, I get few very few rejects

#8054 3 years ago

Titan pinball has has a sale today. As everyone else, I would suggest changing everything! But..... does anyone have the divinities rubber guide? The one on titan pinball is missing about 4.

I still can’t get the pop number to pop correctly. I’ve adjusted the switch so many times, but the gap always widens. Yes all the nuts are there and right.

Lastly, how loose is the fluble crank lock nut? I had to remove mine to change the post sleeves and I forgot to check before taking it off. It seems to tight won’t let the metal pole jump.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

#8055 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Lastly, how loose is the fluble crank lock nut? I had to remove mine to change the post sleeves and I forgot to check before taking it off. It seems to tight won’t let the metal pole jump.
Happy Thanksgiving all!

The Flooble crank is supposed to be tight so the post does not move at all or you may damage your playfield. The energy is transferred in the form of a high frequency vibration to the captive ball behind the wire.
--Scott

#8056 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

R&M is one hard MF'er! I've owned more than 50 pins since being in the hobby,

Send it my way when you get bored with it, Robby T!

rd

#8057 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Titan pinball has has a sale today. As everyone else, I would suggest changing everything! But..... does anyone have the divinities rubber guide? The one on titan pinball is missing about 4.
I still can’t get the pop number to pop correctly. I’ve adjusted the switch so many times, but the gap always widens. Yes all the nuts are there and right.
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Pop bumper switches are difficult to set "just right".

They have to have only a hairs breadth of space between to contacts.

In tight locations I use an ohmmeter to help adjust them.

Properly adjusted they might visually look closed, but still apart.

A firm slap the the center of the playfiled should not set them off, but the slightest deflection of the skirt should activate them.

A tiny wipe of super-lube oil (not a pool or drop) on the spoons really helps. It dries off after a bit and wont gum them up. The residue of the oil keeps them fast acting for months.

A tiny drop of this oil on the spinner shafts makes them spin forever.

#8058 3 years ago

Clean the contacts of your pop switch with a clean piece of printer paper.

#8059 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Clean the contacts of your pop switch with a clean piece of printer paper.

Answered two of my questions. I feel so special. Happy Thanksgiving. Your game is amazing. One day I hope to come across a TNA.

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Answered two of my questions. I feel so special. Happy Thanksgiving. Your game is amazing. One day I hope to come across a TNA.

You will because they are planning to make more of them. (Per Charlie at Spooky.)

I can’t wait to buy that one to!
Love RM can’t stop playing it.

#8061 3 years ago

So number 354 in the house, picked up from Mark's warehouse yesterday. Everything was in great condition, I too had been quite nervous much like razorsedge. Cabinet and Cabinet decals all looked great. Took step of adding some clear pincab protectors I had on hand to be safe. After setting everything up and doing all of the requisite checks, it was finally time to fire it up. This is where things got interesting.... I was great by the Rick and Morty splashscreen but it quickly flashed over to this warning. From a power and board point of view, nothing looks out place that I can see and not a single connector loose. I did spend much time on it as I was totally stuffed after getting the machine in place, shifting an machine etc. I will go back to it today when I get home and spend some decent time trying to nut it out. I wasn't exactly stoked but it sounds like this is par for the course for us O.S. Spooky owners who don't have a real distributor to do the Q.C. on the way through.
pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

#8062 3 years ago

Roy had too many Banquets and died choking on a turkey bone.

20201126_124748 (resized).jpg20201126_124748 (resized).jpg
#8063 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I guess I've been lucky, scoop rejects almost never happen, and about the only aspect of the game I have not touched.

#8064 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If your game is in the first hundred or so, you need to add washers under the scoop. Spooky started doing this for later games but early ones you need to do this and bend the scoop slightly down with your hand.

#8065 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

So number 354 in the house, picked up from Mark's warehouse yesterday. Everything was in great condition, I too had been quite nervous much like razorsedge. Cabinet and Cabinet decals all looked great. Took step of adding some clear pincab protectors I had on hand to be safe. After setting everything up and doing all of the requisite checks, it was finally time to fire it up. This is where things got interesting.... I was great by the Rick and Morty splashscreen but it quickly flashed over to this warning. From a power and board point of view, nothing looks out place that I can see and not a single connector loose. I did spend much time on it as I was totally stuffed after getting the machine in place, shifting an machine etc. I will go back to it today when I get home and spend some decent time trying to nut it out. I wasn't exactly stoked but it sounds like this is par for the course for us O.S. Spooky owners who don't have a real distributor to do the Q.C. on the way through.
[quoted image]

Check the power supply in the bottom of the cabinet and the connections to the boards in the back box. I've had this happen and, while I jiggled some wires, it went away on a restart. I don't know how finicky the system is or what it is looking for but I imagine there aren't a lot of things that can cause this message.

#8066 3 years ago

Hey R&M fans! Now that I have my game we can get some more mods out there. Here are a few I just posted

- Topper lighting
- Noob-Noob character placement
- Butt/Fart/Start button

Also our flipper toppers are all available and everything R&M has a discount for the next few days: TURKEYDAY

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods

TopperLighting1 (resized).jpgTopperLighting1 (resized).jpgFlipperRick-1200x800 (resized).pngFlipperRick-1200x800 (resized).pngShot (resized).jpgShot (resized).jpgAll3-1200x800 (resized).jpgAll3-1200x800 (resized).jpgSchleemTopper2-1200x800 (resized).jpgSchleemTopper2-1200x800 (resized).jpg2bb9a9b069787da697e43e4b45bdaa724ea3b4c8-1200x800 (resized).jpg2bb9a9b069787da697e43e4b45bdaa724ea3b4c8-1200x800 (resized).jpg6f62f291a569f078ea0b995c999309b57965af6b-1200x800 (resized).jpg6f62f291a569f078ea0b995c999309b57965af6b-1200x800 (resized).jpgButt-Front (resized).jpgButt-Front (resized).jpg
#8067 3 years ago

Just got my PORTAL to stand in whilst playing!

For anyone wondering, I think I got the 80cm one on AliExpress. You have to search space theme portal or something of the sort, Rick and morty didn’t bring it up

A748F366-CAD3-42A7-B30F-3F677480B08A (resized).jpegA748F366-CAD3-42A7-B30F-3F677480B08A (resized).jpeg
#8068 3 years ago

I love that line up! Fishtales and Rick and Morty.

#8069 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I love that line up! Fishtales and Rick and Morty.

Two brutal, but awesome games!

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Two brutal, but awesome games!

Both of those games will kick your ass. It just makes it that much better when you can kick their’s.

#8071 3 years ago

update your software. Last public release is 10-12-2020.
https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

Quoted from rolandthoms:

I am having this exact same problem. Everything else is perfect. Frustrating when you’re in the middle of a great game. Solution?.

#8072 3 years ago

So, OMG, seriously first game on my new portal!
Had my phone nearby and caught the ending. My best game before ever was 33+ mil. Layed a beating on this fucker. I was in a night vision dimension for like forever at the end, the entire pin pure green for quite a while.

#8073 3 years ago

Spooky cooling kits are done and in the pinside pinmonk store. They'll also be up at pinmonk.com by next week (which takes international orders). More hardware than the Spike2 version because of completely different mounting required, but still a pretty easy install and still kills flipper coil fade dead for as long as you want to play.
Spooky_Kit_Contents (resized).jpgSpooky_Kit_Contents (resized).jpg

#8074 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Check the power supply in the bottom of the cabinet and the connections to the boards in the back box. I've had this happen and, while I jiggled some wires, it went away on a restart. I don't know how finicky the system is or what it is looking for but I imagine there aren't a lot of things that can cause this message.

Yeah thanks for the tip. I went through from in the cabinet with the power supply up to the boards and didn't find anything at the time. Also restarted a few times. I'll have to spend a while later today with it and try to work out what's happening.

#8075 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spooky cooling kits are done and in the pinside pinmonk store. They'll also be up at pinmonk.com next week (which takes international orders). More hardware than the Spike2 version because of completely different mounting required, but still a pretty easy install and still kills flipper coil fade dead for as long as you want to play.
[quoted image]

What is this cooling and what is causing the flipper fade?

Of course, anything you sell I'll buy. Replacing that stupid power supply fan was a pain in the arse. The ground strap/cable length could not have been shorter if they tried. So quiet now.

#8076 3 years ago

What is this cooling and what is causing the flipper fade?

It's cooling the flipper coils. For Rick and Morty, the right one has severe fade over time if you play continuously for 40-60 minutes. On the product page, there's a Q&A and link to a website that explains electrical resistance increasing with heat on the page, too. I didn't want to junk this thread up with all of it, but here's the part you asked about:

WHAT CAUSES FLIPPER COIL FADE?
In general, with coils you're fighting the laws of thermodynamics. Energy (power) sent to the coil is converted to action and heat, and if there's not enough time between pulses to let the heat dissipate, the heat continues building, which increases electrical resistance of the coil windings, requiring more power for the same work which increases heat, in a loop. Unlike the other coils in the game, the flippers are firing all the time with few pauses of more than a few seconds, so they just build up heat, which affects their performance over time. Some games are better at building pauses into the action that gives the coils time to cool for short bursts. These fans help continuously dissipate the heat to prevent heat buildup and in turn, keep electrical resistance to the practical minimum of the device.

Here's a really easy-to-understand explanation of electrical resistance with an animated virtual online experiment to demonstrate:
https://nationalmaglab.org/education/magnet-academy/watch-play/interactive/heat-resistance

#8077 3 years ago

Honestly, I lose a lot of respect for a collection when/if I see there isn't a Fish Tales in it.

Peace Oooot!

#8078 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

There's a couple more adjustments I need to make to fix that inner loop shot. One is to align the upper flipper with the rail.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613058
And the other is to adjust the rail like troz did below, especially at the exit of the inner loop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613581
I really wanna fix this inner loop shot. The one on IMDN is so smooth, there's no reason this can't be similar to that shot, which is so satisfying to hit.

Why don’t they fix this at the factory?

#8079 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Had my phone nearby and caught the ending. My best game before ever was 33+ mil. Layed a beating on this fucker. I was in a night vision dimension for like forever at the end, the entire pin pure green for quite a while.

Lol ... and ending with a rather appropriate "Peace oot!!"

#8080 3 years ago

I would also like to order rubbers, does any one have a complete list? I would like to take advantage of the Black Friday sales. Thanks

#8081 3 years ago

I think someone uploaded a kit to Titan. Can probably work off of that.

Yep. Several :

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/byGame/5747

#8082 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Honestly, I lose a lot of respect for a collection when/if I see there isn't a Fish Tales in it.
Peace Oooot!

Ha!Ha! Nice! gotta love when someone else enjoys the the same punishment as you.

#8083 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

So number 354 in the house, picked up from Mark's warehouse yesterday. Everything was in great condition, I wasn't exactly stoked but it sounds like this is par for the course for us O.S. Spooky owners who don't have a real distributor to do the Q.C. on the way through.
[quoted image]

Mine had this message when I first received it from being shipped. Ended up being a cable pulled in the back right bottom corner of the cabinet, I guess from the harness stretching a tad tight to the head after backbox was lowered for shipping. I had looked over the entire pin and couldn’t find anything loose/wrong but upon looking again I found this one little guy unplugged and hiding from me down in there. Hope you locate it!

#8084 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I think someone uploaded a kit to Titan.

A couple of people said the list is not complete. Wasn’t sure if there was an official list or someone that replaced their rubbers and had a list. I won’t have my game for a while, so I have have no way to check. I’m a couple off of 700. It’s going to be awhile.

#8085 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Mine had this message when I first received it from being shipped. Ended up being a cable pulled in the back right bottom corner of the cabinet, I guess from the harness stretching a tad tight to the head after backbox was lowered for shipping. I had looked over the entire pin and couldn’t find anything loose/wrong but upon looking again I found this one little guy unplugged and hiding from me down in there. Hope you locate it!

I told Luke that many of the wires in my game were either cut too short or arranged in such a way with clamps/zip ties as to pull on the solder joint or the IDC punch down connectors. It's another example of the missing attention to detail. There is like 2' of extra wire in my cabinet from some harnesses and then the ground connector to the power supply is impossibly short. Some wires have nice sleeving on them and others are just loose.

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's cooling the flipper coils. For Rick and Morty, the right one has severe fade over time if you play continuously for 40-60 minutes. On the product page, there's a Q&A and link to a website that explains electrical resistance increasing with heat on the page, too. I didn't want to junk this thread up with all of it, but here's the part you asked about:

So why is this prevalent on R&M versus other games? Versus JJP games? I was wondering if the coils were going to prematurely wear as they seem like they are taxed way more on this game with the slam bumper and scoop eject. Lots of flipper use to stop the ball for more inexperienced players who aren't comfortable with a bounce.

#8086 3 years ago

So why is this prevalent on R&M versus other games? Versus JJP games? I was wondering if the coils were going to prematurely wear as they seem like they are taxed way more on this game with the slam bumper and scoop eject. Lots of flipper use to stop the ball for more inexperienced players who aren't comfortable with a bounce.

All machines have the problem to some degree with long, continuous play, including JJP, which is next up for a kit. Why are some worse than others? I don't know yet, but part of the puzzle may have to do with the coils chosen. TNA and AC/NC both have different coils than Rick and Morty and still have mild fade reaching 143F, but Rick and Morty with a different coil used is 10 degrees higher on the right flipper with severe fade. The coil kits fix the fade problem by holding every coil I've tested to less than 110F (most are around 100F) for as long as you want to play the machine. So the problem is fixed, and as I do more testing and make more kits, I hope to find a better answer to the "why."
Flipper-Coil-Testing-Chart_Spooky_11-21-20 (resized).pngFlipper-Coil-Testing-Chart_Spooky_11-21-20 (resized).png

#8087 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lol ... and ending with a rather appropriate "Peace oot!!"

Yeah, thought it was funny as it was the first time I ever recorded and that voice clip hit

#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Congrats dude!!! Similar thing happened to me tonight, crazy feeling. I had the night vision dimension too, so cool!

#8089 3 years ago

If anyone in the US has an America's Most Haunted and wants to do some coil temp testing in exchange for a free coil cooling kit, hit me up on PM.

I should be able to do Rob Zombie testing, but it's unlikely I'll have access to an AMH to finish out all the Spooky machine temp tests. Total testing time of the coils (60 mins before the kit and 60 mins after the kit) plus the installation should take about 3 hours, but doesn't have to all be done at once, just within a few days of getting the coil kit.

#8090 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All machines have the problem to some degree with long, continuous play, including JJP, which is next up for a kit. Why are some worse than others? I don't know yet, but part of the puzzle may have to do with the coils chosen. TNA and AC/NC both have different coils than Rick and Morty and still have mild fade reaching 143F, but Rick and Morty with a different coil used is 10 degrees higher on the right flipper with severe fade. The coil kits fix the fade problem by holding every coil I've tested to less than 110F (most are around 100F) for as long as you want to play the machine. So the problem is fixed, and as I do more testing and make more kits, I hope to find a better answer to the "why."
[quoted image]

Cool, thanks for the info. What about the 3rd flipper?

#8091 3 years ago

Cool, thanks for the info. What about the 3rd flipper?

I think the main fade issue on most machines is the two main flippers, so those are the kits I'm trying to get out for Spike2, Spooky, and (soon) JJP first. I've made the harness modular on purpose, so if 3/4 flipper fade becomes a thing, I can offer 3 and 4 flipper expansion kits to extend the base 2 flipper kit to the extra flippers at that point.

#8092 3 years ago

Had a go at this topper thing.

20201127_145529 (resized).jpg20201127_145529 (resized).jpg

20201127_150046 (resized).jpg20201127_150046 (resized).jpg

20201127_150156 (resized).jpg20201127_150156 (resized).jpg

20201127_165710 (resized).jpg20201127_165710 (resized).jpg

20201127_182430 (resized).jpg20201127_182430 (resized).jpg

It half worked. Took away the harshness but still loud. I guess at least now I don't really notice it over the fan and Air-Con. I tried to video for comparison, but on the recording they sound almost the same, so decieving. I assume it is because I created silence then the phone auto-level for mic kicked in to "help" lol

I might try with some background noise to see if it highlights the change.

It seems alot of noise still escapes the gearbox. I assume the mounting plate is acting like a speaker. I will probably try insulating it mechanically to see if there is any further significant improvement to be had.

#8093 3 years ago

I unboxed my game 1 week ago. The audits claim I've played 411 games and my avg score was over 6M. Bizarre...neither of these numbers could possibly be true. I would estimate I've played 100 games (max) and my avg score is ~2M. I'm running the latest release.

Unfortunately, I didn't check the audits just after unboxing. Has anyone else checked their audits for accuracy? Sometimes with unfinished code, audits aren't fully implemented. As you know, some folks look at "games played" effecting resale value, so making sure the count is accurate is important.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#8094 3 years ago

Jody may be playing game while your at work. That will explain the audits.

#8095 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I unboxed my game 1 week ago. The audits claim I've played 411 games and my avg score was over 6M. Bizarre...neither of these numbers could possibly be true. I would estimate I've played 100 games (max) and my avg score is ~2M. I'm running the latest release.
Unfortunately, I didn't check the audits just after unboxing. Has anyone else checked their audits for accuracy? Sometimes with unfinished code, audits aren't fully implemented. As you know, some folks look at "games played" effecting resale value, so making sure the count is accurate is important.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If Spooky had a 300+ game play testing, I would at least expect every single issue fixed before leaving the factory

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I think this is typical. My guess is that they are imaging the PC's and likely not clearing the audits before capturing the base image off a test machine. I don't think its anything to worry about, I would just reset the audits through the menu. Condition is really what matters when selling a game, not playcount.

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think this is typical. My guess is that they are imaging the PC's and likely not clearing the audits before capturing the base image off a test machine. I don't think its anything to worry about, I would just reset the audits through the menu. Condition is really what matters when selling a game, not playcount.

Typical? Definitely not typical on NIB Sterns (I've owned many). Not worrying...just think it's bizarre, since the idea of audits is to capture what happens on your machine. And yes, condition is what matters...no doubt.

Didn't realize you could reset the audits...thx for the tip.

#8098 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think this is typical.

Not typical

#8099 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why don’t they fix this at the factory?

I'm also wondering why all these bugs are still there as we are already half way through the builds??? No QC???

#8100 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Typical? Definitely not typical on NIB Sterns (I've owned many). Not worrying...just think it's bizarre, since the idea of audits is to capture what happens on your machine. And yes, condition is what matters...no doubt.
Didn't realize you could reset the audits...thx for the tip.

Typical on Rick and Morty I should say but not NIB Sterns. I got my game in June and it had over a hundred plays in the audits when I got the machine. I confirmed with a friend that received his game around the same time and his game was the same way. I just reset the audits through the menu so that the audits were accurate for me. It's not a big deal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
9,300 (OBO)
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/162?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.