(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 405.
#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unboxed #175 5 days ago. Game is incredibly brutal, but it's such a blast. Just nailed the left inner loop and left orbit/garage combo...so fast...amazing feel. Leveled mine @ 6.9 yesterday as recommended...was at 6.5. Shots feel pretty well dialed in from the factory. For now, not going to pursue many of the tweaks mentioned in this thread. Until I get better at the game, it's hard to be critical of the shot precision/flow!
Really basic question (don't want to lift the PF or remove the glass for the answer). Is the saucer simply on a spring, or is there a mech that pokes it to bobble/bounce? Thx.

There’s a mech on a rod that pokes it up and down

#8002 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Quality of my game has been great ! And so has support!

I think sometimes we all forget how many customers receive their game with 0 issues and never have any reason to mention it! You will also sometimes get that impression as it is not typical of us to bury issues or hide things.

#8003 3 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

If this is the first game you’re going to route a Stern is the way to go.
I’ve pulled my R&M after day one due to software issues that are still not resolved.
While I’m certain spooky will fix this it’s already been a few months with low communication.
In short the software freezes if the game is on for long periods(few hours) or in multiplayer games which makes it unusable on my location at least.
The only fix when it freezes is a reboot but of course the player looses its game which is why I can’t route it yet.
I haven’t turned the game on in over a month since I’m so disappointed and I love the theme, love spooky and what they created but yeah...

Thank you for your honest input!

Its not going on location until March or April.

Im hopeful that software resets and code issues will be resolved good enough for location play.
I can bulletproof the hardware or harden it easily enough.

It would be great if I could share this game with the local community and not just add it to my collection to collect dust.

I hope to start a thread on its life at an arcade and document my findings.

#8004 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think sometimes we all forget how many customers receive their game with 0 issues and never have any reason to mention it! You will also sometimes get that impression as it is not typical of us to bury issues or hide things.

So true Luke, so true.

It's merely coincidental that I logged in this morning to report that #280 is alive and well. I managed to pick it up at the freight terminal Monday night so I even beat the snow we got yesterday.

In terms of things needing my immediate attn after unboxing, there were none. I did check, to be proactive, but nope no loose wires or anything else, the game fired right up.

Thanks to the folks ahead of me I made a point to dial down the sub and adjust the settings on the display. Easy peasy. Code is solid too.

Now all I have to do is PLAY BETTER.

#8005 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Im depending on you guys! Ill need all the help I can get lol.

#8006 3 years ago

I have had zero resets with the game on 24/7 for three days now and alot of plays.

I did the right ball guide and garage ball guide change from ie pinball and doc. The garage shot is alot easier to hit now. This is not a necessity thou

Warning this game is very addicting and due to its quick nature it takes alot of will power to stop the just one more play

#8007 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Boatloads of smart TV's use Linux and they don't lockup.

It's all about the kernel, baby. Also, SMART TVs in general have a much larger development staff than pinball. I'm just pointing out that these lockup problems happened with the move to linux by the three largest pin manufacturers, and on JJP were specifically tied to a specific kernel update.

#8008 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's all about the kernel, baby. Also, SMART TVs in general have a much larger development staff than pinball. I'm just pointing out that these lockup problems happened with the move to linux by the three largest pin manufacturers, and on JJP were specifically tied to a specific kernel update.

I hear you. I just thought it was odd to blame pinball lockups on a kernel. What next? Blame GCC and clang? (both of which I've done considerable work on

#8009 3 years ago

I just had my best game (28M) and as luck with have it, the software flaked out during the game. When starting an adventure, the screen was blank/purple and the audio was silent. After 10 seconds or so, the adventure would start and audio came back. The adventure was playable, but the audio/video was hit/miss. When the game ended, same thing...rather than see the cool match sequence, the screen was blank/purple with no audio/explosion. Game didn't freeze/crash, but it was clearly very confused. Rebooting the machine brought the game back to normal...

Has anyone else seen this behavior/bug? Does Spooky have a bug submission process? I believe I'm running the latest build (2020.08.26).

#8010 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just had my best game (28M) and as luck with have it, the software flaked out during the game. When starting an adventure, the screen was blank/purple and the audio was silent. After 10 seconds or so, the adventure would start and audio came back. The adventure was playable, but the audio/video was hit/miss. When the game ended, same thing...rather than see the cool match sequence, the screen was blank/purple with no audio/explosion. Game didn't freeze/crash, but it was clearly very confused. Rebooting the machine brought the game back to normal...
Has anyone else seen this behavior/bug? Does Spooky have a bug submission process? I believe I'm running the latest build (2020.08.26).

Grab the files from the game (plug in a usb like during an update) and then just email them along to the [email protected] address with some info on the issue. They'll handle it from there.

#8011 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think you want the October 12 build? Isnt that the freshest/solid one? going by memory here

#8012 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thank you for your honest input!
Its not going on location until March or April.
Im hopeful that software resets and code issues will be resolved good enough for location play.
I can bulletproof the hardware or harden it easily enough.
It would be great if I could share this game with the local community and not just add it to my collection to collect dust.
I hope to start a thread on its life at an arcade and document my findings.

What I did when we were having problems with JJP WoZ in the lockup period before I changed out the motherboard to escape the chipset that caused the problem with the linux kernel was put the pin on a WEMO remote outlet that I could turn on and off remotely with my phone. Then I could set an "off" schedule for the pin so it turned off when the place closed and turn it on in the morning automatically. I could also access the remote security camera and see if the pin had locked and reboot it remotely by turning the WEMO off, waiting a minute, then turn it back on. Worked reasonably well and cost less than $100 for the camera and the internet-connected power outlet.

#8013 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I think you want the October 12 build? Isnt that the freshest/solid one? going by memory here

The following link doesn't have any October build...am I looking in the wrong place?

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#8014 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

And also... it's worth it The game is a huge hit in the house. Haven't had the kids so interested in a game in a long time.

#8015 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The following link doesn't have any October build...am I looking in the wrong place?
https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

The link is in a weird place, took me a while to find it when I looked originally. The spooky site needs a bit of help. For some reason many of their assets and stuff live on different sites.

https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

#8016 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The link is in a weird place, took me a while to find it when I looked originally. The spooky site needs a bit of help. For some reason many of their assets and stuff live on different sites.
https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

Thanks! My first Spooky game, so just getting oriented. Much appreciated.

#8017 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sound like a switch matrix issue to me. Put the game into switch test and activate the switches in question to confirm. Check for loose connectors under the playfield or in the backbox.

I went into test mode and confirmed that the right two outlane switches ("A" and "M" switches), the shooter lane switch and the slingshot switch do not activate. I traced the wiring to the connector on the board mounted under the playfield closest to the start button (when the playfield is lowered.) I made sure all connections were tight on the board (and everywhere else for that matter, including the back box). So... not sure what the fix is for this. Could the board be the issue? Again, all help/suggestions are appreciated.

#8018 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What I did when we were having problems with JJP WoZ in the lockup period before I changed out the motherboard to escape the chipset that caused the problem with the linux kernel was put the pin on a WEMO remote outlet that I could turn on and off remotely with my phone. Then I could set an "off" schedule for the pin so it turned off when the place closed and turn it on in the morning automatically. I could also access the remote security camera and see if the pin had locked and reboot it remotely by turning the WEMO off, waiting a minute, then turn it back on. Worked reasonably well and cost less than $100 for the camera and the internet-connected power outlet.

That is an excellent idea!

Looks like a few manual reboots during the day until its sorted out.

My plan is to run it 24/7 in my shop for testing until it goes on route.

#8019 3 years ago

That is an excellent idea!
Looks like a few manual reboots during the day until its sorted out.
My plan is to run it 24/7 in my shop for testing until it goes on route.

The security cameras are great for general peace of mind and the fact that you sometimes get funny stuff like AfMr's attract mode martian topper moving and yelling, scaring kids when they hit the flipper button (and other crazier stuff).

2019-05-13_17-55-10_Oleerys AfM scares kid.gif2019-05-13_17-55-10_Oleerys AfM scares kid.gif
#8020 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I went into test mode and confirmed that the right two outlane switches ("A" and "M" switches), the shooter lane switch and the slingshot switch do not activate. I traced the wiring to the connector on the board mounted under the playfield closest to the start button (when the playfield is lowered.) I made sure all connections were tight on the board (and everywhere else for that matter, including the back box). So... not sure what the fix is for this. Could the board be the issue? Again, all help/suggestions are appreciated.

Are there Schematics out yet for this game?

#8021 3 years ago

Are there Schematics out yet for this game?

No manual yet. However, the system is Multimorphic's PROC so you can get an idea for the hardware from their documentation. Otherwise you can trace the wires, it's not an extremely complex setup. I wish there were a manual for my original troubleshooting but after a bit of time studying the layout it makes a good amount of sense. If it were your first game I'd be more worried.

*Edit, I say this because with JJP, for example, you have a lot less opportunity to troubleshoot without a schematic. Their systems are proprietary and, especially in the earlier games, were hard to follow and diagnose and especially for the original lighting boards. Spooky just uses generic MM LED boards which are not only generic to PROC but also just RGB LEDs.

#8022 3 years ago

I notice that sometimes the inner-orbit doesn't register, which switch would this be? I'm guessing it's the combo of two switches?

The spinner registers, but if there is a shot like the multiplier on skill shot or to collect a megaseed, sometimes it doesn't collect.

#8023 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I notice that sometimes the inner-orbit doesn't register, which switch would this be? I'm guessing it's the combo of two switches?
The spinner registers, but if there is a shot like the multiplier on skill shot or to collect a megaseed, sometimes it doesn't collect.

I’ve noticed this also, but assumed it was buggy code.

#8024 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from kermit24:

I’ve noticed this also, but assumed it was buggy code.

same

#8025 3 years ago

Too funny. I just realized that while I'm ripping the spinner almost at will, I'm not getting what's lit. Had extra ball lit for the first time. Hit loop 3 times.

I believe I've seen a post or 2 some time ago about the need to adjust the switch that's right after the spinner. Maybe loosen the switch and actually move it a little and tighten back up? I don't think it's in the key posts.

#8026 3 years ago

Im comitted to routing my game in the spring.
I reading about some sporadic odd behaviors and taking notes.
Is this game robust enough to go on route?
Any advice from operators is much appreciated.
Since its P3-roc Im thinking of supplying a variac for stability.

Two weeks ago I started a temporary pinball parlor in the band room at one of my bars since we're not having bands and nobody had been hanging out in that room this year. R&M is pulling more quarters than the other 6 machines, eyeballing/lifting the coin box I'd say its got $150-200 in it, I just haven't run the audits or counted because I plan to do that first of the month. It's among Tron, Guardians, Star Wars, Aerosmith, Deadpool & Monster Bash SE, so its in good company and still pulling the most.
It's locked up once over these two weeks and its on 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week. So thats once more than any of the other pins, but not bad when you compare it to two other games in which balls got stuck and stopped play for X amount of time. It was a simple recycle of power and it was fine again, thats actually easier than pulling glass to get a stuck ball and any mgr can handle that without knowing their way around pulling glass.
The coin mechs that came with it have worked great.
The clear rubbers get beaten up especially on the posts so just be sure to have another set on hand.
Monday night I went down planning to finally just play it for a couple hours with two of my managers who were off duty and the first game my buddy was on a 13mil run and the car/ship plastic broke. My other mgr's jaw dropped and he looked at me and said Holy $hit why are you not freaking out right now!? I told him I had already picked up a replacement plastic from Pinball Life sitting inside the coin door cause I had kept up with the threads and knew this was probably inevitable! Luckily I was only on beer two - under my 3 beer limit to pulling the glass off(: so I changed out the part and we got back to playing and having a blast!

Note that even though it looks like 4 screws that should take 4-5 mins it took me more like 45 mins. I slowly realized I had to take the whole plastic section off under the car/ship to be able to undo the lock nuts for the broken part, then that required pulling the right ramp to get to a nut, then realized there was one more nut hidden under the house, then unscrewed the right side of the house...as this went on my buddy commented on how Spooky must've known it would take more work to get to this part and thats why they printed all the tools on that plastic piece under the car/ship hahaha(: Also I didn't have to pull the left ramp or left side of the house, if you have a 90 degree needle nose you can just unscrew the right side of the house and hold it up an inch while you slowly work that hidden nut off. I read at some point in the threads to not completely tighten the two locknuts on the "hinge" side of the new piece, so I left those two a little loose to create less pressure on the side thats prone to break. I'm sure it can be changed out quicker but when you're just figuring it out for the first time and sipping on a beer better to go slow.

Everyone is talking about R&M and bartenders at other bars have seen it on our social media and are also coming to check it out and its definitely a hit! We're 21 and up so profanity is 100%, I extend ball saves as long as I can and increase muiltiball times & charge .50c/game, so everyone has the best chance to have fun. But really Rick does the greatest job keeping people coming back cause the worse somebody plays the harsher he is and the more they laugh and put more quarters in!
Anyway thats my experience so far of having it out in public the last two wks if that helps any.

#8027 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

scaring kids when they hit the flipper button (and other crazier stuff).

What type of other crazier stuff??

#8028 3 years ago

Just walked by Eric’s office and saw this sign on his door.

26994754-2896-46BD-8D5D-93FE41F0C56A (resized).jpeg26994754-2896-46BD-8D5D-93FE41F0C56A (resized).jpeg

Don’t worry Eric... you still have have some pinsiders that love what you do.

It’s been 2 weeks since I got my RM and I’ve put 330 games on it so far. Running latest code and no freeze ups or issues.

#8029 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Two weeks ago I started a temporary pinball parlor in the band room at one of my bars since we're not having bands and nobody had been hanging out in that room this year. R&M is pulling more quarters than the other 6 machines, eyeballing/lifting the coin box I'd say its got $150-200 in it, I just haven't run the audits or counted because I plan to do that first of the month. It's among Tron, Guardians, Star Wars, Aerosmith, Deadpool & Monster Bash SE, so its in good company and still pulling the most.
It's locked up once over these two weeks and its on 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week. So thats once more than any of the other pins, but not bad when you compare it to two other games in which balls got stuck and stopped play for X amount of time. It was a simple recycle of power and it was fine again, thats actually easier than pulling glass to get a stuck ball and any mgr can handle that without knowing their way around pulling glass.
The coin mechs that came with it have worked great.
The clear rubbers get beaten up especially on the posts so just be sure to have another set on hand.
Monday night I went down planning to finally just play it for a couple hours with two of my managers who were off duty and the first game my buddy was on a 13mil run and the car/ship plastic broke. My other mgr's jaw dropped and he looked at me and said Holy $hit why are you not freaking out right now!? I told him I had already picked up a replacement plastic from Pinball Life sitting inside the coin door cause I had kept up with the threads and knew this was probably inevitable! Luckily I was only on beer two - under my 3 beer limit to pulling the glass off(: so I changed out the part and we got back to playing and having a blast!
Note that even though it looks like 4 screws that should take 4-5 mins it took me more like 45 mins. I slowly realized I had to take the whole plastic section off under the car/ship to be able to undo the lock nuts for the broken part, then that required pulling the right ramp to get to a nut, then realized there was one more nut hidden under the house, then unscrewed the right side of the house...as this went on my buddy commented on how Spooky must've known it would take more work to get to this part and thats why they printed all the tools on that plastic piece under the car/ship hahaha(: Also I didn't have to pull the left ramp or left side of the house, if you have a 90 degree needle nose you can just unscrew the right side of the house and hold it up an inch while you slowly work that hidden nut off. I read at some point in the threads to not completely tighten the two locknuts on the "hinge" side of the new piece, so I left those two a little loose to create less pressure on the side thats prone to break. I'm sure it can be changed out quicker but when you're just figuring it out for the first time and sipping on a beer better to go slow.
Everyone is talking about R&M and bartenders at other bars have seen it on our social media and are also coming to check it out and its definitely a hit! We're 21 and up so profanity is 100%, I extend ball saves as long as I can and increase muiltiball times & charge .50c/game, so everyone has the best chance to have fun. But really Rick does the greatest job keeping people coming back cause the worse somebody plays the harsher he is and the more they laugh and put more quarters in!
Anyway thats my experience so far of having it out in public the last two wks if that helps any.

Great write up!

This information is GOLD for me.

Im thinking of disabling the ship solenoid for location play until there is a durable solution for the breaking plastic.

Ill take a look at it coming up, and see if I can fab up a replacement part out of thin spring steel.

Thank you so much for your insight and comments.

I know that this game will out perform any of the new offerings out there on location.

Spooky seems like they are interested in having a workable robust game for a location environment.

Time will tell.

The problem is getting a location that isnt closed due to covid! lol.

#8030 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

What type of other crazier stuff??

That particular location was a bar where some of the patrons got a bit randy in the early AM. Clothes on, but very grabby, usually while the woman was trying to play pinball.

#8031 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That particular location was a bar where some of the patrons got a bit randy in the early AM. Clothes on, but very grabby, usually while the woman was trying to play pinball.

I had a feeling it might be something along those lines

#8032 3 years ago

​Been trying to get time to do a comprehensive post about my past week, but I'll have to now just post briefly as a summary and go to the depth as time permits.

Saturday evening 'Bills Big Arse Pinball Van" rolled in the driveway bringing my Rick and Morty home! . I'd spent more than a week preparing myself to find a bunch of splinters or something after some of the horror stories some owners have, so it actually came as some kind of pleasant shock to discover RaM #500 was almost completely unscathed!.

My topper hub had a crack at the locking screw, which I super glued and good as new. That is it really.

So essentially no container damage. I inspected the cabinet thoroughly for rigidity or any signs of movement/weakness. There was one excessive gap, but rigid and seems more like assembly alignment. It's appears to be solid though, and on the back under a leg. I emailed Kayte a few days back to report the good news about the safe status of the delivery, and the note about the legs. Just waiting a response. They must be busy too with some stuff I'd say.

20201121_195005 (resized).jpg20201121_195005 (resized).jpg

20201121_195535 (resized).jpg20201121_195535 (resized).jpg

20201121_195617 (resized).jpg20201121_195617 (resized).jpg

20201121_195954 (resized).jpg20201121_195954 (resized).jpg

20201121_202045 (resized).jpg20201121_202045 (resized).jpg

We set the game up, all went smoothly except the legs. I definitely have the leg issue all round. I put my new Sys11 legs on there instead, no problems with clearance to the cabinet decals. Only actual decal issue I found was the top bolt of the coin door a little too tight, bubbled the decal out, but I got that sorted.

20201121_205301 (resized).jpg20201121_205301 (resized).jpg

20201121_213514 (resized).jpg20201121_213514 (resized).jpg

20201121_215534 (resized).jpg20201121_215534 (resized).jpg

20201122_121531 (resized).jpg20201122_121531 (resized).jpg

20201122_225456 (resized).jpg20201122_225456 (resized).jpg

20201122_024239 (resized).jpg20201122_024239 (resized).jpg

20201122_110831 (resized).jpg20201122_110831 (resized).jpg

Checked voltages on power supply, coils was correct, but PC supply needed switching over from 115v.

Thanks for the detailed heads up Mark and Chris!!

We played the first 4 player game as 2 more players showed up. Realising it was Family mode, stopped to correct that when completed. Played okay out of the box. But, flipper EOS adjustment meant poor flipper performance. Stand up targets all worked, but only when you pushed them very hard, so I adjusted most of those too because they would rarely register. 15 minutes. Then we played for 4 hours and it was Awesome!! .... but there were some frustrating rattle and shot issues going on up in the back, that needed correcting before I could be satisfied. I regret not taking more gameplay footage prior to the tweaks/fixes and fitting the playfield protector, I'll try to find some later.

So after tidying up (straightening/bending/moving) a few ball guides and the diverter, and fitting the playfield protector.... man it plays so much Better, most snags gone. I do need to go back and revise one or two minor aspects, but most of the tweaking has had the desired effect... even better than I hoped perhaps. Good shot to the right orbit now sometimes clears the portal completely somehow and comes back out of the left garage shot, I seen what's going on there. I have also reduced many of the coil powers quite a bit, except the diverter which I gave a little extra as the ball was deflecting it a little sometimes. The extra couple of steps in power stopped that it seems. After the PF protector installation and guide tweaks I had 5 screws that did not go back into ball guides.

The playfield protector fitted okay, but I did need to trim a couple of places. They need to be fitted flush flat with no foul or lift, anywhere, or they Suck. Took the extra time to check closely more than once over and glad I did. Made sure to document it, will let "playfield-protectors :com" know about the production fit and send them the images. Layout slight alterations are evident, but nothing that stops it being fully functioning. I will post details and my pics about all this somewhere soon.

I also updated to the October code, we did find some bugs Saturday night on May, prior to applying the newest public code. The additional content was very noticeable compared to the May code that we played with for 4 hours Saturday. Tuesday night we played for 5 hours with the PF tweaks and protector and new code. Amazing!!!! ... playfield tweaks made such a massive difference, but if I didn't do it I probably would never have been too fussed, more rattles and rejected shots the game is still great, but tougher, and punishing. Grueling. Getting rid of the foul ups in the diverter and spinner orbits, as well as the garage right orbit path ... well it allows more Flowmobius!!! .... and it is Extra fun and satisfying. You NEED those pat on your back callouts in this game! LOL

Tweaked or not the game is still awesome! . ... and it did in fact work and play acceptably straight out of the box (after some general basic switch adjustments to taste and code update). Generally seemed there was really less essential tweaking than I am used to doing with a new in box game to make it "fully working" (only switch adjustments were needed really), but what ever extra bits I did do made a pretty big difference. No real disappointments. Way to go Spooky!

Spooky family... Emery's, Scott, Eric, Bunyip, Bowen, all ... I like what you got!. Good Job!! ... This layout, the shots, the code, the integration and callouts!... the whole game is so friken Awesome!!! :3...

... I still have a few bits I'd like to do, such as add an enclosure like the one in TNA. Some other stuff too.

A couple of amateur videos showing gameplay, sorry about the washed out display, next step! .... adjust display!! . At least should give a good comparison, to see how much better it can be (is).

My bro in law stopped by, from interstate, Qld! ... he says he never plays pinball.... never heard of Rick and Morty. Here is his first ball... interesting Lol

... I rekon he's Lying! ... See that live catch!!? ... and all them Garage shots!..... Pinball Shark!​

20201122_084331 (resized).jpg20201122_084331 (resized).jpg

These two nearly fit for the location, a bit more time in the workshop for "testing" and refinement though I think! . nudge

#8033 3 years ago

COol post, and, wow, #500, that was a leap in production number I know they are not linear, but still it seems the mainly are making them linear.

#8034 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

... sorry about the washed out display, next step! .... adjust display!! . At least should give a good comparison, to see how much better it can be ...

Casual gameplay, at least can see the screen somtimes now. About 6'10" canera height.

#8035 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Casual gameplay, at least can see the screen somtimes now. About 6'10" canera height.

Your inner loop reacts the same way that mine does. I could rip it clean and the ball will easily travel quickly to the tip top, and then 50-50 it'll fall to the right completing the loop, or the left side coming back the way it entered.

I don't know why it's behaving this way and I don't know the fix for it...

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

​Been trying to get time to do a comprehensive post about my past week, but I'll have to now just post briefly as a summary and go to the depth as time permits.
Saturday evening 'Bills Big Arse Pinball Van" rolled in the driveway bringing my Rick and Morty home! . I'd spent more than a week preparing myself to find a bunch of splinters or something after some of the horror stories some owners have, so it actually came as some kind of pleasant shock to discover RaM #500 was almost completely unscathed!.
My topper hub had a crack at the locking screw, which I super glued and good as new. That is it really.
So essentially no container damage. I inspected the cabinet thoroughly for rigidity or any signs of movement/weakness. There was one excessive gap, but rigid and seems more like assembly alignment. It's appears to be solid though, and on the back under a leg. I emailed Kayte a few days back to report the good news about the safe status of the delivery, and the note about the legs. Just waiting a response. They must be busy too with some stuff I'd say.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

We set the game up, all went smoothly except the legs. I definitely have the leg issue all round. I put my new Sys11 legs on there instead, no problems with clearance to the cabinet decals. Only actual decal issue I found was the top bolt of the coin door a little too tight, bubbled the decal out, but I got that sorted.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Checked voltages on power supply, coils was correct, but PC supply needed switching over from 115v.
Thanks for the detailed heads up Mark and Chris!!
We played the first 4 player game as 2 more players showed up. Realising it was Family mode, stopped to correct that when completed. Played okay out of the box. But, flipper EOS adjustment meant poor flipper performance. Stand up targets all worked, but only when you pushed them very hard, so I adjusted most of those too because they would rarely register. 15 minutes. Then we played for 4 hours and it was Awesome!! .... but there were some frustrating rattle and shot issues going on up in the back, that needed correcting before I could be satisfied. I regret not taking more gameplay footage prior to the tweaks/fixes and fitting the playfield protector, I'll try to find some later.
So after tidying up (straightening/bending/moving) a few ball guides and the diverter, and fitting the playfield protector.... man it plays so much Better, most snags gone. I do need to go back and revise one or two minor aspects, but most of the tweaking has had the desired effect... even better than I hoped perhaps. Good shot to the right orbit now sometimes clears the portal completely somehow and comes back out of the left garage shot, I seen what's going on there. I have also reduced many of the coil powers quite a bit, except the diverter which I gave a little extra as the ball was deflecting it a little sometimes. The extra couple of steps in power stopped that it seems. After the PF protector installation and guide tweaks I had 5 screws that did not go back into ball guides.
The playfield protector fitted okay, but I did need to trim a couple of places. They need to be fitted flush flat with no foul or lift, anywhere, or they Suck. Took the extra time to check closely more than once over and glad I did. Made sure to document it, will let "playfield-protectors :com" know about the production fit and send them the images. Layout slight alterations are evident, but nothing that stops it being fully functioning. I will post details and my pics about all this somewhere soon.
I also updated to the October code, we did find some bugs Saturday night on May, prior to applying the newest public code. The additional content was very noticeable compared to the May code that we played with for 4 hours Saturday. Tuesday night we played for 5 hours with the PF tweaks and protector and new code. Amazing!!!! ... playfield tweaks made such a massive difference, but if I didn't do it I probably would never have been too fussed, more rattles and rejected shots the game is still great, but tougher, and punishing. Grueling. Getting rid of the foul ups in the diverter and spinner orbits, as well as the garage right orbit path ... well it allows more Flowmobius!!! .... and it is Extra fun and satisfying. You NEED those pat on your back callouts in this game! LOL
Tweaked or not the game is still awesome! . ... and it did in fact work and play acceptably straight out of the box (after some general basic switch adjustments to taste and code update). Generally seemed there was really less essential tweaking than I am used to doing with a new in box game to make it "fully working" (only switch adjustments were needed really), but what ever extra bits I did do made a pretty big difference. No real disappointments. Way to go Spooky!
Spooky ... Scott, Eric, Bunyip, all ... I like what you got!. Good Job!! ... This layout, the shots, the code, the integration and callouts!... the whole game is so friken Awesome!!! :3...
... I still have a few bits I'd like to do, such as add an enclosure like the one in TNA. Some other stuff too.
A couple of amateur videos showing gameplay, sorry about the washed out display, next step! .... adjust display!! . At least should give a good comparison, to see how much better it can be (is).

My bro in law stopped by, from interstate, Qld! ... he says he never plays pinball.... never heard of Rick and Morty. Here is his first ball... interesting Lol

... I rekon he's Lying! ... See that live catch!!? ... and all them Garage shots!..... Pinball Shark!​
[quoted image]
These two nearly fit for the location, a bit more time in the workshop for "testing" and refinement though I think! . nudge

Nice post, thanks for sharing.
Still remember the feeling after 3 months.

#8037 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Your inner loop reacts the same way that mine does. I could rip it clean and the ball will easily travel quickly to the tip top, and then 50-50 it'll fall to the right completing the loop, or the left side coming back the way it entered.

I have got Alot of pictures. I will filter through them and put together a few posts. The Good, the Rick, and the Jerry! ... I'll spill everything! Lol

I've gotta say over all I'm pretty happy with my Rick and Morty. Yeah there are one or two bits that could be better, and that's why I'll share them... can't tend to some thing you don't know about really. It worked well enough out of the box, and if you could adjust switches and update code, machine was good to go. Is it anything to do with Lucas inspecting both my TNA and RaM that they both have been good to go out of the box or is it coincidence? Lol .

Anyway what came out of my box here is certainly an achievement, and I say congratulations there to the whole crew there at Spooky!!

Cheers!!

#8038 3 years ago

Yeah I kinda caused that, not what it seems. Need the slight refinment. It goes great at most paces, but still I have an aspect to reconsider. It is better than it was.

#8039 3 years ago

Another game ...

...and this ...

20201124_003545 (resized).jpg20201124_003545 (resized).jpg

20201124_003559 (resized).jpg20201124_003559 (resized).jpg

These two suckers were Tight as and I loosened them both off a good couple of turns. This looks to do a great job of taking away the concentrated stress point, and also can explain possibly the variability between reliability some people are having. 200 games or so in now it is going fine.

#8040 3 years ago

There's a couple more adjustments I need to make to fix that inner loop shot. One is to align the upper flipper with the rail.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613058

And the other is to adjust the rail like iepinball did below, especially at the exit of the inner loop:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613581

I really wanna fix this inner loop shot. The one on IMDN is so smooth, there's no reason this can't be similar to that shot, which is so satisfying to hit.

#8041 3 years ago

There's a couple more adjustments I need to make to fix that inner loop shot. One is to align the upper flipper with the rail.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613058
And the other is to adjust the rail like troz did below, especially at the exit of the inner loop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613581
I really wanna fix this inner loop shot. The one on IMDN is so smooth, there's no reason this can't be similar to that shot, which is so satisfying to hit.

Agreed. Also I have a bit of stuff to put together and post, last phases to go...

Loved how my mate was examining the instant info during Roy, and started getting berated by the narrator for wasting his time Pmsl

#8042 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Wow.... those went quick. Currently, I am out of the blue crystal mod. I have enough parts to make one last batch of 10. It will probably take me a week to build them. If anyone is interested in getting on the list, please send me a PM. Thanks for all the support!

What was this mod? I missed the post and don’t see it now.

#8043 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Every time I click on this thread I'm hoping for a code update with new adventures...

Have they said there would be additionally adventures at some juncture? Do we know the target total they are looking to have? Thanks!

#8044 3 years ago

In an interview it was noted that there will be more adventures coming and some are in the code awaiting to be activated. (Possibly awaiting approval from adult swim) I forget which interview maybe someone can link it.

#8046 3 years ago

I've had my R&M for about a week and half now. A few initial thoughts:

R&M is one hard MF'er! I've owned more than 50 pins since being in the hobby, and I'm convinced that this is the hardest I've had in terms of keeping the ball in play. There is a certain amount of frustration, and the first few days I really wasn't sure how I felt about the pin. But one thing that I noticed was that I kept thinking about the pin while at work...looking forward to getting back home to try and show R&M who's the boss!

I added a EHOH to the lineup a week after R&M. I am really enjoying that pin a lot! But...R&M is the pin that I think about more, and miss more, when I am not at home, if that makes sense? There is just something really unique about R&M, not only in terms of the theme and the fantastic integration of it, and the artwork (it's definitely one of the best looking pins I have ever owned...again, very unique in terms of art, color, lighting etc.)...but the layout and the rules. I love the integration of adventures and stacking with different dimensions.

R&M just has the "it" factor. It's more than the sum of its parts. You can't point to any one thing about this pin that makes it so damn addicting. The entire package just comes together to make it an extremely compelling and unique experience.

Now excuse me while I go play some R&M and try to get an EB, just so I can hear Rick yell "Extra ball, motherfucker!"

#8047 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

R&M is one hard MF'er! I've owned more than 50 pins since being in the hobby, and I'm convinced that this is the hardest I've had in terms of keeping the ball in play.

R&M just has the "it" factor. It's more than the sum of its parts. You can't point to any one thing about this pin that makes it so damn addicting. The entire package just comes together to make it an extremely compelling and unique experience.

Couldn't agree more. I thought AIQ was tough! R&M much tougher...

The VUK is so fast, the horse shoe is fun but brutal, love the pop sling, love the feel of the flippers. The only annoying tweak I'd like to make is adjusting the VUK to reduce the rejections. Some folks say lower the VUK (under the PF), some folks say bend the scoop? Are you getting annoying VUK rejects?

#8049 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I am having this exact same problem. Everything else is perfect. Frustrating when you’re in the middle of a great game. Solution?.

#8050 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more. I thought AIQ was tough! R&M much tougher...
The VUK is so fast, the horse shoe is fun but brutal, love the pop sling, love the feel of the flippers. The only annoying tweak I'd like to make is adjusting the VUK to reduce the rejections. Some folks say lower the VUK (under the PF), some folks say bend the scoop? Are you getting annoying VUK rejects?

I’ve found bending the hood helps, but NOT just bending it down... almost pull it forward so it lowers as it elongates the curve toward the player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/161?hl=nysbadmk8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.