(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 405.
#7901 3 years ago

Can we get the ball search logic sped up? Excruciatingly slow at the moment.

epthegeek ?

#7902 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is Rick and Morty (the show) extreme enough to have pedo dimension with Michael Jackson, Prince Andrew, Roman Polanski, R Kelly, etc alt-versions all roaming around proclaiming their innocence?

wow.....

#7903 3 years ago

This game appears to be for sale if anyone is interested... Facebook post...

IMG-20201120-WA0007 (resized).jpgIMG-20201120-WA0007 (resized).jpg
#7904 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

[quoted image]

That’s a funny ad.

#7905 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Oh he must’ve gotten one of Spooky’s worst machines.... you know, the ones with a bad coin door lock.

#7906 3 years ago

I also found one for sale in Germany... not too far from me... 11,500euro... that's $13,600... not sure what the going rate is for this game, but it seems a bit pricy to me... it does have all the extras though, including the butter cab...

#7907 3 years ago

[quoted image]

The game isnt for everyone, in fact no game is really...

That said, since I might not be able to route my NIB game due to covid-19, Im thinking of selling it.

#7908 3 years ago

I also found one for sale in Germany... not too far from me... 11,500euro... that's $13,600... not sure what the going rate is for this game, but it seems a bit pricy to me... it does have all the extras though, including the butter cab...

No game is really worth $13K R&M is worth $7-10K anything more is crazy when you can buy 2 games such as Stern pro + Stern premium, you can get AFM and MB remakes for $13K.

#7909 3 years ago

You are wrong dude, he has also not the purple coindoor, nevertheless the price is not to high.
In the moment there are only about 15-20 machines in europe and a few more in great britain.
And from now you have to pay 25% more penalty-tax for US goods in the EU.
So you calculate by yourself what the price of the next R&M machines will be.

#7910 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No game is really worth $13K R&M is worth $7-10K anything more is crazy when you can buy 2 games such as Stern pro + Stern premium, you can get AFM and MB remakes for $13K.

...easy to say, if you are living in a pinball wonderland.
The machines are way more expensive in europe even if the Dollar is weak in the moment.
But of course you are also right. The prices have risen in the last 10 years, unfortunately not in favor of quality,
and we the pinheads have not stopped buying.

#7911 3 years ago

Anyone know where to tap into 12volt for mods on r&m

#7912 3 years ago

Spent this afternoon solving my R&M audio issues. Solution cost $10 I purchased this spacer from Amazon and bought 4 2" screws to accommodate the spacer/cabinet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013NWD0S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

Installation is a little tedious, here are some highlights:

- The speaker grill is stapled with 32 small staples! Removing them was a PITA
- Needed to move the shaker board over to accommodate the spacer. Simple.
- Decided to move the amp and fasten it to the wood divider with velcro (the amp is ultra light). Might come up with a better solution later. Having easy access to the amp controls from the coin door made a HUGE difference, since I could fiddle with the sound while the game was playing. I realize my location interferes with the coin box cover, but it doesn't matter since it's in my home, not an arcade.
- Dealing with the nuts below the cabinet was a PITA. They kept popping out if the screw wasn't spot-on, which is tough since the spacer holes are 3/4". On a couple, I simple used a washer and hex lock nut. It's rock solid which is all that matters...will likely clean it up later.

R&M went from sounding like a huge fart/turd to sounding awesome (and I don't have anti-rattle tape installed!). The components they use are really nice, however it's clear the speaker/amp combination REQUIRE a spacer like this. Again, now my game isn't convulsing/rattling and I don't have anti-rattle tape! I will likely still install anti-rattle tape to better secure the glass, but it's no longer a bandaid to the audio booming. Glass rattling is now rare, as it should be

Hope this helps!

IMG_2723 (resized).jpegIMG_2723 (resized).jpegIMG_2726 (resized).jpegIMG_2726 (resized).jpegIMG_2730 (resized).jpegIMG_2730 (resized).jpegIMG_2732 (resized).jpegIMG_2732 (resized).jpeg

#7913 3 years ago

Why didn’t you staple or screw through the screen to put it back on?

#7914 3 years ago

Anyone who tests the betas see any lately? Wondering when a new code update will be? No rush, just curious.

#7915 3 years ago

Last Beta was 10 days ago, when there's a gap it usually means they're waiting for something to be approved.

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Last Beta was 10 days ago, when there's a gap it usually means they're waiting for something to be approved.

Well then I definitely can wait!

#7917 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Why didn’t you staple or screw through the screen to put it back on?

Because I wanted the MDF ring to be tight against the cabinet. The screen doesn't provide much protection (cloth, not metal) and it removes a variable that *could* contribute to rattling.

#7918 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

No wonder it's flying off the shelf

#7919 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It’s very cool! Hides the little spring under the ship.
[quoted image]

Cool, thanks!

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Because I wanted the MDF ring to be tight against the cabinet. The screen doesn't provide much protection (cloth, not metal) and it removes a variable that *could* contribute to rattling.

True. Just curious. I’d always be paranoid my 2 year old would poke it, just because it’s exactly what he shouldn’t be doing.

#7921 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You are wrong dude, he has also not the purple coindoor,

Sorry, you're right... it also DOESN'T have the butter cab... confused now where I got that info from... my mistake...

Yes, that 25% tax increase is really screwing things for new pin sales in Europe!

#7922 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Just curious. I’d always be paranoid my 2 year old would poke it, just because it’s exactly what he shouldn’t be doing.

I remember reading a previous post from you where you mentioned he loves pressing the magna-save for the same reason... on that one you could put a really stiff spring behind the button

#7923 3 years ago

I remember reading a previous post from you where you mentioned he loves pressing the magna-save for the same reason... on that one you could put a really stiff spring behind the button

You would actually be surprised. I sit him at the game and not saying he is good or anything, but I’ll be damned if he can’t hit the ball at least 5 times.

If I reply to a text for two seconds and look up, the magna save is drained. Good for him, wouldn’t have it any other way. I love my kids.

#7924 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Spent this afternoon solving my R&M audio issues. Solution cost $10 I purchased this spacer from Amazon and bought 4 2" screws to accommodate the spacer/cabinet: amazon.com link »
- Decided to move the amp and fasten it to the wood divider with velcro (the amp is ultra light). Might come up with a better solution later. Having easy access to the amp controls from the coin door made a HUGE difference, since I could fiddle with the sound while the game was playing. I realize my location interferes with the coin door, but it doesn't matter since it's in my home, not an arcade.
- Dealing with the nuts below the cabinet was a PITA. They kept popping out if the screw wasn't spot-on, which is tough since the spacer holes are 3/4". On a couple, I simple used a washer and hex lock nut. It's rock solid which is all that matters...will likely clean it up later.
R&M went from sounding like a huge fart/turd to sounding awesome (and I don't have anti-rattle tape installed!). The components they use are really nice, however it's clear the speaker/amp combination REQUIRE a spacer like this. Again, now my game isn't convulsing/rattling and I don't have anti-rattle tape! I will likely still install it to better secure the glass, but it's no longer a bandaid to the audio booming.
Hope this helps!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it a 10"speaker? Havent got the game in front of me to check.

#7925 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is it a 10"speaker? Havent got the game in front of me to check.

Correct...photos show this (see woofer label).

#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Correct...photos show this (see woofer label).

thx, just checking before I have it shipped.

#7927 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Oh he must’ve gotten one of Spooky’s worst machines.... you know, the ones with a bad coin door lock.

I know you're making light of that whole situation but really, Spooky has some attention to detail and QA issues. I don't think it's a funny situation especially how they handled it.

#7928 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I know you're making light of that whole situation but really, Spooky has some attention to detail and QA issues. I don't think it's a funny situation especially how they handled it.

Definitely not for the "set and forget" Stern crowd. Or operators. But that is part of the appeal to me in some weird way masochistic pinball hobbiest way.

#7929 3 years ago

The woofer spacer ring, is that just a felt ring or is it felt-wrapped MDF? Just contemplating the DIY route and wonder if even some high density foam would be a goer.

#7930 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

The woofer spacer ring, is that just a felt ring or is it felt-wrapped MDF? Just contemplating the DIY route and wonder if even some high density foam would be a goer.

It's MDF wrapped in felt.

#7931 3 years ago

Sick of the spongy buttons and double presses (and the meted green button they shipped mine with). While metal bracket is nicer, a circuit board and positive click membrane switches that only press once make going in to the menu less painful. It's the little touches. Just need one more black button... off to the resin printer!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7932 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Can someone tell me how a spacer ring helps? I thought it was an air seal issue and this doesn't vent air? Not doubting anyone, just an audio noob.

#7933 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

True. Just curious. I’d always be paranoid my 2 year old would poke it, just because it’s exactly what he shouldn’t be doing.

Speakers like these come with metal magnetic covers. Could probably find just the replacement cover and add some internal magnets and then you can just let it zrrrp up there.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-NSIC800WH-140-Watts-Speaker-Speakers/dp/B0046RE02W/ref=asc_df_B0046RE02W/

#7934 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So.... was that ever implied by my comment? That it was a funny situation? I don’t think so.... and how does anyone know from a random screenshot of a Facebook post on here how it was handled? I don’t, and I don’t do Facebook so I didn’t go looking into it.

Look, believe me, I feel bad for anyone that has a bad experience with a NIB purchase But, as far as I know, I don’t think that experience was posted here on this thread.

So a little humor about something most are familiar with here on this thread doesn’t mean i’m poking fun at this guys situation or laughing about that. If you’re in the Spooky thread you should appreciate the humor in that comment about the coin door lock and that’s it. Thats all that was intended by my comment.

Lighten up bro... don’t assume I meant something else.

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Definitely not for the "set and forget" Stern crowd.

You clearly have not bought a Stranger Things!

#7936 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah the whole "censor" thing is pretty popular right now. "We like it the way it is and wouldn't change it - but YOU should not have another option or even have the temerity to ASK about it!" lol
Why would other people care that would never use the option? I certainly wouldn't care how others set up their game and there's an option that gave them more enjoyment I'd be all for it. I don't get the nattering nabobs of negativism towards the suggestion. (There's an old quote for ya - though it sounds vaguely R&M-like )

There is an everyday analogy to your argument.... around the part where it Does affect others, because there is a wider Cost to the superfluous "option" that caters to only a few.

You know, just saying.

I'm sure a few additional "easy" dimensions will come in to randomise better the early mix. Code is still building

#7937 3 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible for a European buyer to import a game 2nd hand from the US and be able to use it in Europe? I believe Stern have blocked this option by making the games not function when the mains frequency is 50Hz, as it is here... so only their games configured for export will actually work in Europe... just wondering if Spooky do the same thing? There is also the voltage difference, but this is very easy to deal with, even if there is no easy terminal re-location on the transformer...

#7938 3 years ago

Getting balls jump off the right ramp. Anyone made a Perspex cover for the top?

#7939 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Can someone tell me how a spacer ring helps? I thought it was an air seal issue and this doesn't vent air? Not doubting anyone, just an audio noob.

It helps by putting 3/4" distance between the speaker "cone" (which moves/vibrates to produce sound) and the cabinet. I have PinWoofer audio systems in my Sterns and they use speaker rings and the system rocks. Not claiming a speaker ring is a "silver bullet" for the R&M vibration problem, but for me, it worked well in combination with dialing in the amplifier settings. For example, if you crank the sub/bass dials too much, the game will still convulse/vibrate!

My game is #175 and it doesn't have any openings under the cabinet (like other manufacturers cabinets). Apparently, earlier R&M builds had a couple air vents. That said, if air vents are the solution to the vibration issues, then it makes no sense that Spooky would remove them in later builds.

I haven't read every post in this thread...I know Spooky folks are engaged and often help/comment on issues. Would be interesting to hear from them on this issue, but I'm just happy my games audio is dialed in now. For me, audio is a big deal.

#7940 3 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible for a European buyer to import a game 2nd hand from the US and be able to use it in Europe? I believe Stern have blocked this option by making the games not function when the mains frequency is 50Hz, as it is here... so only their games configured for export will actually work in Europe... just wondering if Spooky do the same thing? There is also the voltage difference, but this is very easy to deal with, even if there is no easy terminal re-location on the transformer...

If its possible... would it still not be the 25 % penalty fees added when going through customs into EU country?

In norway we must pay 25 % on everything imported, no matter if its new or second hand.

#7941 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've seen this a few times in the last 100 or so posts so I'll send you to my post here. It's a few pictures in, but I made one with lexan (hand cut/drilled). Took a little bit of effort, but it's resolved all airball issues on the right ramp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/38#post-5561129

#7942 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

If its possible... would it still not be the 25 % penalty fees added when going through customs into EU country?

Yes, this would still be applicable... but you'd be surprised how much a 2nd hand machine can depreciate when it comes to completing a customs declaration form

#7943 3 years ago

Yes, this would still be applicable... but you'd be surprised how much a 2nd hand machine can depreciate when it comes to completing a customs declaration form

Of course, and it is something thats been done by many Unfortunately, there are some horror stories, ill reply to you in PM

#7944 3 years ago

Call Spooky

#7945 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There is an everyday analogy to your argument.... around the part where it Does affect others, because there is a wider Cost to the superfluous "option" that caters to only a few.
You know, just saying.
I'm sure a few additional "easy" dimensions will come in to randomise better the early mix. Code is still building

adding more 'easy' dimensions would make a big difference so it's not only the same every time.

#7946 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've seen this a few times in the last 100 or so posts so I'll send you to my post here. It's a few pictures in, but I made one with lexan (hand cut/drilled). Took a little bit of effort, but it's resolved all airball issues on the right ramp.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/38#post-5561129

any thought of selling this airball deflector?

#7947 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes.

Coming soon

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

any thought of selling this airball deflector?

likely not since it was hand made and there is no way I would be able to ensure consistency if making more than 1.

#7949 3 years ago

Sent their tech support an email earlier today, no reply yet. Might give them a call tomorrow if I don't hear back.

#7950 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Spent this afternoon solving my R&M audio issues. Solution cost $10 I purchased this spacer from Amazon and bought 4 2" screws to accommodate the spacer/cabinet: amazon.com link »
- Decided to move the amp and fasten it to the wood divider with velcro (the amp is ultra light). Might come up with a better solution later. Having easy access to the amp controls from the coin door made a HUGE difference, since I could fiddle with the sound while the game was playing. I realize my location interferes with the coin box cover, but it doesn't matter since it's in my home, not an arcade.
R&M went from sounding like a huge fart/turd to sounding awesome (and I don't have anti-rattle tape installed!). The components they use are really nice, however it's clear the speaker/amp combination REQUIRE a spacer like this. Again, now my game isn't convulsing/rattling and I don't have anti-rattle tape! I will likely still install anti-rattle tape to better secure the glass, but it's no longer a bandaid to the audio booming. Glass rattling is now rare, as it should be
Hope this helps!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great post. I'm curious, though, as to why you put lock nuts on a couple of the screws if they were long enough to attach to the t-nuts. Just extra mounting security?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 300.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/159?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.