(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 404.
#7801 3 years ago

Speaking of subwoofers, do Spooky machines have a headphone jack to take a line level output from for an external sub?

#7802 3 years ago

I’d love to turn off the magna save of the ball isn’t on play. My 2 year old loves it!

#7803 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The only way to solve it is to pay it... or have you found a loop-hole? Yes, it's buggering buying pins from the US!! Maybe Dutch Pinball will survive the TBL fiasco and become a major European supplier!

Well, I live in Norway which is not part of the EU, but the distributor is located in Austria. So trying to see if its possible to avoid because of that...the end user/end shipping address not being part of EU. If Spooky ships directly to me it should be an option for example. We will see.

#7804 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Well, I live in Norway which is not part of the EU, but the distributor is located in Austria. So trying to see if its possible to avoid because of that...the end user/end shipping address not being part of EU. If Spooky ships directly to me it should be an option for example. We will see.

I see... well, it makes sense for you to not pay the EU import tax if you're not in the EU!! Good luck in finding a way round it!!

#7805 3 years ago

I wish I could keep up on this thread. I'm 3k posts behind now.

#297 got delivered. Had some damage on the backbox, Spooky is sending a replacement panel. A few small issues, but I think most is resolved now. One opto wire wasn't punched down in the IDC connector so it was causing random ball ends and locks not to work right. SpookyLuke helped figure that one out. Green enter button was melted by a soldering iron, looks like. They said they would ship one out. Balls came rusted, didn't use them.

Love the freaking game.

Now I finally get to fit some stuff for testing. Butt button and flipper toppers are on our site now (pinballmods.co). Next is probably garage portal and launch gun. Have some ramp toppers and a few related items coming after that. Microverse is being revised a bit now that the game is here, I think it's a bit too large.

1114201104_HDR (resized).jpg1114201104_HDR (resized).jpg1115202049_HDR (resized).jpg1115202049_HDR (resized).jpg1117201216 (resized).jpg1117201216 (resized).jpg1117201222a (resized).jpg1117201222a (resized).jpg1117201315 (resized).jpg1117201315 (resized).jpg1117201633a (resized).jpg1117201633a (resized).jpg1119201526 (resized).jpg1119201526 (resized).jpg1119201526_HDR (resized).jpg1119201526_HDR (resized).jpg2bb9a9b069787da697e43e4b45bdaa724ea3b4c8 (resized).jpeg2bb9a9b069787da697e43e4b45bdaa724ea3b4c8 (resized).jpegAll3 (resized).jpgAll3 (resized).jpga0b15ff868dc4bfa9ffbd850f80239ac69a979c0 (resized).jpega0b15ff868dc4bfa9ffbd850f80239ac69a979c0 (resized).jpegd02c612408add1166304fcfaba5af00f9a05ac72 (1) (resized).jpegd02c612408add1166304fcfaba5af00f9a05ac72 (1) (resized).jpegdb187d7b651b26ab8c22f29664634239704ea0dc (resized).jpegdb187d7b651b26ab8c22f29664634239704ea0dc (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Butt-Front (resized).jpgButt-Front (resized).jpg
#7806 3 years ago

Got an email from Morgan today. Spooky Pinball has excellent customer service! You have earned a NIB buyer for life.

#7807 3 years ago

Looking awesome mate! can't wait to put an order in!

#7808 3 years ago

In honor of the GnR release, is there a Multi-BALLS dimension? You know...BALLS. Like BALLS.

#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In honor of the GnR release, is there a Multi-BALLS dimension? You know...BALLS. Like BALLS.

lol, there's no shortage of balls talk in there!

#7810 3 years ago

Snuffles is always looking for his balls when I forget to put them in.

#7811 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I wish I could keep up on this thread. I'm 3k posts behind now.
#297 got delivered. Had some damage on the backbox, Spooky is sending a replacement panel. A few small issues, but I think most is resolved now. One opto wire wasn't punched down in the IDC connector so it was causing random ball ends and locks not to work right. SpookyLuke helped figure that one out. Green enter button was melted by a soldering iron, looks like. They said they would ship one out. Balls came rusted, didn't use them.
Love the freaking game.
Now I finally get to fit some stuff for testing. Butt button and flipper toppers are on our site now (pinballmods.co). Next is probably garage portal and launch gun. Have some ramp toppers and a few related items coming after that. Microverse is being revised a bit now that the game is here, I think it's a bit too large.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

How long did it take to receive your pin after making your final payment?

#7812 3 years ago

Knowing that I'll be hearing the scream and fart dimensions constantly has somewhat diminished my expectations of the game. Yes I know if you get past them it will then truly randomize but it still means I'll be hearing them more than anything else. And they my least favorite sounds to have to endure. Especially the screams. I'll probably sadly have to lower the overall volume of everything just to get through that dimension.

Personally I wish there was indeed a setting for true randomization from the get go for those that don't particularly care about the score and want more to experience each time they play. I also don't have endless time to play the game so that will limit my advancement also.

Oh well just thought I'd cast a vote for a truly "random" setting. I know it's not popular with everyone else here. (but you wouldn't need to use that particular setting anyway then).

Looking forward to getting mine soon in any case.

#7813 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

How long did it take to receive your pin after making your final payment?

Submitted Order Sheet 10/6
Paid 10/23
Shipped 11/9
Delivered 11/16

About a month to ship from order sheet.

FedEx was a bit shit with their delivery, but you know how it is waiting a few more days for a new toy.

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Oh well just thought I'd cast a vote for a truly "random" setting. I know it's not popular with everyone else here. (but you wouldn't need to use that particular setting anyway then).

Exactly. I have found a game for sale and am still deliberating over it... from various posts on here, repetition of 'modes' (in this case: dimensions) is concerning me... I get that dimensions that can confuse or punish a novice player should be held back, and this is what will happen when you select to not truly randomise... for someone who is not scared by these later dimensions, however, why not allow that player to side-step the early game repetition?

I understand that some have suggested setting the game to 10 balls as a way to experience the later dimensions, but personally I feel this would be cheating the main part of the game... obviously...

#7815 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Lost power to right side flippers and sling this morning when I was testing vireland's coil cooling fans. I was hammering on the right flipper button and then no power. Anyone know where the fuses are located?

Look behind the back box door. There are also fuses on the power board in the bottom of the cabinet. Don't know what you'll be looking for but I had to replace the PDB fuses (to rectangular boards in the backbox) when my left flipper wasn't working.

#7816 3 years ago

Look behind the back box door. There are also fuses on the power board in the bottom of the cabinet. Don't know what you'll be looking for but I had to replace the PDB fuses (to rectangular boards in the backbox) when my left flipper wasn't working.

Thanks Harry. Found them yesterday. They have covers over them which made them hard to identify at first.

#7817 3 years ago

It's clear that we are going to need a Karen Dimension.

#7818 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:Exactly. I have found a game for sale and am still deliberating over it... from various posts on here, repetition of 'modes' (in this case: dimensions) is concerning me... I get that dimensions that can confuse or punish a novice player should be held back, and this is what will happen when you select to not truly randomise... for someone who is not scared by these later dimensions, however, why not allow that player to side-step the early game repetition?
I understand that some have suggested setting the game to 10 balls as a way to experience the later dimensions, but personally I feel this would be cheating the main part of the game... obviously...

You two are dead wrong on this. Getting to another dimension is one good rip on the upper loop and then one of two other shots. I cannot believe people are somehow making such an awesome feature into a negative. Pinside never disappoints.

#7819 3 years ago

I must be in the whiner dimension right now, this ISN’T a problem people

#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Knowing that I'll be hearing the scream and fart dimensions constantly has somewhat diminished my expectations of the game. Yes I know if you get past them it will then truly randomize but it still means I'll be hearing them more than anything else. And they my least favorite sounds to have to endure. Especially the screams. I'll probably sadly have to lower the overall volume of everything just to get through that dimension.
Personally I wish there was indeed a setting for true randomization from the get go for those that don't particularly care about the score and want more to experience each time they play. I also don't have endless time to play the game so that will limit my advancement also.
Looking forward to getting mine soon in any case.

You are correct as the code stands now the fart and scream are the worst dimension and they are the ones I see all the time, I truly wouldn't care if I never saw the fart dimension again. Hopefully someone will understand that we bought this game for the fun and wants to see more than just a few dimensions over and over again. Again, I can't understand the resistance to an option in the menu to allow randomness. Some people say it's great as-is they can truly have it as-is but there can be an option for us who would ranter see more variety of dimensions. I really can't see what is so bad about having the choice to pick random or structures (as-is) dimensions.

#7821 3 years ago

Are you people fucking dense or something?

Have you never watched Rick and Morty?

Your concern has been noted, re-iterated and noted again.

now. You 'll get farts and you will fucking like it.

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

now. You 'll get farts and you will fucking like it.

#7823 3 years ago

What the problem with providing the option?

#7824 3 years ago

If you want to see more the 10 ball thing isn't an issue. Turtles/TNA and all the games with co-op people play all four turtles to get deep into the game.

I am totally suck right now, average 6k with the 15k every so often. Last night I hopped 7 dimensions and got an EB for the first time and it was awesome. Saw a few newer dimensions and it was rewarding.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to adjust the flippers? My left flipper garage shot on the very tip so I figured I could lower it a bit to make that tiny bit further up and maybe a meeseeks on the very end. How are other people placing their flippers?

#7825 3 years ago

What the problem with providing the option?

I guess in a vacuum there isn't a problem. But when it isn't part of the road map then it diverts time and resources which means something else has to suffer or be delayed. I like the idea that there are some I have only seen once or never. The game is not super deep. It's difficulty creates depth though. There will be more modes in the future and more dimensions I hope. But creating an option to make the game easier to experience everything doesn't seem like the best use of a single programmer's time. I'd rather that time be spent on making more content all around. I mean if you want to experience the harder dimensions, just make the game easier. Lots of ways to do that. 5 ball, longer ball save times, lower pitch, etc.

#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

If you want to see more the 10 ball thing isn't an issue. Turtles/TNA and all the games with co-op people play all four turtles to get deep into the game.
I am totally suck right now, average 6k with the 15k every so often. Last night I hopped 7 dimensions and got an EB for the first time and it was awesome. Saw a few newer dimensions and it was rewarding.
Can someone point me in the direction of how to adjust the flippers? My left flipper garage shot on the very tip so I figured I could lower it a bit to make that tiny bit further up and maybe a meeseeks on the very end. How are other people placing their flippers?

Have you tweaked the power of your left flipper at all? I increased mine my two or three ticks and it made that particular shot easier and more consistent.

#7827 3 years ago

Both sides of this "option" deal are way overreacting.

No one wants to change how you play your game. Weird that some care very much how others think they might enjoy playing their game more.

Erik spoke on it. I get it and ain't gonna bother the guy about it. I just don't get options hate.

$8k+ and they're still working on the code. What's wrong with asking for whatever? Seriously. Chillax.

#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Have you tweaked the power of your left flipper at all? I increased mine my two or three ticks and it made that particular shot easier and more consistent.

I have not played with power options on either of the flippers. I can hit it a good amount of time if I can get the ball to roll down not from a cradle and hit it at the end of the flipper. The left ramp is my hardest to hit shot, still trying to figure that out. (Besides the left garage but thats normal)

#7829 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I guess in a vacuum there isn't a problem. But when it isn't part of the road map then it diverts time and resources which means something else has to suffer or be delayed. I like the idea that there are some I have only seen once or never. The game is not super deep. It's difficulty creates depth though. There will be more modes in the future and more dimensions I hope. But creating an option to make the game easier to experience everything doesn't seem like the best use of a single programmer's time. I'd rather that time be spent on making more content all around. I mean if you want to experience the harder dimensions, just make the game easier. Lots of ways to do that. 5 ball, longer ball save times, lower pitch, etc.

This.

#7830 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

You two are dead wrong on this. Getting to another dimension is one good rip on the upper loop and then one of two other shots.

Then you would obviously choose the option to leave it as it is... how is it wrong to want a simple option to not want it how you want it? Have you no will power so that if the option is there you won't be able to resist flipping it to random and then go and spoil the game for yourself?

It's already random after the first repetitive dimensions, so it would be a piece of cake to make it all random... and satisfy those here that are complaining about repetition... easy code tweak for great improvement for those who want it... and those who don't have ZERO reason to complain at the thought of it because they can simply leave it turned off... win win...

#7831 3 years ago

FYI. I still have a handful of the blue crystal mods in anyone is interested. The price is $55 shipped. Just send me a PM if you would like to purchase. Keep safe!

#7832 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

FYI. I still have a handful of the blue crystal mods in anyone is interested. The price is $55 shipped. Just send me a PM if you would like to purchase. Keep safe!

These are great and look sweet people!! Don't hesitate.

The only single negative could be is they don't turn off, but the mod gives a great look to the game!!

#7833 3 years ago

Then you would obviously choose the option to leave it as it is... how is it wrong to want a simple option to not want it how you want it? Have you no will power so that if the option is there you won't be able to resist flipping it to random and then go and spoil the game for yourself?
It's already random after the first repetitive dimensions, so it would be a piece of cake to make it all random... and satisfy those here that are complaining about repetition... easy code tweak for great improvement for those who want it... and those who don't have ZERO reason to complain at the thought of it because they can simply leave it turned off... win win...

Mate, this isn’t a crowdsourced pinball machine.

#7834 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Quoted from northerndude:

These are great and look sweet people!! Don't hesitate.
The only single negative could be is they don't turn off, but the mod gives a great look to the game!!

I just sent you payment on PayPal and sent you PM.

Lmk know if there’s a way to wire it where the light doesn’t always stay on.

Thanks!

#7835 3 years ago

Probably will get some downvotes for this but here go...

I think if Eric was planning to make a change on this dimensions “topic” he would’ve said so already. He was pretty clear in his post about the dimensions and how it operates.

This game is amazing guys and if you don’t own one I don’t think you should be on this thread talking about makings changes to the code. That’s Eric’s job and he does a pretty damn good job with it!

I don’t think he should start making changes to appease a few people complaining about something they don’t like/prefer about a way the game is coded. Honestly, I think Eric was way to nice with his response and he should’ve responded to the suggestions with this meme;

5394B0D9-97ED-43D7-B3DB-15495CFAD840 (resized).jpeg5394B0D9-97ED-43D7-B3DB-15495CFAD840 (resized).jpeg
#7836 3 years ago

I've have read 7835 post. Posted a hand full of time. Nothing about code, because I'm #482 and have no input as of now. Peace Among Worlds

#7837 3 years ago

I don't have my game yet and haven't been able to play one so no personal experience on how often dimensions come up but if you don't like the one you are in all the more reason to crank the spinner an move to another.

I believe it was also posted previously you can get deeper into them if you jump dimensions without returning home first

#7838 3 years ago

Dimensions are about mega seeds. Mega seeds are about score. It will benefit you to visit as many dimensions as you can, as that is the single most effective way to boost your score! So my suggestion if you can only get 1-3 dimensions, work on your dimension game.
download.jpgdownload.jpg

#7839 3 years ago

As this conversation has evolved I have changed my mind on this a bit. At first I thought, "Why not throw in a completely random option?" As I've continued to think about this, I like the current set up. Sure you see underwater, farts, and wilhelm basically every game, but after only having my game a month, I'm regularly getting to 6-7 dimensions per game. Getting to 3 dimensions for the EB is always a good idea, and it's really easy if you hop from one to the next without going back to C-137.

My point with that last post was that it's pedantic to continue the conversation.

#7840 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

As this conversation has evolved I have changed my mind on this a bit. At first I thought, "Why not throw in a completely random option?" As I've continued to think about this, I like the current set up. Sure you see underwater, farts, and wilhelm basically every game, but after only having my game a month, I'm regularly getting to 6-7 dimensions per game. Getting to 3 dimensions for the EB is always a good idea, and it's really easy if you hop from one to the next without going back to C-137.
My point with that last post was that it's pedantic to continue the conversation.

Exactly, this is really only an issue at the beginning of ownership. Once you start dialing in the shots getting to new dimensions is trivial with the genius of the diverter at the right orbit either charging the portal or going to the garage in addition to the inner loop and garage shot. on a normal/bad game you will be going to 3-4 dimensions once you are comfortable, and a ton more when you have a good game. Its a good design those early ones you just grab seeds and bail to the next with no negatives.

#7841 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Exactly, this is really only an issue at the beginning of ownership. Once you start dialing in the shots getting to new dimensions is trivial with the genius of the diverter at the right orbit either charging the portal or going to the garage in addition to the inner loop and garage shot. on a normal/bad game you will be going to 3-4 dimensions once you are comfortable, and a ton more when you have a good game. Its a good design those early ones you just grab seeds and bail to the next with no negatives.

I think this is the best thought out and most polished code on any Spooky game. The pontificating masses on pinside tend to belabor things which need not even be mentioned. I think fully random would take a lot of the thrill out of finding the next dimension. Thrill of the hunt.

#7842 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I think this is the best thought out and most polished code on any Spooky game. The pontificating masses on pinside tend to belabor things which need not even be mentioned. I think fully random would take a lot of the thrill out of finding the next dimension. Thrill of the hunt.

Agree. Every game, I hope I’ll play well enough and get lucky to see night vision or twilight zone or flasher dimension.

It’s pinball operant conditioning.

#7843 3 years ago

Was just on an absolute heater. 23 mil about, ran into my severalth dimension, 2 balls locked, just lit my adventure, Rick yells, points are with more in this dimension !!! I have about 15 seeds. Drained, lol, would have been a monster, I suck..... I’ll be back for more though!!!

#7844 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I think fully random would take a lot of the thrill out of finding the next dimension. Thrill of the hunt.

Having a menu option is not effecting anyone unless they change the menu option. I think people complaining about the option are being salty for no reason.

#7845 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Next stop: boob world.

#7846 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Was just on an absolute heater. 23 mil about, ran into my severalth dimension, 2 balls locked, just lit my adventure, Rick yells, points are with more in this dimension !!! I have about 15 seeds. Drained, lol, would have been a monster, I suck..... I’ll be back for more though!!!

LOVE the bonus count when you have a big butt load of seeds!!
Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Wawa waaa waaa waaa waaa.
So satisfying
I never skip those ones

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Having a menu option is not effecting anyone unless they change the menu option. I think people complaining about the option are being salty for no reason.

I was going to post the same thing but the discussion was going round and round. Options/choices change nothing about the people who don't want it. It only gives some work to the developer and possible new bugs with new functionality. If the code is organized and object oriented then it should be fairly simple to allow the option as there should only be minimal logic controlling the rules which Eric said he uses to determine the dimension. Of course, his time and payment for this work isn't our call and his and Spooky's ruleset and choices aren't necessarily our call. However, using the feedback from the actual customers and people who play the game would be nice.

#7848 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I’ll take one if you still have some.
Shooting you a PM now.

#7849 3 years ago

saw the deadflip video and tha game has a very nice lightshow. i am waiting for # 501 i guess 12- 14 more weeks.

#7850 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Next stop: boob world.

Is Rick and Morty (the show) extreme enough to have pedo dimension with Michael Jackson, Prince Andrew, Roman Polanski, R Kelly, etc alt-versions all roaming around proclaiming their innocence?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/157?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.