(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 405.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Can someone please help me understand what the different editions are of this game? I know there is a Blood Sucker edition, but don't know what that means in terns of differences and don't know what other different editions there are...
I'm getting pulled into wanting one of these, and want to know which edition to track down if I should come off the fence totally!
Thanks!

Have you read up on this?
Have you used the "Key Posts" in this thread? The difference is merely cosmetic as you have to choose most of your add ones yourself. I'm not trying to be a shit, but read up you'll find out all the info if you try even a little bit.

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Have you used the "Key Posts" in this thread? The difference is merely cosmetic as you have to choose most of your add ones yourself. I'm not trying to be a shit, but read up you'll find out all the info if you try even a little bit.

Also, you can't buy one, you don't get to choose. You can only buy someone else's spot as they sold out a year ago.

#7753 3 years ago

I think dimensions can be randomized by linking them to a ramp or horse shoe switch, like the modes IJ.
I really like the way it works.

Its a bit of programming but very doable.

#7754 3 years ago

Can someone please help me understand what the different editions are of this game? I know there is a Blood Sucker edition, but don't know what that means in terns of differences and don't know what other different editions there are...
I'm getting pulled into wanting one of these, and want to know which edition to track down if I should come off the fence totally!
Thanks!

There are 2 versions, a Blood Suckers Edition (BSE) and Standard. All BSE pins will be built first. The only real difference is purple trim and legs on the BSE with cool armor around the flippers. They are making 750 of these... all but 50 or so are BSE. All are sold. They have made about 1/2 of them so far. Pictures/breakdown available here:

https://shop.spookypinball.com/Pinball-Machines_c_13.html

#7755 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I don't agree with your comparisons.
Totally understand if things stay the way they are because the programmer wants it that way, but he has been swayed before. Can't hurt to ask. There are many default settings that can be changed in the game.
I'm going to be okay if he doesn't put in the option. If he adds it, I'd probably use it if friends are coming over to check out the game. I think getting to see more of the game would add more wow factor.
If dimensions are to be treated as mini wizard modes, then disregard everything I'm trying to say.

I agree with this. This is a major portion of code that might never be seen especially with the chancy nature of my garage shot.

#7756 3 years ago

Well, only be searching key posts on this topic... otherwise, no... I was using this club thread as a source of information.

Have you used the "Key Posts" in this thread?

Yes... key post 510 'R&M options' was the only one I saw that might explain things, but it turns out it was a list of options... scrolling up and down from there didn't shed any light on things...

read up you'll find out all the info if you try even a little bit.

I tried a bit more than a little bit, but drew blanks...

Anyway, since then another member has PMd me with the info I was looking for... so I'm good-to-go now

Also, you can't buy one, you don't get to choose.

Understood. I need to get hold of distro's I know who usually stock up on these...

I'm not trying to be a shit,

I believe you're not trying.

#7757 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Pretty sure they switched to the black ones due to durability issues with the clear ones. Mine are black.
Be glad you didn't get my machine. My game was delivered on Monday right after yours and 48 hours later I still have not played a game yet. Working through a laundry list of issues and I don't even know what might still be ahead of me if/when I get to play it. Been a pretty frustrating experience so far.

Cheeks Sorry to hear that. From everything I have read, Spooky is an awesome company who will make sure that thing is perfect. I hope they deliver great service for you. On the upside, the game is really a ton of fun. Hard as hell as some others have alluded to though. I have read every post on this thread and it seems that some of the modifications people have made initially to get the play a bit more refined have found their way into the later edition machines. While I cringe at having to hit the garage consistently, I do find that I get better every game...But hell my high score after about 2 dozen games is 6 Million....So a lot of ground to still cover. Best of luck getting it fixed.

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think dimensions can be randomized by linking them to a ramp or horse shoe switch, like the modes IJ.

Quoted from rai:

I agree with this. This is a major portion of code that might never be seen especially with the chancy nature of my garage shot.

You guys are killing me. The dimensions ARE randomized.
You start with a RANDOM feature dimension, then a RANDOM positive dimension, then a RANDOM negative dimension.
There are a *FEW* held out of the first THREE dimensions because they make things significantly harder to play. Period.

The dimensions are just seasoning. Switching things up. Adding in the chaos of the R&M universe. They are not a "major portion" of the code or the rules, really. You get the megaseeds in EVERY dimension, which *IS* the major bit. That's why you want to change dimensions.

#7759 3 years ago

Thanks!

Blood Sucker editions are going to be the vast majority. That option added $550 to the price. Spooky said those would be made first, so most buyers opted for it. Probably less than 75 standards out there at the end of the day. BSE has purple speaker panel, legs, lockdown, hinges and side rails. BSE are also individually numbered with a plaque on the speaker panel.

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There are a *FEW* held out of the first THREE dimensions because they make things significantly harder to play. Period.

So, for clarity, once you've done the first 3 dimensions (one of each), then ALL dimensions are randomised, but in 3 groups: feature, positive, negative, in that order...

Correct?

#7761 3 years ago

Anyone else click on that ad at the bottom of the page for the fart start button?

If you do, check out the overhead shot. Looks like they might be able to make a ball fondler mod with it as well.

#7762 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You start with a RANDOM feature dimension, then a RANDOM positive dimension, then a RANDOM negative dimension.
The dimensions are just seasoning. Switching things up. Adding in the chaos of the R&M universe. They are not a "major portion" of the code or the rules, really. You get the megaseeds in EVERY dimension, which *IS* the major bit. That's why you want to change dimensions.

You're killing it, Eric. Please ignore us pontificating pinheads.

#7763 3 years ago

So, for clarity, once you've done the first 3 dimensions (one of each), then ALL dimensions are randomised, but in 3 groups: feature, positive, negative, in that order...
Correct?

Yes. The category rotation continues, but the choices within the category are random. Also, it will not repeat any dimension from any category within the same game until you've done them all.

#7764 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Also, it will not repeat any dimension from any category within the same game until you've done them all.

So with that in mind, it means there are an equal number of dimensions for each category...

#7765 3 years ago

So with that in mind, it means there are an equal number of dimensions for each category...

It does not. We try to keep them similar amounts, but they're not exact. But each category resets on it's own.

#7766 3 years ago

#317 has arrived undamaged!
20201118_124039 (resized).jpg20201118_124039 (resized).jpg

I bought it to place in a local arcade.

The arcade is in bankruptcy due to covid.

I guess ill just sit on it for now...

#7767 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can see strategy being planning to align the positive dimension when you begin an adventure for more point possibilities.

#7768 3 years ago

This dimension thing - all I know is that I see the same ones all the time too and I’ve progressed past three or more. I would also like to see them be more random if the case is they are random now. At least give us the option

I don’t care about pinball scores or tournaments

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This dimension thing - all I know is that I see the same ones all the time too and I’ve progressed past three or more. I would also like to see them be more random if the case is there are random now. At least give us the option
I don’t care any pinball scores or tournaments

One option is to play better and try to get to 4+ dimensions, then you will have full randomness.

#7770 3 years ago

they aren't random if we only see the same 3-4 dimension and nothing else. How is that random?

#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

One option is to play better and try to get to 4+ dimensions, then you will have full randomness.

Another option, much easier, is to offer the option to truly randomize. Not sure why the people that care about scores think they have to then restrict people like me, who think folks who care about scores is embarrassing.

Just offer the option. Move on

#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This dimension thing - all I know is that I see the same ones all the time too and I’ve progressed past three or more. I would also like to see them be more random if the case is they are random now. At least give us the option

I see fart and scream dimension most often.

#7773 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Another option, much easier, is to offer the option to truly randomize. Not sure why the people that care about scores think they have to then restrict people like me, who think folks who care about scores is embarrassing.

Whoa.

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thats too bad...

#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Basically to have a chance at finding a new dimension beyond the standards, a player needs to get 6-7 dimensions deep. It's definitely not easy, but very doable. To me the challenge makes finding new dimensions more rewarding once you get there (much like your wizard mode analogies). Bottom line is different strokes for different folks.

I agree completely.

For those who own(ed) TnA, it would be similar to alternating the music instead of having each track tied to a specific reactor. The payoff on that pin was being able to hear the next cool track and associated lighting effects as you destroyed reactors...each track creating a little more excitement/tension as you progressed.

R&M is kicking my ass in 3 days of ownership, but when I am able to progress to additional dimensions, it seems more rewarding since it is a new experience. I have something to chase...and it keeps me repeatedly pushing the start button.

#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just set your game to 5 balls or 10 balls or whatever you need to see it all and be happy, and move on.

#7777 3 years ago

How about a "making gazorpazorp" mode?

Loop some shots to get morty's new mate Gwendolyn back home. Then 30s no drain multiball where the player just nails the scoop for jackpots (somewhat similar to electric chair from tftc) - increased jackpot for each ball in play on field, but watch out for your stamina and charge the spinner to prevent premature eja... er end of the multiball.

The clips from that episode seem worth the effort... not to mention the neat effects you could probably do with the shaker!

(sorry @epthegeek, I know you must be sick of people throwing out ideas for modes)

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It was just some lighthearted humor. Not serious.

Besides dimension types don’t have anything to do with scores.

#7779 3 years ago

I know right! I’m really upset about the whole situation! Oh well I’m sure in time I will get over it.. Until then bring on the screams and farts!

#7780 3 years ago

I know right! I’m really upset about the whole situation! Oh well I’m sure in time I will get over it.. Until then bring on the screams and farts!

To play the same dimensions over and over seems odd or unbalanced and makes for boring game play.

On the surface the game looks like it has a lot to offer!

Maybe future code updates will address this?

#7781 3 years ago

Fart. Scream. Underwater. TNA.
Rinse. Repeat.
I suck. Play better.
Drink More. ***Burp***

Awww geeez

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Fart. Scream. Underwater. TNA.
Rinse. Repeat.
I suck. Play better.
Drink More. ***Burp***
Awww geeez

Quoted from pinballinreno:

To play the same dimensions over and over seems odd or unbalanced and makes for boring game play.
On the surface the game looks like it has a lot to offer!
Maybe future code updates will address this?

There are, you know... adventures.

#7783 3 years ago

Other dimensions pop up quite often,you get all those ones with the glitchy/remix sounds, like pop deactivated, super spinner, left side triple, family targets triple... Plenty come up, don't know what you guys are on about.....plus the other ones mentioned, what other game has so many dimensions lol

#7784 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Other dimensions pop up quite often,you get all those ones with the glitchy/remix sounds, like pop deactivated, super spinner, left side triple, family targets triple... Plenty come up, don't know what you guys are on about.....plus the other ones mentioned, what other game has so many dimensions lol

Sounds to me like the adjustment is already there for anyone whom needs it, as already suggested, set the machine to 10 ball games... solved!

#7785 3 years ago

Not having the pleasure to play this game... when you enter a new dimension, is the ball in the subway or trapped somewhere else at this moment?

If so, there could be the option to choose which dimension, from all those available for a specific category, you play... I realise that idea is going to wind some people up, but, if it's there as an adjustment in the settings, some might love it... more code needed than just simply truly randomising of course. Just a thought...

#7786 3 years ago

Not having the pleasure to play this game... when you enter a new dimension, is the ball in the subway or trapped somewhere else at this moment?
If so, there could be the option to choose which dimension, from all those available for a specific category, you play... I realise that idea is going to wind some people up, but, if it's there as an adjustment in the settings, some might love it... more code needed than just simply truly randomising of course. Just a thought...

What happens is that there is a staged ball in a trough directly above the left inlane. When a ball goes in the garage the staged ball is immediately popped out into the inlane, a teleport effect. Bait and switch. While you play with the staged ball now, the ball that went into the portal/garage runs down the subway and becomes the new staged ball.

#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

What happens is that there is a staged ball in a trough directly above the left inlane. When a ball goes in the garage the staged ball is immediately popped out into the inlane, a teleport effect. Bait and switch. While you play with the staged ball now, the ball that went into the portal/garage runs down the subway and becomes the new staged ball.

Understood. So the suggestion of 'pausing' the game for the player to choose a dimension is possible, but will remove the 'teleportation' effect of having the staged ball shoot out as soon as the ball enters the garage... bad for game flow, but as a settings option for anyone happy to sacrifice that for the ability to select a dimension, could be desirable for some...

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well then, maybe the "random" selection could be random BUT NOT the dimension of that class that was played last. So it always has a different dimension from the last game played. It would force it to mix it up a bit more consistently.

#7789 3 years ago

Two propulsive ends of the same dimension.

#7790 3 years ago

Wow, people are really hung up on the dimensions :p play better, set the game easier, or just enjoying discovering more dimensions as you achieve the progress

596 here, will probably be waiting couple more months.. just hoping to solve the f***ing tax eu imposed on pinball machines from america..grr

#7791 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Wow, people are really hung up on the dimensions :p play better, set the game easier, or just enjoying discovering more dimensions as you achieve the progress
596 here, will probably be waiting couple more months.. just hoping to solve the f***ing tax eu imposed on pinball machines from america..grr

Yep, more than dimensions, I’d rather welcome a few additional types of mystery awards.

#7792 3 years ago

. Once the reset bugs are worked out, it will be 100% killer.

Yes this is correct, but when????

#7793 3 years ago

Lost power to right side flippers and sling this morning when I was testing vireland's coil cooling fans. I was hammering on the right flipper button and then no power. Anyone know where the fuses are located?

#7794 3 years ago

Speaking of dimensions, Eric or Scott could we please normalize that one scream that’s louder than all the other screams in the scream dimension?
We run our game at a fun/loud volume and that one scream’s extra decibels hit harsh at the louder levels. THX!

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Speaking of dimensions, Eric or Scott could we please normalize that one scream that’s louder than all the other screams in the scream dimension?
We run our game at a fun/loud volume and that one scream’s extra decibels hit harsh at the louder levels. THX!

There is literally only one scream in the scream dimension. "The Wilhelm Scream". Any additional SFX must be coming from the player.

#7796 3 years ago

Just want to report that I have had ZERO freeze ups, lock ups, resets... or, or whatever (Rick voice).

I'm one week in on ownership (picked up #313 on 11/11) and I have 200+ games in on it.

This game is amazing! I have GNR too and this game is getting most all my attention. I've only played GNR a handful of times since I got RM.
Not bashing GNR by any means.... I love GNR too and it is also an amazing game but the game play is so additive on RM compared to GNR. I've had GNR since 10/16 and it only has right around 300 games on it. I'll probably blow pass that amount of games on RM after this weekend.

Besides the 2 front legs and right lower flipper issue that I posted no other issues (at all) and I have made no adjustments. Oh sorry, forgot I turned down the subwoofer to reduce rattle.... but it plays perfect and all shots are good straight out of the box.

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There is literally only one scream in the scream dimension. "The Wilhelm Scream". Any additional SFX must be coming from the player.

Groups of us playing our machine have all heard the louder one, not just me drinking by myself lol. I was wondering how one could be louder if it was just programmed to sub 1 audio file for all switches, because it doesn’t occur from one particular switch, but it’s like every X amount of screams we get one that’s way louder. I don’t understand it we just hear it, maybe our game is ‘special’

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I bought a machine without lighted speakers. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit them or install another kit?

I bought my machine without them as well. I just gave Spooky a call and paid and had mine within the week and boy what a difference it makes too!

#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Groups of us playing our machine have all heard the louder one, not just me drinking by myself lol. I was wondering how one could be louder if it was just programmed to sub 1 audio file for all switches, because it doesn’t occur from one particular switch, but it’s like every X amount of screams we get one that’s way louder. I don’t understand it we just hear it, maybe our game is ‘special’

You probably got an extra ball/free game. It’s a louder scream.

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

just hoping to solve the f***ing tax eu imposed on pinball machines from america..grr

The only way to solve it is to pay it... or have you found a loop-hole? Yes, it's buggering buying pins from the US!! Maybe Dutch Pinball will survive the TBL fiasco and become a major European supplier!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.