(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 404.
#7701 3 years ago

Time attack where it is nothing but negative modes and you see how long you can last.

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That's funny!! So by lighting flippers you mean lightning flippers... I get it now

Oh yeah, I didn't catch the typo. A very Jerry move on my part.

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Re: All the dimension talk - Right now in the game, you start with a "Feature" dimension, then a "Positive" dimension, then a "Negative dimension" and then it repeats that order. Certain dimensions are more drastic/difficult, like the Black & White and Night Vision feature dimensions, or the negative dimensions that affect the flippers, so those are limited to appearing not in the first set so that we're not punishing less skilled players. I'm trying to get a few more first-pick-safe feature dimensions made so that there can be more variety for that first choice, but no timeline for when those might be added.

I understand the idea but if I am only seeing 1-2 dimensions a game I will never see deep dimensions. My portal shot is still problematic.

It’d be nice for an option of just random dimensions. I can see why not if people are playing against each other for points wouldn’t be fair if one player get good dimensions and the other not. But I play solo most times so I’d love to get more variety at least as a menu option.

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I understand the idea but if I am only seeing 1-2 dimensions a game I will never see deep dimensions. My portal shot is still problematic.
It’d be nice for an option of just random dimensions. I can see why not if people are playing against each other for points wouldn’t be fair if one player get good dimensions and the other not. But I play solo most times so I’d love to get more variety at least as a menu option.

Are you using both the right orbit and the garage shot to jump to dimensions? I've had the game about a month and I'm already seeing a big increase in how many dimensions I can get to. I'm always trying to get a good rip on the spinner and hit one of the two shots that lead to the garage.

#7705 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Are you using both the right orbit and the garage shot to jump to dimensions? I've had the game about a month and I'm already seeing a big increase in how many dimensions I can get to. I'm always trying to get a good rip on the spinner and hit one of the two shots that lead to the garage.

Yes, I’m getting both shots, the left orbit garage shot for me is still very bad. I’m not sure why, it’s not rattling or reject once it’s in there it’s more the feed or shot off the flipper that I can only make the opening like 10% of my attempts.

#7706 3 years ago

Just joined the club!

IMG_4440 (resized).jpegIMG_4440 (resized).jpeg
#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, I’m getting both shots, the left orbit garage shot for me is still very bad. I’m not sure why, it’s not rattling or reject once it’s in there it’s more the feed or shot off the flipper that I can only make the opening like 10% of my attempts.

I did pull the plastics off that side and tried to adjust it a bit to make the curve more smooth. I'd say my efforts have made it maybe 10% better. I think the only other thing I could do to improve mine at this point is to remove the light that is right between the guide and the side rail. I don't really want to do that. But it is definitely a tough shot.

#7708 3 years ago

Would also like to see dimensions more truly random. It's OK if hard or weird ones pop up right away. I've seen some pretty deep ones I think, but not the ones Eric just mentioned. I can usually get 3-4 dimensions a game, but a new player is going to be lucky to see one or two so it would be nice if they had the chance of getting a variety, not just fart, wilhelm, underwater. Underwater dimension seems too short by the way - love that music and color.

#7709 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I did pull the plastics off that side and tried to adjust it a bit to make the curve more smooth. I'd say my efforts have made it maybe 10% better. I think the only other thing I could do to improve mine at this point is to remove the light that is right between the guide and the side rail. I don't really want to do that. But it is definitely a tough shot.

I had an issue with my garage shot (& inner loop) as well. I ended up moving the rail above the upper flipper and the rail leading to the garage using the yelowbird and iepinball modifications as a guide. I drilled a new hole for each rail (first tab hole) and tucked one rail tab under the black wood side rail on both of them. I kept the lightbulb on the garage rail, but it’s right up against it. It shoots very nicely now.

01DEA8A6-23D0-4421-85E7-4D89F1FDDC5B (resized).jpeg01DEA8A6-23D0-4421-85E7-4D89F1FDDC5B (resized).jpeg2FA532BB-F727-41D1-8A02-8A13543218E1 (resized).jpeg2FA532BB-F727-41D1-8A02-8A13543218E1 (resized).jpeg4EA701ED-5366-4EA2-9508-DCBD18A3923E (resized).jpeg4EA701ED-5366-4EA2-9508-DCBD18A3923E (resized).jpeg8A87CDF6-C67A-4793-ADED-B82F6FAA028E (resized).jpeg8A87CDF6-C67A-4793-ADED-B82F6FAA028E (resized).jpeg
#7710 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I had an issue with my garage shot (& inner loop) as well. I ended up moving the rail above the upper flipper and the rail leading to the garage using the yelowbird and iepinball modifications as a guide. I drilled a new hole for each rail (first tab hole) and tucked one rail tab under the black wood side rail on both of them. I kept the lightbulb on the garage rail, but it’s right up against it. It shoots very nicely now. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Both your changes look like exactly what I did. I reviewed the other posts and tried to emulate the fixes. That smooth feed off the right orbit it the biggest improvement I made to the game. Having the ball return smoothly to the flipper vs hopping out all the time is soooo much better.

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

The PF isnt looking so barren anymore. I know toys and mods are hit or miss with the Pin crowd, but I like them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jesus.

#7712 3 years ago

There are really 25 dimensions in the game right now?

Had friends over Saturday and played for a few hours. I remember fart, scream, no ramps. Maybe one or two more? Was drinking.

We don't suck either. We all had games around 10m.

Please don't worry about punishing less skilled players at my house.

#7713 3 years ago

I mean these are on location as well. Think of the guys paying 2 dollars a game. They’ll never see anything beyond 2 dimensions.

#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Had friends over Saturday and played for a few hours. I remember fart, scream, no ramps. Maybe one or two more? Was drinking.

I prefer the way it is currently set up, blocking some adventures out of the first set, it makes some adventures more exclusive and keeps dimension chasing interesting over time. If a setting to completely randomize dimensions was included, I would definitely not use it. Not everything in the game should be immediately available to all players in every play through.

I noticed if you start multiball in an adventure, Rick will sometimes comment on a special type of multiball relative to the adventure. Has anyone else noticed? Neat easter egg (and there are quite a few other hidden secrets in the game).

#7715 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I had an issue with my garage shot (& inner loop) as well. I ended up moving the rail above the upper flipper and the rail leading to the garage using the yelowbird and iepinball modifications as a guide. I drilled a new hole for each rail (first tab hole) and tucked one rail tab under the black wood side rail on both of them. I kept the lightbulb on the garage rail, but it’s right up against it. It shoots very nicely now. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't like the rail exit that close to the flipper. If you have the ball exit above the flipper and don't flip, it will graze the flipper rubber and go to the center drain.

#7716 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I prefer the way it is currently set up, blocking some adventures out of the first set, it makes some adventures more exclusive and keeps dimension chasing interesting over time. If a setting to completely randomize dimensions was included, I would definitely not use it. Not everything in the game should be immediately available to all players in every play through.
I noticed if you start multiball in an adventure, Rick will sometimes comment on a special type of multiball relative to the adventure. Has anyone else noticed? Neat easter egg (and there are quite a few other hidden secrets in the game).

I really like Rick's multiball call outs, some of my favorites. Like "are you ready for this intense multiball shit morty" or "dirty dirty multiballs!"
Can't remember them exactly, but they fit the moment so perfect.
I love this games "moments" I think the difficulty of some of the shots rachets up the intensity
It's kinda made some of my other games feel less of a rush...

#7717 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't like the rail exit that close to the flipper. If you have the ball exit above the flipper and don't flip, it will graze the flipper rubber and go to the center drain.

If I don’t flip it, the ball hits the middle of the bottom right flipper and bounces to the left flipper.

#7718 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

If I don’t flip it, the ball hits the middle of the bottom right flipper and bounces to the left flipper.

Perfect!

#7719 3 years ago

Seems like everyone has preferences for HOW the dimensions are to show up. I think most "home players" would like to have the OPTION of random dimensions. Not sure how hard it would be to add that option to the SETTINGS menu but why not just do that and allow home players to set their games up as they wish -- as opposed to forcing them to play a certain way that is mostly set up for top-end & tournament players? Just seems like the OPTION would allow everyone to be happy.

#7720 3 years ago

I could play this all night and never even think of hitting the magna save till the ball is already dropping in the outhole and Rick is calling me a piece of shit.

#7721 3 years ago

Just invoiced and paid for 373. Stoked!

#7722 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just invoiced and paid for 373. Stoked!

Fantastic news!

When did you get your build sheet?

#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I'm going to look at the modifications you mentioned. I hate to have to do so much DIY on a pin layout,was hoping Spooky would have done these as a running fix.

#7724 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

It takes some time and focus to get to the deeper dimensions. Honestly that’s a good thing. It keeps players coming back for more. The lazy ass in me just wants instant access to all the crazy higher level dimensions, but the pinball addict in me loves tracking them down one by one. Found night vision last night, twilight zone and all buttons activate all flippers tonight. It’s tough because you get into a new dimension and have no idea how to play the game suddenly (see no pop bumper dimension). This game is so damn good.

2F4644E0-81D8-4E75-A5F2-DD29A39715AE (resized).jpeg2F4644E0-81D8-4E75-A5F2-DD29A39715AE (resized).jpeg
#7725 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm going to look at the modifications you mentioned. I hate to have to do so much DIY on a pin layout,was hoping Spooky would have done these as a running fix.

Agreed. I received my #284 last week and have probably played around 100 games so far, hit the left orbit garage shot (from top right flipper), maybe 10 times in all. Just doesn't seem to connect. I thought I just sucked but I guess I have to get someone to take a looksie and fix it up a little.

#7726 3 years ago

Has anyone else had restart issues during game play on the latest code?

#7727 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

I haven't had too many, but I do know if you restart during the green and yellow swirl bonus countdown lighting it can get stuck on the playfield for at least until the end of the first ball in the next game and sometimes longer.

#7728 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Agreed. I received my #284 last week and have probably played around 100 games so far, hit the left orbit garage shot (from top right flipper), maybe 10 times in all. Just doesn't seem to connect. I thought I just sucked but I guess I have to get someone to take a looksie and fix it up a little.

You should definitely check it out. I hit it about 4-5 times per game. I've even gotten a garage shot off of the lower slingshot once.

#7729 3 years ago

My 21 year old son made a video of our Rick and Morty unboxing.

#7730 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Oh yeah, I didn't catch the typo. A very Jerry move on my part.

I also did a typo on my post from 8 years ago it seems, I called them lightening flippers... maybe a variant that somehow makes the player loose weight...

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If a setting to completely randomize dimensions was included, I would definitely not use it.

That's the beauty in having it as an option... those who want to fully randomise it can use it, those who don't, don't have to. Would be a fairly easy option to code in I imagine, keep everyone happy... win-win.

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadetreasures:

That got me even more excited to receive mine!!! Kudos to your boy

#7733 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Fantastic news!
When did you get your build sheet?

11/11

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

I am getting restarts but I think they are related to an electrical problem -a loose connection somewhere- seem to happen when I am getting excitable and throwing the machine around esp during multiball

#7735 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

I am getting restarts but I think they are related to an electrical problem -a loose connection somewhere- seem to happen when I am getting excitable and throwing the machine around esp during multiball

During multiball or just before multiball when it starts?

#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Seems like everyone has preferences for HOW the dimensions are to show up. I think most "home players" would like to have the OPTION of random dimensions. Not sure how hard it would be to add that option to the SETTINGS menu but why not just do that and allow home players to set their games up as they wish -- as opposed to forcing them to play a certain way that is mostly set up for top-end & tournament players? Just seems like the OPTION would allow everyone to be happy.

Good point

#7737 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadetreasures:

-- Nice video work - good to see a kid with talent, and not one of those TikTok hacks

-- Your FedEx driver looked possibly more excited to check out the game than you were! I feel bad for the remaining people on his route, all waiting for their deliveries.

-- You must be a very dedicated pinhead, to have gotten that many games into that house that was clearly not designed with moving pinballs in mind.

#7738 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I really like Rick's multiball call outs, some of my favorites. Like "are you ready for this intense multiball shit morty" or "dirty dirty multiballs!"

My favorite call-out is after the game is over and Rick says something about "rocking Jessica's world" because you can actually hear Justin start to break as he recorded it!

#7739 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Played a while last night (not drinking) and realized there were more dimensions we got to see on Saturday than I remembered.

Someone asked about resets. Pretty sure the game reset itself at least twice over a few hours play on Saturday. We also had to turn it off/on at least 2 different times to reset it because the balls in play were just ending for no reason.

Overall, extremely happy with the game. Once the reset bugs are worked out, it will be 100% killer.

#7740 3 years ago

I am a vote for leaving dimensions as-is.
There should be things that you only get to see in a good game, things that you need to earn and play well to obtain.
Not everyone will battle the King of Payne on Medieval, or attack Mars on AFM, so what? That doesn’t mean those modes should just be thrown at you if you change a setting.
If you must have the OPTION, then take the option to close up the outlanes and put long ass flippers on your game so you can’t drain.
That sounds better than trying to force change to the way that the game was intended, if the programmer wants it that way.

#7741 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are those adjustable flippers? WTF?

Quoted from pinballslave:

Well spotted, yes... WTF?

That sounds amazing... I love quirky stuff like that... must check out the tilt forum to get the full low-down!

Quoted from rai:

No more flipper gap?

Yup those are Ad-pins. Adjustable from +5mm to -2mm.

My wifes ghostbuster has them, and I had an extra set from another game I sold. So I put them on R & M to see how it shoots.

Honestly, everyone (wife, friends, etc) enjoy's the game so much more now.

My wife just likes to flip, she's not into grinding and such.

So I'm leaving them. If things get too easy.. takes 10 seconds to adjust them.

#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

There should be things that you only get to see in a good game, things that you need to earn and play well to obtain.
Not everyone will battle the King of Payne on Medieval, or attack Mars on AFM, so what? That doesn’t mean those modes should just be thrown at you if you change a setting.
If you must have the OPTION, then take the option to close up the outlanes and put long ass flippers on your game so you can’t drain.
That sounds better than trying to force change to the way that the game was intended, if the programmer wants it that way.

I don't agree with your comparisons.

Totally understand if things stay the way they are because the programmer wants it that way, but he has been swayed before. Can't hurt to ask. There are many default settings that can be changed in the game.

I'm going to be okay if he doesn't put in the option. If he adds it, I'd probably use it if friends are coming over to check out the game. I think getting to see more of the game would add more wow factor.

If dimensions are to be treated as mini wizard modes, then disregard everything I'm trying to say.

#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

This sounds like apples and oranges to me. I wouldn't want wizard-mode type things to be made instantly available. But mode-type things should be accessible for variety. It's the main thing I don't like about games like Road Show, too rigid and you see the same initial modes over and over. In that game I wouldn't want a setting that gave you early access to the wizard mode, but being able to play the cities out of order would have made that game better.

Locking down dimensions feels more like always starting with Howard Hurtz in Medieval versus rotating between the king's men on your way to the King of Payne. I understand all the king's men are essentially the same, just trying to use your MM analogy.

#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I take it that's a vote for having them totally randomised as an option, and then choosing to not select that option...

#7745 3 years ago

If you're still waiting on your machine and wondering where they're at in the process, I got word that #379 went on the line today. Hope this helps!

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I don't think an option is a bad thing, but I agree that the current set up is great. Basically to have a chance at finding a new dimension beyond the standards, a player needs to get 6-7 dimensions deep. It's definitely not easy, but very doable. To me the challenge makes finding new dimensions more rewarding once you get there (much like your wizard mode analogies). Bottom line is different strokes for different folks.

#7747 3 years ago

So I setup mine up two days ago and the game is very fun. Played it for hours at a time with no resets after I fixed a minor issue (lastest code factory installed)

-At first after setup I had a issue with the game shutting down after starting Grom Mulitball and noticed something funny where I would qualify the second lock and it would instantly phantom lock. Check the switch test and an opto in the horseshoe was in the active position (amazing graphic interface and a great help a noob like me)
TLDR recrimped opto 5 molex now works as intended
No restarts since the fix 4-5hrs of straight game playing

-I already had on hand the No Fear disk to "fix" the right flipper and it worked out great! I can stage flippers and the button feels more solid

-I can hit all shots after playing with flipper angles no rail adjustments needed (thinking sliding a few rails out to make it smoother but not 100% required) the top of loop under the house the ball can get clunky but I am still trying to figure out what it is.

-I think monks flipper fan mod should fix any flipper power issues because the fade is noticable after long play and I can make the left ramp (still the hardest and least hit shot for me) from a cradle but after long play it's more 3/4th the ramp then making it. (6.6-6.7 pitch)

My long-playing is based on games played and not ball time because my highest score is only 10mil.
This game is alot of fun and is factory settings except I added the training wheels of left trough and a loop ball save.

Things to do
-replace the rubber on the left of the horseshoe to a smaller one to prevent SDTM on a fast shot that bumps the rubber on the way out
-Add hot glue to one connector that likes to shake loose from the deep rumbling of the shaker motor randomly

#7748 3 years ago

Im curious as to some of the machines that shipped earlier had either white or maybe translucent post protectors in the upper field (on the ramps and so forth) Also saw some machines that had other colored bands on the flippers....I assume those were added afterwards by the owner. My machine (312) shipped with all black. Is this how all machines ship, or is it more pot luck with Spooky? Sorry this is my first Spooky machine. BTW - Most fun I have ever had with any pin...the quality of the playfield and interaction is off the charts fun.

IMG_0181.jpgIMG_0181.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0183.jpg
#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from jayfrost:

Im curious as to some of the machines that shipped earlier had either white or maybe translucent post protectors in the upper field (on the ramps and so forth) Also saw some machines that had other colored bands on the flippers....I assume those were added afterwards by the owner. My machine (312) shipped with all black. Is this how all machines ship, or is it more pot luck with Spooky? Sorry this is my first Spooky machine. BTW - Most fun I have ever had with any pin...the quality of the playfield and interaction is off the charts fun.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sure they switched to the black ones due to durability issues with the clear ones. Mine are black.

Be glad you didn't get my machine. My game was delivered on Monday right after yours and 48 hours later I still have not played a game yet. Working through a laundry list of issues and I don't even know what might still be ahead of me if/when I get to play it. Been a pretty frustrating experience so far.

#7750 3 years ago

Can someone please help me understand what the different editions are of this game? I know there is a Blood Sucker edition, but don't know what that means in terns of differences and don't know what other different editions there are...

I'm getting pulled into wanting one of these, and want to know which edition to track down if I should come off the fence totally!

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/155?hl=izzy24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.