(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 405.
#7651 3 years ago
Quoted from jayfrost:

Thought I would update this thread with delivery info. Machine number 312 is now (rightfully) sitting home in Chicago. As the machine was very cold since it was stored in a trailer for delivery over the weekend, it will be resting and warming up before powering it on. Glad its home and looking forward to trying it out very soon.
[quoted image]

Make sure your machine legs are not pushing into the cabinet. If you look straight down at them you should see a very small gap between the leg and the cabinet. I have #313 and my 2 front legs had the issue.

By the way, did you get the Rick edition?
I think I see a bottle of whiskey under that pinball machine!

Time to get wrecked! For science.

#7652 3 years ago

It seems strange to me that people keep saying it's always both front legs. I can't imagine how but is it somehow possible the cabinet at the front isn't square?

#7653 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Someone has posted a while back a link or pic to a leg bolt shim/spacer that slid over the leg bolt and protected the leg itself from the bolt gouging it...can you repost the link...can't seem to find it..Thanks

Here's my post about it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/142#post-5935612

The leg protectors I added on top of the bolt: https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-nylon-leg-and-bolt-protectors.html

#7654 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Make sure your machine legs are not pushing into the cabinet. Ic you straight down at them you should see a very small gap between the leg and the cabinet. I have #313 and my 2 front legs had the issue.
By the way, did you get the Rick edition?
I think I see a bottle of whiskey under that pinball machine!
Time to get wrecked! For science.

jayfrost - I was going to say this same thing. Did you just have your game delivered from Chris today? I'm #311 and I met him to get mine later this morning. He said Spooky told him the issue was resolved, but I got a mark on my cabinet just tightening the legs while it was still vertical. I'm putting some Pinball Life Bally legs on in the meantime.

BTW - Spooky also put the wrong coindoor on my game (black when it was supposed to be purple) so I've got 2 issues and I haven't even set up the game yet. It's feeling like I may have the Jerry edition...in spirit at least.

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

It seems strange to me that people keep saying it's always both front legs. I can't imagine how but is it somehow possible the cabinet at the front isn't square?

Think of the angle a pin sets at. All the legs have the same issue (being too narrow of an angle). The front is just where the issue shows as players are nudging the game and causing the legs to dig in the into the cab. The back legs have less torsion and therefore are less of a problem. All the legs that have an angle under 100 degrees need to be replaced. No amount of adding any kind of protectors is going to change that.

#7656 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I bought a machine without lighted speakers. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit them or install another kit?

Call and buy the kit it it would have come with? PBL maybe if Spooky doesn't have to sell?

#7657 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

jayfrost - I was going to say this same thing. Did you just have your game delivered from Chris today? I'm #311 and I met him to get mine later this morning. He said Spooky told him the issue was resolved, but I got a mark on my cabinet just tightening the legs while it was still vertical. I'm putting some Pinball Life Bally legs on in the meantime.
BTW - Spooky also put the wrong coindoor on my game (black when it was supposed to be purple) so I've got 2 issues and I haven't even set up the game yet. It's feeling like I may have the Jerry edition...in spirit at least.

Cheeks Yep Chris delivered it this morning. I saw yours covered up in the trailer. Glad it found its way home.

I was very lucky in that so far everything that was suppose to be delivered has been. The legs are perfectly squared off and not pinching on the sides. As many have mentioned before...this thing shakes and rattles like a Model T. And this is the first machine I have owned that has such a loud fan....I did buy the replacement fan kit and that has jumped to the top of the list.....also the topper can be a bit loud but bearable.

I played a few games and wow....its tough, but I laughed so much that at times I missed the ball completely. Excited to get better and put some real mileage on this machine.

#7658 3 years ago

Couple of question from a curious potential member to this club:

1) What's the best things about this game...?
2) Is there a family setting? I want my fucking 11 year old daughter to like it.

Thanks!

#7659 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

2) Is there a family setting? I want my fucking 11 year old daughter to like it.
Thanks!

1 Theme and integration
2. Yes you dial up the percentage of F bombs in the software.

#7660 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes you dial up the percentage of F bombs in the software.

How do the F bombs get dealt with? I'm assuming they are bleeped out, or are the call-outs changed to eliminate them?

#7661 3 years ago

How do the F bombs get dealt with? I'm assuming they are bleeped out, or are the call-outs changed to eliminate them?

A bit of both. Depends how high you dial up the adult setting. They really did a good job on making this game friendly where needed.

#7662 3 years ago

In addition to removing the speaker grill, I added this MDF spacer to my subwoofer. It helped move the cone suspension away from the cabinet cutout. Much clearer bass now.

https://www.amazon.com/Audiopipe-RING-10BZ-Speaker-MOUNTING-RECESSED/dp/B01DL1RQ56

I had to drill holes in the spacer and use longer machine screws. I also had to remove some staples in the ground wire to get it over the lip of the spacer to reattach it to the subwoofer.

I still have a small amount of rattle to ferret out. Even with three layers of felt tape, the plastic track at the top of the glass is still making noise on really low notes.

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

In addition to removing the speaker grill, I added this MDF spacer to my subwoofer. It helped move the cone suspension away from the cabinet cutout. Much clearer bass now.
amazon.com link »
I had to drill holes in the spacer and use longer machine screws. I also had to remove some staples in the ground wire to get it over the lip of the spacer to reattach it to the subwoofer.
I still have a small amount of rattle to ferret out. Even with three layers of felt tape, the plastic track at the top of the glass is still making noise on really low notes.

What is the speaker grill you are referring to? I don't see one under my woofer. When I look under the cabinet, there only appears to be a soft, mesh screen in the speaker hole, not a (assumed metal) grill that might cause rattle.

#7664 3 years ago

Thanks!

Can’t understate the rules on this game, and though it shoots tough it is highly combo-able. Also ripping the spinner will hook about any player.

#7665 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Can’t understate the rules on this game, and though it shoots tough it is highly combo-able. Also ripping the spinner will hook about any player.

The rules are amazing easy to “get” after a handful of games and come easily. The lit shots and Rick yelling at you instructions at times is straight forward

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

What is the speaker grill you are referring to? I don't see one under my woofer. When I look under the cabinet, there only appears to be a soft, mesh screen in the speaker hole, not a (assumed metal) grill that might cause rattle.

The mesh vibrates so much it creates more ratios to entire unit actually.

#7667 3 years ago

One thing I've picked up on that adds fun and uniqueness to this game are things like modes that, for example, make all flippers flip at once, and isn't there a mode that counts the number of flips and ends when you hit a certain number?

And how does the timer between the flippers tie in with things?

Any other unique stuff like that that I've missed?

Isn't there a shot that requires you to hit the pop which is the left sling and then drain immediately, or have I mis-understood that one?

#7668 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Then you need to read my PM

All hail boognish!!

#7669 3 years ago

One thing I've picked up on that adds fun and uniqueness to this game are things like modes that, for example, make all flippers flip at once, and isn't there a mode that counts the number of flips and ends when you hit a certain number?
And how does the timer between the flippers tie in with things?
Any other unique stuff like that that I've missed?
Isn't there a shot that requires you to hit the pop which is the left sling and then drain immediately, or have I mis-understood that one?

I think what you are referring to are the dimensions. Dimensions are currently my favorite thing to chase in the game. Last I read in the tilt forum there are 25. One deactivates the pop bumper, some don’t affect any mechanics of the game but change scoring. Last night I got to the black ops mode. The entire pf goes black then when the lights come back on there is nothing but night vision green.

#7670 3 years ago

The PF isnt looking so barren anymore. I know toys and mods are hit or miss with the Pin crowd, but I like them.

PXL_20201117_014658015 (resized).jpgPXL_20201117_014658015 (resized).jpgPXL_20201117_014701551 (resized).jpgPXL_20201117_014701551 (resized).jpgPXL_20201117_014705289 (resized).jpgPXL_20201117_014705289 (resized).jpg
#7671 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

The PF isnt looking so barren anymore. I know toys and mods are hit or miss with the Pin crowd, but I like them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those adjustable flippers? WTF?

#7672 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Well spotted, yes... WTF?

Quoted from JustEverett:

I think what you are referring to are the dimensions. Dimensions are currently my favorite thing to chase in the game. Last I read in the tilt forum there are 25.

That sounds amazing... I love quirky stuff like that... must check out the tilt forum to get the full low-down!

#7673 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No more flipper gap?

#7675 3 years ago

Well I never! Great idea for getting kids more into the game... especially those too small to do some serious slap-save maneuvers!

#7676 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I think what you are referring to are the dimensions. Dimensions are currently my favorite thing to chase in the game. Last I read in the tilt forum there are 25. One deactivates the pop bumper, some don’t affect any mechanics of the game but change scoring. Last night I got to the black ops mode. The entire pf goes black then when the lights come back on there is nothing but night vision green.

How many dimensions did you reach in one game? I keep seeing the same 3 or 4.

#7677 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I think they really fit well on this pin

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Me too should be more random so we can get more variety.

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The farther or more dimensions you go, they get more diverse or bad/good for you.

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think last night was my most ever at 7. My only complaint with the dimensions would be that it is so tough to ever see them. It would be cool if they were totally random or maybe an option to make them random. I could see wanting to have them in a set order for tournament play to keep everyone on equal footing. But in a home environment, it would be nice to have them totally random just so they can be experienced.

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Here I was thinking lighting flippers were the way to go

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Me too should be more random so we can get more variety.

So how random are they at the moment?

Quoted from JustEverett:

Here I was thinking lighting flippers were the way to go

You mean there's a flipper to has lights in them to provide some lighting?

#7683 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I think last night was my most ever at 7. My only complaint with the dimensions would be that it is so tough to ever see them. It would be cool if they were totally random or maybe an option to make them random. I could see wanting to have them in a set order for tournament play to keep everyone on equal footing. But in a home environment, it would be nice to have them totally random just so they can be experienced.

Yes. I hate the scream and fart dimensions but those are most of what I ever see. I’m completely hopeful for total random option.

#7684 3 years ago

I believe I’ve only seen the fart and scream and water and TNA dimensions. Probably was some others but can’t remember. Also I’d like if they had some description call outs to say what the dimensions are. Other than this is a good dimension (or such).

Lightning flippers are slightly shorter than standard are used on BSD for one example.

#7685 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Lightning flippers are shorter than standard are used on BSD for one example.

And Fish Tales.

Which is the GOAT.

#7686 3 years ago

I googled lighting flippers to drop a link here for you and the first thing that came up was this thread you started 8 years ago...damn that's funny. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lightening-flippers

#7687 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe I’ve only seen the fart and scream and water and TNA dimensions. Probably was some others but can’t remember. Also I’d like if they had some description call outs to say what the dimensions are. Other than this is a good dimension (or such).
Lightning flippers are slightly shorter than standard are used on BSD for one example.

I like them, also, I don’t want to see random, want to have to earn the new/good stuff, make me work for it so when I get there I feel an accomplishment in the game and go wow, cool, something I haven’t seen

#7688 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I like them, also, I don’t want to see random, want to have to earn the new/good stuff, make me work for it so when I get there I feel an accomplishment in the game and go wow, cool, something I haven’t seen

Settings in the game would be cool. Everyone can play how they want. Lots of people will never see more than a few if it's rigid.

#7689 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m completely hopeful for total random option.

This would be really great if the dimensions could be a selectable option in the menu to be randomized. I have lost a lot of dexterity and motor control on my left side, so I am an even worse player than I used to be. The odds of me ever seeing anything beyond underwater dimension are very slim.

#7690 3 years ago

Anyone else have a heart or others things drawn on the cabinet by the spooky minions?

7BBEA100-F3C4-478F-9B33-DBE076B8BB61 (resized).jpeg7BBEA100-F3C4-478F-9B33-DBE076B8BB61 (resized).jpeg
#7691 3 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Anyone else have a heart or others things drawn on the cabinet by the spooky minions?[quoted image]

Is it a heart or a badly drawn tattoo you logo...?

https://favpng.com/png_view/tongue-the-rolling-stones-tattoo-you-concert-tour-ramones-png/HhUCw9WG

#7692 3 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Anyone else have a heart or others things drawn on the cabinet by the spooky minions?

I have the same heart, same place.

#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I have the same heart, same place.

Mine was drawn with a silver pen.

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Night vision dimension is very impressive.

#7695 3 years ago

Re: All the dimension talk - Right now in the game, you start with a "Feature" dimension, then a "Positive" dimension, then a "Negative dimension" and then it repeats that order. Certain dimensions are more drastic/difficult, like the Black & White and Night Vision feature dimensions, or the negative dimensions that affect the flippers, so those are limited to appearing not in the first set so that we're not punishing less skilled players. I'm trying to get a few more first-pick-safe feature dimensions made so that there can be more variety for that first choice, but no timeline for when those might be added.

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I googled lighting flippers to drop a link here for you and the first thing that came up was this thread you started 8 years ago...damn that's funny. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lightening-flippers

That's funny!! So by lighting flippers you mean lightning flippers... I get it now

#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Re: All the dimension talk - Right now in the game, you start with a "Feature" dimension, then a "Positive" dimension, then a "Negative dimension" and then it repeats that order. Certain dimensions are more drastic/difficult, like the Black & White and Night Vision feature dimensions, or the negative dimensions that affect the flippers, so those are limited to appearing not in the first set so that we're not punishing less skilled players. I'm trying to get a few more first-pick-safe feature dimensions made so that there can be more variety for that first choice, but no timeline for when those might be added.

This sounds like the perfect implementation and I was going to post it as an idea, but sounds like it's already there. I don't know because my game that I was supposed to get a week ago was delayed by a month or so due to some ordering mixups by my distributor. I was thinking that you could have like 2 to 3 tiers of difficulty on the dimensions with each tier being randomized. So for 25 dimensions, you might end up with something like 15 easier dimensions that all get randomized at tier 1. If you make it past those, you get another 5 or so that are randomized at tier 2 and then if you make it past those, you get another 5 that are randomized at tier 3. Numbers could be shifted of course, but rewards people who get deep into a game to see things others haven't. If all the dimensions were randomized equally, it removes the incentive to get deep into the game IMHO.

Keep up the good work Eric and can hardly wait to get my game.

#7698 3 years ago

Is that a dimension that plays the music from TNA instead of this game's music, or is there other TNA stuff going on?

I love the TNA music probably more than any music in any pin I know... it would be my main driving factor for getting that game, plus the cool female futuristic sounding callous... I'm drawn by the gameplay in this pin more than TNA though, and the artwork... so I want TNA for the music and this game for the gameplay and art... but I can't justify having both games... now if the amazing, kind and highly customer focused people at Spooky Pinball could squeeze in the TNA soundtracks into this pin and have that as an option to play the TNA music permanently, that would be truly awesome and all it would take to knock me well and truly off the fence I'm teetering on!

#7699 3 years ago

Is that a dimension that plays the music from TNA instead of this game's music, or is there other TNA stuff going on?
I love the TNA music probably more than any music in any pin I know... it would be my main driving factor for getting that game, plus the cool female futuristic sounding callous... I'm drawn by the gameplay in this pin more than TNA though, and the artwork... so I want TNA for the music and this game for the gameplay and art... but I can't justify having both games... now if the amazing, kind and highly customer focused people at Spooky Pinball could squeeze in the TNA soundtracks into this pin and have that as an option to play the TNA music permanently, that would be truly awesome and all it would take to knock me well and truly off the fence I'm teetering on!

TNA music but also ramps don’t exist in TNA do they don’t score points in this dimension.

#7700 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This would be really great if the dimensions could be a selectable option in the menu to be randomized. I have lost a lot if dexterity and motor control on my left side, so I am an even worse player than I used to be. The odds of me ever seeing anything beyond underwater dimension are very slim.

Or a challenge mode where you can just pick a dimension or series of dimensions to play instead of a normal game. Ghostbusters God mode, JP challenge, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/154?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.