(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 405.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

The wife might call me a Jerry for driving 2 hours away to go play a pinball machine though....[quoted image]

If she calls you a Jerry, ask her "are you gonna keep hating this playa or are you gonna jack my steez?"

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

If she calls you a Jerry, ask her "are you gonna keep hating this playa or are you gonna jack my steez?"

“Stop shifting the crosshairs to my ironic urban patois just because your relationship with your father is toe-up from the flow-up.”

#653 4 years ago

Hoping for a fake door dimension. Or maybe a mini mode.

#654 4 years ago

From Pringles, i thought it was kinda funny

FED7F06C-A6EF-4E60-B8AD-47FD8E6D4BEC (resized).pngFED7F06C-A6EF-4E60-B8AD-47FD8E6D4BEC (resized).png
#655 4 years ago

Haunted House Party dimension? It should be included to honor the history of the rumormill.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

It's a really tough call isn't it? Both work really well. The black trim blending with the artwork sky makes it look integrated as opposed to "afterthought".
Another thing to love about this company is how they shared the color name / recipe a while back. So you can always go purple later on, even if you don't decide until after delivery. And as a standard buyer I appreciate being grated the potential ability!
Personally I'm thinking black trim but purple legs - both as respectively integrated extensions of the cabinet art - could be pretty sweet.

Yeah tough choice. I'm going with the "if in doubt, max it out!" Lol

Black I would generally prefer for several reasons, but I think the purple looks better overall, here's why ....

The black matches the dark sky on the font of the cab so the sky blends together with the door, but the door contrasts with the lower front of the cab. This makes it look kinda half and half, slightly odd. Like there is part of the landscape missing, and the black sky strangely extends down beyond the horizon. Just looks a little wierd due to the sky being black as well.

With the purple, the door is contrasted against the entire front, allowing it to have a "hovering" or "in front of" kinda look. Like as if the Sky And Landscape are Both "behind" the coin door. Looks more.... complete, tidy, right. Also, every other bit of trim on the game including legs and speaker panel are purple, and it seems to make the black door look a bit more out of place.

I'd like to see how it looks with purple frame and black door. But to achieve that I'd just go standard full purple door and get a spare black door to bolt in (even just for the chance the purple door panel could get kneed in on site).

Purple door option I think....

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

I noticed in the most recent pictures that the Coin door still cuts off the top of the "Rick" on the Rick and Morty Lettering, i remember a while back there was talk that was going to be recentered so it was not cut off on the top. Does anyone know if that was ever addressed/fixed or are the final machines going to have that slight overlap? Love the look of the machine either way, just something I thought of with all this coin door talk!

FYI... my pics were NOT current.

#658 4 years ago

I can't photo shop it into a game, but here is a black coin door, purple frame.
Sorry about the decal, kinda stretched it taking it off.

PurpleFrame (resized).JPGPurpleFrame (resized).JPGComparison (resized).JPGComparison (resized).JPG
#659 4 years ago

Here is a coin door with vacuum metalized silver Bezels from Pinball Life
It really brings out the silver flake in the paint.

https://www.pinballlife.com/vacuum-metalized-silver-bezel-kit-for-most-stern-coin-doors.html

Coin Door Silver Bezels (resized).JPGCoin Door Silver Bezels (resized).JPG
#660 4 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

I noticed in the most recent pictures that the Coin door still cuts off the top of the "Rick" on the Rick and Morty Lettering, i remember a while back there was talk that was going to be recentered so it was not cut off on the top. Does anyone know if that was ever addressed/fixed or are the final machines going to have that slight overlap? Love the look of the machine either way, just something I thought of with all this coin door talk!

The said that it was just cut off on the prototype and that its slightly adjusted the on the production games. I think they may have recycled old photos recently.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It was good playing with you Chris! I thought there was a shaker in the game with the way the game shook. A shaker would really be overkill as you get enough feedback already. The audio and bass really sound exceptional on this game, and there were a bunch of callouts that i didn't notice the last time I played it. The more I play the game the more I love it! I'm much more dialed into the left ramp and scoop shots now and was able to hit the portal shot off the upper right flipper a number of times. The game is challenging but fair. As you play it more the shots do start to feel more natural and I was even able to save the ball a few times with the magna-save this time. This is the most fun I've had with a new game in a while!

Yeah, the magna-save is TONS of fun. We both had the ball yanked out of the outlane more than once, and oftentimes it just nicely dribbled over the sling for a controlled shot. I wish the game started with a bit of juice in the anti-grav, cause it's so much fun to use!

It was nice to watch you slide the poor thing around and show me that the game isn't tough, it's just that I suck at pinball.

#662 4 years ago

So....the "family" adjustment is only for the callouts, right? No video censoring? I expected lots of blood and guts, but the repeated stabbing thing in purge mode might not fly with my wife/kids.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I wish the game started with a bit of juice in the anti-grav, cause it's so much fun to use!

A fully charged magna-save could be a cool award given for a successful skill shot from a launched ball.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

So....the "family" adjustment is only for the callouts, right? No video censoring? I expected lots of blood and guts, but the repeated stabbing thing in purge mode might not fly with my wife/kids.

Cartoon stabbing cant be even close to what these kids see these days that we're not aware of, unless they are quite young. I'm not worried about my teens, i'm sure i'm naive about that they know/seen.

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Cartoon stabbing cant be even close to what these kids see these days that we're not aware of, unless they are quite young. I'm not worried about my teens, i'm sure i'm naive about that they know/seen.

I agree for older kids/teens. Mine are sub 10 and definitely aren’t at that level of violence desensitization yet. This would be a jump forward on that scale. Maybe I need to leave it in the box for a few years? I would definitely deserve some kind of patience award for that. Keeping it elsewhere (like at a friend’s house) is probably a more reasonable approach. No way it’s in my house and the kids never get to play it. That’s just weird. We’ll see how this plays out....

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, if they are even near smartphones and tablets or have friends with them, all bets are off. We adults let that genie out of the bottle years ago. All those memes we think we're so clever about? Kids see and send the same ones (and more), harvest them from the same sites...

But honestly, we were animals back in middle school. As for violent cartoons, who remembers Tom & Jerry shorts with their lavishly fluid "meat cleaver" sound effects? Back then we didn't have school shooting drills to contend with either. Speaking of school, how many elementary kids do you see with Deadpool backpacks? More than a few around here and I would consider R&M a nursery rhyme compared to Deadpool.

Kids these days are savvier than you think, and cartoon violence is nothing new. Have a dialog and put it in context with them. Laughing with my kids and watching them "get" some of the more intelligent jokes in shows like R&M has been pretty nifty at times.

But no harm in admitteding violence ticks a negative vein. I can respect that. If that's the case then this is not the pin for you, no more so than T2 or Judge Dredd or Walking Dead...

#667 4 years ago

They pull the video straight from the show so there wouldn't be a way to censor it other than possibly putting in an option in the menu to disable certain modes completely. Bottom line is that it will never reach a level of "family friendly" for a lot of families. I've found that if you don't make a big deal about that stuff then my kids are generally oblivious to it.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A fully charged magna-save could be a cool award given for a successful skill shot from a launched ball.

That WOULD be a good award... I sure as heck needed it today. Still it fills pretty quick but nothing worse than hearing that "depleted" sound while you're still wrangling with the ball. Lotsa fun.

#669 4 years ago

It looks like CT won't be getting one for a while.

Anyone know if/when it will hit NYC?

#670 4 years ago

Everyone at the local IO Arcade monthly tourney is loving it!

32 player digging the R&M

024381C0-A3D8-4E71-84FC-6732FCF4ABBA (resized).jpeg024381C0-A3D8-4E71-84FC-6732FCF4ABBA (resized).jpeg
#671 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I wish the game started with a bit of juice in the anti-grav, cause it's so much fun to use!

It does! About 2 seconds’ worth at game start. Enough time to save the ball? Definitely

#672 4 years ago

Everybody can make up their own mind of the violence stuff, but for my 7yo it's a bit much. We're starting to introduce them to more "grown-up" media, but this is like going straight from Elmo to Human Centipede. We'll probably leave it powered off when the kids are around, and introduce them slowly over the next year or two.

Quoted from bkerins:

It does! About 2 seconds’ worth at game start. Enough time to save the ball? Definitely

Wow, I stand corrected! It looked empty to me, but maybe I just laid on it like a gorilla and drained it early when trying to save.

I'm SO glad the feature made it in the game. There's no better feeling than pulling the ball out of the outlane with the magnasave!

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

...there wouldn't be a way to censor it (video) other than possibly putting in an option in the menu to disable certain modes completely.

For those of us who are in on this and excited about it but have young children, this would be a freaking AWESOME feature. Maybe a menu in settings that could toggle individual modes on or off? epthegeek is that possible? Pretty please?

#674 4 years ago

#35 is up and running at Main Street Amusements in downtown Lafayette IN!

IMG-6631 (resized).jpgIMG-6631 (resized).jpg
#675 4 years ago
Quoted from msadan:

#35 is up and running at Main Street Amusements in downtown Lafayette IN!

A TNA, too!?

Daaaaamn.

#676 4 years ago

For those of us who are in on this and excited about it but have young children, this would be a freaking AWESOME feature. Maybe a menu in settings that could toggle individual modes on or off? epthegeek is that possible? Pretty please?

Just put some cardboard over the screen.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just put come cardboard over the screen.

Phrasing.

#678 4 years ago

I think I'm team black coin box door. but it's a hard one.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think I'm team black coin box door. but it's a hard one.

I think I'm going black personally because I think the miniverse mod will stand out more with a black door. That being said, I'm talking out of my ass.

#680 4 years ago

Honestly--and I'm in the target market for a feature like this too--I think you'd have to lose almost all the video. Each mode has lots of headshotty and stabby violence, and there's more of it outside the modes, too (like every time you get a ball save). It would be a ton of work, and even if Eric put the time in, the game is still filled with audio clips that aren't exactly Carlin's Dirty Words, but not exactly Teletubbies, either.

If there's a kid safe mode for R&M, it would have to be the display showing a static picture of a unicorn with only your scores overlaid.

Which would be kind of amusing.

#681 4 years ago

Kid Video Mode should Trigger the Jerry Features:

Human Music, Infinte Ball Save, .10 Point Magnifier and tons of lame encouragement callouts.

All with Jerry Delivering Water on Looped Video.

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Kid Video Mode should Trigger the Jerry Features:
Human Music, Infinte Ball Save, .10 Point Magnifier and tons of lame encouragement callouts.
All with Jerry Delivering Water on Looped Video.

My kids would love that!

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My kids would love that!

Mine would, too. And it would amuse the hell out of me to watch them play that version of the game knowing what awaited the minute they went to bed and I flipped the adult switch....

#685 4 years ago

Trying to make a "kid friendly" version of a pin themed on an adult cartoon is asking quite a bit. This was an adult theme going in and they have made efforts to try and tame the language, but while I completely respect folks trying to protect their kids from the violence/language, asking them to completely censor just about every video aspect of the game is too much. People should have known what to expect when they bought the pin. It is an adult cartoon and the game pays tribute...

Personally, I would rather Eric spend time coding what is already on his list of "yet to come", than see him try and reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

And I am team purple coin door

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So Jerry day care?

If they wanted to go crazy with it, they could make 2-3 really lame Modes.

Daycare

Jerry Develops and App

Take 2 Strokes off Jerrys Golf Game

At least we'd get to see Doofus Rick.

I'm just joking around as i don't have kids and would never let them near Rick and Morty before their 15th birthday if i did.

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Trying to make a "kid friendly" version of a pin themed on an adult cartoon is asking quite a bit. This was an adult theme going in and they have made efforts to try and tame the language, but while I completely respect folks trying to protect their kids from the violence/language, asking them to completely censor just about every video aspect of the game is too much. People should have known what to expect when they bought the pin. It is an adult cartoon and the game pays tribute...

I totally agree that it’s a lot to ask. And yet I am a pinball addict. There. I said it. I’m hooked. I’m also a parent. I thought it was worth asking/suggesting since I know I’m not the only one in my shoes. It rarely hurts to ask.

#688 4 years ago

Got mine on Tuesday. #9. It's amazing! Some tough shots, and its fast, but a great pin! Callouts and show clips are awesome. Full swearing mode is a lot of fun. Will be on site at The Silver Ballroom in St. Louis soon. After I tear it up in the living room for a while!

20200220_131230 (resized).jpg20200220_131230 (resized).jpg
#689 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Everybody can make up their own mind of the violence stuff, but for my 7yo it's a bit much. We're starting to introduce them to more "grown-up" media, but this is like going straight from Elmo to Human Centipede. We'll probably leave it powered off when the kids are around, and introduce them slowly over the next year or two.

Wow, I stand corrected! It looked empty to me, but maybe I just laid on it like a gorilla and drained it early when trying to save.
I'm SO glad the feature made it in the game. There's no better feeling than pulling the ball out of the outlane with the magnasave!

I'm curious as to how different/more effective thisnmagnasave is versus Black Knight SOR.. that magnasave does nothing bit frustrate me as it slows the ball but never saves it from outlane drain...

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'm curious as to how different/more effective thisnmagnasave is versus Black Knight SOR.. that magnasave does nothing bit frustrate me as it slows the ball but never saves it from outlane drain...

Magnasave in R&M is bloody perfect!

A skill based ability and totally fair and doable. I save lots of balls with it and in may different ways/styles of use.

BKSOR is a joke in comparison.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Magnasave in R&M is bloody perfect!

A skill based ability and totally fair and doable. I save lots of balls with it and in may different ways/styles of use.

How'd things wind up with League Night?

I imagine the machine is all dialed in and shooting dreamily by now?

#692 4 years ago

Cardboard over screen, volume zero. Done!

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

It’s in a place that makes it usable as a Magna Save

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

It’s in a place that makes it usable as a Magna Save

Yeah it's a great mini game in itself. You can't just have it grab the ball, let go and have it fall into the inlane. It stops the ball pretty reliably but then it may sway to the right and left... so for me the trick was to try to let go as it swayed towards the inlane.

Pretty awesome game... real pretty to look at too. Couple of the shots were tough but so satisfying to hit. Might be a perfect home game in that regard. I had some issues getting the ball to settle down when trying to trap and shoot (and you *really* need to not flail in this game) but that may be my unfamiliarity to the slightly less steep setup of this particular machine. Or the silicone bands... I'm used to super bands but these felt very different. Plus I plain sucked on this particular outing

I did get to see a fellow player finish the "life of..." mode and that was cool. He had a bad life and died horribly but I love this mode. Wish all modes took different paths and could be finished like this one. Playing pinball to narration works surprisingly well. Who'd figure?

I do wish the sound effects for the ramps could be cranked up a bit. Nailing the left ramp is so satisfying but there doesn't seem to be enough audio "oomph" to go with it. All other other sounds were great... ball lock, spinner, etc...

Great job by the Spooky team!

#695 4 years ago

Thinking Butter and Purple Coin door.

#696 4 years ago

I’m also a parent.

Is there even a single clip in this game that ISN'T violent? The match screen has them blown up and their guts scattered over the room. Simply put this isn't a family friendly game and never will be.

I'm a parent to a 5-year-old and I don't protect him from the world. We sit and watch Rick and Morty together but he understands that cartoons aren't real life. My Demolition Man has the swear ROMs in it. Basically, you can't really stop them from seeing this stuff if they want to see it so trying to hobble everything in a misguided attempt to do so is mostly a waste of time.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

How'd things wind up with League Night?
I imagine the machine is all dialed in and shooting dreamily by now?

fantastic! I won lol

that rarely happens as I rarely play in league.

R&M is playing great. It was a great opportunity for me to see people learn the game. At start of the night people were getting 1 mil games. By end of night, people were finding shots and putting up 5-9mil which appears to be a solid game (multiballs, multiple modes, etc...)

Everyone appears to be liking the game as people were clamoring to play between rounds.

I genuinely like this game. It has been a while since a game had me this excited to go play.

#698 4 years ago
google wubba lubba dub dub (resized).pnggoogle wubba lubba dub dub (resized).png
#699 4 years ago

This reminds me of the people who were at the most recent star wars movie with their kids. One with light up shoes and the other one was crying half the movie.

We got a sitter so we could go see it. You know what happens if we couldnt? WE DONT GO SEE THE MOVIE.

I think it applies here. Pin is too graphic? DONT GET THE PIN.

Just my $0.02. Or keep it in the box and sell it for 10k later. Its your choice. I think the friends house is your best bet. Thats where mine is going. Bro in laws house a couple miles away. 100% fucking swearing.

#700 4 years ago

Nice to see games are popping up on location. I wonder how long until we have another stream for R&M? No offense to those who participated in the deadflip stream, but I’m looking forward to seeing a top shelf player who’s had a chance to learn it flip it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/14?hl=viperjelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.