(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 405.
#7351 3 years ago

How wide is the topper? My basement ceiling joists are 84" from the carpet and the space where the topper would sneak up between them is 14" wide

Quoted from northerndude:

It’s about 87” tall with topper.
Pin is 75”
Topper 12”

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can someone please tell me how tall is the green disc?

https://images.pinside.com/b/24/b24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5/resized/large/b24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5.jpeg

b24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5 (resized).jpgb24db0ed8006affa06243cb3e6fb493e599a4dd5 (resized).jpg

#7354 3 years ago

The portal disc isnt a perfect circle. At its widest point is about 10 3/8" across.

#7355 3 years ago

What are others' longest combo? My max is 7 shots so far.

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

How wide is the topper? My basement ceiling joists are 84" from the carpet and the space where the topper would sneak up between them is 14" wide

Full height with topper is about 89". Topper width at 84" from floor is about 12" across so you should be fine.

#7357 3 years ago

The earlier backside pic of the topper showed what looked like a big heat sink on the back of the topper bracket.

My topper bracket doesn't have that. Mine is just a flat piece of sheet metal. Does everyone else's topper have something on the back as in the pic below?

rps20201108_185048 (resized).jpgrps20201108_185048 (resized).jpg
#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What are others' longest combo? My max is 7 shots so far.

We had a party here for my wife's 40th, and our good friend , but pinball novice, Angie linked up a 9 shot combo, she really enjoyed R&m, and played it all night

My best is probably 7, I've gotten 6 loops before
And 4 loops to garage

IMG20201109181112 (resized).jpgIMG20201109181112 (resized).jpg
#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Ok update, found missing cord, up and running but topper not functioning.

check the wires leading to the topper motor. one of mine broke right at the lug connection to the motor so I had to re-solder it. a better solution would have been to use crimped connectors to slide onto the motor lugs.

the wire was very short and taught with no slack, so that could have been the cause for it breaking

#7360 3 years ago

Thanks! I was hoping it would just squeeze in there. Just have to be careful to position the machine just right.

Quoted from docquest:

Full height with topper is about 89". Topper width at 84" from floor is about 12" across so you should be fine.

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

For me it was definitely a combination of the theme and Scott. I'm a big fan of Spooky and TNA, so I couldn't pass it up. You don't get passion from any other pinball company out there, but Spooky and their whole team are diehard pinheads (and it shows). Hell look at Eric in the threads constantly talking to everyone. Eric killed the commentary during the DF stream too. How much more do have to say before someone says I need to suck a d*ck? jfc

Ever heard of American pinball? They are just as passionate, and they are on the forums like Scott is, helpful and going above and beyond.
*Disclaimer, I own neither Spooky or AP pins. Someday!

#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ever heard of American pinball? They are just as passionate, and they are on the forums like Scott is, helpful and going above and beyond.
*Disclaimer, I own neither Spooky or AP pins. Someday!

Congratulations, you pulled a quote from 8 months ago and made some non sequitur statement. I like American too, so I'm not sure why you would feel the need to make your statement. Pinside never ceases to amaze me.

#7363 3 years ago

We have a new leader!

DSCN7325 (resized).JPGDSCN7325 (resized).JPG
#7364 3 years ago

I received my machine yesterday (the first in Australia to do so, I’m told) and it hasn’t been the best experience. I started feeling anxious when I noticed the top of the box was bulging and had a tear in it (image 1)

Here is my list of day 1 woes:

- Chip in butter cabinet (front left) - image 2.
- Cabinet splits in both front sides - image 3, 4.
- Coat pooling under leg area on front left - image 5.
- Left ramp was not aligned with hole in back wall and dug into it. image 6.
- “Hardware Connection Failed” error at boot up. Power cable to board in backbox unplugged. All good now.
- Right speaker not working. Caused by broken clip that holds the end of the wire in the receiver in the cab. Reassembled the clip. All good.
- Ball save timer screen not displaying all sections of the numbers. Loose cable under the screen. Keeps coming loose every few games.
- Phantom ball locks occurring a lot. The game erroneously thinks a ball has been locked in the horse shoe and then launches a second ball into play. Flippers stop after one of the balls has drained. I’m on latest code - 2020.10.12
- Game reboots when another ball is in play due to a phantom ball lock situation and Gromflomite MB is started.

I've emailed Spooky and am awaiting a response.

IMG_8891 (resized).jpegIMG_8891 (resized).jpegIMG_8895 (resized).jpegIMG_8895 (resized).jpegIMG_8896 (resized).jpegIMG_8896 (resized).jpegIMG_8897 (resized).jpegIMG_8897 (resized).jpegIMG_8898 (resized).jpegIMG_8898 (resized).jpegIMG_8913 (resized).jpegIMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
#7365 3 years ago

Crappy for a couple of those items for sure. The connections, thats been pretty normal. I bet the cabinet corner split must be all the movement for being in transit that long?

#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I received my machine yesterday (the first in Australia to do so, I’m told) and it hasn’t been the best experience. I started feeling anxious when I noticed the top of the box was bulging and had a tear in it (image 1)
- “Hardware Connection Failed” error at boot up. Power cable to board in backbox unplugged. All good now.
- Right speaker not working. Caused by broken clip that holds the end of the wire in the receiver in the cab. Reassembled the clip. All good.
- Ball save timer screen not displaying all sections of the numbers. Loose cable under the screen. Keeps coming loose every few games.
- Phantom ball locks occurring a lot. The game erroneously thinks a ball has been locked in the horse shoe and then launches a second ball into play. Flippers stop after one of the balls has drained. I’m on latest code - 2020.10.12
- Game reboots when another ball is in play due to a phantom ball lock situation and Gromflomite MB is started.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa man! ...

When my TNA arrived I got the box separately, it was "New Out of Box" lol, the staples couldn't hold the box together very well on their own at all after a few handlings... I know I dodged a bullet with it. I'll say Bills Pinball Transport saved my arse on that one!. The box wanted some glue or something in combination with the staples.

About 10 days to go here, mine has to travel the breadth of Oz still yet as well... we will see how that goes I guess fingers X'd, I'll certainly post for the occasion!.

#7367 3 years ago

That’s a bummer dude.

Was the delivery insured?

Sounds like damage from transportation like Northerndude stated.

#7368 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that stinks. I bet if the leg protectors weren't on the machine the front of the cab would have split completely apart. I'd guess the machine was dropped somewhere along the journey. Damn.

#7369 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear. I wonder if the box was tipped over or was trucked by one of the wrong sides?

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Crappy for a couple of those items for sure. The connections, thats been pretty normal. I bet the cabinet corner split must be all the movement for being in transit that long?

I have a used Alien machine that came from Netherlands to Oz ... +2 months ocean freight And a shipping transfer/reload... a couple of thumb screws rattled out of the coin mech holder in the coin door, but no rickety or split cabinet corners with that cabinet, and that is a machine full of bulk weight!. Idk?

See what #500 looks like when it gets here I guess ....

#7371 3 years ago

I love this game, the most fun and funniest game I’ve owned.

#7372 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Glad you posted mate. I was really dismayed when I read your email about the issues and it didn't particular help settle my concerns about our shipment. I'm gonna have to say your example is enough to unfortunately nullify my thoughts of last week (when in discussion with wcbrandes about his Canadian experiences) that hopefully Spooky took some extra care before sending those machines on their way all the way down here to Aus. That's in particular recognition of the fact we have no local distributor to fall back this time who might have had a general spares inventory say to fall back on instead say having to wait on the factory to most likely mail out replacement parts via (now extremely slow since covid) mail/ remotely assist owners via email. At this stage it's very early and we all await other owners getting theirs during the next week. So far it sounds like Mark's one is ok but he hasn't really commented any further as yet. One owner managed to misinterpret the power supply settings and fire his one up at 115V setting with 240V power breaking the power supply. I won't have time to pick mine up till next Monday at this stage (all going to plan). Trying not to get too nervous meanwhile

Quoted from gac:

Man that stinks. I bet if the leg protectors weren't on the machine the front of the cab would have split completely apart. I'd guess the machine was dropped somewhere along the journey. Damn.

Quoted from jonesjb:

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear. I wonder if the box was tipped over or was trucked by one of the wrong sides?

He's one of the local guys who may have even picked it up himself. So very little transport involved from the container at that. That's what makes it more worrying.

EDIT: Have since heard another Aus owner is having issues with his display not working. This owner is quite proficient at tech as well and can't seem to find anything obvious.

#7373 3 years ago

Driving to Spooky on Wednesday to pick up my game... YAY!!!!!!!

Can’t go inside though because of Covid... BOO NOT COOL!!!!

Does anyone know if the spooky box is the same size as a boxed JJP pin? I just picked up GNR about a month ago and that fit inside my Pilot (box and all) so I’m guessing RM will fit too with the box?

Appreciate any info on this.

#7374 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Driving to Spooky on Wednesday to pick up my game... YAY!!!!!!!
Can’t go inside though because of Covid... BOO NOT COOL!!!!
Does anyone know if the spooky box is the same size as a boxed JJP pin? I just picked up GNR about a month ago and that fit inside my Pilot (box and all) so I’m guessing RM will fit too with the box?
Appreciate any info on this.

If you are picking it up, they will have it wrapped (no box). If you asked for the box, it will be strapped to a pallet (and can't be placed on its side).

BTW...Congrats on your game!!!

#7375 3 years ago

The way Spooky straps to pallet the box is attached to the pallet so when you remove the straps the box is not really closed anymore.

#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

If you are picking it up, they will have it wrapped (no box). If you asked for the box, it will be strapped to a pallet (and can't be placed on its side).
BTW...Congrats on your game!!!

Cool, thanks.

I guess I don’t really need the box...

#7377 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I'm sorry for that game it's a bit of a mess, I bet the games must've been dropped in transit.

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm sorry for that game it's a bit of a mess, I bet the games must've been dropped in transit.

Exactly what I was thinking.

#7379 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

- Ball save timer screen not displaying all

Maaate, that's a bit of a shit outcome. And so far away from spooky, I hope they can make it all right by you.
Best of luck Aussie brother

#7380 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Exactly what I was thinking.

I made of point of mentioning a bit earlier, on the owners behalf, this is out of the container, not some careless secondary transport scenario. It was also noted out of the container to the owner by fellow member Cooked71 (who is helping with temp storage) that this box had the issues as described. The owner lives in Sydney and had an experienced and extremely well regarded (in the pinball community) specialist transporter who is also engaged to also take another 5 machines interstate deliver it to him. Also, the other owners in the southern states have all engaged another specialised pinball transport to their locations, so no excuses for theirs to have any 'in country' transport issues either.

#7381 3 years ago

cant see how the game was damaged if all shipped in a container from spooky as it wouldnt have been packed that way

#7382 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

cant see how the game was damaged if all shipped in a container from spooky as it wouldnt have been packed that way

Unloading the container with a forklift (or moving it around the receiving warehouse). Pretty clear it was dropped.

#7383 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unloading the container with a forklift (or moving it around the receiving warehouse). Pretty clear it was dropped.

Yes likely, the hole in the top of the box wouldn’t have been there when it left the factory.

#7384 3 years ago

See what #500 looks like when it gets here I guess ....

Mine is #499!! Good God you receive a pin that screwed up!!! I'd send that dog back!! P.S.Justeveret,you don't have to downvote this post!! We understand your feelings!!

#7385 3 years ago

I'm wondering if Eric could chime in here how much variation the coil strength settings provide? I continue to have flipper fade issues (after 30 minutes of play the left ramp is not possible) and from my experience the coil settings do not make any difference. Maybe the range of power between 30 and 50 is just very small? Or maybe increasing the value causes more heat generation and faster fade?

#7386 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Next, the speaker grille is an obvious source of rattle and we advise our customers to simply remove it.

I just removed the speaker grille as PinWoofer suggested and it definitely improved bass clarity.

#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I have a 2007 Pilot and had to remove everything but the plastic wrap to get it to *just* fit. The height of the folded down back box was what made it tough. Length and width was fine. I suspect that folding the middle row seats forward would have made it easier because they have a slight upward angle, which likely elevated the pin once it was almost in. I’ve transported other pins without an issue in the same Pilot.

A number of other folks commented in this thread that they didn’t have any issues hauling pins with their Pilots from different years.

Congrats on getting schwifty tomorrow!

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely looks like a drop or at least a tip over during transit. That's the top end of the box, so if it tipped over it could have split the cab like that. Makes me think Spooky should start using those shipping tip-o-meters like JJP games have on the box. Man it would suck to ship a game half-way across the world only to see a game has tipped in shipping and have to not accept the shipment.

#7389 3 years ago

I like how DP uses the Tip & Tell and the Drop & Tell. When a game shows up and the box looks ok your probably not going to ask the driver to hang out while you unbox it. If my game shows up and either of the 2 indicators have been activated I’m not signing for the game!
519F6FF8-3A55-4B3D-BB6D-34F9F93E8075 (resized).jpeg519F6FF8-3A55-4B3D-BB6D-34F9F93E8075 (resized).jpeg85BD0F95-3C36-4AAE-8E34-05F5C7F77D85 (resized).jpeg85BD0F95-3C36-4AAE-8E34-05F5C7F77D85 (resized).jpeg89529C7E-31F7-4983-9727-156F4C0863B4 (resized).jpeg89529C7E-31F7-4983-9727-156F4C0863B4 (resized).jpeg

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I like how DP uses the Tip & Tell and the Drop Tell.

JJP uses the same system.

#7391 3 years ago

Can I pay for Tip-n-tell and Drop-n-tell to be added to my game before its shipped?
Who would I contact?

I looks like to add the 2 indicators is less than $7.

#7392 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm wondering if Eric could chime in here how much variation the coil strength settings provide? I continue to have flipper fade issues (after 30 minutes of play the left ramp is not possible) and from my experience the coil settings do not make any difference. Maybe the range of power between 30 and 50 is just very small? Or maybe increasing the value causes more heat generation and faster fade?

On Sterns the difference between "normal" and "high" when they used those for settings was about 5%.

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Yes a higher power will result in higher temps and reaching high temps faster. Eric commented the other day on it. Might be a few pages back by now. He said you shouldn't really go above 40. He seemed to say there were diminishing returns on strength the higher you went and there wouldn't be much difference between 40-50 except for the amount of heat generated.

#7394 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Yes a higher power will result in higher temps and reaching high temps faster. Eric commented the other day on it. Might be a few pages back by now. He said you shouldn't really go above 40. He seemed to say there were diminishing returns on strength the higher you went and there wouldn't be much difference between 40-50 except for the amount of heat generated.

Good to know, thanks. I'm at 40 now, so I'll back down a bit. Hoping for a coil cooling kit soon.

#7395 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Good to know, thanks. I'm at 40 now, so I'll back down a bit. Hoping for a coil cooling kit soon.

I’m probably stating the obvious, but has it been a while since the ramps have been cleaned of grime and wax? And are the flaps on tight? These can slow the ball on the ramp.

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

It's pretty close. Waiting on the Spooky-specific wiring harnesses and still getting final beta test temp numbers. Should be good to go in maybe 10 days?

#7397 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m probably stating the obvious, but has it been a while since the ramps have been cleaned of grime and wax? And are the flaps on tight? These can slow the ball on the ramp.

Ramps are cleaned and waxed and flaps are flush with the pf. I've been working this problem pretty much from my first game, and Spooky has been helping. Originally I could barely ever make the left ramp. With pinside and Spooky's help, I can now make the ramp until the flipper strength fades from heat.

#7398 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's pretty close. Waiting on the Spooky-specific wiring harnesses and still getting final beta test temp numbers. Should be good to go in maybe 10 days?

Great news, count me in immediately!

#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Great news, count me in immediately!

Yeah, looking at the right flipper temps, R&M would be in the "Severe" fade category after 60 minutes of play. The fans wipe out that problem completely. I imagine anyone that plays their machine with any regularity will want a set.

#7400 3 years ago

While this is great news for long play don't you think there is a different issue going on here if the ramp is not possible after 30 minutes of play? I'd bet there is friction at play in the coil/sleeve/stop, etc.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, looking at the right flipper temps, R&M would be in the "Severe" fade category after 60 minutes of play. The fans wipe out that problem completely. I imagine anyone that plays their machine with any regularity will want a set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
9,999 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/148?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.