(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 404.
#7301 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rick and Morty seems to be worse than the other spooky ones tested so far (on the right flipper, mainly as it gets a workout). Although of all the machines tested so far, Stranger Things is the champ with temps that maxed out my gauge at over 157 degrees (so I don't know how high STh goes).
But in general, with coils you're fighting the laws of thermodynamics. Energy is converted to action and heat, and if there's not enough time between pulses to let the heat dissipate, the heat continues building, which increases resistance, which increases heat, in a loop. Unlike the other coils in the game, the flippers are firing all the time with few pauses of more than a few seconds, so they just build up heat, which affects their performance over time. Some games are better at building pauses into the action that gives the coils time to cool for short bursts. The fans just help continuously dissipate the heat to prevent heat buildup and in turn electrical resistance. All of that said, if your playing time is 30 minutes or less, you don't have to worry about fade. It only happens over time, but once it starts, it only gets worse unless you let the machine rest (and the heat of the coils dissipate).
Here's a really easy explanation of electrical resistance:
https://nationalmaglab.org/education/magnet-academy/watch-play/interactive/heat-resistance

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

#7302 3 years ago

That would probably be a pretty good idea. I'll edit my post later today with a picture or two

#7303 3 years ago

Is there a Rick and Morty Pinball soundtrack out like TNA to download or purchase? I want to bump the Underwater Dimension Music in my truck while I drive around so I can look super cool. That’s super important to me. That has to be my favorite of all the music on the machine. Cool to hear the nod to TNA as well.

#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Is there a Rick and Morty Pinball soundtrack out like TNA to download or purchase? I want to bump the Underwater Dimension Music in my truck while I drive around so I can look super cool. That’s super important to me. That has to be my favorite of all the music on the machine. Cool to hear the nod to TNA as well.

Not yet. I am working on it.

#7306 3 years ago

Just curious if this look right...I recall there being a portal effect in the garage when I played this a long time ago. I just got my machine and it looks off to be able to see the LED bulbs in the garage and no portal effect swirling in the garage. If this is how it’s supposed to be, is there a mod to cover those bulbs out of direct view?

7A935FCE-15BB-4056-8520-7F4CB6766A9A (resized).jpeg7A935FCE-15BB-4056-8520-7F4CB6766A9A (resized).jpeg7C9DFFF5-28D6-444D-8D24-77BCC78E9B72 (resized).jpeg7C9DFFF5-28D6-444D-8D24-77BCC78E9B72 (resized).jpeg
#7307 3 years ago

I was able to push the right orbit lane guide back a bit. There’s some play in the screw holes. Now the guide lines up closer to the upper flipper before my ball would not roll across the flipper rubber it was in air rolling down. Hopefully this will make the upper flipper shots more makable. Spooky should put a straight edge on the guide to see if it’s lining up before it shipped because it’s easier for them to do than after we get home. The meeseaks plastic is hard to remove because of the ramp stilt is glued right next to one of the nuts impossible to remove nut with the stilt in place.

#7308 3 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Just curious if this look right...I recall there being a portal effect in the garage when I played this a long time ago. I just got my machine and it looks off to be able to see the LED bulbs in the garage and no portal effect swirling in the garage. If this is how it’s supposed to be, is there a mod to cover those bulbs out of direct view?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've always thought this should have worked better, from my viewpoint the reflection of the led's isn't lined up well, it's sort of half on/half off the plastic over the hole. I think if you were 8 foot tall it might work

#7310 3 years ago

#285 delivered today.

C7681C21-1BAB-4F2C-A80C-44198E103B3E.jpegC7681C21-1BAB-4F2C-A80C-44198E103B3E.jpeg
#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

#285 delivered today.
[quoted image]

Fantastic,Does it actually play out of box???

#7312 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Fantastic,Does it actually play out of box???

I assumed I would have issues with the upper flipper shots but they both work perfectly out of the box. However I did have to adjust most of the switches.

The lower flippers were misaligned and a pain to adjust due to the tight spaces under the playfield. I adjusted the audio levels and added anti rattle tape on the glass first. The game sounds great with no loud rattling.

There are still a few ball guides and feeds that need tweaking but overall it’s playing great. I’ve been buying most new games for years and this isn’t that far out of line from the usual amount of work I put into them.

This was nothing compared to getting my stranger things Le to play well.

#7313 3 years ago

How tall is that topper? I can't fit anything more than 9" tall. . Are there any other aftermarket toppers for this?

#7314 3 years ago

Hi All - Are there any recommended kits/connections to connect an external subwoofer to R&M? Anyone care to share pics of their hookup of what they used and how they connected it? Thanks

#7315 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

How tall is that topper? I can't fit anything more than 9" tall. . Are there any other aftermarket toppers for this?

It’s about 87” tall with topper.

Pin is 75”
Topper 12”

#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Topper is roughly 12 inches tall.

#7317 3 years ago

Damn, is it interactive or just decorative ? Can it be removed without causing and issues to the machine software ?

Quoted from gac:

Topper is roughly 12 inches tall.

#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Damn, is it interactive or just decorative ? Can it be removed without causing and issues to the machine software ?

A plug and 3 screws simple removal. Though simply moving the holes in the bracket you could move it down enough to fit.

#7319 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Damn, is it interactive or just decorative ?

It activates with the portal, so slightly interactive

#7320 3 years ago

I didn’t see the topper in the indexed options post. Is that selectable with other options?

If so, what’s the price?

#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I didn’t see the topper in the indexed options post. Is that selectable with other options?
If so, what’s the price?

It comes free with the game.

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi All - Are there any recommended kits/connections to connect an external subwoofer to R&M? Anyone care to share pics of their hookup of what they used and how they connected it? Thanks

I’m interested in this also. Is it merely removing the cabinet subwoofer wires and running them out the speaker hole to a passive boxed sub?

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I’m interested in this also. Is it merely removing the cabinet subwoofer wires and running them out the speaker hole to a passive boxed sub?

Yep. Easy peasy. You can even crimp a connection for them if you like. Some people just use alligator clips. I would loop the wire around something inside though in case it gets pulled you aren’t yanking on anything.

#7324 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Yep. Easy peasy. You can even crimp a connection for them if you like. Some people just use alligator clips. I would loop the wire around something inside though in case it gets pulled you aren’t yanking in anything.

But can you have both hooked up at the same time? Assuming so, would you just clip to the connectors on the cabinet sub and run them to the external sub? Or would this cause a problem because of the amp?

#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

But can you have both hooked up at the same time? Assuming so, would you just clip to the connectors on the cabinet sub and run them to the external sub? Or would this cause a problem because of the amp?

It’ll change the load on the amp which could be a problem, but I suppose it negates the vibration issues, so I’d assume unhooking the cab speaker would be needed.

#7326 3 years ago

Played Rick and Morty for the first time. I want one now. Great job!! Now to read this thread start to finish.

#7327 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Most decent subs take both active and passive signals, so no it should be fine.

#7328 3 years ago

I did an alligator clips from cabinet speaker to external sub just like all my other pins, it works fine this allows both the cabinet sub and external sub to work at the same time. I turned the power/volume knob down on the amp.

#7329 3 years ago

Whoa what happened to the powdercoating in that pic!?! ... looks like the ramp wire bends on instalation and removal or something? ... and it's mostly flaked off!?

That method of holding the ramp down by Spooky is certainly... interesting.

Looks like a bit more precision might be worthwhile when bending that bit of the ramp sometimes, perhaps?, to prevent the launch malfunctioning. Most don't have this problem though either hey?. Even in best case I still can't imagine quite how the curved ramp anchor end design and a straight drilled hole in wood?? , could ever mate together too well (if that is what that is)?.

The patchup solution you have there looks like it's doing the job pretty well, as long as the fix stays in place... I fear it may only be temporary. I rekon that ramp anchor is probably going to flop around more and more every launch, til the rubbers eventually work their way down and the malfunctioning comes back again and so then stuck again with the same problem.

I suppose could use superglue, and scrape it off each time we want to remove the ramp ....

#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Whoa what happened to the powdercoating in that pic!?! ... looks like the ramp wire bends on instalation and removal or something? ... and it's mostly flaked off!?

From the wireform wiggling up and me pushing it back down.. the rubber was pretty tight so maybe it pulled the powder coat with it? no idea

#7331 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

From the wireform wiggling up and me pushing it back down.. the rubber was pretty tight so maybe it pulled the powder coat with it? no idea

Part of the idea of powdercoating is that it's a tough durable protective coating. It is also fairly rigid, and doesn't like being on stuff that bends substantially. It flakes off, even more easily if it is not prepared and stuck well.

I have been very uneasy from the start with this thing about Bending powdercoated wire around all over the place willy nilly, and the flexing associated with the thin wire being pounded by the ball, especially at the excessive overhangs..

Looks like a very well built game overall. But letting it down, the launch wire ramp seems like it could have been better implemented somehow. All things considered, a minor and maybe subjective issue. Still, nothing that could stop me from loving this awesome game!.

#7332 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A plug and 3 screws simple removal. Though simply moving the holes in the bracket you could move it down enough to fit.

can you elaborate? How can you make the topper 3" smaller?

#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

can you elaborate? How can make the topper 3" smaller?

Heres an old post showing some measurements I made.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/17#post-5488738

I think you could only lower the topper by about an inch or so if you made new bracket holes. If you want to lower it more than that you need to start cutting plastic.

The connector to the topper is shared with other wires so you can't just disconnect it without affecting other things. So to remove the topper you need to pull the topper specific wires from that connector or cut the wires going to the topper and install an interconnect. I cut the wires and added a new connector to make it easier to reinstall when I bring the game to shows. Cant wait until pinball shows come back!

topper control signals (resized).jpgtopper control signals (resized).jpgtopper interconnect (resized).jpgtopper interconnect (resized).jpg
#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/17#post-5488738
I think you could only lower the topper by about an inch or so if you made new bracket holes. If you want to lower it more than that you need to start cutting plastic.
The connector to the topper is shared with other wires so you can't just disconnect it without affecting other things. So to remove the topper you need to pull the topper specific wires from that connector or cut the wires going to the topper and install an interconnect. I cut the wires and added a new connector to make it easier to reinstall when I bring the game to shows. Cant wait until pinball shows come back![quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting. Surprised there isn’t a good way to disconnect the topper like this from the factory.

#7335 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The connector to the topper is shared with other wires so you can't just disconnect it without affecting other things. So to remove the topper you need to pull the topper specific wires from that connector or cut the wires going to the topper and install an interconnect. I cut the wires and added a new connector to make it easier to reinstall when I bring the game to shows. Cant wait until pinball shows come back![quoted image][quoted image]

Omg , I can’t believe no one else is having and issue with that design. It’s great that the topper is free but having to cut the connector to remove the topper is crazy.
Can someone snap a pic of the topper bracket? I have 83.75" clearness for my ceiling.

If I cut the wires will it cause the machine not to function?

#7336 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Omg , I can’t believe no one else is having and issue with that design. It’s great that the topper is free but having to cut the connector to remove the topper is crazy.

Maybe I'm the only one with a low ceiling so far LOL.

It's not that big a deal to add the interconnect but it would have been nicer if it was already there from the factory. I'm guessing Spooky didnt add the interconnect because the topper was a last minute addition the the game.

I made my own smaller topper using a desk statue I got at gamestop. It has Rick and Morty coming through the portal with a Gromflomite behind them. It doesnt spin like the original but I put in 2 green flashers driven by the original signals so they come on and off appropriately during gameplay. I could make a few more if any other "low ceiling challenged" pinsiders need one but arent handy doing it themselves.

homebrew topper (resized).jpghomebrew topper (resized).jpgtopper dome inserted left (resized).jpgtopper dome inserted left (resized).jpg
#7337 3 years ago

Unless something changed I simple unplugged the provided plug and done. No cutting wires.

E8A7195E-5AF9-4E25-97E0-834047FA7288 (resized).pngE8A7195E-5AF9-4E25-97E0-834047FA7288 (resized).png
#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Unless something changed I simple unplugged the provided plug and done. No cutting wires.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I had a fairy early game, maybe they added an interconnect on later games?

What's that big metal thing on the back of your topper bracket near the bottom? It almost looks like a heat sink. I don't have that on mine. I also dont have what ever that white rectangular block is in the middle. Is that a big sand resistor?

Maybe I got the Jerry edition topper, LOL.

#7339 3 years ago

Ran into a bug. I was shooting the inner loop with the spinner and fondling a lot of balls. At some point I activated the ship for the second ball lock. I don't know if it was right after lock activated or not but the game auto launched another ball. At first I thought i'd started a meeseeks or something but that wasn't the case. This has happened once before but didn't result in a crash.

With 2 balls in play I locked the second ball in the ship. The game immediately started multiball but before it was even done playing the animation the game reset.

The autoplunge is not in the logs so I don't know why that happened. But here's the crash info

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./RMGame.py", line 1243, in <module>
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 86, in run_proc_game
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 1411, in run_loop
File "./procgame/game/game.py", line 742, in run_loop
File "./procgame/game/game.py", line 622, in process_event
File "./procgame/game/game.py", line 648, in switch_event
File "./procgame/game/mode.py", line 415, in handle_event
File "./procgame/game/mode.py", line 239, in handle_event
File "./my_modes/BallSwitchMonitor.py", line 240, in sw_rightOrbit_active
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 671, in notifyModes
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 596, in notifyNextMode
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/procgame/game/skeletongame.py", line 567, in notifyNextMode
File "./procgame/game/advancedmode.py", line 69, in handle_game_event
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 303, in evt_left_orbit
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 416, in process_jackpot
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 444, in show_jackpot_display
File "/data/proc/HHP/RickAndMorty/my_modes/GromflomiteBattle.py", line 685, in set_jp_value_text
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_text'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./RMGame.py", line 1247, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_text'
Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SDL_DestroyWindow'" in <bound method Window.__del__ of <sdl2.ext.window.Window object at 0x7f6c14abdb90>> ignored
Exception TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound method Renderer.__del__ of <sdl2.ext.sprite.Renderer object at 0x7f6c149241d0>> ignored

I did see this in the log that might need fixing. My quick googling gave a couple of suggested fixes. I don't know what the impact of the underrun is so if it's not really anything maybe this isn't high priority.

ALSA lib pcm.c:8526:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

One last thing I saw in the logs that is probably nothing.

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2020-11-08 17:41:10,110 - game.sound -ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/voice/DirectHit1.ogg does not exist!
2020-11-08 17:41:10,111 - game.sound -ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/voice/YouMissed2.ogg does not exist!

I'm assuming the sound files are left over dev stuff and weren't removed from the config that loads all the sounds.

PS: epthegeek can I get into the beta builds so that I can help you fix anything I find?

#7340 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Interesting. I had a fairy early game, maybe they added an interconnect on later games?
What's that big metal thing on the back of your topper bracket near the bottom? It almost looks like a heat sink. I don't have that on mine. I also dont have what ever that white rectangular block is in the middle. Is that a big sand resistor?
Maybe I got the Jerry edition topper, LOL.

I don't have anything on the back of mine and it's #262 so he must have added something (does look like a heatsink). The white thing in his picture is another connector though.

#7341 3 years ago

Here are my Mondo R&M figures mounted. I mostly copied Krsmith9 design. They are mounted to a thin board. Used 12V LED spotlights and connected the spotlights to the 12V from the backbox LED strips.

B40 (resized).JPGB40 (resized).JPGB41 (resized).JPGB41 (resized).JPG
#7342 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Here are my Mondo R&M figures mounted. I mostly copied Krsmith9 design. They are mounted to a thin board. Used 12V LED spotlights and connected the spotlights to the 12V from the backbox LED strips.

How tall are those? Those look almost as tall as orignal topper.

#7343 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

How tall are those?

The Rick figure is just as tall as the portal.

#7344 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Whoa. That looks so familiar.

#7345 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Whoa. That looks so familiar.

Lol. Hope your loving the game!!!

#7346 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

I am confused, does the later versions of the game only have a topper power connector or is the motor connector still need to be snipped?

#7347 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

So how tall is your version?

#7348 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

So how tall is your version?

The Rick figure is 12 inches tall. Also the later machines do have a plug to easily remove the topper.

#7349 3 years ago

#84. Connector

CE43DFBA-6033-4B50-81E8-82F9D9482C97 (resized).jpegCE43DFBA-6033-4B50-81E8-82F9D9482C97 (resized).jpeg
#7350 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me how tall is the green disc?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/147?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.