(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 405.
#7201 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

My two cents...
I’ve had Dead Pool premium for 2 years now. And the sound was “Meh”
So recently I spent a little money on a speaker upgrade (Flipper Fidelity) to make it better, louder and have more bass. Definitely a plus with the music in this pin.
Well I never had the glass rattle before and now I do! So I have to install some anti rattle tape to address it or turn it down. Go figure.
Spooky puts good speakers in their games and we’re complaining about rattling? Would it be better if they used the cheap shit speakers that Stern does?

You're completely missing the point, though; the speakers are great, the bass levels are great, the music is great...the problem is the rattle caused by those. If I put in aftermarket speakers and it rattles, that's my own problem to deal with because it's an aftermarket mod and is not what the game/cabinet was designed around (the tolerances are different). If I buy something and don't modify it, it should work as designed and as intended. I have a very hard time thinking Scott wanted everyone to tune out the bass of his music, especially considering how integral bass is to his music. I also have a hard time believing the machine was intended to sound like a car belonging to a high school kid in the 90's with bass rattling every loose bolt on the car. It's not about audiophile grade shit, it's about it coming from the factory sounding like an overpowered aftermarket system in something that was never designed for that. Why does my TNA not sound like that, even though it has the same type of bass heavy soundtrack by the same person and similar speakers? A ported sub box. Spooky stopped putting those in on ACNC and R&M and I'm saying that that was a mistake that we the consumers now have to deal with. I don't want to live with shitty sound, so I'm forced to find a solution to a problem they had already solved on TNA and chose to remove most likely due to BOM.

#7202 3 years ago

Cabinet should have more holes to allow the air to leave the inside of the cabinet. The air inside the cabinet is creating a wave and rattling the hell out of the the glass. I can feel the air trying to escape from the flipper holes. It's practically air tight so the air creates a wave/vibration.

#7203 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's a fucking pinball machine, not a high-end sound system for crying out loud.
People on pinside will complain about *anything* it seems.

And no matter what you post on pinside you will be told you're absolutely wrong within an hour.

Can you tell us how to turn down the knob again? We don't get it.

#7204 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

And no matter what you post on pinside you will be told you're absolutely wrong within an hour.
Can you tell us how to turn down the knob again? We don't get it.

Post # 5873
Key post

#7205 3 years ago

So, I have just discovered something which may explain why some of you don't find this to be as big of a deal as others. northerndude has confirmed that the bottom of his cab does indeed have two port holes beside the sub and mine does not. His build number is 84 and mine is 273. Mine is butter cab and I don't think his is. This tells me that the company plans changed regarding the sub box, and that it was originally meant to be there (or that they had a ton of leftover cabinets from other games that did have port holes). Either way, it's weird that my game is missing something that his game has.

#7206 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Post # 5973
Key post

#7207 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So, I have just discovered something which may explain why some of you don't find this to be as big of a deal as others. northerndude has confirmed that the bottom of his cab does indeed have two port holes beside the sub and mine does not. His build number is 84 and mine is 273. Mine is butter cab and I don't think his is. This tells me that the company plans changed regarding the sub box, and that it was originally meant to be there (or that they had a ton of leftover cabinets from other games that did have port holes). Either way, it's weird that my game is missing something that his game has.

Mine is #89 and has the two port holes. I had to turn down the bass, but since adding anti rattle tape it hasn't been an issue and sounds great!

20201102_192508 (resized).jpg20201102_192508 (resized).jpg
#7208 3 years ago

So to me that would suggest those port holes have helped, but definitely haven't totally solved the problem, so it's not just a matter of "put more holes in the cabinet"

#7209 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So to me that would suggest those port holes have helped, but definitely haven't totally solved the problem, so it's not just a matter of "put more holes in the cabinet"

The glass channel is just too loose. Even the crappy Stern speaker would get glass vibration if you turned AIQ up enough (that game has lots of low end). Wrapping the edges of the glass in tape takes up the space and stops the rattle.

#7210 3 years ago

Interesting. 212 for reference.

212 (resized).jpg212 (resized).jpg
#7211 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Interesting. 212 for reference.
[quoted image]

Regular cab or butter cab?

#7212 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Regular cab or butter cab?

Regular.

#7213 3 years ago

Well at least that rules out butter cabs being completely different. It seems the early machines had port holes?

#7214 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Well at least that rules out butter cabs being completely different. It seems the early machines had port holes?

Must say I think your on to something here. Good catch!

#7216 3 years ago

Here is a Slow motion video of the mini loop switch not registering, for those curious of the physics at play.

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Adjusting the amp in no way equates to a design flaw. I wish Spooky would just start shipping the amp turned down a bit so we would quit seeing this complaint. It's getting old. Seriously, just turn the three little knobs until it sounds good. It's really not difficult.

Unhook the internal sub and hook up external. Problem solved. I did this literally day one of owning and never looked back.

It is crazy to me that spooky hasn't figured this out b/c the shake is so extreme on this game!

#7218 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Cabinet should have more holes to allow the air to leave the inside of the cabinet. The air inside the cabinet is creating a wave and rattling the hell out of the the glass. I can feel the air trying to escape from the flipper holes. It's practically air tight so the air creates a wave/vibration.

Not really airtight at all... there is a big mesh in the posterior portion of the cab - though your point is still correct.

I think someone posted the make of the sub (grs 10sw-4, they sell it at PE) it is simple enough to look up the sub and build an enclosure based on the Thiele/Small parameters.

https://speakerboxlite.com/subwoofer-box-calculator/

This site is helpful to provide optimal values in creating an enclosure. If I get downtime I may do it - problem will be fitting it with the shaker in there based on material thickness used, should be doable though.

#7219 3 years ago

Sorry, my cheap oppo doesn't have the best slow mo

#7220 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Not really airtight at all... there is a big mesh in the posterior portion of the cab - though your point is still correct.
I think someone posted the make of the sub (grs 10sw-4, they sell it at PE) it is simple enough to look up the sub and build an enclosure based on the Thiele/Small parameters.
https://speakerboxlite.com/subwoofer-box-calculator/
This site is helpful to provide optimal values in creating an enclosure. If I get downtime I may do it - problem will be fitting it with the shaker in there based on material thickness used, should be doable though.

Saw this box was discussed on the parts express product page for the subwoofer Spooky uses:
https://www.parts-express.com/goldwood-tr10f-10-single-truck-box-speaker-cabinet--260-636

Granted, even tho it is relatively low profile, I would bet the shaker motor will be in the way if you keep things as-is.

Shame because the price is certainly right.

#7221 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Sorry, my cheap oppo doesn't have the best slow mo

Video from the Future!

#7222 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Video form the Future!

Ha ha, yea, it's 5.30pm on Tuesday arvo here, knocking off work for the day, bout to pour a cold one

#7223 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I'd be interested to find out what you hear back from Chris. I've had issues with my lower right flipper being weak, adjusting the leaf switch stopped some intermittent half flips and fixed a little bit of strength, but its still never been strong enough to trap the ball and be able to hit the right ramp. Anything over 40 on my coil strength doesn't seem to change anything and my hold is set to medium with 6.5 pitch.

I've been working with Luke now. I was wrong about the hold voltage measured at the coil (had the meter set to VAC doh!), so that's not the issue. Voltage at the PSU was 49.6v and he suggested bumping that to 50.5v. I also lowered my pitch to 6.6 (from 6.8), and adjusted the flipper position a bit lower (I can still just barely make the right ramp with a back-flip). With all those changes I was able to make the left ramp for the first few games, but then the flipper weakens and the left ramp shot becomes impossible. I'll continue to work with Luke today, he's thinking maybe a defective flipper bushing or possibly the flipper has to much or to little vertical slop. I'll report back later.

#7224 3 years ago

Don't have R&M yet but my ACNC is missing the port holes in the bottom of the cab as well. TNA with sub box has ports. I've considered cutting holes and building a box around sub myself

#7225 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Unhook the internal sub and hook up external. Problem solved. I did this literally day one of owning and never looked back.
It is crazy to me that spooky hasn't figured this out b/c the shake is so extreme on this game!

I do agree that Spooky needs to just turn it down before shipping games. Look at how it brings out the whiny compainers. It just baffles me that so many people see EQ settings as a design flaw. It's laughable. I adjusted mine day one and there is still a ton of bass and the overall sound is so much better than what any other manufacturer ships (with the exception of maybe the new GNR system...I have only played a couple games so I can't judge that one yet). Speaker Gate 2020!

#7226 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here is a Slow motion video of the mini loop switch not registering, for those curious of the physics at play.

There have been a couple posts about switches not registering or the one in the inner loop needing to be angled differently to accommodate the ball. Any chance these magnetic switches that someone used in RZ would solve either of these issues?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/214#post-5913329

#7227 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I do agree that Spooky needs to just turn it down before shipping games. Look at how it brings out the whiny compainers. It just baffles me that so many people see EQ settings as a design flaw. It's laughable. I adjusted mine day one and there is still a ton of bass and the overall sound is so much better than what any other manufacturer ships (with the exception of maybe the new GNR system...I have only played a couple games so I can't judge that one yet). Speaker Gate 2020!

I have a GNR LE and the bass department is definitely lacking. It’s loud and sounds great but not enough bass and I also don’t think there’s an adjustment for the bass either, unfortunately. I’ve looked for it, but maybe I’m wrong?

I need to attach a sub woofer for sure.

#7228 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

No one is saying it is a design flaw. You have to turn it all the way down and then literally a hair up without it rattling the whole game! Just not a lot of range of control. I really want to pump up the bass more so maybe I need to just buy an external sub.

#7229 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No one is saying it is a design flaw. You have to turn it all the way down and then literally a hair up without it rattling the whole game! Just not a lot of range of control. I really want to pump up the bass more so maybe I need to just buy an external sub.

I thought someone verbatim called it a design flaw earlier, but I could be wrong. It just seems like such a dumb discussion to me. There are plenty of options to get the sound each person wants and people just complain about the rattling non-stop. It just gets old.

#7230 3 years ago

Is it a design flaw when Stern uses "woofers" that don't even have a surround for the cone, just paper all the way to the metal frame?

There is nothing wrong with Spooky's hardware. If you don't like the tone settings out of the box, turn the knobs.

#7231 3 years ago

At the risk of changing topics and posting something positive.........I'm the second owner of a BSE and the previous owner did most of the recommended tweaks. When I got it home having not read any of this forum I set the play field at 6 degrees in deference to that left ramp. The game shot clunky AF but was still sooooo much fun. A few days ago I started reading this forum more and saw that Spooky recommended a 6.5 degree inclination. I changed it and suddenly the game shoots MUCH better. As in on my 4th game with the new inclination my first ball beat my old high score.

Just another data point that play field inclination seems to be VERY important on this table. Man, what a fun game..............

#7232 3 years ago

Remember also you don't need a ported sub. A sealed sub will also work well.
The "problem" is in the low range that shakes everything so if you want the bass extra loud without shaking go external or isolate it from the cabinet of the machine.
(Snarky response) ask spooky to put in a smaller inferior bass driver because you don't like how far to one side the knob is.
Just some ideas while I patiently wait for my machine to get here.

Want a cool dual function table/bass check out the svs pc2000 I can confirm this thing will make your house windows shake.

Edit- I used this method for in ceiling speakers and lights when building my home theater if you want to give it a try
https://soundproofguide.com/diy-soundproofing-in-wall-in-ceiling-speakers/

#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Does anyone have a recommended fix for getting the mini loop on the right side to register more reliably? I'm only getting about 30%-40% of the shots registering (on the second switch on the shot).
Prediction... this shot will be Rick and Morty's equivalent to the lower ramp shot to the right ring!

I adjusted the switch to be more sensitive, which helped but I was still getting unregistered shots. So I bent the end bit of the guide towards the switch and that has fixed it.

20201019_215806 (resized).jpg20201019_215806 (resized).jpg
#7234 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Remember also you don't need a ported sub. A sealed sub will also work well.
The "problem" is in the low range that shakes everything so if you want the bass extra loud without shaking go external or isolate it from the cabinet of the machine.
(Snarky response) ask spooky to put in a smaller inferior bass driver because you don't like how far to one side the knob is.
Just some ideas while I patiently wait for my machine to get here.
Want a cool dual function table/bass check out the svs pc2000 I can confirm this thing will make your house windows shake.

To me the problem was venting. My cabinet did not have sub ports on the bottom. It had one air vent on the back, and I believe it was insufficient for the airflow the sub was generating. When you can feel the air being pushed around the flipper buttons, it tells me there is too much pressure going on in there.

#7235 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To me the problem was venting. My cabinet did not have sub ports on the bottom. It had one air vent on the back, and I believe it was insufficient for the airflow the sub was generating. When you can feel the air being pushed around the flipper buttons, it tells me there is too much pressure going on in there.

It's not air pressure, It's Blim Blam trying to escape.

BLIM BLAM (resized).jpgBLIM BLAM (resized).jpg
#7236 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder why they routed that switch hole so close to the inside rather than in the middle, angled? If they don't have all their playfields made yet, they can make a running change and fix this pretty easily with just an adjustment to the switch hole placement/angle.

#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just left the club and sold my deposit for 373 for cost. I love this game, it's fantastic, but as of yesterday I decided that if I got the call that my machine was ready I'd hesitate before signing the check. Although I have left the club, I still plan on being a huge Rick and Morty Cheerleader as the game is loads of fun.

I'm back in the club! Pinball Karma comes back around! 7 months ago I sold my Rick and Morty for cost to a pin buddy when I thought I was losing my job due to COVID. I kept my job. Earlier today when talking pinball he mentioned he was full up on pinball machines with a GNR on the way for his last spot and did I want my spot back. Hell to the yes! So I am back in on #373 R&M. Just gotta pay later in the week when I see him and call Spooky. Super excited. I got a TNA in the interim (not the same) but love Danesi's game and love the music. Been following the cartoon and it's great. Really looking forward to making this my first NIB.

What number are the up to on the line?

#7238 3 years ago

HEY EVERYONE - if you haven't pre-bought or don't have your quiet fan kit by now, you're nuts

#7239 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mine is #89 and has the two port holes. I had to turn down the bass, but since adding anti rattle tape it hasn't been an issue and sounds great![quoted image]

#91 here, - no port holes.
But i was damn close

#7240 3 years ago

Port holes are for ships!
You son's of bitches!
I voted!
My civic duty and my right's of citizenship have once more been excersised, and upheld.

Now it's time to play R&M, spin records, and Booze into the night.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

20201103_151427 (resized).jpg20201103_151427 (resized).jpg20201103_152030 (resized).jpg20201103_152030 (resized).jpgthe-bad-news-bears (resized).jpgthe-bad-news-bears (resized).jpg
#7241 3 years ago

Can someone help me out.

I’m having a super hard time with the garage shot and inner orbit. I played on location and wasn’t as hard as my own machine.

I tried to toe out the flipper but that made it worse.

I have a slow motion photo but don’t know how to post on here. But here are still images.
E9745E36-414A-4A7A-9480-964F1CC30EAD (resized).pngE9745E36-414A-4A7A-9480-964F1CC30EAD (resized).png
99CD305C-7480-4E7C-9046-F9429ABB9479 (resized).jpeg99CD305C-7480-4E7C-9046-F9429ABB9479 (resized).jpegE57EA78F-8015-4930-A81A-CD06349BFED1 (resized).pngE57EA78F-8015-4930-A81A-CD06349BFED1 (resized).png4EDD59F8-4DDB-4666-AAF3-5B0B4893D695 (resized).png4EDD59F8-4DDB-4666-AAF3-5B0B4893D695 (resized).png

#7242 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone help me out.
I’m having a super hard time with the garage shot and inner orbit. I played on location and wasn’t as hard as my own machine.
I tried to toe out the flipper but that made it worse.

Your results may vary, but one of the first things I did to our game, was adjust the rail that feeds the upper flipper, it made my shots much more consistent. It's been covered by others much better then I can explain but basically, remove the right ramp (3 screws) remove meseeks plastics, loosen the last two screws holding the rail, and align the rail the best you can. Mine slid in quite close with the slotted tabs. Others take it a little further, but that worked well for me. 15min job, about 7 or 8 screws to undo,

#7243 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

#91 here, - no port holes.
But i was damn close

#74 here. Ours has the holes.

#7244 3 years ago

I made what I though was the impossible shot - upper flipper to the left ramp. The ball must have deflected just perfectly off the pin on the left side of the ramp entrance and had enough power to make it to the top. Total luck, and I was totally surprised!

#7245 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I made what I though was the impossible shot - upper flipper to the left ramp. The ball must have deflected just perfectly off the pin on the left side of the ramp entrance and had enough power to make it to the top. Total luck, and I was totally surprised!

I've 85% done this a few times, but wont finish the trip

#7246 3 years ago

Infuckingpossible! On my machine!
I wanna see video evidence.
Wow.
Congrats on making that shot.

#7247 3 years ago

Ha ha ha, yea, I've only gotten 85% there, I know I'm gonna get it one day.
Who needs a ramp shaped like a slipper then....... Looking at you avengers

#7248 3 years ago

All Rick & Morty owners are now checking the undercarriage of their machine.

#7249 3 years ago

I'm too tall, see pic, I'll let a short person check it.
Port holes sink ships!

#7250 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

HEY EVERYONE - if you haven't pre-bought or don't have your quiet fan kit by now, you're nuts

I'm # 482 and I ordered my fan on 7-28-20. Should I sent it to Spooky and ask them if they will build my machine around it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/145?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.