(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 405.
#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I must be a horrible player because my average ball time is like 20 seconds. Please tell me it’ll get easier. I already have the training wheels on with ball save from the portal and horseshoe.

If you always play on the fly, this game will probably eat your lunch. If you try to get the ball under control you have a much better chance. Deadflips are super important on this one.

Watch the videos of Karl playing this game (IEPINBALL on YouTube). His control is amazing. Not saying you will play like him, but you can pickup a lot of skills if you watch closely.

#7102 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My average was 13 seconds.

I see all these guys getting 20 mega seeds and 9 adventures and wonder what’s wrong with my machine? LoL

#7103 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

jerry (resized).pngjerry (resized).png
#7104 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I see all these guys getting 20 mega seeds and 9 adventures and wonder what’s wrong with my machine? LoL

My best game: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/733725351

#7105 3 years ago

Make it easier by switching to 5 ball until you get the hang of it. Then when you get your shots down, switch it back.

Quoted from rai:

#7106 3 years ago

People are selling their game because of the sweet returns.

You can either keep your R&M, or sell it and essentially get a Stern Premium for 1-2k off the sticker price.

But that should be a testament to how awesome this game is, not a curse. If the game was terrible, this wouldn't even be a decision.

#7107 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I made mine as easy as possible until I got the hang of it. Ball saves on everything, closed the left outlane, took out the tilt bob. You miss some funny callouts from tilting but can hear those when you put it back in!

#7108 3 years ago

wow short ball times - can RM be set to 10 ball games.... asking for friend

#7109 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

#7110 3 years ago

I'm not a good player. We've been playing Wonka for 1.5 years and I still haven't gotten my third Golden Ticket.

The Jerry meme was appropriate.

#7111 3 years ago

FA90ED06-C512-41D9-897C-C332AE0A6A25 (resized).jpegFA90ED06-C512-41D9-897C-C332AE0A6A25 (resized).jpeg

#7112 3 years ago

Just received my request for payment today!
Request for build sheet 10/8
Request for payment 10/30
3E9FFDB8-BA68-4DDB-9D19-CB6351AD15E8 (resized).jpeg3E9FFDB8-BA68-4DDB-9D19-CB6351AD15E8 (resized).jpeg

Almost time to get Swifty…

#7113 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

This is a great episode with Charlie Emery on the show and Jack danger. Charlie talks about how they’re going to hopefully be able to get all the Rick and Morty’s done earlier than they had planned… I think he said they may be done as early as April, May or June.
Also he mentioned they will probably be doing a TNA 2.0!!! Basically TNA on the line again with maybe some new features but same gameplay. Sweet!!!!
If you haven’t listened to this episode of super awesome pinball show check it out… It’s super awesome
https://podcast.app/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-e120399914/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=share

Awesome.
I’ll give it a listen when I get into the office today.
I really hope they decide to do TNA 2.0.
I would be in on one for sure.

#7114 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I must be a horrible player because my average ball time is like 20 seconds. Please tell me it’ll get easier. I already have the training wheels on with ball save from the portal and horseshoe.

You will get better when you start hitting the inner loop and garage shot more consistently. Make sure you go for the flubel crank a lot, you need a big charge on the anti-gravity for it to be effective, really hold that button down to suck the ball back. That also gets you the gromflomite mb's going, they are crucial.

What usually happens is I walk up to the machine and it kicks my butt for two or three games. Then all of a sudden I get things going and the multiballs stack, dimensions start popping, everything happens at once and the big scores happen. It can definitely be a one ball kind of machine, two balls that net you 2M and then one that gets you 35M. Hang in there and accept the challenge to get better at the game and it will reward you like nothing else. I think some of the people that give up on it never get to that point to feel how exciting the game is when you start actually having good games. It's like that for most games I just walk up to and play for a bit, if I just have crappy games I'll think the machine isn't that good, if I have great games and lots of stuff is happening it seems like a really fun game! This just isn't a game you walk up to and have good games on, it takes practice. But I think that is what gives it so much longevity in a home environment, it will always be challenging.

#7115 3 years ago

Some good advice here. Someone already brought it up but want to stress...you need to dead flip a lot more than other games. This allows you to control the ball.Next you have to hit your shots. For my game, it is easier for me to hit the right ramp and right horseshoe with a backhand if the ball is controlled ie trapped. Actually I can pretty consistently hit the right horseshoe backhanding from a ball speeding through the insane.Left horseshoe I can do from either but like to backhand that as well. Backhanding the left orbit requires you to wait just a little later than the right side. Left ramp is obviously right flipper. Can hit that trapped but it helps a little if the ball is coming from inlane with some speed. If you feel like the shot is a little weak (it is a steep ramp) up your flipper power a couple of ticks. For me the most satisfying shot is the outer right orbit into the garage!

I like to stack an adventure with multiball but if you are having a hard time, just start your adventure right away once qualified. That gives you a 10 second ball save. During ball save, really try to hit those hard shots.

Magna-save. I am getting good with this! First 50 games I thought the magnet was crap and wasn't working properly. It isn't a traditional magna-save. Think of it more like TZ upper playfield magnet flippers. It whips the ball. You want to hit the button, hold and release it at the right time to sling it to the left. Takes some practice. And you really have to anticipate when the ball looks like it is going to drain. Pretty much hitting it earlier than you think you should at first.

#7116 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

You will get better when you start hitting the inner loop and garage shot more consistently. Make sure you go for the flubel crank a lot, you need a big charge on the anti-gravity for it to be effective, really hold that button down to suck the ball back. That also gets you the gromflomite mb's going, they are crucial.
What usually happens is I walk up to the machine and it kicks my butt for two or three games. Then all of a sudden I get things going and the multiballs stack, dimensions start popping, everything happens at once and the big scores happen. It can definitely be a one ball kind of machine, two balls that net you 2M and then one that gets you 35M. Hang in there and accept the challenge to get better at the game and it will reward you like nothing else. I think some of the people that give up on it never get to that point to feel how exciting the game is when you start actually having good games. It's like that for most games I just walk up to and play for a bit, if I just have crappy games I'll think the machine isn't that good, if I have great games and lots of stuff is happening it seems like a really fun game! This just isn't a game you walk up to and have good games on, it takes practice. But I think that is what gives it so much longevity in a home environment, it will always be challenging.

Nailed it

#7117 3 years ago

I've had my ass absolutely handed to me by the R+M on location in my city, and it can be kinda demoralizing at times... paying whatever, 7k for a game that frustrates me so much just seems kinda nonsensical, and when people have posted up looking for a late production/standard pre-order spot I've definitely considered selling mine. But then I think about my current 2-pin lineup and how my big complaint with both games is the long ball times and how (despite loving both of them) neither game is making me a better player, and I realize R+M is *exactly* what I want in the house. It's a theme I'll never grow tired of and cohesive rules that make for good competitive scoring wrapped up in a brutal and unique layout.

Can't wait to get my machine and not have to pump quarters in when I'm sucking

#7118 3 years ago

I've learned so much more ball control from R&M than I ever thought or knew I could learn. I go to my other pins and some feel like a joke compared to R&M. I have to get my brain to slow back down and play to those other games speed.

I am a better player because of R&M

#7119 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I've learned so much more ball control from R&M than I ever thought or knew I could learn. I go to my other pins and some feel like a joke compared to R&M. I have to get my brain to slow back down and play to those other games speed.
I am a better player because of R&M

Yea just have to remember you can't save right outlane drains with a magnet on other machines. Play so much R&M that when I move to another game, I am reaching for a phantom button!

#7120 3 years ago

Having an issue with the ball trough on my R&M. Was getting bounce backs from the shooter lane so I reduced power to the trough eject now when I do get a bounce back from shooter lane to trough the balls are stuck and don’t have enough power to clear and just go into a sad loop of balls trying to eject. What can I do to stop the shooter lane bounces and keep the strength of shooter High enough to eject and clear mishaps? Other than that game rocks!

#7121 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome.
I’ll give it a listen when I get into the office today.
I really hope they decide to do TNA 2.0.
I would be in on one for sure.

Long show but a great one!
I love this podcast!

I will also be in on a TNA 2.0 for sure!!!

#7122 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Magna-save. I am getting good with this! First 50 games I thought the magnet was crap and wasn't working properly. It isn't a traditional magna-save. Think of it more like TZ upper playfield magnet flippers. It whips the ball. You want to hit the button, hold and release it at the right time to sling it to the left. Takes some practice. And you really have to anticipate when the ball looks like it is going to drain. Pretty much hitting it earlier than you think you should at first.

I like the magnasave a lot too. Takes some strategy.

Question about it: on mine magnasave won't activate if flippers are being flipped or held. Is this correckt? I'm used to it at this point - thought maybe this was discussed as an early quirk of the game, but not sure.

#7123 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

on mine magnasave won't activate if flippers are being flipped or held.

Yes, no magna save while the right flipper is engaged. I asked about this and was told the circuit couldn't take the amperage of both at the same time.

#7124 3 years ago

#317 invoiced and Paid!

Now to determine as to whether I open the box or not....

#7125 3 years ago

#319 my invoice is paid also

#7126 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

#317 invoiced and Paid!

94F292CE-2261-462E-BFA0-4E748219D43D_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg94F292CE-2261-462E-BFA0-4E748219D43D_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg

#7127 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Lol.

Yep. My curiosity might get the better of me !

#7128 3 years ago

My first thoughts about the pin after putting about 20 plays on it ...

Thank you Spooky. This is *exactly* what I wanted . Theme integration is great (should get even better), the game is fast and challenging, and I have that nag to play it just one more time every time it kicks my ass .

#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I like the magnasave a lot too. Takes some strategy.
Question about it: on mine magnasave won't activate if flippers are being flipped or held. Is this correckt? I'm used to it at this point - thought maybe this was discussed as an early quirk of the game, but not sure.

I hope I’m not the only one who’s starting furiously tapping for the magnasave while playing other games.

#7130 3 years ago

Hell no, I even somehow hit the effin thing on other pins and even the left outlane!! whats wrong with me

#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hell no, I even somehow hit the effin thing on other pins and even the left outlane!! whats wrong with me

Definitely done that after playing a lot of any machine with magna save. Same if you own a Shadow, it becomes routine to swap the ramp diverters after every successful ramp made, moving to another machine has you reaching for buttons that aren't there.

#7132 3 years ago

I'm curious if anyone has measured their flipper coil voltage (in the up position)? I'm getting 12v which I've been told by Spooky is wrong. I've posted a few times before about the strength of my lower flippers being very weak. Making the left ramp to the top is almost impossible and a backflip to the right ramp is doable, but just barely. Each time I've made an adjustment (EOS switch, flipper angle, etc) it seems to be slightly better but I think it's just a placebo effect lol. I've also confirmed the coil stop and sleeve are fine, and the flipper shaft is not binding. Changing the coil settings makes little difference; I have the right flipper set to max (49). Anyway, Chris at Spooky is working with me (via email) to resolve the issue and has told me 12v is not right, but he didn't mention what the correct voltage should be?

#7133 3 years ago

Someone posted great pictures and instructions for adjusting the garage ramp.... I cannot find them ... could someone point me to where they are in this thread and or who posted them ?

#7134 3 years ago

Might be blasphemy or not... But I installed the slightly larger Adpin flippers.

Man, It transforms the game. It took it from Hard to "mild" hard.

I'm no pro player, I just like to flip... It made ball times and flipping way more fun on this.

#7135 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I will get to all the fixes you need to do for making non clunky after I get the thing working properly.....least of my worries. I have not ever had problems with a machine like I'm having with any company and I pretty much have them or had them all. Without Rob as my distributor/ one if the best techs in the business, this is a 250 lb paper weight and spent about 30 hrs now with his help trying to fix what I can.

Dang very sorry to hear you are having so many problems! I know how frustrating that can be when your game finally arrives and all you want to do is play it and all you end up doing is working on it.
My game was the first R&M and was in the first group of games sent out. I have literally done nothing to it except a slight tweak to the wire form at the end of the shooter lane on the first day I got it. The game has played flawlessly since then.
I hope you get your issues sorted out Bill, the game really is fantastic!
My R&M will be going up for sale if my daughter decides she doesn’t want it... the day after I die.

#7136 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have definitely had my share of short ball times and heard this call out on more than a few occasions.

E1F58211-2A65-43E9-9B01-4FC1B4759F8F.gifE1F58211-2A65-43E9-9B01-4FC1B4759F8F.gif

#7137 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

#317 invoiced and Paid!

Quoted from Ramrod215:

#319 my invoice is paid also

Guys, butter cabs or no butter cabs?
For context to help those of us counting it down...

#7138 3 years ago

If you’re going to spend 1k I would rather have the play field redone.

#7139 3 years ago

I have both TNA and R&M not butter.

The decals are so nice that the butter isn’t essential. But if you have the money you it’s not wrong to get butter but I’d only do it if it was a keeper.

Personally I’d rather get PDI glass for 3 pins with the money.

#7140 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I really, really liked the butter. But only get it if you're 100% sure you're keeping it.

#7141 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

all options except butter.

#7142 3 years ago

Anyone know what to do here? I just unboxed it today and I get this screen. PF lights up but that's it, nothing else works.
PXL_20201101_002316746 (resized).jpgPXL_20201101_002316746 (resized).jpg

#7143 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Anyone know what to do here? I just unboxed it today and I get this screen. PF lights up but that's it, nothing else works.
[quoted image]

Hard drive cable is probably disconnected on the cpu

#7144 3 years ago

Found it. Thanks.

#7145 3 years ago

So 2 questions:
What is the most stable public release? I just installed 20201012 version and in 4 or 5 games have had 2 complete resets. Started a multiball adventure then another dimension.. then black screen of death! I previously had 20200911 version and had only 1 problem in many, many games.

Secondly, how to keep settings and high scores. Mine have been reset - I had one upgrade that failed, so I went to a completely new USB stick, the upgrade worked. I see on the original USB there are game_user_data and game_user_settings files. Can I copy these onto the USB and upgrade again ? And how do I know which of the files are which ?

#7146 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

So 2 questions:
What is the most stable public release? I just installed 20201012 version and in 4 or 5 games have had 2 complete resets. Started a multiball adventure then another dimension.. then black screen of death!

And another one. New dimension (not sure which one) started first, A life well lived adventure and Multiball started at the same time. At least one meseeks alive on a ramp, and a tilt warning. Got part way through the audio about the plumbus and then dead screen and reboot.

#7147 3 years ago

20201012 has been rock solid for me

#7148 3 years ago

I havnt had a single reset or crash on latest code, and it saved all my settings.
Did u re format yr thumb drive b4 update

#7149 3 years ago
Quoted from nullentropy:

20201012 has been rock solid for me

The other thing I have noticed is that I am getting way more tilt warnings. Possibly just default settings gave changed when I lost my previous settings and scores.

#7150 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

The other thing I have noticed is that I am getting way more tilt warnings. Possibly just default settings gave changed when I lost my previous settings and scores.

I have only had one reset on maybe 200 games since 1012 release, which is a huge improvement over the previous release. Bravo! I've noticed the shaker will set the tilt warnings off, especially if you nail that spinner loop over and over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/143?hl=nysbadmk8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.