(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 404.
#7001 3 years ago

Happy Halloween to you too!

#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.
I do yes. Selling after a week or so.

Cant imagine selling mine. The build quality is insanely good and seeing how the big guys are having so many playfield issues with new games its great to see how well the spooky playfield is put together and the high quality cabinet. Some of the shots need a bit of tinkering but they are nothing compared to the tinkering I had to do with TWD. Once you start hitting inner loops to garage and comboing into ramps the thing just sings.

#7003 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Cant imagine selling mine. The build quality is insanely good and seeing how the big guys are having so many playfield issues with new games its great to see how well the spooky playfield is put together and the high quality cabinet. Some of the shots need a bit of tinkering but they are nothing compared to the tinkering I had to do with TWD. Once you start hitting inner loops to garage and comboing into ramps the thing just sings.

I will get to all the fixes you need to do for making non clunky after I get the thing working properly.....least of my worries. I have not ever had problems with a machine like I'm having with any company and I pretty much have them or had them all. Without Rob as my distributor/ one if the best techs in the business, this is a 250 lb paper weight and spent about 30 hrs now with his help trying to fix what I can.

#7004 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I will get to all the fixes you need to do for making non clunky after I get the thing working properly.....least of my worries. I have not ever had problems with a machine like I'm having with any company and I pretty much have them or had them all. Without Rob as my distributor/ one if the best techs in the business, this is a 250 lb paper weight and spent about 30 hrs now with his help trying to fix what I can.

What issues are you having?

#7005 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.

That's a shame, I love mine so much.

#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Are you serious?

#7007 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Please do tell all the issues you had. You’ve had 4 weeks. Doesn’t look like you posted anything after you got your game until now.

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Please do tell all the issues you had. You’ve had 4 weeks. Doesn’t look like you posted anything after you got your game until now.

He doesn't necessarily need to have issues, & doesn't have to like it either, maybe doesn't like the work Fuck or the game.

Edit- ok, he has issues.

#7009 3 years ago

Look I like Spooky and I like the people that work there. If you want to know all the problems you can PM me and I can share however the list is long and ive spent about 30 hrs with top techs trying to resolve all the issues to the point where the buggy code locks up every 5 games or so. Its getting issues sorted out and then I get to start fixing clunky shots, the butter cab with leg dug into it, and the rattle which I can't believe they don't address ? this is a 13,000 cdn game!

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Check where I live, it takes time to get over border. I have had the game 2 weeks and wait for new parts every week so I can't even tell you how the game plays except for the videos i take while we figure out everything I need too. three boards including the CPU have been exchanged and now waiting for ribbon cables to be changed as well. It arrived without a mark on the box so this is not loose connections which by the way had to go over every one as well as the black power wires for the LED boards that are right next to the transformer to make sure no plastic coatings were getting in the way. Damn this is depressing even talking about it but if anyone needs advice with any problems i'm your man!

#7011 3 years ago

Seems like a bunch of people jumped on this game then GNR came out and people are wanting to trade or switch to GNR.

As an outsider who would prefer this over GNR and haven’t played either sure seems like this game has required more tweaks to get it to play right more than most NIB games.

GNR looks amazing and obviously the amount of GNR content and integration is unprecedented. But RM has a ton too.

I can see people wanting both but it appears RM prices are falling and they are selling even now with limited plays on them, where a person can get one fairly easily. Gone are the days of paying over $10k, or a person would be crazy to pay over if you ask me. Seems like their is a Pinside listing at $9600 or something and people being OBO. Finally seeming like if you wanted this pin you can get it. Some day maybe it will be even less.

I hope some day to have a chance to own one.

#7012 3 years ago

It’s not list price but who knows as people wait and other games come out, someone with a place in line might be happy to get out what they got in it.

I would think people would just get their deposit back on some sales.

It’s a long time to wait for lots of these games.

#7013 3 years ago

I'm not surprised that this is a polarizing game.
It's a hard shooter, and it made me realize pretty quickly that I'm not as good as I thought I was.
If you aren't up to having a battle with the machine, getting handed your ass, getting back up and slaying it, it's probably not for you.
Our first week with the game, I bought into the negatives being said about it being too tough,
Now I just love the game
I don't see this game ending up high on the top 100, it humbles a lot of people, who would rather a easy (read "butter") shooter that pumps thier ego

#7014 3 years ago

Just adding my two cents on this game......after owning it for months.

This game should not be in my basement right now. I planned on playing it and then trading out for GnR. Here's the problem. It's too good. It's different than my other games, has amazing call outs, plays better than you think (or what seems to get all the attention on these boards from a few folks), amazing music, great art, and has that one more game feel.

I haven't made 1 single tweak to my game. I never felt the need. Shots hit when they should. Yes the occasional clunk but nothing that stands out as unfair. I still laugh when playing it btw. That's how good the humor and delivery is.

Believe me, I'm trying not to like it as much b/c it's going against my plan and now I have to think about what to sell for GnR!!! haha Overall - great game.

#7015 3 years ago

Once this game is dialed in, it plays like AFM with a third flipper.

#7016 3 years ago

Wonder if they are planning on dropping a couple adventures with the new season release.
The coder is amazing and working his tail off so you know great things are on the horizon.
I haven't seen anything past the original stream because I want to experience this pin with limited spoilers.

#319 here, I am hoping for delivery before December so keep thous shipping numbers coming! Last one was #262 13 days ago

#7017 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Seems like a bunch of people jumped on this game then GNR came out and people are wanting to trade or switch to GNR.
As an outsider who would prefer this over GNR and haven’t played either sure seems like this game has required more tweaks to get it to play right more than most NIB games.
GNR looks amazing and obviously the amount of GNR content and integration is unprecedented. But RM has a ton too.
I can see people wanting both but it appears RM prices are falling and they are selling even now with limited plays on them, where a person can get one fairly easily. Gone are the days of paying over $10k, or a person would be crazy to pay over if you ask me. Seems like their is a Pinside listing at $9600 or something and people being OBO. Finally seeming like if you wanted this pin you can get it. Some day maybe it will be even less.

I wouldn't trade my R&M straight up for a GNR LE. I've played both and R&M is way more fun. GNR is great for what it is and feels like you're playing a rock concert but the song modes all feel the same and the layout isn't as fun to shoot and feels kind of closed off. R&M has personality and humor and the modes all feel different and unique and is a much faster shooter. I'll probably get a GNR at some point, but not at the expense of Rick and Morty.

#7018 3 years ago

are the owners still required to drill holes to make the ball guides correct? Just curious...

Great theme integration and AMAZING light show, no doubt, but the PF design is still kind of a question mark. Do those owners who love good PF design still love this game with the PF design flaws?

#7019 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

are the owners still required to drill holes to make the ball guides correct? Just curious...
Great theme integration and AMAZING light show, no doubt, but the PF design is still kind of a question mark. Do those owners who love good PF design still love this game with the PF design flaws?

I see your making your rounds to all forums tonight, making jabs. But not for the games you own.

#7020 3 years ago

I have #246 and it shoots great, changes were made at the factory from early feedback and have greatly improved the shots

#7021 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I see your making your rounds to all forums tonight, making jabs. But not for the games you own.

Curious is all. Thanks

#7022 3 years ago

Nope. As stated earlier, mine plays as smooth as an Attack from Mars, and no drilling required.

#7023 3 years ago

So far I haven't had to drill holes. I took out the screws in the rails and curved the rails a little more. The garage shot is buttery smooth now. The inner loop is 60% of the way there. I might need to remove the LED next to the rail and curve it a little more.

It's annoying, yes. But the game (which is free to play on location) is one of the most-played games day-in, day-out. I've spent many days myself playing it non-stop. It's not the best shooter yet, but shoots well enough and it's challenging, engaging, fun, fast, thrilling, etc.

#7024 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

My R&M took a lot of adjustments had the glass off at least a dozen times in the first 2 days. Luckily nothing major but it seems to be a game that has a lot of different tolerances or various build quality.

I still love R&M tho it’s super tough I’m not seeing more than 2 modes on one full game yet. The shots are tough as hell not like so many other games where the shots are all obvious and makable.

I was thinking about GnR still might but might not like all the multiball modes. I love MB but don’t need to have more time playing MB than not that seems to take away the special feel when you do get to MB.

#7025 3 years ago

We love our R&M and I don't see it ever leaving my collection. The pin can be brutal and you just want to give it another try. It's crazy how one second I can hit horseshoe, ramp, inner orbit, inner orbit, garage, right orbit, right orbit! And the next second it's post brick, post brick, orbit rattle, half ramp, garage rattle, ramp rattle, post brick, drain, ugh!

#7026 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I'm not surprised that this is a polarizing game.
It's a hard shooter, and it made me realize pretty quickly that I'm not as good as I thought I was.
If you aren't up to having a battle with the machine, getting handed your ass, getting back up and slaying it, it's probably not for you.
Our first week with the game, I bought into the negatives being said about it being too tough,
Now I just love the game
I don't see this game ending up high on the top 100, it humbles a lot of people, who would rather a easy (read "butter") shooter that pumps thier ego

It’s so hard, I can’t think of a harder pin that I’ve owned. I think some people would rather have a longer playing game that’s less brutal. I have a larger collection and R&M fills out my hard game end of the spectrum nicely.

#7027 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s so hard, I can’t think of a harder pin that I’ve owned. I think some people would rather have a longer playing game that’s less brutal. I have a larger collection and R&M fills out my hard game end of the spectrum nicely.

I own ACNC, that game is also hard and it's a different breed of difficulty. ACNC has tougher shots but it's easier to control the ball because most made shots feed the flippers, while R&M has easier shots but it's more chaotic overall. One bad miss or a pop bumper hit and you're in panic mode.

But I'm with you. I've played some Sterns that last on average 30 minutes per game... I always hated that. Should I play AC/DC? Or do I have somewhere I gotta be in an hour?

With R&M, meanwhile, I know I can play a few games in 30 minutes because it's just so brutal. But that's part of the fun, too. And once you get that one game that you can't believe is happening, it makes it all worth while.

#7028 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

It’s not list price but who knows as people wait and other games come out, someone with a place in line might be happy to get out what they got in it.
I would think people would just get their deposit back on some sales.
It’s a long time to wait for lots of these games.

This game will be like TNA. People will have bought it because of the hype, flippers, etc. but eventually, the game will end up in owners' hands that really actually want the game and keep it. You might not be getting a 10k+ premium for it, but they will be hard to come by and will at least retain their NIB value. It's taken TNA a few years to get there but games that people are selling are over the $6K NIB price. It's also become evident that the butter cab does not really add to the second-hand market value. For those debating whether or not you want butter, you will probably not see that money (or very little of it) if you decide to sell.

#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My R&M took a lot of adjustments had the glass off at least a dozen times in the first 2 days. Luckily nothing major but it seems to be a game that has a lot of different tolerances or various build quality.
I still love R&M tho it’s super tough I’m not seeing more than 2 modes on one full game yet. The shots are tough as hell not like so many other games where the shots are all obvious and makable.
I was thinking about GnR still might but might not like all the multiball modes. I love MB but don’t need to have more time playing MB than not that seems to take away the special feel when you do get to MB.

I’ve chosen my own adventure 3 times since June I would estimate. I have got to a point where I have a game plan every game an idea what I want to accomplish each ball.
I get the locks opened up on the flooblecrank, I lock balls, if I’m lucky enough to get a portal shot in there, I can start an adventure, during a multiball, in another dimension, when that happens and you hit some jackpots, the score can rise nicely.
It’s also fun to play a game where you use attack the modes, see how well you can do, and see how many you can get through, doesn’t usually result in a large score if you aren’t collecting seeds, but also a satisfying game

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I’ve chosen my own adventure 3 times since June I would estimate. I have got to a point where I have a game plan every game an idea what I want to accomplish each ball.
I get the locks opened up on the flooblecrank, I lock balls, if I’m lucky enough to get a portal shot in there, I can start an adventure, during a multiball, in another dimension, when that happens and you hit some jackpots, the score can rise nicely.
It’s also fun to play a game where you use attack mode, see how well you can do, and see how many you can get through, doesn’t usually result in a large score if you aren’t collecting seeds, but also a satisfying game

Yea I like that I can just try to complete adventures to get to choose your own or sometimes I play for big points. Stacking Grom MB with an adventure while either in another dimension (or activating it on a super jackpot) is really fun and has not gotten old. Now if you can plan it so you are close to MeeSeeks MB, then you can get some serious big points! The best is when you have a nice Jerry bonus built up and you miss the target by a hair. Looooooooserrrrr.

#7031 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea I like that I can just try to complete adventures to get to choose your own or sometimes I play for big points. Stacking Grom MB with an adventure while either in another dimension (or activating it on a super jackpot) is really fun and has not gotten old. Now if you can plan it so you are close to MeeSeeks MB, then you can get some serious big points! The best is when you have a nice Jerry bonus built up and you miss the target by a hair. Looooooooserrrrr.

My other guesstimate is I’ve hit Jerry about 10% or less on my final shot, damn that’s a tough one to get at the bottom of those targets

#7032 3 years ago

What’s the Jerry bonus?

#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

this is a 13,000 cdn game!

Did you buy it second hand or from Spooky? I thought this game was around $7500USD, which is around $10k CAD?

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Did you buy it second hand or from Spooky? I thought this game was around $7500USD, which is around $10k CAD?

It’s plus $800 for reasonable options including shipping or even $2k higher for butter and everything else available.

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What’s the Jerry bonus?

At the end of Meeseeks Mania, hit Jerry and you can re-collect *the entire amount you earned in the multiball*.

But it's on a hurry-up.

And if you miss and hit Beth or Summer, it's dead and you are a loooooooser.

The idea comes from the end of the Meeseeks episode, where Jerry is challenged to prove his short game has improved.

#7036 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Adding all options except the coin door bill acceptor and butter, plus tax and shipping was just over $9kUSD for me.

#7037 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

At the end of Meeseeks Mania, hit Jerry and you can re-collect *the entire amount you earned in the multiball*.
But it's on a hurry-up.
The idea comes from the end of the Meeseeks episode, where Jerry is challenged to prove his short game has improved.

Is it even possible to hit this shot from a flipper and not from a random bounce? Don't think I've ever collected it and I always try.

#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Wonder if they are planning on dropping a couple adventures with the new season release.
The coder is amazing and working his tail off so you know great things are on the horizon.

How close are they saying the code is to complete? I’ve not been following the thread as closely as I should be and having been able to play much pinball recently due to a move and the hurricanes. My new game room is almost complete though.

#7039 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Is it even possible to hit this shot from a flipper and not from a random bounce? Don't think I've ever collected it and I always try.

I've hit it but it's tough because of how close the tip of the flipper you need to shoot. Too late and you end up hitting the pop bumper. Too early and you hit Beth or Summer....Loooooooserrrrrr

Quoted from rai:

What’s the Jerry bonus?

Hey rai. There is an audio cue you can listen for. Meeseeks will say..."That's it Jerry! I am counting to 3!" and you will hear a gun loading sound effect. Otherwise just know that it happens the moment you drain down to 1 ball when you have Meeseeks MB (and no ball saver to go back up to 2 or 3 balls).

#7040 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

But it's on a hurry-up.

Had to come back and say one thing...This is a great example of how amazing the theme integration is on this game! You are doing a great job Spooky and Eric!

#7041 3 years ago

I have not gotten meseeks MB yet.

#7042 3 years ago

I was going to explain it but it is just easier to check out the full rules on tilt forums. http://tiltforums.com/t/rick-morty-rulesheet/6391

#7043 3 years ago

@epthegeek:

Dont know if you know or can disclose, but are there plans to utilize the family member standup targets more in the rules, than just mostly for lighting mystery?

#7044 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I was going to explain it but it is just easier to check out the full rules on tilt forums. http://tiltforums.com/t/rick-morty-rulesheet/6391

Thanks, Eric and Bowens and Scott have made a great game both rules and layout. On top of an already fantastic theme.

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

epthegeek:
Dont know if you know or can disclose, but are there plans to utilize the family member standup targets more in the rules, than just mostly for lighting mystery?

The family member standups are used quite often in adventures and also used often for megaseeds Also crucial for the Jerry bonus and for Purge mode ( Summer).

#7046 3 years ago

SpookyLuke can you give us the latest number that has shipped?

#7047 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Huh. It should happen from collecting 3 Meeseeks during the game. Focus on that blue target a bit! Sometimes the bumper will hit it.

#7048 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think almost every OR every shot turns blue! to collect

#7049 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkA:

Here you go. I made a snapshot from the PE web. https://www.parts-express.com/grs-10sw-4-10-poly-cone-subwoofer-4-ohm--292-482
I made a few mods to my R&M and really improved the sound! I'll post more details soon.
One simple test to do is to open the coin door and see if that reduces the glass rattle. I figure that's a pretty big port! I already put some anti-rattle tape on my glass so I can't easily see what effect the open door has on the glass rattle.
I tried the Tesa fabric tape but I found it was not that sticky. Maybe my roll was old?? Please let me know how yours works. [quoted image]

I'll let you know when I receive mine, they tell me 2-3 weeks but since they already have my money it could be longer. LOL

#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Huh. It should happen from collecting 3 Meeseeks during the game. Focus on that blue target a bit! Sometimes the bumper will hit it.

I think the issue is that it is hard to tell sometimes when an adventure is running at the same time. I am sure he has had MM going but just didn't know it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
8,800 (OBO)
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/141?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.