(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 405.
#6951 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Definitely not normal. What is your hold strength at? Keep it at medium or lower otherwise they may overhead and weaken.

The hold strength isn't what overheats coils. That heat comes prodominantly from the power strokes, and associated settings.

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Definitely not normal. What is your hold strength at? Keep it at medium or lower otherwise they may overhead and weaken.

The problem with medium hold on the right flipper is that it collapses when catching the scoop feed. What is the best way to have a strong hold and also make the left ramp consistently??

#6953 3 years ago

Wax the playfield and ramps, it'll fly up there then. Game will be a lot harder for a while though.

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The problem with medium hold on the right flipper is that it collapses when catching the scoop feed. What is the best way to have a strong hold and also make the left ramp consistently??

Post #3828 EOS position for R&M

If you look in the key posts there is one about the EOS position. Near the end of stroke, but not right at the end, a little before where u would set a bally/williams eos
This works well for me on medium hold, the scoop only drops the flip a very small amount.
I had my hold on high before I adjusted the EOS

#6955 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Is it normal for the right flipper to barely have the strength to make the left ramp? I have the setting maxed at 49 and if I trap on the right and shoot the ramp, the ball will make it to the top maybe one out of three times, very annoying. I actually don't think the flipper strength setting has any effect, like I would expect a noticeable difference between 30 and 49, but too me it's feels the same?

Check your gap between the bottom of the flipper and the top of the white nylon flipper bushing poking through the playfield. If it's too tight that will rob power. There should be about the thickness of a credit card of vertical play.

If that has a gap so there's some play, REMOVE the flipper coil stop and inspect. Nothing should be loose on it. You sometimes can't tell if the flipper coil stop has broken without removing it, but it will cause what you describe, and sometimes the flipper will stick briefly in the up position, too.

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I tried the hold strength at medium and high. I can switch it back to medium. I'll also check for any binding, but I'm pretty sure the mech is fine. I've also tried adjusting the flipper position - I moved it up a few degrees to make the back-flip into the right ramp easier, but maybe that's making the left ramp harder?

#6957 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check your gap between the bottom of the flipper and the top of the white nylon flipper bushing poking through the playfield. If it's too tight that will rob power. There should be about the thickness of a credit card of vertical play.
If that has a gap so there's some play, REMOVE the flipper coil stop and inspect. Nothing should be loose on it. You sometimes can't tell if the flipper coil stop has broken without removing it, but it will cause what you describe, and sometimes the flipper will stick briefly in the up position, too.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check the gap and coil stop (although I have no issues the the flipper sticking in the upper position).

#6958 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Post #3828 EOS position for R&M
If you look in the key posts there is one about the EOS position. Near the end of stroke, but not right at the end, a little before where u would set a bally/williams eos
This works well for me on medium hold, the scoop only drops the flip a very small amount.
I had my hold on high before I adjusted the EOS

My EOS is adjusted exactly as you described. A scoop feed shouldn’t collapse a flipper held up.

#6959 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Thanks for the tips, I'll check the gap and coil stop (although I have no issues the the flipper sticking in the upper position).

A broken coil doesn't always cause occasional flipper stick but it will rob power, so you can still have a broken coil even if you're not seeing the occasional sticking.

#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A broken coil doesn't always cause occasional flipper stick but it will rob power, so you can still have a broken coil even if you're not seeing the occasional sticking.

When I checked the flipper mech I noticed that the EOS leaf was engaging way before the end of the flipper stroke and that was adding an additional pressure and (I'm assuming) robbing power. I adjusted the EOS so it engaged at the end of the stroke and the flipper seems to make the left ramp shot more consistently, even with the power lowered to 40. The only issue is now occasionally the flipper will stick in the up position?

I haven't checked the coil stop yet.

#6961 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

When I checked the flipper mech I noticed that the EOS leaf was engaging way before the end of the flipper stroke and that was adding an additional pressure and (I'm assuming) robbing power. I adjusted the EOS so it engaged at the end of the stroke and the flipper seems to make the left ramp shot more consistently, even with the power lowered to 40. The only issue is now occasionally the flipper will stick in the up position?

That sticking might be related to the EOS being too tightly adjusted which is a quirk related to the Spooky hardware somehow.

Or, it could be a broken coil stop.

#6962 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That sticking might be related to the EOS being too tightly adjusted which is a quirk related to the Spooky hardware somehow.
Or, it could be a broken coil stop.

Quoted from arzoo:

Also sometimes, the switch leaf can "grip" or snag on the pawl/crank switch activating tang, binding it up at the full stroke position.

Suggesting this as it adds up with that you have been adjusting the eos switch.

Sometimes with alot of deflection the rubber boot on the crank tang can hook up on the very end of the switch blade (for some setups) preventing the crank/flipper from freely returning to rest.

#6963 3 years ago

We were watching slow mo vid of my game and my mates game around that u turn. If u bend the end back towards the inner part of the uturn (marked with red in pic) and that sends the ball over the switch better[quoted image]

That doesn’t impact the pin/support that goes through the playfield holding the end in place?

#6964 3 years ago

I had a weird thing happen to my R&M on location. I stepped up to play it and realized the pop bumper wasn't popping. Took a look at it and the ring was cocked at a funny angle. The whole thing was binding so I lifted the playfield and realized one of the lock nuts had fallen off the pop bumper ring so that one side had slid down and locked the ring in place. Thankfully the coil was fine. I located the nut and reassembled it. Tightly.

Having owned well over 100 games from all eras and companies I have never had a lock nut come off a pop bumper so I never checked it. I'm gonna put that one on the assembly line person. Anyway, no harm, no foul just a PSA to maybe double-check the tightness of those nuts.

#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I had a weird thing happen to my R&M on location. I stepped up to play it and realized the pop bumper wasn't popping. Took a look at it and the ring was cocked at a funny angle. The whole thing was binding so I lifted the playfield and realized one of the lock nuts had fallen off the pop bumper ring so that one side had slid down and locked the ring in place. Thankfully the coil was fine. I located the nut and reassembled it. Tightly.
Having owned well over 100 games from all eras and companies I have never had a lock nut come off a pop bumper so I never checked it. I'm gonna put that one on the assembly line person. Anyway, no harm, no foul just a PSA to maybe double-check the tightness of those nuts.

That’s a common problem. It’s happened to a few here, little metal to grip on the screw. I will use some locktite if it falls off again.

#6966 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That’s a common problem. It’s happened to a few here, little metal to grip on the screw. I will use some locktite if it falls off again.

This happened to my TNA, but hasn't happened to my R&M. Will plan on proactively adding Loctite.

#6967 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

That doesn’t impact the pin/support that goes through the playfield holding the end in place?

That pic I posted is my game, the u turn has been perfect from day 1. My friends r&m (he posted here looking for solutions) would only register u turn less then 50%. We took slow mo vid of both our u turns, and saw that his hugged the outer guide all the way around, and missed the switch. Slow-mo of mine showed it hug the rail, until it got to the two creases I highlighted in red in my pic, those creases kick the ball back in towards the switch. My mate then made tweaks from what he saw in the videos.
My understanding is that he grabbed the end of the outer rail with long nose pliers, and put similar bends in the very end of his rail, plus tweaked the switch, now he registers 100%. It was done in place without removing any guides, altho this is based off his description, I didn't do the tweaks
IMG_20201026_174815 (resized).jpgIMG_20201026_174815 (resized).jpg

#6968 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think the run might be about 750...

Moving forward, I will be selling the Blue Crystal Scoop Mod direct. I think the initial surge is over and it will be easier for me to distribute this way. Please PM if interested. Thanks to all that have supported this project.

#6969 3 years ago

Does anyone sell a scoop light as a plug in mod?

#6970 3 years ago

That pic I posted is my game, the u turn has been perfect from day 1. My friends r&m (he posted here looking for solutions) would only register u turn less then 50%. We took slow mo vid of both our u turns, and saw that his hugged the outer guide all the way around, and missed the switch. Slow-mo of mine showed it hug the rail, until it got to the two creases I highlighted in red in my pic, those creases kick the ball back in towards the switch. My mate then made tweaks from what he saw in the videos.
My understanding is that he grabbed the end of the outer rail with long nose pliers, and put similar bends in the very end of his rail, plus tweaked the switch, now he registers 100%. It was done in place without removing any guides, altho this is based off his description, I didn't do the tweaks
[quoted image]

Yep that's exactly what I did to fix the issue.

#6971 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We were shut down for 3 months... We increased to 15-16 games a week to make up for that. So no not another year.
We have been using the exact same decals, the exact same leg protectors, and the same legs for the last 2000 games.
I am currently looking into what caused the sudden issue as I cannot recall 1 single report of this on any of our other games. I am thinking possible defect in the legs but I am not sure.

So are leg protectors included?

#6973 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m not sure how or where these would fit, but I’d love to see these Garblovians coded somewhere into the pin, especially them exploding.
I wonder if the injection and egg sequence at the beginning of the clip - perhaps extra ball (although this was technically part of the Simpsons opening so not sure how rights to that work).

I can tell you where it would fit.... the one where he runs / splatter into the wall would be a perfect match sequence !

#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

So are leg protectors included?

the legs on my R&M are pinched in. I put felt and additional plastic leg protectors but no matter what my legs are pinching against the cabinet.

#6975 3 years ago

This might have been asked before but it feels like every time I check into this thread, someone is mentioning how the "bass is too loud" which leads to "rattling the glass", and then we have others telling them to lower the bass or put some tape on the glass. Any reason why Spooky isn't doing this at the factory? I mean, why are they putting the bass too high, especially if the music is part of the game's core strengths? Seems like an odd thing to overlook, especially when post after post is complaining about it.

#6976 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

This might have been asked before but it feels like every time I check into this thread, someone is mentioning how the "bass is too loud" which leads to "rattling the glass", and then we have others telling them to lower the bass or put some tape on the glass. Any reason why Spooky isn't doing this at the factory? I mean, why are they putting the bass too high, especially if the music is part of the game's core strengths? Seems like an odd thing to overlook, especially when post after post is complaining about it.

I believe the cabinet is mostly airtight and the internal subwoofer is inside the cabinet (not like TNA which had the speaker inside an box) therefore when the bass is loud it rattles the air inside the cabinet and causes glass to rattle effectively the cabinet is like a large speaker enclosure. I can feel the air escaping at the flipper button but mostly it just rattles the glass. I turned the bass amp almost completely off. I attached the speaker wires to an external subwoofer.

#6977 3 years ago

Spooky pleeeeease gift is a new adventure for Halloween. Pretty please with sugar on top.

#6978 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Spooky pleeeeease gift is a new adventure for Halloween. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Oh purty please! and make it a spoooooky one!

#6979 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The woofer is oversized for the cabinet IMO. The bass that comes from it isn’t tight at all. It’s muddy and sloppy. So it’s a combo of a bad woofer choice for the cabinet and the amp overdriving it. I agree an external sub is the best route right now.

#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

the legs on my R&M are pinched in. I put felt and additional plastic leg protectors but no matter what my legs are pinching against the cabinet.

It seems that this batch of legs is slightly less than 90 degrees an must pinch to be attached.

older williams legs seem to be slightly more than 90 degrees, no pinch...

fender washers?
double up the thin protector?
switch out the legs?

Make up a better protector out of old williams legs?

#6981 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe the cabinet is mostly airtight and the internal subwoofer is inside the cabinet (not like TNA which had the speaker inside an box) therefore when the bass is loud it rattles the air inside the cabinet and causes glass to rattle effectively the cabinet is like a large speaker enclosure. I can feel the air escaping at the flipper button but mostly it just rattles the glass. I turned the bass amp almost completely off. I attached the speaker wires to an external subwoofer.

I felt like air was trying to escape too. It made me think if the cabinet had a few ports drilled it might have been fine.

#6982 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I felt like air was trying to escape too. It made me think if the cabinet had a few ports drilled it might have been fine.

Is the speaker on R&M an actual subwoofer and not just a woofer? If it is a sub then yeah, it would be the right thing to have an air port of 4" or so in the cabinet bottom or back.

#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the speaker on R&M an actual subwoofer and not just a woofer? If it is a sub then yeah, it would be the right thing to have an air port of 4" or so in the cabinet bottom or back.

It’s a large subwoofer. But not enclosed like TNA. Is it 12 inches?

#6984 3 years ago

I’ve always thought the way to go with ACNC/R&M is to make a box, ala TNA, but port it through the bottom of the cab.

I used to make sound enclosures for bands (as one does), I’d buy the 18” speakers and make the cabinets. Big W Bins and the like. I had a book from the States that had all the acoustic designs. Half the bass comes from the back of the speaker, you need the ports to move the air.

I fully intend to make one for my ACNC - I’ve just been really busy restoring a house the whole year.

I’ll report back when I do make it!

rd

#6985 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Try these. They're at least twice as thick. No way the leg will hit the cabinet.

https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

#6986 3 years ago

The cabinet speaker needs an enclosure. Unless a speaker is designed to operate in open-air (which a pinball cabinet is essentially open air) the speaker will not sound good. It's been a problem with all pinball machines up to TNA, where an actual enclosure was included. The enclosure will keep the speaker from moving the free air inside of the cabinet, which means no glass rattle unless you really crank it up. And you'll get tighter bass notes.

You can bypass this by turning the amp down, building an enclosure, or adding an external sub. IMO, amp adjustment is personal preference, and I would rather Spooky spend time building, testing, and shipping games, and fiddle around with amp settings.

Side note, you can get a Polk PSW10 for $50 on CL. Cheapest and easiest way to "fix" the bass.

#6987 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve always thought the way to go with ACNC/R&M is to make a box, ala TNA, but port it through the bottom of the cab.
I used to make sound enclosures for bands (as one does), I’d buy the 18” speakers and make the cabinets. Big W Bins and the like. I had a book from the States that had all the acoustic designs. Half the bass comes from the back of the speaker, you need the ports to move the air.
I fully intend to make one for my ACNC - I’ve just been really busy restoring a house the whole year.
I’ll report back when I do make it!
rd

Need to find the Q and V specs for this speaker and go to town, I'm just not sure I have the balls to drill port holes into my butter cabinet. LOL But I can tell you this, I'm not turning down the bass since feeling the game is part of the experience. So I already ordered rolls of that Tesa fabric tape.

#6988 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It seems that this batch of legs is slightly less than 90 degrees an must pinch to be attached.
older williams legs seem to be slightly more than 90 degrees, no pinch...
fender washers?
double up the thin protector?
switch out the legs?
Make up a better protector out of old williams legs?

I noticed mine were pinching and cut/pushed the decal in three locations. It's the left side of the leg that is pushing in. I took mine off and put some plastic protectors on and noticed my legs were also less than 90 degrees. Can't tell exactly how much, but you can visually see it's not a right angle. The legs have actually cracked the plastic clear ones I got.

#6989 3 years ago

To everyone just putting plastic protectors on when the legs are pinching your cabinet, I’d advise you don’t do that. It will just expand the area of contact and make a larger problem. If your legs are part of the recent batch that seems to be flawed, contact spooky.

#6990 3 years ago

My “recent batch” was back in June.

#6991 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Try these. They're at least twice as thick. No way the leg will hit the cabinet.
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

Now we're talkin!

Those suckers are perfect.

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My “recent batch” was back in June.

Did you contact spooky?

#6993 3 years ago

Quick question for you guys who own this pin, preferably second owners. I have the opportunity to get on in a few weeks (NIB) at a premium over MSRP, but nothing crazy...about going rate for used, maybe a little less. I have played it on location and enjoyed it. I haven't read everything in all the R&M posts but whats the plans for Spooky to add more adventures and how often has it happened. Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.

#6994 3 years ago

Spooky/Eric have said they plan to add more adventures but Eric has tempered all of our expectations (rightfully so). I imagine there will be handful of additional ones and there was talk about a wizard mode. I do hope more content gets added. More adventures would be great. So would an additional multiball mode. Right now we only have 2 MB modes and Meeseeks Mania, although awesome, tends to start when you don't expect it. Need another MB mode that we activate like the Grom Battle.

That said, the game is really great as it stands. No buyers remorse here. It helps that I have been a huge fan of the show since season 1. The game is tough which helps with longevity. I don't think you will be disappointed.

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Did you contact spooky?

I just contacted them as per advice from this thread. Will report back once i get word from them. Im #131.

#6996 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Quick question for you guys who own this pin, preferably second owners. I have the opportunity to get on in a few weeks (NIB) at a premium over MSRP, but nothing crazy...about going rate for used, maybe a little less. I have played it on location and enjoyed it. I haven't read everything in all the R&M posts but whats the plans for Spooky to add more adventures and how often has it happened. Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.

We bought ours (BSE #74) used and are very very happy with it. It may as well have been new. We paid a premium but were happy to do it. No buyers remorse here. We play it a lot and are really enjoying it.

As far as your other questions I'm sure someone else can speak to that.

~Sandra

#6997 3 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Need to find the Q and V specs for this speaker and go to town, I'm just not sure I have the balls to drill port holes into my butter cabinet. LOL But I can tell you this, I'm not turning down the bass since feeling the game is part of the experience. So I already ordered rolls of that Tesa fabric tape.

Here you go. I made a snapshot from the PE web. https://www.parts-express.com/grs-10sw-4-10-poly-cone-subwoofer-4-ohm--292-482

I made a few mods to my R&M and really improved the sound! I'll post more details soon.
One simple test to do is to open the coin door and see if that reduces the glass rattle. I figure that's a pretty big port! I already put some anti-rattle tape on my glass so I can't easily see what effect the open door has on the glass rattle.

I tried the Tesa fabric tape but I found it was not that sticky. Maybe my roll was old?? Please let me know how yours works.

Speaker_specs (resized).jpgSpeaker_specs (resized).jpg
#6998 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....I'm on the fence.

Hello,

I was "on the fence" for TNA meaning didn't know if it was a good enough pin etc. and I asked a lot of questions and talked to owners and got to play a few games but the few games played on location was nothing compared to owning the pin. I am talking about TNA but the same can be said of R&M, I wasn't sure got a chance to play on location liked it but still wasn't quite sure. But in the home environment is way way better.

I think R&M is brilliant pin. I just got it but love the pin and the layout is much better than I had thought and the rules are great. I think there will be more modes but no idea when. I think there should be 11 modes (or more) so you could fill up the card and not get any repeats. I won't likely get 10 modes in one game but to me the modes are the best part of the rules.

I don't know how much I would pay, the game is already pretty expensive with shipping I was at $8200 without butter cabinet. I think it's already priced at a premium, I don't mind paying that much to support Spooky but I really would not want to pay much more than that.

#6999 3 years ago

Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.

I do yes. Selling after a week or so.

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.
I do yes. Selling after a week or so.

Booooo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/140?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.