(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,230 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 405.
#601 4 years ago

It's a really tough call isn't it? Both work really well. The black trim blending with the artwork sky makes it look integrated as opposed to "afterthought".

Another thing to love about this company is how they shared the color name / recipe a while back. So you can always go purple later on, even if you don't decide until after delivery. And as a standard buyer I appreciate being grated the potential ability!

Personally I'm thinking black trim but purple legs - both as respectively integrated extensions of the cabinet art - could be pretty sweet.

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Lyman's Tavern in DC.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Not too far from me. I may have to make a pilgrimage this weekend.

Just added it to the Pinmap. First Rick and Morty on the East Coast is 45 minutes from my house!

#604 4 years ago

Purple legs+purple door = Aesthetically pleasing. No question on the upgrade.

#605 4 years ago

So, Rick and Morty is starting to show up in the wild now. Anybody know what number they are up to manufacturing wise? I am guessing they have shipped about 40 now. I'm 373 so I'm still expecting September.

#606 4 years ago

Gotta go pick up something after work today.

rps20200220_094347 (resized).jpgrps20200220_094347 (resized).jpg
#607 4 years ago

Were apron cards not included because the rules are still being developed? The 3 games in the wild I've seen pics of are missing the rules/price cards.
Game looks great! Apron looks naked

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't think they've been made yet. If anyone, it would probably be Pinball Life making them up. I'd be in for a set if they make some.
How are you liking the game?

Game is a ton of fun. Need to make some tweaks yet, but super promising. Didn't see your game on the line when I was there, but from what I saw you'll get it real soon!

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How were the shots from the upper flipper and up the left ramp?
Many rejected or returned shots?

So from the upper flipper to the inner orbit i found it not difficult to make. Just gotta find that sweet spot. Its satisfying whipping that ball 3 times in a row. I did get rejected a hand full of times either by not enough speed to get through the spinner target. The left orbit off the top flipper is challenging. Many of missed shots but the ball return from missing wasnt an issue on draining or going stdm. I wanted to take some videos but it wouldnt of turned out good.

For those considering color of coin door... words do not do that kalaxian purple justice. In person it looks amazing. After seeing it to me its a no brainer.

I was surprised on the size of the topper in a good way. Videos n pics also dont do it justice.

There was still a couple bugs that im sure they are working out. Couple adjustments needed to be done on site. Was lucky to talk to the operator and give him a helping hand. Even got to play a couple games against him super cool guy.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Game is a ton of fun. Need to make some tweaks yet, but super promising. Didn't see your game on the line when I was there, but from what I saw you'll get it real soon!

I was asked for my add-ons about 2 weeks ago. Hoping to get my final invoice this week! We'll have to stop by for a burger soon in the meantime

#611 4 years ago

Want to verify.

It appears in the posted pics that you lose the "Peace Among Worlds" on the coin door when you select the DBA option (possibly due to available space).

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

What part of Montana? If you're near Billings, you're welcome to come play mine.

Awesome of you to offer - I am in the bitterroot. So, merely a 6.5 hour trip or so!

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I like the black better..maybe just because that's what I'm used to.

I like black way better than the purple. I don't like the coin door standing out. Plus the black works well with the artwork.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I like black way better than the purple. I don't like the coin door standing out. Plus the black works well with the artwork.

Same here. The black just fits the art better imo.

#615 4 years ago

I prefer kalaxian purple coin door!

#616 4 years ago

I got to travel along with msadan yesterday to go pick up his machine as well as another local operator's machine. After we got it set up last night I stuck around and played for about an hour. The shots are not as bad as people would think, but I think the game is just faster than people are accustomed to. I enjoyed it. I want to play it more. The sounds and light show are great. The only bad thing is about a 17-month wait until my machine hits the line.

#617 4 years ago

YOU KALAXIAN PURPLE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS! THEY SELL MORE BLACK COIN DOORS THAN ANY OTHER COLOR!!! ALL THE TOP 10 MACHINES HAVE BLACK COIN DOORS! YOU'RE RUINING PINBALL!

Shots fired

/fake pinball wars

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So I'm thinking a purple coin door frame with a black door is the sweet spot on this game. Ties in the purple to the trim, but keeps the black door to anchor the black on the speaker covers and backglass vs a giant wall of purple on the front.

Maybe someone talented mockup a photoshop pic of the full game with the three options (Black frame and door, Purple frame and door, Purple frame w/ black door) ?

Here's the best I could find of the existing pics in this thread:
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.48.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.48.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.49.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.49.50 AM (resized).png

#619 4 years ago

I took purple.
I did not want to regret it

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I took purple.
I did not want to regret it

Easy choice. If you decide later you wish you had black, you can always just buy a black happ coin door. The matching purple will be harder.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Easy choice. If you decide later you wish you had black, you can always just buy a black happ coin door. The matching purple will be harder.

I think in a few years well be like "aw hell nah, thats not a kalaxian purple coin door. get your broke ass regular purple door up outta here" in FS ads...

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

YOU KALAXIAN PURPLE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS! THEY SELL MORE BLACK COIN DOORS THAN ANY OTHER COLOR!!! ALL THE TOP 10 MACHINES HAVE BLACK COIN DOORS! YOU'RE RUINING PINBALL!
Shots fired
/fake pinball wars

Kalaxian colored coin doors will obviously play much smoother, require less maintenance and therefore RM owners with black coin doors are obviously the idiots!!!!

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Kalaxian colored coin doors will obviously play much smoother, require less maintenance and therefore RM owners with black coin doors are obviously the idiots!!!!

The real question no one is asking: how secure is the latch on purple vs black?

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Again, makes all the games next to it look antiquated.

Jurassic Park is awesome

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The real question no one is asking: how secure is the latch on purple vs black?

Definitely purple!!!

Unless I decide to get black...

Oh and of course if it’s not latching you can just return it to Spooky I heard they’ve taken returns for that reason.

#626 4 years ago

I'm going to replace my coin door with a battery box miniverse.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm going to replace my coin door with a battery box miniverse.

You'll need the dba coin door. Something may be in the works.

#628 4 years ago

No RM machines on location in Chicago yet???? WTH???
I thought we were the pinball Capitol of the world!
Nothing yet on pinball map.... anyone know or hear anything?
Did Brixies get theirs yet?

Still eagerly awaiting the answer to this one.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So I'm thinking a purple coin door frame with a black door is the sweet spot on this game.

I agree. I think the all black and all purple both look great, but a purple frame with black door would be my choice. I am sure RobertStone could make that happen.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Still eagerly awaiting the answer to this one.

If something doesn’t pop up here soon may have to take a ride up to Madison!

The wife might call me a Jerry for driving 2 hours away to go play a pinball machine though....

1917B930-AE1A-4B16-8D9F-149603580301 (resized).jpeg1917B930-AE1A-4B16-8D9F-149603580301 (resized).jpeg
#631 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

So from the upper flipper to the inner orbit i found it not difficult to make. Just gotta find that sweet spot. Its satisfying whipping that ball 3 times in a row. I did get rejected a hand full of times either by not enough speed to get through the spinner target. The left orbit off the top flipper is challenging. Many of missed shots but the ball return from missing wasnt an issue on draining or going stdm. I wanted to take some videos but it wouldnt of turned out good.
For those considering color of coin door... words do not do that kalaxian purple justice. In person it looks amazing. After seeing it to me its a no brainer.
I was surprised on the size of the topper in a good way. Videos n pics also dont do it justice.
There was still a couple bugs that im sure they are working out. Couple adjustments needed to be done on site. Was lucky to talk to the operator and give him a helping hand. Even got to play a couple games against him super cool guy.

Thanks for all that! Good to hear you're enjoying it.

I keep hearing from people that either the left ramp is too steep, or the upper flipper shots (namely the power one) just brick a lot.

Spooky, is this not something worth adjusting slightly in the factory, seeing that operators/owners are sharing that they're tweaking games?

Doesn't it make sense to have this game more satisfying and respect to shots? Doesn't that put a game like this in top 10 standing as opposed to being in the top 100 because people stepping up to this game find it frustrating?

I have my deposit in on a game so I want nothing more than for you guys to succeed. But from all of the reactions coming out it seems like this is something that maybe should be addressed or at least considered.

I'm a first-time spooky buyer, and I'm really looking forward to getting my game. Thanks for all the great work

#632 4 years ago

I keep hearing from people that either the left ramp is too steep, or the upper flipper shots (namely the power one) just brick a lot.
Spooky, is this not something worth adjusting slightly in the factory, seeing that operators/owners are sharing that they're tweaking games?
Doesn't it make sense to have this game more satisfying and respect to shots? Doesn't that put a game like this in top 10 standing as opposed to being in the top 100 because people stepping up to this game find it frustrating?
I have my deposit in on a game so I want nothing more than for you guys to succeed. But from all of the reactions coming out it seems like this is something that maybe should be addressed or at least considered.
I'm a first-time spooky buyer, and I'm really looking forward to getting my game. Thanks for all the great work

Per Scott’s podcast interview with kaneda... the upper flipper shot to the house is supposed to be the most difficult shot, it was designed that way.

And, in addition to that he also said that’s why that Shot was also made available through the right orbit for that very reason. You only need to make that shot from the right flipper to get a super jackpot it’s not needed for progression in the game so there shouldn’t be any frustration in regards to gameplay and progression.

Another edit***

I think it will be feel more rewarding/satisfying when you make that shot rather than frustrating… IMO.

Kinda like the Kitana shot in DP.

#633 4 years ago

You obviously aren't paying much attention to the posts from people, here.

None who have played it have said so, yet you keep harping on it.

Go and listen to the interviews of the people who built it. They weren't trying to make a Ghostbusters. They were trying to make a challenging machine with an incredible integration of the theme.

#634 4 years ago

I made a post earlier in this thread in regards to the left ramp and upper flipper shots and it's consistent with what everyone else has been saying.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/6#post-5476144

#635 4 years ago

Per Scott’s stream with kaneda... that shot is supposed to be the most difficult shot it was designed that way.

I agree the most difficult shot. But i dont think it needs to be tweaked its just a matter of finese.

Dont know what the factory default for right flipper was. If i were to adjust the power it would be just slightly a hair stronger.

I did have one ball that got stuck in the cut out for the right drop target on the lock. The drop target needed to be adjusted up closer to being flush with the playfield. It was a slow rolling ball when it stopped there. The machine did not go to a ball search. Was hoping the drop target would pop up in the search. I almost tilted getting out the groove. But after that game adjustments were made.

#636 4 years ago

Where is Pickle Rick? Is he still under the flipper? I thought I saw an image on Facebook of one of the released machines that had Pickle Rick unhidden again.

#637 4 years ago

More rules dumping ... Just basics, no fine scoring details or what not.

ADVENTURE: Roy - A Life Well Lived
- Roy is a 5 decision deep branching narrative, if you make it through all 5, Roy's life ends. If you drain early; well, that's a tragedy.
- Shots lit Green make 'positive' choices, shots lit Red make 'negative choices'
- Roy's age is shown on the digit display in front of the scoop.
- Positive choices advance the age a bit more than negative choices do, and there's a bonus for your age at the end.
- Consecutive similar decisions (positive/negative) are multiplied based on the string (2x, 3x, etc)

ADVENTURE: Total Rickall
- Rick, Morty (they're the drops/ship), Beth and Summer (targets) are lit to kill parasites.
- Each hit kills at least one parasite, some shots kill more
- Every time you make a shot, the parasite value goes up a bit, then slowly falls - so keep firing!
- Kill all the parasites to decontaminate the house and end the adventure.

ADVENTURE: Whirly Dirly
- Shoot the right orbit, inner loop, or ship u-turn (if open) to advance the ride toward the edge of the Immortality Field
- The right ramp lights for a kill shot hurry-up when you're near the edge
- If you make the kill, or the hurry up times out, you go back to looping
- You get 3 attempts at the kill shot before the ride ends, and you need to make 2 of them to take out both Risotto and his henchman.

ADVENTURE: Purge
- On the purge planet, the locals move left to right and are indicated by purple inserts.
- To start, you have to keep them from getting to Morty on the right orbit. You have to buy enough time for Rick to build the communicator.
- If a local makes it to where Morty is, the insert will flash red and you have a few seconds to save him.
- If Morty dies, the adventure is over.
- If you hold off the locals long enough, the Summer target will light to call her and have her send the armored suits.
- Once the suits are summoned you have to stay alive long enough to receive them. If you can do that; party time.

ADVENTURE: Pirates of the Pancreas
- Shoot the ramps to spell out Pirates of the Pancreas to get the ride turned on!
- Each shot to the ramps adds 3 seconds to the timer.
- If you take too long, Rick may have to come rescue you from inside Ruben.

ADVENTURE: Pickle Rick
- Phase 1: shoot the pop or sling to kill roaches to work towards the first evolution of Pickle Rick
- Phase 2: shoot the targets to kill rats with your upgraded pickle-self
- Phase 3: shoot the ramps and loops to take out the goons at the consulate (phase 3 is timed).

More adventures still to come!

Added over 4 years ago:

ADVENTURE: Get Schwifty
- You have to make shots while the song plays to impress the Cromulons and save earth.
- Each shot will move their sentiment toward the positive.
- If you hit nothing for a while, their opinion of your skills will start to sour.
- If things get really dire, all the shots will light and you can hit ANYTHING to get back on track.
- The shots are in groups: Loops, Targets, Ramps (The "Ship" shots vary their group based on current state) and will be lit purple.
- You get points every second you're in the "positive" and points for every made shot.
- If you get the meter to the top, points drastically increase.
- End the song in the positive for an additional "vote bonus"

Added over 4 years ago:

Adventure: Blood Dome
- Four shots on the right side are lit
- Each lit shot will only work 3 times max, then it will disappear.
- Each time you hit a new one of the 4 shots, the shot value increases by 50,000
- It takes 7 shots total to any of the 4 lit shots to light the scoop to complete the adventure.
- You have a max of 25 left flipper flips to finish the mode - get to zero and it will end early.
- If You complete the mode with left flips remaining, you get a bonus based on how many remain.

Added over 3 years ago:

ADVENTURE: Goodbye Moonmen
- Five shots are lit in the color of "Fart"'s orbs.
- Shoot the blinking colored shots to collect the orb and make the light solid
- Collect all 5 color orbs for the big payout!
- You can collect orbs more than once, and also more than one full set!
- The mode lasts a set amount of time until Rick has had enough and interrupts.

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

- Roy is a 5 decision deep branching narrative, if you make it through all 5, Roy's life ends. If you drain early; well, that's a tragedy.
- Shots lit Green make 'positive' choices, shots lit Red make 'negative choices'
- Positive choices advance the age a bit more than negative choices do, and there's a bonus for your age at the end.
- Consecutive similar decisions (positive/negative) are multiplied based on the string (2x, 3x, etc)
- Rick, Morty (they're the drops/ship), Beth and Summer (targets) are lit to kill parasites.
- Every time you make a shot, the parasite value goes up a bit, then slowly falls - so keep firing!
- Shoot the right orbit, inner loop, or ship u-turn (if open) to advance the ride toward the edge of the Immortality Field
- You get 3 attempts at the kill shot before the ride ends, and you need to make 2 of them to take out both Risotto and his henchman.
- On the purge planet, the locals move left to right and are indicated by purple inserts.
- To start, you have to keep them from getting to Morty on the right orbit. You have to buy enough time for Rick to build the communicator.
- If a local makes it to where Morty is, the insert will flash red and you have a few seconds to save him.
- If you hold off the locals long enough, the Summer target will light to call her and have her send the armored suits.
- Once the suits are summoned you have to stay alive long enough to receive them. If you can do that; party time.
- Shoot the ramps to spell out Pirates of the Pancreas to get the ride turned on!
- Phase 1: shoot the pop or sling to kill roaches to work towards the first evolution of Pickle Rick
- Phase 3: shoot the ramps and loops to take out the goons at the consulate (phase 3 is timed).

Awesome! Thanks for keeping us informed.

Any idea of how many adventures we should ultimately expect?

A) 10
B) 10-15
C) 15-20
D) 42

#639 4 years ago

42 is the obvious answer.

#640 4 years ago

So this just popped up in my ad stream...

purple (resized).PNGpurple (resized).PNG
#641 4 years ago

Really fun rules Eric and I enjoyed your commentary during the stream. It appeared Purge and Pirates of Pancreas were quite difficult for the players. Maybe those would be considered the tough adventures? Excellent work on the video assets and looping. Game looks great man!

Quoted from epthegeek:

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So this just popped up in my ad stream...[quoted image]

What company is this?

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What company is this?

It's a mattress company named Purple, but I just thought it was funny timing.

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Jurassic Park is awesome

Was. Yes, I saw that movie... in 1993.

#645 4 years ago

The rules for the adventures are absolutely awesome. And sound super duper fun.

Awesome work Bowen and Eric.

#646 4 years ago

IO Arcade bar even made up some special drinks for this week!

304D41C0-D26C-45CB-8E5F-94DB22B1B02A (resized).jpeg304D41C0-D26C-45CB-8E5F-94DB22B1B02A (resized).jpeg67D924C3-0AB8-495A-A6E9-C4B516CC54B2 (resized).jpeg67D924C3-0AB8-495A-A6E9-C4B516CC54B2 (resized).jpeg
#647 4 years ago

If something doesn’t pop up here soon may have to take a ride up to Madison!
The wife might call me a Jerry for driving 2 hours away to go play a pinball machine though....[quoted image]

Do it! I just got done having lunch at the Blue Moon and got a bunch of games in. Both this game and the one at I/O play great! Hit up both spots if you come to town.

#648 4 years ago

I noticed in the most recent pictures that the Coin door still cuts off the top of the "Rick" on the Rick and Morty Lettering, i remember a while back there was talk that was going to be recentered so it was not cut off on the top. Does anyone know if that was ever addressed/fixed or are the final machines going to have that slight overlap? Love the look of the machine either way, just something I thought of with all this coin door talk!

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do it! I just got done having lunch at the Blue Moon and got a bunch of games in. Both this game and the one at I/O play great! Hit up both spots if you come to town.

Played a bunch at Blue Moon too. Game plays great! The shots aren't easy, per se, but the game generally isn't punishing when you brick a shot. I generally walked away from the game thinking "I coulda saved that."

The game puts out a LOT of bass. I'm convinced if they fed some 30Hz audio to the speakers that you would not need a shaker. You WILL need anti-vibration foam for the glass, however!

I'm also pretty sure we're going to leave this game off until the kids go to bed.

Next up is a date night at I/O. I'm gonna put a purple coin door's worth of money into R&M before ours shows up!

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Played a bunch at Blue Moon too. Game plays great! The shots aren't easy, per se, but the game generally isn't punishing when you brick a shot. I generally walked away from the game thinking "I coulda saved that."
The game puts out a LOT of bass. I'm convinced if they fed some 30Hz audio to the speakers that you would not need a shaker. You WILL need anti-vibration foam for the glass, however!
I'm also pretty sure we're going to leave this game off until the kids go to bed.
Next up is a date night at I/O. I'm gonna put a purple coin door's worth of money into R&M before ours shows up!

It was good playing with you Chris! I thought there was a shaker in the game with the way the game shook. A shaker would really be overkill as you get enough feedback already. The audio and bass really sound exceptional on this game, and there were a bunch of callouts that i didn't notice the last time I played it. The more I play the game the more I love it! I'm much more dialed into the left ramp and scoop shots now and was able to hit the portal shot off the upper right flipper a number of times. The game is challenging but fair. As you play it more the shots do start to feel more natural and I was even able to save the ball a few times with the magna-save this time. This is the most fun I've had with a new game in a while!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,699 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,230 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/13?hl=slightlysnaked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.