(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 404.
#6901 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

#236 has arrived.
I’m worried about the legs, put spacers and felt but the edges are still pressing on the decals like the legs are pinched in.
All my other pins I can slide a piece of paper between the legs and the decals but not on this pin the legs are on my leg guard but that’s still pressing on the decals.
[quoted image]

I'd also put a nylon washer between the bolt and the leg so the bolts don't chew up the legs when you take then off or put them on again. SOP on pins I bring in with powdercoated legs. Stern has started adding thin metal washers there from Batman '66 SLE onward, which is nice.

#6902 3 years ago

Hay,Vic,Whats up at 3 a.m??Can't sleep???

#6903 3 years ago

I dropped off another batch. These are now available again on Pinball Life's website.
Thanks

#6904 3 years ago

If I am having trouble getting my upper flipper to engage without slamming in the button does anyone know which metal piece to adjust in the switch? I imagine the one farthest from the button and bending towards the button to engage sooner but wanted to make sure.

#6905 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I dropped off another batch. These are now available again on Pinball Life's website.
Thanks

Just grabbed mine! Now waiting for the silent fan to come back in stock.

#6906 3 years ago

Possible bug:

I was letting the time run out for the mission select from the 30 count (I was opening another beer). At about 12 seconds left, the ball spit out and I quickly caught it and played for a few seconds. The mission select was still on and the flippers, as I was hitting the ball, were still changing missions. I hit launch and the mission started, all while the ball was in play.

Latest 10.12 code. Would have grabbed logs, but I believe logging is turned off on the prod releases?

#6907 3 years ago

Spooky love fest over here.

2B0BCB61-463E-45E3-8B85-3858B4ECB82D (resized).jpeg2B0BCB61-463E-45E3-8B85-3858B4ECB82D (resized).jpeg
#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Spooky love fest over here.
[quoted image]

I’ve always wanted to try TNA.

#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Great game. I’m lucky enough to have a friends at my house currently.

#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

You never played it? Oh man you're missing out.

I don't think it has longevity, but it sure does have instant appeal and it's a GREAT party/social game.

#6911 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don't think it has longevity

Depends on the size of your collection. I wouldn't put it in my absolute top handful of games, but it's awesome and I love having diversity in my collection.

Even though the games I keep in my collection wouldn't be my 1-? ranking of machines overall, I purposely keep games that I really like from different eras/styles. I love me some 80s Bally, so I keep a group of those around and TNA is everything those are in a modern, fast-paced package. Anyone who likes 80s single-level games and games from 90s B/W thru current Stern will love TNA.

#6912 3 years ago

TNA is awesome! Scott Danesi is Awesome!

That is all.

#6913 3 years ago

Was thinking about running to an external sub. Would I run the cables directly to it, if it’s powered? Or does the amp need to be bypassed for it?

#6914 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Was thinking about running to an external sub. Would I run the cables directly to it, if it’s powered? Or does the amp need to be bypassed for it?

You can run it from the cabinet speaker directly to an external powered sub. The amp in the cabinet would need to be turned down to eliminate rattle. That is how I have mine set up right now.

#6915 3 years ago

I've always wondered this. When. Hooking up subs to pins people are taking amplified levels directly into line level inputs on powered subs? How is that not causing major problems?

#6916 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I've always wondered this. When. Hooking up subs to pins people are taking amplified levels directly into line level inputs on powered subs? How is that not causing major problems?

Yes, this is how most people do it. The line level input on powered subs is made to take the powered line signal. It will minutely effect the impedence the amp in the game is seeing, but not enough to have any negative effects.

#6917 3 years ago

Have a question when starting a ball with the ball save display at the bottom sometimes has red lights (what does that signify?) and is there any other information when those lights are a different colors?

Also my insert light is having an issue one Morty doesn't change colors with the rest.

DB99233E-38C3-40B5-B0ED-04F928357293 (resized).jpegDB99233E-38C3-40B5-B0ED-04F928357293 (resized).jpegA5DC18FB-821E-4033-BAD7-40CA76218526 (resized).jpegA5DC18FB-821E-4033-BAD7-40CA76218526 (resized).jpeg3C04A6C1-8271-4D15-B8F6-AB0E6C6A4634 (resized).jpeg3C04A6C1-8271-4D15-B8F6-AB0E6C6A4634 (resized).jpeg

#6918 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have a question when starting a ball with the ball save display at the bottom sometimes has red lights (what does that signify?) and is there any other information when those lights are a different colors?
Also my insert light is having an issue one Morty doesn't change colors with the rest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lift the PF, push in all the connections for the bulbs, they will go the incorrect color if loose. The lights are red because you haven't hit the spinner yet to charge up the lights!! and turn them green

edit: whoops, I mis read, wrong lights interpreted for red

#6919 3 years ago

I was adjusting the rollover switches and swapping rubbers to Titans when I noticed this plug hanging in the front of the cabinet. Anyone know what it’s suppose to connect to?

825129C1-BF6C-4FC9-B41A-9B11C7E87BE1 (resized).jpeg825129C1-BF6C-4FC9-B41A-9B11C7E87BE1 (resized).jpeg
#6920 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,Vic,Whats up at 3 a.m??Can't sleep???

Bedtime is 2-3am PST/PDT when Asia day ends.

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Lift the PF, push in all the connections for the bulbs, they will go the incorrect color if loose.

Did that but still not working.

wanted to ask how to get the tv clips in attract mode?

What do the red lights mean that are in the ball save time display?

#6922 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did that but still not working.
wanted to ask how to get the tv clips in attract mode?
What do the red lights mean that are in the ball save time display?

For the clips, they play after a certain number of loops through the info screens. You can change it in the settings to lower the number of loops required. Also, after one plays, if you hit the left flipper button to go "back", then the right flipper button, you'll play another clip

The red lights in the ball saver are an extra visual indicator that the timer is close to running out.

#6923 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I was adjusting the rollover switches and swapping rubbers to Titans when I noticed this plug hanging in the front of the cabinet. Anyone know what it’s suppose to connect to?
[quoted image]

That is for a dollar bill acceptor. Unused if you don't connect one.

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That is for a dollar bill acceptor. Unused if you don't connect one.

Thanks! I didn’t think it could be something that came loose as everything was working fine.

#6925 3 years ago

I’m not sure how or where these would fit, but I’d love to see these Garblovians coded somewhere into the pin, especially them exploding.

I wonder if the injection and egg sequence at the beginning of the clip - perhaps extra ball (although this was technically part of the Simpsons opening so not sure how rights to that work).

#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You never played it? Oh man you're missing out.
I don't think it has longevity, but it sure does have instant appeal and it's a GREAT party/social game.

If I purged the majority of my collection, TNA would stay. It absolutely has longevity. It’s extremely satisfying, engaging, fun, and addictive. I could play it forever.

#6927 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If I purged the majority of my collection, TNA would stay. It absolutely has longevity. It’s extremely satisfying, engaging, fun, and addictive. I could play it forever.

Those Danesi jams, too. That game uses music so effectively.

#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Thanks

... Aaaand they're sold out again.

Hope you're making more! I need one, too! And I originally gave you the idea of detaching them from the ship mount, as I recall. It's cool, I don't even have my game yet, so I can wait, but I definitely want one!

#6929 3 years ago

Had a good stuck ball today. The sling/pop action is CRAZY on this game.

PXL_20201024_215603155 (resized).jpgPXL_20201024_215603155 (resized).jpg
#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Had a good stuck ball today. The sling/pop action is CRAZY on this game.
[quoted image]

Seems like a good place for Spooky to add a clear or purple mini-post in a running change to the line.

#6931 3 years ago

Request to makes meeseeks MB more special. I barely know it’s even on sometimes.

Really love this game though. Also request to update the rollercoaster mode music. Everything else is sooo good.

#6932 3 years ago

I said on the ACNC thread, and it holds true with R&M, Titan rubber play soooooo much better than the extremely bouncy pinball life rubbers. Yesterday I fully swapped out to Titan clear rubbers with purple Cliffy poly posts. Along the way I adjusted a bunch of the roller over switches as they were riding way too high and occasionally hanging up the ball (I ended up putting a thing piece of furniture foot pad felts under the open end of the switches and it worked really well). I also took the two screws loose on the orbit that returns the ball ro the upper flipper and I used a straight edge to align the flipper and the orbit so that the ball feeds smoothly in both directions (before adjustment it was feeding too far out from the flipper for a smooth shot). I did have to give the rail a slight tap with a rubber mallet to push the rail guide under the wood rail.

After a handful of games I highly suggest all the tweaks with the exception of maybe the Cliffy post rubbers. I’m considering changing those to titans as the cliffy’s are just a little thicker and I’m getting some hang ups on both of the right orbits. I’m also still getting a complete loss of ball momentum on the right orbit occasionally, but I’m not sure why. My upper orbit is so fast and smooth it’s hard to get more than 2-3 loops, but it’s a lot more fun than the clunky rejects I was getting sometimes before.

I also worked on Alice Cooper yesterday (replacing some broker rubbers), and I just have to say how much of an improvement spooky has made in terms of Serviceability. R&M is a cake walk to disassemble, service, and re-assemble. Props to spooky on an excellent game and massive improvements in design.

#6933 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hope you're making more! I need one, too! And I originally gave you the idea of detaching them from the ship mount, as I recall. It's cool, I don't even have my game yet, so I can wait, but I definitely want one!

Yup.....quite unexpected. I am working on batch 3 now.

DanQverymuch for your suggestion too!

#6934 3 years ago

I installed mine today and it really looks great. The blue leds that light it wash out a bit in the pics but it looks fantastic in person. The installation was very easy too. Should sell about... oh... 750 of these.

IMG_3104 (resized).jpgIMG_3104 (resized).jpgIMG_3102 (resized).jpgIMG_3102 (resized).jpgIMG_3103 (resized).jpgIMG_3103 (resized).jpgIMG_3107 (resized).jpgIMG_3107 (resized).jpg
#6935 3 years ago

Hope you're making more! I need one, too!

I think the run might be about 750...

#6936 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Depends on the size of your collection. I wouldn't put it in my absolute top handful of games, but it's awesome and I love having diversity in my collection.
Even though the games I keep in my collection wouldn't be my 1-? ranking of machines overall, I purposely keep games that I really like from different eras/styles. I love me some 80s Bally, so I keep a group of those around and TNA is everything those are in a modern, fast-paced package. Anyone who likes 80s single-level games and games from 90s B/W thru current Stern will love TNA.

mm-hmm, this is a good point. I suppose I was thinking about it in terms of a 3-4 pin collection. I can see from your point of view and you're spot on. Well said.

#6937 3 years ago

Had a mini launch party tonight with four of my close friends. R&M played flawlessly and was a total blast! Thanks Spooky!

#6938 3 years ago

Getting better all the time!!

#6939 3 years ago

Hi All- I may have missed it but has anyone come up with a fix for the second switch in the loop to the right of the right ramp not registering on many shots? I've found that the curvature of the end of the guide rail is not sharp enough so the ball only grazes the end of the switch when traveling at normal or high speeds and doesn't activate it. If the ball is traveling slowly around the curve, it will come more in contact with the switch and activate it. The problem is the end of the guide rail is not attached to the playfield with a screw like on many of the other rails... it is attached with a pin that runs through the playfield and is screwed on under the playfield and really can't be moved.
If anyone has a fix for this please post. I've thought about putting a piece of foam or something on the end of the rail to make the ball path more narrow and force the ball back towards the switch. Any thoughts?

#6940 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi All- I may have missed it but has anyone come up with a fix for the second switch in the loop to the right of the right ramp not registering on many shots? I've found that the curvature of the end of the guide rail is not sharp enough so the ball only grazes the end of the switch when traveling at normal or high speeds and doesn't activate it. If the ball is traveling slowly around the curve, it will come more in contact with the switch and activate it. The problem is the end of the guide rail is not attached to the playfield with a screw like on many of the other rails... it is attached with a pin that runs through the playfield and is screwed on under the playfield and really can't be moved.
If anyone has a fix for this please post. I've thought about putting a piece of foam or something on the end of the rail to make the ball path more narrow and force the ball back towards the switch. Any thoughts?

I just did what someone else suggested as far as sharpening that curve a bit, and I also adjusted the switch itself to angle it more towards the outside of the loop.
I don't have enough plays with the change to confirm that it works yet, but I'll update when I do.

#6941 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

I just did what someone else suggested as far as sharpening that curve a bit, and I also adjusted the switch itself to angle it more towards the outside of the loop.
I don't have enough plays with the change to confirm that it works yet, but I'll update when I do.

But how did you sharpen?

#6942 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But how did you sharpen?

I just bent the outside rail at the end of the curve in a bit so that it directs the ball more towards the switch. I don't have a picture at the moment, but if you look back the person that recommended it originally had a picture.

#6943 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

I just bent the outside rail at the end of the curve in a bit so that it directs the ball more towards the switch. I don't have a picture at the moment, but if you look back the person that recommended it originally had a picture.

Ah, so just a manual bend.

#6944 3 years ago

the PinballPro Anti-Rattle Tape AR-1 is expensive, but works as advertised.

#6945 3 years ago

Silly question. Why doesn’t the game cut power like others when the coin door is open? Speaking from someone with only 2 pinball games.

#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Silly question. Why doesn’t the game cut power like others when the coin door is open? Speaking from someone with only 2 pinball games.

No interlock switch.

#6947 3 years ago

Is it normal for the right flipper to barely have the strength to make the left ramp? I have the setting maxed at 49 and if I trap on the right and shoot the ramp, the ball will make it to the top maybe one out of three times, very annoying. I actually don't think the flipper strength setting has any effect, like I would expect a noticeable difference between 30 and 49, but too me it's feels the same?

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Is it normal for the right flipper to barely have the strength to make the left ramp? I have the setting maxed at 49 and if I trap on the right and shoot the ramp, the ball will make it to the top maybe one out of three times, very annoying. I actually don't think the flipper strength setting has any effect, like I would expect a noticeable difference between 30 and 49, but too me it's feels the same?

Sounds like something wrong there. I can hit the left ramp from a trap all day @38 flipper power

Maybe check it's not binding up, ie. the correct gap between the bushing and pawl

#6949 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But how did you sharpen?

We were watching slow mo vid of my game and my mates game around that u turn. If u bend the end back towards the inner part of the uturn (marked with red in pic) and that sends the ball over the switch better

IMG_20201019_183851 (resized).jpgIMG_20201019_183851 (resized).jpg
#6950 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Definitely not normal. What is your hold strength at? Keep it at medium or lower otherwise they may overhead and weaken.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/139?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.