(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 405.
#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I don’t know how you qualify pickle Rick. I seem to see it more when I jump a few portals in a row. I did notice that if you hit the mystery shot when pickle rick is qualified, it will start it without having to hit the garage shot.

Lit like any other adventure, it just can’t be the first adventure (garage is more difficult a shot).

#6702 3 years ago

Game froze on me today. I was having a good game too. Got into the scoop for multiball and double hit the flippers immediately. Game released one ball, allowed me to play on for a few seconds with the other ball locked and 3rd ball in scoop, even though the multiball intro was still playing, then the game restarted.

epthegeek

lastest code.

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Game froze on me today. I was having a good game too. Got into the scoop for multiball and double hit the flippers immediately. Game released one ball, allowed me to play on for a few seconds with the other ball locked and 3rd ball in scoop, even though the multiball intro was still playing, then the game restarted.
epthegeek
lastest code.

Send me a log, he says as always.

/“crash” not “freeze”. Very different things.

#6704 3 years ago

1. My left in/out lane lights.
2. Dimension reentry arrow.
3. Slam arrow.
4. Bottom left morty card light.
5. In/out lane GI lights.
6. All left GI lights up side 4 under the big left plastic, and 3 under left ramp.
Are all out.

Message from the underlit Freeeek Kingdom.

20201017_013559 (resized).jpg20201017_013559 (resized).jpg20201017_013726 (resized).jpg20201017_013726 (resized).jpg20201017_014759 (resized).jpg20201017_014759 (resized).jpg

20201017_015443 (resized).jpg20201017_015443 (resized).jpg
#6705 3 years ago

Scratch all that,
The light driver board, in the center of playfield, above the opto board is wonky.
We got it to light, by pressing on the power connector but it wont stay on, or sych colors.

And of course there are a zillion wires in the way. Shit.

Fear and Loathing _ Benecio Del Toro (resized).pngFear and Loathing _ Benecio Del Toro (resized).png

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Send me a log, he says as always.
/“crash” not “freeze”. Very different things.

It definitely didn't freeze. It crashed. I've had mine freeze before and this wasn't it.

I don't have a log as my game is at an on-site location, and I don't carry a flash drive with me. I should start doing that.

#6707 3 years ago

It's unfortunate when you spend all this money on a new machine and have to do stuff like this. Stern switched to plastic brackets likely as cost savings however the added benefit is they are thicker then the metal ones. I feel bad for the newbies who never purchased NIB before and don't know any better.

Yes,isn,t it!!!

#6708 3 years ago

The PD-LED needs a tight connection on the 5V power. Simply spread the 2 pins on the board power connector slightly to get the connector plug to connect tighter and this will fix your issue.

Quoted from gonzo73:

Scratch all that,
The light driver board, in the center of playfield, above the opto board is wonky.
We got it to light, by pressing on the power connector but it wont stay on, or sych colors.
And of course there are a zillion wires in the way. Shit.
[quoted image]

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The PD-LED needs a tight connection on the 5V power. Simply spread the 2 pins on the board power connector slightly to get the connector plug to connect tighter and this will fix your issue.

Good tip! Too much White Claw in the Freeeeeeak Kingdom.

#6710 3 years ago

Just so everyone knows... we are having our supplier check on the legs being slightly more narrow. No idea why they would be, but we'll find out. Pretty sure these are all stamped on 1 machine for all pinball companies. None of us own a giant leg stamper.

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

It definitely didn't freeze. It crashed. I've had mine freeze before and this wasn't it.
I don't have a log as my game is at an on-site location, and I don't carry a flash drive with me. I should start doing that.

Also can you report back exact version of the code you have when you plug in the stick. There’s a bunch of latest versions floating arond.

#6712 3 years ago

Checked the legs on mine today, they are fine, about 1mm gap off the decals. I'm a low number, 20.

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

pictures without and with light. I love it.
And a little video
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why is “Balls” capitalized? After lower case “my”, it makes it looks like “Balls Axl” and “Balls Thanos” are a person’s name.

Should have at least had a comma. “Lick my balls, Axl”

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why is “Balls” capitalized? After lower case “my”, it makes it looks like “Balls Axl” and “Balls Thanos” are a person’s name.
Should have at least had a comma. “Lick my balls, Axl”

Using the King’s English it should of been ...

Lick my balls

<insert grill>

Axl

#6715 3 years ago

#237 arrived today after an absolutely horrible experience w/ R&L Carriers. They “forgot” to put it on the truck on Thursday and Friday, and it finally showed up at 7am this morning (Saturday). I’ll never use them for shipping a pin in the future.

Handful of issues that I’m going to be working my way through - many of these have been reported by others.

- Right flipper button has issues. Top flipper engages first, followed by the bottom one, so I’m guessing the wires are backwards on the dual leafs. The bottom one also doesn’t engage reliably.
- Ridiculous levels of bass. I’ve dialed the sub volume just a hair over completely off (counter clockwise). Seems like it is way too sensitive to the tiniest adjustment. I will need some kind of anti rattle tape for sure.
- Shaker motor is also way too strong, so I’ll open it up and tweak the angle between the weights.
- Getting quite a few air balls on the right ramp. Does it need some kind of shield/protector there? Maybe flipper strength should be dialed down.
- Looks like I’m having the cab decal issue around the legs that others have reported recently. I’m going to either add an additional protector, or some washers/shims. This is more than a little annoying, and makes me not want to play it until I figure out a solution.

Glad to finally have my machine, but wish it were a bit more “ready to play” out of the box.

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

Has anyone had issues with the right turnaround not registering shots? I've gone though switch test and it seems fine but when I use a ball to test it doesn't seem to be hitting the second switch properly to register going round the loop, which means collecting megaseeds and meeseeks is super hard on that shot.
I've tried repositioning the switch but there isn't much give, and its still (intermittently) not registering.
Any advice is appreciated.[quoted image]

I just ran into another game where I hit this shot twice and the megaseed on it didn't collect. I did see the loop light get triggered, so I grabbed the audit logs off the game and will send those along to @epthegeek.

#6717 3 years ago

Shots to the loop back are registered by the switch on the right. Just make sure your switch activates ok with the ball.

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

My game has this damage as well, cutting by the protector isn't going to help much as the damage is from the leg, well outside of the protector.
In my case the game was being played and the legs worked a little loose, allowing the leg to dig into the decal.
even after tightening the legs, they still were pretty much right against the decal, that's not really right.
Its almost as if the leg bends around the protector and into the cabinet, making the metal shim protector basically useless.
I put some of the plastic "slightly larger than the leg" type protectors on and called it a day, mine is a route game anyway.
but I would recommend that people keep the leg bolts tight, and inspect the gap between the leg and cabinet. and you may need to add more protection to be safe.

Yeah it is definitely more about the way the top flange of the leg is formed. I've found it varies quite a bit. It's like some legs are "over-formed" or something. The mounting face forming overall less than 90 degrees, meaning the outer edges project toward the cabinet. When pressing, the same dies can give a different result depending on a few factors, one being material, another being tonnage (or force). More force or less springy material will affect the "set" or the amount of "spring back". If the cabinet protector standoffs were slightly larger all would be fine, one solution.

Example, 1 out of 4 of my TNA legs touches the cabinet no matter where I bolt it on. All other legs there is about 1mm gap at minimum, both sides.

It just means I put that leg on the back, so that it rubs on the rear cabinet face. Just a slightly off kilter pressing, slightly out of tolerance in some way.

Larger leg protector standoffs would be the practical fix, I would rekon.

I don't like the artwork cut away around the leg outline. Same with playfields incidentally, and deleted art around posts etc. , because everyone can't achieve as good as we could 30 years ago, apparently.

#6719 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very similar to the issue I had on the back legs for Dialed In. I just put two nylon washers between the inside leg and the metal standoff and that moved it out enough to stop the contact with the cabinet. Short of a leg redesign, a thicker metal standoff would also take care of this.

More surface area hey? ... a little larger footprint so standoff comes closer to edges of legs.

#6720 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well they should be fine in this case so long as the metal guard under them prevents the plastic guard from hitting the decal at all.

Problem being that the over formed leg would still flex the plastic inward, to a collision course with the cabinet decal just the same They are bigger than leg outline so could be even worse..

#6721 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But...it's so hard...

"THAT's what SHE said!"

#6722 3 years ago

Well,I don't have to say anything anymore, the last hundred posts say it for me! Don't they!!!!

#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,I don't have to say anything anymore, the last hundred posts say it for me! Don't they!!!!

JJP and Stern legs are same story, variability, some legs still get into the cabinet despite the standoffs.

If the standoffs from the supplier extended say 5mm more all the way around, it wouldn't be a problem.

If we needed a canary in a cage for minor pinball issues, you're a prime candidate!!

Try raising minor issues like this in a stern thread, and see if anything pro active ever comes about there!

#6724 3 years ago

One thing is for sure, newer machine legs are thinner and way more flexible than old legs. Just another 'modern perk' of manufacturing things cheaper.

#6725 3 years ago

Well...after several weeks and several mistakes, I have finalized the design. If interested, the mod will be available on the PinballLife website sometime in the the next week or so. I chose to distribute through them as it creates the least amount of work for me.

Many thanks to all the Pinsiders that provided comments and support throughout this process. What a great community we have here! Enjoy.

Link to instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M99yqI-EcPWj1QbXQwtzAMZ-CoG1uaATHaIPvZC7L3Y/edit?usp=sharing
20201018_100715 (resized).jpg20201018_100715 (resized).jpg
Note: the mod is always lit blue but combined with the playfield light show, it appears to turn colors.
20201018_102709 (resized).jpg20201018_102709 (resized).jpg

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well...after several weeks and several mistakes, I have finalized the design. If interested, the mod will be available on the PinballLife website sometime in the the next week or so. I chose to distribute through them as it creates the least amount of work for me.
Many thanks to all the Pinsiders that provided comments and support throughout this process. What a great community we have here! Enjoy.
Link to instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M99yqI-EcPWj1QbXQwtzAMZ-CoG1uaATHaIPvZC7L3Y/edit?usp=sharing
[quoted image]
Note: the mod is always lit blue but combined with the playfield light show, it appears to turn colors.
[quoted image]

very nice!

Can we see a picture of it zoomed out with the rest of the play field in the photo, please?

perfect timing... I need to put an order into PL anyway!

#6727 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

very nice!
Can we see a picture of it zoomed out with the rest of the play field in the photo, please?
perfect timing... I need to put an order into PL anyway!

20201018_105257 (resized).jpg20201018_105257 (resized).jpg
#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

[quoted image]

Looks amazing!

Nice work!!!

Maybe, post a link once its a available on PBL? (if that's allowed)

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

[quoted image]

Looks great. I wanted in on this from the beginning. What's the price? (I don't see it yet on the pinball life site... and, of course, I just placed an order with them yesterday )

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Shots to the loop back are registered by the switch on the right. Just make sure your switch activates ok with the ball.

I've noticed the same issue on my machine. What is the fix for this? The switch activates in test but not in gameplay unless the ball is moving very slowly. Thanks.

#6731 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Looks great. I wanted in on this from the beginning. What's the price? (I don't see it yet on the pinball life site... and, of course, I just placed an order with them yesterday )

Thanks for the kind comments. The mod will be $50.

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

- Right flipper button has issues. Top flipper engages first, followed by the bottom one, so I’m guessing the wires are backwards on the dual leafs. The bottom one also doesn’t engage reliably.

I had same issue. Was not wired backwards. The space between the contacts had to be adjusted to make sure the lower flipper fired before (or at same time) the upper flipper and on a consistent basis. I adjusted the gap between the contacts and it has been good since (knock on wood).

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Thanks for the kind comments. The mod will be $50.

$50 bucks for that!!!

EA652DED-7158-4115-B357-D684346E8093 (resized).jpegEA652DED-7158-4115-B357-D684346E8093 (resized).jpeg

#6734 3 years ago

Well.....after several games with the new mod installed, I can confirm it will not help improve your scores. I am still a terrible player.
20201018_113502 (resized).jpg20201018_113502 (resized).jpg

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well.....after several games with the new mod installed, I can confirm it will not help improve your scores. I am still a terrible player.
[quoted image]

Maybe you installed it incorrectly

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

[quoted image]

And you're missing a ramp screw.

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

That alone could cost you 10,000,000 points.

#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Good eye. Actually. There is a screw missing from each ramp. I only put one screw in the ramps when I am constantly swapping the parts in and out. I will get them installed soon. Thanks!

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

#237 arrived today after an absolutely horrible experience w/ R&L Carriers. They “forgot” to put it on the truck on Thursday and Friday, and it finally showed up at 7am this morning (Saturday). I’ll never use them for shipping a pin in the future.
Handful of issues that I’m going to be working my way through - many of these have been reported by others.
- Ridiculous levels of bass. I’ve dialed the sub volume just a hair over completely off (counter clockwise). Seems like it is way too sensitive to the tiniest adjustment. I will need some kind of anti rattle tape for sure.
- Shaker motor is also way too strong, so I’ll open it up and tweak the angle between the weights.
- Getting quite a few air balls on the right ramp. Does it need some kind of shield/protector there? Maybe flipper strength should be dialed down.
- Looks like I’m having the cab decal issue around the legs that others have reported recently. I’m going to either add an additional protector, or some washers/shims. This is more than a little annoying, and makes me not want to play it until I figure out a solution.
Glad to finally have my machine, but wish it were a bit more “ready to play” out of the box.

I believe there's three power settings for shaker, don't go changing weights until go through settings.

#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Make sure this guy's coindoor lock is extra-tight, seems like he's hard to please...

#6741 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,I don't have to say anything anymore...

That is fantastic news, thanks for the update!

#6742 3 years ago

Holy crap, getting R&M next week, what should I do to protect the decal from the legs??

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Holy crap, getting R&M next week, what should I do to protect the decal from the legs??

Buy the felt protectors from PinballLife. All my JJPs come with them from the factory, I bought a set for RM and it left with zero damage.

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t tried the nylon washer suggestion yet, but that and the felt is what I’m going to try. Just make sure when you install your legs there is space between the leg and the cab.

#6745 3 years ago

I just turned up the lower right and upper right flippers on my game (40 and 25 respectively) and increased the lower right hold power to high as I was getting a lot of dips when the scoop kicked out. First game after making the adjustments was the best I’ve had.

620AE2AF-2F8E-41B6-ADA3-1A8DD6097616 (resized).jpeg620AE2AF-2F8E-41B6-ADA3-1A8DD6097616 (resized).jpeg
#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I just turned up the lower right and upper right flippers on my game (40 and 25 respectively) and increased the lower right hold power to high as I was getting a lot of dips when the scoop kicked out. First game after making the adjustments was the best I’ve had.
[quoted image]

Is there any reason not to put the hold strength to high?

#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Keeps the flipper from collapsing during play.

#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You’d have to ask SpookyLuke or someone more knowledgeable than myself on that one. At first I was thinking the EOS switch needed adjusted by decided to try this first when I saw the option.

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pull off the metal protectors.
Place fender washers under them where the screws are.

Raise them off the game 1/8"

Or get another set and double them up, (probably better and longer lasting, washers tend to crush into the wood over time).

Get longer screws if necessary.

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pull off the metal protectors.
Place fender washers under them where the screws are.
Raise them off the game 1/8"
Or get another set and double them up, (probably better and longer lasting, washers tend to crush into the wood over time).
Get longer screws if necessary.

I wish the decals weren't placed so close to the leg protectors or the leg protectors were more well judged in the first place rather than all these home remedies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/135?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.