(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 404.
#6601 3 years ago

I have a 2015 Honda pilot and just picked up my JJP GNR on Tuesday from FedEx it fit with the box and the pallet attached!

***The seats close to the front are Also on a upward incline not flat.

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yeah, I'm not sure why spooky didn't cut the decals around the leg protectors. that would have eliminated the issue altogether. stern and jjp both do it with their cabinets and decals.
the fix is to score the decal about 1/16" outside of where the leg protector rests, remove the 2 screws holding the leg protector in place, strip out that portion of the decal and then re-attach the leg protector. this should be done upon arrival of machine, even before setting it up.

This can even be done years later. Last year I bought a transformers LE off of pin side and the decals were all wrinkled by the legs. Took my heat gun to them lifted them up and set them back in place then cut them just like you stated. They look perfect now!

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yeah, I'm not sure why spooky didn't cut the decals around the leg protectors. that would have eliminated the issue altogether. stern and jjp both do it with their cabinets and decals.

the fix is to score the decal about 1/16" outside of where the leg protector rests, remove the 2 screws holding the leg protector in place, strip out that portion of the decal and then re-attach the leg protector. this should be done upon arrival of machine, even before setting it up.

My game has this damage as well, cutting by the protector isn't going to help much as the damage is from the leg, well outside of the protector.
In my case the game was being played and the legs worked a little loose, allowing the leg to dig into the decal.
even after tightening the legs, they still were pretty much right against the decal, that's not really right.
Its almost as if the leg bends around the protector and into the cabinet, making the metal shim protector basically useless.
I put some of the plastic "slightly larger than the leg" type protectors on and called it a day, mine is a route game anyway.
but I would recommend that people keep the leg bolts tight, and inspect the gap between the leg and cabinet. and you may need to add more protection to be safe.

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Had this on another game and from memory cut around metal standoffs.....is that the way to do it on any game with this issue?

After the fact, yes. But it would be better if the butter cabs or sticker art didn't run under the standoff.

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so .... another years wait for game 530?
Not sure anymore if I can wait that long

I'm a very patient person, but yeah, I am aching for a new game and don't press the button because I know I have this coming, but with all the great new games coming out it's getting harder not to since this is so far out.

#6606 3 years ago

For those waiting, the great thing about pinball is that the resale value of any machine is generally pretty good. So buy a game that you want, while you are "waiting," enjoy it, and when it's time for your R&M delivery, sell said game or other game in your collection. Counting down the days until your game is ready will make it painful. Don't do that. Enjoy your collection, don't think about how many left or how long it's going to be, and before you know it, you're getting an email from your distro or spooky for your build specs.

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For those waiting, the great thing about pinball is that the resale value of any machine is generally pretty good. So buy a game that you want, while you are "waiting," enjoy it, and when it's time for your R&M delivery, sell said game or other game in your collection. Counting down the days until your game is ready will make it painful. Don't do that. Enjoy your collection, don't think about how many left or how long it's going to be, and before you know it, you're getting an email from your distro or spooky for your build specs.

Waiting for a cab from virtuapin is more painful lol.

Thanks Paul for all you do!

#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yessir. Game is in my garage which is where I spend most of my time playing. It was the same day NimblePin came over to update the code. I can do it, but he likes to stop by with a USB stick hot and ready, and I like to see him once in a while, so I roll with that.
I was playing a game and at first I thought he had left the keys hanging there until I took a closer look. That dude hung out there all evening and would just look at me when I was not playing and I'd swear he was swaying when I was playing. Mantises are very smart. And they are always welcome to hang out if they want. A little more light on the subject.[quoted image]

Like Bigfoot, Someone finally got an action shot of the Coin Door bug! Don't kill him, just find out why he is vexing Spooky's locks and coin door screws!

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

I was surprised too. Mine is a 2017. The extreme corners of the backbox scrapped by the arched opening of the trunk. I suspect the problem was that the middle seats are at a slight incline when folded down, which starts to lift the pin ever so slightly once it's almost all the way in. I don't know if I had flipped the seats forward if it would have made the incline a non-issue, but it would have likely created a problem for the length given the pre-mounted topper (and my lack of tools in the car to remove it).

I have a Honda Pilot 2020 as the current pin hauler. I do agree that the angled arch top is a little tight, but I've fit a data east and a WPC in there no problems -- no scrapes in other words. We have captains chairs on the 2nd row instead of the bench seat, not sure if that matters or not.

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm a very patient person, but yeah, I am aching for a new game and don't press the button because I know I have this coming, but with all the great new games coming out it's getting harder not to since this is so far out.

I am very patient also, but I agree. Jan will already be a year and it's not looking like I am getting it anytime soon.
And some of the new games coming out honestly look a lot better than this game for a similar price

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Like Bigfoot, Someone finally got an action shot of the Coin Door bug! Don't kill him, just find out why he is vexing Spooky's locks and coin door screws!

I would never hurt the little bugger because some nights he is the only company I have. They are so smart they just cling to the outside of my bug zapper and watch lesser creatures of the insect world get fried.

#6612 3 years ago

242 has made it home!

Had some issues out of box - a cable came unplugged in the back box which was preventing the machine from booting all the way. One of my speaker LEDs does not work, the connector is burnt on the speaker side. The amp in the bottom of the machine was free floating (none of the 4 screws were present, or present in the cabinet). The balls it shipped with were pitted and one had a huge gouge in it, I promptly replaced them with silverjets.

I am also having some issues with the flippers dropping when hit with a hard impact from a ball. I have not had much time to troubleshoot that yet.

I called support for help locating the unplugged cable and Luke answered and was very helpful.

Overall pretty happy, the game is very TOUGH! Worth the wait for sure.

#6613 3 years ago

I am very patient also, but I agree. Jan will already be a year and it's not looking like I am getting it anytime soon.
And some of the new games coming out honestly look a lot better than this game for a similar price

Heresy

#6614 3 years ago

I just purchased a deposit for Rick and Morty in the high 600s. I’m excited to get this pin. Is this about a year wait? Any ideas on how many they are putting out each week? Thank you.

#6615 3 years ago

There will always be a shiny new game over the horizon.

#6616 3 years ago

I love my rick and morty
Airbrush preparing for a stream this weekend

43A72D10-B9E1-4C71-9EBD-CAB923D754E8 (resized).jpeg43A72D10-B9E1-4C71-9EBD-CAB923D754E8 (resized).jpeg63CEB55E-2564-4938-85B6-8F02E4AC5737 (resized).jpeg63CEB55E-2564-4938-85B6-8F02E4AC5737 (resized).jpeg
#6617 3 years ago

Hahahaha that is awesome!

#6618 3 years ago

It seems that Jerry got a job at R&L Carriers. #237 was supposed to be delivered today but I just got a call that they forgot to load it on the truck this morning. I am promised that it will be first delivery tomorrow - we shall see.

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

I love my rick and morty
[quoted image][quoted image]

LOL, that's friggin hilarious.

#6620 3 years ago

I love my rick and morty

Post a pic when you put it back in the game with it turned on.

#6621 3 years ago

I love my rick and morty

That made me laugh. Nice!

#6622 3 years ago

I love my rick and morty

Gorgeous statement, as always a perfect implementation.

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

242 has made it home!
Had some issues out of box - a cable came unplugged in the back box which was preventing the machine from booting all the way. One of my speaker LEDs does not work, the connector is burnt on the speaker side. The amp in the bottom of the machine was free floating (none of the 4 screws were present, or present in the cabinet). The balls it shipped with were pitted and one had a huge gouge in it, I promptly replaced them with silverjets.
I am also having some issues with the flippers dropping when hit with a hard impact from a ball. I have not had much time to troubleshoot that yet.
I called support for help locating the unplugged cable and Luke answered and was very helpful.
Overall pretty happy, the game is very TOUGH! Worth the wait for sure.

Raise your hold power on lower right flipper,

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

After the fact, yes. But it would be better if the butter cabs or sticker art didn't run under the standoff.

I add these to games as just adds a bit of protection.

$6 EBAY.

A (resized).jpgA (resized).jpg
#6625 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

My game has this damage as well, cutting by the protector isn't going to help much as the damage is from the leg, well outside of the protector.
In my case the game was being played and the legs worked a little loose, allowing the leg to dig into the decal.
even after tightening the legs, they still were pretty much right against the decal, that's not really right.
Its almost as if the leg bends around the protector and into the cabinet, making the metal shim protector basically useless.
I put some of the plastic "slightly larger than the leg" type protectors on and called it a day, mine is a route game anyway.
but I would recommend that people keep the leg bolts tight, and inspect the gap between the leg and cabinet. and you may need to add more protection to be safe.

Part of the problem is the metal protectors they use are so thin so sometimes the legs can still come in contact with the cabinet. These legs are stamped so there will be variability in the curvature around the tops of the legs. That is why I typically double up with 2 sets of metal protectors on my games just to create a larger gap between the leg and cabinet.

#6626 3 years ago

#250 is in the house!

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadetreasures:

#250 is in the house!

Best news I've heard all day.

#6628 3 years ago
D0655F5F-4486-4B9D-926F-D1A8D5BD90F2 (resized).jpegD0655F5F-4486-4B9D-926F-D1A8D5BD90F2 (resized).jpeg
#6629 3 years ago

How is everyone setting the lower flippers? Slightly high how they come from the factory, so that the right ramp is backhand able? Or in a more traditional bally/williams setup

IMG20201001185228 (resized).jpgIMG20201001185228 (resized).jpg
#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

How is everyone setting the lower flippers?

I tend to line the hole in the playfield up with the outer edge of the flipper rubber. A toothpick works great if your eyes aren't up to the task.

#6631 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

[quoted image]

Wait until you see Spooky’s latest inside cab snarky sticker:

7A16E90F-9A3C-4C6E-9F5A-9C1F3F106487 (resized).jpeg7A16E90F-9A3C-4C6E-9F5A-9C1F3F106487 (resized).jpeg
#6632 3 years ago

I love my rick and morty

That is officially the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen done to a pinball machine. Good luck selling it.

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is officially the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen done to a pinball machine. Good luck selling it.

Why would he sell it?

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

How is everyone setting the lower flippers? Slightly high how they come from the factory, so that the right ramp is backhand able? Or in a more traditional bally/williams setup

I have the same question.

But on mine I can post pass from left to right. But I can't post pass from right to left.

On yours, can you do a right to left post pass?

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not everyone is buying this pin to kick it down the road 2 weeks later This got a laugh out of me, and he can always take off the topical Axl/Thanos reference if he does decide to sell it down the line. If you want to see something much, much dumber, go swing by the Trump/RCT thread.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well to be fair, it's a very Rick thing to do...

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That all depends on location. I hate moving games in and out, and there's a lack of sellers and buyers near me as well. I buy games I intend to keep, I'm not into the buy it and playing 20 games on it then selling it in a month....I've actually..never sold a game lol. I've had some of these for over 20 years.

#6638 3 years ago

So it looks like I'm the only R&M owner whose pop light never worked properly. It went from hardly lighting at all to now out completely.

I've adjusted the bulb which helps temporarily but then dies out. I'm assuming that I have to completely remove the housing and re-solder each wire. I don't exactly know how to do this since the housing is so hard to get into.

I'm not complaining, just writing notes for any future owner who has the same issue. Hopefully I will figure this out and help others down the road who have the same issue. Totally annoying since it looks like such a big part of the game. It never turned white, never blinked at the start of a game for a megaseed alert, and never blinked at the start of pickle rick. It lit every other time but those 3 times. Now it doesn't work at all.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So it looks like I'm the only R&M owner whose pop light never worked properly. It went from hardly lighting at all to now out completely.
I've adjusted the bulb which helps temporarily but then dies out. I'm assuming that I have to completely remove the housing and re-solder each wire. I don't exactly know how to do this since the housing is so hard to get into.
I'm not complaining, just writing notes for any future owner who has the same issue. Hopefully I will figure this out and help others down the road who have the same issue. Totally annoying since it looks like such a big part of the game. It never turned white, never blinked at the start of a game for a megaseed alert, and never blinked at the start of pickle rick. It lit every other time but those 3 times. Now it doesn't work at all.

Isn't this a waurantee issue?

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Not everyone is buying this pin to kick it down the road 2 weeks later This got a laugh out of me, and he can always take off the topical Axl/Thanos reference if he does decide to sell it down the line. If you want to see something much, much dumber, go swing by the Trump/RCT thread.

I'm guessing he at least gave it a good go. Probably would have made his life easier selling his spot prior to having it shipped to him, moved in, unpacked, setup, got a buyer, wrapped up, sent out, etc.

Definitely easier to just sell that spot, sans hassle, if the intention was to kick it down the road.

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I have the same question.
But on mine I can post pass from left to right. But I can't post pass from right to left.
On yours, can you do a right to left post pass?

Mine is exactly the same, can post pass left to right, but not right to left reliably.
I'm putting a set of titans on this weeknd, so I may try setting the flippers in a more traditional way, same as the rest of my games, the same as odin described

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If only he had a way of covering up what he painted

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Why would he sell it?

You know what? You're right. When you buy a pinball machine you're absolutely entitled to do whatever you want to it. Not for me to judge.

I saw a Jurassic Park that was powder coated like a hotdog stand the other day, but if it makes the owner happy...more power to him.

#6644 3 years ago

He airbrushes and paints pinball machines professionally. Hes also overseas... Pretty sure he'll be ok.

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

He airbrushes and paints pinball machines professionally.

His stuff is so nice.

#6646 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

His stuff is so nice.

I agree, the guy is really talented and does some really cool stuff.

#6647 3 years ago

Hey guys, can someone take a picture of thier shaker motor and post it R&M of course. And where its mounted??
Is it hidden? I might be starring at it and not seeing it?
I might have a slight problem.
20201015_202505 (resized).jpg20201015_202505 (resized).jpg

20201015_203554 (resized).jpg20201015_203554 (resized).jpg
#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Hey guys, can someone take a picture of thier shaker motor and post it R&M of course. And where its mounted??
I might have a slight problem.[quoted image]

Uhhhhh, you don’t have a shaker motor
Also, was it yourself that said your amp want screed into cab either?

Not coool

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Is it hidden? I might be starring at it and not seeing it?
I might have a slight problem.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Send an email to Spooky.
They will make it right.

#6650 3 years ago

No not me, the subwoofer was so loud and rattly , I assumed it was the shaker!
Looks like Spooky had a bad day.
Not a biggie.
I'll contact my distributer.
Mayby Spookey will send me cheese puffs with my shaker!

Message from the non Shaking Freeeek Kingdom.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/133?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.