(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 405.
#6451 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The right flipper has an elongated physical switch that can be problematic so look through the key posts... maybe look for the one's with O-din in them as he went to a clear disk that is available from Pinball Life as an alternative (and hopefully problem-free) method.

Just checked out o-din's post about the clear plastic washer fix. He ended up changing it out though and modifying the switch with another leaf blade or something as apparently it wasn't a 100% fix. I would have thought there was a more definitive fix for this by now. I guess I'll try the clear washer and see what happens.

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Just checked out o-din's post about the clear plastic washer fix. He ended up changing it out though and modifying the switch with another leaf blade or something as apparently it wasn't a 100% fix. I would have thought there was a more definitive fix for this by now. I guess I'll try the clear washer and see what happens.

Maybe try cleaning and gapping the right flipper leaf switch first and see if that somehow clears up the issue. Another poster mentioned this and sometimes the simple fixes do wonders.

Good luck! I hate intermittent issues myself.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So get Schwifty as last adventure, drained out without finishing - no reset or tilt. Right? Will try to recreate/fix.

Yes sir.

Awesome, thanks!

#6454 3 years ago

i am number 501 and would like to squeeze in a another nib before this arrives. at this rate around when would 501 be built?

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am number 501 and would like to squeeze in a another nib before this arrives. at this rate around when would 501 be built?

I’m #434 and estimated around end of January/February.

So maybe end of March for you?

#6456 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I’m #434 and estimated around end of January/February.
So maybe end of March for you?

right around the corner.
thanks

#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe try cleaning and gapping the right flipper leaf switch first and see if that somehow clears up the issue. Another poster mentioned this and sometimes the simple fixes do wonders.
Good luck! I hate intermittent issues myself.

Hi Manic - Just so you know, the machine is two days old. I wouldn't think it needs cleaning. It doesn't make sense to me that the upper flipper would activate and the lower wouldn't. When the flipper button is pushed, doesn't the blade for the bottom flipper have to make contact in order for the blade for the upper flipper to be contacted?

#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I had a similar issue, the leaf switch for the lower right flipper somehow relaxed a little and the gap between contacts was bigger than the left flipper’s leaf switch gap, just took a flathead and gently pushed it closer together (without touching) and it’s hit fine ever since, easy fix

Thanks for reaching out. Did you experience the upper flipper activating with the lower flipper not? I'm thinking that the upper flipper blade couldn't be touched unless the blade for the lower flipper makes contact, no?

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Manic - Just so you know, the machine is two days old. I wouldn't think it needs cleaning. It doesn't make sense to me that the upper flipper would activate and the lower wouldn't. When the flipper button is pushed, doesn't the blade for the bottom flipper have to make contact in order for the blade for the upper flipper to be contacted?

When you press the button it makes two leaf switched connect, it's a matter of balance. If it's angled so one touches well before the other, it can cause issues. Try bending so they connect about the same time (or the top connects after the bottom if you want the flippers to stage).

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Thanks for reaching out. Did you experience the upper flipper activating with the lower flipper not? I'm thinking that the upper flipper blade couldn't be touched unless the blade for the lower flipper makes contact, no?

Yes the upper flipper was working great but the lower right one was intermittent and got weak and sometimes would only half flip or not flip at all etc... just close the gap a little on the long leaf that the flipper button touches, but make sure it’s not touching when at rest, and then test it out, easy fix and you should be good to go

#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I'm sure it is posted somewhere in here as I'm sure others have experienced it but I can't locate it. I've found in a couple of games that the bottom right flipper will stop working in the middle of a game and yet the upper flipper still works when the flipper button is pressed. After several presses, the lower flipper might flutter a couple times when pressing the button and then it comes back to normal. Anybody have this happen and is there a known fix? BTW I just got the machine and it is running 8/26/20 code. Thanks in advance.

Test to see which switch controls which flipper (on the right side). It is definitely an issue with the switches not making solid contact. Check to make sure that the switch touching the flipper button (outer or "right" side switch) controls the lower flipper, and the switch on the "inside" (closer to the coin door) controls the upper flipper.

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Test to see which switch controls which flipper (on the right side). It is definitely an issue with the switches not making solid contact. Check to make sure that the switch touching the flipper button (outer or "right" side switch) controls the lower flipper, and the switch on the "inside" (closer to the coin door) controls the upper flipper.

Thanks everyone. I'll try to manually adjust the leaf blades and see what happens. However, I've never heard of the "outer" switch blade (first to make contact) controlling the upper flipper on a machine. If they are designed to activate the lower flipper first, how could it somehow be reversed? Sorry for my lack of understanding.

#6463 3 years ago

Can anyone who's got a game recently tell us if the loop/garage diverter area issues have been taken care of at the factory or is there still tweaking that has to be done?

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone who's got a game recently tell us if the loop/garage diverter area issues have been taken care of at the factory or is there still tweaking that has to be done?

My loop is great. Can't tell if the garage shot is just hard, or has some clunk.

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't speak for everyone, but 192 shoots great out of the box. Loop goes good, once you find it, it's sweet, I hit it all the time, got a 5 or 6x once. Loops better then my getaway or bk2k, but every now and then it clunks and stops, but that is rare.
Garage shots hard, but works fine when you hit it. I adjusted the rail feeding the upper flipper, just dropped it as close to the flipper as the slots in the tabs allow, that's the only playfield adjustment I made. Left ramps a hard shot, just adjusted the flipper power up to 38 on the lower flippers and that took care of that.
I'm loving the game, only game I've ever cracked up laughing over.... But I've never said fuck you so much to a pinball machine before!!
So much personality
Refreshing change

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I can't speak for everyone, but 192 shoots great out of the box. Loop goes good, once you find it, it's sweet, I hit it all the time, got a 5 or 6x once. Loops better then my getaway or bk2k, but every now and then it clunks and stops, but that is rare.
Garage shots hard, but works fine when you hit it. I adjusted the rail feeding the upper flipper, just dropped it as close to the flipper as the slots in the tabs allow, that's the only playfield adjustment I made. Left ramps a hard shot, just adjusted the flipper power up to 38 on the lower flippers and that took care of that.
I'm loving the game, only game I've ever cracked up laughing over.... But I've never said fuck you so much to a pinball machine before!!
So much personality
Refreshing change

Exactly!!!!

#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Thanks everyone. I'll try to manually adjust the leaf blades and see what happens. However, I've never heard of the "outer" switch blade (first to make contact) controlling the upper flipper on a machine. If they are designed to activate the lower flipper first, how could it somehow be reversed? Sorry for my lack of understanding.

Yes the longer leaf against the cabinet should be the bottom flipper afaik. Yes it will close first.

It seems we are considering the possibility upper and lower might be swapped somewhere?, explaining how the bottom flipper might be intermittent, being controlled by the shorter inner switch (not making good second step contact).

If this has happened, adjusting the switches may aleviate the intermittent flipper, but they would then always still have to be staging backwards.

#6468 3 years ago

New public build posted. I know this is a bit rapid fire after the last one, I feel bad. I jumped the gun a bit after the sweeping changes to work on the freezing issue.

https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

Build 2020.10.12:
- Added: Auto-launch ball after X seconds setting in "Machine (Standard)"
- Added: Visual Indication at multiball start when the ship optos are disabled - The
full slot blinks red.
- Fixed: Whirly Dirly kills total didn't reset within the same game due to a typo.
- Fixed: Crash issue with clearing text layers in GMB with the new layer management.
- Fixed: Possible crash related to adventures ending because of the new layer management.
- Fixed: The change to the ship to detect locks faster created a situation where the game
could crash if you hit one drop and then the other close together with 2 balls locked.
- Fixed: The "don't register any shots in the ship after MB release" bit wasn't working 100%

#6469 3 years ago

I recently changed the fan out on this game PinMonk and the difference is ridiculous. I was on the fence b/c it didn’t bother me that much but wow, highly recommended.

#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Both shots were makeable on #235. That said, I pulled the plastic over the re-entry last night to look at the curve on the garage shot. I did adjust to try to make the curve in the rail smoother based on iepinball post 2300. I do think smoothing the curve in the rail helped to make it a little smoother, and I think I will pull the left ramp to take a look at the upper orbit. I'm hoping to get them both shooting like butter. I've also had an issue with the right orbit shot being made, but killing the ball momentum. I've seen the same thing happening on a local MET prem that is out on location. I'll probably take a slow mo video of that to try to figure out what is going on.

#6471 3 years ago

My game is shooting well. The one issue I need to iron out is the return to the upper flipper from the inner loop. The orbit rail bend just below the exit from the left ramp (where the ball drops) is a bit too sharp which makes the ball sometimes rattle when it goes around just before it makes it to the upper flipper. I confirmed this with some slow mo footage. I need to go back and check out iepinball posts and see if he did anything with that. I was going to try removing the mounting screw at that point to add a bit more flex to the guide. Anyone having issues with that part of the shot?

I also notice every now and then there is a hang at the top of orbit. Feels like it might have to do with the diverter. Doesn't happen enough to make me want to take everything apart to get to it.

Would love to see if there is a solution to center scoop rejects. It is funny that I nail the scoop all the time when I don't want to but when I need to hit that shot, it will sometimes reject It doesn't happen often and recovery from the reject is usually easy but still would like tips on how to reduce it if possible.

Quoted from JustEverett:

I've also had an issue with the right orbit shot being made, but killing the ball momentum. I've seen the same thing happening on a local MET prem that is out on location. I'll probably take a slow mo video of that to try to figure out what is going on.

When I upped the left flipper strength a little bit, that seemed to help. My right orbit shot into the garage is really nice right now!

#6472 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Could be how the wiring was soldered on and if the play tester didn't try to stage flip, wouldn't ever see it. It would be worth checking since you'll have the PF up anyways.

If you don't know, stage flipping is pressing the flipper button just enough to activate the lower flipper while keep the upper flipper deactivated. You are pressing one switch out of the two that are stacked.

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My game is shooting well.
When I upped the left flipper strength a little bit, that seemed to help. My right orbit shot into the garage is really nice right now!

I was just thinking on the final game I played last night that I need to up the flipper power a bit. I'm not really having much issue with scoop reject. I was pretty concerned about that after playing the first R&M I found out in the wild, but mine seems pretty solid. I haven't looked to see if they factory installed the washers, but I don't think they did as the scoop is riding fairly flush to the pf.

#6474 3 years ago

I wonder what a person who is not a Rick and Morty fan will think when the game ends and the machine tells them " Thanks for your money loser " when the game ends. Made me laugh but I could see it making a drunk person kick the machine.

#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yes the longer leaf against the cabinet should be the bottom flipper afaik. Yes it will close first.
It seems we are considering the possibility upper and lower might be swapped somewhere?, explaining how the bottom flipper might be intermittent, being controlled by the shorter inner switch (not making good second step contact).
If this has happened, adjusting the switches may aleviate the intermittent flipper, but they would then always still have to be staging backwards.

I don't believe they are staged backwards and I dont see how that is possible. I'm just having trouble understanding how the first contact (lower flipper) is an issue if the second contact (upper flipper) is not. My thinking is that the second contact can't be made unless the first contact is made. Hope that makes sense.

#6476 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Could be how the wiring was soldered on and if the play tester didn't try to stage flip, wouldn't ever see it. It would be worth checking since you'll have the PF up anyways.
If you don't know, stage flipping is pressing the flipper button just enough to activate the lower flipper while keep the upper flipper deactivated. You are pressing one switch out of the two that are stacked.

Understood and will check it out. Thanks

#6477 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Understood and will check it out. Thanks

Awweee gees awww man, you you guys are like really over complicating this thing man... guess what, the upper flipper Can fire fine while the lower one doesn’t, the switches aren’t the other way around and the soldering isn’t messed up, just reduce the gap on the long leaf that the flipper button touches first like I noted in earlier post and you could be playing your game fine and enjoying it. If that doesn’t solve it then report back, but it sounds like you havnt even tried it yet

#6478 3 years ago

Uhh... what? This happened after the last posted update. epthegeek
E013C44A-1522-4563-8EB0-477D2A2F47F7 (resized).jpegE013C44A-1522-4563-8EB0-477D2A2F47F7 (resized).jpeg

#6479 3 years ago

Download the update again, format the usb stick as fat32 and try again. Happened to me once before.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Uhh... what? This happened after the last posted update. epthegeek
[quoted image]

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Download the update again, format the usb stick as fat32 and try again. Happened to me once before.

Happened to me too.
I used to have a little trouble updating, often having to do it twice before it worked, but have discovered if I quick format the USB stick every time before putting the update on the stick it works fine every time. Touch wood.

#6481 3 years ago

I watched all the attract modes and found them all top notch.

Ants in my Eyes
II Brothers
Plumbus
Turbulent Juice
Blitz and Chitz

.... but would like to see some more added. Why - because variety is good? My top picks would be:

Real Fake Doors
Strawberry Smiggles
Jan Quadrant Vincent 16
Lil' Bits

There are two good ones that are not officially in the R&M show but we’re licensed by Adult Swim.

Simpsons Couch Gag - R&M
R&M x Run the Jewels:Oh Mama

#6482 3 years ago

Just got my "shipping soon" email from Joe at Pinballstar. 237.

#6483 3 years ago

F5 F5 F5

#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Awweee gees awww man, you you guys are like really over complicating this thing man... guess what, the upper flipper Can fire fine while the lower one doesn’t, the switches aren’t the other way around and the soldering isn’t messed up, just reduce the gap on the long leaf that the flipper button touches first like I noted in earlier post and you could be playing your game fine and enjoying it. If that doesn’t solve it then report back, but it sounds like you havnt even tried it yet

I only suggested it because in my game, the wiring to switches were in fact reversed. The first switch fired the upper flipper and the second switch fired the lower flipper. When I went to stage flip, the upper flipper was held up while the lower flipper was down, so it is within reason to suggest that the wiring might be soldered incorrectly. OP needs to see what the actual problem is, like you mentioned. He needs to see what's happening first.

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I watched all the attract modes and found them all top notch.

.... but would like to see some more added. Why - because variety is good? My top picks would be:
Real Fake Doors
Strawberry Smiggles

These two plus 'Simple Ricks' would be awesome!

#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hard to try when at work and machine is at home

#6487 3 years ago

On the newest built that was posted today, I just had a weird game ending glitch. Was playing Roy, and switched dimensions. Had a meeseeks on the left side of the u turn, along with a megaseed. Hit that shot, but drained, right after the drain a ball save timer started and it kept serving balls, but the flippers wouldn't work. Then it started ball 3, served it up, but again, no flippers, game ended. It then acted like it was missing a ball, did one ball search, then went back to normal.

I was a bit disappointed because I had a killer ball going!

#6488 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Ahh, thank you. I did indeed reformat the thumb but not Fat32 like I thought. I checked again because of this reply. Huge help, ty.

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

On the newest built that was posted today, I just had a weird game ending glitch. Was playing Roy, and switched dimensions. Had a meeseeks on the left side of the u turn, along with a megaseed. Hit that shot, but drained, right after the drain a ball save timer started and it kept serving balls, but the flippers wouldn't work. Then it started ball 3, served it up, but again, no flippers, game ended. It then acted like it was missing a ball, did one ball search, then went back to normal.
I was a bit disappointed because I had a killer ball going!

Ooof. A race condition between Mania starting and the game draining. That window of time has to be pretty small.

/puts it on the list

#6490 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ooof. A race condition between Mania starting and the game draining. That window of time has to be pretty small.
/puts it on the list

Thanks man, couldn't do it again if I tried I'm sure.

#6491 3 years ago

Would it be possible to change the ball eject? Them popping into the shooting lane and having to stick a finger in there to pop it up is a little weird. I would hate to accidentally hit the gun and break it.

Would be nice if they popped out, then shot up to catch rolling down.

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Would it be possible to change the ball eject? Them popping into the shooting lane and having to stick a finger in there to pop it up is a little weird. I would hate to accidentally hit the gun and break it.

Huh?

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Are you talking about the service menu "empty the balls" thing? Maybe you should all have a janky whitewood like me. There's no gun in the way on mine.

#6494 3 years ago

I have the coil cooling kits modified for Spooky machines and pretty close to done using TNA, but I'd like to also have them tried on Rick and Morty.

EDIT: Have Spooky coil cooling kit testing slots full up now, thanks!

#6495 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Buy a telescoping magnet.
It’s quite useful for balls that get stuck in random hard to reach places as well as picking up nuts and screw from the bottom of cabinets.

https://www.amazon.com/SE-8036TM-NEW-Telescoping-Magnetic-Capacity/dp/B000RB3XBA#

#6496 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Are you talking about the service menu "empty the balls" thing? Maybe you should all have a janky whitewood like me. There's no gun in the way on mine.

Yeah. The lit portal gun makes it so you have to pop them up quickly as they come out with one finger.

You mean a collectors edition.

#6497 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the right turnaround not registering shots? I've gone though switch test and it seems fine but when I use a ball to test it doesn't seem to be hitting the second switch properly to register going round the loop, which means collecting megaseeds and meeseeks is super hard on that shot.

I've tried repositioning the switch but there isn't much give, and its still (intermittently) not registering.

Any advice is appreciated.

20201006_201225 (resized).jpg20201006_201225 (resized).jpg
#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

Has anyone had issues with the right turnaround not registering shots? I've gone though switch test and it seems fine but when I use a ball to test it doesn't seem to be hitting the second switch properly to register going round the loop, which means collecting megaseeds and meeseeks is super hard on that shot.
I've tried repositioning the switch but there isn't much give, and its still (intermittently) not registering.
Any advice is appreciated.[quoted image]

I, too, have had some bad luck with this sometimes, though I feel that way about a few shots here and there around the car as well. I wonder if there are some things in the code that are trying to determine where the ball was coming from and maybe that is causing a switch to not fire for some reason?

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I only suggested it because in my game, the wiring to switches were in fact reversed. The first switch fired the upper flipper and the second switch fired the lower flipper. When I went to stage flip, the upper flipper was held up while the lower flipper was down, so it is within reason to suggest that the wiring might be soldered incorrectly. OP needs to see what the actual problem is, like you mentioned. He needs to see what's happening first.

This reminds me i need to check mine. Shortly after pickup, i was having an issue with my lower flipper. I re-gapped the switch and the issue cleared on the lower flipper. However, i did notice the same behavior you described: that the upper flipper would stay engaged while stage flipping, but the lower would go down.

#6500 3 years ago

I have noticed a few interesting things that I'm wondering if epthegeek is aware of. During some of the screens like after ball end or after entering high score initials, the flipper buttons themselves are still active and effect either the screen, or the logic in the game. Most of the time it is inconsequential (i.e. just moving the cursor around the letters for high score entry, decrementing flips from a failed attempt at blood dome, etc.), but with the magnet in particular I have found that you can use up your charge when sitting in the bonus count animation. Maybe it would be worth deactivating input entire during these otherwise non-interactive screens? It could also be a punishment for the ever eager button masher, but I figured I would toss out the idea

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
9,999 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/130?hl=iwasthebruce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.