(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 404.
#6401 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Is it just me, or does it always sound like Rick is about to say something whenever you switch the power off the machine? It’s like it starts to play a sound clip but you hear just a fraction of a second of it before it powers down. Just a weird little thing I keep noticing.

Yes! I hear this too every time.

#6402 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Yes! I hear this too every time.

I'm no programmer, or anything. Just a thought though, could this be some programming unclosed loop or mismatch... a leftover or whatever, maybe leading to wierd gremlins at next powerup?

Sometimes even the smallest wierd things could be useful, I would guess. Could mean nothing, but at least we know.

Could it be happening with every game with that code, and only a few people notice? ... is it processing a voice file? .... is it just man in the moon speaker noise?

#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

#226 being delivered Monday, 10/12.

Couldn't wait until Monday. #226 is home.

IMG_3036 (resized).jpgIMG_3036 (resized).jpgIMG_3037 (resized).jpgIMG_3037 (resized).jpg
#6404 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Couldn't wait until Monday. #226 is home.

Well, then you better move it off your Wish List!

Congrats. Now unpack that puppy.

#6405 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well, then you better move it off your Wish List!
Congrats. Now unpack that puppy.

Forgot about that! The wishlist... not unpacking it.

#6406 3 years ago

So I guess my pop light never worked properly and I never knew until recently.

Below is a video of the light. As you can see it is working but it’s not staying lit, not flashing red during multi ball, not starting off blinking purple to show there is a megaseed, etc.

The light is fastened into the housing unit. Nothing is loose as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

It seems like I’m missing out on a lot and that makes me sad.

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So I guess my pop light never worked properly and I never knew until recently.
Below is a video of the light. As you can see it is working but it’s not staying lit, not flashing red during multi ball, not starting off blinking purple to show there is a megaseed, etc.
The light is fastened into the housing unit. Nothing is loose as far as I can tell. Any ideas?
It seems like I’m missing out on a lot and that makes me sad.

Try running the led checks to see better which light is broken.

My pop light had its connection reversed and lit the wrong colors. After reversing it all is good.

#6408 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Try running the led checks to see better which light is broken.
My pop light had its connection reversed and lit the wrong colors. After reversing it all is good.

Oh that's interesting. Although my light is lighting the correct colors when it does light up as you can see in the video, it's just not doing anything at all the rest of the time. Hmm, I'm not sure if that's it.

My game is off site so I'd have to drive there to try it out. Anybody else with an idea so that I'm not going back and forth a million times?

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm no programmer, or anything. Just a thought though, could this be some programming unclosed loop or mismatch... a leftover or whatever, maybe leading to wierd gremlins at next powerup?
Sometimes even the smallest wierd things could be useful, I would guess. Could mean nothing, but at least we know.
Could it be happening with every game with that code, and only a few people notice? ... is it processing a voice file? .... is it just man in the moon speaker noise?

Maybe it’s intentional...like Rick is trying to tell you something and you have to turn the machine back on and play another game to find out.

So, how have things been coming along with the game and code and what not? Due to weather conditions we’ve not been able to play ours at all for over six weeks now.

#6410 3 years ago

Stupid question while I'm unboxing the game. Where do you load the ball for the"2nd trough"? Thanks.

#6411 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Stupid question while I'm unboxing the game. Where do you load the ball for the"2nd trough"? Thanks.

You can either put it in the portal by hand, or just dump them all in the main trough like normal and the game will keep the first one that goes in the portal and launch a new one.

#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can either put it in the portal by hand, or just dump them all in the main trough like normal and the game will keep the first one that goes in the portal and launch a new one.

Thank you.

#6413 3 years ago

My friend pointed out that both left lane's, out and in lane, lights are dead.

Idea's??

I lifted the playfield, the connectors are still hot glued in the sockets.

?????

Message from the dimension that prefers old style bayonet bulb sockets in their games.

#6414 3 years ago

Its kinda surprising that Spooky is still turning out this title with so many little problems ! Thought Spooky would have a handle on this by now! Don't look badly on this post, just not the "tech guy" that most of you seem to be! Don't want to get my pin unboxed to find out its got bugs I can't identify, and can't play!!

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Its kinda surprising that Spooky is still turning out this title with so many little problems ! Thought Spooky would have a handle on this by now! Don't look badly on this post, just not the "tech guy" that most of you seem to be! Don't want to get my pin unboxed to find out its got bugs I can't identify, and can't play!!

What are these tech problems you are identifying? Where to load the ball? A light or two not working? I’m not seeing a litany of problems being identified by people. Just normal pinball things.

#6416 3 years ago

Since we are gettin to over 300 out there... could you owners tell us waiting if there are any options on the build sheet that are must haves or any options that are duds?

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You want the real answer of the one I made up??? How about 1 of each?

Answer 1: The vocal trigger upon turning the game off is because the switch boards are powering down just a fraction of a second earlier than the P3-ROC and the computer. The computer thinks these switches are being triggered and what you are hearing could be a flipper switch callout in attract mode, or the start of the service menu entry callout. I looked into adding a capacitor to the 12v line, since it powered down first, to prevent this on TNA, but decided it was dumb to add cost for something that is not really an issue.

Answer 2: Your house is haunted and Rick is subliminally trying to tell you to have a party. Jimmy werewolf is waiting anxiously.

--Scott

#6418 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

You are probably seeing a bunch of people reporting back Beta code test results, which is why Eric took that to a more private group. That feedback does not really belong here. Other than that, this is mostly normal pinball stuff that I am seeing.
--Scott

#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Since we are gettin to over 300 out there... could you owners tell us waiting if there are any options on the build sheet that are must haves or any options that are duds?

Shaker, knocker, interactive speaker lights, target decals. Those are must haves. I wish the speaker lights were multichannel to create more animated effects but they are still cool and necessary IMO.

#6420 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Shaker, knocker, interactive speaker lights, target decals. Those are must haves. I wish the speaker lights were multichannel to create more animated effects but they are still cool and necessary IMO.

Plastic Protectors too.

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

No issues with my game. I set it up Thursday and between me and friends, there are probably 50-100 games on it. We had a few crash issues on the 2020.09.28 build that the game shipped with, but the new public code resolved those. I don't get why you only pop up to make negative comments in the owners club thread. R&M isn't in your collection. Do you have a deposit it down?

Bottom line is Spooky has grown so much as a company. Their games improve leaps and bounds with each new game. I have a TNA, ACNC, and R&M in my basement right now, and had a discussion with a friend last night about how much Spooky has improved their product over such a short time.

#6422 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Plastic Protectors too.

oh yea. Knew I was forgetting something!

#6423 3 years ago

No issues with your game??? It only crashed with the code it had??? Got new code and it was ok??? 50 to 100 games before it crashed??? There coming to take me away, ha,ha,there going to take me away, ha ha ho ho, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy with broken toys and birds and baskets, and flowers and things, there coming to take we awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

No issues with your game??? It only crashed with the code it had??? Got new code and it was ok??? 50 to 100 games before it crashed??? There coming to take me away, ha,ha,there going to take me away, ha ha ho ho, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy with broken toys and birds and baskets, and flowers and things, there coming to take we awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

1a39jj (resized).jpg1a39jj (resized).jpg
#6425 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Those of us with the machines are having fun and are probably the type of early adopters that expect to have some hiccups along the way to perfection. If you pay attention to this thread it is clear the code is still developing, and realistically at this point the game is far enough along you can really enjoy the experience. I only saw crashes happen after playing for a few hours and abusing restarts, and I know what I'm getting myself into. As mentioned before, if all you are looking to do is troll, you aren't going to find much support here.

#6426 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

What number are you?

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What number are you?

He's #499...I know because he PMed me ranting and raving about all my negativity. Pots and kettle or some shit.

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

This reads like a Facebook post

#6429 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

dude wtf is wrong with you? maybe they should take you away, out of this thread.

#6430 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

#6431 3 years ago

#229 is all setup! Need to spend some time levelling it, and the flippers needed a bit of adjustment, but can't wait to dig more into it!

PXL_20201011_164428578.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_164428578.MP (resized).jpg
#6432 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

This reads like a Facebook post

A 50 y/o Karen facebook post.

#6433 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

You need a valium.

#6434 3 years ago

I think it's safe to say anyone who has played this game knows hawkmoon is obsessing superfluously. On to the next dimension, hopefully one without a screaming sun.

rick-and-morty-screaming-sun (resized).jpgrick-and-morty-screaming-sun (resized).jpg

#6435 3 years ago

The screaming sun is THE BEST! That’s when you know you just scored an EB!

#6436 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I lit my first EB yesterday morning and didn't collect

#6437 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I laughed my ass off the first time the screening sun came up.

#6438 3 years ago

Our friend suggested to me to change the replay award from free game, to extra ball.
That helps kick up the scores a little

Love that screaming sun!
And fart dimension with multiball..... That will never grow old

#6439 3 years ago

EWWWwwww WWWweeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Seeing 229 in possession of its rightful owner, that must mean the Pinballstar batch with my 231 may be showing me what it’s got this week!

I’m gonna go get some help to build an app that will F5 this thread while also monitoring my email, spam folder, and random numbered phone calls to catch the delivery schedule.

#6440 3 years ago

I'm sure it is posted somewhere in here as I'm sure others have experienced it but I can't locate it. I've found in a couple of games that the bottom right flipper will stop working in the middle of a game and yet the upper flipper still works when the flipper button is pressed. After several presses, the lower flipper might flutter a couple times when pressing the button and then it comes back to normal. Anybody have this happen and is there a known fix? BTW I just got the machine and it is running 8/26/20 code. Thanks in advance.

#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I'm sure it is posted somewhere in here as I'm sure others have experienced it but I can't locate it. I've found in a couple of games that the bottom right flipper will stop working in the middle of a game and yet the upper flipper still works when the flipper button is pressed. After several presses, the lower flipper might flutter a couple times when pressing the button and then it comes back to normal. Anybody have this happen and is there a known fix? BTW I just got the machine and it is running 8/26/20 code. Thanks in advance.

That's gotta be a switch issue.

#6442 3 years ago

Noticed a glitch on the new public build posted this weekend. After a few games the music continues to work, but lost all callouts. Reboot fixes the issue.

#6443 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Noticed a glitch on the new public build posted this weekend. After a few games the music continues to work, but lost all callouts. Reboot fixes the issue.

Be more specific, what did you reset/tilt out of? Get Schwifty perhaps? Because Get Schwifty blocks most call-outs and SFX — so there must be a loophole exit I’m missing.

#6444 3 years ago

I haven’t played the game, but it would seem that it could greatly benefit from some wizard modes. It appears if you play enough games you’ll see just about everything regardless of how good you are. A mini wizard mode and final mode would probably provide good goals and keep people coming back for more.

Are there plans for such modes in the future?

#6445 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Be more specific, what did you reset/tilt out of? Get Schwifty perhaps? Because Get Schwifty blocks most call-outs and SFX — so there must be a loophole exit I’m missing.

It was Get Schwifty at the end of a game I believe. Had no sound for the match sequence after that, then music but no callouts until reboot of the game.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this, loving it so far!

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's gotta be a switch issue.

Ok thanks. What is the suggested fix?

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Ok thanks. What is the suggested fix?

The right flipper has an elongated physical switch that can be problematic so look through the key posts... maybe look for the one's with O-din in them as he went to a clear disk that is available from Pinball Life as an alternative (and hopefully problem-free) method.

#6448 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The right flipper has an elongated physical switch that can be problematic so look through the key posts... maybe look for the one's with O-din in them as he went to a clear disk that is available from Pinball Life as an alternative (and hopefully problem-free) method.

Thanks for your help. Going there now.

#6449 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

It was Get Schwifty at the end of a game I believe. Had no sound for the match sequence after that, then music but no callouts until reboot of the game.
Thanks for all of your hard work on this, loving it so far!

So get Schwifty as last adventure, drained out without finishing - no reset or tilt. Right? Will try to recreate/fix.

#6450 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I had a similar issue, the leaf switch for the lower right flipper somehow relaxed a little and the gap between contacts was bigger than the left flipper’s leaf switch gap, just took a flathead and gently pushed it closer together (without touching) and it’s hit fine ever since, easy fix

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/129?hl=iwasthebruce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.