(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 405.
#6351 3 years ago

Dont forget the butter cabs, I'll bet they do them in small batches. They have to be extra careful in assembly. So slower?
So they might jump ahead 10 to 30 numerical spots to build 10 or so butter cabs at once.

Just a guess,

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#6352 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Dont forget the butter cabs, I'll bet they do them in small batches. They have to be extra careful in assembly. So slower?
So they might jump ahead 10 to 30 numerical spots to build 10 or so butter cabs at once.
Just a guess,
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

Mine isn't a butter cab :/

#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

R & M just made my 12 year old cry.
It's that great.
For those of you still waiting, it's worth it.

Cry happy? Because R&M

Cry because she/he got told to fuck right the fuck off ?

#6354 3 years ago

Or...because Rick thinks he's a stupid POS?

#6355 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Cry because she/he got told to fuck right the fuck off ?

Mostly this combined with the game being really fast and brutal sometimes. Wasn't meant to sound mean if it came off like that - He just got worked up but laughed about it later.

The game is really fantastic at sensing what you're trying to do and then roasting you when you don't do it. Like when it knows you're trying forever to hit the scoop, but can't hit it, it'll say in a bored voice, "Cmon, hit the scoop. It's right in the middle of the playfield" or whatever. On the flip side, it does compliment you when you're making shots. Great interactivity.

He keeps going back to play it though, so I guess he's a glutton for punishment?

#6356 3 years ago

Builds character.

#6357 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Mostly this combined with the game being really fast and brutal sometimes. Wasn't meant to sound mean if it came off like that - He just got worked up but laughed about it later.
The game is really fantastic at sensing what you're trying to do and then roasting you when you don't do it. Like when it knows you're trying forever to hit the scoop, but can't hit it, it'll say in a bored voice, "Cmon, hit the scoop. It's right in the middle of the playfield" or whatever. On the flip side, it does compliment you when you're making shots. Great interactivity.
He keeps going back to play it though, so I guess he's a glutton for punishment?

At least you probably had family mode on.
--Scott

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

At least you probably had family mode on.
--Scott

We do - and it's still every bit as funny.

#6359 3 years ago

Thank you for adding in more match videos at the end. I actually turned the feature back on!

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

We do - and it's still every bit as funny.

Agreed. I like to keep the swearing percent at about 50%. The bleeps are just as funny.

#6361 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

R & M just made my 12 year old cry.
It's that great.
For those of you still waiting, it's worth it.

LOL. TSPP made my four year old (at the time) daughter cry. She took Homer saying "Stupid Failure" at the end of a ball personally.
I swear back at Rick & Morty as much or more than it swears at me.

#6362 3 years ago

The release of TMNT made us all cry out in laughter.

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:Agreed. I like to keep the swearing percent at about 50%. The bleeps are just as funny.

We have ours at family friendly, 0% and love it that way. I think it's funnier that way. Honestly, when we watched the show the first 2 seasons, they always bleeped everything and we loved it, then season 3 they started actually swearing and we didn't enjoy it as much.

We are loving our machine!!!

#6364 3 years ago

Just got the request from Chris at Kingpin games for my options sheet for #313!!!

66154B67-9328-465A-8D4D-BA8B520416A3 (resized).jpeg66154B67-9328-465A-8D4D-BA8B520416A3 (resized).jpeg

#6365 3 years ago

#319 options sheet

#6366 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Thanks I will try to update first. Really odd problem, the screen comes on and just goes to the specs of the PC inside pin. It has several options along the top but I can’t navigate to anything from inside the cabinet. Has a mouse cursor on screen with no way to navigate. That said I have not yet installed the pinballs but I don’t think that would make a difference.

I had the same issue. Spooky sent me a pdf with all BIOS settings, to set it to auto boot. You need a USB keyboard to navigate. Pretty painless.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone else have a single blindingly bright LED stuck on? I just put a new board in and still have the same LED stuck on.
[quoted image]

Bumps. Any ideas. My retinas are burning.

#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Have you checked with Spooky CS?

#6369 3 years ago

#317 build sheet, all options except the butter cabinet. The cab will never be seen in my line-up.

Ill order the headphone jack for the bill acceptor door from pinnovators in purple!

#6370 3 years ago

Spooky is rolling R&M pinball machines out the door like a Boss. It is time to refine the existing adventures, and will discuss some ideas. These should increase player satisfaction by 3%.

1a) Getting three sequential green adventure inserts on your card is awarded an extra ball with a callout. Have played 400 games and accomplished this 0 times. This goal seems to be within reach and this would be a nice reward for such an effort. After attempting this award for a long time, you can get screwed by a mystery award of a free stamp (different color). Don’t know what to call this but something like the Good Morty or Getting Squanchy rule.

1b) Opposite of this would be the Bad Morty or Perfect Rick rule that triggers by your starting and not completing 7 modes in a row (ignoring three spotted at the start) as you fail the balance of your card. You are also awarded an extra ball with a callout for being such an perfect failure.

2) Double the Value of Seeds. Seeds currently add a 5% bonus to the ball’s score times the number of seeds collected. However I have noticed that average games result in collecting 1-10 seeds, and a once in a lifetime game might reach 20 seeds, unless you are RayDay. As an example, assume an average game results in 2 seeds at ball one, 4 seeds at ball two and 8 seeds at ball three. That results in bonuses of 10%, 20% and 40% or bonus multipliers of 1.1x, 1.2x and 1.4x. Given that bonus multipliers in any other game usually starts at 2x and most go to 3x, 4x and 5x, the current bonus is too puny. It is not worth much to enter dimensions and collect seeds and I am better off ignoring dimensions entirely. By doubling the seed value to 10%, we would have seen bonus multipliers of 1.2x, 1.4x and 1.8x (almost 2x) for this example. And since seeds are cumulative and added at end of each ball, it becomes worthwhile to shoot.

It is also good to explore the extreme case of 20 seeds in a game and using 10% per seed. Let’s presume that player has 5 seeds at ball one, 12 seeds at ball two and 20 seeds at ball three. His bonus will be 50%, 120% and 200% and multipliers would be 1.5x, 2.2x and 3x. The latter sounds like what you’d expect for a regular game, but by raising seed value to 10% makes this a lucrative avenue to steer towards.

3) Meeseeks Mania Increase Jerry - Meeseeks mania scores are determined based on how many Meeseeks are started and completed and when draining to one ball, it lights the Jerry target for a bonus. That target is not easy to know to hit and is difficult to hit, so make it worth way more than it is. If Meeseeks scores 1 million points, the Jerry shot should be set for 1 million points. So you could double your score if you can close out the mode.

4) Early portion of pirates of pancreas should award 2 letters per ramp shot. Make 4 shots to spell pirates and collect the mode at the scoop. The period of time for this portion should be increased a little. After part one, more shots are lit and all shots including ramps count one letter. Spelling Pirates scores 7 letters at x points each. You can continue to spell pancreas for more points, thy should be worth 2x points each. More risky to keep hitting them rather than cashing in. Shoot scoop to collect bonus anytime after spelling pirates through spelling whole name out.

5) Roy mode win screen. Once you reach a ripe old age or win the Roy adventure, Morty removes his helmet and doesn’t freak out, but gives a warm smile and says something good.

6) Add more sequence matches. One is pedestrian, Three are great, but Six would be record setting.

7) Total Rickall increase Beth - Haven’t completed this adventure but I think it goes like this - after 20 parasites are killed on single ball, the Beth target is lit to collect the adventure. That Beth target is at the end of a long sequence and it should be worth a bunch of points like Meeseeks Jerry above.

#6371 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Every time I've had issues with a light on ACNC it's been a loose connection. Has anyone posted a wiring schematic for R&M? You could trace all the lines back for the light with an issue.

#6372 3 years ago

338 build sheet

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Just got a note yesterday that 243 shipped and I’m eagerly awaiting it unfortunately will be leaving for a week and half long road trip on Thursday evening will have a buddy meet the delivery guys in my absence. Just my dumb luck after waiting all this time. I guess I will have something to look forward to once I get home.... Any guesses on when it gets to central Florida from Wisconsin?

Got at call from R&L and scheduled delivery for tomorrow. Too bad I'm leaving tonight for a week long trip. Buddy is intercepting the shipment and will open the box to inspect for damage. Excited to get home and I havn't left yet....
Regards,
Al

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I had the same issue. Spooky sent me a pdf with all BIOS settings, to set it to auto boot. You need a USB keyboard to navigate. Pretty painless.

Thanks I actually found the issue the quick connect from the hard drive came apart so I am all good. So far this game is amazing so refreshing to see so much care put into the theme integration. Fun and challenging to shoot. Congrats to spooky on this game it really is special.

#6375 3 years ago

Seeing some higher dimensions than I getting their delivery scheduled. California dimension #231, Jerry'ing for that call/e-mail to schedule mine. Gonna go beekeeping out back in the meantime. Let's lick tits!

#6376 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:Seeing some higher dimensions than I getting their delivery scheduled. California dimension #231, Jerry'ing for that call/e-mail to schedule mine. Gonna go beekeeping out back in the meantime. Let's lick tits!

I know the feeling of wanting to Squanch all over something.

#6377 3 years ago

Has anyone had the garage shot from the right loop brick out and back down the left loop entrance? It's not happening consistently for me, but every so often the ball won't fall into the portal. I don't see that issue in the list of adjustments yet, but maybe I missed something.

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

Has anyone had the garage shot from the right loop brick out and back down the left loop entrance? It's not happening consistently for me, but every so often the ball won't fall into the portal. I don't see that issue in the list of adjustments yet, but maybe I missed something.

It has happened to me but only once I think. I've had it jump out the other way too from a left garage shot and get stuck near the opto. I fitted a post there to prevent that. I guess we could fit some kind of deadener to prevent bounce outs. Some foam, rubber or velcro maybe.

#6379 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

Happens to me. Sometimes the ball just stops instead of making it to the garage. Wish that shot was smoother, but haven't heard any suggestions here to make it so. I started making it more consistently recently, so didn't really want to take it apart to figure it out.

#6380 3 years ago

epthegeek tried the latest beta dated 10/7 and had a hang after playing a combined meeseeks mania and multiball. Just FYI.

#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just got the request from Chris at Kingpin games for my options sheet for #313!!!

[quoted image]

Me too! 335 here. I was hoping to have it before Christmas because I’m having the extended family here for the holidays (lord help me) and there’s many R&M fans young and old among us. Cheers!

#6382 3 years ago

#226 being delivered Monday, 10/12.

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

epthegeek tried the latest beta dated 10/7 and had a hang after playing a combined meeseeks mania and multiball. Just FYI.

A hang? Video and LED updates stopped? Coils didn’t respond?

Or just a logic problem where it lost track of the balls and wasn’t sure what to do?

#6384 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A hang? Video and LED updates stopped? Coils didn’t respond?
Or just a logic problem where it lost track of the balls and wasn’t sure what to do?

Screen froze after the ball drained and it wouldn’t eject another ball. The audio continued and there were some taunts of impatience.

#6385 3 years ago

Coin door latch is good, so I guess l keep it.

8F783F66-B7F4-4386-B3EE-89C4342F2C2E (resized).jpeg8F783F66-B7F4-4386-B3EE-89C4342F2C2E (resized).jpeg
#6386 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Screen froze after the ball drained and it wouldn’t eject another ball. The audio continued and there were some taunts of impatience.

Did you send a log as per the request of running the beta?

#6387 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Me too! 335 here. I was hoping to have it before Christmas because I’m having the extended family here for the holidays (lord help me) and there’s many R&M fans young and old among us. Cheers!

Haha! I got the message from Chris as well. #312 hoping to get it mid November!

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I didn’t see the request. I’ll look through it.

Beta is better than the release in terms of frequency of hangs. The good news.

#6389 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Because of stuff like this, the beta releases will be much more controlled after the next public release.

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Beta is better than the release in terms of frequency of hangs. The good news.

The purpose of running the beta is to help debug and provide input to help get releases to a stable state, it’s not just to have a sneak peak preview of what’s to come.

Essentially anyone given access to the beta is expected to report issues, with good detail and log files.

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The purpose of running the beta is to help debug and provide input to help get releases to a stable state, it’s not just to have a sneak peak preview of what’s to come.
Essentially anyone given access to the beta is expected to report issues, with good detail and log files.

I didn’t imply otherwise. Just got the machine and have had lots of hangs with the public release.

So I tried the beta. I’m an experienced developer and engineer and have been in many betas. There was no clear beta on boarding and the link is public. I didn’t see any beta forum or way to participate in a way I’m accustomed to or in a way I’ve run betas.

So don’t shoot the guy trying to make his machine work. Happy to help and send logs. Please just make a beta forum and away we go.

#6392 3 years ago

New public build available here: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

This URL will no longer be used for beta releases.

Build 2020.10.09:
- Added: A SFX hit for the 'quick mystery' when other things preclude the full mystery.
- Added: A little lighting detail to Total Rickall.
- Fixed: Hitting meeseeks target after jerry collect but before mania unload would crash.
- Fixed: Starting FACTS in a very specific small time window of the MB start would crash.
- Fixed: Other than the adventure lamps (if you finished an adventure when you drained)
There shouldn't be any stray lamp updates after ball end anymore.
- Changed: Launch button lamp will flash during the adventure selector.
- Fixed: If you complete an ENTIRE game with ZERO points, match would crash.
- Fixed: If skillshot highlight was on, the 'free' megaseed on the pop bumper indication wouldn't
work if the portal meter was full.
- Changed: Portal will eject excess balls during service mode if detected.
- Changed: All routines saving data now use a cooperative delay loop to be sure two things don't
try to save at once.
- Changed: Large changes to the core of the game to address the 'freezing' problem

#6393 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

- Fixed: If you complete an ENTIRE game with ZERO points, match would crash.

I can only imagine how depressing that would be to play 3 balls for 0 points and then the game crashes on you.

#6394 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I can only imagine how depressing that would be to play 3 balls for 0 points and then the game crashes on you.

Was actually found by someone wondering if there was a specific callout for such a thing. It's ALMOST impossible to get zero points with three balls.

#6395 3 years ago

epthegeek Absolutely loving all the adventures...especially the addition of blood dome. Are there plans for any new ones down the road?

#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

epthegeek Absolutely loving all the adventures...especially the addition of blood dome. Are there plans for any new ones down the road?

Yes. Of course. Just can't say what or how soon on anything because that's not something I can control.

#6397 3 years ago

epthegeek -

I know you’re busting your ass on this. Seems like you’re solo and a build like this is a tall order for a software guy on his own (I used to be a software guy).

On top of it all, to throw yourself in a public forum where every ‘good idea fairy’ has the next great thing you should include in the next build .... you’re a saint.

Keep on crushing it - beers on me if we ever meet.

#6398 3 years ago

#273 final payment in! Shipping soooooon

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

#273 final payment in! Shipping soooooon

Fuckin' eh boyeeeeeee! Oooooooooweeeeeeeeee

#6400 3 years ago

Is it just me, or does it always sound like Rick is about to say something whenever you switch the power off the machine? It’s like it starts to play a sound clip but you hear just a fraction of a second of it before it powers down. Just a weird little thing I keep noticing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 300.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/128?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.