Spooky is rolling R&M pinball machines out the door like a Boss. It is time to refine the existing adventures, and will discuss some ideas. These should increase player satisfaction by 3%.
1a) Getting three sequential green adventure inserts on your card is awarded an extra ball with a callout. Have played 400 games and accomplished this 0 times. This goal seems to be within reach and this would be a nice reward for such an effort. After attempting this award for a long time, you can get screwed by a mystery award of a free stamp (different color). Don’t know what to call this but something like the Good Morty or Getting Squanchy rule.
1b) Opposite of this would be the Bad Morty or Perfect Rick rule that triggers by your starting and not completing 7 modes in a row (ignoring three spotted at the start) as you fail the balance of your card. You are also awarded an extra ball with a callout for being such an perfect failure.
2) Double the Value of Seeds. Seeds currently add a 5% bonus to the ball’s score times the number of seeds collected. However I have noticed that average games result in collecting 1-10 seeds, and a once in a lifetime game might reach 20 seeds, unless you are RayDay. As an example, assume an average game results in 2 seeds at ball one, 4 seeds at ball two and 8 seeds at ball three. That results in bonuses of 10%, 20% and 40% or bonus multipliers of 1.1x, 1.2x and 1.4x. Given that bonus multipliers in any other game usually starts at 2x and most go to 3x, 4x and 5x, the current bonus is too puny. It is not worth much to enter dimensions and collect seeds and I am better off ignoring dimensions entirely. By doubling the seed value to 10%, we would have seen bonus multipliers of 1.2x, 1.4x and 1.8x (almost 2x) for this example. And since seeds are cumulative and added at end of each ball, it becomes worthwhile to shoot.
It is also good to explore the extreme case of 20 seeds in a game and using 10% per seed. Let’s presume that player has 5 seeds at ball one, 12 seeds at ball two and 20 seeds at ball three. His bonus will be 50%, 120% and 200% and multipliers would be 1.5x, 2.2x and 3x. The latter sounds like what you’d expect for a regular game, but by raising seed value to 10% makes this a lucrative avenue to steer towards.
3) Meeseeks Mania Increase Jerry - Meeseeks mania scores are determined based on how many Meeseeks are started and completed and when draining to one ball, it lights the Jerry target for a bonus. That target is not easy to know to hit and is difficult to hit, so make it worth way more than it is. If Meeseeks scores 1 million points, the Jerry shot should be set for 1 million points. So you could double your score if you can close out the mode.
4) Early portion of pirates of pancreas should award 2 letters per ramp shot. Make 4 shots to spell pirates and collect the mode at the scoop. The period of time for this portion should be increased a little. After part one, more shots are lit and all shots including ramps count one letter. Spelling Pirates scores 7 letters at x points each. You can continue to spell pancreas for more points, thy should be worth 2x points each. More risky to keep hitting them rather than cashing in. Shoot scoop to collect bonus anytime after spelling pirates through spelling whole name out.
5) Roy mode win screen. Once you reach a ripe old age or win the Roy adventure, Morty removes his helmet and doesn’t freak out, but gives a warm smile and says something good.
6) Add more sequence matches. One is pedestrian, Three are great, but Six would be record setting.
7) Total Rickall increase Beth - Haven’t completed this adventure but I think it goes like this - after 20 parasites are killed on single ball, the Beth target is lit to collect the adventure. That Beth target is at the end of a long sequence and it should be worth a bunch of points like Meeseeks Jerry above.