(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 405.
#6151 3 years ago

Three question if anyone can answer.

1. Between balls, if you hit the flippers, the slam lights change letters, does that mean anything?

2. Dimpling. See photo. Those that had the playfield redone, how is yours holding up? I have put a ton of plus on mine. No complaints, no more than everyday life.

3. Shooter strength. I cannot find a good value. I put it one down, it makes it half way, one up, it hits the top and bounces back. Can we have a 50% value at f the settings?

BB37E2A4-E13C-47B8-97BB-DB4E3F1C9C3A (resized).jpegBB37E2A4-E13C-47B8-97BB-DB4E3F1C9C3A (resized).jpeg

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys,
After cranking my game to 6.8 degrees, I can’t post pass on the right. But I can on the left.
Do you guys slightly adjust the flipper up in this case so you can pinch the ball in the post pass?
Lots of modes are left flipper dominate. I’m helpless without an effective post pass. I broke $14M in my first 20 plays. But it took a lot of luck getting to the left flipper safely.

I'd just leave it at 6.5. It isn't like this game needs to be steeper. Knowing when to dead bounce helps too.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What are location people doing on updates?
Haven’t been updating and code is from over a month ago...wary of updating due to these freezes.

What is the latest public stable version?

I am assuming that the freezing and resets issues should only be happening for the Beta and testing/feedback folks??

I guess the game would surely ship with good stable code?. Us operators don't really want the game resetting or freezing too regularly for customers, when it can be turned on for 8 hours a day.

I know it will all get smoothed out fine in time. Just need to confirm what is the current stable Non freezing version of code that can be put on the game when it arrives next month, so that it is not resetting or freezing onsite and can make it through each day without copping an "out of order" sign from the location owner.

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Three question if anyone can answer.
1. Between balls, if you hit the flippers, the slam lights change letters, does that mean anything?
2. Dimpling. See photo. Those that had the playfield redone, how is yours holding up? I have put a ton of plus on mine. No complaints, no more than everyday life.
3. Shooter strength. I cannot find a good value. I put it one down, it makes it half way, one up, it hits the top and bounces back. Can we have a 50% value at f the settings?
[quoted image]

1. Every time the ball rolls over an unlit letter, it will light it. When you spell slam, the game gives you slam save (lit insert next to pop bumper sling). This way if you get a cheap drain from the ball hitting the pop bumper sling and quickly draining, you get the ball back. The reason you want to change letters is when the ball is entering an inlane, you can switch that light to unlit before the ball rolls over it, so that you light the letter. If a ball rolls over a lit letter, nothing happens.

2. I have stock playfield. Has some dimpling...less than my other games but there are some there. It definitely feels like a better clear coat job than most of my games.

3. You might need to bend that rail down a bit so that it drops correctly. There is a video on Spooky's YouTube page that addresses it.

#6155 3 years ago

Here is the video I was thinking of. However, this is the opposite problem you are having. So you want to bend those wires down just a little bit. The ball wants to hit the curved end of the wire form and then drop down. Sounds like there is a little less room between the two straight wires and the end which leads to rejects. When in doubt, take out your cell phone and take a slow mo video of the area to see what's going on (good advice for any area that might be a problem)

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Two more tips for dialing in your pin:
1) Spooky really has the game loops sorted for their recent builds, but today I discovered a way to dial in the inner orbit even more and it's so smooth. My pin is flowing so smooth now, it's like the love child of Iron Maiden and Attack from Mars. Check this out...

How: On the switches, generally you want the switch to not touch the wood (I noticed my portal return was catching the ball on the lane switch because it wasn't straight), I loosened and shifted the switch, now it fires out to the flipper. But then I got thinking, perhaps I could tweak the inner orbit too, but to NOT be straight (due to physics). I unscrewed the switch slightly, shifted so the part of the switch closest to the player is as left as possible, and the top is to the right. See the image, the ball flies now! Try the adjustment and let me know what you think.
[quoted image]
2) I've had a few lights make weird colors. This generally means one of the RGB prongs isn't making a solid connection. I do the following, unplug, then replug, and wrap some electrical tape around the connection. Solved.

I adjusted the switches and I do notice a little more speed. I still occasionally get a slight hang up at the top of the arc behind the house so it is hard for me to pinpoint the issue. I think it might be the shape of the bend in the guide. It is not consistent though and doesn't happen too often so I am not worrying about it.

One thing everyone has to do is buy a tube of super lube and lubricate the spinner. Someone suggested this product a few years ago and I add it to all of my game's spinners. I completely forgot until today when I was adjusting those switches. Just a few drops on each side of the spinner and let it rip!

71nt0mUgYvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71nt0mUgYvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#6157 3 years ago

New build up on the beta page. I’d appreciate anyone having lockup issues giving it a try to see if things improve.

Eric

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

New build up on the beta page. I’d appreciate anyone having lockup issues giving it a try to see if things improve.
Eric

Seems good so far!

#6159 3 years ago

#183 Arrived safe in Socal, setup went well, fired right up and played fine. Having friends over, so it'll get a workout. I'll report back later.

Thanks Spooky for an another amazing game.

20201001_155254 (resized).jpg20201001_155254 (resized).jpg20201001_174250 (resized).jpg20201001_174250 (resized).jpg20201001_175708 (resized).jpg20201001_175708 (resized).jpg20201001_175718 (resized).jpg20201001_175718 (resized).jpg20201001_183612 (resized).jpg20201001_183612 (resized).jpg
#6160 3 years ago

Installed 10.01.2020D code and it played flawlessly for 90 min. I have had most of the freeze issues mentioned before today and they’d always occur within first hour game was turned on. Thanks Eric and Team Spooky. Guess Charlie was too pessimistic about Eric’s abilities :/ I’ll suggest Operators install latest code immediately.

Houston, we have stable code. With that, R&M has sealed my vote for game of the year. It is one of my dream themes and Spooky NAILED it. Don’t care how good JJPGNR is, it won’t match my enthusiasm for this pinball machine.

I adjusted launch to 17, launch max at 22 because default wasn’t cutting it. Then I adjusted lower right flipper to 41 and it is snappy now.

Oh how the butter cabinet looks fab. If you plan on keeping the game consider upgrading. If you want it for short term or to sell/flip, stick with decals. In the long run, nobody is going to care. But when you discuss R&M with any pinhead over the next 20 years, they will always ask you if you got butter cabinets and ask to see it. That’s probably worth $1k.

#6161 3 years ago

Four hours, 30, 40 games in, no lock ups. Or resets. Rock solid.

20201001_225301 (resized).jpg20201001_225301 (resized).jpg
#6162 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Four hours, 30, 40 games in, no lock ups. Or resets. Rock solid.
[quoted image]

What code revision is installed?

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Spooky (me, in this case) has been trying like hell to "catch it" but so far I can't get my machine have this issue. I'm trying.
Nothing much about these reports is consistent. Nobody has come up with "here's how to reliably re-create the problem".
I'm doing my best here.

Has it even been established if it's truly locked up or simply busy in an endless loop?

#6164 3 years ago

Game was on from 6:30 pm to 1:30 am, maybe 50 games total, never had to turn it off.

Only issue was occasionally when the ball was launched from the scoop, and you tried to catch it, it would collapse the flipper. Then display E6 on the ball save timer.

I did not see this myself, I was off blowing up Missile Command, and Gyruss.

I'll talk to my friends tomorrow, and see if that was the case.
Everyone who stopped by tonight realy loved the game.

Message from the very tired Freeak Kingdom.

#6165 3 years ago

E6 on the timer is extra ball

Another one bites the dust. . Replacent on the way, thanks Charlie/Morgan.

IMG_20201002_122513 (resized).jpgIMG_20201002_122513 (resized).jpg
#6166 3 years ago

For us who haven't got our pin yet, what are you showing us in the previous pic???

#6167 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For us who haven't got our pin yet, what are you showing us in the previous pic???

The acrylic mounting plate cracked.

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Only issue was occasionally when the ball was launched from the scoop, and you tried to catch it, it would collapse the flipper. Then display E6 on the ball save timer.

For the flipper, increase hold power in settings. It is actually not E6. Eb for Extra Ball. Not an error.

#6170 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The acrylic mounting plate cracked.

No worries, I believe Spooky has modified the design so this should be less likely to happen.

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

No worries, I believe Spooky has modified the design so this should be less likely to happen.

I simply answered his question.

#6172 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I simply answered his question.

Yup, I was responding to his "concerned" emoji, but I quoted your post accidentally.

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Curious for those who just got theirs. Pinball life has a disc replacement for the right flipper button as is in the photo below. My game has a long thin piece of plastic that flexes to contact the switch. Are newer games coming with the disc instead? I can just see that being another piece that cracks when it flexes. [quoted image]

I just got #91 and this early machine still have the long plastic to connect to the leave switch for the right flipper. But the metal part sits so close to the shooter coil that the leave touches the coil and the result is that it blows the 4A fuse in the BB.
I guess i must move the switch down.

#6174 3 years ago

I'd like to hear how the right orbit to garage shot is working for others. Sometimes if I really nail it, it goes into the garage smoothly and quickly. But 75% of the time it feels like it comes to almost a dead stop behind the house and then wobbles back out the spinner loop (and this is when garage is lit). I'm assuming this has something to do with the diverter. Is it just clunky unless the shot is perfect or can it be adjusted to make it smoother? My loop shot is very fast and smooth for what it's worth...

#6175 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

E6 on the timer is extra ball
Another one bites the dust. . Replacent on the way, thanks Charlie/Morgan.[quoted image]

Someone at spooky mentioned that the cause of these breaking might be that the actuating rod is too long.

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Someone at spooky mentioned that the cause of these breaking might be that the actuating rod is too long.

Yeah they've sent me a new rod along with a replacement plastic hinge.

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I'd like to hear how the right orbit to garage shot is working for others. Sometimes if I really nail it, it goes into the garage smoothly and quickly. But 75% of the time it feels like it comes to almost a dead stop behind the house and then wobbles back out the spinner loop (and this is when garage is lit). I'm assuming this has something to do with the diverter. Is it just clunky unless the shot is perfect or can it be adjusted to make it smoother? My loop shot is very fast and smooth for what it's worth...

I increased my left flipper power by 3 and it has made that shot really nice. Not sure if that will help you but an easy thing to try.

#6178 3 years ago

GNR coming out Monday (possibly ready to ship) others already unboxing other new games. I really wish I had could have my Rick and Morty already.

Would love for Spooky pinball to give us an update here on Pinside, every once in a while, to let us know what the latest build # is.

A lot of meeseeks out here existing in pain...

On the bright side I didn’t have a order in on a RAZA!

2A2E830D-60C0-4F2C-8BF3-E7CDAC113139 (resized).jpeg2A2E830D-60C0-4F2C-8BF3-E7CDAC113139 (resized).jpeg
#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

GNR coming out Monday (possibly ready to ship) others already unboxing other new games. I really wish I had could have my Rick and Morty already.
Would love for Spooky pinball to give us an update here on Pinside, every once in a while, to let us know what the latest build # is.
On the bright side I didn’t have a order in on a RAZA! [quoted image]

Dude, there’s a comprehensive list of delivered and paid for.
Why the need for Spooky to reply?

#6180 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Dude, there’s a comprehensive list of delivered and paid for.
Why the need for Spooky to reply?

Dude, I didn’t say they NEED to I just said I would love for them to post the info once in a while. The list I’m sure is not entirely up to date or accurate. I just figured that straight from the horses mouth would be cool.

I wasn’t complaining or nagging or being negative. Just getting anxious waiting.

I guess I’ll get down votes for that....

#6181 3 years ago

Would love for Spooky pinball to give us an update here on Pinside, every once in a while, to let us know what the latest build # is. A lot of meeseeks out here existing in pain...

I've been told by a trusted source that my #231 is currently "on the line" if that helps your numbering estimates.

#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I've been told by a trusted source that my #231 is currently "on the line" if that helps your numbering estimates.

Thanks.

I spoke to Spooky last week and knew where they were then. And your info lines up with that.

Like I said just getting bored and anxious

I’ll go play my other pins, watch streams and shut up now.

#6183 3 years ago

No, you will get up votes good sir.

Spooky is crazy busy,
But an official short post by Charlie at the end of the work week, recapping the weeks games worked on and shipped would be wonderful.

We love this family company, and a little offical post on fridays would be killer.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#6184 3 years ago

Dude, I didn’t say they NEED to I just said I would love for them to post the info once in a while. The list I’m sure is not entirely up to date or accurate. I just figured that straight from the horses mouth would be cool.
I wasn’t complaining or nagging or being negative. Just getting anxious waiting.

I guess I’ll get down votes for that....

No need to get anxious. Most people who buy Spooky games understand that they are a small company building in batches, so it take some time. I respect the fact they are pragmatic and don't try to grow to quickly. It's insanely difficult to pull off what Spooky has since its inception, so I trust them to keep doing what they are doing. I would much prefer to seem them absent from the forums knowing they are diligently working than posting pointless number updates. Eric has been super engaged with the community and that says a ton about Spooky. You ever see anyone from JJP, Stern or American on the forums interacting with customers as much as Eric? No. Just let Spooky keep building.

#6185 3 years ago

I have zero regrets or jealousy over GNR or Avengers.

I’m in day 4 of #208 and in love with the games theme, shots and really the total package.

When you get a Spooky game, you know it’s a journey, and part of the package. I buy and forget. I don’t read the threads until it arrives. Then it’s like no wait at all. Out of site out of mind until the day is here.

#6186 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I have zero regrets or jealousy over GNR or Avengers.
I’m in day 4 of #208 and in love with the games theme, shots and really the total package.
When you get a Spooky game, you know it’s a journey, and part of the package. I buy and forget. I don’t read the threads until it arrives. Then it’s like no wait at all. Out of site out of mind until the day is here.

I admire your restraint. I literally check this thread 20 times a day.

#6187 3 years ago

Did not check the code version.
I do not plan on updating, as long as it keeps working.
Waiting for season 4 additions, bring on the snake's, and acid!
It was built two weeks ago, so I assume it was the last code.
I left it at my friends warehouse, so we can have another RM, party next week, and let some friends who couldn't make it last night play it. Then I'll bring it home and realy get to play it in depth.

#6188 3 years ago

Why suffer? You only paid a deposit on your R&M, so use the rest to buy a jjGnR, enjoy it for 3-6 months and sell it before you have to pay for the rest of your R&M. Problem solved.

#6189 3 years ago

all the UK games are built just waiting on a container.

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:GNR coming out Monday (possibly ready to ship) others already unboxing other new games. I really wish I had could have my Rick and Morty already.

Just saw on FB that they’re in the 300s (woohoo! 335 here) sending out build sheets. I believe that was through a distributor though, not sure if that makes a difference.

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

No need to get anxious. Most people who buy Spooky games understand that they are a small company building in batches, so it take some time. I respect the fact they are pragmatic and don't try to grow to quickly. It's insanely difficult to pull off what Spooky has since its inception, so I trust them to keep doing what they are doing. I would much prefer to seem them absent from the forums knowing they are diligently working than posting pointless number updates. Eric has been super engaged with the community and that says a ton about Spooky. You ever see anyone from JJP, Stern or American on the forums interacting with customers as much as Eric? No. Just let Spooky keep building.

I agree with everything you said 100%! Also, I knew the wait I was in for and I’ve been on this thread since day one. Spooky is awesome there is no comparing them to any of the other pinball companies. Love what they do and hope they keep doing it!

But, that doesn’t mean I can’t be a spoiled pinball baby (insert meme of toddler meltdown here) I just want my Rick and Morty already, damn it!

That’s why I made the post because I can’t wait and the excitement is killing me. Wasn’t knocking them or saying I want another pin instead of this one. In fact I want this one so much I have 2 spots!

#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just saw on FB that they’re in the 300s (woohoo! 335 here) sending out build sheets. I believe that was through a distributor though, not sure if that makes a difference.

I wish!

But This is not accurate.

#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why suffer? You only paid a deposit on your R&M, so use the rest to buy a jjGnR, enjoy it for 3-6 months and sell it before you have to pay for the rest of your R&M. Problem solved.

Ha ha, I’m not suffering. I should have RM end of this month to mid November.

I probably will buy a GNR on Monday if it’s as good as all the hype.

#6194 3 years ago

Ha ha, I’m not suffering. I should have RM end of this month to mid November.
I probably will buy a GNR on Monday if it’s as good as all the hype.

Oh, in that case you have my permission to wait. I thought you were way out on the list.

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Did not check the code version.
I do not plan on updating, as long as it keeps working.
Waiting for season 4 additions, bring on the snake's, and acid!
It was built two weeks ago, so I assume it was the last code.
I left it at my friends warehouse, so we can have another RM, party next week, and let some friends who couldn't make it last night play it. Then I'll bring it home and realy get to play it in depth.

Updating is easy. Just do it. You’re at least missing out on the 3 dif Match sequences.

#6196 3 years ago

Love the new matches!
Mix it up baby!!

#6197 3 years ago

I got my build sheet earlier this week and I'm #284, if anyone cares. I noticed that they're already up to 300 or there-abouts, so MAJOR KUDOS to Spooky for continuing to bang them out during the pandemic. Very impressive. I might be the only person in Montreal with the game, woo-hoo! Party at my pla-- oh, yeah never mind. But this will definitely make for an awesome Halloween/Christmas at my place (for myself) -- which is ironic since I literally ordered the game around last Christmas...as a X-Mas present for myself!! lol

#6198 3 years ago

I talk a big game........ but I'll break down and update. I'll give it 2 or three weeks, enjoy what it is for now.
Which is RAD!

#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

all the UK games are built just waiting on a container.

Not all of them Neil, one of them has been here for months

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I increased my left flipper power by 3 and it has made that shot really nice. Not sure if that will help you but an easy thing to try.

I think I'm at like 40-43 on the left flipper already. When it goes in, it feels perfect. When it clunks out, not so much. I guess that kind of describes almost any shot. haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/124?hl=tarzxvf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.