(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 405.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Two more tips for dialing in your pin:
1) Spooky really has the game loops sorted for their recent builds, but today I discovered a way to dial in the inner orbit even more and it's so smooth. My pin is flowing so smooth now, it's like the love child of Iron Maiden and Attack from Mars. Check this out...

How: On the switches, generally you want the switch to not touch the wood (I noticed my portal return was catching the ball on the lane switch because it wasn't straight), I loosened and shifted the switch, now it fires out to the flipper. But then I got thinking, perhaps I could tweak the inner orbit too, but to NOT be straight (due to physics). I unscrewed the switch slightly, shifted so the part of the switch closest to the player is as left as possible, and the top is to the right. See the image, the ball flies now! Try the adjustment and let me know what you think.
[quoted image]
2) I've had a few lights make weird colors. This generally means one of the RGB prongs isn't making a solid connection. I do the following, unplug, then replug, and wrap some electrical tape around the connection. Solved.

Huh.... that's interesting. That's very interesting.

I might try this.

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I am on 9.28 this wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

OH DIP!

#6103 3 years ago

#217 in the house.

IMG_1334 (resized).jpgIMG_1334 (resized).jpg
#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

#217 in the house.
[quoted image]

Do you live in a climbing gym?

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Pretty much.

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

My thought exactly. My girlfriend said, “it looks hyper modern” when I showed her.

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

#217 in the house.
[quoted image]

That climbing room looks rad!

#6108 3 years ago

Do the flipper coils weekend after 2-3 games gets a lot harder to backhand and right ramp, and shot left ramp as well?? Any fix I tried the EOS and lower pitch to 6.8 little better not still need a bit more

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Yes. Also resets at end of game where it won’t allow new game to start. Sometimes walk away and come back with game frozen. Always cycle game off/on to fix.

E20BC3FF-4C6F-4DFB-B7E8-2B45F49F6537.jpegE20BC3FF-4C6F-4DFB-B7E8-2B45F49F6537.jpeg

Quoted from Blackzarak:

Do the flipper coils weekend after 2-3 games gets a lot harder to backhand and right ramp, and shot left ramp as well?? Any fix I tried the EOS and lower pitch to 6.8 little better not still need a bit more

Lower right flipper seems weaker. Will need to turn up power setting.

#6110 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I'm also getting a fair bit of freezing with the latest code.

I finally cracked 20m and the game started to freeze (stuttering sound & video), loss of power to flippers and when the ball drained the game didn't recognise it, and didn't go onto ball search mode for about 2-3 minutes. When it finally did spit out a ball the game came back to life and I ended with 37m.

#6111 3 years ago

I cannot find the 'filthy level' adjustment in the settings, someone was talking about earlier in this thread.
I'm on the latest code already. Where can i find it?

#6112 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I cannot find the 'filthy level' adjustment in the settings, someone was talking about earlier in this thread.
I'm on the latest code already. Where can i find it?

Isn't it just changing the swearing frequency to 100%?

#6113 3 years ago

That sounds good.
Thanks !!

#6114 3 years ago

Wow,were at around a quarter way through the builds, and STILL having silly problems that screw up game play???C'mon Spooky!!!

#6115 3 years ago

Has anyone found a place to buy mirror blades for R&M? Is it the standard WPC size?

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,were at around a quarter way through the builds, and STILL having silly problems that screw up game play???C'mon Spooky!!!

I've put about 600 games on mine in a little over a week. The only issue is occasionally having to reboot the machine. Haven't tried the new code yet though. Maybe you should wait to get yours before you comment?

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I've put about 600 games on mine in a little over a week. The only issue is occasionally having to reboot the machine. Haven't tried the new code yet though. Maybe you should wait to get yours before you comment?

Game works great i probably have 400 games in as well over 8 weeks if not more. Shoots great plays great and best theme integration ever exceeds my high expectations.

The issue to have to reboot is very minor but will be great once it is eventually fixed.

I felt bad asking but had a psw issue when machine arrived and I fixed it but have always worried that issue was related to my motherboard and wanted to ask if I was only one still having the issue or if I should request a new motherboard.

This game and sooky are
the best

#6118 3 years ago

What are location people doing on updates?

Haven’t been updating and code is from over a month ago...wary of updating due to these freezes.

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

1) Spooky really has the game loops sorted for their recent builds, but today I discovered a way to dial in the inner orbit even more and it's so smooth. My pin is flowing so smooth now, it's like the love child of Iron Maiden and Attack from Mars. Check this out...

Yes after a month of settling in on the code I realized that upper loop shot gave me that BK2K feeling and started going for consecutive loops and loving it! I'm at 5 currently so now I've got to beat 6 Mine was already looping pretty good but now I want to check that switch out just to make sure, THX.

I'm hoping we can get a high score initials award for most consecutive loops added at some point to add some fun/competition for who can get the most loops!

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

9.28 crashed on me as well. I have a video of the machine as it crashed if interested.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

9.28 crashed on me as well. I have a video of the machine as it crashed if interested.

With so many having issues, surprised Spooky didn't catch it before release

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

With so many having issues, surprised Spooky didn't catch it before release

Spooky (me, in this case) has been trying like hell to "catch it" but so far I can't get my machine have this issue. I'm trying.

Nothing much about these reports is consistent. Nobody has come up with "here's how to reliably re-create the problem".

I'm doing my best here.

#6123 3 years ago

Keep it up Eric, you’ve been nabbing these little things nicely.
The ignorant or bitchers or the ones without games don’t know how good we have it

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Spooky (me, in this case) has been trying like hell to "catch it" but so far I can't get my machine have this issue. I'm trying.
Nothing much about these reports is consistent. Nobody has come up with "here's how to reliably re-create the problem".
I'm doing my best here.

Your best is incredible and very much appreciated.

Question for those with the freeze... do you have slow press to restart activated? I notice if I have this on, it will sometimes freeze, but haven’t had any issues when deactivated. I will pull the log next time if it happens again. Generally, the latest code has been very good for me.

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm doing my best here.

Did you try the brain juice?

:3

Also, put your Rick thinking cap on.
Might help!

You’re the best Eric!

06C9D2D6-C71C-4B60-AF69-93DF632091D1 (resized).jpeg06C9D2D6-C71C-4B60-AF69-93DF632091D1 (resized).jpeg
#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm doing my best here.

Thanks, I can understand how errors can be random and difficult to replicate

#6127 3 years ago

I know it seems often these are "simple" issues that shouldn't be missed. Over the years we have ALL learned the hard way at Spooky that the last little simple things are what get ya! Tons of complex ideas and functions these guys deal with. Ice berg effect, you only see the top 10%!

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone found a place to buy mirror blades for R&M? Is it the standard WPC size?

Ditto on this question. I have a spare set of Stern mirror blades will these fit the R&M cabinet?

Not thrilled with the artblades being offered so was thinking maybe just mirror-blades, or sticking a bunch of these on the inside of the cab (https://www.redbubble.com/shop/planet+stickers)...

TiltGraphics offering looks better, at least some color in there and a bit more going on (https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/rick-morty-gameblades).

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How: On the switches, generally you want the switch to not touch the wood (I noticed my portal return was catching the ball on the lane switch because it wasn't straight), I loosened and shifted the switch, now it fires out to the flipper. But then I got thinking, perhaps I could tweak the inner orbit too, but to NOT be straight (due to physics). I unscrewed the switch slightly, shifted so the part of the switch closest to the player is as left as possible, and the top is to the right. See the image, the ball flies now! Try the adjustment and let me know what you think.
[quoted image]
2) I've had a few lights make weird colors. This generally means one of the RGB prongs isn't making a solid connection. I do the following, unplug, then replug, and wrap some electrical tape around the connection. Solved.

How high are your switches sitting? Mine feel a bit too high. I am going to rotate like yours tonight while I am updating the code. The inner loop shot is fine for me but would like a bit more speed coming around. Seems like the more speed I have in the inner loop, the better chance I have hitting the outer to the garage...which is soooo satisfying! Anyone making any adjustments to make that shot a bit more friendly? I haven't played around with flipper strength on the upper flipper yet. Have increased both lower flippers by 3 which has noticeably helped.

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I know it seems often these are "simple" issues that shouldn't be missed. Over the years we have ALL learned the hard way at Spooky that the last little simple things are what get ya! Tons of complex ideas and functions these guys deal with. Ice berg effect, you only see the top 10%!

Spooky shipped a code that was pretty much complete at launch. That's not common in pinball, especially now.

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm doing my best here.

Are you having to do all the debugging manually on a machine? Or do you have some sort of api setup to replicate the switch fires etc. Just curious.

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ditto on this question. I have a spare set of Stern mirror blades will these fit the R&M cabinet?
Not thrilled with the artblades being offered so was thinking maybe just mirror-blades, or sticking a bunch of these on the inside of the cab (https://www.redbubble.com/shop/planet+stickers)...
TiltGraphics offering looks better, at least some color in there and a bit more going on (https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/rick-morty-gameblades).

Do a dry fit and let us know! I've been waiting for mirror blades for mine as well.

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

How high are your switches sitting? Mine feel a bit too high. I am going to rotate like yours tonight while I am updating the code. The inner loop shot is fine for me but would like a bit more speed coming around. Seems like the more speed I have in the inner loop, the better chance I have hitting the outer to the garage...which is soooo satisfying! Anyone making any adjustments to make that shot a bit more friendly? I haven't played around with flipper strength on the upper flipper yet. Have increased both lower flippers by 3 which has noticeably helped.

My switches are very high - I didn't lower and it doesn't seem to be an issue. Try tweaking the orientation like in the photo first and let us know if you see similar results. To me it's night and day... and it was even flowing well in the first place!

#6134 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm doing my best here.

I should be getting my machine in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I can be of some help in solving the problem when I do if you haven't fixed it yet. I have a sort of programming background (mostly scripting) so maybe I can help spot something.

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm doing my best here.

So far the 9.28 release has been super solid for me, but I'll keep on playing the game to see if I can break it

#6136 3 years ago

Going to download the new code today at the office.
We live out in the sticks so the the connection here sucks at the house and downloads take forever.

Will be installing it and playing tonight after work.

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My switches are very high - I didn't lower and it doesn't seem to be an issue. Try tweaking the orientation like in the photo first and let us know if you see similar results. To me it's night and day... and it was even flowing well in the first place!

Sounds good. Thanks!

#6138 3 years ago

I know it's been posted about before, but I would highly recommend taping up the edges of your playfield glass with this to get rid of glass rattle. I just did this on my game and it makes a World of difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NN6B9R6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01

#6139 3 years ago

I’m going to put a couple of questions out there about the slow down/crash. Has anyone with the early CPU boards seeing this problem? Has anyone seen it in under 20 minutes of the machine being on? Does it ever happen with not much is going on in the game? My machine #141 has had it on and off from when I got it but never with under 20 minutes of play and never when not much is happening in the game.

#6140 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Those TILT blades look great!

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I know it's been posted about before, but I would highly recommend taping up the edges of your playfield glass with this to get rid of glass rattle. I just did this on my game and it makes a World of difference.
amazon.com link »

That looks like great stuff for any game that rattles.

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

amazon.com link »

All 4 sides?

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

amazon.com link »

Do you lay/stick this "tape" down on all 3 edges of the cabinet where the glass slides in and on top of?

#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Do you lay/stick this "tape" down on all 3 edges of the cabinet where the glass slides in and on top of?

It sounds like he taped right around the edge of the glass.

#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It sounds like he taped right around the edge of the glass.

So tape on glass, not tape along the channel on the cab itself. Copy that.

#6146 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

amazon.com link »

Do you tape one or both sides of the edges.
Maybe you can post a photo for everybody.

BTW: Love the new software so far!

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Do you tape one or both sides of the edges.
Maybe you can post a photo for everybody.
BTW: Love the new software so far!

My guess is it would wrap around the edge, so it’d be on the top and bottom and side.

#6148 3 years ago

Hey guys,
After cranking my game to 6.8 degrees, I can’t post pass on the right. But I can on the left.

Do you guys slightly adjust the flipper up in this case so you can pinch the ball in the post pass?

Lots of modes are left flipper dominate. I’m helpless without an effective post pass. I broke $14M in my first 20 plays. But it took a lot of luck getting to the left flipper safely.

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My guess is it would wrap around the edge, so it’d be on the top and bottom and side.

Correct. I wrapped it around the edge of the glass on all 4 sides.

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys,
After cranking my game to 6.8 degrees, I can’t post pass on the right. But I can on the left.
Do you guys slightly adjust the flipper up in this case so you can pinch the ball in the post pass?
Lots of modes are left flipper dominate. I’m helpless without an effective post pass. I broke $14M in my first 20 plays. But it took a lot of luck getting to the left flipper safely.

Not for BloodDome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/123?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.