(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 405.
#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Lower right flipper going limp, sometimes taking two presses to flip, sometimes just flickering and sometimes nothing. I didn’t get any replies when I asked what coil power settings ppl are using but I sure would like any help with this cause changing the coil settings for it or the hold power aren’t doing the trick. Thanks for any help!

Flipper switch.

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Weird. I have #749 coming some day.
[quoted image]

That is weird... I'll mention it to him.

#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Lower right flipper going limp, sometimes taking two presses to flip, sometimes just flickering and sometimes nothing. I didn’t get any replies when I asked what coil power settings ppl are using but I sure would like any help with this cause changing the coil settings for it or the hold power aren’t doing the trick. Thanks for any help!

Might be a physical issue with the long reed switch that contacts the right flipper button in the cab. Been a lot of discussion about it already including cutting it down and adding a NF-style clear disk to reliably work with the flipper button. Scott made sure they were available at PL if people wanted to go that route. You'll have to look back a couple months as I don't know where the posts are in the thread. Maybe do a search for posts from o-din as he came up with this idea for R&M.

#5804 3 years ago

Damn and I wrote an entire paragraph. lol "Brevity is the soul of wit".

#5805 3 years ago

So my Rick and Morty arrived today and is all set up. Sharing some of my experiences and random thoughts during the set-up for any of those curious. For reference, this is my second pin, and first NIB, and now sits next to my Shadow (which holds it's own next to Rick and Morty with it's beautiful Mike Chestnut brass and glowing art deco style).

I bought, the Blood Sucker 143 (I requested a one month delay for a move), I maxed out the pin with all the features. I'm a Rick and Morty fan (prior to the pin) and plan on keeping for a while.

I had arranged for Kruzman to clear the playfield. The sleek playfield looks like liquid glass. Goes well with the butter. For anyone on the fence with butter, I think it's the way to go if it's affordable to you.

The pin was wrapped in two different moving blankets. I liked that they were wrapped with the part to unfold right near the leg joints... This made it easy to put the legs on, while protecting the butter. Good attention to detail.

Being my first NIB and Spooky, I was confused by a few things (figured them out though)... The Lockdown bar isn't like the Bally Williams ones, there is a latch on the inside left and right to unclasp. The leg screws are in the cabinet.

There is a sticker confirming the latch was checked - good to see.

Turning on the pin, it took a few moments to update, and it was good to go. I have the latest code with Swifty.

The thing is dialed in, it's easy to hit the shots. I had some difficulty on the garage at first (it was hitting too high), but this was because I didn't properly level left to right. Making level fixed this and it's still a tough shot but works now.

I switched my Shadow PDI glass, for the one included with Rick and Morty, really lets Scott's light show shine.

I need to sort out the glass, it vibrates from the bass. The tilt bob was unattached, but after I put it on (probably too tight), it vibrated from the music and tilted. I turned off the shaker for now until I can keep the glass from vibrating.

The blue crystal looks great and illuminates in a pretty cool way.

I had a hunch that Titan's light blue would suit the playfield well. I was correct. I preordered and installed - I think they look stellar, and I recommend them unless you really want to purple out the pin. I think they offer a nice contrast with the purple, but ties in well with the accent colors of blue across the Cthulhu, Meeseeks, and crystals. Trust me.

Setting changes, I turned off the knocker and set initial card punches to zero - this will change likely at some point.

Here are some photos so you can see the Kruzman and blue flippers, I'll provide more details and better photos once I get more time playing.
IMG_0869 (resized).JPGIMG_0869 (resized).JPGIMG_0876 (resized).JPGIMG_0876 (resized).JPGIMG_0880 (resized).JPGIMG_0880 (resized).JPG

#5806 3 years ago

Congrats Jonesjb, looks great next to Shadow. Nice to hear it feels dialed in from the factory. How many days did the shipping actually take? Benton to NY, mines Benton to Los Angeles. Bout the same distance, kinda.

#5807 3 years ago

Any Aussies have an idea when they'll arrive on our shores?

#5808 3 years ago

Ozzie ones after the Kiwis get theres

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Ozzie ones after the Kiwis get theres

Kiwi games are here now.

Answer your email champ.

rd

#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Kiwi games are here now.
Answer your email champ.
rd

Lucky mofos!!

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So my Rick and Morty arrived today and is all set up. Sharing some of my experiences and random thoughts during the set-up for any of those curious. For reference, this is my second pin, and first NIB, and now sits next to my Shadow (which holds it's own next to Rick and Morty with it's beautiful Mike Chestnut brass and glowing art deco style).
I bought, the Blood Sucker 143 (I requested a one month delay for a move), I maxed out the pin with all the features. I'm a Rick and Morty fan (prior to the pin) and plan on keeping for a while.
I had arranged for Kruzman to clear the playfield. The sleek playfield looks like liquid glass. Goes well with the butter. For anyone on the fence with butter, I think it's the way to go if it's affordable to you.
The pin was wrapped in two different moving blankets. I liked that they were wrapped with the part to unfold right near the leg joints... This made it easy to put the legs on, while protecting the butter. Good attention to detail.
Being my first NIB and Spooky, I was confused by a few things (figured them out though)... The Lockdown bar isn't like the Bally Williams ones, there is a latch on the inside left and right to unclasp. The leg screws are in the cabinet.
There is a sticker confirming the latch was checked - good to see.
Turning on the pin, it took a few moments to update, and it was good to go. I have the latest code with Swifty.
The thing is dialed in, it's easy to hit the shots. I had some difficulty on the garage at first (it was hitting too high), but this was because I didn't properly level left to right. Making level fixed this and it's still a tough shot but works now.
I switched my Shadow PDI glass, for the one included with Rick and Morty, really lets Scott's light show shine.
I need to sort out the glass, it vibrates from the bass. The tilt bob was unattached, but after I put it on (probably too tight), it vibrated from the music and tilted. I turned off the shaker for now until I can keep the glass from vibrating.
I had a hunch that Titan's light blue would suit the playfield well. I was correct. I preordered and installed - I think they look stellar, and I recommend them unless you really want to purple out the pin. I think they offer a nice contrast with the purple, but ties in well with the accent colors of blue across the Cthulhu, Meeseeks, and crystals. Trust me.
Setting changes, I turned off the knocker and set initial card punches to zero - this will change likely at some point.
Here are some photos so you can see the Kruzman and blue flippers, I'll provide more details and better photos once I get more time playing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a damn nice 2 pin lineup JB! Congrats on your R&M, very envious!!

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Any Aussies have an idea when they'll arrive on our shores?

Container left last week, info from Spooky.

Probably floating on the ocean by now... hopefully the Ricks go undetected by MR NIMBUS! Lol

Break a leg!

#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Congrats Jonesjb, looks great next to Shadow. Nice to hear it feels dialed in from the factory. How many days did the shipping actually take? Benton to NY, mines Benton to Los Angeles. Bout the same distance, kinda.

It took about five days to deliver.

#5814 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Might be a physical issue with the long reed switch that contacts the right flipper button in the cab. Been a lot of discussion about it already including cutting it down and adding a NF-style clear disk to reliably work with the flipper button. Scott made sure they were available at PL if people wanted to go that route.

Thanks for your reply, I was looking for some more explanation so that was helpful. I recently have seen some talk about eos issues but that’s not my problem, now I remember seeing some posts a while back about a clear disc. It's not an issue of the flipper getting hit and going weak, its just not firing until the second button press or only half firing etc...I’ve got machine #64 and everything seemed to have been dialed in by the previous owner, but this issue just came out of nowhere yesterday so any/all help is great, THX

#5815 3 years ago

My distributor arrived with #169 last night.
Rob Anthony Cross country in a Tesla suv from Spooky headquarters to Sacramento CA.

We put on our Rick & Morty shirts for the first games.

Thanks again Rob!!

511C99FC-F05D-4CEE-B3CC-FFFBAD05FA80 (resized).jpeg511C99FC-F05D-4CEE-B3CC-FFFBAD05FA80 (resized).jpeg
#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Rob Anthony Cross country in a Tesla suv from Spooky headquarters to Sacramento CA.
Thanks again Rob!!
[quoted image]

Can you ask Ange where she got her shoe's, Sabrina needs good pinball foot apparel.

#5817 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Thanks again Rob!!

Cool. Which Tesla fits a pinball machine? Gotta be the X.

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The Tesla X did a little better than that. Rob fit two R&M pins in there!

#5819 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Not sure what model but a friend of mine helped him load the games and they had to take out the back seats to get 2 R and Ms in the Tesla.

#5820 3 years ago

#208 arriving on Friday.

#5821 3 years ago

Picked up #187 this morning. All I can say is Spooky Pinball is filled with the nicest people. My wife and I got the full tour of the shop and even got to chat with Charlie. First class operation all around. A special thanks to all the line workers too as there was a flurry of activity going on. I thought I heard 30 machines on the line and 15 going out every week. Well done!

To those who are waiting for delivery from KingPin Games today. Your deliveries might be slightly delayed as my vehicle was blocking the loading dock as we took the tour preventing him from loading up. Sorry.
20200916_125456 (resized).jpg20200916_125456 (resized).jpg

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Picked up #187 this morning

Awesome. And congrats.

How does it play in Peoria?

#5823 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Awesome. And congrats.
How does it play in Peoria?

I see what you did there.

#5824 3 years ago

Thanks Jonesjb for the info.
Waiting is the hardest part......

With spooky ramping up production, the Spooky CGC team up, is looking more and more exciting to me. Franchi said he knows what the licence is. Has anyone heard any rumours that Franchi might do the art?

A John Carpenter film would be an instant buy for me, and fits the Spooky template.
Escape from New York and Big Trouble in Little China would be ideal as they both have humour. The Thing, and Halloween might be too dark.

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Thanks Jonesjb for the info.
Waiting is the hardest part......
With spooky ramping up production, the Spooky CGC team up, is looking more and more exciting to me. Franchi said he knows what the licence is. Has anyone heard any rumours that Franchi might do the art?
A John Carpenter film would be an instant buy for me, and fits the Spooky template.
Escape from New York and Big Trouble in Little China would be ideal as they both have humour. The Thing, and Halloween might be too dark.

Franchi is definitely working on something for CGC, but I don't think it's known if it's the Spooky/Ben Heck game or a different project. Would be interesting if Chicago has 2 original games in the works. Whatever the Spooky/CGC game is, they said the reason for the collab was knowing the demand would be significantly higher than it was for R+M, so it better be something damn cool

#5826 3 years ago

I thought the Playboy machine by Stern was not a good sell since many people who own pinball machines want to keep it in a family friendly environment. What happened here? lol

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Yes, instant buy. I'd prefer a John Carpenter medley theme over an individual movie - there are too many good ones. They Live would be great too.

#5828 3 years ago

Family "friendly " is an immediate no buy. Those games are for cowards who are afraid of thier wives. Anyone got a mint Bally 1978 Playboy for sale in Socal? I'll buy it. I haven't been nuetered.

#5829 3 years ago

Yep! They Live, and Prince of Darkness.
Instant buy.

#5830 3 years ago

Going to join the side track, They live would be cool. Especially if they could get the playfield to change with lighting somehow to sunglasses on mode. OBEY, CONSUME.

#5831 3 years ago

Sharing some more thoughts on Rick and Morty now that I've had a chance to play more...

Short summary: If you are in on this game, you've chosen well. This game is so much fun.

-Some nuance on the thought that went into this design... The left bumper wasn't just designed and placed arbitrarily on the left (vs right), it's location allows the pin to be finessed as the ball hits it from the top to bounce upward to the right flipper to set up shots for the loop and garage.

-The dimensions create some interesting/unique moments during certain pairings. For example the fart dimension while pickle rick is grunting, or 3x right playfield during the Battle Dome mode.

-Chasing mega seeds is so addictive... I'm giving adventures way less attention than I should be.

-Scott's does some clever but subtle things with the music... When you play get Schwifty mode the audio acoustics change somewhat to make it more like a live performance.

-Looks like some season 4 references are appearing in the code - there was a reference to vat of acid in the mystery award.

A couple of things I'm trying to figure out:
-Does jumping from one dimension to another dimension provide any benefit vs returning to home dimension then going to a new dimension? I understand certain dimensions are deeper in the game, is their availability based on the previous?

-What does the noob noob target do, aside from the skill shot?

Is there any meaning to the different colors in the family targets or slam?

Why can't pickle rick be first?

#5832 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

-Does jumping from one dimension to another dimension provide any benefit vs returning to home dimension then going to a new dimension? I understand certain dimensions are deeper in the game, is their availability based on the previous?

Visiting 3 dimensions qualifies Extra Ball.

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If you “hop” from dimension to dimension without returning home, the new dimension will have an extra mega seed.

Quoted from jonesjb:

It’s the bonus shot in Total Rickall, and counts in the “Targets” set in things like Pickle Rick and ...

Quoted from jonesjb:

Nothing about the colors on the family targets, but the slam ring has a ‘bonus slam’ value when you complete a set of in-lanes. And if you keep completing sets without hitting it, the value goes up exponentially. Red -> Yellow -> Orange -> Green -> Blue (I think is the order). The Slam bonus hit sets the value of your slam saves, too.

Quoted from jonesjb:

To be polite to the average players on location. Having your very first adventure be on the garage is a much harder shot than the scoop.

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sharing some more thoughts on Rick and Morty now that I've had a chance to play more...
Short summary: If you are in on this game, you've chosen well. This game is so much fun.
-Some nuance on the thought that went into this design... The left bumper wasn't just designed and placed arbitrarily on the left (vs right), it's location allows the pin to be finessed as the ball hits it from the top to bounce upward to the right flipper to set up shots for the loop and garage.
-The dimensions create some interesting/unique moments during certain pairings. For example the fart dimension while pickle rick is grunting, or 3x right playfield during the Battle Dome mode.
-Chasing mega seeds is so addictive... I'm giving adventures way less attention than I should be.
-Scott's does some clever but subtle things with the music... When you play get Schwifty mode the audio acoustics change somewhat to make it more like a live performance.
-Looks like some season 4 references are appearing in the code - there was a reference to vat of acid in the mystery award.
A couple of things I'm trying to figure out:

I appreciate this post. There is so much that goes into designing a physical layout. I and others in the circle played the crap out of this thing and cut 3 whitewood versions of it before its "final whitewood" which still was tweaked for the better for production.

As for the audio, I did a lot more to Schwifty than it seems. I had to extract the vocals from the track and I completely reverse engineered and re-wrote it from the version that is on the R&M soundtrack. If you put the game in family mode, you can hear how the the word shit is bleeped, but not the music.

--Scott

#5835 3 years ago

Does anyone know if spooky charges tax based on Benton or your local tax? Also is there a benefit to paying cash? I'm driving out to Benton to pick it up and curious if I can pay when I pick it up or if I will need to arrange something else for payment. Curious on tax and cash to see how far from butter I am.

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Does anyone know if spooky charges tax based on Benton or your local tax? Also is there a benefit to paying cash? I'm driving out to Benton to pick it up and curious if I can pay when I pick it up or if I will need to arrange something else for payment. Curious on tax and cash to see how far from butter I am.

I was charged the IL tax rate of 6.25%. No, cash does not make a difference. I paid in cash for my first machine and I used a credit card for the second machine out of convenience. No difference between final amounts.

#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Going to join the side track, They live would be cool. Especially if they could get the playfield to change with lighting somehow to sunglasses on mode. OBEY, CONSUME.

Really great idea, but too bad Stern did a pretty decent job implementing that on ST. Not that they did a good job marketing it though...

#5838 3 years ago

Ok lighting mods round 3, another satisfying lunch break! Added some green fromunda lighting to the portal gun, stuck a pcb chip light to the underside of the gun and it lights up the plunge lane nicely and gives a cool effect of green glow around the gun. Added a few lights to that really dark back area of the table by putting blue lights behind the left ramp exit and right side return, some people may like it all dark back there but I like seeing the ball leave and the speed on it when it comes back in. Also put a 4in warm white led strip across the underside of the backbox centered over the house, put a dimmer on it and dialed it down real low, it brings out all the definition in the roof and the house, and I think it adds nice depth to the table.

IMG_1584 (resized).jpgIMG_1584 (resized).jpgIMG_1590 (resized).jpgIMG_1590 (resized).jpgIMG_1580 (resized).jpgIMG_1580 (resized).jpgIMG_1581 (resized).jpgIMG_1581 (resized).jpgIMG_1592 (resized).jpgIMG_1592 (resized).jpg
#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Ok lighting mods round 3, another satisfying lunch break! Added some green fromunda lighting to the portal gun, stuck a pcb chip light to the underside of the gun and it lights up the plunge lane nicely and gives a cool effect of green glow around the gun. Added a few lights to that really dark back area of the table by putting blue lights behind the left ramp exit and right side return, some people may like it all dark back there but I like seeing the ball leave and the speed on it when it comes back in. Also put a 4in warm white led strip across the underside of the backbox centered over the house, put a dimmer on it and dialed it down real low, it brings out all the definition in the roof and the house, and I think it adds nice depth to the table.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that is well thought out, and tastefully done.

Great job!

#5840 3 years ago

What do we have here then ....

rd

350E9999-9D4D-4851-9E13-BC9BDF463E50 (resized).jpeg350E9999-9D4D-4851-9E13-BC9BDF463E50 (resized).jpeg
#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What do we have here then ....
rd[quoted image]

rd, One's missing already.

#5842 3 years ago

Holy cats! That's a beautiful sight. How many in total for New Zealand? I count 11?

Message from the Freek Kingdom.

#5843 3 years ago

253 options sheet confirmed back to Spooky. Still excited to get this thing!

#5844 3 years ago

I tried replacing my screen in my Rick and Morty using the screen mod in the TNA thread, and I ran into an issue. I'm not getting a picture and am hoping someone can help.

For reference, I purchased these two items
Screen: ebay.com link: itm
Controller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCN2BRV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

Did I purchase the right products, and is there a way to tell if and which of the two products are defective? The screen does indeed seem to be powering on, I'm just not getting a picture (if that helps). Thank you for your help! I posted a similar request on the TNA thread, so not sure where is best.

#5845 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

253 options sheet confirmed back to Spooky. Still excited to get this thing!

Getting closer! 2 maybe 3 weeks with any luck. Love to see more people getting closer to their games!

#5846 3 years ago

Suggestion to add an ability to turn off the Shaker during the match screen. The game really shakes crazy. I've turned the match screen off bc of it.

Or maybe just lower the Shaker effect for the match screen?

#5847 3 years ago

While swapping out the broken spring plastic, I decided to change the color of the ship spring base to transparent green. Better? Worse? Try a different color?
20200918_101339 (resized).jpg20200918_101339 (resized).jpg

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Did I purchase the right products

I installed the same model numbers in mine and the washed out colors from my view angle is much improved. Check all the cables. Hot gluing the cable to the monitor was a little tricky. There is a LED that comes on on the adjustment board. The menu button should bring something up on the display.

a150 (resized).JPGa150 (resized).JPGa151 (resized).JPGa151 (resized).JPG
#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

While swapping out the broken spring plastic, I decided to change the color of the ship spring base to transparent green. Better? Worse? Try a different color?
[quoted image]

Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth. But I think changing the color makes it more of a focal point where as with the white, it just gets lost as part of the game, which is what I think was intended. The base is not something you really want to see for the "illusion" that the ship is flying. But I appreciate the effort, and if you like it, keep it!! Just not something that I would personally do.

#5850 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Try a different color?

Looks good but are you changing how it's mounted? I lessened the amount of travel when I replaced mine to try to keep it from breaking again.

a152 (resized).JPGa152 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/117?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.