(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 405.
#5651 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wild. I did add the new champ score videos to the attract, but they’re not any different than the rest of the video the game uses.

Yeah, when video playback dies it ALL dies. Full screen playback and the playback in the interdimensional cable TV.

#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's something you could discuss: Anybody have ideas for good clips to use for collecting an extra ball (when you collect it, we already have the robot to serve it) or locking balls in the ship?
I've been over the show a few times looking for stuff and haven't really found the right thing. Found the slam save clip on one of those passes, but still don't have anything for those other two things though.

I don’t mean to add to your pain, and I’m not too familiar with the code thus far, but was thinking the vats of acid, season 4, ep. 8, could provide good ball lock clips. Rick & Morty hide in the vats to escape danger (each lock) and then come busting out to go on the attack when they have to, i.e., multiball time!

#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For anybody having video issues like this:
- Do you force restart often with the start button?
- Do you skip videos with a double flip frequently?
Not able to recreate this issue locally yet, so I’m curious what detail I might be missing.

I have not been forcing restarts. for me, the skipping/not playing seems to occur after playing [x] number of games (x being a random number). I've also left the machine on, looping through the attract mode videos and after a while it starts to stutter and ultimately stop playing them (in both attract mode and during games). as zaphX has mentioned, a shutdown and restart always clears the issue (for awhile)

I had it happen to me whether I've skipped (or not skipped the videos) using the flipper buttons. it just seems to occur after so many games / videos have been played. it starts with the videos stuttering and eventually they just don't play at all.

#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I do not force restart but I do hammer start from the match sequence.
I almost always skip the videos during gameplay as quickly as I can.
For me the video problem seems to manifest after it has been running a few hours in attract mode.

Same.
I have never forced a restart, but usually start a new game before match sequence is finished. I'm about 50/50 with watching mode start clips.

My friend has an early build, running same code, but has a different motherboard and is not having these issues. Could that be something to look at?

#5655 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Possibly - but you’d need a particularly wide shot of the car to be able to have something to pan from.

I’ll see if I can find something with a wide shot that could potentially work.

#5656 3 years ago

When they changed motherboards, did the specs of the memory or processor change?

#5657 3 years ago

To those already in possession of their game: Is there any content from The Ricklantis Mixup? Hands down, my favorite episode. Seems like a shootout at the Creepy Morty would make a fun mode. Hoping my number is on the line by spring/summer 2021!

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I am now officially sorry I asked.

It's certainly been a teaching moment that picking clips requires both art and science.

That said, I'm persuaded the audio callout "lick lick lick my balls" should be in the game if isn't already (perhaps when ball three is served to the plunger after lock two).

#5659 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It's certainly been a teaching moment that picking clips requires both art and science.
That said, I'm persuaded the audio callout "lick lick lick my balls" should be in the game if isn't already (perhaps when ball three is served to the plunger after lock two).

It's definitely in the game already! No other game comes close to R&M when it comes to callouts.

#5660 3 years ago

It's definitely in there, I believe it happens randomly when you hit the Rick standup.

#5661 3 years ago

"lick lick lick my balls" should be in the game if isn't already (perhaps when ball three is served to the plunger after lock two).

It’s there. Heard for the first time and made lol. If this game wasn’t so damn funny, I probably would’ve sold it already.

#5662 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I am now officially sorry I asked.

Yeah, maybe so.
Quite often things that I think sound good in my mind don’t translate well outside of my head.

#5663 3 years ago

Great code moment.....beat blood dome and saw a shot flashing purple (after the mode completed). I hit it successfully and was greeted with a Mortal Kombat flawless victory nod along with morty doing a head ripper ala sub zero in mortal kombat. It was freaking awesome.

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great code moment.....beat blood dome and saw a shot flashing purple (after the mode completed). I hit it successfully and was greeted with a Mortal Kombat flawless victory nod along with morty doing a head ripper ala sub zero in mortal kombat. It was freaking awesome.

First person to report getting this shot done. Achievement unlocked.

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

First person to report getting this shot done. Achievement unlocked.

And now the joy of discovering it is spoiled for me!

#5666 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I haven’t beaten the Blood Dome (yet).

I will not mention this to my wife and let her discover it.

#5667 3 years ago

#219 Butter cab has been invoiced and paid

#5668 3 years ago

blood dome is probably the easiest mode (for me at least) to complete. backhanding the right ramp and the right side of the U loop is like butter
butter (resized).jpgbutter (resized).jpg

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And now the joy of discovering it is spoiled for me!

Once you read "great code moment" and don' turn back.....I don't know what to say!

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Possibly - but you’d need a particularly wide shot of the car to be able to have something to pan from.

The animation is so simple, you could basically cut the car and them out of a closeup and paste it into a wide shot empty background of something else. Yes it would be a lot of work, but the raw materials are there.

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Once you read "great code moment" and don' turn back.....I don't know what to say!

He just needs something to complain about...pay him no mind.

#5672 3 years ago

Here's a final round of lighting fun, pics of purple frosted strips on left and right undersides of the backbox- lights up the cool hinges and adds some nice purple light to part of the artwork in a dark room. 8in green strip on the back facing the wall to compliment the green speaker lights during attract mode & puts off a nice green backbox glow.
Put a color changer in both scoops, short vid of that below, I think it looks great in the main scoop, but the lower left one doesn't make as dramatic of an effect because of the closer proximity and angle you have to put the bulb. I ended up putting a blue in there for now to have a nice blue glow from the hole, pic of that below, & put the color changer on the magna save button it looks cool.
Tapped a 1ft green 12v strip off of one of the topper green flashers and put it on the bottom of the cab between the speaker and the front. It adds a nice flashing effect whenever portal is lit and you can see vid of it during attract mode below. Its a helpful notification around your feet that the portal is lit if you're busy looking down, however until everyone gets better at hitting the portal it might cause too much epilepsy and fall into the category of one of those bad good ideas!?(: Anyway its been fun adding some extras to an already amazing game, but its going to be even more fun now just playing!!

IMG_1476 (resized).jpgIMG_1476 (resized).jpgIMG_1477 (resized).jpgIMG_1477 (resized).jpgIMG_1463 (resized).jpgIMG_1463 (resized).jpg
#5673 3 years ago

New question for the guys who have issues with the video dropping out -- do you trap up often? Trigger the "FACTS report?

#5674 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

New question for the guys who have issues with the video dropping out -- do you trap up often? Trigger the "FACTS report?

I trap up often but not usually long enough to bring up the instant info.

I really think it just happens when the machine is left idle for a period of time, I will try and power it up without playing (difficult!) to confirm this.

#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really think it just happens when the machine is left idle for a period of time, I will try and power it up without playing (difficult!) to confirm this.

We can't re-create this on either motherboard version currently in the wild, so far.

#5676 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’ll see if I can find something with a wide shot that could potentially work.

epthegeek I had a quick look for a wide shot, then found this scene in rick potion #9 (even better!). I think it's on point (just after 8 minutes into the episode)...

First part of the animation could even be split to focus on either Rick or Morty during the run to the car. What do you think?

Rick and Morty Doors (resized).jpgRick and Morty Doors (resized).jpg

#5677 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Put a color changer in both scoops,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What kind of color changing LED/Socket does one use to light up the scoop? Do you have a photo of it mounted? It looks super neat!

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

**Spoiler** is the word you were looking for Jerry

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha. Nice. Well I agree - it does come up a lot. I don’t recall what episode it’s from either or why you would need to check your teeth but if you end up finding out why, good one to replace with more variety ; )
Evil morty!
Doofus Rick!
Cheers

You would go and get your teeth checked to confirm what reality you are in. Different realities, different teeth. Doesn't Rick keep a dental chart for this? Lol

The full quote might help you with context:

" ... Uh oh, you might be in a new reality, go get your teeth checked!"

.... so like identifying with dental records, except confirming you are actually where (dimension/reality) you thought you were (or not).

I hope that helps for you.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

epthegeek I had a quick look for a wide shot, then found this scene in rick potion #9 (even better!). I think it's on point (just after 8 minutes into the episode)...

Ooh, maybe. We’re using that for the Rick Potion #9 adventure - but it might be ok to re-use.

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

First part of the animation could even be split to focus on either Rick or Morty during the run to the car. What do you think?
[quoted image]

Quoted from epthegeek:

Ooh, maybe. We’re using that for the Rick Potion #9 adventure - but it might be ok to re-use.

Only problem, Morty is in the wrong clobber, wearing a torn suit instead of his usual.

#5682 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Only problem, Morty is in the wrong clobber, wearing a torn suit instead of his usual.

Ah yes, good point.

#5683 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Don't think I've ever held the flipper long enough to get status report.

#5684 3 years ago

Rick and Morty entering car - Run the Jewels Oh Mama video - starting at 1:27 - both are wearing suits & shades though...

rmcar (resized).jpgrmcar (resized).jpg
#5685 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

What kind of color changing LED/Socket does one use to light up the scoop? Do you have a photo of it mounted? It looks super neat!

Here’s the two scoops with the 555 sockets mounted, used a 555 flex slow color changer bulb from Comet, the main scoop up top I used an arm extension I had from Mezelmods to be able to get the socket with flex bulb in the right spot to shine up the scoop. On both I just used an existing screw on the scoop hardware.

4D5A88E3-8354-4470-893F-DE0C8896587A (resized).jpeg4D5A88E3-8354-4470-893F-DE0C8896587A (resized).jpeg221C59CF-235B-45D7-95F0-7C9DB2BA42D1 (resized).jpeg221C59CF-235B-45D7-95F0-7C9DB2BA42D1 (resized).jpeg
#5686 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

**Spoiler** is the word you were looking for Jerry

n'ah whytalk -

I think the word is **loser** as that is what I would describe someone who expects me to write "spoiler" when talking about pinball code.

Now go home and get your shinebox.

#5687 3 years ago

Ok!
I put the new code in two days ago and I have produced the “non-clip screen” a few times now.
I played a couple games, went normal.

Went and worked on another pin for an hour or so, left game on, came back and hit start, I get video, but no clips, nothing from an adventure start, no pickle Rick video, No match sequence,

#5688 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Ok!
I put the new code in two days ago and I have produced the “non-clip screen” a few times now.
I played a couple games, went normal.
Went and worked on another pin for an hour or so, left game on, came back and hit start, I get video, but no clips, nothing from an adventure start, no pickle Rick video, No match sequence,

Did you not have video issues on the code it came with? Do you remember what build date the software was?

#5689 3 years ago

My Rick and Morty arrives next week, I was planning on adding Titan rubbers to my pin. As I was looking at their color selection, I was originally planning on going with purple or glow. But I'm wondering if light blue might look good? It's not an obvious choice, however, the blue is an accent color throughout the artwork and might create unity with all of the crystals, Meeseeks, and Cthulhu across the artwork. Thoughts?

Single Flipper-450x300 (resized).jpgSingle Flipper-450x300 (resized).jpg
#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My Rick and Morty arrives next week, I was planning on adding Titan rubbers to my pin. As I was looking at their color selection, I was originally planning on going with purple or glow. But I'm wondering if light blue might look good? It's not an obvious choice, however, the blue is an accent color throughout the artwork and might create unity with all of the crystals, Meeseeks, and Cthulhu across the artwork. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

I started to fit glow tonight but I’ve decided to reorder a new kit with clear everything and either black or yellow flippers. The reason? The colored lightshow looks best displayed through clear rings, to me.

I’m trying to nail down the correct rubbers, as the Kalaxian Purple kit on Titan has some deviations from stock, and I discovered the fork I made is incomplete.
I’ve got an email in to KT to inquire what the official sizes are.

#5691 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'd still rather pay extra to have it changed officially at the factory...

Is the quiet fan upgrade gaining any traction? Really excited, but patient

#5692 3 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Is the quiet fan upgrade gaining any traction? Really excited, but patient

Meanwell will do it (I asked them about it on Spike and Spooky machines specifically), but Spooky has to ask and commit to buying X amount of fans from them to get the Meanwell ones stock with a quiet fans pre-installed after an engineering review. From a prior conversation I had with Charlie when I first started looking into finding a solution for the terrible Spooky power supply fans, I wouldn't say he was excited about the idea. However, ANYONE that has heard the difference is likely very excited to have the vacuum cleaner in the cabinet turned off.

So, unless you hear otherwise, I would say don't hold your breath. (But I really hope they do offer that upgrade one day, or change to a better power supply with a thermal switch for the fan so it doesn't run all the time)

#5693 3 years ago

Love this game, but I done broke mine. I was rearranging my game room, to put R&M in a better spot. I used a lift, so , no dragging. Turned it on, no video but game was working so I thought, maybe,it will fix itself, and played 1 game that seemed to have no issues, other than no video. Turned it off, then back on. Now all LED's are on (white), but it does not come up, and the LCD, turns itself off because no video. I kept messing with it, hoping what I was seeing wasn't right, but the CPU board was not turning on. I have a ATX power supply tester, so I was able to confirm proper power at the board, but nothing. Spooky agrees, that it is the CPU board. I don't know if it was support telling me this, or I read it somewhere so if incorrect i apologize. But at some point before my #156 was made The CPU boards they were using got discontinued and a new part was found. But now there has been a few people with cpu boards that just die. There are none in stock at right now at Spooky. Hopefully by next week but I'm not sure they have an exact ETA, who knows, they may be looking for another option. I know they may have great big box full of them in production, but they do not belong to support.

So what to do in the mean time? Well, I'd like to improve the sound of the Sub. I've seen a couple of posts that say it might be improved by adding an enclosure, but I have not seen where anybody actually has tried it to report if it helped. I'm not an audiophile, but I can google and this is what I'm gonna do. I don't know if everyone will get the same part, but mine came with GRS 10sw-4 you may need to look up the specs for whatever you do have. A GRS 10SW4 Is designed to be in an "Acoustic Suspension" enclosure A pin cab is an "Infinite Baffle" enclosure and will have poor sound, and will likely have a short life span, because there is no box to give your Sub it's spring. It should be in a box of a bit more than 2 cubic feet. That works out to a cube of 15.2 inches on each side. You can alter the shape as long as the volume stays the same. Sealed boxes can have issues of standing waves, which can degrade the sound so you should buy some acoustic batting to line the inside of the box. I think I shall make it look as if it were a microverse battery. Nobody will see it, I'll know it's there.
I was wondering why R&M has no sub box, when TNA did. To be my own devils advocate, they may have to switch to a different Sub for supply chain issues, and would need the box tweaked for best results.

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I started to fit glow tonight but I’ve decided to reorder a new kit with clear everything and either black or yellow flippers. The reason? The colored lightshow looks best displayed through clear rings, to me.
I’m trying to nail down the correct rubbers, as the Kalaxian Purple kit on Titan has some deviations from stock, and I discovered the fork I made is incomplete.
I’ve got an email in to KT to inquire what the official sizes are.

The Kalaxian purple rubbers kit, is different to stock. I think it was only one or two differences. Because, some are not available for Kalaxian purple, but you can make the substituted ones work. But I decided that Clear is probable the best for that light show. SO i didn't order them, The glow in the dark ones may be good too, I might give those a shot.

#5695 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

Love this game, but I done broke mine. I was rearranging my game room, to put R&M in a better spot. I used a lift, so , no dragging. Turned it on, no video but game was working so I thought, maybe,it will fix itself, and played 1 game that seemed to have no issues, other than no video. Turned it off, then back on. Now all LED's are on (white), but it does not come up, and the LCD, turns itself off because no video. I kept messing with it, hoping what I was seeing wasn't right, but the CPU board was not turning on. I have a ATX power supply tester, so I was able to confirm proper power at the board, but nothing. Spooky agrees, that it is the CPU board. I don't know if it was support telling me this, or I read it somewhere so if incorrect i apologize. But at some point before my #156 was made The CPU boards they were using got discontinued and a new part was found. But now there has been a few people with cpu boards that just die. There are none in stock at right now at Spooky. Hopefully by next week but I'm not sure they have an exact ETA, who knows, they may be looking for another option. I know they may have great big box full of them in production, but they do not belong to support.
So what to do in the mean time? Well, I'd like to improve the sound of the Sub. I've seen a couple of posts that say it might be improved by adding an enclosure, but I have not seen where anybody actually has tried it to report if it helped. I'm not an audiophile, but I can google and this is what I'm gonna do. I don't know if everyone will get the same part, but mine came with GRS 10sw-4 you may need to look up the specs for whatever you do have. A GRS 10SW4 Is designed to be in an "Acoustic Suspension" enclosure A pin cab is an "Infinite Baffle" enclosure and will have poor sound, and will likely have a short life span, because there is no box to give your Sub it's spring. It should be in a box of a bit more than 2 cubic feet. That works out to a cube of 15.2 inches on each side. You can alter the shape as long as the volume stays the same. Sealed boxes can have issues of standing waves, which can degrade the sound so you should buy some acoustic batting to line the inside of the box. I think I shall make it look as if it were a microverse battery. Nobody will see it, I'll know it's there.
I was wondering why R&M has no sub box, when TNA did. To be my own devils advocate, they may have to switch to a different Sub for supply chain issues, and would need the box tweaked for best results.

I bought an enclosure for a 10" sub ( really cheap on ebay) , put an old pioneer 10" sub in it that I've had for years from my car stereo days, and connected it to the amp. Works great, and none of the rattles that are a problem if you drive the cabinet speaker too hard.

#5696 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

The Kalaxian purple rubbers kit, is different to stock. I think it was only one or two differences. Because, some are not available for Kalaxian purple, but you can make the substituted ones work. But I decided that Clear is probable the best for that light show. SO i didn't order them, The glow in the dark ones may be good too, I might give those a shot.

Yeah I did a mod of that kit and thought I undid the modification correctly (replacing the 2 round rubber sub with a 7/16 to match the 1/2 of the original.) But I messed up and I'm clearly missing some. I can't delete the kit from Titan but I did make a note that it's incomplete while I try to get the proper sizes down. I want to mimic the original design intent.

On another topic, rattles, I am starting to make some improvements:

- I removed the black glass channel from the back of the box and put fuzzy velcro inside it on the top AND bottom. That guide now fits snugly.
- I added some thicker weatherstripping to the backbox where the glass rests and to the metal plate where it rests against the wood.
- I put 3 layers of anti rattle tape on the glass.

Right now I think the only rattles I get are from the playfield parts themselves, and just the sound of the air escaping the cabinet vent. However I plan to remove the anti rattle tape - it's visible peeking out - and replace with more fuzzy velcro added inside the plastic glass channels on the sides.

#5697 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Did you not have video issues on the code it came with? Do you remember what build date the software was?

This new symptom is from the 08/26 on Spooky site.

I’ve updated consistently since June

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

[quoted image]

Why'd yours take so long to get to you? In the low 200's and I thought you were 143?

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I trap up often but not usually long enough to bring up the instant info.

same here. trapping just long enough to settle the ball, but not bring up the instant info. seems to occur after playing the game non-stop for a couple of hours as well as leaving it idle.

#5700 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Why'd yours take so long to get to you? In the low 200's and I thought you were 143?

I am 143. I requested to shift a month while doing a move from NYC. I didn’t want to have to relocate this pin too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/114?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.