(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 405.
#5551 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I'm sure Eric will join in when he sees this as he went through it with me, it's a qwerk of proc. If the eos isn't made long enough flippers can stay activated. Fix is to adjust eos so it's made slightly earlier. It's a fine balance, you want it making early enough to fix this issue but not too early or it will leave you with an easily knocked down flipper. It's posted in this thread somewhere, pages back.
Edit... Found the post for you... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/78#post-5710895

Thanks for this, backing down my aggro EOS setting a bit fixed it!

#5552 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for this, backing down my aggro EOS setting a bit fixed it!

Glad you worked it out. I missed the whole thing. As mentioned before and linked by Kevlar - if your EOS is adjusted to the very-extreme-last-possible-end-of-stroke closure, you can hit this symptom just because of how the system timing works. You do want it 'near' the end (more so than old WMS EOS adjustments) though.

Older games use the EOS to cut off the "main" power and switch to the 'hold' power. We can't do that because; reasons. In R&M (and other spooky games) the EOS is only used to detect a flipper getting knocked down, and you want that to happen pretty quick - but if it happens TOO quick, you can end up with the stuck flipper. BUT - it's only 'stuck' with a patter-hold strength, so it's not likely to burn anything up -- it's not "locked on" per say.

#5553 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Older games use the EOS to cut off the "main" power and switch to the 'hold' power. We can't do that because; reasons.

Wow, what a waste. Is that a limitation of the hardware platform? Are there plans for the firmware to be updated to allow the EOS it to be used as intended in a more robust way?

#5554 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

where can one get one of those???

What he said!

#5555 3 years ago

Not sure if this is a good score or not but this is my best so far!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/733725351

#5556 3 years ago

Ok. Had to get under the hood today and found this thing flapping in the wind. Does it get plugged in at the top? Any help is appreciated!

CE252A16-298E-431B-8501-70D272CA7A06 (resized).jpegCE252A16-298E-431B-8501-70D272CA7A06 (resized).jpeg
#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

In R&M (and other spooky games) the EOS is only used to detect a flipper getting knocked down

Can you elaborate on what knockdown means? I mean, if the flipper button remains held, nothing should cause the flipper to drop right? Not even a hard ball hit.

#5558 3 years ago

Ok, think I figured it out.

#5559 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Ok. Had to get under the hood today and found this thing flapping in the wind. Does it get plugged in at the top? Any help is appreciated!
[quoted image]

Goes on that pin header above the other ribbon cable in your picture. Is for the segment display. Surprised it wasn’t hot glued.

Quoted from zaphX:

Can you elaborate on what knockdown means? I mean, if the flipper button remains held, nothing should cause the flipper to drop right? Not even a hard ball hit.

The hold power is a balance of “strong enough” and “not too much heat”. It can definitely be knocked down by a hard enough shot, they’re just pretty rare. In the event of a hard shot, if adjusted right, it should dip a little and then snap back in place.

#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Goes on that pin header above the other ribbon cable in your picture. Is for the segment display.

Ha! Yeah, plugged it in and my wife said immediately, “Hey, there’s a countdown timer here now!” It must have been unplugged since we got it, I don’t know how I missed that.

#5561 3 years ago

Any chance a unique adventure is put in the 10th slot to make it more desirable to reach? I reached 8 today which I was surprised to see as I’m not good but I checked the rules and it seems the 10th just lets me choose an adventure but nothing new. It would be much more exciting if there was an adventure I can’t see or play as #10. Just an idea...

#5562 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any chance a unique adventure is put in the 10th slot to make it more desirable to reach? I reached 8 today which I was surprised to see as I’m not good but I checked the rules and it seems the 10th just lets me choose an adventure but nothing new. It would be much more exciting if there was an adventure I can’t see or play as #10. Just an idea...

Yes. There is a chance. A 100% chance.

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. There is a chance. A 100% chance.

I like those odds!

I will say that the code on this at this point is really good and that unique adventure would be awesome.

I would love to see a little evil morty.....maybe that’s coming?

#5564 3 years ago

Question- will pinball life sell a replacement playfully?

#5565 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

From my dealings, Pinball Life sells all replacements pretty professionally. I've not has so much as a pun or dad joke out of them.

#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

From my dealings, Pinball Life sells all replacements pretty professionally. I've not has so much as a pun or dad joke out of them.

I have had them include candy in the order though.

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I have had them include candy in the order though.

That is true. I guess that could be considered playful.

#5568 3 years ago

Sorry I meant playfield but they cam also sell it playfully if they like ...

#5569 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Ha! Yeah, plugged it in and my wife said immediately, “Hey, there’s a countdown timer here now!” It must have been unplugged since we got it, I don’t know how I missed that.

Mine was the same. I'm asking for a glue gun for xmas.

#5570 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is true. I guess that could be considered playful.

They sent me a clown nose once; funniest most random semi-useless thing ever but I've actually been kinda disappointed they haven't sent another in my subsequent orders.

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

They sent me a clown nose once; funniest most random semi-useless thing ever but I've actually been kinda disappointed they haven't sent another in my subsequent orders.

How many noses do you have?

I mean, if they had sent a clown shoe...I could understand your disappointment.

#5572 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Seems to be about the only place you can get a replacment TNA playfield, so I guess that is where they'll be...

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I bought wax from them and got a red ball... was probably a clown nose but I am such a moron I used it to wax a playfield only to realize it was not the best applicator

#5574 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

How many noses do you have?
I mean, if they had sent a clown shoe...I could understand your disappointment.

My kids thought it was funny and hoped to find another in the next box (I mean, they never knew cereal box prizes like we did)...

For the other commentor, yeah it was more a random big red foam ball but it happened to be the right size and (accidentally?) poked/split to be an almost perfect clown nose

#5575 3 years ago

Man, conversation has really dried up.

#5576 3 years ago

I finally got brave and did the garage shot guide rail modification. So much better now and I don't think it's all mental/skill either. Every other shot seems fine so I'm not going to mess with the scoop or the spinner shot. Definitely have put more plays on it in it's first 2 months than any other machine I've bought.

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I finally got brave and did the garage shot guide rail modification. So much better now and I don't think it's all mental/skill either. Every other shot seems fine so I'm not going to mess with the scoop or the spinner shot. Definitely have put more plays on it in it's first 2 months than any other machine I've bought.

Can you link to the specific modification? I think there were a few discussed. No additional drilling or anything?

#5578 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/37#post-5552517

This was the one I followed. I did not put a drill/screw in the middle tab. Keeping an eye on it to see if it moves at all before screwing it into a new spot.

#5579 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Man, conversation has really dried up.

Game currently has 8 adventures, right?

Roy: A Life Well Lived
Total Rickall
Whirly Dirly
Look Who’s Purging Now
Pirates of the Pancreas
Pickle Rick
Get Schwifty
The Blood Dome

Each is unique, challenging and fun. Some I’ve beaten and others, not yet. There is also a lot of action created from locking balls, starting multiballs and visiting dimensions. Everything feels complete and imo, the topper is integral to the game aesthetic. The main area needing attention is the number of adventures offered, so the obvious question is how many are currently planned? I don’t want redundant or insignificant adventures added just to jack the numbers. From a gut feeling, I suggest 16 adventures would be pretty awesome, whilst 24 would be most excellent.

Eric or Bowen once indicated there were 12 adventures initially brainstormed. Surely 1-4 adventures might be created from Pinside ideas. So Bowen or (Eric, Luke, Charlie, David), now that you are approaching game build #200, how many modes are coming?

The other area lacking is a callout and lamp effect are missing, following the completion of a dimension. Hopefully this is already in the works, but if not please consider adding it. I’ve stayed with 20.07.31 code and will continue resisting updates until the balance of adventures are offered.

#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

how many modes are coming?

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

/more than there are now
//less than the Hobbit, I'd wager.

#5581 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

/more than there are now

So 16 then, right?!

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

/more than there are now

Agreed no fits, and 8 adventures feels pretty good, but long-term that may not be enough. I don’t expect you to overcommit but it’s a big difference between 8 (now), 16 (crowd guesstimate) or 36 (Hobbit sized number). Can you say whether it is safe to assume another 5 or 6 are on the drawing board that will likely be included, I’d sleep soundly with that.

#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

/more than there are now

Uh.....is that a pun to be funny or just provide a bit of distance from the question? He took the time to frame his question politely, and as an informed customer.

It's not a weird idea, or a bad one, for a customer to want a less than vague idea of what the final product will look like or represent.

Only in pinball, (I hope) can you purchase a product in full, and still not really understand entirely what you're buying. Transparency with customers seems an issue across all pinball companies. These aren't exactly Cold War secrets, people just want to make INFORMED decisions when making large, gratuitous purchases.

#5584 3 years ago

Eric probably doesn't know how many modes there will be in the "final" finished code. As been stated numerous times, this game is unique in that it purportedly will follow as more and more seasons are made. Will there be a time when Eric will stop working on the code? Yes, likely, but who knows when that will be. It might be on season 25 when R&M is finally done.

I'm sure Eric will have no issues speaking for himself, but relax. People that went in on this game (sold out within 4 hrs) didn't have much info to go on when buying, so the "informed" part has come and gone. Knowing that Spooky was the manufacturer, Scott on design, and Eric on code was more than enough info for me and 750 others to make a decision.

#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So 16 then, right?!

Hobbit has 31 or 36, so 30?

#5586 3 years ago

Can you say whether it is safe to assume another 5 or 6 are on the drawing board

What's safe to say is that I'm not going to say.

Quoted from wesman:

Uh.....is that a pun to be funny or just provide a bit of distance from the question? He took the time to frame his question politely, and as an informed customer.

Just having a little fun, man! Whimsy! and whatever.

#5587 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It's not a weird idea, or a bad one, for a customer to want a less than vague idea of what the final product will look like or represent.
Only in pinball, (I hope) can you purchase a product in full, and still not really understand entirely what you're buying. Transparency with customers seems an issue across all pinball companies. These aren't exactly Cold War secrets, people just want to make INFORMED decisions when making large, gratuitous purchases.

Not knowing is part of the fun!

#5588 3 years ago

Whats the latest code update? Been out of town for awhile. 20200826?

#5589 3 years ago

Total Rickall
Whirly Dirly
Look Who’s Purging Now
Pirates of the Pancreas
Pickle Rick
Get Schwifty
The Blood Dome
Each is unique, challenging and fun. Some I’ve beaten and others, not yet. There is also a lot of action created from locking balls, starting multiballs and visiting dimensions. Everything feels complete and imo, the topper is integral to the game aesthetic. The one area needing attention is the number of adventures offered, so the obvious question is how many are currently planned? I don’t want redundant or insignificant adventures added just to jack the numbers. From a gut feeling, I suggest 16 adventures would be pretty awesome, whilst 24 would be most excellent.
Eric or Bowen once indicated there were 12 adventures initially brainstormed. Surely 1-4 adventures might be created from Pinside ideas. So Bowen or (Eric, Luke, Charlie, David), now that you are approaching game build #200, how many modes are coming?

Personally I feel if they even get to 12 they have gone above and beyond for me.
Any pre tv screen game basically have 4-6 different “modes” and are quite repetitive.
I also don’t believe they’d ever take a mode from our ideas. These have probablybeen figured out long ago and in the works/donealready.

#5590 3 years ago

The other area lacking is a callout and lamp effect are missing, following the completion of a dimension. Hopefully this is already in the works, but if not please consider adding it. I’ve stayed with 20.07.31 code and will continue resisting updates until the balance of adventures are offered

I totally missed this paragraph. I'm not sure what you mean by "complete" a dimension? If you get all the mega seeds, there's a callout. If you time-out, there's a full PF portal lamp show transition (which wasn't working for a while due to a bug .. which leads me to ...)

For heaven sake man! Don't hold off on code! I'm fixing my terrible crap all the time! Look at the change log: https://soldmy.org/rm_changelog.txt

Edit like this line in the Aug 10 update - Fixed: The "Portal" lightshow on the PF didn't play when returning to C-137

#5591 3 years ago

Here's something you could discuss: Anybody have ideas for good clips to use for collecting an extra ball (when you collect it, we already have the robot to serve it) or locking balls in the ship?

I've been over the show a few times looking for stuff and haven't really found the right thing. Found the slam save clip on one of those passes, but still don't have anything for those other two things though.

#5592 3 years ago

#171 has landed!

118887357_811395732935737_3247493692493932626_n (resized).jpg118887357_811395732935737_3247493692493932626_n (resized).jpg
#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's something you could discuss: Anybody have ideas for good clips to use for collecting an extra ball (when you collect it, we already have the robot to serve it) or locking balls in the ship?
I've been over the show a few times looking for stuff and haven't really found the right thing. Found the slam save clip on one of those passes, but still don't have anything for those other two things though.

Damnit, I have to watch R&M *again* for research purposes???

#5594 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Damnit, I have to watch R&M *again* for research purposes???

It's rough, I know. The hardest part is to remember to actually look for things and take notes versus just enjoying the show.

I figured somewhere I'd find individual shots of R&M getting in the car for locking balls. No such luck.

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Things we haven’t seen that I am hoping make it into the game - Scary Tarry saying you can run but you can’t hide Bitch, would make a perfect lock clip. First lock he says you can run. Second lock he says but you can’t hide. Ball three he says Bitch! .

Also, you could try using clips of family on the couch, flipping to a station on the interdimensional cable box. This would be a good way to introduce hundreds of fake show callouts and humor.

The other repetitive action is Rick swigging a shot, belching and a quote. There are probably 100 variations you could try here.

Another option would be to use actual clips of 100 cast characters where you cut out a specific line and clip from the show and players can hear one quote from each castmember per lock. No new studio recordings or licensing is needed if you cut and paste, right?

All of these are iconic. Whether it’s Scary Tarry getting pissed off and trying to kill you, flipping to a weird cable station, Rick drinking and benching or just hearing from all the minor cast. Your mission is clear, choose wisely.

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Courier Flap with Eggvite from Wedding Squanchers? "Oh Shiiit, Extra Ball!"

#5597 3 years ago

Things we haven’t seen that I am hoping make it into the game - Scary Tarry saying you can run but you can’t hide Bitch, would be a perfect lock clip. Also, you could try using clips of various members on the couch, flipping station on the interdimensional cable box. Or you might try using a clip of the dog in robot suit talking down to Jerry. Or maybe Rick swigging a shot, belching and a quote. Haven’t seen Bird Person either. All of these are quick and iconic images.

None of this is really related to locking a ball though. Playing random stuff from the show for the sake of playing it without a good reason isn’t what I’d want.

#5598 3 years ago

Total Rickall
Whirly Dirly
Look Who’s Purging Now
Pirates of the Pancreas
Pickle Rick
Get Schwifty
The Blood Dome
Each is unique, challenging and fun. Some I’ve beaten and others, not yet. There is also a lot of action created from locking balls, starting multiballs and visiting dimensions. Everything feels complete and imo, the topper is integral to the game aesthetic. The main area needing attention is the number of adventures offered, so the obvious question is how many are currently planned? I don’t want redundant or insignificant adventures added just to jack the numbers. From a gut feeling, I suggest 16 adventures would be pretty awesome, whilst 24 would be most excellent.
The other area lacking is a callout and lamp effect are missing, following the completion of a dimension. Hopefully this is already in the works, but if not please consider adding it. I’ve stayed with 20.07.31 code and will continue resisting updates until the balance of adventures are offered.

I would consider the game "complete" if there were 9 standard Adventures and 1 Special Adventure for punch 10. Of course I would love to see much more than that!

I know initially the game spotted adventure punches largely because there weren't enough adventures in the game to complete a card. My opinion is that once there are enough adventures the game shouldn't spot any adventures at start as the default. I have mine set to 2 currently but plan to reduce this when more Adventures are added. To me it doesn't feel like you've really earned a card if you get the first 4 punches spotted for you.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's rough, I know. The hardest part is to remember to actually look for things and take notes versus just enjoying the show.
I figured somewhere I'd find individual shots of R&M getting in the car for locking balls. No such luck.

Like the first five seconds of this?

#5600 3 years ago

2 balls locked. Just the little snippet of the 2 balls actually being enclosed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/112?hl=billypilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.