(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 405.
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wubba lubba dub dub!!! 162 is in the house!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GDZLe8GTB5yF
I took a few live photos and a 4k walkaround video to try and show off the butter - it really is stunning in person. ZERO regrets on that.
The sound system in this game is the best I've heard in a pin - awesome bass. Unfortunately this translates into massive, and I mean MASSIVE glass rattle.
I'm about to try padding it with some fuzzy velcro - anyone else run into this and have words of wisdom?

There is considerable discussion and ideas for the rattle on the TNA owners forum.
Everything from electrical tape and zip-tie bits to mention a few.

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I took a few live photos and a 4k walkaround video to try and show off the butter - it really is stunning in person. ZERO regrets on that.
The sound system in this game is the best I've heard in a pin - awesome bass. Unfortunately this translates into massive, and I mean MASSIVE glass rattle.
I'm about to try padding it with some fuzzy velcro - anyone else run into this and have words of wisdom?

If you have the option I highly recommend the 10in external Polk sub route, jump the external off the internal sub then you have to turn the sub dial on the amp almost all the way down, but now you have as much bass as you could ever want from the external without the cab/glass rattle. That amp pushes so hard even with the bass dial almost at zero my external still hits harder than any other pin I’ve put on it. You can’t wipe the grin off your friends faces when you crank it up and drop that plunge!

#5503 3 years ago

Well this sucks. Second play broke the game. Shot the scoop, ball did not eject for a long time. Now I can't start a game, start button fires the scoop VUK and does nothing else.

Anyone have suggestions to diagnose?

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Zip tie worked ok for me. I put one on each side. You can adjust the amp a lot, bass, treble, volume, sub power. I turned my volume down and increased it on the game. That way I put the attract videos on volume 1 and they aren't too loud but the game blasts. If you really wanted to, you could turn down the bass to help with the rattle.

Take the foam off from around the ship! The butter cab looks fantastic though. Thanks for the great photos!

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Take the foam off from around the ship!

Yeah, I did I always photograph my games as they come out of the box. Best they will ever look

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well this sucks. Second play broke the game. Shot the scoop, ball did not eject for a long time. Now I can't start a game, start button fires the scoop VUK and does nothing else.

Are you updated? All the balls are in? Maybe eject the balls and put them back? Just guesses.

Also maybe try a factory reset.

I found I had to tweak the settings for some of the coils. It would be nice to not only have the optimum flipper positions in a photo, like mentioned before, but also what people are setting their coils at.

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Never should have said Wubba Lubba Dub Dub. Now you are in great pain. JK Hope you find a quick fix.

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are you on most recent code? I had some issues with the code it was shipped with. Updated and all good.

#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are you on most recent code? I had some issues with the code it was shipped with. Updated and all good.

Just out of curiosity, what code did it ship with?

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Just out of curiosity, what code did it ship with?

Code was dated 7/31 but I updated it to latest before flipping it.

Running 20200826.

It worked for 4.5 games - my wife got the first three, I got 1.5. From what I can tell the opto always thinks a ball is in the scoop.
Hopefully something easy.

#5511 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Code was dated 7/31 but I updated it to latest before flipping it.
Running 20200826.
It worked for 4.5 games - my wife got the first three, I got 1.5. From what I can tell the opto always thinks a ball is in the scoop.
Hopefully something easy.

It’s not an opto. Check your scoop switch.

#5512 3 years ago

thats nice they update the code before shipping. I am glad they just didn't flash 700 boards at once and leave it up to you to update it. What nice guys!

maybe two contacts touching? For some reason my left flippers bottom part of the switch was bent bridged, causing the flipper to stay up. Happened randomly one time and just had to bend the bottom parts (with the solder) apart.

#5513 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Phoenix person looks badass in butter!

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s not an opto. Check your scoop switch.

Looks stuck. Glad it's not an opto, this should be easy once I make my way to it.

IMG_2458 (resized).jpegIMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
#5515 3 years ago

Fixed! It was a stuck microswitch, loosened the screws on it a bit and now it's operating fine. Thanks @epthegeek!

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fixed! It was a stuck microswitch, loosened the screws on it a bit and now it's operating fine. Thanks epthegeek!

Looking forward to your assessment of the game!

#5517 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fixed! It was a stuck microswitch, loosened the screws on it a bit and now it's operating fine. Thanks epthegeek!

Glad to see you have yours, I'd like to come see it at some point. I have not been able to see much difference between a butter, and normal via pictures.

#5518 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

Glad to see you have yours, I'd like to come see it at some point. I have not been able to see much difference between a butter, and normal via pictures.

I have never seen a butter cab. That said my buddy who got me into pinball 'as long as you never see one in person, you don't need one..... but if you do and it's a game in your collection for the long haul... then you kick your self forever'

My rick and Marty 163 got here yesterday i went butter based on that advice as I plan to have this in my collection for years to come. Its really not ae to be captured on picture.... but I couldn't be happier with that decision.

Also I watched way too much RaM game play before I got it. From what little I played and how well it played and all the spooky adjustments is just amazing. The theme integration,the call outs, the speed, the shots.... it's awesome.

So if your big fan... it's on the 'collection' and you have right room location.... butter will make you happy.

Butter is likethey painted the artwork on a car, clear coated it to perfection and its on your cabinet.

20200903_234647 (resized).jpg20200903_234647 (resized).jpg
#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

Check out the video in the iCloud photo gallery I posted. It gives a pretty good view of what the butter is like.

I am SUPER happy with it.

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Check out the video in the iCloud photo gallery I posted. It gives a pretty good view of what the butter is like.
I am SUPER happy with it.

I haven't seen anyone regret getting the butter yet!

#5521 3 years ago

Invoice received and paid today #213

So excited!!!!

#5522 3 years ago

Seems like after the game is on for an hour or so, it stops playing attract sounds and also the cable/commercial clips.

#5523 3 years ago

For Blonde Redhead and vinyl fans, Touch and Go is re-releasing melody of Certain damaged lemons. Get your “Evil morty” music fix https://store.touchandgorecords.com/products/blonde-redhead-melody-of-certain-damaged-lemons-20th-anniversary

#5524 3 years ago

I said “hey google” play the evil morty song,
It did then proceeded to play all the songs heard in R&M. I’m hearing “Goodbye moon man” by Fart right now, LMAO

#5525 3 years ago
Quoted from Thespiffy53:

Invoice received and paid today #213

I just gotta live until March or so...

and then I can Schwifty.

#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I said “hey google” play the evil Morty song.
It did, then proceeded to play all the songs heard in R&M. I’m hearing “Goodbye Moon Man” by Fart right now.

I said "Alexa" play "Goodbye Moon Man" by Fart.
She did, then proceeded to play various fart noises. I just wish I hadn't been in the office at work at the time.

#5527 3 years ago

Is the upper right flipper supposed to have an EOS switch? Mine doesn't.

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the upper right flipper supposed to have an EOS switch? Mine doesn't.

Nope.

#5529 3 years ago

Happy Labor Day weekend! Stay safe Pinsiders.

260DA068-4771-4E6D-9653-9FAE77C49FDC.jpeg260DA068-4771-4E6D-9653-9FAE77C49FDC.jpeg
#5530 3 years ago

Had some fun streaming and learning the rules tonight!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/731691600

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This your stream?

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

This your stream?

Yes, though you may not recognize me with quarantine hair.

#5533 3 years ago

To shorten the waiting time....

IMG-20200904-WA0008 (resized).jpegIMG-20200904-WA0008 (resized).jpeg

#5534 3 years ago

Invoice for 235 received. Out of town for Labor Day weekend, but I’ll get it paid Monday when I’m back.

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

To shorten the waiting time....
[quoted image]

where can one get one of those???

#5536 3 years ago

D605824D-74E6-4237-9603-2E0132F00A83 (resized).jpegD605824D-74E6-4237-9603-2E0132F00A83 (resized).jpeg
#5537 3 years ago

Anyone out there willing to make an airball protector for the right ramp ?

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Anyone out there willing to make an airball protector for the right ramp ?

Just turn down the power on your left flipper a bit?

#5539 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just turn down the power on your left flipper a bit?

I will give that a try... it's all or nothing... you hit it off it can still make it some Times but a true shot airballs

#5540 3 years ago

Has anyone noticed the left flipper sticking up, then recovering once you flip it again?

Things I’ve checked:

- Button is not binding
- Leaf switch is properly gapped
- Flipper travel does not bind when manually manipulated

I don’t know what else to check at this point, that seems to cover all of the physical aspects of the flipper.

#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has anyone noticed the left flipper sticking up, then recovering once you flip it again?
Things I’ve checked:
- Button is not binding
I don’t know what else to check at this point, that seems to cover all of the physical aspects of the flipper.

Coil Stop (post) loose or busted. It'd be surprised if that wasn't it. Classic sign. Fortunately you can have the coil stop off to inspect and replace if necessary in less than 5 minutes. Very easy.

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil Stop (post) loose or busted. It'd be surprised if that wasn't it. Classic sign.

Interesting, when I had a coil stop blow on Jurassic Park it manifested as a flipper that would drop when a ball hit it. I’ll check it out though as well as the sleeve. Thanks!

PS - Planning to install your silent fan kit tomorrow.

#5543 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Interesting, when I had a coil stop blow on Jurassic Park it manifested as a flipper that would drop when a ball hit it. I’ll check it out though as well as the sleeve. Thanks!
PS - Planning to install your silent fan kit tomorrow.

Intermittently sticking up that you can knock down with your hand or more flips (vibration) is almost always a coil stop in my experience. MAAAAAYBE not enough vertical clearance between the flipper bushing and the shaft (if you pull up on the flipper do you get some movement?). But more likely coil stop IMO.

Good luck on the fan install. We haven't lost anyone yet. The improvement in sound levels is pretty immense.

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Great stream even if you look like a Hippy! lol Fun stuff glad your liking the game.

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great stream even if you look like a Hippy! lol Fun stuff glad your liking the game.

Thanks, don’t diss my quarantine hair!

#5546 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Intermittently sticking up that you can knock down with your hand or more flips (vibration) is almost always a coil stop in my experience. MAAAAAYBE not enough vertical clearance between the flipper bushing and the shaft (if you pull up on the flipper do you get some movement?). But more likely coil stop IMO.
Good luck on the fan install. We haven't lost anyone yet. The improvement in sound levels is pretty immense.

I read in one of the flipper troubleshooters to kill power if the flipper sticks up.
If it stays up, it’s physical. If it drops, it’s electrical.

It dropped.

Would this point to a transistor or software issue in that case? (BTW still going to check the stop tomorrow.)

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I read in one of the flipper troubleshooters to kill power if the flipper sticks up.
If it stays up, it’s physical. If it drops, it’s electrical.
It dropped.
Would this point to a transistor or software issue in that case? (BTW still going to check the stop tomorrow.)

Ah, in that case, sounds like maybe the EOS switch is sticking, so the "hold" power is engaged on the flipper (not the stronger flip power). When it's stuck up, go into switch test and see if that flipper's EOS switch is stuck.

#5548 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Things I’ve checked:
- Button is not binding

I'm sure Eric will join in when he sees this as he went through it with me, it's a qwerk of proc. If the eos isn't made long enough flippers can stay activated. Fix is to adjust eos so it's made slightly earlier. It's a fine balance, you want it making early enough to fix this issue but not too early or it will leave you with an easily knocked down flipper. It's posted in this thread somewhere, pages back.

Edit... Found the post for you... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/78#post-5710895

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I'm sure Eric will join in when he sees this as he went through it with me, it's a qwerk of proc. If the eos isn't made long enough flippers can stay activated. Fix is to adjust eos so it's made slightly earlier. It's a fine balance, you want it making early enough to fix this issue but not too early or it will leave you with an easily knocked down flipper. It's posted in this thread somewhere, pages back.
Edit... Found the post for you... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/78#post-5710895

Ah that makes sense then. I did adjust the EOS to be as late in the flipper travel as possible, as my flippers were spongy. I guess I need to dial it back a bit.

Thanks!

#5550 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah that makes sense then. I did adjust the EOS to be as late in the flipper travel as possible, as my flippers were spongy. I guess I need to dial it back a bit.
Thanks!

I’ve fixed this by adjusting the hold power of my friends R&M to “high” for the lower flippers in settings. No more issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/111?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.