(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 404.
#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or.... just use the correct polycarbonate plastic much easier and rather low cost fix. I’m sure they will address this in no time.

I agree in some respects there... but most are lasting well and the odd one or two lasting like 100 games? ... but if the explanation for this anomoly is just tight bolts where they really want to be loose and have some play? = solved

If they have not all been cut already, adding the relief should be very cheap and straightforward. Same for assembly details like "keep these 2 bolts loose".

#5252 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Under noob noob. Not that you need to see a broken piece of plastic, but behold...
[quoted image]

This one has happened before as well :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/22#post-5496458

#5253 3 years ago

Put quite a few games on mine this weekend with latest code.
Had a couple glitchy/audio clipping instances and a couple game resets.

Also, I seem to only see the same 5 or so dimensions. Have yet to see any of the weird flipper dimensions. Are those just seen less frequently?

#5254 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Put quite a few games on mine this weekend with latest code.
Had a couple glitchy/audio clipping instances and a couple game resets.
Also, I seem to only see the same 5 or so dimensions. Have yet to see any of the weird flipper dimensions. Are those just seen less frequently?

The odd flipper behaviour dimensions are definitely less frequent than some of the more common dimensions ( TNA, fart, wildeim etc). I've only got to them a few times. How many dimensions are you getting through in a game? The more you get through the larger chance of seeing the less common ones. There's a night vision dimension I've only seen once, and the twilight zone one I've only seen about 3 times.

Sorry to hear about your resets, I do find that odd. I'm on beta software ( which currently matches the latest public release) and haven't had a reset in probably a month.

#5255 3 years ago

Wifey made me a coffee mug to go with the pin. This is a 14oz thermos mug. The design is done in powder coat

118361329_337415070950205_6747057213738665853_n (resized).jpg118361329_337415070950205_6747057213738665853_n (resized).jpg
#5256 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Corner rounded is not the only important consideration, radius makes a difference, as does surface finish. Bigger radius is better, to a point. Too big and there is not enough plastic body remaining for strength.
I might have to re-consider saying no design changes should be needed, the narrow slot ending creates a concentrated stress point.

My new plastic from Pinball Life has a radius
3DEC9228-6A66-4B85-832E-96EE91624A58 (resized).jpeg3DEC9228-6A66-4B85-832E-96EE91624A58 (resized).jpeg

#5257 3 years ago

I have seen more glitches with the latest code. The game slows and becomes unplayable.

#5258 3 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

[quoted image]

LOL. Once again, I am late to the party.

Thanks for sharing!

#5259 3 years ago

I got a chance to play Rick and Morty for a couple hours yesterday. What a great game. It kicks you in the nuts but you keep coming back for more. I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

I kept having my ball drain just after the immortality field ball saver timed out. I thought it would be funny to have the game play this clip (at the 0:11) mark if you drain your ball within 10 seconds after the immortality field timed out. It would seem to tie in nicely.

#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

But i agree. Lexan or makrolon would suffice.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Or.... just use the correct polycarbonate plastic much easier and rather low cost fix. I’m sure they will address this in no time.

1) Polycarbonate. Lexan. Macrolon. The only way to fly. That stuff just does not break.

2) At the pivot point, instead of a radius cut, make a 90 degree cut on each slot which pulls the pivot point away from the slot. Make those two 90 degree cuts about 1/4 of an inch long. Now all of the pivot stresses are moved away from the slot and will allow good flexing at the edge of the top door.
===============

Quoted from razorsedge:

Having a keyhole there is on the right track though I think. Along with relaxing the two bolts somehow, maybe.

I like your keyhole idea (the lower one). I like the upper one, too, but the lower one looks cleaner. Two 90 slots would work the same, I think. I don't think you need to worry about loosening the bolts.
7bfe30bccf0f62499a8e36c3c4a7f89d3b068a0e (resized).jpg7bfe30bccf0f62499a8e36c3c4a7f89d3b068a0e (resized).jpg

=====================

Quoted from JustEverett:

I won't have my game for another month or so, so I can't measure the problem plastic under the spaceship. If anyone who currently has a game is willing to take some measurements please DM me. Thanks!

When your R & M arrives, give me a call. I have the material in my stock of poly. I'll need your part for a pattern, but we can fix this problem if Spooky does not offer up a fix. It will take about 20 minutes of bench time to crank one of these out.
======================

Quoted from TherealDroopy:

I'm guessing drilling the holes at the end of the slot would break it using a drill bit. But if you used a dremel and cone shaped grinding stone, that would probably work.

Plexiglass, or acrylic will break. With poly (it will not break), you have to make sure your drill bits do not catch the edge of the plastic and start ripping the hole into a mangled mess.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m sure they will address this in no time.

I agree.

#5261 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I got a chance to play Rick and Morty for a couple hours yesterday. What a great game. It kicks you in the nuts but you keep coming back for more. I'm really looking forward to getting mine.
I kept having my ball drain just after the immortality field ball saver timed out. I thought it would be funny to have the game play this clip (at the 0:11) mark if you drain your ball within 10 seconds after the immortality field timed out. It would seem to tie in nicely.

Very clever!

#5262 3 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

[quoted image]

How come I did not see this before I wrote my bit of drivel?

#5263 3 years ago

Quick question for you guys.

My top right flipper stopped working. The other day it was a half firing about 10 times but it worked itself out. Going into the test menu, the flipper fires just fine. I checked all the connections and they look ok, even reset the game to factory default. I’m a bit at a loss because if it was a connection, why would it fire in the test menu? I’m sure it’s something simple. Thanks a million.

#5264 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Quick question for you guys.
My top right flipper stopped working. The other day it was a half firing about 10 times but it worked itself out. Going into the test menu, the flipper fires just fine. I checked all the connections and they look ok, even reset the game to factory default. I’m a bit at a loss because if it was a connection, why would it fire in the test menu? I’m sure it’s something simple. Thanks a million.

Might need a support capacitor in the circuit somewhere?

Worked wonders on houdini.

Its also a P3-roc system.

#5265 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Might need a support capacitor in the circuit somewhere.
Worked wonders on houdini.
Its also a P3-roc system.

Spooky games have that already.

#5266 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You guys ROCK!

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Obviously you are all overthinking it. The real solution is duct tape.

#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Obviously you are all overthinking it. The real solution is duct tape.

Well, lets go all in and roll out the Gorilla Tape. Nothing but the finest

#5270 3 years ago

Latest code

I've had a few times audio video clipped and slowed to a halt. Have to reset. Seems random. Once when I was entering initials and again in the middle of pickle rick mode.
Anyone else seeing this?

Loving the game so far. Skipped golf with my buds today just to play R&M all afternoon.

#5271 3 years ago

I had it lock up with the latest code. I think I had two balls locked and just finished or drained on the Scwifty mode.

Amazing game, great coding. If anything I blame beta testers, haha.

#5272 3 years ago

It's slowed and locked up 3 times after 20-25 minutes of play with the latest code on my machine.

#5273 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Semi false alarm. That right flipper button with the plastic extender piece. It needs so much adjusting.

#5274 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hey don't feel bad... we ALMOST had a little controversy going here. But just like many times before in this thread Spooky manages to nip it in the bud. Preemptive shutdown.

Where's the fun in that?

#5275 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Semi false alarm. That right flipper button with the plastic extender piece. It needs so much adjusting.

There is also one dimension where the left flipper controls the lower left flipper and the upper right flipper.
Confused the hell out of me first time I played it.
Friggin awesome.

#5276 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

. Once when I was entering initials and again in the middle of pickle rick mode

Interesting. So far the slow down issues that have happened were due to video handling, but nothing has changed about the high score entry in quite a while.

#5277 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

<snip>.... we have this edible printer</snip>

if you get hungry, do you have decide if you want to print more or eat the printer?!?

what's the cost associated with replacing said edible printer? is it cheap enough to warrant consuming it rather than replacing the ink cartridges?

#5278 3 years ago

#219 Just invoiced for options this morning

#5279 3 years ago

Another noobnoob "protector" bites the dust...

IMG_20200824_165608 (resized).jpgIMG_20200824_165608 (resized).jpg
#5280 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

#219 Just invoiced for options this morning

Ok...I'm getting excited. So damn close.

#5281 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I just had an idea of a fix for this. I will start working on it and report back for all the owners.

Follow-up on this as I decide whether to move forward with design and production. I'm looking about ~$500 at least up front costs into this fix plus variable cost of material and time going forward. I figure my breakeven will be selling about 100 units at $30. I see pinball life has the replacement plastic available for $2. The fix I'm coming up with would be a 1 time fix and it would never break again.

So would all the owners rather just keep replacing the plastic with the Pinball life replacement? Or would everyone be willing to spend $30 for a lifetime fix?

#5282 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Follow-up on this as I decide whether to move forward with design and production. I'm looking about ~$500 at least up front costs into this fix plus variable cost of material and time going forward. I figure my breakeven will be selling about 100 units at $30. I see pinball life has the replacement plastic available for $2. The fix I'm coming up with would be a 1 time fix and it would never break again.
So would all the owners rather just keep replacing the plastic with the Pinball life replacement? Or would everyone be willing to spend $30 for a lifetime fix?

I think it will be fine

I'll just check 2 bolts aren't (too) tight and go from there.

#5283 3 years ago

Is that 30 dollars for the one piece? I guess that would depend on how it looks and if they'll proactively do anything to fix these. I'd hate for you to spin your wheels and they send everyone out a free hinged replacement. Your efforts are definitely appreciated. Every time I look at a different part of this game, i cross myself because I see a new piece of plastic that will probably break.

Quoted from JustEverett:

#5284 3 years ago

Same place roughly as in all of them. Is there some stress point on these? Why is it breaking right there?

Quoted from Kevlar:

Another noobnoob "protector" bites the dust...[quoted image]

#5285 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Same place roughly as in all of them. Is there some stress point on these? Why is it breaking right there?

If they would use polycarbonate there would be no breaking problems. But poly is a little more expensive than Acrylic if that is what they are using. But what is the point of pinching pennies if all pinching does is lead to is broken junk.

#5286 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Ok...I'm getting excited. So damn close.

I'm getting excited, too. I'm looking for an invite to play that sucker

#5287 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If they would use polycarbonate there would be no breaking problems. But poly is a little more expensive than Acrylic if that is what they are using. But what is the point of pinching pennies if all pinching does is lead to is broken junk.

It is quoted as being PeT-G. Not junk, just needed an engineering tweak.

PeT-G takes more abuse than Acrylic, but less than polycarb.

It is suitable material really (even If not the best), but certainly needed those reliefs, which have been updated now.

In my opinion, slack on the end two bolts there would only be benefit, as well.

Most games these seem to have lasted just fine so far, without the new improvement. So now even Better!

#5288 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm getting excited, too. I'm looking for an invite to play that sucker

*Blood sucker

#5289 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Another noobnoob "protector" bites the dust...[quoted image]

Like with this protector... why is the rectangle cutout in there??

It doesn't appear to be in the actual plastic?

If the rectangle cutout Does Need to be there, maybe it warrants a third post up the top, for more support?

#5290 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I would be in if in fact Spooky does not fix this, but with their track record, I am sure they will. But, depending on how it looks, etc.. I would be in for one probably as a permanent fix if it cosmetically goes with the game.

And with all the breaking protectors, it would appear that the large piece that keeps breaking off should be secured somehow on that end. I am guessing that there was no way to secure that with where it sits? I may pass on the protector set at this point when my build comes up and go with an aftermarket set that someone makes in a sturdier material.

#5291 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

There is also one dimension where the left flipper controls the lower left flipper and the upper right flipper.
Confused the hell out of me first time I played it.
Friggin awesome.

Can't wait to see this. How often does it come up?

#5292 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can't wait to see this. How often does it come up?

I got it for the first time on Saturday, so not sure.

#5293 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Like with this protector... why is the rectangle cutout in there??
It doesn't appear to be in the actual plastic?
If the rectangle cutout Does Need to be there, maybe it warrants a third post up the top, for more support?

those two stress points could be eliminated with a radius on those inside corners

#5294 3 years ago

#242 here - just received my build sheet from my distro. Looks like they sent build sheets out for 231-250.

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

#242 here - just received my build sheet from my distro. Looks like they sent build sheets out for 231-250.

Same here for #246. The hype is real.

#5296 3 years ago

I don't have any answer for the sporadic lag some people have reported lately, but I did fix the repeat-loops not charging the meter properly and this:

iii (resized).pngiii (resized).png

For anybody running into lag - sending me the logs doesn't much help in this situation unless you're running the beta builds with more detail. What is important is what was going on when it started to slow down. Did you just get a mystery award? did you just trigger some other specific thing? Do you force-restart your game much (this might be a factor). Video of it happening is the most useful, of course.

#5297 3 years ago

epthgeek,

You know what be just the tits? I do love the cutscenes during attract mode. After all, the cable episodes were some of the best.. It would be super nice if we could specify a custom volume for those. It's a bit of an issue having those at the same awesome volume as when you are actually playing the game. I'd like to turn them down to 1, to have them play in the background without everyone turning their heads or wondering where the sound is coming from in a different room.

#5298 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

epthgeek,
You know what be just the tits? I do love the cutscenes during attract mode. After all, the cable episodes were some of the best.. It would be super nice if we could specify a custom volume for those. It's a bit of an issue having those at the same awesome volume as when you are actually playing the game. I'd like to turn them down to 1, to have them play in the background without everyone turning their heads or wondering where the sound is coming from in a different room.

This is a reasonable request (personally, I hate audio in attract modes, but I get it for locations). I will see what I can do.

#5299 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is a reasonable request (personally, I hate audio in attract modes, but I get it for locations). I will see what I can do.

As rick says about noob noob.. "This guy gets it"

I am not a fan of audio in attract mode either, but damn those cutscenes are the best.

#5300 3 years ago

Any mods people are hyped about? I haven’t been paying too close attention as I wanna be naive to a lot of what’s been put into the game since February’.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,300 (OBO)
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/106?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.