Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JoeJet
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pg_nylon.jpg
    TF_leg2.jpg
    TF_leg.jpg
    DSC_4865.JPG
    photo_(1).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benaar:

Man do I wish they'd had these in place for TFLE! My poor decals are all tore up. []

I'm thinking exactly the same thing!! It's all that nudging that does it! They were fine when I put the legs on, but now they're bulging everywhere!! I'm gonna have to take the legs off and sort it out with some decent protectors and try an re-positrion the bulging decals back to the cab...

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

I've attached a picture of what Pincabs do to Stern decals.

I should add a pic of what no pincabs do on the same game as a fair comparison
    Maybe tomorrow if I remember to take a pic tonight...

#32 11 years ago

As promised, here's a pic of what 'no pincabs' did to my TF cab... needless to say, I wish I'd gone the pincabs route... of course the Pinball Life metal protectors would have been the better choice...

The pink 'washers' by the way are my way of trying to protect the custom paint on the legs... they're just compressed paper type plumbing washers... as you can see, one seems to have suffered a bit and has probably reduced the tension in the bolt... PTFE would probably be a better choice...

TF_leg.jpgTF_leg.jpg TF_leg2.jpgTF_leg2.jpg

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

Holy crap man!! How long did it take to get that way? Did you try contacting Stern to see if they would send you a new set of decals?

I guess I've had the game about 6 months, not sure of the number of plays... maybe 500?

I did think of contacting Stern, I only just noticed it recently to be honest... My first thougt was that it would probably be a waste of time, but no harm in trying I suppose...

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

terry @ pinball life sells protectors for the legs too (in the way of little nylon washers that keep the paint/plating from getting chipped by the leg bolts

Cool... I should have known someone would have already thought of this and have them readily available!

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

And yes, Stern did send a replacement decal set out.

Mmm, I guess I should get in touch then!! Thanks for the motivation!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoiding-decal-wrinkling?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.