Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.jpg
    tayamo.jpg
    image (resized).png
    Capture+_2017-11-11-11-56-09 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-10-29-07-54-06 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

He didn't make amends, he gave excuses and passed the buck.

I'm sorry,...... I actually feel for the guy if what he posted was true and heart felt. You guys are using "Logic" to try to understand. I've been around and dealt with people with an "addiction" and there is no logic past that next fix, whether it's gambling, alcohol, drugs, etc.... He probably really had all intentions of doing the right thing and didn't mean to hurt anyone...But that usually falls apart within hours or days...

Not saying what was done was right! But I think some of you are not really understanding his post. If what he posted was true.

He's not worried about the money right now or PP or much else! He's worried about his life. Doesn't make what he did right! I can't rip on a guy though that had the guts to come forward and say...."Sry, about your money, I didn't mean to hurt anyone, I'm going through hell right now, so try to see if PP will give you your money."...

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Wonder if you would feel differently if you were the one being ripped off.

I didn't say it was right. And no I wouldn't feel much different if what he posted is the truth. 300 bucks? Haha I've lost 10's of thousands because of friends or family fighting "addiction". That's the last thing he may be worried about right now.

Not saying he's in the right at all....I don't even think it's even an excuse, just kind of understand maybe.... And may have taken a lot to even post laying it out on the table. It doesn't all work instantly...

I hope everyone gets their money back too! And maybe they will. Just sounds like an all around bad situation.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Blah blah blah .The guy should be put in JAIL , theft of purchase plain and simple. Jail would be the best rehab and it's free.

haha Maybe! Good luck sending him to jail! Let me know how that works out for ya! Hey! I feel for both sides, I've just been through it with a couple of people that were close to me...And F d up stuff happens! I could write a couple of pages in here. Not saying it's right at all..

If the guy admitted to it openly? Then he might be headed in the right direction...And maybe after some thought and a little time, may even try to make it right. Hopefully!

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

You're right jail may not happen, but karma is a bitch. Now days you only go to jail for DUI F d up for sure.

Ya! And I keep trying to tell them! "I drive better when I'm drinking!" but they won't listen to me!

I'm jkg! I haven't driven under the influence in years.

Heck! One night I drove about 10 miles, decided I would crash at my dads house because it was the closest place. That's exactly what I did too! Smashed into a tree in his front yard! " I made it!!, I'm home!!!"

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I find the d-bags that go silent and don't deliver are usually living in a state of chaos and really shouldn't be selling online. They have time to list products and take your money, but they just don't have the time to fulfill their obligations. Give him a charge back ASAP. Never use friends and family with unknown parties.
    BTW, every thief I've had the displeasure to cross paths with has had reasons or excuses for the malfeasance. In fact, they are simply amoral assholes.

So, what happens if you have Ebay loaded to the max. Your best friend and brother dies in a freak accident. Now, you could care less about anything in life.....For months and even a year.

I'm curious if stuff like that also fits your above category? What about a wife getting hit head on and you throw all your less important obligations to the wind for a few months? Or how about.......

Stuff happens! Intent means everything. If he wanted to rip people off? He would have never came back and posted. He wouldn't have needed to.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

^^^ fair enough. Never thought of it that way.
    -Mike

I'm not saying what he did was right at all.....But None of us really know the whole story of why.

In my past I've skipped out on some people, not proud, and the intentions were not to do that. But sometimes we get so buried or off track that it happens. The bad thing is? We could do all the helpful things, be generous, and people only remember the one or two bad things.

And once he made this right? I wouldn't be afraid to buy from him in the future. Heck the guy has offered to give me things in the recent past. I just don't think it was intended to happen. Maybe I'm wrong...but so what..

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Tens of thousands lost? Seems you could start using some logic.

Maybe?

Are you going to teach me? You tell me how it works! And what costs can get to. Anyone that has had someone close go through knows that I'm not FOS. You may be lucky! They will empty the bank, they will take your stuff, they will cost in other ways too, fines,Dr.'s,max out credit cards, Od, etc....! And if your as lucky as I was they were able to kick it and end up being "normal " again. Was losing everything worth it in the end? You bet! And I would do it all over again!

So, teach me some logic oh great one!

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Sounds like you had alot of money to throw away . Tell us, are you going to do it all over again?

DO you remember what you said a few posts up about Karma bud? It works for you too!

Not exactly sure what your question is asking...
    No, I've never been addicted to anything other than cigs. Would I go through helping a loved one again? Yep!

The whole point about the money was that someone said something like..."if it was your money you would feel different about it." That was the whole reason why I even brought that up. And no, if you actually read all of the possible "costs". The money isn't exactly "thrown away".

Edited...Went too far!

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

I guess i got lucky all 4 of my boys never messed with hard drugs, they were more into fishing, hunting, four wheeling and the great outdoors. I have had many friends pass away from drugs maybe my kids seen that and decided it wasn't for them, some people just don't learn from others mistakes. And this poor sap owns and drives the car in my avatar, and it was worth every penny. I have a buddy that asks why i put so much money in that car, i said why did you buy your wife tits and a tummy tuck, now she is overweight and all that money was wasted, but i still get to enjoy my drag car. All i can say is i guess my boys had more respect for themselves and me, to not mess with drugs.

I was just using the car thing as an example I went too far with that and edited......What you and I or anyone else thinks of thrown away money is just different. Not that I'm against racing. I've dumped my share into cars. Just an example of something that does "eat money". And Ya...I had a lot stolen from me too!

Anyhow! Never mind me! I feel for the OP, the seller, and the other people that are out of money! Back to pinball!

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Thank you! Should of stayed on the high road.

I was feeling kind of bad I had a bunch of down votes....But you made me feel better! Once I saw that you had 82 on one post my dozen didn't seem so bad! Thanks for making me feel better!

I'm messing with you! I could care less. But I did see the 82 and just started laughing! There should be some kind of pinside award for that!

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

If down votes make you feel bad, you're taking it too seriously!

No...I did take some posts in this thread way too serious at first....Then thought...This is pinball, this is why I come here! I don't need to explain myself and my life to a bunch of other clowns like me, about why I have the opinions that I have from my experience!. Who cares! This place is where I come for fun! Not to worry about serious stuff! I'll leave that for Dr. Phill!

I dislike no one on here, it's all for fun!!

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

This is likely the disconnect -- your point of reference is a family member, and the lengths you would go to for a family member that was struggling with addiction and messing your life up as a result. For people that are owed parts, tayamo is just a guy they've never even met that dropped off the face of the earth with their money. So it's not surprising that his customers are less concerned about the reason their money has vanished (i.e. drugs, gambling, QVC, whatever it is) than about getting their parts or their money back. If they knew him personally it would likely be a different story for many of the posters that are taking a harsher tone.

You may be right!

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

If you read his Facebook page you might see why his life was disintegrating. All you have to do is look at his political statements and that should tell you most all you need to know!!!

Is that kind of like palm reading? jkg

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I have a brother who is and has been addicted to pain killers (vic's, perks etc.) and it is not only the physical addiction they contend with, their brains actually get re-wired and the thought process is completely changed and must be dealt with as well. My brothers addiction was not intentional, he was on pain killers for his back for a couple of years before he finally got it fixed. He struggles with it each day and I try to help him as much as I can without enabling him which is hard to do because it's walking a such fine line. He will finally be going into a rehab (day after Thx Giving) where they work with both the physical and psychological aspects so I'm thankful for that everyday. Tayamo is making an effort to correct this situation so lets please bare with him and give encouragement to complete the process of healing. As I stated earlier in this thread, I don't support what he has done but I do support his efforts to get clean and make amends when and where possible. He will have a lonely and hard road ahead of him but it can be done with just a little help from others.

And depending ....Even sinus or cough meds....Sometimes anything, can make it come back(bad wording but my only way of describing) . I have to hide anything and everything or lock it up. As a precaution. If it's a rough day and it's in the open? It will be gone. Then the cycle starts all over in a way. Stuff you wouldn't even think about too..Like, Ibuprofen even. It has to be handed out. Kratom is another one.... It's taken to try to get the same feeling. And Is sold in a lot of gas stations(depending on state). So, depending, and if you are watching/helping someone it can be hard too....You may already know all of that. Again may depend on the person and how they recover.

Most every one that I know started out in an auto accident or major injury. It goes from there. In my situation, they went through multiple surgeries, and after four years of pain meds. They pretty much just cut them off. So, there is no real rehab after these things. Or wasn't a few years back. Maybe they are controlling it better now. or worse.

And I'm sure that all depends from person to person.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-pinsider-tayamo?tu=joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.